Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 201
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    73,289
    Mentioned
    1636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

    Mohammad Rizwan versus Sarfaraz Ahmed

    I've watched Rizwan around the Pakistan squad on this tour of England, at practice sessions etc and he's a bundle of energy. By far the stand-out fielder amongst the squad. Despite him only playing one match on the tour, he has been so positive around the squad, laughing and joking and yet working hard whilst practising.

    Watching Mohammad Rizwan in action against Worcestershire yesterday, he impressed with the bat and gloves. He looks like a cricketer with that desire and hunger to succeed.

    I think Sarfraz Ahmed needs to look over his shoulder and at his performances and consistency, otherwise he could be in the slow lane as Mohammad Rizwan speeds past him in all three formats.



  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    2,656
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only plus that Sarfraz has is that he is a better player oc spin compared to Rizwan.
    Rizwan has to improve otherwise he will be another Azhar Mahmood batting wise

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously hate the look of the under pads rizwan wears I like the traditional look sarfraz wears but that's just me.

    Moreover I'm not a fan of rizwan wk but he may play as batsman but surprisingly sarfraz wking has been disappointing too but inshallah he will step up.

    Sent from my H30-U10 using Tapatalk


    May your choices reflect your hope not your fears.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    42,091
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The pressure is definitely increasing on sarfraz , with mediocre performances with bad and gloves he should be worried.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2016
    Runs
    2,032
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rizwan might be a bundle of energy but he is just not good enough to be in our playing 11. You are right that Sarfraz should do better than what he is doing currently. But i would take sarfraz over rizwan any day of the week.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    16,693
    Mentioned
    756 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bundle of energy - only if that's what was required to play international cricket!

    I have no idea why people use phrases like "full energy" and "gives in 100%" for Wahab Riaz, Shan Masood etc. to justify their selections - even when they're not good enough in cricket.

    Rizwan can play as a specialist fielder - but is there any such role in our team?

    He's worse than even Azhar Ali and Shehzad when it comes to playing spin. Against pace, specially any sort of movement, Rizwan again struggles.

    As for keeping, Umar Akmal was a better keeper than Rizwan. You get the idea.

    That leaves his spot as a specialist fielder, where he indeed excels. Can we play him as a fielder in our XI?

    For middle order batsmen - we need people like Saud Shakeel, Imam ul Haq, Azam, Haris Sohail. Not players who don't have a decent enough ceiling on potential.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    24,284
    Mentioned
    1305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He does not look a natural keeper

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    19,847
    Mentioned
    540 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Should replace Sarfraz in Limited Overs right now and eventually in Tests. Really good prospect


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,540
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I would like to see both in LOIs.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  10. #10
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    15,761
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Not quite good enough as WK, not quite good enough as batsman but outside that he is a great talent.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,908
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should be the keeper in LO formats

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    8,624
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People are saying stuff like "Oh, but but he doesn't look natural", well it's not like Sarfraz has been excellent has he? In-fact, when Rizwan was playing as the keeper in LOI's he didn't drop catches or miss any opportunities to get the batsmen out via stumpings. I think he should be given a chance in the 4th test.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,873
    Mentioned
    6140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Rizwan cannot compete with Sarfraz in Tests at the moment.

    Both are poor keepers, but Sarfraz is a match-winner with the bat in Asia, and Rizwan cannot play the same role because he's not as good vs spin.

    Rizwan can score runs in Tests in UAE/Asia in the top-order though, but his game is not organized enough for Tests yet.

    In Limited Overs, Rizwan though has the potential to be the hard hitting, dynamic WK batsman we have yearned for years.

    Unlike Sarfraz, he has age and time on his side and is a much superior athlete and fielder.

    Rizwan should be given the gloves in Limited Overs now and take up the number 6 spot, which is ideal for him.

    In 3-4 years, he could be ready to take over as Test keeper as well.

    However, that's not going to happen because Sarfraz doesn't give dhoka and has just been handed in the T20I captaincy, while his fans have earmarked him as Azhar's successor in ODIs as well.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    13,076
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I've watched Rizwan around the Pakistan squad on this tour of England, at practice sessions etc and he's a bundle of energy. By far the stand-out fielder amongst the squad. Despite him only playing one match on the tour, he has been so positive around the squad, laughing and joking and yet working hard whilst practising.

