Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Well you are the one who thinks they are invincible so the onus is on you to tell me what has changed .
    Yes thats around 7 more test matches and i think i am justified in expecting Pakistan to win a match or two out of the 7 . in comparison india played around 13 and won 1 .
    Lets see how it goes.
    Test matches have 3 results, in case you are forgetting. A 0-0 result is better than losing 3-1.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Well you are the one who thinks they are invincible so the onus is on you to tell me what has changed .
    Yes thats around 7 more test matches and i think i am justified in expecting Pakistan to win a match or two out of the 7 . in comparison india played around 13 and won 1 .
    Lets see how it goes.
    Lmao I'm not saying New Zealand are "invincible". I'm just saying it's competitive enough to win at home against most teams and extrapolation of results from matches 6 years ago against weak Kiwi sides is arguing out of context.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So Asian sides have been winning test series in SA & Aus regularly, right? If I recall it right then 3 out of 4 Asian sides have yet to win a test series even in WI. That's freaking WI.

Chest thumping is pretty bad here when all Asian sides are poor travelers. Aus is no way worse than Asian sides when it comes to paying in away venues.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    So Asian sides have been winning test series in SA & Aus regularly, right? If I recall it right then 3 out of 4 Asian sides have yet to win a test series even in WI. That's freaking WI.

Chest thumping is pretty bad here when all Asian sides are poor travelers. Aus is no way worse than Asian sides when it comes to paying in away venues.
    Agreed. Asian sides have never won a series in OZ/SA and Australia have won multiple times all over Asia.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol Pakistan will be the real minnows after the end of their overseas tours. At least Australians compete well in places like SA, NZ, WI and Eng. They have a very good record in Srilanka too. Some delusional posters.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    lol Pakistan will be the real minnows after the end of their overseas tours. At least Australians compete well in places like SA, NZ, WI and Eng. They have a very good record in Srilanka too. Some delusional posters.
    Just like India turned into minnows after 8-0 and all Indian greats had to retire?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post

Winning a test series is a different thing. All Asian teams have at least won a test outside Asia. Current Australian side seems incapable to do so in Asia.

When Misbah hits the fastest test century against you, there has to be something wrong with your team.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I will bump this thread in Dec 2016.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Agreed. Asian sides have never won a series in OZ/SA and Australia have won multiple times all over Asia.
    I think the discussion is about the current Aussie team, why bringing series wins from a decade ago?

By this logic WI is also not a minnow test side as they won plenty of series in the past.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistan is the worst touring team at the moment as things stand.

With players like Masood, Hafeez, Azhar, Younis, Sarfraz, Wahab, Rahat, Imran, Sohail, Aslam, Iftikhar, Rizwan, Zulfiqar etc., we cannot win Test series in countries like Australia, England, South Africa, New Zealand and India.

That only leaves Sri Lanka (where the series will be highly competitive and could go either way), West Indies (borderline minnows), Bangladesh and Zimbabwe (minnows).

Replace Australia with Pakistan in the title and this thread might make more sense.
    And how many series have India won outside Asia?

How many series have Australia won in Asia?

Thank you.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Winning a test series is a different thing. All Asian teams have at least won a test outside Asia. Current Australian side seems incapable to do so in Asia.

When Misbah hits the fastest test century against you, there has to be something wrong with your team.
    When was the last time an Asian team won a test in Australia?

SL hasnt won a test in Australia,EVER.

Pakistan last won a test in Australia 20 years ago.

India won a test in 2008.

Its laughable when Pakistanis want to call Australia minnows for not playing well in Asia.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    Pakistan hasnt even won a test series in WI.Thats WI.

Look at your own record before pointing fingers at Australia or India.

And Australia have won plenty of series in Asia.While no Asian team has won a test series in Australia.Even drawing a test series is a rarity.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Pakistan hasnt even won a test series in WI.Thats WI.

Look at your own record before pointing fingers at Australia or India.

