Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 321 to 400 of 453
  1. #321
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,338
    Mentioned
    3690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    http://www.skysports.com/share/10771173

    so Arsene has said he will definitely be managing next season if not at Arsenal then somewhere else. This makes me think he will sign that new contract.
    On the contrary, this tells me that he is definitely leaving this summer. He has never said something like this before, and has often given the impression that Arsenal will be his last job.

    IMO, he has always wanted to retire here and would have done that last summer had we beaten Leicester to the league title. He has probably always wanted to sign off on a high, i.e. by winning the PL and the CL. After the stadium debt was paid-off in 2013 and we got into a position where we could spend 40 million on one player, he backed himself to win the league again and now that he hasn't been able to do so for 4 years and counting, he is starting to crack under pressure.

    In addition, the fans continue to grow impatient with each passing season, including his loyalists who have always defended him. He has a thick skin and tremendous capacity to withstand criticism, but all these 'Wenger Out' banners and chants after every big defeat has clearly started to take its toll. For the first time in years, I have had this feeling that he has finally accepted/realized that he cannot take this team any further.

    However, at the end of the day, he will like to retire on a personal high and prove that he can still win titles even if not at Arsenal. He is too much of a football romantic to be swayed by the Chinese money, but if the likes of Barca (very possible with Enrique leaving this summer), Bayern or PSG etc. move for him this summer, he will be tempted. France is also an option, but I don't think it can happen before 2018.

    Personally, I wouldn't mind to see him go to Barca or Bayern and win the Champions League. I have grown to dislike him over the last few years, but I can't forget the good he has done for this club. Seeing him win the Champions League with Barca/Bayern/PSG would be similar to seeing Henry lift the Champions League with Barca, something which he deserved to do given his status as one of the greatest strikers of all time.

    Wenger is also one of the greatest managers of all time irrespective of the failures in the last few years, and winning the Champions League will cement his legacy. It looks bleak but it can happen. More important concern though is his replacement. No more 'yes man' and coaches with small club mentality.

    Arsenal need a winner who will be ready to compete with Conte, Mourinho, Pep, Klopp, Pochettino etc. within a year. Allegri and Simeone are on top of my wishlist. Both earn half of what Wenger earns at Arsenal, and both need a fresh challenge. If Arsenal offers them the same salary as Wenger along with good enough funds, they will crawl to London. The opportunity to work for a stable club in the most high-profile league in the world with the most high-profile managers in the game is too big for them to turn down.

  2. #322
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    11,784
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon very articulately put. I hope he leaves with some dignity at the end of this season.

  3. #323
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    5,640
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    On the contrary, this tells me that he is definitely leaving this summer. He has never said something like this before, and has often given the impression that Arsenal will be his last job.

    IMO, he has always wanted to retire here and would have done that last summer had we beaten Leicester to the league title. He has probably always wanted to sign off on a high, i.e. by winning the PL and the CL. After the stadium debt was paid-off in 2013 and we got into a position where we could spend 40 million on one player, he backed himself to win the league again and now that he hasn't been able to do so for 4 years and counting, he is starting to crack under pressure.

    In addition, the fans continue to grow impatient with each passing season, including his loyalists who have always defended him. He has a thick skin and tremendous capacity to withstand criticism, but all these 'Wenger Out' banners and chants after every big defeat has clearly started to take its toll. For the first time in years, I have had this feeling that he has finally accepted/realized that he cannot take this team any further.

    However, at the end of the day, he will like to retire on a personal high and prove that he can still win titles even if not at Arsenal. He is too much of a football romantic to be swayed by the Chinese money, but if the likes of Barca (very possible with Enrique leaving this summer), Bayern or PSG etc. move for him this summer, he will be tempted. France is also an option, but I don't think it can happen before 2018.

    Personally, I wouldn't mind to see him go to Barca or Bayern and win the Champions League. I have grown to dislike him over the last few years, but I can't forget the good he has done for this club. Seeing him win the Champions League with Barca/Bayern/PSG would be similar to seeing Henry lift the Champions League with Barca, something which he deserved to do given his status as one of the greatest strikers of all time.

    Wenger is also one of the greatest managers of all time irrespective of the failures in the last few years, and winning the Champions League will cement his legacy. It looks bleak but it can happen. More important concern though is his replacement. No more 'yes man' and coaches with small club mentality.

