Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 147
  1. #1
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    8,504
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Does MS Dhoni win or lose more matches?

    Often considered as finisher and a match winner on PP, I think he looses as many matches as he has helped India win.

    In T20's he was never good, always been one of the most garbage batsman playing.

    In ODI's he was good only for 2-3 years at the start of his career.
    Poor away in SA and Australia, very poor in world cup big matches. Failed in every big match 2007, 2011 and 2015. Playing only one good innings in 2011 at home, vs Sri Lanka.

    So, today we have another example of Dhoni helping his team to loose the match and still going with a not out to make his stats look better. I can remember Dhoni playing such useless, selfish innings sometimes in ODI's:
    vs Pakistan in India, 2nd ODI, staying on the crease and not going for a win
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/589309.html

    vs South Africa, same thing
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/648651.html

    vs Australia, world cup semi final,
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/656493.html
    Again, good looking score for the stats, but match situation tell you that he was not even going for the win.

    Now that were three cases where India were probably going to loose anyway but still as a batsman Dhoni should have at least tried to win it, but he preferred to scored useless fifties.

    Now some cases, where his slow batting costed the match to India, again there are probably many more, but I remember two series, one in New Zeland and the one at home against South Africa:
    some scorecards:

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/667641.html
    Coming in with RRR of 7:50, going out with RRR of 9.85 with a statistically good looking 46 ball 40.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/667645.html
    Math tied, well Dhoni had lost the match easily, but he was undone by a brilliant partnership between Ashwin and Jadeja (65 from 46 and 66 from 45).

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/667649.html
    Well the less said the better.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/903593.html
    31 from 30, 1st ODI vs South Africa, single handily loosing the match and wasting a brilliant 150 from Rohit.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/903597.html
    47 from 61, going out making sure the RRR is over 10 and India can't win it.

    And that just some ODI's I remember because they are pretty recent.

    In T20's he has also achieved such performances a lot of time.

    I consider him as a better match looser than match winner.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,260
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot one match in which India was doing so well until he came out to bat. His slow batting almost cost the match. That should have been criticized heavily, but you know, ironically, he became a hero in the end.
    India needed 90 runs in 16 overs when he walks out to bat with 6 wickets in hand. He scored only 14 runs in his first 36 balls.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwe...ch/518959.html

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,260
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can any Dhoni fan list the Dhoni's finishes throughout his career? Sorry, I can't look beyond 4-5 matches.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    1,185
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's lose and not loose

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,748
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Probably equal number of losses and wins, more wins early in his career and more losses later on.

  6. #6
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,673
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Can any Dhoni fan list the Dhoni's finishes throughout his career? Sorry, I can't look beyond 4-5 matches.
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings

    There are many more where he got out at the end.

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,673
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    So, today we have another example of Dhoni helping his team to loose the match and still going with a not out to make his stats look better. I can remember Dhoni playing such useless, selfish innings sometimes in ODI's:
    vs Pakistan in India, 2nd ODI, staying on the crease and not going for a win
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/589309.html

    vs South Africa, same thing
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/648651.html

    vs Australia, world cup semi final,
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/656493.html
    Again, good looking score for the stats, but match situation tell you that he was not even going for the win.

    Now that were three cases where India were probably going to loose anyway but still as a batsman Dhoni should have at least tried to win it, but he preferred to scored useless fifties.

    Now some cases, where his slow batting costed the match to India, again there are probably many more, but I remember two series, one in New Zeland and the one at home against South Africa:
    some scorecards:

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/667641.html
    Coming in with RRR of 7:50, going out with RRR of 9.85 with a statistically good looking 46 ball 40.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/667645.html
    Math tied, well Dhoni had lost the match easily, but he was undone by a brilliant partnership between Ashwin and Jadeja (65 from 46 and 66 from 45).

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/667649.html
    Well the less said the better.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/903593.html
    31 from 30, 1st ODI vs South Africa, single handily loosing the match and wasting a brilliant 150 from Rohit.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/903597.html
    47 from 61, going out making sure the RRR is over 10 and India can't win it.
    Most of those are terrible examples. He came out when wickets were falling easily at the other end. There was no chance of winning, so he might as well try to not get bowled out before 50 overs.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    4,443
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Regardless, it makes no sense for him to continue now, he is proving to be a major liability.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,260
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings

    There are many more where he got out at the end.
    Since 2010, apart from the WC final knock, he has had only 4 finishes excluding minnows. That's some record for the greatest finisher.