    Watching Mohammad Rizwan in action against Worcestershire yesterday, he impressed with the bat and gloves. He looks like a cricketer with that desire and hunger to succeed.

    I think Sarfraz Ahmed needs to look over his shoulder and at his performances and consistency, otherwise he could be in the slow lane as Mohammad Rizwan speeds past him in all three formats.
    I have written on another thread that Pakistan probably needs Steve Rixon to coach Rizwan into being a Test class keeper.

    Mickey Arthur requires four quicks, even in Asia - he beat Pakistan in Pakistan with that model. But one of those four quicks is a batsman, to accommodate a spinner too.

    It's is blindingly obvious that Aamer Yamin is the only Pakistan quick bowler who is a decent enough bowler to be fourth seamer yet a good enough batsman to score the runs of a specialist batsman.

    But I don't think Yamin is a good enough batsman to bat above 7 in Tests.

    To accommodate him at 7 your keeper has to bat at 6.

    Sarfraz is good enough to bat at 7 and average in the 40s and score regular 50's and occasional 100's.

    But a number 6 batsman needs to score as many 100s as 50s. And Sarfaz will never be good enough to do that outside Asia.

    So I think you need to groom Rizwan to keep wicket and bat at 6 in this Test line-up.

    6 Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
    7 Aamer Yamin (4th seamer)
    8 Hasan Ali (2nd quick)
    9 Amad Butt (3rd quick)
    10 Mohammad Amir
    11 Yasir Shah

    In Asia Mohammad Nawaz could replace the fourth seamer.

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,715
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan is a good guy to have in LOI where fielding and saving runs really makes a difference. As far as keeping and batting is concerned his batting is at par with Sarfraz while keeping Sarfraz is better.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,336
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I've watched Rizwan around the Pakistan squad on this tour of England, at practice sessions etc and he's a bundle of energy. By far the stand-out fielder amongst the squad. Despite him only playing one match on the tour, he has been so positive around the squad, laughing and joking and yet working hard whilst practising.

    Watching Mohammad Rizwan in action against Worcestershire yesterday, he impressed with the bat and gloves. He looks like a cricketer with that desire and hunger to succeed.

    I think Sarfraz Ahmed needs to look over his shoulder and at his performances and consistency, otherwise he could be in the slow lane as Mohammad Rizwan speeds past him in all three formats.
    if Rizwan improve his wicket keeping then this is a no-brainer.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    183
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is way ahead in Tests.

    In LOI, Sarfraz Ahmed is better keeper and batsman than Rizwan. Sarfraz needs to bat in Top 5 till then he's a waste. Sarfraz will stay because he is the better option for captaincy as well in all formats. Rizwan needs to up his game regarding finishing the game and six hitting, otherwise I don't think he's needed in XI.

    Haris, Babar, Sarfraz at 3, 4 & 5 respectively and Rizwan can come at #6.

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    19,847
    Mentioned
    540 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Rizwan cannot compete with Sarfraz in Tests at the moment.

    Both are poor keepers, but Sarfraz is a match-winner with the bat in Asia, and Rizwan cannot play the same role because he's not as good vs spin.

    Rizwan can score runs in Tests in UAE/Asia in the top-order though, but his game is not organized enough for Tests yet.

    In Limited Overs, Rizwan though has the potential to be the hard hitting, dynamic WK batsman we have yearned for years.

    Unlike Sarfraz, he has age and time on his side and is a much superior athlete and fielder.

    Rizwan should be given the gloves in Limited Overs now and take up the number 6 spot, which is ideal for him.

    In 3-4 years, he could be ready to take over as Test keeper as well.

    However, that's not going to happen because Sarfraz doesn't give dhoka and has just been handed in the T20I captaincy, while his fans have earmarked him as Azhar's successor in ODIs as well.
    Summed it up well


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,908
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Summed it up well
    Sarfraz still has his followers though. Me you and Mamoon have realized he is no use at 6 or 7 in LO formats

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ischemia View Post
    The only plus that Sarfraz has is that he is a better player oc spin compared to Rizwan.
    Rizwan has to improve otherwise he will be another Azhar Mahmood batting wise
    This only won't work for Sarfraz, Rizwan will adapt against spin as well.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKiiSavage View Post
    Rizwan might be a bundle of energy but he is just not good enough to be in our playing 11. You are right that Sarfraz should do better than what he is doing currently. But i would take sarfraz over rizwan any day of the week.
    Lol, Rizwan is potentially better than Sarfraz.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Rizwan is the future, potentially better than Sarfraz, even in the longer format. He will adapt against spin, as he is young.