    Arsenal need a winner who will be ready to compete with Conte, Mourinho, Pep, Klopp, Pochettino etc. within a year. Allegri and Simeone are on top of my wishlist. Both earn half of what Wenger earns at Arsenal, and both need a fresh challenge. If Arsenal offers them the same salary as Wenger along with good enough funds, they will crawl to London. The opportunity to work for a stable club in the most high-profile league in the world with the most high-profile managers in the game is too big for them to turn down.
    Simeone and Allegri will not leave Athletico or Juventus.

    It hurt Arsenal fans to hear it but both of them are bigger clubs than Arsenal right now - it will be a step down for either manager.

    Their biggest challenge right now is to win the UCL - that is the holy grail for both of these clubs. In Athletico's case - a league title would be necessary to prove the 2013/14 title was not a fluke.

    Juventus would also eye the Treble which is perfectly within the realms of possibility for Allegri.

    Both managers have plenty to do at their current clubs for now...

  4. #324
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,338
    Mentioned
    3690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Simeone and Allegri will not leave Athletico or Juventus.

    It hurt Arsenal fans to hear it but both of them are bigger clubs than Arsenal right now - it will be a step down for either manager.

    Their biggest challenge right now is to win the UCL - that is the holy grail for both of these clubs. In Athletico's case - a league title would be necessary to prove the 2013/14 title was not a fluke.

    Juventus would also eye the Treble which is perfectly within the realms of possibility for Allegri.

    Both managers have plenty to do at their current clubs for now...
    It doesn't hurt because Juventus has always been a much bigger club than Arsenal. Atletico has been a much better team over the last 4-5 years, but it is not a bigger club yet.

    However, one cares about whether a club is big or not, it is all about the money and career progression. Simeone and Allegri will walk to London on foot if they are offered the same salary as Wenger. The fact that Pep is coaching City, a team that was a bottom-half team 10 years ago, sums it up.

    Any ambitious manager will jump at the chance of competing with Pep, Mourinho, Conte and Klopp in the same league. Apart from Simeone, Ancelotti and Allegri, these 4 are the most high-profile managers in the world. Getting the better of them is a one way ticket to stardom. Look at how much Conte's profile has risen this season.

    Simply put, taking the reigns at Arsenal now is a golden opportunity for any present manager to raise their profile outside Barca, Madrid, PSG since there is no vacancy at any other big PL club right now.

    Simeone knows that he cannot win the league with Atletico again, and he won't get to manage at Madrid (because of Atletico) and he doesn't fit the Barcelona profile. Staying at Atletico and finishing third year after year does him no good, and stars like Griezmann and Oblak will eventually move on in order to win something. Staying at Atletico does nothing for his career.

    Similarly, Allegri cannot raise his profile by winning the Serie A year after year in a league where Juventus are comfortably the best team. That is precisely the reason why Conte walked out of Juventus. If he is to further his career, he either has to go to Barca, Madrid or Bayern (which is unlikely at the moment), or he has to come to the PL which is enjoying a golden era in terms of having the best managers in the world. Right now, the only vacancy is Arsenal.

    Apart from Pep, Conte, Mourinho, Klopp and Pochettino and Zidane, Arsenal can get any manager in the world provided that they offer him roughly the same salary as Wenger.

  5. #325
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    5,640
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It doesn't hurt because Juventus has always been a much bigger club than Arsenal. Atletico has been a much better team over the last 4-5 years, but it is not a bigger club yet.

    However, one cares about whether a club is big or not, it is all about the money and career progression. Simeone and Allegri will walk to London on foot if they are offered the same salary as Wenger. The fact that Pep is coaching City, a team that was a bottom-half team 10 years ago, sums it up.

    Any ambitious manager will jump at the chance of competing with Pep, Mourinho, Conte and Klopp in the same league. Apart from Simeone, Ancelotti and Allegri, these 4 are the most high-profile managers in the world. Getting the better of them is a one way ticket to stardom. Look at how much Conte's profile has risen this season.

    Simply put, taking the reigns at Arsenal now is a golden opportunity for any present manager to raise their profile outside Barca, Madrid, PSG since there is no vacancy at any other big PL club right now.

    Simeone knows that he cannot win the league with Atletico again, and he won't get to manage at Madrid (because of Atletico) and he doesn't fit the Barcelona profile. Staying at Atletico and finishing third year after year does him no good, and stars like Griezmann and Oblak will eventually move on in order to win something. Staying at Atletico does nothing for his career.

    Similarly, Allegri cannot raise his profile by winning the Serie A year after year in a league where Juventus are comfortably the best team. That is precisely the reason why Conte walked out of Juventus. If he is to further his career, he either has to go to Barca, Madrid or Bayern (which is unlikely at the moment), or he has to come to the PL which is enjoying a golden era in terms of having the best managers in the world. Right now, the only vacancy is Arsenal.

    Apart from Pep, Conte, Mourinho, Klopp and Pochettino and Zidane, Arsenal can get any manager in the world provided that they offer him roughly the same salary as Wenger.
    I do not buy the "competing against the best managers in the world argument". There was a time when Mourinho, Wenger, SAF, Rafa, Redknapp were all in the PL but foreign teams had plenty of good managers too such a Ranieri, Ancelotti, Rjikaard, Deschamps etc.

    I accept salary would be a big factor when luring managers but not sure how much Arsenal will pay for a high profile manager.

    Regarding Atletico - they will win the league again soon. Messi and Ronaldo are not getting any younger and whilst RM, Barca have plenty of star players - Atletico can match them there. They are also very, very close to winning UCL - almost did it last year and are literally just a "lucky moment" from lifting the top prize in Europe. Remains to be seen how patient Simeone will be.

    From what I understood - Conte left Juventus to manage Italy which itself is very lucrative and hard to turn down. Juventus as a perspective form the owners, management, players, coaches etc. still have winning UCL as their primary objective so they have plenty to [prove until they win it. It should be enough motivation for Allegri.

    P.S. although Juventus are historically a bigger club then Arsenal, they were a mess from 2006-2012 and only have turned it around recently. Atletico have risen recently as well above Arsenal. Recent trends and performances matter far more to luring players and managers than historical reputation. Part of the reason why Pep joined City and PSG are able to recruit the most exciting players despite not historically being big clubs.

  6. #326
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,338
    Mentioned
    3690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    I do not buy the "competing against the best managers in the world argument". There was a time when Mourinho, Wenger, SAF, Rafa, Redknapp were all in the PL but foreign teams had plenty of good managers too such a Ranieri, Ancelotti, Rjikaard, Deschamps etc.
    Benitez and Redknapp were never high-profile managers, even Ranieri never reached this level in his career, which is why he didn't get employed at a major club post-Chelsea, apart from Inter in crisis. Having Mourinho, Pep, Klopp and Conte in one league is something that has not happened in any league for a long, long time. The PL at the moment is by far the most attractive destination for any high-profile, ambitious manager, and Arsenal is literally the only available option at the moment, and the likes of Allegri and Simeone know it.

    Ancelotti too is not well-liked at Bayern. It is unlikely, but if he gets sacked this summer, he will not turn down to the opportunity to return to the PL with Arsenal. He is not on the top of my wishlist though, he has never been good enough in leagues. Pretty much a cup manager.
    I accept salary would be a big factor when luring managers but not sure how much Arsenal will pay for a high profile manager.
    That is my only worry, and the only potential stumbling block, but if the Arsenal board have any sense, they would do well to look at Man United and how hiring a low-profile manager can get intimidated by the grandiosity. Arsenal is struggling, but it is still a big club and a massive name. Going cheap for the likes of Eddie Howie, Martinez etc. will probably be disastrous. Wenger needs to be replaced a manager who has a winning mentality and has tasted success at a major club. Someone who won't have a inferiority complex when pitted against the other big names in the league.
    Regarding Atletico - they will win the league again soon. Messi and Ronaldo are not getting any younger and whilst RM, Barca have plenty of star players - Atletico can match them there. They are also very, very close to winning UCL - almost did it last year and are literally just a "lucky moment" from lifting the top prize in Europe. Remains to be seen how patient Simeone will be.
    You can mark this. They will not win the league any time soon. 2014 was a one off, Madrid/Barca have too much financial resources to continue to stay one step ahead of Atletico, who have difficulty signing elite players because they will come to Spain to play for the big two, not the distant third. Don't see them winning the CL any time soon either. Simeone has achieved all that he can with Atletico, he cannot take the team further and staying there will only stagnate his career.
    From what I understood - Conte left Juventus to manage Italy which itself is very lucrative and hard to turn down. Juventus as a perspective form the owners, management, players, coaches etc. still have winning UCL as their primary objective so they have plenty to [prove until they win it. It should be enough motivation for Allegri.
    No high-profile manager in the peak of his career is going to manage an international team on a long-term. Conte to Italy was only a short-term thing, and that is why he didn't hang around till the World Cup. If he wanted to stay at Juventus for the long-term, he would have, but that didn't anything for his career in the long run. His stock is much higher now, since he is bossing the most popular league in the world and getting the better of the best managers in the world. Yes winning the Champions League with Juventus will be tempting for Allegri, but as I said, I don't see him saying no to Arsenal if they offer him high salary.

    P.S. although Juventus are historically a bigger club then Arsenal, they were a mess from 2006-2012 and only have turned it around recently. Atletico have risen recently as well above Arsenal. Recent trends and performances matter far more to luring players and managers than historical reputation. Part of the reason why Pep joined City and PSG are able to recruit the most exciting players despite not historically being big clubs.
    Even though it hasn't won any major title for 12 years, Arsenal is a dream job at the moment, and I can assure you that all managers except Mourinho, Pep, Conte, Klopp, Pochettino and Zidane will have an eye on the Wenger situation.

    Historically big club
    Most popular league in the world
    London
    Massive stadium
    Massive global fan base
    Intense competition
    Great salary
    More than enough funds - yes Arsenal isn't Man City or Man United in terms of funds, but its current squad is more expensive than that of Bayern or Juventus. Since 2013, Wenger has had enough money to carve out a title-winning side, but it is just that he doesn't have it anymore.

    Give him 300 million to spend in a summer and he will still remain empty-handed. Ozil, Sanchez and Xhaka alone have a combined value of almost 100 million, and then you have numerous fringe players who are getting paid high salaries. Arsenal has more than enough money for a competent manager to win major titles.

    Atletico will have a harder time attracting a high-profile replacement for Simeone because beating Barca/Madrid to the league is nearly an impossible task. Similarly, winning the league with the PSG is a thankless job, you have to win the Champions League or you are out. Arsenal is a more attractive option for all the aforementioned reasons. The competition is fierce but it is not a monopoly or a duopoly.

    Juventus will remain a bigger club than Arsenal and it is a massive job, but PL comfortably beats Serie A at the moment when it comes to profile.

  7. #327
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    2,660
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsene Wenger doesn't seem to realise that his time is up. The spanking Bayern gave his boys proves the players are not responding to him anymore so it is better for him to leave respectfully whilst he still can. He seems to think he is an Alex Ferguson, dream on. According to certain sources he wants to be manager of Arsenal for at least another four years.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  8. #328
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,568
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Wenger turns down £30m/year record offer to manage in China, opts to finish the season with Arsenal

    Arsène Wenger has rejected a stunning offer from China to make him the highest-paid manager in the world since revealing he will not retire, whether or not he remains at Arsenal beyond the end of the season.

    An unnamed Chinese club were prepared to pay Wenger £30 million-a-year net, twice the salary of the current best-paid manager, Manchester City’s Pep Guardiola.

    The offer dwarves the two-year extension that Arsenal have offered Wenger, which would pay him about £10m-a-year, but joining the Chinese football revolution is not an attractive proposition for him.

    Wenger has yet to decide whether he will stay at Arsenal next season and club insiders are growing increasingly anxious that he will decide to walk away.

    The manager has insisted he is not ready to retire and will be in management next season, which sparked the enormous offer from the Chinese Super League club.

    But Wenger has rejected the interest while he concentrates on the remainder of the season with Arsenal.

    Even if he leaves the Emirates in the summer, Wenger would most likely snub any renewed offer from China in favour of taking a job in one of Europe’s top leagues.

    Real Madrid, who have tried to appoint him in the past, is thought to be Wenger’s preferred destination away from Arsenal if they decided to make a change.

    Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke remains desperate for Wenger to stay and his two-year contract extension offer includes a 25 per cent increase from £8m-a-year to around £10m-a-year.

    That will infuriate fans who believe Wenger should go after perceived failures in the Premier League title race and the Champions League, but the 67-year-old has already proved that his final decision will not be based on money.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ge-china-opts/


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  9. #329
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,384
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems rumours going around that Allegri will be joining us in the Summer...

    If true then exciting times ahead for us.

  10. #330
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    101,941
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Seems rumours going around that Allegri will be joining us in the Summer...

    If true then exciting times ahead for us.
    i hope so as we need an italian touch and some refinement to how we play and battle in games.

  11. #331
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    13,113
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter how much we cry and scream for a change, it is absolutely inevatable that an absolute breakdown is on the cards once Wenger leaves. Only Wenger can manage to remain to quite an extent consistent (be it top 4 only) with such average players and the odd superstars.

    The only thing I can see keep Arsenal steady once he is gone is a world acclaimed manager who will spend £200M plus in bringing 4-5 world class talents in addition to the current players and removing 2-3 dead woods


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  12. #332
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Allegri would be good replacement for Wenger

  13. #333
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,384
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    i hope so as we need an italian touch and some refinement to how we play and battle in games.
    He's actually my first choice for manager. However, I fear Barcelona will get in ahead of us...

    Let's hope Barca goes for Pochattino.. that would be just perfect 👌

  14. #334
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,384
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    No matter how much we cry and scream for a change, it is absolutely inevatable that an absolute breakdown is on the cards once Wenger leaves. Only Wenger can manage to remain to quite an extent consistent (be it top 4 only) with such average players and the odd superstars.

    The only thing I can see keep Arsenal steady once he is gone is a world acclaimed manager who will spend £200M plus in bringing 4-5 world class talents in addition to the current players and removing 2-3 dead woods
    We'll be in uncharted territory but I think it's time to embrace change.

    If we do drop out of the top four then that may just push to Owners to invest. Either way we can't carry on as we are.

    Each season is like grounds hog day. We win a few, then lose a few.... slowly get knocked out of each competition and end up third or fourth... we have to stop this cycle..

  15. #335
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,159
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    as i have said before this situation is so awful that I actually think only managers are feasible right now.

    1. simeone - I doubt he is in the picture but he did come he would have to tear down the team in order to rebuild based on his philopshy

    2. Allegri - probably the only available manager out there who has the class and the name to keep sanchez from leaving and also being able to keep us in the top.

    If a relatively unproven manager comes in he will be facing ozil and sanchez almost certianly leaving, with at least another 4 players un commited, the situation could be so bad that we will become what united are today in terms of league positions


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  16. #336
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    4,537
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil to miss the Liverpool clash with flu. Not sure Arsenal will be particularly upset about his unavailability considering some of his recent performances in big games.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 3rd March 2017 at 21:58.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  17. #337
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Ozil to miss the Liverpool clash with flu. Not sure Arsenal will be particularly upset about his unavailability considering some of his recent performances in big games.
    Rather Ozil starts than Iwobi, Walcott, or Oxlade Chamberlain.

    Ozil has done well in big games at home, away from home in the big games he has been poor indeed.

  18. #338
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    4,537
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Rather Ozil starts than Iwobi, Walcott, or Oxlade Chamberlain.

    Ozil has done well in big games at home, away from home in the big games he has been poor indeed.
    Alexis has been benched. Wonder why...


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  19. #339
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Alexis has been benched. Wonder why...
    Either to test him for Bayern or because he might be carrying a knock. If it's not these reasons then I'm not sure why he's on the bench, but I doubt it's to do with his contract negotiation.

  20. #340
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good start so far

  21. #341
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok I just jinxed it

  22. #342
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bellerin exposed.

  23. #343
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The more I watch Coquelin the more I realise how average and limited he is. Not Arsenal level at all.

  24. #344
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I genuinely hope Allegri is our next manager. Under him we won't be this easy to play against and you will actually soke tactical set up.

  25. #345
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,523
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    needs to be a draw please!


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  26. #346
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    4,537
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expect Liverpool to win this one. They have a strong recent record against big sides, while Arsenal...


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  27. #347
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Playing a high line against Sadio Mane.

    One Arsene Wenger.

    Sticking with Iwobi who has been rubbish for weeks in place of Perez.

    One Arsene Wenger.

    Removing Oxlade Chamberlain from the central midfield in place of Coquelin who is ball winner and that's it.

    One Arsene Wenger.

  28. #348
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We are told be careful what we wish for when it comes to Wengers future.