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,673
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Since 2010, apart from the WC final knock, he has had only 4 finishes excluding minnows. That's some record for the greatest finisher.
    He has about 12 in matches won while chasing apart from the final. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings

    Also there are many more matches where he scored at the end of the first innings.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    34,443
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    You forgot one match in which India was doing so well until he came out to bat. His slow batting almost cost the match. That should have been criticized heavily, but you know, ironically, he became a hero in the end.
    India needed 90 runs in 16 overs when he walks out to bat with 6 wickets in hand. He scored only 14 runs in his first 36 balls.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwe...ch/518959.html
    That was the worst match.

    Took India to the brink and then hit a six and became hero when Gambo was the real hero.

    With that being said, OP is going over the top with his claims.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,519
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He WAS a match winner, but now he isnt. He should not be in the team, or may be there is no other good wicket keeper in India???


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    17,754
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But he is clutch while ABD is a choker.

    So DHONI over ABD anyday...

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    1,032
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a big Dhoni fan but anyone cherry picking 6-7 matches in a 300 match career to run him down is being dishonest. He's past it now, refuses to accept the reality and hence deserves to be panned but that takes nothing away from his amazing record as a chaser.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    8,504
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Most of those are terrible examples. He came out when wickets were falling easily at the other end. There was no chance of winning, so he might as well try to not get bowled out before 50 overs.
    Actually there are two parts in these: the first three, as I said, India would have probably lost anyway but most modern batsman go for a miracle win rather than a useless fifty like he does.

    The rest of the list is matches that he was one of the main actor of the loss.

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    21,770
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    He WAS a match winner, but now he isnt. He should not be in the team, or may be there is no other good wicket keeper in India???
    KL Rahul is miles above Sarfraz is LO cricket.


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    34,443
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    But he is clutch while ABD is a choker.

    So DHONI over ABD anyday...
    Haha

    ABD is analyzed from 10,000 angles and 20,000 imaginary angles.

    Of course he will be a useless choker.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 19th June 2016 at 00:20.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    34,443
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Actually there are two parts in these: the first three, as I said, India would have probably lost anyway but most modern batsman go for a miracle win rather than a useless fifty like he does.

    The rest of the list is matches that he was one of the main actor of the loss.
    List your top 10 ODI bats if you don't mind.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    37,649
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has won games for India in the past he just on the decline now

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    609
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What about the match against England in T20 2009 WC?

    So often he has left the job for his team-mates and remained not out in the end.

    If 50 runs are required in 30 balls, expect Dhone to remain not out at 20 in 18 balls at end of the match, whether India will lose or win depends upon the rest of the balls faced by other batsmen.

    Has always been a pathetic failure in International T20s, without a single Fifty.


  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    KL Rahul is miles above Sarfraz is LO cricket.
    But he can't play for Pakistan, brother.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Potw.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    62
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but these are far from being the best examples of the point you're trying to put forth. Most of these innings are of him coming in at No.6/7, a position where you have to play the dual role of finishing+preventing a further collapse. It's arguably the toughest position to bat in ODIs because you aren't only facing the total the opposition has set for you, you're moulding your game according to what the top order has set for you as well. Facing an NRR > 7 with not much left to come is easier said than done and no doubt you'd see more failures than successes. It's not as much because of the merit of the batsman as of the predicament of the situation you have with regards to defence and attack. Any of these innings are no way worse than let's say his innings in this ODI:

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/895813.html

    0 (3), coming in at 277-2 (37.3) chasing 348 with Kohli at the other end. Playing a bit of a careless stroke thinking Kohli at the other end and others coming would take them home regardless; what ensued is no secret. I would rather criticise this knock a thousand times more than any of the knocks you mentioned.

  24. #24
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    21,770
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    But he can't play for Pakistan, brother.
    Look at GRs original post. Asked if there is no other good keeper batsman in India


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  25. #25
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    333
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and people think he is the best finisher of alltime. he is nowhere near michael bevan.
    and buffet will put him over sachin and de villiers in odi team

  26. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    609
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rabada even made a clown of him in the first Odi against India.

    So called Greatest Finisher in the World who takes three singles in three balls of the final over and loses the match for the team.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,260
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the required run rate was more than 10, what would Dhoni do? There are two possibilities.

    1.(If there are batsmen around him). Just watch today's match against Zimbabwe. This is the typical way Dhoni plays. He usually just lets other batsmen hit boundaries, take risks and when he realises India is in good position, just FINISH the match by hitting a four or six(that too only in the last over). Typical Dhoni's style of FINISHING the match. It's just that he couldn't do it today after Pandey and Axar took the match so close to winning. It's just one of those off days for him.