    Sarfraz should be given this series, though.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,908
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    Mohammad Rizwan is the future, potentially better than Sarfraz, even in the longer format. He will adapt against spin, as he is young.

    Sarfraz should be given this series, though.
    In an interview a few months ago, he said he is working on his problem vs spin.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    In an interview a few months ago, he said he is working on his problem vs spin.
    Here is a poster @Hawkeye , who seems jealous of him , has already written him off, in a way. Lol.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,908
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    Here is a jealous poster @Hawkeye , who has already written him off, in a way. Lol.
    Lool don't agree with that. He's still young yet

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    8,001
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like Rizwan a lot due to his hunger to improve but right now he is not ready for test cricket. He might have an odd success here and there if he plays test cricket but he has a lot to improve. His technique against short pitch is very vulnerable and his balance at crease isn't good as well.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    6,988
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Definitely deserves the spot for WK-Batsmen over Sarfraz in ODIs


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,753
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz is a waste of spot in the odi team specially 7. I will have rizwan over him any day in odi format.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    10,741
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Both are poor keepers but Rizwan is more dynamic so should be in LOIs. Sarfraz is way ahead in tests though. It's about time our thick tank realise that there are certain players who are only suited to one particular format and shouldn't play in all 3 just because they do well in one format. Sarfraz is suited for tests and Rizwan for LOIs.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    8,267
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I've watched Rizwan around the Pakistan squad on this tour of England, at practice sessions etc and he's a bundle of energy. By far the stand-out fielder amongst the squad. Despite him only playing one match on the tour, he has been so positive around the squad, laughing and joking and yet working hard whilst practising.

    Watching Mohammad Rizwan in action against Worcestershire yesterday, he impressed with the bat and gloves. He looks like a cricketer with that desire and hunger to succeed.

    I think Sarfraz Ahmed needs to look over his shoulder and at his performances and consistency, otherwise he could be in the slow lane as Mohammad Rizwan speeds past him in all three formats.
    Rizwan is very talented and should get an opportunity against England on this tour.

    THe only thing he has against him is that he cannot play spin as well as Sarfraz so Sarfraz becomes the de-facto first choice in the UAE.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    453
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For T20s i wouldnt pick either safraz(i know hes the captain!) Or rizwan!

    I would go for BISMILLAH KHAN!

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Both are poor keepers but Rizwan is more dynamic so should be in LOIs. Sarfraz is way ahead in tests though. It's about time our thick tank realise that there are certain players who are only suited to one particular format and shouldn't play in all 3 just because they do well in one format. Sarfraz is suited for tests and Rizwan for LOIs.
    Our think tank does realizes that,thats why azhar Ali isnot in t20s isnot it


    May your choices reflect your hope not your fears.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    4,443
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan needs rizwan the fielder mostly in the outfield

    Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,908
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zain Zaidi View Post
    Heyyyy stop it Sarfraz ftw!!!!
    Sarfraz has to bat up the order in LO formats but there is no space for him up the order so he rizwan should replace him.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhai mujhe to pehle bar aisa batsman nazr aya hy world cup'15 se jise strike rotate krna aata hy dosra Harris Sohail magr wo janab aik saal se scene se gayab hy injury ki waja se.

    And. I think our pressure best bat should play lower we all know how fast Pakistan batting can collapse so he can provide us some comfort.

    Sent from my H30-U10 using Tapatalk


    May your choices reflect your hope not your fears.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    8,001
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zain Zaidi View Post
    Bhai mujhe to pehle bar aisa batsman nazr aya hy world cup'15 se jise strike rotate krna aata hy dosra Harris Sohail magr wo janab aik saal se scene se gayab hy injury ki waja se.

    And. I think our pressure best bat should play lower we all know how fast Pakistan batting can collapse so he can provide us some comfort.

    Sent from my H30-U10 using Tapatalk
    It's easier to rotate strike when you bat at 6-7, put him in top 4 and then we would know how good he really is.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,639
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is the best wicket keeper batsman in Asia in all 3 formats combined.

