Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Lots of people I know voted Leave and none of them fit the above description. Hopefully I don't either. Lol
    James, I apologise if I came across harsh and people like you I respect their decision. I can see problems in the EU and can see why some voted leave.

However to deny there was a big racist element to leave is disingenious. From various media interviews of Sky, BBC, C4 a lot of people voted due to immigration (which now we are being told won't change) or because of 'Muslims'. On my own social media a lot of unfriending went on due to vile racist insults (stinking Muzzies and Somalis going out then! Wahay!).

There have been surveys posted which suggest some Leaver's education was maximum secondary school, even if false, it beggars belief areas with highest EU funding voted Leave.

I can respect people like you who had genuine reasons to leave, but I am sorry, from what I have read good, solid, leave voters like you are in the minority. Feel free to disagree.
    Last edited by Pakpak; 26th June 2016 at 12:35.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1978 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by endymion248 View Post
    I don't want a second referendum, I want the UK out as soon as possible. I wish Cameron had invoked article 50 before resigning.

I was just having a laugh with @Donal Cozzie as he has been really excited for his job prospects in Ireland since Brexit.
    Tongue in cheek my friend.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Doesn't mean the UK or the EU going down the drain makes an iota of difference in their lives. You should look at this thread where people like Junaids never intend to live in the UK yet voted leave in the name of British freedom.
    For what it's worth my parents (I'm not a registered voter but my father is) deliberately abstained from voting precisely because he lives in Australia.

Though he would have cancelled out Junaids votes because he wanted remain to win in order to protect his superannuation.

Perth, Australia had more voters than Perth, Scotland.

But in the end the decision was made by people in the UK.

It's best for all to now accept that and work on removing the UK from the EU while minimising the fallout. The UK is the third biggest market for German exports behind the USA and France so something will be arranged even if it's definitely not what a lot of leave voters pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Country has voted, respect the vote. Time to move on now and roll our sleeves up. Hopefully there will be no buyers remorse from the Leavers in a couple of years when the reality kicks in.

London will be fine and survive, it's the north that has to worry now, hopefully we can generate the funds to make up for the Eu funding about to be switched off.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    For what it's worth my parents (I'm not a registered voter but my father is) deliberately abstained from voting precisely because he lives in Australia.

Though he would have cancelled out Junaids votes because he wanted remain to win in order to protect his superannuation.

It's best for all to now accept that and work on removing the UK from the EU while minimising the fallout. The UK is the third biggest market for German exports behind the USA and France so something will be arranged even if it's definitely not what a lot of leave voters pictured.
    Are you a first generation Aussie?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm personally in favour of the UK leaving as soon as possible so that they can join the EEA and increase the negociating power of Norway/Iceland/Switzerland. However, from the perspective of the UK, nobody will be happy with the EEA because:

- It is worse than being in the EU for the UK.

- They still have to do all the things leavers voted brexit for.

"Uss Din Eid Mubarak Hossi Jiss Din Fer Milan Day"

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gove to back BoJo for Pm. Disaster, we never voted for BoJo as PM. General Elections need to be called for voters never voted for BoJo as leader.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm personally in favour of the UK leaving as soon as possible so that they can join the EEA and increase the negociating power of Norway/Iceland/Switzerland. However, from the perspective of the UK, nobody will be happy with the EEA because:

- It is worse than being in the EU for the UK.

- They still have to do all the things leavers voted brexit for.
    Join Eea and accept Eu directives and laws and still make contribution to Eu but with no voice or ability to challenge.

Classic if that happens. Would love to see Leavers reaction at that.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Are you a first generation Aussie?
    It's weird because my grandfather moved back to the UK for a while.

I'm half first gen.

And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nish_mate View Post
    Gove to back BoJo for Pm. Disaster, we never voted for BoJo as PM. General Elections need to be called for voters never voted for BoJo as leader.
    Will probably be the likely outcome.

And believe me as an Australian I share your sympathy about getting Prime Ministers you didn't vote for. We've had three since Howard.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Actually on second thoughts my father is probably no longer registered to vote in the UK. But he's never voted in any British election since deciding to live in Australia for good because he doesn't believe it would be fair on people who actually live in the UK.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will probably be the likely outcome.