    2. (No batsmen around him). Never tries till the last overs. Doesn't even try hitting. Would start hitting only in the last overs when the target was already out of reach and then scores a fifty or remains not out.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    167
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell u he is the most overhyped finishers the world has seen.i can post nearly 7 matches because of him we lost from winnable positions.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    167
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initially in his career he was aggressive and won games in partnership with yuvi and others.but as age is catching up he has lost his slogging big time

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    34,443
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poshika31 View Post
    I can tell u he is the most overhyped finishers the world has seen.i can post nearly 7 matches because of him we lost from winnable positions.
    Post it dude.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    8,001
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hmm.. interesting thread..

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    34,443
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Stallion (one of the most unbiased and knowledgeable posters) did an analysis where he found Bevan to be a much better finisher than Dhoni and said that since Dhoni was a beast in IPL finishing, that aura carried on to ODIs as well.

    I don't agree with Stallion always but his knowledge and understanding of context is unquestionable (he is someone I look upto). I didn't look at his analysis post at that time so I dunno.

    From watching, Bevan looked invincible to me.

    Dhoni not so much though he was damn good.

    In the last 1-2 years, he has been horrible.

    I also remember him screwing up a winnable chase against NZ T20 in 2012 too. Yuvi came back from cancer injury that game and played very well that game.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/565820.html

    Dhgoni walked in when we needed 46 runs to win off 6.3 overs. Almost run a ball.

    What happened next was a comedy galore.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    399
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think fans would mind even if Dhoni gets a first ball duck while trying to score fast runs but what he does is depend upon his partner to do the fast scoring while taking singles and taking the match to last over.

    This obsession with remaining not out is sickening. Either hit out or get out.

  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    333
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mamoon will come soon to defend dhoni and will show how dhoni is superiors to other along with buffet.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    7,086
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sometimes things just doesn't work out.. I remember a match forgot who it was against but Dhoni came out and played likE 30 odd balls and couldn't middle even a single ball and we lost eventually... He has his moments where it doesn't work out but he is still the best finisher India ever had..

    Also when he came into international scene in Pakistan series yuvi got mom in one of the ODI's and Rameez asked him that asking rate was going over 7 didn't you guys panicked? And yuvi said I had msd at the other end I don't care if asking rate goes to 10 he would have won us the game... That's the aura he built during start of his career.. Today's Dhoni is not the same as old Dhoni so there would be some misses where he fails..

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    971
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhoni miles batter than other keeper in the world past or present

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,829
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza78 View Post
    Dhoni miles batter than other keeper in the world past or present
    Gilchrist says hello!

  38. #38
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,829
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Dhoni was very good in first 2, 3 years of his career. After that I always thought he just cashed on the hard work of top order batsman. I think he made a big mistake by not batting in the middle order. His century vs Pakistan in "Aane do series" was one of the best innings I have ever watched.

    Dhoni is still a very good ODI batsman and he should bat at #4 after Kohli. In T20s, he should try the same and if it does not work then he should simply retire from T20s.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    17,554
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Gilchrist says hello!
    Sanga says bye bye!


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should play aggressively right from the word go, like in his early days, and shun his artificial defensive mode. This is the only way out for him, otherwise he will continue to struggle.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    13,144
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greatest finisher is Tendulkar. Period. No ifs and buts.

    I agree with OP hence.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    8,504
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    List your top 10 ODI bats if you don't mind.
    1. Sir Viv
    2. Ricky Ponting
    3. Sachin Tendulkar
    4. BC Lara
    5. ABDV
    6. Inzamam-ul-Haq
    7. Adam Gilchrist
    8. Kevin Pietersen
    9. Saeed Anwar
    10. Micheal Bevan

    PS: Hashim Amla and Virat Kohli and very very good. But they are probably half way forward in their career so for me it's still hard to put them somewhere in here. So far, both will be between 6 to 12...

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    8,584
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    1. Sir Viv
    2. Ricky Ponting
    3. Sachin Tendulkar
    4. BC Lara
    5. ABDV
    6. Inzamam-ul-Haq
    7. Adam Gilchrist
    8. Kevin Pietersen
    9. Saeed Anwar
    10. Micheal Bevan

    PS: Hashim Amla and Virat Kohli and very very good. But they are probably half way forward in their career so for me it's still hard to put them somewhere in here. So far, both will be between 6 to 12...
    Both should replace KP who was a mediocre player in the grand scheme of things.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    8,504
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    That was the worst match.

    Took India to the brink and then hit a six and became hero when Gambo was the real hero.

    With that being said, OP is going over the top with his claims.
    That innings is so so overhyped here by posters, especially Mamoon just to fulfill his anti ABDV agenda.
    That innings was the third best of the final. In every final (apart from 99) there were much better innings, incomparable innings compared to that one.
    An innings that hasn't been played in a final can still be better than one played in the final and even a non world cup innings can be better than this.

    For example, McCullum or Steven Smith semi final efforts are far far better than that Dhoni innings, incomparable.