And Australia have won plenty of series in Asia.While no Asian team has won a test series in Australia.Even drawing a test series is a rarity.
    Winning in WI does not mean anything.

Don't bring in series wins of past Aussie teams. They were one of the best ever teams. Current team can't hold a candle to those teams. I'm sure nobody is claiming that Australia was always a test minnow team.

I can point my finger anywhere I want and specially at India who repeaditly lose despite fielding their best teams, once in a lifetime players.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Winning in WI does not mean anything.

Don't bring in series wins of past Aussie teams. They were one of the best ever teams. Current team can't hold a candle to those teams. I'm sure nobody is claiming that Australia was always a test minnow team.

I can point my finger anywhere I want and specially at India who repeaditly lose despite fielding their best teams, once in a lifetime players.
    Whereever Pakistan cant win it doesnt matter.

Aussies have won test series in Asia since 1950s to may be 5 years back.

Pakistan hasnt won a test in Australia since 1995 inspite of fielding 2Ws Saqlain Anwar Inzy etc etc.From 1995 to 2010 for 15 years Pakistan didnt even win a test versus Australia either homw or away.

And yes you can point your fingers and i can laugh at your delusions.

Oh btw last time Pakistan went to Australia the score was 13-0.White washed in tests ODIs and T20s. Have some humility if not then atleast some commonsense if not that some wisdom before taking potshots at Australia.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    There isn't a single team that's dominant right now.

Most are lions at home and kittens away. While others are just atrocious everywhere (i.e. WI).

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This must hurt.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Whitewashed in India
    Whitewashed in the UAE
    Beaten by the weakest Test team right now - SL
    Beaten in England

Will most probably be beaten by Bangladesh as well if they tour.

Are we seeing the rise of Bangladesh - and downfall of Australia?

I really miss the Australian team that was the most feared cricket team - Ponting, Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist, Lee.

They now have a bunch of batsmen who can't play any sort of swing, seam OR spin.
    Please Hawkeye, don't miss Australia. They Are still Number 1 team in the test cricket & Current Odi World Champ. They have won more World cups and More Tests series than any other test playing nation. Australia is Cricket powerhouse. Thank God that they are loosing for a change. Other teams need to win as well otherwise what's the point of playing against Australia...

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    which team atm not mediocre in alien conditions ??

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Another poor thread by Hawkeye

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    This must hurt.

Pakistan have never been no.1 and had the ICC test mace. Nothing to feel hurt about

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Every team is minnow out side their home.
    Except for Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    On the other hand we're capable of winning two tests in a series in England
    And we will win the series.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan have never been no.1 and had the ICC test mace. Nothing to feel hurt about
    We were in 1987, I think.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Whereever Pakistan cant win it doesnt matter.

Aussies have won test series in Asia since 1950s to may be 5 years back.

Pakistan hasnt won a test in Australia since 1995 inspite of fielding 2Ws Saqlain Anwar Inzy etc etc.From 1995 to 2010 for 15 years Pakistan didnt even win a test versus Australia either homw or away.

And yes you can point your fingers and i can laugh at your delusions.

Oh btw last time Pakistan went to Australia the score was 13-0.White washed in tests ODIs and T20s. Have some humility if not then atleast some commonsense if not that some wisdom before taking potshots at Australia.
    Take some comprehension lessons. I am talking about the current Aussie team and you are bringing up series wins from the 1950s and last decade.

As far as I remember in last 5 years Australia and Pakistan have played just 4 tests. 2 of them were in England. Both teams won each. Then Australia played 2 tests in the UAE and lost both. India on the other hand has not won a single away or neutral test vs Australia in the last 5 years. This is really embarassing for a team who was generally ranked higher than Pakistan in the last decade and had the services of one of the very best generation of cricketers.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am not sure why are Indian posters so hurt here. The current Australian team is just not good enough to win in Asian conditions.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    And we will win the series.
    Do that first before you start calling other teams minnows.

