Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is a Spanish school here in London and as soon as the leave vote was announced , somebody sprayed graffiti on the front wall of the school with " now get out of my country"!

Imagine if they have so much hate Europe , what would their views be for ethnic minority communities in the future?

I don't understand how can desis vote out. This will not be good in the long run for desis etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG_Brit View Post
    There is a Spanish school here in London and as soon as the leave vote was announced , somebody sprayed graffiti on the front wall of the school with " now get out of my country"!

Imagine if they have so much hate Europe , what would their views be for ethnic minority communities in the future?

I don't understand how can desis vote out. This will not be good in the long run for desis etc.

Been standing here five minutes. Three different people have shouted "send them home".
    Channel 4 correspondent.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think it will be even worse for the whites. London is basically run on the back of foreign labour, imagine what it would look like if Nigel Farage had been in charge when the decision to join the EU was made.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you have certain desis being part of the EDL and BNP. There are also plenty of UKIP desi Councillors too.

Here is one example

Sam Naz is said to have argued with a stranger and Tesco worker Mohammed Wafta intervened to avoid the situation becoming violent
    The daughter of Pakistani immigrants turned on the trolley collector and allegedly said: 'You aren't even ******* born here, you don't belong here'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4CVQohPWi
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 24th June 2016 at 23:30.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for moving the finance jobs out of London I'm sure the 10bn saved that went to places like Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle etc (all voted remain) will be diverted to the City of London to help safeguard them jobs.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    Well you have certain desis being part of the EDL and BNP. There are also plenty of UKIP desi Councillors too.

Here is one example

Sam Naz is said to have argued with a stranger and Tesco worker Mohammed Wafta intervened to avoid the situation becoming violent
    The daughter of Pakistani immigrants turned on the trolley collector and allegedly said: 'You aren't even ******* born here, you don't belong here'

Good to see the young desis are proudly taking on the identity of the indiginous Brits.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 24th June 2016 at 23:32.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here is one example

I just laugh at stupidity of such people.

Last edited by Abdullah719; 24th June 2016 at 23:32.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here is one example

Reminds me of those "assimilated" German Jews who thought that bashing their eastern (Polish/Ukrainian) co-religionists, who came as a economic migrants/refugees, would have been "appreciated" by the aboriginal Germans... the result ? Both ended up into the same train, direction Auschwitz.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 24th June 2016 at 23:33.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    Reminds me of those "assimilated" German Jews who thought that bashing their eastern (Polish/Ukrainian) co-religionists, who came as a economic migrants/refugees, would have been "appreciated" by the aboriginal Germans... the result ? Both ended up into the same train, direction Auschwitz.
    Is that how the term K*k* came about?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here is one example

Actually even in Canada, children of desi immigrants are probably the ones who are most racist towards desis. Terms like "fresh-off-the-boat" are frequently thrown around..
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 24th June 2016 at 23:33.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I think it will be even worse for the whites. London is basically run on the back of foreign labour, imagine what it would look like if Nigel Farage had been in charge when the decision to join the EU was made.
    Yes but it's the rest of uk that's a worry. I'm from the north and clearly the anti migrant and even anti Islam vote is very strong. UKIP and their bnp partners are winning this one.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BTW chaps Ftse is only down by 2.5% now.

Usd at 1.38, high this week was 1.5, only 8% drop...earlier negative sentiment dying out in the marlets

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid Z View Post
    Yes but it's the rest of uk that's a worry. I'm from the north and clearly the anti migrant and even anti Islam vote is very strong. UKIP and their bnp partners are winning this one.

I'm from the north as well, but I live in a nice area. One of the worst cities in the UK, Sunderland was the first city to vote leave yesterday. It's one of the grimiest, miserable places on God's earth. If that's the lovely old Britain that the Brexit campaign wants to return to then they are in for a painful shock.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel liberated today - gorgeous summers day and a start to a new beginning - to all the Brits - we can work together to put Great back into Great Britain.

Remember my avatar - he is the next PM.......

Had a good day trading Forex.....made over 4K.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    classy.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookiewookie View Post
    Feel liberated today - gorgeous summers day and a start to a new beginning - to all the Brits - we can work together to put Great back into Great Britain.

Remember my avatar - he is the next PM.......

