Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon, how is Younis Knock a supporting role Knock to Yousuf in those games? He batted up the order and had to battle up against the conditions and the bowling attack and then get going while Moyo batted down the order and came to bat after Butt and Yoni made up for the early breakthroughs in that MCG game.Again in the England series, those knocks weren't supporting roles just because Yousuf scored 20-30 runs more.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Context? What context? How much context? Stats can and will never be able to truly capture or describe what goes on the field.

Watching the game doesn't equate to knowing what's actually happening on the field.
    And just because you know few technicalities of the game doesn't give you the right to deride other's knowledge of cricket.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 3rd July 2016 at 05:32.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Florida
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The great player like him needs to be 10000 club list and more .
    Good luck Mr. Khan

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim2Good View Post
    just because Mamoon said so ?
    No, that is my opinion + the general consensus.

Ask on PP what the best Test innings in Australia has been by a Pakistani batsman in the last 15 years, almost everyone will pick MoYo's 111 at the MCG.

Not just PP but ask on any cricketing website.

Same goes for MoYo's innings at Leeds and Lord's. They overshadowed Younis Khan's performance in that series.

If you are in the very small minority that thinks that Younis Khan's 87 at the MCG was better than MoYo's 111, well then that is your opinion and I respect that.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    @Mamoon, how is Younis Knock a supporting role Knock to Yousuf in those games? He batted up the order and had to battle up against the conditions and the bowling attack and then get going while Moyo batted down the order and came to bat after Butt and Yoni made up for the early breakthroughs in that MCG game.Again in the England series, those knocks weren't supporting roles just because Yousuf scored 20-30 runs more.
    It is not about him scoring 20-30 more runs, it is about the fact that while Younis' innings were about survival, MoYo put on a show and dominated the opposition.

This is where Younis lags behind batsmen like Moyo and Inzamam. He has never been a dominant player.

Also, this is the reason why MoYo's knocks in Australia and England are more memorable even though Younis has better average in Australia.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Thread toh hit ho gayi.

And this is before the series even started. Wait till YK smashes Broad and Andy (if he doesn't chicken out) all around the park, much to the disgust of a few PAK fans.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Smashing pacers is beyond his capability.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    And just because you know few technicalities of the game doesn't give you the right to deride other's knowledge of cricket.
    Majority of PPers have neither played the game at decent level nor watched enough, but it will be idiotic to talk about it when I discuss something with others. I played cricket at decent level and followed game closely from late 80s/early 90s. Specially after SA started playing.

What's going on the field comment cracked me up. Are you taking those comments seriously, lol. Just ignore.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Younis proving many wrong already, and this is just the practice match!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2021 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    InshAllah he will perform better than this against England main team.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He did well today I will give him credit. But come on bro it's a 2nd eleven attack. Lets wait till he has played the 1st test before getting over excited

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He deserves credit for today but I'm still not optasmistic he will do well in England. Hope he proves me wrong.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He did well today I will give him credit. But come on bro it's a 2nd eleven attack. Lets wait till he has played the 1st test before getting over excited
    Against the same 2nd eleven attack...

Misbah anda.

Hafeez & Azhar flopped.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Against the same 2nd eleven attack...

Misbah anda.

Hafeez & Azhar flopped.

Azhar made sure the ball was softer and easier for Younis don't forget that.

Yes they flopped but not everyone is going to score you know.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Azhar made sure the ball was softer and easier for Younis don't forget that.

Yes they flopped but not everyone is going to score you know.
    Yeah, but why undermine the one who did score?

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but why undermine the one who did score?
    I said he did well bro, I'm not just getting to excited about it. If he had to come in when the ball is new against Broad and Jimmy I wouldn't be confident he could survive.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said he did well bro, I'm not just getting to excited about it. If he had to come in when the ball is new against Broad and Jimmy I wouldn't be confident he could survive.
    Strange for people to get excited over Misbah doing well. More such days to come for Younis detractors. Too good a player to miss out. When has he ever failed in Test cricket?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how many innocent spinners did Younis khan beat up today?

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Strange for people to get excited over Misbah doing well. More such days to come for Younis detractors. Too good a player to miss out. When has he ever failed in Test cricket?

Younis has failed in test matches before don't act like he's perfect. There are some people who just don't like him I don't hate him I just think he has weakness in his batting that haven't been exposed because of playing in the UAE for so long.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis has failed in test matches before don't act like he's perfect. There are some people who just don't like him I don't hate him I just think he has weakness in his batting that haven't been exposed because of playing in the UAE for so long.
    When has he? I can't even remember the last series where Younis Khan failed to contribute to our cause.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully YK will continue this form. Fact is he has got runs in England before (2006) and he's arguably a better player now. I'm confident.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When has he? I can't even remember the last series where Younis Khan failed to contribute to our cause.

South Africa 2013. He struggled for most of it barring the centruy he made which was a good knock.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africa 2013. He struggled for most of it barring the centruy he made which was a good knock.
    You expect him to score a century in every other match (which he usually does btw)? Why not the same filters for Misbah who you are willing to give an entire series to?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You expect him to score a century in every other match (which he usually does btw)? Why not the same filters for Misbah who you are willing to give an entire series to?

No I don't expect him to score a century every match but if he is as good as people make out he shouldbe our top run scorer in this series.

Misbah is the captain he will get the full series weather I want him dropped or not.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Lol no point in discussing ifs and buts.

Fact is, Younis can only score against what's put in front of him and he did that, while others got low scores (bar Asad).

Yes, it remains to be seen how he does in the actual series but this is definitely a good start.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I don't expect him to score a century every match but if he is as good as people make out he shouldbe our top run scorer in this series.

Misbah is the captain he will get the full series weather I want him dropped or not.
    He has been one of the top scorers from either side in most of the series we have played.

There is absolutely no logic in writing off a legend like YK and promoting Misbah/Azhar as better than him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol no point in discussing ifs and buts.

Fact is, Younis can only score against what's put in front of him and he did that, while others got low scores (bar Asad).

Yes, it remains to be seen how he does in the actual series but this is definitely a good start.
    Brilliant start from him tbh.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has been one of the top scorers from either side in most of the series we have played.

There is absolutely no logic in writing off a legend like YK and promoting Misbah/Azhar as better than him.

That is in the past broad and Anderson will find weakness in your techniques so let's hope he is at his best.

I never said Azhar and misbah was better than Younis

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is in the past broad and Anderson will find weakness in your techniques so let's hope he is at his best.

I never said Azhar and misbah was better than Younis
    Re-read some of the posts of Younis' detractors.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Re-read some of the posts of Younis' detractors.

I haven't found many who have said Azhar and misbah are better players than Younis

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't found many who have said Azhar and misbah are better players than Younis
    Then I guess you revisit earlier threads where Azhar, Misbah and Shafiq are being championed while this guy is being knocked down consistently.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    The only thing pathetic I see going on is Misbah playing far past his expiry date despite having been a mediocre player in every format of the game when he steps out of the UAE.

A poor tactician, a poor match winner and a worse captain.

He is now doing nothing but holding back the development of Babar and Haris...
    Nonsense to say he's a poor tactician. He virtually talked Saeed Ajmal through every ball in the crucial penultimate over against South Africa in the 2nd ODI in 2013 that won us win a series in SA for the first time ever.

A poor tactician doesn't lead his domestic teams to numerous tournament victories. His captaining of spinners has generally been excellent as was his captaincy defending low totals in the 2015 WC.

This forum can be infuriating when people with little understanding of the game throw out unsubstianted, blanket statements like that.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Then I guess you revisit earlier threads where Azhar, Misbah and Shafiq are being championed while this guy is being knocked down consistently.

Think people don't like attitude and antics that's why

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think people don't like attitude and antics that's why
    Two completely different things. Performance should never be judged on the basis of attitude. Younis Khan has a pretty bad attitude problem, but I will never doubt his credentials as a Test batsman.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Younis is 1 run away from his 53rd first-class hundred and is closing in on 16,000 first-class runs.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Two completely different things. Performance should never be judged on the basis of attitude. Younis Khan has a pretty bad attitude problem, but I will never doubt his credentials as a Test batsman.

True but it can put some people off.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Nonsense to say he's a poor tactician. He virtually talked Saeed Ajmal through every ball in the crucial penultimate over against South Africa in the 2nd ODI in 2013 that won us win a series in SA for the first time ever.

A poor tactician doesn't lead his domestic teams to numerous tournament victories. His captaining of spinners has generally been excellent as was his captaincy defending low totals in the 2015 WC.

This forum can be infuriating when people with little understanding of the game throw out unsubstianted, blanket statements like that.
    A few games here and there do not make a good tactician.

A good tactician should also have the capability to plan for the future which Misbah severely lacked.

Why did Azhar suddenly become captain after the WC - when he had not even been in the squad for 2 years?

Why did it take so long for Haris to make his ODI debut when our middle order had been ailing for so long with the likes Amin, Asad Shafiq consistenly playing in our ODI starting XI?

Why did Yasir not debut earlier when Ajmal was at his peak instead of playing mediocrity like Abdur Rehman?

Why is Misbah pushing for the selection of Iftikhar Ahmed in our Test XI?

Regarding the WC - the only low total we defended that could be attributed to Misbah's captaincy was the game vs SAF (even then his poor batting was the reason we got to a low total in the first place). We were miserably poor against Zimbabwe and only got bailed out due to Wahab. Quite frankly, we outbatted UAE and Ireland in games where Misbah did next to nothing and were won due to Shehzad, Sarfraz, Haris and Maqsood's contributions. The less said about the India game the better..

Misbah did get it right by playing 4 pacers for most of the WC but his defensive field settings were questionable at best. He should have taken the batting powerplays much earlier in several games including the QF vs Australia. As a batsman, he should have been batting at 3 or 4 throughout the WC and accelerated once settled in rather than hide at number 5.

All in all - our ODI team greatly regressed under him. For those who point out Maqsood, Umer Akmal and Shehzad's loss of form being the reasons - it is the captains responsibility to motivate his players and spend time with them to develop their game.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is not about him scoring 20-30 more runs, it is about the fact that while Younis' innings were about survival, MoYo put on a show and dominated the opposition.

This is where Younis lags behind batsmen like Moyo and Inzamam. He has never been a dominant player.

Also, this is the reason why MoYo's knocks in Australia and England are more memorable even though Younis has better average in Australia.
    since when strike rate of 60 in test matches have become "innings of survival"? and that too when we are talking about 10 years ago

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    No, that is my opinion + the general consensus.

Ask on PP what the best Test innings in Australia has been by a Pakistani batsman in the last 15 years, almost everyone will pick MoYo's 111 at the MCG.

Not just PP but ask on any cricketing website.

Same goes for MoYo's innings at Leeds and Lord's. They overshadowed Younis Khan's performance in that series.

If you are in the very small minority that thinks that Younis Khan's 87 at the MCG was better than MoYo's 111, well then that is your opinion and I respect that.
    I am not arguing about whose innings was better, all I am pointing about YK's healthy contribution from other side as well when MY played those innings which you are trying hard to play down.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    since when strike rate of 60 in test matches have become "innings of survival"? and that too when we are talking about 10 years ago
    Younis didn't dominate the best bowlers like MoYo. I hope you can recall their performances against Warne.

Younis was looking to survive while MoYo took him on.

Barring one or two instances, Younis has not been able to score many runs against pacers.

I'm not interesting in a statistical discussion, but if we talk stats, Younis' average of 30 against pacers overseas tells us a story.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I am not arguing about whose innings was better, all I am pointing about YK's healthy contribution from other side as well when MY played those innings which you are trying hard to play down.
    I'm not playing them down. My point is that in all of these countries, MoYo ended up playing better and more iconic knocks.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Ton coming up soon.

Watch this space.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ton coming up soon.

Watch this space.
    Agree!

32nd Test @Edgabaston!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2021 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is ready to give a shut up silence call to his critics with his ton in 3rd Test.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Inshallah he returns to form. But honestly not too hopeful but I said before on other threads and this one that he would struggle on this tour. Please prove me wrong Younis!!!!

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Will act like a kangaroo again this time around.

Hopefully the Younis chapter ends with this series.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post

Wrong.

Instead, he will own the kangaroos come December.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2021 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

No, he should play Aus series.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YK has scored 9 runs off 35 balls so far. He needs to get on. The new ball will be due in 4 overs. If he fails to score today, then it means he is done as a batsman at the international level.

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The record is in doubt unfortunately

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    No, he should play Aus series.
    I think if he doesn't score a couple of hundreds in this series he will probably retire because he has looked out of his depth in these conditions thus far, I do feel like he got a couple of big knocks left in him and god willing he can go big and score some runs for the benefit of Pakistan in this series

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Stop hating. Younis deserves to score 10000 runs.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Stop hating. Younis deserves to score 10000 runs.
    No he doesn't. We don't have to agree on which players to like and dislike.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Alright guys, he's boutta go big iA.

Watch this space. He will dance his way to a ton which will basically ensure a PAK victory.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younus is averaging Afridi-esque 23 in this series. He is finished. Was never a good player of pace, now reflexes are gone as well. Must retire.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Alright guys, he's boutta go big iA.

Watch this space. He will dance his way to a ton which will basically ensure a PAK victory.
    Was right once again, albeit a Test later.

What a knock. Haters can keep hating but this champ is getting 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Tera Gawaandi View Post
    Younus is averaging Afridi-esque 23 in this series. He is finished. Was never a good player of pace, now reflexes are gone as well. Must retire.

Ok.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    1 more please
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    1 more please
    His real age must be 41 , so in reality he may already have scored more.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    His real age must be 41 , so in reality he may already have scored more.

But for records Official Age counts

Won't be surprisef if He is 5 years elder than his official age

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He is approaching 10 K fast

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    544 to get. Hope he gets it before the Australia series.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    544 to get. Hope he gets it before the Australia series.
    When are the Tests vs WI scheduled? and Younis Khan has a decent chance of getting to the record before AUS with a series to play against NZ to

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    When are the Tests vs WI scheduled? and Younis Khan has a decent chance of getting to the record before AUS with a series to play against NZ to
    I don't know , most probably in October.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I don't know , most probably in October.
    why? what's the point of that, my studies start then

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Well Younis bhai seems to be back.

Let's see how many runs he can muster up in the next 2 Tests, before flying to NZ.

Hopefully he gets around 300-350 against WI so he has a remote chance of reaching 10k in NZ.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Montreal-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    256 RUNS LEFT!!!

Heading in to the MCG Test.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    256 RUNS LEFT!!!

Heading in to the MCG Test.
    It'd be great if he can get to that in front of a packed MCG crowd.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Montreal-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    It'd be great if he can get to that in front of a packed MCG crowd.
    Yeah but it seems unlikely it would still be a great achievement to get it at SCG.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he gets it in this series.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate it when people/players put themselves ahead of country or team. YK is one prime example, should have retired 2 years ago. This 10 K should not have cost Pakistan team match after match.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will go the Chanderpaul way..

Lack of selflessness for record sake coupled with an underwhelming overseas record because of his struggle vs quality pace attack puts him in the same tier as Chanderpaul and a level below Miandad/ Dravid/ Sanga among Asian batsmen.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respect Younis Khan a lot. He has played 204 innings and has scored 9765 runs.

BTW, the fastest to 10,000 Test runs are Sachin and Lara. Amazingly, they both achieved the feat in exactly 195 innings each.

The Best There Is, the Best There Was, the Best There Ever Will Be

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I respect Younis Khan a lot. He has played 204 innings and has scored 9765 runs.

BTW, the fastest to 10,000 Test runs are Sachin and Lara. Amazingly, they both achieved the feat in exactly 195 innings each.
    Oh, Sangakkara as well. He too reached 10,000 runs in exactly 195 Test innings. Ponting achieved it in 196 Test innings.

The Best There Is, the Best There Was, the Best There Ever Will Be

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis is easily one of the best test batsmen of all time. His ability to play spin is second to none........wow.

What a player he really is. A true legend of this beautiful game. ✌️✌️

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    I hate it when people/players put themselves ahead of country or team. YK is one prime example, should have retired 2 years ago. This 10 K should not have cost Pakistan team match after match.

Yeah than not only in our dreams we would have become World Number 1 Test Team for few days.

2 years ago ? Do you know he averages 55 plus in Test Cricket in last two years ?

Ohhhh what a treat that double hundred was ? We would have lost that series isn't it ?

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    235 Runs in 3 innings needed which means 1 innings of 150 plus.

Difficult but not impossible.

Come on Younis

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post

With his recent performance, YK is earning more respect in India and losing in Pakistan, wonder why

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Just to get to 10 K runs if you tarnish your legacy , its not worth it.

Go with your head high.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Can he finally get there today?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PCB will want at least one batsman to be in 10 runs club.

Fear the Creator ..... not the created.