    Rizwan is a good prospect but he needs time to replace the number 1.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,854
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz has shown he's good in Asia.

    Rizwan won't get a spot over him even if Sarfraz fails in England and Australia.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,336
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoro View Post
    For T20s i wouldnt pick either safraz(i know hes the captain!) Or rizwan!

    I would go for BISMILLAH KHAN!
    Bismillah Khan is the real deal. Naam hi kafi hai.

  40. #40
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    10,388
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rizwan is a far better prospect. Sarfaraz is the most unathletic WK to have ever played this game.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    23,891
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rizwan has more potential as a WK bat in overseas tests. He looks good against pace, his problems are against spin and in particular leg spin.

    But I dont think there should be competition as of now for Test WK spot. Sarfraz has enough performances to hold on to his place.

    I see it in a different way. I think Rizwan can replace one of the openers with Azhar moving to open. I firmly believe he has potential to deliver as a pure Bat.


    Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,540
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Realistically, we should go with both of them.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,484
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ischemia View Post
    The only plus that Sarfraz has is that he is a better player oc spin compared to Rizwan.
    Rizwan has to improve otherwise he will be another Azhar Mahmood batting wise
    The other plus Sarfraz have is, he's a better keeper than Rizwan with all his shortcomings.


    #1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,484
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    Mohammad Rizwan is the future, potentially better than Sarfraz, even in the longer format. He will adapt against spin, as he is young.

    Sarfraz should be given this series, though.
    Sarfraz can't be dropped even after this series.


    #1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    It's easier to rotate strike when you bat at 6-7, put him in top 4 and then we would know how good he really is.
    I don't understand your logic how it's easy to rotate strike down the order violating to rising strike up the order.

    Nevertheless he DID opened in LO and was above average our openers imo. Will be interesting to see what number he gives himself in t20s


    May your choices reflect your hope not your fears.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,540
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnykhan View Post
    Sarfraz can't be dropped even after this series.
    Sarfi should not be dropped. Not from any squad.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    23,891
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zain Zaidi View Post
    I don't understand your logic how it's easy to rotate strike down the order violating to rising strike up the order.

    Nevertheless he DID opened in LO and was above average our openers imo. Will be interesting to see what number he gives himself in t20s
    In first 15 overs there are field restrictions and ball is new so teams attack more or you can say are forced to attack more leading to fewer gaps and thus difficulty in Strike rotation.

    In later overs teams are mostly in damage control mode and dont mind singles as long as boundaries dont flow


    Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    In first 15 overs there are field restrictions and ball is new so teams attack more or you can say are forced to attack more leading to fewer gaps and thus difficulty in Strike rotation.

    In later overs teams are mostly in damage control mode and dont mind singles as long as boundaries dont flow
    Ah I see you meant that


    May your choices reflect your hope not your fears.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnykhan View Post
    The other plus Sarfraz have is, he's a better keeper than Rizwan with all his shortcomings.
    No, he is not.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnykhan View Post
    Sarfraz can't be dropped even after this series.
    Has he bought this 7th place?

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,484
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    No, he is not.
    Yes, he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    Has he bought this 7th place?
    Nopes. But has enough performances to save himself from getting dropped after one or two series.


    #1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

  52. #52
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    1,025
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rizwan should replace Sarfraz in ODI's

    He has a far superior List A career, and has already made as many fifties as Sarfraz in ODI's at a superior strike rate in many fewer games.

    Rizwan seems to be a better batsman than Sarfraz in limited overs cricket. If keeper is going to play in the top six, Rizwan should play.

  53. #53
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    19,847
    Mentioned
    540 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Been saying it for ages now. Sarfraz is trash in limited overs. Hope he gets replaced by Rizwan ASAP. Rizwan is way fitter, younger and has more potential. Not to mention he can clear the inner circle without getting down on one knee


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    501
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (on the phone so gona be short)

    For all those nit-picking Rizwan, yes he hasn't lit up the world but neither did sarfaraz in his early days (and still hasn't to be frank). He was in and out of squads just like Rizwan. So not much of a difference there, however, Rizwan is a far better athlete. I would like to see Rizwan for the long haul, for the short term it doesnt really matter.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    11,859
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnykhan View Post
    Sarfraz can't be dropped even after this series.
    Hopefully he is.

    Rizwan is knocking on the door, and will knock it down.

    Kamran is the key to the door.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,484
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Hopefully he is.

    Rizwan is knocking on the door, and will knock it down.

    Kamran is the key to the door.
    The post was about Tests and Sarfraz had done enough to stay in the team for another 3 series for tests even if he fails.

    Sorry if Sarfraz crashes your hope every now and then


    #1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,322
    Mentioned
    1922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    TBH the few opportunities that Rizwan did get he struggled to impress. He really needs to grab his next chance otherwise there may not be many more.


    Mein inko rolaonga


    NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

  58. #58
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,537
    Mentioned
    2583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    One of Rizwan's biggest fans here, and I believe Sarfraz deserves a run at #5. Mickey believes so too.

    Sarfraz is our next captain, folks.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  59. #59
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,537
    Mentioned
    2583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The next time we see Rizwan don a green shirt (in a non-dead-rubber/injury situation), it'll be as a batsman. I'm quite sure of this.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    11,859
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnykhan View Post
    The post was about Tests and Sarfraz had done enough to stay in the team for another 3 series for tests even if he fails.

    Sorry if Sarfraz crashes your hope every now and then
    Yeah, like he did today

    In other news, Malik continues his golden run. Honestly will be the key for CT 2017.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    13,076
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz kept well in England.

    The problem is that given that Pakistan has no all-rounder good enough to bat in the Test Top Six, the fifth bowler has to bat at number 7. And you will need a fifth bowler in New Zealand and Australia, at least fast-medium in pace.

    So then you have to look at Sarfraz Ahmed's Test batting output in England.

    25 + 45
    26 + 7
    46* + 0
    44

    Seven innings, in five of which he made at least 25.

    But not a single fifty.

    I don't see how a modern Test team can carry a wicketkeeper who fails to score a fifty in a four match series. In fact, nowadays in a 4 match series you'd expect at least 2 fifties and 1 century from your keeper at the highest level.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,854
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I don't see Sarfraz being dropped from the test squad. He's solidified that spot.

    ODIs is another topic though.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,908
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Sarfraz kept well in England.

    The problem is that given that Pakistan has no all-rounder good enough to bat in the Test Top Six, the fifth bowler has to bat at number 7. And you will need a fifth bowler in New Zealand and Australia, at least fast-medium in pace.

    So then you have to look at Sarfraz Ahmed's Test batting output in England.

    25 + 45
    26 + 7
    46* + 0
    44

    Seven innings, in five of which he made at least 25.

    But not a single fifty.

    I don't see how a modern Test team can carry a wicketkeeper who fails to score a fifty in a four match series. In fact, nowadays in a 4 match series you'd expect at least 2 fifties and 1 century from your keeper at the highest level.
    Rizwan has a lot to do before he takes Sarfraz place in tests. He gets too excited at the crease and it causes for him to make stupid mistakes. His running between the wickets is suspect and he has weakness vs spin.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    7,797
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In LOI Rizwan is easily the better choice.

    In Test Sarfraz has been invested in so lets stick with him and he's performing.

    Rizwan is a superb athlete extremely fit he should be implemented in the LOI Squad ASAP. He also has the power to go big at the end which Sarfraz lacks.

    Give Sarfraz this series and if he fails he needs to be booted out of the squad, and Rizwan needs to take over against WI.


    IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    7,797
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Rizwan has a lot to do before he takes Sarfraz place in tests. He gets too excited at the crease and it causes for him to make stupid mistakes. His running between the wickets is suspect and he has weakness vs spin.
    Pretty much this.

    Rizwan isn't ready for Tests. Our Test 11 is pretty much settle expect, for the all-rounder position. Rizwan doesn't merit a place in tests yet.

    Although he should be implemented in the LOI side if Sarfraz fails in this England Series.


    IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  66. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,908
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    Pretty much this.

    Rizwan isn't ready for Tests. Our Test 11 is pretty much settle expect, for the all-rounder position. Rizwan doesn't merit a place in tests yet.