And believe me as an Australian I share your sympathy about getting Prime Ministers you didn't vote for. We've had three since Howard.
    That happens Tories will lose the next election or even worse we would have hung parliament. As a tory cannot bring myself to vote for BoJo

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually on second thoughts my father is probably no longer registered to vote in the UK. But he's never voted in any British election since deciding to live in Australia for good because he doesn't believe it would be fair on people who actually live in the UK.
    Only people who lived in the UK in the past 15 years could vote.

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Multiculturalism is a big failure in Europe and it won't be long before France,Netherlands etc. leave the EU. Such large supranational organisations were never meant to survive I suppose . Their country their rules.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    That happens Tories will lose the next election or even worse we would have hung parliament. As a tory cannot bring myself to vote for BoJo
    He'll probably win. You think anyone is going to vote for Corbyn.

The scary prospect would be a minority Tory government dependent on UKIP seats

Only people who lived in the UK in the past 15 years could vote.
    He can't then but could have voted in a few elections when I was younger.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Also is this the end of the European dream of having somewhat akin to what the United States was originally meant to be?

I remember in college we had a debate where this French chick was adamant that the final destiny of Europe was to have a union of autonomous countries into one super state.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Also is this the end of the European dream of having somewhat akin to what the United States was originally meant to be?

I remember in college we had a debate where this French chick was adamant that the final destiny of Europe was to have a union of autonomous countries into one super state.
    And that's something the UK has always firmly rejected.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

It was formed to stop European colonialists fighting each in world wars

But for all the argument about how flawed and dictator like Brussels are , the main argument for leaving was immigration and autonomy

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1978 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

There's not even the slightest chance in hell of that happening.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for whatever its worth, i think the majority of the discussion on brexit has been about symptoms, and frankly irrelevant pedantry. saw this article today which to my mind at least, describes exactly what is going on and what the real underlying causes are. i think its a superb article.

ive added some excerpts, but the article is far more comprehensive than just those.

https://theintercept.com/2016/06/25/...nts=1#comments

“Part of this spiteful media reaction to Brexit is grounded in a dreary combination of sloth and habit: a sizable portion of the establishment-liberal commentariat in the west has completely lost the ability to engage with any sort of dissent from their orthodoxies, or even to understand those who disagree with them. They are capable of nothing beyond adopting the most smug and self-satisfied posture, then spouting clichés to dismiss their critics as ignorant, benighted bigots. Like the people of the west who bomb Muslim countries and then express confusion that anyone wants to attack them back, the most simple-minded of these establishment media liberals are constantly enraged that the people they endlessly malign as ignorant haters refuse to vest them with the respect and credibility to which they are naturally entitled.”

“Brexit – despite all of the harm it is likely to cause and despite all of the malicious politicians it will empower – could have been a positive development. But that would require that elites (and their media outlets) react to the shock of this repudiation by spending some time reflecting on their own flaws, analyzing what they have done to contribute to such mass outrage and deprivation, in order to engage in course correction. Exactly the same potential opportunity was created by the Iraq debacle, the 2008 financial crisis, the rise of Trumpism and other anti-establishment movements: this is all compelling evidence that things have gone very wrong with those who wield the greatest power, that self-critique in elite circles is more vital than anything.

But, as usual, that’s exactly what they most refuse to do. Instead of acknowledging and addressing the fundamental flaws within themselves, they are devoting their energies to demonizing the victims of their corruption, all in order to de-legitimize those grievances and thus relieve themselves of responsibility to meaningfully address them. That reaction only serves to bolster, if not vindicate, the animating perceptions that these elite institutions are hopelessly self-interested, toxic and destructive and thus cannot be reformed but rather must be destroyed. That, in turn, only ensures that there will be many more Brexits, and Trumps, in our collective future.”

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second EU referendum petition investigated for fraud

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36634407

The House of Commons petitions committee is investigating allegations of fraud in connection with a petition calling for a second EU referendum.
    Its inquiry is focused on the possibility that some names could be fraudulent - 77,000 signatures have already been removed

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Multiculturalism is a big failure in Europe and it won't be long before France,Netherlands etc. leave the EU. Such large supranational organisations were never meant to survive I suppose . Their country their rules.
    Agree - however these lefties will label you a racist.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Join Eea and accept Eu directives and laws and still make contribution to Eu but with no voice or ability to challenge.