Though back on topic an actual minnow team is a team that even loses most of it's series at home - aka the current West Indies

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Do that first before you start calling other teams minnows.

Though back on topic an actual minnow team is a team that even loses most of it's series at home - aka the current West Indies
    I haven't called you a minnow.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Take some comprehension lessons. I am talking about the current Aussie team and you are bringing up series wins from the 1950s and last decade.

As far as I remember in last 5 years Australia and Pakistan have played just 4 tests. 2 of them were in England. Both teams won each. Then Australia played 2 tests in the UAE and lost both. India on the other hand has not won a single away or neutral test vs Australia in the last 5 years. This is really embarassing for a team who was generally ranked higher than Pakistan in the last decade and had the services of one of the very best generation of cricketers.
    We were also ranked number one Test team during the playing days of those cricketers. Has Pakistan ever reached that status before? You shouldnt be taking potshots at Australia when your own team got smashed by a minnow team like Zimbabwe.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let them have some fun till the Headingley test.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of fun in starting controversial threads.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I will bump this thread in Dec 2016.
    What will happen in Dec???

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of fun in starting controversial threads.
    And then sit back, eat popcorn and smile

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    And then sit back, eat popcorn and smile
    Most take the bait and you're right.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    We were also ranked number one Test team during the playing days of those cricketers. Has Pakistan ever reached that status before? You shouldnt be taking potshots at Australia when your own team got smashed by a minnow team like Zimbabwe.
    Lost just 1 test to Zimbabwe but did not get whitewashed in two countries.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lost just 1 test to Zimbabwe but did not get whitewashed in two countries.
    Sri Lanka 2014.
    South Africa 2013.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note that SL are arguably weaker than even Bangladesh, with their current lineup.
    Not so weak in SL

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What has last decade and the Indian players of that era got to do with the current Indian team not winning a test in Australia?

I can't get your point.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australian team is rubbish in Asian conditions but outside Asia conditions they are the best team out there. They have won in SA, NZ and WI while in England they won 2 games in last tour and are dominant in Australia. Just look at their home record. They have hardly lost a game there from a while except one win from SA at Perth two years back.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Always interesting to see a thread like this on a Pakistani forum, whose own team have lost 5 of their 7 Tests outside Asia in the last 4 years, including a loss in Zimbabwe.

Doesn't get worse than that.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Aren't they the number one Test team? Clearly that ranking has been earned?
    ICC clearly not paying attention to what's going on in test cricket. All wins are not equal... Everybody is home bully, and nobody wins abroad. This is not reflected in ranking system. Away wins are lot more difficult now than in past!! - Specially for Asians to win in west and western to win in Asia.

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    Historical record when you are comparing contemporary teams doesn't matter.

Nonetheless, you don't see many Indians championing their Test team as a world class one and the best team around the same way some of us do, and we take serious offense at the idea that Pakistan and India are at the same level in Tests at the moment, even though it's nothing but the fact.

Some folks are seriously deluded over the prospects of our Test team.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    ICC clearly not paying attention to what's going on in test cricket. All wins are not equal... Everybody is home bully, and nobody wins abroad. This is not reflected in ranking system. Away wins are lot more difficult now than in past!! - Specially for Asians to win in west and western to win in Asia.
    So how should the rankings be done and where would Australia sit with your version of the rankings. I only mention that because Australia have one of the best if not the best touring records.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nonetheless, you don't see many Indians championing their Test team as a world class one and the best team around the same way some of us do, and we take serious offense at the idea that Pakistan and India are at the same level in Tests at the moment, even though it's nothing but the fact.

I think it's because this is a Pakistani forum, so naturally fans will overrate anything related to the national team.
    Indian team will be overrated in the Indian forums.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The compulsion of some Pakistani fans to pass off the UAE "home" series as "neutral".

And we have never defeated Australia in a neutral series because we have never played a neutral series against Australia ever. And why should we? We have our own test grounds. We are not exiled due to our own botched policies.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
    The compulsion of some Pakistani fans to pass off the UAE "home" series as "neutral".