    Dhoni is as much a poor world cup player as it comes.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    8,504
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Both should replace KP who was a mediocre player in the grand scheme of things.

    KP's one day carrier hasn't done justice to his immense talent but just to clarify the two things I emphasizes most when I select teams or compare players with equal value :
    1. Overall career.
    2. I am playing against a great team, who I will want to be in my team to win me the match.

    So even if KP isn't that good in the my first criteria, he is in the top 5 in the second criteria.

  46. #46
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,673
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    That innings is so so overhyped here by posters, especially Mamoon just to fulfill his anti ABDV agenda.
    That innings was the third best of the final. In every final (apart from 99) there were much better innings, incomparable innings compared to that one.
    An innings that hasn't been played in a final can still be better than one played in the final and even a non world cup innings can be better than this.

    For example, McCullum or Steven Smith semi final efforts are far far better than that Dhoni innings, incomparable.

    Dhoni is as much a poor world cup player as it comes.
    He is talking about a different match. http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwe...ch/518959.html

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    8,504
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    He is talking about a different match. http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwe...ch/518959.html
    Ho ok, my bad.
    Another poor innings from Dhoni that could have lost a won match to India. Was very lucky that McKay bowled a poor last over.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    34,443
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    That innings is so so overhyped here by posters, especially Mamoon just to fulfill his anti ABDV agenda.
    That innings was the third best of the final. In every final (apart from 99) there were much better innings, incomparable innings compared to that one.
    An innings that hasn't been played in a final can still be better than one played in the final and even a non world cup innings can be better than this.

    For example, McCullum or Steven Smith semi final efforts are far far better than that Dhoni innings, incomparable.

    Dhoni is as much a poor world cup player as it comes.
    I wasn't talking about WC 2011 finals. It was a great knock.

    Was talking about the last over sixer match against Aus.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    34,443
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    1. Sir Viv
    2. Ricky Ponting
    3. Sachin Tendulkar
    4. BC Lara
    5. ABDV
    6. Inzamam-ul-Haq
    7. Adam Gilchrist
    8. Kevin Pietersen
    9. Saeed Anwar
    10. Micheal Bevan

    PS: Hashim Amla and Virat Kohli and very very good. But they are probably half way forward in their career so for me it's still hard to put them somewhere in here. So far, both will be between 6 to 12...
    Ok thanks.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    28.6139 N, 77.2090 E
    Runs
    1,020
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lose more matches than win.
    But if you compare him with others he wins more matches than them in difficult circumstances.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,470
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    He WAS a match winner, but now he isnt. He should not be in the team, or may be there is no other good wicket keeper in India???
    That's the point! No wicket keeper with 80% of his skills (wicket-keeping). And if you compromise on that you will get someone like Saha who are not that good in LOI either. And on the other side people like Rahul/Uttappa are too poor in wicket-keeping and it may affect their batting as well (even here Uttappa is tried & tested and was not utilized that much as WK either). The only man who can be some kind of balance between both (WK & Batting) is Dinesh Karthik (But even he is tried and tested and is he is way too Off/On player).

    I think one immediate thing that can be done to correct this is to relieve Dhoni from captaincy. That might take off some pressure and he can concentrate more on his batting. In the meanwhile we should definitely trust and groom someone to take up his job (WK batsman). Probably this is a farewell tour for him (captaincy). And if Shastri becomes the head coach I am sure he will axe his captaincy.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One bad T20, and look at the reaction.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,917
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by santos11 View Post
    I don't think fans would mind even if Dhoni gets a first ball duck while trying to score fast runs but what he does is depend upon his partner to do the fast scoring while taking singles and taking the match to last over.

    This obsession with remaining not out is sickening. Either hit out or get out.
    Really? Is this the reason he goes for a last-ball six every single time?

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,510
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I once read a post here that Kohli was an overrated chaser and finisher.

    Now Dhoni also loses more matches for India than he wins.

    Then who the heck is the best finisher of this era?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    7,594
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    problem with Dhoni now a days is that he is taking the matches to very last over/limit.
    he still can finish the matches, if he target to finish the matches 1-2 overs earlier.
    in yesterday match, he was leaving it for youngsters to finish the match, and took the match to very last delivery. so ofcourse, somewhere you are gonna fail when you keep on delay the charge.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,819
    Mentioned
    7251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sajeebmcj View Post
    mamoon will come soon to defend dhoni and will show how dhoni is superiors to other along with buffet.
    Nothing to defend here.

    He is a match-winner and a great finisher.

    Yes he has failed a few times but he has also excelled many, many times and has won more matches for India than most other players have for their countries, that is why he is an ODI legend.

    That is all.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,819
    Mentioned
    7251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Kohli is overrated and Dhoni is a match-loser.