Had a good day trading Forex.....made over 4K.
    this, fantastic day, honestly only time i have felt patriotic in my life

i don't like boris johnson tho he's buffoon like. i have nothing too much against inherited wealth but he is literally social immobility personified

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by majiz View Post
    this, fantastic day, honestly only time i have felt patriotic in my life

i don't like boris johnson tho he's buffoon like. i have nothing too much against inherited wealth but he is literally social immobility personified
    I know what you mean - I have some reservations too however he oozes charisma, is super intelligent, funny & is an extremely likeable guy. Gone are the days when decisions are made by one head honcho.....he is good at building relationships, getting people interested in politics and does not ruffle too many feathers.

He is our English Bill Clinton

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nigel Farage warns today he would fight for a second referendum on Britain in Europe if the remain campaign won by a narrow margin next month.

Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rendum-7985017
    This was last month, wonder what he thinks now. The other side can hardly be called hypocrites if they decided the same.

Btw, petition passed. A second referendum has to be debated in Parliament. Doubt it would happen.
    Last edited by Pakpak; 24th June 2016 at 16:30.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A comment from FT I mirror to and would like to share

Leave is no doomsday (as the ft predicted) and remain has not lost in full. A great democratic nation has decided, so everybody in europe get its act together and reshuffle relations to the mutual benefit in a slightly changed format.

The eu gets a much deserved nudge - in many other counties the populace would vote leave today.

The opportunity is a refocused eu. Totally free movement of people and undercutting of wages by foreign poor is clearly off the table - that is the message. Let each european country decide how much immigration it wants. So, no doomsday, stay calm, accept a democratic decision. Europe is so used to cooperation and trade, the eu is only a part of this common spirit.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Inquilab Zindabad. Proud of UK, for the first time.

Narendra Modi and Imran Khan Zindabad! NOT

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would someone explain to me what just happened?

Rule #1 I’m always right
    Rule #2 If i’m wrong please look at rule #1

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i'm out lol

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean - I have some reservations too however he oozes charisma, is super intelligent, funny & is an extremely likeable guy.

Lol don't be daft. He's a bumbling clown and a self-serving opportunist who not long ago was not only supporting Turkey's entry to the EU but said in 2013 he'd vote to remain in the single market, but U-turned for political ambition. He's sacrificed thousands of jobs so he can get his hands on the top job.

As for his character to be PM, well where to start.

This is a man who was sacked by The Times for making up stories, who described his £250,000 contract with the Telegraph as "chicken feed", who once referred to Africans in his Spectator column as "picaninnies" with "watermelon smiles", who repeated in 2004 in the Spectator the now exposed lie that the Hillsborough victims were "drunkenly fighting" to get into the ground, was described by his own Tory colleague Liam Fox as "too lazy to be PM" and was sacked by Michael Howard after lying to him about an affair.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...er-affair.html

Hardly a man equipped to run the nation's affairs.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm from the north as well, but I live in a nice area. One of the worst cities in the UK, Sunderland was the first city to vote leave yesterday. It's one of the grimiest, miserable places on God's earth. If that's the lovely old Britain that the Brexit campaign wants to return to then they are in for a painful shock.
    The point is how did ukip and bnp manage to pull the wool over everybody's eyes to even get Asians to come out and vote against eu. How did a fringe party suddenly shift the mainstream so much that it is now in centrist territory with all the risks that entails for the break up of Union and pitting communities against themselves. Remember none of this is about public sector investment or job creation. It a race to the bottom and it's only just beginning.

This was not a vote about eu per se. That's almost a peripheral point. It was about being anti immigration. Now ukip will be emboldened to bare their teeth a little bit more and watch them borrow their ideology from pim Fortuyn

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Lol nobody cares about a tiny old country like the UK.

The English think they are more important than they really are..
    That's funny.

Rule #1 I’m always right
    Rule #2 If i’m wrong please look at rule #1

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The point is how did ukip and bnp manage to pull the wool over everybody's eyes to even get Asians to come out and vote against eu. How did a fringe party suddenly shift the mainstream so much that it is now in centrist territory with all the risks that entails for the break up of Union and pitting communities against themselves. Remember none of this is about public sector investment or job creation. It a race to the bottom and it's only just beginning.

This was not a vote about eu per se. That's almost a peripheral point. It was about being anti immigration. Now ukip will be emboldened to bare their teeth a little bit more and watch them borrow their ideology from pim Fortuyn
    Doesnt UKIP become irrelevant after the Brexit- its got the independence and go no further credible agenda. Also if they didnt win more than 2 seats in the General Election 16 months ago- why would they win any more now?

The Eurosceptic part of Tories will fall back to the Tories. Why would folks vote for United Kingdom Independence Party in an out of EU Britain?

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nish_mate View Post
    Doesnt UKIP become irrelevant after the Brexit- its got the independence and go no further credible agenda. Also if they didnt win more than 2 seats in the General Election 16 months ago- why would they win any more now?

The Eurosceptic part of Tories will fall back to the Tories. Why would folks vote for United Kingdom Independence Party in an out of EU Britain?
    The language of ukip is English nationalism. They will take the extremist wing of the tories with them mark my words. This referendum has been precipitated by the controls eu wanted to put on the banking sector. Now the banking sector with ukip and extreme wing of tories can set any agenda they like. UKIP have become central to brexit negotiations. All they have to do for continued support is carry on blaming immigrants for the lack of economic development in the north of England without doing anything to stimulate growth here. Soon the dogma of "Islam being incompatible with liberal democracy" will come out.

Now edl and bnp will start wheeling out other Asians, Indians and Sikh to show they are not rascist but patriotic English whatever that means.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nish_mate View Post

They did win a third of the share of the vote which came into play in this election. One person one vote. And in a soon to be announced general election they will continue to push their agenda.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A much worse outcome for Europe than Britain. The macroeconomic and financial shocks will settle sooner than later. But the political repercussions will reverberate throughout Europe.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shocked :/

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    This was last month, wonder what he thinks now. The other side can hardly be called hypocrites if they decided the same.

Btw, petition passed. A second referendum has to be debated in Parliament. Doubt it would happen.
    >a majority of the population votes in large part due to concerns over national sovereignity and feeling that they have no say
    >I know let's make them vote again and again. Until they vote correctly

The leave vote will just increase

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about blocking immigration, it's about controlled migration. Huge difference between the two.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    It's not about blocking immigration, it's about controlled migration. Huge difference between the two.
    As we all know there are absolutely no immigrants in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    Yup the majority of the Indian and Pakistani community voted to leave because of all the Eastern Europeans migrating into the UK which is absolute rubbish because we were in the same position a few decades ago.

Just because most of us got here first doesn't mean we can put our indian and Pakistani flags down here and block other people from coming here.
    Very well put.

This 'Immigrant calling immigrant black' thing is hilarious and disgusting in equal measure.

At least the Polish immigrants entered the UK legally, something that cannot be said about many of our South Asian brethren.
    Last edited by gani999; 24th June 2016 at 19:22.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup the majority of the Indian and Pakistani community voted to leave because of all the Eastern Europeans migrating into the UK which is absolute rubbish because we were in the same position a few decades ago.

Just because most of us got here first doesn't mean we can put our indian and Pakistani flags down here and block other people from coming here.
    What would you suggest the right workable solution to be?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What gives you the impression that Asians came out to vote for Brexit? Granted you might have the odd spooky cookie type who will want to prove they are more English than the English, but most desis are usually too complacent to even vote.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    >a majority of the population votes in large part due to concerns over national sovereignity and feeling that they have no say

Lol we voted No to the Lisbon Treaty and then were made vote again and it passed. EU needs huge reform otherwise other countries will follow the UK out.

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If there's another referendum it won't be for at least a year. There is two years before any changes can come into effect anyway, so plenty of time for saner voices to be heard. The EU issue has been too focused on scare-mongering over immigration rather than broader issues. You can't put the future of a nation at stake on such silly notions. For all we know, immigration won't even decrease after leaving the EU. A market driven economy can't survive in the global sphere without cheap labour.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Brexit: UK votes to leave EU in historic referendum

I voted Remain.

Thing with Romanians is that they hang out in gangs on every street corner (in my area anyway)....go through rubbish bins & leave a mess...carry old sofas & mattresses in a asda trolley in the middle of the road. Im sure my parents did not behave in this manner.

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already tired of seeing every man and his pet dog on social media acting like they have become geo political finance experts over night!

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You mean like the American's, Australians, Canadians ... just to name a few?
    Just saying ...... (I voted remain)

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    I voted Remain.

Thing with Romanians is that they hang out in gangs on every street corner (in my area anyway)....go through rubbish bins & leave a mess...carry old sofas & mattresses in a asda trolley in the middle of the road. Im sure my parents did not behave in this manner.
    I am still not sure if this is a parody post or a serious one. That's exactly how indiginous whites live in crappy parts of Britain.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I voted Remain.

Do you think they enjoy doing that? Has it not occurred to you that perhaps it's out of necessity and not out of choice?

Your comment reminds one of the Chinese version of "let them eat cake", "An ancient Chinese emperor who, being told that his subjects didn't have enough rice to eat, replied, 'Why don't they eat meat?"

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Name:  Cltcbw9WEAEI0rN.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  120.4 KB

Typical chav like mentality. Was seeing the news. ''I voted no so they could stop the Muslims coming in.''

Then this Asian girl, her video doing rounds, saying her entire family voted 'No' but would like to change her vote now.

Unbelievable.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am still not sure if this is a parody post or a serious one. That's exactly how indiginous whites live in crappy parts of Britain.
    Cpt, what did you vote?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I doubt it.

Many more young people would vote more one hopes and hopefully others will come to their senses after EU flogs the UK during negotiations.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Cpt, what did you vote?
    Remain. Britain can't survive as a small island any more. But if we do break up I don't mind regions being split up and voting according to their own needs. I am in a great position where I could move either north or south if it came to that.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Desis have been here for decades along with Caribbean communities . They are settled & well integrated in many ways . The London mayor is a desi . Only a small minority have issues with these ethnic groups .

Self rule is always the best way in the long term .

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remain. Britain can't survive as a small island any more. But if we do break up I don't mind regions being split up and voting according to their own needs. I am in a great position where I could move either north or south if it came to that.
    Try East , I'm sure someone from India is willing to swap with you as part of a new trade agreement .

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Desis have been here for decades along with Caribbean communities . They are settled & well integrated in many ways . The London mayor is a desi . Only a small minority have issues with these ethnic groups .

Self rule is always the best way in the long term .
    This is what I was talking about:

After this leave vote, it’s worrying to be an ethnic minority Briton

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ority-poles-uk
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 24th June 2016 at 23:49.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Do you think they enjoy doing that? Has it not occurred to you that perhaps it's out of necessity and not out of choice?

Your comment reminds one of the Chinese version of "let them eat cake", "An ancient Chinese emperor who, being told that his subjects didn't have enough rice to eat, replied, 'Why don't they eat meat?"

So it's OK that they leave trails of rubbish? I have nothing against them. All I am saying is that they should respect their surroundings. If life really is not of good quality for them in the UK...are they not better off where they came from?
    Last edited by in_cutter; 24th June 2016 at 23:43.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is what I was talking about:

After this leave vote, it’s worrying to be an ethnic minority Briton

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ority-poles-uk
    It's an opinion as it says .

I've explained why this won't happen .
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 24th June 2016 at 23:50.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    could some brit here explain the economic situation.

Like how did the economy lost billions of pounds in a matter of hours.

Did a great number of stock holders started selling their stocks as soon as they heard this news in panic? Or did this plummet happened without anyone doing anything?

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly i'm not sure but many of us are immigrants or are first/second generation children of immigrants so we shouldn't stop others from coming to country and adopting it as their home when we have been doing the same.

If you've voted leave for any other issue i dont really see any wrong in that but if any ones voted leave becuase they dont like romanians or polish people then thats stupid.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So it's OK that they leave trails of rubbish? I have nothing against them. All I am saying is that they should respect their surroundings. If life really is not of good quality for them in the UK...are they not better off where they came from?
    If they were 'better off where they came from' do you think they would still be here? Unless someone was a mentally challenged individual, no one would choose to rifle through others rubbish bins containing god knows what unless it was out of sheer necessity. To suggest otherwise is sheer crass.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post

Did a great number of stock holders started selling their stocks as soon as they heard this news in panic? Or did this plummet happened without anyone doing anything?
    They lost confidence in UK economy due to the news of brexit, that why they started selling theirs shares and instead invested in US dollars and gold. That is why gold and dollar went up. I know one person who is super rich and he said that he lost 10 % of his wealth just after the announcement Friday morning.

Some people made money aswell, one persons loss is another persons gain.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its only lost on paper ... actually not even on paper, just in databases on data servers.Those dealing in FX or stocks and shares are just gamblers - gambling mainly with the savings of thousands of others and/or their pension pots money. In the case of FX, betting against other FX gamblers by playing poker with/against them.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really blame any one for voting leave because both decisions have their perks. But I hope the Indian and Pakistani community get hit hard by this because the majority of them had terrible intentions when voting to leave.
    I dont get it elaborate pls

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted Remain.

Are you in living in Birmingham by any chance? Sounds very similar to where I live.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Economy does not equal the stock market.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly i'm not sure but many of us are immigrants or are first/second generation children of immigrants so we shouldn't stop others from coming to country and adopting it as their home when we have been doing the same.

If you've voted leave for any other issue i dont really see any wrong in that but if any ones voted leave becuase they dont like romanians or polish people then thats stupid.
    So you don't offer a solution instead an emotional response.

With immigration

Personally don't have an issue with immigration - would like to see it controlled (skills and numbers) for obvious reasons > public services, security

Secondly want there to be a fair immigration policy - not an open door policy for Europeans at the expense of talented immigrants from non-eu.

I've already detailed my reasons for voting Brexit in the thread so won't spell that out again.

For me it's not all logical and not emotional.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What gives you the impression that Asians came out to vote for Brexit? Granted you might have the odd spooky cookie type who will want to prove they are more English than the English, but most desis are usually too complacent to even vote.
    Because I've spoken to loads around the dewsbury and Yorkshire areas. They thought it was a vote to save the nhs and if it went the wrong way then in 4 years time they'll vote the right way.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I voted Remain.

I'm s landlord. Some of my properties are not in affluent areas. I see this phenomenon all the time. It's not unique to immigrant communities.

However, it does go to show that there is a massive and forgotten underclass in uk that just doesn't feel the economic benefits the rest of the country and London enjoys.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Thank you for illustrating my point. It about any kind of migration because that will happen regardless. But it isn't about eu because many people don't know what eu is. Many people don't know that eu law is only member country law passed after unanimous vote of members, eu money for bail outs is to protect uk banks after being over exposed in Greece , bailouts and austerity are unique in each country for not meeting conditions of cutting back the state sector, the social charter hives rights on workers pay and maternity leave etc and the list goes on...

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    You just don't understand the issues. I'm proud that I voted Leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    We live in Australia but are currently in the USA watching the Copa America, and my 14 year old - who will probably attend university in England (one of my classmates was in the Bullingdon Club with George Osborne) - seems to share my views.
    Unless it's a relatively short term move to Australia, say due to work, and not a permanent move which includes taking up Australian citizenship, should you, and other 'permanent' expats, have even been allowed to vote in the referendum since it doesn't affect you one way or the other?

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The issue was not immigration per say, but uncontrolled immigration from Eastern Europe under the free movement of people rule whereby the Poles, Romanians etc. simply turned up hoping to get a job after arriving.

The solution would have been simple:
    Negotiate an opt-out (like the opt-out from the Euro), whereby the UK (being an island state, and thus simple to enforce) could still be part of the 'free movement of people' rule, but with the proviso that to be allowed entry (other than as a tourist or short term visitor), one must have a letter from an employer showing that they already have a permanent job to go to. Problem solved. No need for a Brexit.
    But sadly, that was too complicated for Cameron to even envisage.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Unless it's a relatively short term move to Australia, say due to work, and not a permanent move which includes taking up Australian citizenship, should you, and other 'permanent' expats, have even been allowed to vote in the referendum since it doesn't affect you one way or the other?
    Pretty sure he has said plenty of times in the past years , he is living in Australia.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Votes Remain, funny though a high percentage of Desi's voted exit in my borough,wallies

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity, any reason why Desis voted exit? Unless its one of those things where we decide to go with the hip idea lol.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So you don't offer a solution instead an emotional response.

With immigration

Personally don't have an issue with immigration - would like to see it controlled (skills and numbers) for obvious reasons > public services, security

Secondly want there to be a fair immigration policy - not an open door policy for Europeans at the expense of talented immigrants from non-eu.

I've already detailed my reasons for voting Brexit in the thread so won't spell that out again.

For me it's not all logical and not emotional.

Even Leave leaders are starting to admit that they will have to allow freedom of movement from the EU if they want their trade deals. They will also have to pay into the EU institutions and follow EU regulations without having a say.

That is the ''Norway-style'' deal, that is how countries like Iceland work right now, that is the deal Switzerland negociated.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desi leavers probably voted for whole host of reasons as disparate as non-desi leavers, I don't think you can lump them all together. I made up my mid a few weeks ago, it wasn't an easy decision as there were pros and cons to both arguments and tbh the actual official campaigns on both sides were awful.

Basically the EU and political/intelligentsia elite in UK forced the top 30% of mainly Eastern European countries to compete with the bottom 30% in this country and when the latter people didn't do so well the elite and top 30% in this country instead of assisting them actually ridiculed them.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anti-immigration leavers are in for a rude awakening

Welcome to the EEA:

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by endymion248 View Post
    Anti-immigration leavers are in for a rude awakening

Welcome to the EEA:

what about in terms of absolute numbers?

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even Leave leaders are starting to admit that they will have to allow freedom of movement from the EU if they want their trade deals. They will also have to pay into the EU institutions and follow EU regulations without having a say.

That is the ''Norway-style'' deal, that is how countries like Iceland work right now, that is the deal Switzerland negociated.

easy fix - already put some ideas down here

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...27#post8686627

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    easy fix - already put some ideas down here

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...27#post8686627
    What part of "freedom of movement'' do you not understand? The UK won't be allowed to impose quotas if it wants a trade deal, same as Norway or Switzerland.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As a young individual, those of you who have voted to leave have actually made life tougher for me and my age group. Hearing about us leaving the EU was probably the worst news I've heard this year and is really going to have a toll on our future due to the selfishness of those who are over the age of 60+.

The result has made David Cameron resign, for me who was the best prime minister I've seen in my lifetime. Yes he did have flaws and a lot of views I was against (Syria bombing) but he did stabilise the country and boost the economy. Now due to a bunch of idiots voting for us to leave the EU has literally destroyed the future's of many.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what about in terms of absolute numbers?
    Switzerland had 100 000 migrants from EU.

UK had 150 000 migrants from EU, despite being 5x bigger than Switzerland.

And that's discounting the outflow of brits living in Spain and France.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What part of "freedom of movement'' do you not understand? The UK won't be allowed to impose quotas if it wants a trade deal, same as Norway or Switzerland.
    EU - what EU? the tables have turned - time for them to wake up and smell the coffee (and they are) - we will deal on our terms else, lets go with the WTO tariffs then.

Would love to see the look on the Germans, French, Italians & Spanish..........their markets have taken a significant hit already.

EU would self destruct in the time it takes for you to read this message....

Not sure if you are a brit or not - if you are, my message to you is to stop being a sissy - a majority of our people have spoken and our country has been liberated. I'm tired of the whining nay sayers...

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    As a young individual, those of you who have voted to leave have actually made life tougher for me and my age group. Hearing about us leaving the EU was probably the worst news I've heard this year and is really going to have a toll on our future due to the selfishness of those who are over the age of 60+. .
    i've been hearing this form a lot of young teens over the radio - and am struggling to understand the rationale of this view of theirs - can you enlighten me?

BTW: your comment is not correct - many 60+ year olds have also voted for brexit for the future of their grandkids.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    The result has made David Cameron resign, for me who was the best prime minister I've seen in my lifetime. Yes he did have flaws and a lot of views I was against (Syria bombing) but he did stabilise the country and boost the economy. Now due to a bunch of idiots voting for us to leave the EU has literally destroyed the future's of many.
    correction - a MAJORITY bunch of idiots (according to you).

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    EU - what EU? the tables have turned - time for them to wake up and smell the coffee (and they are) - we will deal on our terms else, lets go with the WTO tariffs then.

Would love to see the look on the Germans, French, Italians & Spanish..........their markets have taken a significant hit already.

EU would self destruct in the time it takes for you to read this message....

Not sure if you are a brit or not - if you are, my message to you is to stop being a sissy - a majority of our people have spoken and our country has been liberated. I'm tired of the whining nay sayers...
    So you want to impose tarifs on imports? Is that the plan now? Combined with the pound being in free-fall, I'm sure everyone will be happy at everything costing 2x more.