And we have never defeated Australia in a neutral series because we have never played a neutral series against Australia ever. And why should we? We have our own test grounds. We are not exiled due to our own botched policies.
    Pakistan beat Australia in a test match in England.

Owned!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What historical record?

India lost in England and NZ pretty recently with current set of players.

Australia lost in India and the UAE with the same team as well.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    What has last decade and the Indian players of that era got to do with the current Indian team not winning a test in Australia?

I can't get your point.
    Because a lot of Indian posters like Cricket Joshila bring up Pakistan's record in Australia. When was the last time Pakistan played a test in Australia and with which players?

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What historical record?

And how does that make Pakistan a better team in overseas? Their last trip to SA and Zim ended pretty embarrassingly. They were unable to win Test series against NZ, SA and SL when they last toured UAE. I believe Aus, Ind and Eng are the top test teams at the moment, followed by NZ, Pak and SA (in no particular order).

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    What historical record?

If Pakistan lose better than 3-1 in England and 2-0 in Australia, it can claim that its a better team than India.

However, India didn't get whitewashed in SA like we did, while both teams won in Sri Lanka.

Yes India beat SA at home while we couldn't, but I won't consider that since SA of 2015 is a much inferior team to SA of 2013.

Australia lost in India and the UAE but they won in SA and competed better than India in England. Australia struggle in Asia but outside Asia they are a quality team.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They are fast becoming like India of 90s. Lions at home, Lambs elsewhere

Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is ranked number 1 at the moment by the way?

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There was a time in 2001 when australia called their tour of india as the final frontier because they had won almost everywhere except india. They can't even say these things now. They managed to win michael clarke's debut test series in 2004 though.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Who is ranked number 1 at the moment by the way?
    Unfortunately its australia. Forget about winning a series in asia they can't even draw a test match here these days.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Australia did really well in that 1st test, and would've most-likely won it had it not been for that breathtaking innings by Mendis. They got a good team, so I would wait till the series is over to judge whether Australia are actually an ordinary test side that seems to only excel at home.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan lose better than 3-1 in England and 2-0 in Australia, it can claim that its a better team than India.

However, India didn't get whitewashed in SA like we did, while both teams won in Sri Lanka.

Yes India beat SA at home while we couldn't, but I won't consider that since SA of 2015 is a much inferior team to SA of 2013.

Australia lost in India and the UAE but they won in SA and competed better than India in England. Australia struggle in Asia but outside Asia they are a quality team.
    If India beat SA at home then Pakistan beat England at home which is even a bigger achievement. But let's not mention it.

India played just 2 tests in SA, lost second by ten wickets and in the first test, SA almost chased down 458 (ended up with 450/8). How was it not as bad as a whitewash that Pakistan suffered?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minnows in Asia, not everywhere.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If India beat SA at home then Pakistan beat England at home which is even a bigger achievement. But let's not mention it.

India played just 2 tests in SA, lost second by ten wickets and in the first test, SA almost chased down 458 (ended up with 450/8). How was it not as bad as a whitewash that Pakistan suffered?
    Because it wasn't a whitewash.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Because it wasn't a whitewash.
    You are right, it was not a whitewash but it was close to a whitewash.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You are right, it was not a whitewash but it was close to a whitewash.
    Nope. That's what end results tell you.

But the course of the series wasn't the same. Most teams which get whitewashed hardly get into dominating positions in the matches. Basically they get completely outplayed by the team which whitewashes them. That was hardly the case in that series. It was a competitive series that received good coverage outside India and South Africa and people were disappointed that the series was very short as it was turning out to be a well competed series (at that time, England were getting battered in Australia in a woefully one sided series).

India gave themselves a chance of winning that first test with the great batting performance and tbf, any decent bowling attack would've won that test. India basically bottled that win and ended up drawing it which they should have won. I wouldn't say that it was a one sided series as what happens generally in whitewashes (like India's tour of England in 2011).

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over the last four tours of SA,NZ,ENG,AUS, we won 1,drew 5 and lost 7, you have lost 4 and won 1
    Quite unfair to compare when you tour these countries every other year while Pakistan's sample size is spread over 5 years.

All subcontinent teams are bad touring sides while all other teams are bad touring sides of the subcontinent. Although, subcontinent sides have performed substantially better abroad than the other sides have in the subcontinent. Quite simple really.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And you folks did not believe me!

What a horror show.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to believe but this is the same ground where Bangladesh scored 638...Herath went 2-161 that day!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...ch/602472.html

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Hard to believe but this is the same ground where Bangladesh scored 638...Herath went 2-161 that day!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...ch/602472.html
    That probably wouldn't have been a rank turner.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hawkeye Maan gaye bhai!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That probably wouldn't have been a rank turner.
    SL scored 300 on this track, even their non-specialist bats scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    @Hawkeye Maan gaye bhai!
    Shukriya, shukria.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    SL scored 300 on this track, even their non-specialist bats scored.

Shukriya, shukria.
    I know, but comparing it with a match where 600 runs were scored in an innings is not the best analogy to a rank turner track.

Rank turner wickets deteriorate very much with time and Australia being not the best players of spin in the world, it's pretty much expected.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Australia getting exposed big time

Nobody from the current team can make it to the Aussie team of late 90s/early 2000s.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They are poor in Asian conditions they just don't have the batsmen with experience in Asian conditions for tests.. Other than that they are still a top team..

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know, but comparing it with a match where 600 runs were scored in an innings is not the best analogy to a rank turner track.

Rank turner wickets deteriorate very much with time and Australia being not the best players of spin in the world, it's pretty much expected.
    They would have scored 500 if they weren't awful at batting.

Nobody thinks this Srilankan lineup is good at batting.

If Pakistan or India batted on this surface, they would have scored 500 in first innings.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd expect Pakistan or India to get 400 on this track.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    They are poor in Asian conditions they just don't have the batsmen with experience in Asian conditions for tests.. Other than that they are still a top team..
    Why does not this logic work for subcontinent teams?

How many matches have Pakistani batsmen played in England?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What I'm reasonably sure of is that Khawaja is a rubbish batsman at the top level. Have never rated him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why does not this logic work for subcontinent teams?

How many matches have Pakistani batsmen played in England?
    I didn't get the point? It's the same with Asian batsmen too, they are pretty feeble outside Asia and are dominant at home.. No one would deny that.. That's why everyone rates good performance by Pakistani batsmen in England this series pretty highly..

If you get somewhat similar home like conditions a classy player like Kohli can hit 4 centuries in a row which is what separates him from others..

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Nobody serious has ever particularly rated this Australian side as that good at tests. It is at it's a core a two man batting team.

The pace attack has a very good claim as best in the world though

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    I didn't get the point? It's the same with Asian batsmen too, they are pretty feeble outside Asia and are dominant at home.. No one would deny that.. That's why everyone rates good performance by Pakistani batsmen in England this series pretty highly..

If you get somewhat similar home like conditions a classy player like Kohli can hit 4 centuries in a row which is what separates him from others..
    I was referring to the experience part of your post.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously?

They will destroy anyone on those hard tracks in Australia, South Africa and New Zealand. They got the bowlers and batsmen for it.

Problem in Asia is that they havent got a world class spinner and the batsmen lack batting temperament. They need to look at Misbah's video to learn to grind it out.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Minnows in Asia, not everywhere.
    Every team is a home track bully these days.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet the amount of sledging is down to a minimum......

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are just going under the re-building phase.

In 1-2 years, they will probably be deadly like before again.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anuk View Post
    this team is pretty bad. even indians drew a couple of games in australia last time. indians!
    Why are you so shocked? We are not talking about ultra minnows Sri lanka here.