    I really wonder how India have managed to achieve so much success in ODIs over the last 10 years or so while Pakistan with the rich talent of Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad have plunged to new lows.

    I really do wish we could find someone half of overrated Kohli and match-loser Dhoni in the Pakistan team. It will mean we will become a top 3 team overnight.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,563
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Often considered as finisher and a match winner on PP, I think he looses as many matches as he has helped India win.

    In T20's he was never good, always been one of the most garbage batsman playing.

    In ODI's he was good only for 2-3 years at the start of his career.
    Poor away in SA and Australia, very poor in world cup big matches. Failed in every big match 2007, 2011 and 2015. Playing only one good innings in 2011 at home, vs Sri Lanka.

    So, today we have another example of Dhoni helping his team to loose the match and still going with a not out to make his stats look better. I can remember Dhoni playing such useless, selfish innings sometimes in ODI's:
    vs Pakistan in India, 2nd ODI, staying on the crease and not going for a win
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/589309.html

    vs South Africa, same thing
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/648651.html

    vs Australia, world cup semi final,
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/656493.html
    Again, good looking score for the stats, but match situation tell you that he was not even going for the win.

    Now that were three cases where India were probably going to loose anyway but still as a batsman Dhoni should have at least tried to win it, but he preferred to scored useless fifties.

    Now some cases, where his slow batting costed the match to India, again there are probably many more, but I remember two series, one in New Zeland and the one at home against South Africa:
    some scorecards:

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/667641.html
    Coming in with RRR of 7:50, going out with RRR of 9.85 with a statistically good looking 46 ball 40.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/667645.html
    Math tied, well Dhoni had lost the match easily, but he was undone by a brilliant partnership between Ashwin and Jadeja (65 from 46 and 66 from 45).

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/667649.html
    Well the less said the better.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/903593.html
    31 from 30, 1st ODI vs South Africa, single handily loosing the match and wasting a brilliant 150 from Rohit.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/903597.html
    47 from 61, going out making sure the RRR is over 10 and India can't win it.

    And that just some ODI's I remember because they are pretty recent.

    In T20's he has also achieved such performances a lot of time.

    I consider him as a better match looser than match winner.
    He wins a lot of matches and loses a lot of matches.

    Far preferable is a batsman like Afridi who wins a few matches but loses you none.

    And by lose here I mean a batsman preventing others from winning the game.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,519
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    That's the point! No wicket keeper with 80% of his skills (wicket-keeping). And if you compromise on that you will get someone like Saha who are not that good in LOI either. And on the other side people like Rahul/Uttappa are too poor in wicket-keeping and it may affect their batting as well (even here Uttappa is tried & tested and was not utilized that much as WK either). The only man who can be some kind of balance between both (WK & Batting) is Dinesh Karthik (But even he is tried and tested and is he is way too Off/On player).

    I think one immediate thing that can be done to correct this is to relieve Dhoni from captaincy. That might take off some pressure and he can concentrate more on his batting. In the meanwhile we should definitely trust and groom someone to take up his job (WK batsman). Probably this is a farewell tour for him (captaincy). And if Shastri becomes the head coach I am sure he will axe his captaincy.
    Exactly, i was thinking the same. But i don't understand WHY there is no good WK out there? If i remember correctly at U-19 i saw an Indian WK Sanju Samson, a brilliant batsman and a WK at U-19 level. Later on i heard from my Indian friends here that he is no more a good player and WK.

    But some people say Dhoni won't play under any other captain??


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  60. #60
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    8,504
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptan View Post
    Lose more matches than win.
    But if you compare him with others he wins more matches than them in difficult circumstances.
    Please can you share those matches he has won from difficult situations?

    As I myself said he was very good and he has done this in his 2-3 first years... Then, I can just see an Indian captain being overhyped as the best this and best that, without someone showing me actual scorecards of matches he won that were nearly lost when he came at the crease and he won it for India.
    Surely the best finisher, chaser etc should have some to show in the past 8 years?

  61. #61
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    8,504
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Kohli is overrated and Dhoni is a match-loser.

    I really wonder how India have managed to achieve so much success in ODIs over the last 10 years or so while Pakistan with the rich talent of Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad have plunged to new lows.

    I really do wish we could find someone half of overrated Kohli and match-loser Dhoni in the Pakistan team. It will mean we will become a top 3 team overnight.
    The best South african batsmen over the past 5 years are without a doubt ABDV and Amla , still you call them the most overrated pair of all time.
    The same way Kohli is the best indian batsman and an excellent ODI batsman but is still overrated.