Classic if that happens. Would love to see Leavers reaction at that.
    Getting one over the majority voters seems to be worth more to you than negotiating the right deal for the country

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookiewookie View Post
    Getting one over the majority voters seems to be worth more to you than negotiating the right deal for the country
    Both are mutually exclusive, not sure how you came to that conclusion.... Sigh

Plus join EEA is that the best deal leavers are hoping for??? Even more sigh
    Last edited by nish_mate; 26th June 2016 at 17:50.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Because it wasn't the Remain voters who went in blind into this. They made their views clear on what was the 'best deal'. I don't know what cocktails or drugs you people take; your campaigners are on television everywhere admitting there is no plan, back-tracking on everything and their internet warriors are still blaming Remain.

Leavers made this mess, now Leavers should sort this out. There is no 'best deal' now, its a list of poor deals and UK will have to do with the best of the dung presented to it.

Britain made its bed, is United no more, it is Great no more, bigots are now raising their stupid, ugly heads everywhere. It is divided and may end up broken if Scots have their way. Well done Leavers.

My last post on this subject.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are mutually exclusive, not sure how you came to that conclusion.... Sigh
    hint - I read what you posted.

Plus join EEA is that the best deal leavers are hoping for??? Even more sigh
    never said that it was - you really need to brush up on your linguistic skills.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Terrible explosion of racist incidents since the vote. The tragedy is racists feel validated by the vote and think 52% of the country are on their side.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...land-and-wales

People have been reporting incidents of racism believed to be fuelled by the result of the EU referendum, including alleged racist graffiti and cards reading “no more Polish vermin” posted through letterboxes.

Suspected racist graffiti was found on the front entrance of the Polish Social and Cultural Association (POSK) in Hammersmith, west London, early on Sunday morning.

The Metropolitan police confirmed they had been called to the cultural centre on Sunday morning and were pursuing inquiries related to “allegedly racially motivated criminal damage”.

Neither POSK nor the police would confirm the content of the message, which has since been washed off.

The incident comes as Cambridgeshire police are investigating reports of racist laminated cards being distributed in Huntingdon on Friday in the hours after the leave result was announced.

According to reports from the Cambridge News, a number of cards saying “Leave the EU/No more Polish vermin” in both English and Polish were found outside St Peter’s school by teaching assistants and students, including an 11-year-old Polish child, who reported they made him feel “really sad”.

Cards bearing the same message were posted around a number of properties, police confirmed.

Welsh businesswoman and remain campaigner Shazia Awan was told by Warren Faulkner to pack her bags and go home after she expressed disappointment in the leave result. Awan, who was born in the UK, tweeted a reply that in her view the “campaign was vile and racist” and had “ruined [the] country forever”.

Earlier that day, Faulkner had celebrated the referendum result as a “major victory for the right wing, adding: “Oi Muslims pack your bags”.

Many of the reports of incidents seem to show the mistaken belief that EU citizens living in the UK will be forced to leave the country as a result of the referendum result, with instances reported of a Polish woman being told to get off a bus and “get packing”, of a Polish man being told at an airport that he “shouldn’t still be here, that we had voted to be rid of people like him”, of a Polish coffee shop worker being jeered at and told “you’re going home now” and of Polish children at a primary school crying because they were scared of getting deported from Britain.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Because it wasn't the Remain voters who went in blind into this. They made their views clear on what was the 'best deal'. I don't know what cocktails or drugs you people take; your campaigners are on television everywhere admitting there is no plan, back-tracking on everything and their internet warriors are still blaming Remain.

Leavers made this mess, now Leavers should sort this out. There is no 'best deal' now, its a list of poor deals and UK will have to do with the best of the dung presented to it.

Britain made its bed, is United no more, it is Great no more, bigots are now raising their stupid, ugly heads everywhere. It is divided and may end up broken if Scots have their way. Well done Leavers.

There you go again - Accusing the majority voters of being misinformed, in previous posts - uneducated, incompetent, bigots, racists, jaahil insaan.... this Divisive undemocratic attitude is no better than the very far right racists that you pretend not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    I'm glad.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    There you go again - Accusing the majority voters of being misinformed, in previous posts - uneducated, incompetent, bigots, racists, jaahil insaan.... this Divisive undemocratic attitude is no better than the very far right racists that you pretend not to be.

I'm glad.

When the leave campaign centers around immigration and Romas sending child benefit back to Romania a win for the leave campaign has to be called a win for racists
    Let's call a spade a spade

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    When the leave campaign centers around immigration and Romas sending child benefit back to Romania a win for the leave campaign has to be called a win for racists
    Let's call a spade a spade
    i would presume it would have thrilled some racists - however to label the majority voters as being racists, uneducated, incompetent, bigots, racists, druggies, jaahil insaan - etc....is no better than the reaction of the far right racists - hope you can see irony.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are just as many intolerant holier-than-thou liberal fascists who voted Remain as there are extremist right-wing racists who voted Leave.

There will always be a bad egg or two in every box.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    i would presume it would have thrilled some racists - however to label the majority voters as being racists, uneducated, incompetent, bigots, racists, druggies, jaahil insaan - etc....is no better than the reaction of the far right racists - hope you can see irony.
    I'm sure everyone is really glad they've left the 'high priesthood of Brusells'

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    There are just as many intolerant holier-than-thou liberal fascists who voted Remain as there are extremist right-wing racists who voted Leave.

There will always be a bad egg or two in every box.
    Stick man argument at best

David Cameron was probably the biggest advocate for remaining as was sadiq khan and baroness warsi and they come from all different political backgrounds
    The leave party consisted of Nigel farage , Michael gove and Kate hoey

I didn't vote and ye in democracies the majorities win, no one is disputing that , the leave campaign must have had a better campaign but on a total xenophobic point, the leave campaign was a joke as witnessed by sayeedina warsi

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is interesting is that the brexit vote was by far the most democratically equal as compared to a general election - here every vote counted the same unlike in a general election.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Shocking to see this side of Britain! Although as a Muslim, I believe in Maslehat also. Maybe in the future, EU would have banned all Halal meat or put a ban on Hijab etc

UK is a much more tolerant place. I am just hoping that Boris wakes up and puts UKIP away instead of hiding behind the curtains.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hint - I read what you posted.

never said that it was - you really need to brush up on your linguistic skills.
    Will join that class straight after you come out of your comprehension class, read what I replied to than taking potshots my skills, they will do just fine my man

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People have spoken and they no longer want to be part of the EU, a failed Giant scheme designed to transfer wealth from Northern Europe first to south and then to east.

I voted leave on that basis.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have a lot of sympathy with some of the issues raised by the Leave campaign such as immigration and loss of independence but when considered against the problems I expected to occur when we leave , it was a no brainer. As shown since the referendum, people running the leave campaign have no plan and are now living on a wing and prayer.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sterling Falls to its lowest...stock markets for Banking, Property and Airline shares plumetted. RBS and Barclays almost crashed. FTSE lost 85 billion pounds in 2 days.

Thanks to uneducated fools...it brought global recession again.

What were people thinking while voting?
    @Spookiewookie - You still believe Brexit was good idea?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian_Supporter View Post
    Sterling Falls to its lowest...stock markets for Banking, Property and Airline shares plumetted. RBS and Barclays almost crashed. FTSE lost 85 billion pounds in 2 days.

Thanks to uneducated fools...it brought global recession again.

What were people thinking while voting?
    @Spookiewookie - You still believe Brexit was good idea?
    Absolutely - For all the many reasons I have already mentioned repeatedly.

Next few months will no doubt be rocky - this is completely expected as our so called european allies will try & sabotage us. The fact that the two main parties are imploding certainly adds to the uncertainty which doesn't help - but all in all - Brexit is the right thing for Britain's future and for the rest of our european neighbours too.

Rome wasn't built in a day....

Some people are willing to sell democracy & freedom for a chicken biryani - principled others are not for sale - unfortunately for you, people like me are in the majority.
    Last edited by Spookiewookie; 27th June 2016 at 16:10.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the short run Brekit is definitely going to cause job losses.
    UK is in for inflation, as well.
    Lots of pain in the future. Some people are saying months but i am not so sure.
    The treaties will take place, it will be tough but Germany isnt going to loose one of its biggest customers.
    However, the services will take a huge hit.
    UK is the center of world finance and business services. However, itself alone it may not be able to support so you will some part of these industries moving to Germany. I know a few companies that did it last year so you will see a push from the other big firms. Again losses in the short term.

Good news is in half a decade or so everything will be in fine. Lots of pain in the short term. Some people are going to see their wealth and health take a hit as the economy tumbles. UK will have to take a long term view.
    Me I am happily buying now

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of interest what are you buying....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    60+% of the 65+ people voted Leave and had a turnout of 80+%

75+% under 25 people voted Remain but had a turnout of 38%.

Tells all

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60+% of the 65+ people voted Leave and had a turnout of 80+%

75+% under 25 people voted Remain but had a turnout of 38%.

Tells all
    seems like the under 25s were busy watching game of thrones.....

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    seems like the under 25s were busy watching game of thrones.....
    Introduce compulsory voting and maybe e-voting.

People died for the right to vote plus this was the most important referendum in generations and these lazy sods can't be bothered to pay attention.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asking me? Planning to buy Llyods Bank shares as they look really cheap. But will access the market this week before that. Government was suppose to sell Lloyds share and would have been available to public for sale. But due to Brexit they changed their plan as it hit year low price.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Introduce compulsory voting and maybe e-voting.

People died for the right to vote plus this was the most important referendum in generations and these lazy sods can't be bothered to pay attention.
    Compulsory voting? That is pushing it too far

"The hypocrite seeks for faults, the believer seeks for excuses"-Imam al Ghazali (ra)

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by speed View Post
    it's the case in Europe isn't it?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Sure, it works in Australia. They got something like 94% turnout in 2013 elections.

Compulsory voting means that every eligible Australian citizen (18 years or older) is required by law to enrol and vote. If a person does not vote and is unable to provide a "valid and sufficient" reason, a penalty is imposed, i.e. a small fine.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brexit: UK votes to leave EU in historic referendum

Sure, it works in Australia. They got something like 94% turnout in 2013 elections.

Compulsory voting means that every eligible Australian citizen (18 years or older) is required by law to enrol and vote. If a person does not vote and is unable to provide a "valid and sufficient" reason, a penalty is imposed, i.e. a small fine.
    Great idea

Same in many European countries - as is national service - something we should also bring back.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What if you don't want to vote?

"The hypocrite seeks for faults, the believer seeks for excuses"-Imam al Ghazali (ra)

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if you don't want to vote?
    and the valid reason being??

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and the valid reason being??
    Apolitical with the parties.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Englistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that wouldn't qualify as a valid reason in most european countries....

just like national service is compulsory unless someone has a genuine reason - e.g: serious disability.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Then choose None of the Above on the ballot paper

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Then choose None of the Above on the ballot paper
    Is that an option?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is that an option?
    If voting is made mandatory then should be and would be

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Raising debt just got a tad more expensive for the UK

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blue chips and service companies.
    I am taking the long term view. Not planning to retire before 2045
    Will possibly buy some UK index funds sometime later this year.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Survation poll says 7% of Leave voters regret their decision. Extrapolating that to the 17m who voted Out, that's 1.1 million voters.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    European diplomats slapping down Boris's idea that the UK can access the single market but avoid freedom of movement.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do leave voters feel about xenophobes hijacking their newly acquired freedom?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeed View Post
    How do leave voters feel about xenophobes hijacking their newly acquired freedom?
    57% increase in racist hate crimes reported since Brexit. Not all Brexiters are racist of course, but it is undeniable most racists are Brexiters.

The vast majority of UKIP, BNP, EDL and Britain First supporters voted to leave.

Also its incredible how Leavers are silent on the economic meltdown that has happened since Brexit. They accused Remainers of scaremongering but now the reality is dawning on them.

Richard Branson says Virgin has lost a third of their value - and cancelled a deal worth 3,000 jobs post-Brexit.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    57% increase in racist hate crimes reported since Brexit. Not all Brexiters are racist of course, but it is undeniable most racists are Brexiters.

The vast majority of UKIP, BNP, EDL and Britain First supporters voted to leave.

Also its incredible how Leavers are silent on the economic meltdown that has happened since Brexit. They accused Remainers of scaremongering but now the reality is dawning on them.

Richard Branson says Virgin has lost a third of their value - and cancelled a deal worth 3,000 jobs post-Brexit.
    Short term losses were to be expected weren't they?Surely even the Leave ones expected that.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeed View Post
    I don't feel freer. I feel that as @Markhor points out the country has got nastier overnight. Fascism stalks the land.

Britons must turn the love right up, right now.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I don't feel freer. I feel that as @Markhor points out the country has got nastier overnight. Fascism stalks the land.

Agreed, hopefully things will settle down in a few days. Some people should stop adding fuel to the fire.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt that European countries would be any less multicultural had there been no EU.

Britain, France and other former colonial powers first became multicultural because of immigration from their former colonies. The EU came much later.

As for the EU, it will survive and even thrive without Britain. France, Netherlands and the others will most likely vote to stay if there is a referendum, notwithstanding the few right wing nutcases in these places.

Why, even the British are hoping that there will be some sort of free trade agreement between them and the EU. And there most likely will be.
    Last edited by gani999; 28th June 2016 at 11:26.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I pointed this out in the other thread but seeing as this argument is still being raised, I'll repeat it. The towns in the north that voted Leave are probably the least multicultural in England, Hartlepool and Sunderland are close to 100% white, yet they are among the poorest in England. I don't really see how you could blame multiculturalism for their failure.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just discovered, through friends, that many, many desis, including supposedly university educated ones, in the Northern towns like Oldham, Rochdale, Bradford etc voted to Leave - because so many 'immigrant Poles and Romanians' are moving in and taking their jobs, or making them wait longer in the Job Centre queues!

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I feel there is a lot of exaggeration and although every incident is serious for the people involved, we must keep things in perspective. We live in a country which is one of the most tolerant in the world and in which i always have and always will feel comfortable living in. It is for this reason that so many have come and so many more want to come. As stupid as this decision is, the country will survive and whats more, people will still desire to live here.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Standing ovation for Scotland in the European Parliament.

Look at Farage's face

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...chers-11535781

Molotov cocktail thrown at Halal butchers. Worker struck by bottle.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Just discovered, through friends, that many, many desis, including supposedly university educated ones, in the Northern towns like Oldham, Rochdale, Bradford etc voted to Leave - because so many 'immigrant Poles and Romanians' are moving in and taking their jobs, or making them wait longer in the Job Centre queues!
    I am sure that also applies to Southern desi in Towns like slough Aylesbury, Luton etc.
    As for up North most desis I know voted remain and the ones that didn't it was more a case of why should We prop up Poland, Romania, etc when we are the 5th biggest City in England bigger than Manchester yet the Central government doesn't spend a penny here and just recently is taking 1000s of HMRC jobs and moving them to Leeds.

Most desis rely on these migrants for cheap labour and rental income.
    Last edited by mani1; 28th June 2016 at 14:19.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Must be pretty crappy jobs if they can be done better by Poles and Romanians.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Must be pretty crappy jobs if they can be done better by Poles and Romanians.
    The Poles are quite skilled carpenters, builders, plumbers, construction workers etc., and reasonably educated.

Plus, like the first generation of desis in the 1960's and 1970's (and unlike most of the current lot) the Poles are prepared to put in some hard graft and put their backs into it when it comes to manual labour, in order to support their families back home.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Previously closet racists, many of whom only had racist tendencies at a subconscious level, put up a front so as not to be accused of being illiberal or not open minded among those around them. But now they think, wrongly, that there's millions of others just like them and they no longer need to be ashamed of holding such views or express these views openly.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The Poles are quite skilled carpenters, builders, plumbers, construction workers etc., and reasonably educated.
    Nevertheless a born Ennglish person should back his/herself at a job interview against someone who does not speak English so well.

Fact is that the Poles have the work ethic - they turn up on time, don't mouth off or slack off, and don't go off sick if they feel a bit tired or sad - so employers will give them the job instead of the born English.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevertheless a born Ennglish person should back his/herself at a job interview against someone who does not speak English so well.

Fact is that the Poles have the work ethic - they turn up on time, don't mouth off or slack off, and don't go off sick if they feel a bit tired or sad - so employers will give them the job instead of the born English.
    This is exactly the attitude I have referred to earlier in this thread I think. Globalisation and Eastern European immigration has pitted the top 30% from these countries against the bottom 30% in this country and instead of understanding the situation the top 30% in this country belittle and ridicule their compatriots.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    More European countries will follow their lead in the future.

Also, Putin must be glee with joy.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hooliganism has been described as 'the English disease' but you could add laziness, entitlement and arrogance if you really wanted to. It's got nothing to do with race or religion either. Black, white brown or other English born residents of non-indiginous backgrounds tend to display all of these traits as well.