    Although he should be implemented in the LOI side if Sarfraz fails in this England Series.
    If he can improve his batting won't be long before he in the LO team as Arthur will like his fielding

  67. #67
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    82,873
    Mentioned
    6140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    What type of shot did Sarfraz play yesterday. Feet going nowhere, head falling and he just poked at the ball with hard hands.

    Very amateurish stuff and looks ugly as hell when he tries to work the ball outside the off-stump, unless it's full enough to drive.

    Has been dismissed like this many times recently.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    7,797
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    What type of shot did Sarfraz play yesterday. Feet going nowhere, head falling and he just poked at the ball with hard hands.

    Very amateurish stuff and looks ugly as hell when he tries to work the ball outside the off-stump, unless it's full enough to drive.

    Has been dismissed like this many times recently.
    Exactly!

    I don't know what people See in Sarfraz the he keeps getting Selected in LOI!


    IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    21,176
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    He does not look a natural keeper
    because he isnt

    however sarfraz's poor form isnt helping him. I like him and want him to be captain, but its becoming harder to justify


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  70. #70
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    962
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is failing more frequently with the bat and mode of dismissals are identical being caught in slips or by keeper

  71. #71
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,232
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    When was the last time Sarfraz performed in ODIs?

    He should be dropped.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,540
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It's good that we have Rizzu in the squad, and am sure if given a chance, he will put Sarfi spot in danger.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    104,604
    Mentioned
    668 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think Rizwan should be in the ODIs and T20 teams right now purely as a batsmen even if hes not got the gloves on, could even come the point where hes good enough to play in tests in a top 6 spot in future without the gloves as well.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    6,694
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reality there is a choice to be made. However if we are going to go with the 3 proper pacers and 3 spinning all rounders model both rizwan and sarf can play when hafeez passes his test.
    Bit advice said in reality we should have 3 pacers 2 spin all rounders and Yamin but Yamin is not selected


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  75. #75
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    15,761
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    At this point in time, there is no contest, Sarfraz is head shoulders above Rizwan in all formats. I want to see Sarfraz bat at 6/7 in normal circumstances and at 4, when needed. To keep Sarfraz on his toes, give Rizwan the odd game.

  76. #76
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    4,252
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan should play only as a batsman...but he needs work. Not a bad option for number 5..

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,322
    Mentioned
    1922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rizwan will play more regularly once Malik leaves. He is a good option to have in the lower order and can accelerate beautifully.


    Mein inko rolaonga


    NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    290
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a lot of people are forgetting is that Rizwan's wicket keeping is not even international standard and anyway we need his athleticism and catching ability on the field. So to replace Rizwan with Sarfraz makes no sense whatsoever.

    Furthermore, Sarfraz is captaincy material and I feel Azhar Ali is on the edge when it comes to keeping his captain status, so I don't see dropping Sarfraz an option.

    Sarfraz hasn't fulfilled his potential in ODIs but he needs a proper run where he can be settled in one position in the batting order because if you look at it, he's opened, batted at 4, 5, 6 and 7. There's just no stability there. Let's not forget Misbah wasn't our best bat in WC 2015 with that abysmal SR in the low 70s, it was actually Sarfraz who was Pakistan's best batsman in the tournament.

    Moving forward I think it's best to bat at him at 5 and have Shoaib Malik at 6 like in the recent ODI v Ireland because the latter has a limited range of shots against pace but has the power to bat at 6. Sarfraz is good at rotating the strike and plays spin well, so number 5 would be ideal for him.

    I would like to see Rizwan bat in the top order in ODIs but he needs to seriously improve his game against spin first.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,639
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    When was the last time Sarfraz performed in ODIs?

    He should be dropped.
    Last 2 ODI series that Pakistan played before this Ireland series?

    NZ
    35@90
    Only Babar and Hafeez did better.

    Eng
    38@89
    Only Babar and Hafeez did better.

    He is Pakistan's 3rd best ODI batsman in the last 2 series that Pakistan has played and note that one was against top England side and the 2nd was against NZ in NZ.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,639
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Last 12 months:

    Sarfraz scored 240 runs in 8 innings at an average of 30.
    Rizwan scored 128 runs in 6 innings at an average of 25.6.
    Azhar scored 145 runs in 9 innings at an average of 16.11.

    Hafeez, Malik, and Babar have done better than Sarfraz in last 12 months.

    So, the first one out should be Azhar who has been extremely pathetic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •