Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jaahid Ali - Potential Test opener

Looks like Jaahid Ali is a good prospect as an opener for Tests. With the types of openers we currently have for tests (Hafeez, Shan, Sami, Ahmed Shehzad, Khurram Manzoor), I think Jaahid Ali will be an upgrade over all of them. Inzi bhai should select Jaahid Ali in the next test series squad as an opener. And Misbah should give Jaahid Ali debut n the next test series.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jaahid Ali should be included in the next test series squad as an opener

Who..? So Sami Aslam should be ignored? Never heard of this guy.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you seen him bat or just because he has a fifty in today's A game?

Frank Skinner: Pakistan looked better than this when they were trying to lose.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah and younis should rest in the next test series against west indies by the way. We should try out Babar azam, sami aslam and hasan ali in the test series against west indies

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Who..? So Sami Aslam should be ignored? Never heard of this guy.
    I was not happy with Sami Aslam selection in test squad. Feel test is not his cup of tea.

Jaahid Ali is having very good tour of England with Pakistan A. Looks like his game is tailor made for tests.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Too Early.

Needs one more Fruitful Fc season like last one.

But He isn't an imposing opener. Too Slow.

We.need a Hafeez like opener without the weaknesses he has

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Too Early.

Do you know whats happening with imam ul haq? He seemed a pretty good opener in the under 19 2014 WT20.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too Early.

That's the dream talent bhai. But Jaahid can still do a good job. I don't have a problem with investing in him.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoro View Post
    Do you know whats happening with imam ul haq? He seemed a pretty good opener in the under 19 2014 WT20.
    Imam had a A+ tour of Afghanistan with HBL.

He has improved alot in last 8 months or so.

A good Fc season will get him into Pakistan A squad soon.

I rate him higher than Sami Aslam.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    That's the dream talent bhai. But Jaahid can still do a good job. I don't have a problem with investing in him.
    I would want Imam, Ahsan & Saif to flourish next season and be amongst Top 10 run getters and than pick one or two of them in 2017.

I hope Hafeez & Shan score in this Test Series. God forbid if they don't than i will want to invest 2-3 years in Naeemuddin just like SA picked Stephen Cook recently and the way Australia used Chris Rogers for 3-4 years.

Naeemuddin is very good on Cut, Pull & Hook and plays shots all round the ground against Pace. He can be an excellent pick for tests in Australia.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would want Imam, Ahsan & Saif to flourish next season and be amongst Top 10 run getters and than pick one or two of them in 2017.

I hope Hafeez & Shan score in this Test Series. God forbid if they don't than i will want to invest 2-3 years in Naeemuddin just like SA picked Stephen Cook recently and the way Australia used Chris Rogers for 3-4 years.

Naeemuddin is very good on Cut, Pull & Hook and plays shots all round the ground against Pace. He can be an excellent pick for tests in Australia.

Yes you have mentioned him quite a lot. If there is no young opener we may need to look at a short term option till the names above develop.

Upcoming 1st class season will be interesting. Opening slot in batting and new ball partner for Amir up for grabs. Lets see who claims these slots.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Check out Jahid Ali's record vs departmental bowling attacks in the recent QEA Trophy - its very impressive for such a young opener.

He's done a good job of blunting the new ball on this A tour in the FC matches, and upping the ante once he gets set.

However he's way too young for internationals yet. He needs another two domestic seasons at least.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too Early.

I agree but beggars are not the choosers. I ve seen Naeemuddin, Ahsan. They are not technically sound enough to face the likes of Broad, Anderson or the Aussie bowlers in their backyard. I saw Jaahid bat recently. He has a much better technique

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ischemia View Post
    I agree but beggars are not the choosers. I ve seen Naeemuddin, Ahsan. They are not technically sound enough to face the likes of Broad, Anderson or the Aussie bowlers in their backyard. I saw Jaahid bat recently. He has a much better technique
    Does his technique resemble any international batsman?

He needs to score a little faster, just checked the scorecard of his FC hs and in the same innings that he got 150 off 400 balls Faisal Iqbal scored 170+ off 220 balls.

In test cricket pakistan can't afford to have Azhar Ali And Jahid Ali batting at the same time.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Go to SNGPL Facebook page.

The analyst of SNGPL has given tribute to Naeemuddin in form of a video for achieving 5000 Fc runs, watch that video compilation and than judge.

No Fc player has scored more Fc runs than Naeemuddin in last 3 seasons where he has averaged 52.

No Fc opener has scored more Fc hundreds than Naeemuddin in last 3 seasons where he has scored 10-12 fc hundreds.

Pakistan Fc wickets are most difficult for openers especially wrt early morning starts in winter on seaming friendly wickets and grace ball yet Naeemuddin is the only Opener who has flourished significantly in last 3 seasons where 80 % of times he has opened while 20 % of times he has batted at 3 and 4 when SNGPL had to accomodate Azhar, Hafeez & Toufeeq in the playing eleven.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If Inzi wasn't the CS, Imam would have been on this tour and he probably would have been the one everybody would have been talking about.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to SNGPL Facebook page.

The analyst of SNGPL has given tribute to Naeemuddin in form of a video for achieving 5000 Fc runs, watch that video compilation and than judge.

No Fc player has scored more Fc runs than Naeemuddin in last 3 seasons where he has averaged 52.

No Fc opener has scored more Fc hundreds than Naeemuddin in last 3 seasons where he has scored 10-12 fc hundreds.

Pakistan Fc wickets are most difficult for openers especially wrt early morning starts in winter on seaming friendly wickets and grace ball yet Naeemuddin is the only Opener who has flourished significantly in last 3 seasons where 80 % of times he has opened while 20 % of times he has batted at 3 and 4 when SNGPL had to accomodate Azhar, Hafeez & Toufeeq in the playing eleven.

Stats are not everything. Naeem may be the best bat and sadaf the best bowl but they are ordinary imo.
    But i agree there may be exceptions. Technically inefficient cricketers may make it big at times like S Waugh or Shiv chanders. So alot of things count

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Does his technique resemble any international batsman?

He needs to score a little faster, just checked the scorecard of his FC hs and in the same innings that he got 150 off 400 balls Faisal Iqbal scored 170+ off 220 balls.

In test cricket pakistan can't afford to have Azhar Ali And Jahid Ali batting at the same time.
    Top Openers in last Fc season.

Focus on Average, Strike Rate and number of Hundreds.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just answer one question for me? If this is jaahid's record compared to other openers in fc why did inzi select him ahead of the rest and why is he consistently scoring runs in the A tour?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Read post number 18

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Nope, too early. You have Sami Aslam in the squad who is waiting for his shot, and he is the most deserving one among all players.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jaahid should first perform in one more domestic season like talent bhai said.

Sami Aslam and Imam should be the next in line.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Nope, too early. You have Sami Aslam in the squad who is waiting for his shot, and he is the most deserving one among all players.
    But he is a rubbish player with a poor technique

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Jaahid should first perform in one more domestic season like talent bhai said.

Sami Aslam and Imam should be the next in line.
    And how many seasons has imam played I fc

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why not this one. He has been in England for more than a month and can easily play next 2 tests

Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And how many seasons has imam played I fc
    I am only saying it because I have personally seen Imam bat many times.I haven"t seen Jaahid bat so I want to know whether this season was not a fluke.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From the looks of it he seems to be a grinder with a goodish technique , won't mind him over Shaan Masood but Sami deserve a go ahead.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    told you guys; good find by Inzi

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good selection by inzi he won't be selected yet anyway.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Inzi has an eye for talent; no other selector would have selected Jaahid

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Inzi has an eye for talent; no other selector would have selected Jaahid
    But mixed selections by Inzi. Just cannot digest the selection of Iftikhar at all

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But mixed selections by Inzi. Just cannot digest the selection of Iftikhar at all
    No one could digest the selection of Jahid Ali before he performed. Maybe Iftikar has something special for us.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 Eye using Tapatalk

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    atleast nobody had seen him but everybody had seen Iftikhar.
    Rubbish player

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Well it is indeed a remarkable turn around by him.

After his first 5 Fc matches ie 10 innings Jaahid averaged 17.2 in Fc cricket with only 1 fifty to his name.

Similarly in his first 8 List A games Jaahid Averaged 25 with the Bat with a SR of only 60.

Than came Inter District Cricket tournament which is 2 steps lower than Fc cricket. Jaahid played 6 matches and scored 495 runs at an average of 61 but only 1 hundred and in terms of Average he was at number 113 in the list way tooooooooo low.

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Ev...y_Average.html

While Faisal Mubashir was the top scorer with 417 more runs than him and 5 more centuries than him

Than came 2015-2016 Fc season where his Average was lower than Naeemuddin and Taufeeq but he scored most number of runs as an Opener and lifted his Fc average from 17.2 to 31.3 in space of 1 Fc season.

Following were the stats of Top Openers last Season.

Jaahid Ali : 10 matches 675 runs at 39 with 1 hundred and 5 fifties.

Taufeeq : 9 matches 545 runs at 45 with 1 hundred 3 fifties

Naeemuddin : 9 matches 530 runs at 42 with 2 hundreds 1 fifty

Imran Butt : 8 matches 421 runs at 32 with 1 hundred 3 fifties

Inzamam picked him because of 675 runs last season at 39.70 just like he picked Saud Shakeel because of Averaged 49+ in his first Fc season.

From there On he has picked up his performances further. He has taken decent starts in all the games for Pakistan A in England which is toughest place to Bat and has scored his top List A scores of 77 and 103 lifting his List A average from 25 to 38.4 and his SR from 60 to 73.

@Markhor @mz123

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Misbah's behind Iftikhar's selection.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it is indeed a remarkable turn around by him.

After his first 5 Fc matches ie 10 innings Jaahid averaged 17.2 in Fc cricket with only 1 fifty to his name.

Similarly in his first 8 List A games Jaahid Averaged 25 with the Bat with a SR of only 60.

Than came Inter District Cricket tournament which is 2 steps lower than Fc cricket. Jaahid played 6 matches and scored 495 runs at an average of 61 but only 1 hundred and in terms of Average he was at number 113 in the list way tooooooooo low.

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Ev...y_Average.html

While Faisal Mubashir was the top scorer with 417 more runs than him and 5 more centuries than him

Than came 2015-2016 Fc season where his Average was lower than Naeemuddin and Taufeeq but he scored most number of runs as an Opener and lifted his Fc average from 17.2 to 31.3 in space of 1 Fc season.

Following were the stats of Top Openers last Season.

Jaahid Ali : 10 matches 675 runs at 39 with 1 hundred and 5 fifties.

Taufeeq : 9 matches 545 runs at 45 with 1 hundred 3 fifties

Naeemuddin : 9 matches 530 runs at 42 with 2 hundreds 1 fifty

Imran Butt : 8 matches 421 runs at 32 with 1 hundred 3 fifties

Inzamam picked him because of 675 runs last season at 39.70 just like he picked Saud Shakeel because of Averaged 49+ in his first Fc season.

From there On he has picked up his performances further. He has taken decent starts in all the games for Pakistan A in England which is toughest place to Bat and has scored his top List A scores of 77 and 103 lifting his List A average from 25 to 38.4 and his SR from 60 to 73.

@Markhor @mz123

Considering the way Inzi has been working he must have had a good look at Jaahid in the nets or in the practice games. Everyone criticized Inzi but he was very sure about this.

Kuddos to Inzi for selecting based on his intuitions instead of scorecard selection ala Haroon Rashid/Mohsin Khan/Iqbal Qasim.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Considering the way Inzi has been working he must have had a good look at Jaahid in the nets or in the practice games. Everyone criticized Inzi but he was very sure about this.

Kuddos to Inzi for selecting based on his intuitions instead of scorecard selection ala Haroon Rashid/Mohsin Khan/Iqbal Qasim.
    Inzamam has accepted that he has selected Teams after having feedback of domestic players and national players from Haroon Rasheed aswell as Record of Last Season. He mentioned that Imam wasn't picked because his Last Season numbers weren't satisfactory.

If you carefully analyse Pakistan A camp members wrt batsman than you will find that Two type of players were there :

A. Top Performers of last Season

B. Top Averaging players

This is why a guy like Mohammad Waqas was also there who averages 48 in Fc cricket but probably he missed out because Umar Siddiq also averages 46 but is 6 years younger than 29 years old Waqas so Inzamam gave preference to 23 years old who youngster who can ocassionally keep aswell.

31 averaging Jaahid was picked because He is only 21 and has scored highest number of runs in last Fc season amongst all openers. So first criteria was Old Selection Committee's feedback plus Scoresheets and second criteria was age and net sessions skill set of batsman in Selectors Eye.

Erratic Bhatti was selected because of his Exploits in QEA Trophy final plus Coach's request.

I think from now on Inzamam's Selections would be further more efficient because now He has seen many more players playing matches infront of him aswell as in Nets. Remaining few players will catch his Eye during Qea Qualifying rounds and Qea trophy.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    any videos of him playing...looks like a strong contender ahead of fakhar zaman and sharjeel khan...england lions have a pretty decent bowling attack to test the batsmen with the new ball...very much impressed with his century today while chasing..

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TalentSpotterPk Yes, but Inzi is the first selector after a long time who does observe these players instead of using a sheet only.

And Jaahid Ali can only get in the squad of the remaining tests if Mickey has been following the A games. Misbah we all know won't drop his pal or select an inexperienced guy when he has other options.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Shan fails in 2nd inning too of 2nd test then I will be extremely tempted to drop Shan from 3rd test and select Jaahid Ali instead. Let's see if Inzi, Micki and Misbah agree with me.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Inzamam has accepted that he has selected Teams after having feedback of domestic players and national players from Haroon Rasheed aswell as Record of Last Season. He mentioned that Imam wasn't picked because his Last Season numbers weren't satisfactory.

If you carefully analyse Pakistan A camp members wrt batsman than you will find that Two type of players were there :

A. Top Performers of last Season

B. Top Averaging players

This is why a guy like Mohammad Waqas was also there who averages 48 in Fc cricket but probably he missed out because Umar Siddiq also averages 46 but is 6 years younger than 29 years old Waqas so Inzamam gave preference to 23 years old who youngster who can ocassionally keep aswell.

31 averaging Jaahid was picked because He is only 21 and has scored highest number of runs in last Fc season amongst all openers. So first criteria was Old Selection Committee's feedback plus Scoresheets and second criteria was age and net sessions skill set of batsman in Selectors Eye.

Erratic Bhatti was selected because of his Exploits in QEA Trophy final plus Coach's request.

I think from now on Inzamam's Selections would be further more efficient because now He has seen many more players playing matches infront of him aswell as in Nets.
    Remaining few players will catch his Eye during Qea Qualifying rounds and Qea trophy.

eagerly waiting for the ODI squad to be announced...

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    eagerly waiting for the ODI squad to be announced...
    If any of the current Test players who havent retired from Odi cricket are not going to be named in Odi squad than we should not announce the Odi squad before day 4 or 5 of last test match because it will have a negative effect on our players.

Which players are you looking forward to in terms of Selection ?

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If any of the current Test players who havent retired from Odi cricket are not going to be named in Odi squad than we should not announce the Odi squad before day 4 or 5 of last test match because it will have a negative effect on our players.

Which players are you looking forward to in terms of Selection ?

bowlers - hasan ali, nawaz, allrounders aamer yamin or amad butt,

batsmen - one of sharjeel khan/sami aslam or if jaahid scores heavily in the remaining games...

saud looks like need some more games havent find the touch yet in LIST-A looked promising in tests but feels need more matches. probably if he can pile up runs in the remaining games..

haris sohail if he is returning..

rizwan should comeback, asad will be in nevermind looks good in this tour so far.

My squad of 16 would be as follows

1. Azhar ali
    2. Jaahid/Sharjeel/Sami - all three fighting for 1 place
    3. Hafeez
    4. Babar
    5. Haris
    6. Malik
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Nawaz
    9. Amad Butt
    10. Hasan Ali
    11. Aamir

reserves

1. Asad shafiq
    2. Rizwan
    3. Ehsan Adil
    4. Yasir Shah
    5. Umar Amin

- last man as he had a good avg in the last FC season..
    Last edited by ask_analyse_act; 24th July 2016 at 20:23.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    bowlers - hasan ali, nawaz, allrounders aamer yamin & amad butt,

batsmen - one of sharjeel khan/sami aslam or if jaahid scores heavily in the remaining games...

saud looks like need some more games havent find the touch yet in LIST-A looked promising in tests but feels need more matches. probably if he can pile up runs in the remaining games..

haris sohail if he is returning..

rizwan should comeback, asad will be in nevermind looks good in this tour so far.

My squad of 16 would be as follows

1. Azhar ali
    2. Jaahid/Sharjeel/Sami - all three fighting for 1 place
    3. Hafeez
    4. Babar
    5. Haris
    6. Malik
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Nawaz
    9. Amad Butt
    10. Hasan Ali
    11. Aamir

reserves

1. Asad shafiq
    2. Rizwan
    3. Ehsan Adil
    4. Yasir Shah
    5. Umar Amin

- last man as he had a good avg in the last FC season..
    Pakistan A tour is most Probably over. I ll share 12-13 players from your squad with mine.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan A tour is most Probably over. I ll share 12-13 players from your squad with mine.

What would be your odi squad talent bhai?

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    What would be your odi squad talent bhai?
    1. Sharjeel Khan.
    2. Azhar Ali (Litmus Test)
    3. Mohammad Hafeez (Litmus Test)
    4. Babar Azam
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Mohammad Rizwan
    7. Sarfraz Ahmed (wk)
    8. Amad Butt
    9. Hasan Ali
    10. Mohammad Amir
    11. Mohammad Asghar

12. Fakhar Zaman/Jahid Ali
    13. Aamer Yamin (number 6)
    14. Wahab Riaz (Litmus Test)
    15. Asad/Saud/Sohaib
    16. Yasir/Usama/Nawaz/Shadab

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1. Sharjeel Khan.
    2. Azhar Ali (Litmus Test)
    3. Mohammad Hafeez (Litmus Test)
    4. Babar Azam
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Mohammad Rizwan
    7. Sarfraz Ahmed (wk)
    8. Amad Butt
    9. Hasan Ali
    10. Mohammad Amir
    11. Mohammad Asghar

12. Fakhar Zaman/Jahid Ali
    13. Aamer Yamin (number 6)
    14. Wahab Riaz (Litmus Test)
    15. Asad/Saud/Sohaib
    16. Yasir/Usama/Nawaz/Shadab

Talent bhai what are your thoughts on rizwan? And your line up has both Sarfraz and Rizwan. Surely one should be sacrificed for Yamin or Nawaz

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Talent bhai what are your thoughts on rizwan? And your line up has both Sarfraz and Rizwan. Surely one should be sacrificed for Yamin or Nawaz
    Hasan !

First of all lets hope that

Anwar Ali, Imad Wasim, Bilal Asif, Iftikhar Ahmed & Khurram Manzoor are not selected in Odi squad :-)

That is first and Foremost :-)

Than if Hafeez passes bowling action test than Rizwan will play first 2 odis at number 6.

If Hafeez does not clear bowling action test than Mickey, Arthur, Azhar & Inzamam will sit together and decide whether they are willing to give away 60 to 100 runs in 10 overs of Azhar & Malik while having ful confidence on solid ability of remaining 4 bowlers to go at 5 to 6 runs per over or

They want Yamin or Nawaz at number 6 in place of Rizwan.

If Hafeez is allowed to bowl than for atleast first two Odi's i would want to give chance to Rizwan at 6. Than if he doesn't click than i will opt for Yamin at 6.

All of Us have forgot Khurram's 2 hundreds in Pakistan Cup
    I hope Inzamam has forgot aswell.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hasan !

First of all lets hope that

Anwar Ali, Imad Wasim, Bilal Asif, Iftikhar Ahmed & Khurram Manzoor are not selected in Odi squad :-)

That is first and Foremost :-)

Than if Hafeez passes bowling action test than Rizwan will play first 2 odis at number 6.

If Hafeez does not clear bowling action test than Mickey, Arthur, Azhar & Inzamam will sit together and decide whether they are willing to give away 60 to 100 runs in 10 overs of Azhar & Malik while having ful confidence on solid ability of remaining 4 bowlers to go at 5 to 6 runs per over or

They want Yamin or Nawaz at number 6 in place of Rizwan.

If Hafeez is allowed to bowl than for atleast first two Odi's i would want to give chance to Rizwan at 6. Than if he doesn't click than i will opt for Yamin at 6.

All of Us have forgot Khurram's 2 hundreds in Pakistan Cup
    I hope Inzamam has forgot aswell.

Imad wasim will surely be selected, he seemed to be a regular under Azhar capatincy, that could be due to Waqar. Have a feeling Manzoor might be selected and I am not that against it because we don't have many options! The rest you mentioned should definitely be kept away.

We could do with Hafeezs bowling if he is going to play, so I can see why you would pick Rizwan. But preferably I would pick one of rizwan or Sarfraz and slot Yamin in there.

I don't think Inzamam will forget Manzoor as he is in the test squad atm.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Imad wasim will surely be selected, he seemed to be a regular under Azhar capatincy, that could be due to Waqar. Have a feeling Manzoor might be selected and I am not that against it because we don't have many options! The rest you mentioned should definitely be kept away.

We could do with Hafeezs bowling if he is going to play, so I can see why you would pick Rizwan. But preferably I would pick one of rizwan or Sarfraz and slot Yamin in there.

I don't think Inzamam will forget Manzoor as he is in the test squad atm.
    That's Iftikhar.

Manzoor is in Pakistan

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's Iftikhar.

Manzoor is in Pakistan

I thought manzoor was in the squad? I'm sure he was in r the skills camp!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I thought manzoor was in the squad? I'm sure he was in r the skills camp!
    Yes he was in the skill camp but Sami was preferred over him in the test squad.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes he was in the skill camp but Sami was preferred over him in the test squad.

Is sami ready for a call up in the 3rd test or not?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Is sami ready for a call up in the 3rd test or not?
    @Hawkeye can tell better.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Hawkeye can tell better.

Oh okay Jazakullah talent bhai

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Oh okay Jazakullah talent bhai
    You have to search Sami Aslam Thread to know why i said that.

Its JazaakAllah or Jazaakamullah Ahsanal Jaza

Pleasure Bro.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very surprised by his turnaround. Was a very limited player. Good for him. Performing overseas in his 1st ever tour with A-team.

On the contrary, Fakhar failed badly on this tour.

#1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I dont like this recent mentality of letting players to play 2-3 seasons before selection. He is already in UK and has performed, and can easily be inducted for last two tests. Over the last month or two he has spend more time out on the wicket than all our openers combined. If it were upon me Jaahid would be debuting next test along with Yamin and Shan and Hafeez both would warm the bench

Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anyone to get rid of Hafeez.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Anyone to get rid of Hafeez.
    Mohammad Hafeez Bhai is senior so it will be extremely hard to get rid of him. Shan on the other hand can be easily dropped for his nonperformance becausr he is not senior cricketer.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You have a guy warming the bench, he deserves a call now.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had never heard of him but in his first tour in tough conditions he has done really well. Our next test series is in October in UAE hosting West Indies (yet the schedule still hasn't been released) and he should make his debut in this series

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There is a Strong Case of Jaahid Ali being given Match Practice against Zimbabwe A before the Test Series.

With Hafeez injured & Shan Masood most certain to be dropped Jaahid Ali may make Pakistan Test Team if He makes consistent runs in Zimbabwe.

If He fails to make consistent runs than Inzamam ul Haq will pick Salman Butt for Test Squad.

Personally I want Jaahid to score heaps of Runs vs Zim to confirm his Selection. I don't like his sluggish batting but by scoring runs in England and by raising his Fc batting average from 17 to 31 in one season he has shown that He has the technique and temperament for the longer format.

A great chance to book his place as 3rd Opener in Test Squad vs West Indies.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a Strong Case of Jaahid Ali being given Match Practice against Zimbabwe A before the Test Series.

With Hafeez injured & Shan Masood most certain to be dropped Jaahid Ali may make Pakistan Test Team if He makes consistent runs in Zimbabwe.

If He fails to make consistent runs than Inzamam ul Haq will pick Salman Butt for Test Squad.

Personally I want Jaahid to score heaps of Runs vs Zim to confirm his Selection. I don't like his sluggish batting but by scoring runs in England and by raising his Fc batting average from 17 to 31 in one season he has shown that He has the technique and temperament for the longer format.

salman butt......i will quit watchin cricket..he doesnt deserve it even on merit.......

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

There were couple of 4 Day matches for that (even if I believe he has a remote chance to make the 16 men squad). This is outrageous, even a A match standard, in a List A match.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    There were couple of 4 Day matches for that (even if I believe he has a remote chance to make the 16 men squad). This is outrageous, even a A match standard, in a List A match.

Before last List A season his List A average was 25 and SR was 60 but he improved it significantly and his List A average became 38 and SR became 74 in One Season so that's why he was rewarded. Personally I would have liked Shahzaib Hasan to be selected for List A instead of Jaahid.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dont see him coming any time soon.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Before last List A season his List A average was 25 and SR was 60 but he improved it significantly and his List A average became 38 and SR became 74 in One Season so that's why he was rewarded. Personally I would have liked Shahzaib Hasan to be selected for List A instead of Jaahid.
    That's a statistical manipulation actually. He has played just about 10-11 matches. Just one innings (probably against ENG Lions), in a poor chase actually has hiked that stat, but his game is not suited for LO cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can be tried in Tests first. But I think hes one season away.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    That's a statistical manipulation actually. He has played just about 10-11 matches. Just one innings (probably against ENG Lions), in a poor chase actually has hiked that stat, but his game is not suited for LO cricket.

Actually there was no logic to drop him from Pakistan A One Day Squad after the England Tour.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wish people here would get the simplest of simple course in statistics before shooting off their mouths thoughtlessly.

there is no data for jaahid. two games tells you nothing. you have no idea if they are outlier, or genuine reflections of the player's skill.

typical pp knee jerk rubbish. if he is so breathtaking, and can slaughter the lions so comfortably, why is he a lamb in pakistan domestic on docile pitches against overweight sub standard bowlers? if he is a sure fire slide into th senior side, why after 31 innings is he averaging 32 in first class?

31 innings is not enough to draw much of a conclusion, but its sure as hell more significant than two innings. he might end up being the next saeed anwar, or he might end up being the next rameez raja - time will tell, based on what we have seen so far, there is absolutely no justification whatsoever for fast tracking him into the national side.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    ^ ^

He was the highest Scoring Opener in Last First Class Season in Pakistan.

He was also the highest Scoring Opener for Pakistan A in Fc matches on England Tour.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perfect example of why you dont pick someone for a single series performance against third rate opposition. he may or may not turn out to be good, but its just plainly stupid to pick him with no data to know whether its form or class.

his scores since the uk:

0, 5, 26, 80, 10, 9, 32, 12*, 11, 29, 19

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    oh GOD look at the technique one of the worse i ever saw

Name:  P_Jan24_171843.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  107.4 KB

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  P_Jan24_172300.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  111.9 KB

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  P_Jan24_172603.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  111.8 KB

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Name:  P_Jan24_172300.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  111.9 KB
    With this technique he will be very prone to LBW's from deliveries pitched up.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    With this technique he will be very prone to LBW's from deliveries pitched up.

unless he improve his technique he is not a international materiel

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    LOL

stance =! technique.

He may very well have an atrocious technique, but a way a batsman stands at the crease does not show that. Chanderpaul had one of the ugliest stances and he wasn't half bad. Even Kallis or Pointing put their pads on off-stump after their trigger movement.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    why a batsman who performed excellently in Pakistan A tour in foreign conditions, does not perform as good in Pakistan domestic afterwards?