    Hope that gives you an awnser? :p

  62. #62
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,470
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    But some people say Dhoni won't play under any other captain??
    I am not sure if Dhoni has given any such public statement or even in any BCCI meetings. It could be a false theory propagated by media and his fans! For this one reason I want Shastri to become our head coach (I am sure he wants to retain Dhoni as player at the same time wants to axe his captaincy!) There is nothing wrong in retaining him as a player till we find proper replacement. Indian Captains of IPL (Kohli, Rohit, Gambhir) should observe what their wicket keepers (if Indian) are doing and try to give them more responsibility for the betterment of Indian National Side. Also Indian domestic players (including first class) have to see this an opportunity and improve both their basic (W/k or Batting) and subsidiary (Batting or W/k) skills, their only competitor is aging Dhoni! But certainly he has set such high standards!

    When India was finding it so difficult to find some kind of alrounder (including W/k batsman) even half as good as him, he brought such a balance to the team! It is ridiculous that people are now commenting on his place in the side after he set those standards. Probably he will become ATG Wicket-keeper batsman if you run a poll even in PP (surpassing Gilchrist, Sangakkara, etc).

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,819
    Mentioned
    7251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    The best South african batsmen over the past 5 years are without a doubt ABDV and Amla , still you call them the most overrated pair of all time.
    The same way Kohli is the best indian batsman and an excellent ODI batsman but is still overrated.

    Hope that gives you an awnser? :p
    In spite of having de Villiers and Amla, South Africa have not come close to matching India's success in ODIs and T20s in the last 10 years.

    That answers your question on who the bigger match-winners are: Kohli/Dhoni or Amla/de Villiers.

    Under pressure, Amla is the worst player in Limited Overs history and de Villiers hides behind the top-order in ODIs instead of taking responsibility at the top, but still can't match Dhoni's finishing skills, not to mention a total choker in World T20s.

    Hence, considering these facts, it's clear which duo is more overrated and which duo are better match-winners.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,519
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    In spite of having de Villiers and Amla, South Africa have not come close to matching India's success in ODIs and T20s in the last 10 years.

    That answers your question on who the bigger match-winners are: Kohli/Dhoni or Amla/de Villiers.

    Under pressure, Amla is the worst player in Limited Overs history and de Villiers hides behind the top-order in ODIs instead of taking responsibility at the top, but still can't match Dhoni's finishing skills, not to mention a total choker in World T20s.

    Hence, considering these facts, it's clear which duo is more overrated and which duo are better match-winners.
    Then i wonder why India ODI team W/L ratio is lesser than SA?? Or from Success you mean performances at WC only??


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  65. #65
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,359
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketAnalyst View Post
    He wins a lot of matches and loses a lot of matches.

    Far preferable is a batsman like Afridi who wins a few matches but loses you none.

    And by lose here I mean a batsman preventing others from winning the game.
    This guy is a genius .
    IIRC your the same poster who said Afridi is a better T20 batsmen than Virat too ? your understanding of the game is simply ....


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,070
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Stallion (one of the most unbiased and knowledgeable posters) did an analysis where he found Bevan to be a much better finisher than Dhoni and said that since Dhoni was a beast in IPL finishing, that aura carried on to ODIs as well.

    I don't agree with Stallion always but his knowledge and understanding of context is unquestionable (he is someone I look upto). I didn't look at his analysis post at that time so I dunno.

    From watching, Bevan looked invincible to me.

    Dhoni not so much though he was damn good.

    In the last 1-2 years, he has been horrible.

    I also remember him screwing up a winnable chase against NZ T20 in 2012 too. Yuvi came back from cancer injury that game and played very well that game.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/565820.html

    Dhgoni walked in when we needed 46 runs to win off 6.3 overs. Almost run a ball.

    What happened next was a comedy galore.
    Dhoni has gotten that false image associated with him that he's an ATG finisher.

    You do it one or two memorable games and you get the tag. No matter if you're really that good or not.

    Dhoni has benefited from an ATG ODI batting top-order, he has rarely had to rebuild innings, stop collapses and win you matches after 5/6 down with a high required run rate to get.

    In fact, I've seen him often fail whenever the going gets tough and he has to rebuild from a collapse.

    Of course there are some memorable exceptions like in Aane Do, so people get the impression he really is that good. Which is wrong.

    The tag is associated with him because almost ALWAYS the top order made the match, scored bulk of the runs, only for him to be coming down in the last few overs, wickets still in hand and few runs to make with comfortable required RR.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 19th June 2016 at 16:45.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,819
    Mentioned
    7251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Then i wonder why India ODI team W/L ratio is lesser than SA?? Or from Success you mean performances at WC only??
    No one cares about your bilateral record in Limited Overs when you win a World Cup, Champions Trophy and World T20 in 6 years.

    South Africa is king of bilaterals. That is why the likes of Amla have outstanding stats.

    However, the true test of your mettle in Limited Overs is ICC tournaments, not bilaterals.

    India have proved themselves as a team on the big stages and so have Dhoni (World Cup final) and Kohli (World T20s).

    This is where South Africa falls short. Well short.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    34,443
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Dhoni has gotten that false image associated with him that he's an ATG finisher.

    You do it one or two memorable games and you get the tag. No matter if you're really that good or not.

    Dhoni has benefited from an ATG ODI batting top-order, he has rarely had to rebuild innings, stop collapses and win you matches after 5/6 down with a high required run rate to get.

    In fact, I've seen him often fail whenever the going gets tough and he has to rebuild from a collapse.

    Of course there are some memorable exceptions like in Aane Do, so people get the impression he really is that good. Which is wrong.

    The tag is associated with him because almost ALWAYS the top order made the match, scored bulk of the runs, only for him to be coming down in the last few overs, wickets still in hand and few runs to make with comfortable required RR.
    He is an ATG finisher (has had his screw ups no doubt).

    Maybe not as good as Bevan (as per analysis) but that doesn't make him bad.

    He even closed out a final against SL in tri series 2013 (in WI). A game that was well and truly lost.

    A knock of supreme execution and mind boggling analytical ability. I watched it live.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 19th June 2016 at 17:16.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    34,443
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Dhoni being considered as a bat way better than what he actually was...is what I dispute.

    He was nowhere as invincible as he is made out to be.

    Screwed up a lot in tournaments.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 19th June 2016 at 17:24.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    28.6139 N, 77.2090 E
    Runs
    1,020
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Please can you share those matches he has won from difficult situations?

    As I myself said he was very good and he has done this in his 2-3 first years... Then, I can just see an Indian captain being overhyped as the best this and best that, without someone showing me actual scorecards of matches he won that were nearly lost when he came at the crease and he won it for India.
    Surely the best finisher, chaser etc should have some to show in the past 8 years?
    There are many
    Final of tri series when wickets kept on falling from one end and some 15-16 runs were required in last over with only one wicket left.
    That hundred when India was 20/5 against pakistan in 2012. India lost that match but full points goes to Dhoni for that brilliant hundred.
    World cup final match - He played a brilliant inning. Not a difficult chase but still a tricky one. We have seen soo many times that team chasing gets to a good position and then loses once 1-2 wickets fall in quick succession. Dhoni ensured that this doesn't happen.
    Tri-series match against Australia where again India lost some quick wickets at the last and some how Dhoni took the match to the last over and won.
    There was also a tied match between India and SL where 4 was required of the last ball and Dhoni ran 3.

    Yes, Dhoni might fail more often than succeed. Lets take an imaginary example. Dhoni wins 4 out of 10 times in difficult situations. Only 4 out of 10 is not impressive but if you compare it with other batsman in similar situations (2/10 or 3/10) you will find that Dhoni is well ahead of them.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,563
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    This guy is a genius .
    IIRC your the same poster who said Afridi is a better T20 batsmen than Virat too ? your understanding of the game is simply ....
    My understanding of T20 is streets ahead of yours.

    It's a fact that Kohli and Dhoni have 0 understanding of T20.

    The only reason they have good records is because Kohli's skill level is on a different planet and until he started getting old, the same was true of Dhoni.

    Also, your view is tainted by seeing an old man (Afridi must be 40+ in reality) playing for a weak side and coming in needing to chase 12 RPO+ every time (because of top order batsmen who use Dhoni/Kohli logic).

    A guy who scores 30 (14), and 0 (1) is more useful to a team than a guy who scores 50 (40) and then 80 (60).

    T20 is very un-intuitive for a person who started with other formats.

    The main thing you have to understand is that the runs scored by one batsman could very easily be scored by another player. 50 overs in ODI is usually enough or close for a team. 20 overs is not enough. As a consequence, slow runs are just runs taken off the bats of the other expert batsmen.

    Slow runs kill the team in a way that getting out does not.

    Win one game alone, lose the next game alone is MUCH worse than a quick cameo in one game and a first ball duck in the other.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    19,070
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    He is an ATG finisher (has had his screw ups no doubt).

    Maybe not as good as Bevan (as per analysis) but that doesn't make him bad.

    He even closed out a final against SL in tri series 2013 (in WI). A game that was well and truly lost.

    A knock of supreme execution and mind boggling analytical ability. I watched it live.
    If you want, you can include him in the list of ATG finishers, a matter of personal opinion. His creds do put him among the top ones.

    But he's certainly not the best out there. False illusion.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,563
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    He is an ATG finisher (has had his screw ups no doubt).

    Maybe not as good as Bevan (as per analysis) but that doesn't make him bad.

    He even closed out a final against SL in tri series 2013 (in WI). A game that was well and truly lost.

    A knock of supreme execution and mind boggling analytical ability. I watched it live.
    I watched that.

    That was a genuinely magnificent knock.

    The problem is that Dhoni ALWAYS makes it close. That isn't a good thing when the chase is easy to begin with. Regardless of whether it's easy or difficult he takes it to a stage where anything can happen.

    The sheer number of times he's ended up with not enough runs while five or six wickets left proves that his strategy is usually idiotic. Even if you get there with 1 ball or 0 balls left, can one call it good, when you have six wickets in the tank that could have allowed others to finish it faster?

    For very long Dhoni has survived because his execution of idiotic strategies has been so good that it didn't matter. Now he's executing like a mortal and people can see the true merit (lack of) in his approach to limited overs cricket.

    It's difficult to see how India will ever win a limited overs tourney for a while because it's almost humanly impossible for batsmen to be better than the Indian top order guys when it comes to skill levels. If Kohli wasn't enough to win the WC; nothing we do will be unless the strategy changes.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    2,862
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite Shameful the hate MSD gets everywhere even after achieving so much for his country. I stopped visiting Indian forum because that has turned into a Dhoni hating site. Now even here, people going after Dhoni and questioning his credentials as a match winner. Shocking.

    For me MSD is the biggest match winner (in LOIs) as far as Indian cricket is concerned. And in test cricket, Sehwag is our biggest match winner. I dont care what statistics people put up but the impact these people had on Indian cricket is irreplacable.

    But the problem is with players like Sehwag and Dhoni, they are instinct players. Hand eye cordination as they say. So after a certain age players of these type start rapid decline. On the other hand technically correct cricketers like Sachin, Dravid, Sanga, Misbah etc can play for longer because even if their reflexes dies dowm due to age...they have technique to grind it out. Infact MSD himself admitted in press conference that he is not someone like Virat Kohli who can play towards cover and at the same time towards fine leg. His game is manuver the ball for singles and if the ball is on slot hit it for six.

    We all understand MS has declined immensely. And I am sure he will retire soon. But this daily criticism serves no purpose and neither deny the fact he is one of the greatest finishers and match winners we have seen.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  75. #75
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    11,067
    Mentioned
    3133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    Rabada even made a clown of him in the first Odi against India.

    So called Greatest Finisher in the World who takes three singles in three balls of the final over and loses the match for the team.
    So called greatest batsman Scored Zero in his last innings :bradman. what's your point?


    subhan allh walhamdullh w la ailh ailaa allh w allh aakbar
    Loose Cannons CC | PPCL 2020 Season 1 FC CHAMPIONS | #CannonsFire

  76. #76
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    11,067
    Mentioned
    3133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Btw do you guys really questions his finishing ability through T20 matches? he was never good in that format.


    subhan allh walhamdullh w la ailh ailaa allh w allh aakbar
    Loose Cannons CC | PPCL 2020 Season 1 FC CHAMPIONS | #CannonsFire

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    9,212
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has been a phenomenal player for India over the years, but I think it might be the time for him...


    You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,829
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    No one cares about your bilateral record in Limited Overs when you win a World Cup, Champions Trophy and World T20 in 6 years.

    South Africa is king of bilaterals. That is why the likes of Amla have outstanding stats.

    However, the true test of your mettle in Limited Overs is ICC tournaments, not bilaterals.

    India have proved themselves as a team on the big stages and so have Dhoni (World Cup final) and Kohli (World T20s).

    This is where South Africa falls short. Well short.
    Which WT20 has Kohli won?

    Other than one inning, check Dhoni's average in WCs.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,819
    Mentioned
    7251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Which WT20 has Kohli won?

    Other than one inning, check Dhoni's average in WCs.
    He has been brilliant in two World T20s and has performed in knockouts as well.

    Dhoni may have one innings only but a match-winning World Cup final innings holds a lot of value.

    Amla on the other hand has been a total failure in ICC tournaments and de Villiers has an excellent World Cup record, but he has not won his team a single knockout match with his bat.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    37,649
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    1. Sir Viv
    2. Ricky Ponting
    3. Sachin Tendulkar
    4. BC Lara
    5. ABDV
    6. Inzamam-ul-Haq
    7. Adam Gilchrist
    8. Kevin Pietersen
    9. Saeed Anwar
    10. Micheal Bevan

    PS: Hashim Amla and Virat Kohli and very very good. But they are probably half way forward in their career so for me it's still hard to put them somewhere in here. So far, both will be between 6 to 12...
    Hayden ganguly sehwag sanath are all much better players than KP. KP underachieved in Odis.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •