Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)

KP govt allocates Rs 200m for transgender community in annual budget

PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s provincial cabinet met on Tuesday, with Chief Minister Pervez Khattak in chair, to approve the annual budget having a total outlay of Rs505 billion for fiscal year 2016-17.

“No new tax has been proposed in the budget,” special assistant to chief minister on information Mushtaq Ghani said while giving details of the budget.

In the new budget, he continued, a special fund of Rs200 million has also been earmarked for the welfare of transgender community of the province for the first time in the budget history of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Presenting the annual budget for fiscal year 2016-17 at the floor of KP Assembly, Provincial Minister for Finance Muzaffar Syed advocate said Rs10 billion for 64 ongoing and Rs2.42 billion for eight new projects have been earmarked in the budget.

In his budget speech the finance minister stated that the province is expected to obtain Rs380 billion from the federal tax assignments, Rs293 billion as one per cent of divisible pool for war on terror, Rs35 billion as straight transfer, Rs17 billion as net hydel profit, Rs18 billion as arrears of net hydel profit and Rs15 billion million as incentive on surplus cash balance.

The finance minister further said 160 new primary schools and 100 new secondary schools would be constructed in the province whereas 100 religious seminaries would be converted into primary schools.

The KP government has decided to allocate Rs33 billion for the local governments during the next fiscal, Syed said, adding that the province will generate Rs15 billion from its own resources under sales tax on services sector.

The minister said KP will generate Rs3.5 billion from its own power generation in the coming fiscal.

While revealing the salary package for government employees Syed announced the merger of 10 per cent interim allowance of 2013-14 into the basic running pay of the provincial government employees. He further announced a 10 per cent increase in salaries of the government employees.

The provincial finance minister also announce a 10 per cent increase in the pension of retired employees and 25 per cent increase in the pension for the employees having more than 85 years age. The rise in salaries, pension and allowance would cost Rs14.20 billion to provincial exchequer.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1264788/kp-...-annual-budget

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic – it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Good to see KP govt taking steps to help minorities and transgenders.

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic – it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent news. Keep up the good work KPK government.

Rule #1 I’m always right
    Rule #2 If i’m wrong please look at rule #1

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IslamabadUnited View Post
    Excellent news. Keep up the good work KPK government.
    I hope they continue it and set more examples so the other provinces and federal can follow. No shame in following good examples i will appreciate it if they follow it instead of sending derabris for more press conferences.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 4 posts? I guess people discussing positivity is not fun. Anyways good for KPK government. Sexual preference of people is not the problem, the right wing extremists are.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Exile
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transvestites are not transgender, the Pakistani English media is full of jaahils whondont know the difference

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Good work. Keep it up.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon i guess your Taliban Khan got love for transgenders and minorities thats why KP govt helping them?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike Rate View Post
    @Mamoon i guess your Taliban Khan got love for transgenders and minorities thats why KP govt helping them?
    Good job by PTI when it comes to supporting transvestites, but unfortunately it doesn't cancel out the funding to Taliban madrassa.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Good job by PTI when it comes to supporting transvestites, but unfortunately it doesn't cancel out the funding to Taliban madrassa.
    Sometime i wonder how come you miss all positive development threads of kp/pti govt and you appear in almost all threads about them where you can attack kaptaan

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike Rate View Post
    Sometime i wonder how come you miss all positive development threads of kp/pti govt and you appear in almost all threads about them where you can attack kaptaan
    Same can be said about you and others. I don't see Insaafiyans coming out in numbers to criticize PTI funding the madrassa.

You should lead by example then and criticize when criticism is due. Maybe that will inspire me to give due praise when it will be due.
    Last edited by Bilal7; 13th November 2016 at 23:53.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    How do we treat them ?

There is a video out there where a Man who is under 30 is beating a transgender with a Hunter so so brutally and askd his friend to film it.

If I would have got power I would have jailed him for 10 years.

Where is Shame & Where is Humanity ?

# Khaadim e Aala
    # PunjabSpeed Notice lou.

#CyberCrimeBill
    #Chaudhary Nisar take notice.

@DW44 these are practicing hells.
    Evils. Begherat Jaanwars.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @WebGuru

Mein Aesi Jamhooriat pe Laanat bhejta hun jahan pe Qanoon ki Amaldaari na ho aor Ba-Asarr logoun ko Qanoon ka koi khouff na ho.

Jahaan Ghareeb, Kamzor aor Aqleeat se Insaaniat Soz Salook ho.

Aesay hukmaranoun k liye doob merne ka muqaam hai.

Sayeedi Pbuh ki Rooh bhee kaamp uthee hogee aesay Sampoun Darindoun ko dekh k. Agar dekh saktay hein tou.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    @WebGuru

Mein Aesi Jamhooriat pe Laanat bhejta hun jahan pe Qanoon ki Amaldaari na ho aor Ba-Asarr logoun ko Qanoon ka koi khouff na ho.

Jahaan Ghareeb, Kamzor aor Aqleeat se Insaaniat Soz Salook ho.

Aesay hukmaranoun k liye doob merne ka muqaam hai.

Sayeedi Pbuh ki Rooh bhee kaamp uthee hogee aesay Sampoun Darindoun ko dekh k. Agar dekh saktay hein tou.
    I share same views i reject this civil dictatorship in the cover of jamhuryat.

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    I share same views i reject this civil dictatorship in the cover of jamhuryat.

Being a Punjabi again Sir Sharam se Jhukk gaya.

Afsouss sadd afsouss

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    How do we treat them ?

There is a video out there where a Man who is under 30 is beating a transgender with a Hunter so so brutally and askd his friend to film it.

If I would have got power I would have jailed him for 10 years.

Where is Shame & Where is Humanity ?

# Khaadim e Aala
    # PunjabSpeed Notice lou.

#CyberCrimeBill
    #Chaudhary Nisar take notice.

@DW44 these are practicing hells.
    Evils. Begherat Jaanwars.
    This isn't even that bad by Pakistani standards. I can think of at least two other incidents just from today that make this look like a non event. Living in Pakistan, I am no longer shocked by such brutality since inhumanity has now seeped deep enough into our society to be considered indisputably a part of our culture. Ten years ago, such news would have shocked and horrified me but incidents like this are now pretty much an everyday occurrence. Three such incidents in just one day (specifics of the other incidents not included) and this one is nothing compared to the other two.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 13th November 2016 at 17:59.

Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Jajja Badmaash has been arrested.

Let's see if anything happens or once again it will be Matti Pao.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Country’s first school for transgender persons opens

The first school for the transgender community was launched at an event at the Alhamra Open Air Theatre, Gaddafi Stadium, on Sunday.

The school is being launched by an NGO called Exploring Future Foundation (EFF), which has attempted its first project.

“We will be providing skill based training and curriculum to the transgender community that has enrolled with us,” said Moizzah Tariq, the managing director of the NGO.

“Most of them have shown interest in sectors of the fashion industry including learning about cosmetics, fashion designing, embroidery and stitching while some have also shown interest in graphic designing and culinary skills. Having gained information from them first we designed our courses for them.”

Asif Shahzad, the owner of the school, said there are 30 people enrolled in the school.

“I was moved after seeing the bomb blast in Indonesia in 2016 at a transgender school,” he said. “It was the only such school in any Islamic country in the world. After that we decided to provide them education and bring them to the mainstream.”

The plan is to provide a diploma course so that the students will be able to either work or set up their own businesses, and the NGO is to facilitate them with both procedures.

The school, ‘The Gender Guardian’, has no age limit and is located on main DHA. Classes will begin on Monday (today).

“We are trying to convince them of leading better lives, and also try to tell the rest of society that they are also human beings, and that they should be treated as humans,” said Shahzad.

The event was supported by transgender activists Zara Changezi, Khursand Bayar Ali, Neeli Rana and others from Khwaja Sirah Society, and recently the first transgender newscaster Maavia Malik. Gurus (leaders/patrons) and others from the community were also present at the event.

The event started off with musical concert including performances by Annie Khalid and Falak. Afterwards theatre performances took place.

Notanki Productions Creative Director Khursand Bayar Ali whose play Umeed was performed, said the play was primarily about the main issue of HIV affecting the community.

“They must know the ins and outs of the problem, and we have also tried to sketch a situation where affected transgenders are shunned by society and need counseling. There’s a message for everyone in this.”

Noor who plays a lead character in the play is herself a patient of HIV and says that people must know the exact ways in which HIV virus is spread because misconceptions cause transgenders to be ostracised.

“Society feels it is only a sexually transmitted disease and they reduce us to mere sexual beings, when in fact it is also spread through incorrect syringe use, or through infected blades etc.” she said.

“There are many who refuse to eat with, or talk to HIV patients and stay physically away from them. As for the transgender they too need to understand that they must take their medication as it is a disease that can be controlled even if it can’t be cured.”

Maham, another actor, said she was afraid of coming out at home, and her family had no idea that she was in a woman’s getup, and the problem lay in lack of acceptance. “My father does not talk to me and I am often bullied by older siblings, but my teachers have played a role in my life in helping me accept my own identity and this self-realisation has made me feel more comfortable. Still society should be more accepting of people.”

Shahzad said they were trying to get the word across through educational institutions that their initiative must be supported by everyone.

Lahore and its surrounding areas have a population of roughly 30,000 people who are counted among the transgender community.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1401944/co...-persons-opens