    Well I don't wish to be

    Competing for the top 4 every year when we have the resources to compete for the premier league

    Not getting past the champions league final 16 in 7 years

    Sticking with rubbish players like Gibbs,Coquelin, Iwobi, and Jenkinson.

    Sticking with injury prone players year after year

    Not being able to be set up correctly for big away games

    To not spend money because you don't want to take a gamble on any player, only want to sign your specific targets which means you would rather leave us short than sign a player.

    Be careful what you wish for they say. I don't wish for any of these but sticking with Wenger and this is what will happen.

  29. #349
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have all the possession but Liverpool look more like scoring.

  30. #350
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good finish from Welbeck

  31. #351
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally the whistle has been blown. A pathetic performance

  32. #352
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    11,333
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He deserves better.


  33. #353
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,541
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Arsenal Fan TV meltdown in 3...2...1.

  34. #354
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    11,784
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As expected another mediocr away perfomance against a top 6 side . We were awful in the first half and then when Alexis came on we looked sharper scored but couldnt kick on but we did compete at least. Wengers "genius" decision to drop Alexis flopped. Also Coquelin has been thoroughly exposed in the last big games against Chelsea Bayern and now Liverpool he looking like the player we loaned out to Charlton. His poor technique on the ball has been exposed and in a team like Arsenal we need our CMs to be techicians. Ox n Xhaka together looked much better and we looked a lil more solid defensively. Giroud was anonymous as was Iwobi who has become the new Ramsey who Wenger seems to play no matter his form. This result further confirms Wengers malaise and the malaise at the club. He needs to go and we start afresh in the summer.

  35. #355
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    11,784
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Markhor cant blame them same old every season groundhog day for Arsenal fans.

  36. #356
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    101,941
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Another pathetic performance in a big game and the midfield was non existant. cant believe coqulean has had his contract renewed these are they type of players we need to get rid of. Arsenal will continue to go backwards under wenger. Leaving sanchez on bench and starting with giroud was a pathetic decision and clearly backfired!

  37. #357
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,384
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Another pathetic performance in a big game and the midfield was non existant. cant believe coqulean has had his contract renewed these are they type of players we need to get rid of. Arsenal will continue to go backwards under wenger. Leaving sanchez on bench and starting with giroud was a pathetic decision and clearly backfired!
    Runours going around that Sanchez had a training ground bust up with Wenger hence why he was benched..

  38. #358
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,159
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahh what a mess. Arsenal should be doing everything they can to get Allegri in, only a big manager can fix this.

    However i reckon Wenger has already agreed a new deal but is afraid to announce it for obvious reasons


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  39. #359
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,159
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I genuinely hope Allegri is our next manager. Under him we won't be this easy to play against and you will actually soke tactical set up.
    He appears to be the only option. I feel simeone is too brash for the arsenal board, plus he will have to tear up everything.

    Allegri has the track record, the tactical nous plus he is big enough of a manger to not be daunted by the challenge, plus his name will help in bringing in new players as opposed to a Eddie Howe ( whom i like but he needs to manage a side like Everton first )


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  40. #360
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,384
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    He appears to be the only option. I feel simeone is too brash for the arsenal board, plus he will have to tear up everything.

    Allegri has the track record, the tactical nous plus he is big enough of a manger to not be daunted by the challenge, plus his name will help in bringing in new players as opposed to a Eddie Howe ( whom i like but he needs to manage a side like Everton first )
    I really hope Allegri is our next manager..

    We definitely must avoid going down the ManU route of appointing someone like Moyes.

    Go big and go long is the way forward for us..
    Alas the board are only concerned about their dividends so Wenger staying on would not suprise me one bit.

  41. #361
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,159
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    I really hope Allegri is our next manager..

    We definitely must avoid going down the ManU route of appointing someone like Moyes.

    Go big and go long is the way forward for us..
    Alas the board are only concerned about their dividends so Wenger staying on would not suprise me one bit.
    True, Arsenal is a great bussiness, they only care about top 4 and getting out of the champions league group stages due to the financial incentives involed. Those though are under stress like never before

    the top 6 will only get increasingly competitive. Everton are getting richer as well and if Koeman doesnt go to Barca, they will also be competiting for top 4 soon.

    I hope the board realises this before its too late.


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  42. #362
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,698
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sanchez has had a massive falling out with Wenger and apparently it's really bad because the whole team asked for him to be benched. If he doesn't leave in the summer it will be a miracle.

  43. #363
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    4,537
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anti-Wenger protests outside the Emirates prior to tonight's UCL game.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  44. #364
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,568
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Wenger hitting new heights...

    Edit: Now it's 8.

    Edit again: 9
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th March 2017 at 20:23.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  45. #365
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    4,537
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear... Arsenal humiliated at home.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  46. #366
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,568
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wenger


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  47. #367
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,698
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    10-2


  48. #368
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    4,537
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal lose by exactly 4 goals in each leg.
    Some things never change...


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  49. #369
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    4,345
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'What humilitation hahahahaha


    Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

  50. #370
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    4,345
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Allegri would be good replacement for Wenger
    I don't rate Allegri at all. He was manager at Milan as well without doing anything special was sacked. Took ovr a way stronger Juve team compared to the other Italian teams from Conte. Has not really been challenged in Italy as Juve squad is way stronger then the other team. They paid like 90+ million euros for Higuain. None of the other Italian clubs can compete with that.


    They should try Sampaoli (Sevilla manager). He seems to be the real deal.

    Simone is another option, but he will drastically change the way Arsenal plays today.


    Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

  51. #371
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    4,537
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)






    #WengerGems
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 7th March 2017 at 21:13.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  52. #372
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    I don't rate Allegri at all. He was manager at Milan as well without doing anything special was sacked. Took ovr a way stronger Juve team compared to the other Italian teams from Conte. Has not really been challenged in Italy as Juve squad is way stronger then the other team. They paid like 90+ million euros for Higuain. None of the other Italian clubs can compete with that.


    They should try Sampaoli (Sevilla manager). He seems to be the real deal.

    Simone is another option, but he will drastically change the way Arsenal plays today.
    Lol look at how he has done in the champions league with Juventus. Conte struggled in the champions league but Allegri has improved Juventus.

    I don't mind Simone, he would be a good appointment

  53. #373
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    4,345
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Lol look at how he has done in the champions league with Juventus. Conte struggled in the champions league but Allegri has improved Juventus.

    I don't mind Simone, he would be a good appointment
    I said he build on Contes team. Juve bought better and stronger players to do well in CL over the years. He's not won CL has he?


    Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

  54. #374
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    5,640
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post



    Wenger hitting new heights...

    Edit: Now it's 8.

    Edit again: 9
    Have to edit again...

  55. #375
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    5,640
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    I don't rate Allegri at all. He was manager at Milan as well without doing anything special was sacked. Took ovr a way stronger Juve team compared to the other Italian teams from Conte. Has not really been challenged in Italy as Juve squad is way stronger then the other team. They paid like 90+ million euros for Higuain. None of the other Italian clubs can compete with that.


    They should try Sampaoli (Sevilla manager). He seems to be the real deal.

    Simone is another option, but he will drastically change the way Arsenal plays today.
    Allegri won Milan the Serie A title in 2011 - at a time when Inter were completely dominant in the league.

    Milan played very well under him and were competitive in Serie A and were unlucky to lose to Spurs in the R16 back in 2011.

    You have to look how far Milan have fallen since then to judge Allegri. Him and Leonardo did a splendid job for Milan since Ancelloti left them - the Gattuso's, Inzaghi's and Seedorf's have been completely disastrous since then.

  56. #376
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    5,640
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon: how do you feel about Arsenal's season and Wenger right now?

  57. #377
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    2,660
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very few bad days for AW after being well beaten by Liverpool and now hammered again by Bayern. So Liverpool can't sign the best players as they are not a London club and supposedly don't have the money where as Arsenal have both! Again proves that it has very little to do with these things when reality is they are simply not good enough at this level. The Sanchez fallout would have also been on Arsene's mind no matter how much he tried to downplay the incident. I can't understand why he doesn't announce he'll be leaving at the end of the season thereby keep his dignity in tact for surely his time their is coming to an end. The club with most fans it seems want a change but not at the expense of sacking him.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  58. #378
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    I said he build on Contes team. Juve bought better and stronger players to do well in CL over the years. He's not won CL has he?

    Yes and he did better in Europe than Conte.

    He hasn't won the champions league but Wenger hasn't as well. I would rather give allegri a chance than stick with wenger for another season

  59. #379
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,330
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Arsenal Fan TV is on over-drive lol

  60. #380
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    101,941
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Any other manager would have been sacked or would have had dignity to resign if they have been pummeled in europe like arsenal were last night. time for wenger to go. last night was shameful and the last straw!

  61. #381
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    530
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of scoreline arsenal tried hard in first half but a shambolic second half indeed

    nevertheless bayern's star power is too much to deal for most of the teams

    I think the club is in great shape,the team is contending for the top 4 and blowing out of the UCL every year

    But feel for their fans only they still pay the highest ticket prices, and keep getting the same thing every season

  62. #382
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    11,784
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wenger is finished needs to go at the end of the season. A pathetic decrepit performance no bottle no guts no desire after that sending off.

  63. #383
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol what's the point of qualifying for the Champions League when these are the performances we give?

  64. #384
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    4,537
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Ouch!


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  65. #385
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,009
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Any other manager would have been sacked or would have had dignity to resign if they have been pummeled in europe like arsenal were last night. time for wenger to go. last night was shameful and the last straw!
    Remind you of somebody?



    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  66. #386
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    101,941
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post


    Ouch!
    I really hope PSG do take wenger as manager at end of the season!

  67. #387
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,541
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    This is what the FA Cup is all about. Plucky underdogs having a great day out, defying the odds and what they lack in talent they make up for with guts and spirit.

    Well done Arsenal, well done !

  68. #388
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,568
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    This is what the FA Cup is all about. Plucky underdogs having a great day out, defying the odds and what they lack in talent they make up for with guts and spirit.

    Well done Arsenal, well done !
    What a stunning show by Wenger's men, brilliantly defied the odds today.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  69. #389
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,698
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good job guys, you upset Lincoln

  70. #390
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    2,620
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who follow Arsenal fan tv, this was one of the comments on Ty's video.

    "Wenger would set fire Ty's house and TY would thank him for the warmth"


    "Sarfraz is like oxygen for this team" - Misbah-ul-Haq

  71. #391
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,698
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    For those who follow Arsenal fan tv, this was one of the comments on Ty's video.

    "Wenger would set fire Ty's house and TY would thank him for the warmth"
    "TY is the kind of guy who would say that the 5-0 win against Lincoln was better than Bayern's 5-1 win against Arsenal because Arsenal kept a clean sheet..."

  72. #392
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    2,620
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WC-Passion View Post
    "TY is the kind of guy who would say that the 5-0 win against Lincoln was better than Bayern's 5-1 win against Arsenal because Arsenal kept a clean sheet..."
    Bayern Munich 17-1 Arsenal

    Ty, "crucial away goal."


    "Sarfraz is like oxygen for this team" - Misbah-ul-Haq

  73. #393
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,883
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    Bayern Munich 17-1 Arsenal

    Ty, "crucial away goal."
    I saw one like this,
    1 Arsenal -5 Bayern

    Arsenal 5-0 Lincoln

    Who's better now?

  74. #394
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    2,620
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I saw one like this,
    1 Arsenal -5 Bayern

    Arsenal 5-0 Lincoln

    Who's better now?
    Ty is more deluded than those Pakistani fans who think Umar Akmal can become a world class player.


    "Sarfraz is like oxygen for this team" - Misbah-ul-Haq

  75. #395
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    4,537
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal confirm Bayern Munich rematch in Shanghai friendly

    http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/cha...y?ICID=HP_HN_4
    Arsenal seeking another thrashing?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  76. #396
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,698
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Arsenal confirm Bayern Munich rematch in Shanghai friendly

    http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/cha...y?ICID=HP_HN_4
    Arsenal seeking another thrashing?
    Yaya Sanogo to score a hat-trick.

  77. #397
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    4,537
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WC-Passion View Post
    Yaya Sanogo to score a hat-trick.
    Has a better chance of scoring a hat-trick of own-goals.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  78. #398
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,698
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Has a better chance of scoring a hat-trick of own-goals.
    Nope, he'll make the other team score the own-goals with his attacking prowess, he's just that good.

  79. #399
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    4,537
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WC-Passion View Post
    Nope, he'll make the other team score the own-goals with his attacking prowess, he's just that good.
    Should've played against Bayern in the UCL. Things might've been different then, but alas, Arsenal 10-2 underestimate his ability.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  80. #400
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,568
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What's going on here?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •