Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junaid Khan 2.0

Results 1 to 80 of 136
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    785
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Junaid Khan 2.0

    Yes Junaid khan, who was so good at bowling yorkers, who destroyed Indian batting line up in 2012-13 which had KOHLI,rohit,yuvraj,etc...

    Yes we know he's no more the same bowler but can he come back

    Imagine junaid of 2012-13 opening the bowling with amir in England. ..

    Now he's selected in the NCA camp, 8 hope he impresses selectors somehow and a gets selected for the odi squad

    LOOK, I KNOW THE BATTING NEEDS TO IMPROVE...BUT BOWLERS ARE THE BACKBONE OF PAKISTAN...WE CAN WIN MATCHES BY OUR BOWLING...But not by batting bcoz we are Pakistan team, not INDIA..

    2011 semis we reached bcoz of bowling...With afridi being the leading wicket taker in the tournament

    2015 group matches we won by bowling mostly defending less tgan 250 scores...

    And yes now we have some decent batsmen upcoming babar,haris,saud...if they can get 270+ scores then we need our bowlers to step up...

    Our 4 seamers shud be

    8.H Ali/A Butt(as we need R arm bowler and who can bat)
    9.W Riaz(No other way bcoz if we leav wahab we hav back ups as Anwar,Rahat,Sohail..at least wahab can bowl good pace and HIT a Few)
    10.M Amir
    11.J Khan(This is were we are lacking bowler to partner Amir, if he junaid can regain his rhythm as he'll get some support from pitch as well then our bowling will be quite decent)

    Lets hope Junaid khan 2.0 gets selected and we see him in green once again

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    897
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved junaid khan and I really hope he makes a comeback. Honestly he was always underrated. Even if you compare him with amir who played all of his test series abroad apart from one in dubai against new Zealand junaid khan played almost all of his cricket in dubai excluding a tour if South Africa. The figures junaid khan had for a bowler playing in dubai were amazing to say the least and had he been the same bowler he would be the perfect partner for amir.

    His thin physique coupled with unfortunate events made him susceptible to injury and the injury he had while playing on a wet ground just before the world cup was the biggest blow of his career. I feel so bad for him. It was highly irresponsible of the board.

    I hope he has worked hard on his fitness and bowling especially his pace so that he could make a comeback in the odi squad. He's a much better bowler the Riaz and well Rahat is not an odi bowler to start with.

    Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk


    I think Ahmed Shehzad has more talent than Sachin Tendulkar ever had
    -Razzaq

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,546
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Junaid Khan is Umar Gul v2. Though Gul at his peak was a yorker specialist in T20s.

    In other words - gun barrel straight bowler, 130kph-135kph, at times will get seam movement, no swing.

    Was good at the death however, but his knees are finished.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    2,855
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junaid is a very good bowler and very underrated in this forum. I rate him more than Wahab and Rahat Ali.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,546
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian_Supporter View Post
    Junaid is a very good bowler and very underrated in this forum. I rate him more than Wahab and Rahat Ali.
    Anyone's better than Wahab.

    But, Rahat is a level above both. He can swing the ball, reverse it as well, seam it. Junaid can only reverse IF in rhythm.

    Junaid also had a bit better control. Overall Rahat is a better wicket-taker.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,568
    Mentioned
    3435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Junaid never had the ability to swing the new ball (he seamed the ball in India), that alone renders him useless in Test cricket in England.

    He relies heavily on reverse-swing and can seam the ball around at times.

    After his injury, he lost his pace which has made him ineffective with the old ball and if you bowl in the mid 130's with the new ball without any swing, you will get hammered.

    Most importantly though, Junaid 2.0 is a chucker. If he bowls in international cricket with his PSL action, it won't be a matter of time before he gets reported.

    Unless he regains his pace + fixes his action in the newly setup biomechanical lab, he should not be considered for selection.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    2,855
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Anyone's better than Wahab.

    But, Rahat is a level above both. He can swing the ball, reverse it as well, seam it. Junaid can only reverse IF in rhythm.

    Junaid also had a bit better control. Overall Rahat is a better wicket-taker.
    In all fairness, Junaid yet to play a test in swing friendly conditions like Eng isnt it? So we are not sure yet if he can swing or not

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,650
    Mentioned
    2021 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Well, talked lots about JK, so let's see what can he do in Camp.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    7,792
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My favorite bowler among the current crop that's representing Pakistan at the moment. Junaid, IK 2.0 and Amir would have been my 3 picks for this English tour.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    785
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we can only hope, and also I want to know that when he was ur best bowler(if u look at stats in tests his were a step ahead than amir) then why didn't PCB help him in regaining his form..

    They helped ajmal, but why not junaid..u cant leav ur leading bolwer to do all on his own...look how BCB is treating Fizz....

    And also we need to get one good bowling coach mushtaq ,mehmood are not t answers

    I want this to be the 5 seamers for CT 2017

    1.Amir
    2.Wahab
    3.Junaid
    4.Hasan/Amad
    5.Rahat/Sohail/Irfan/Zia/Sadaf

    Pls no more anwar,bhatti,gul,tanvir etc

    As for Yamin is concerned we can take him as batting all rounder who can bowl 5-6 overs at max...and who can bat at 5-7 not below that...we can never ask him to bowl 10 overs then he'll end up with figures of 10-87-1..and also he'll be less in confidence for batting

    He should improve his batting to play in top 7 and also improve his bowling to bowl 6 overs...

    As for bowling all rounders we can groom either hasan or amad

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    My favorite bowler among the current crop that's representing Pakistan at the moment. Junaid, IK 2.0 and Amir would have been my 3 picks for this English tour.
    Sure you don't want one of Bhuvi, Ishant, Shami or Yadav?

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,568
    Mentioned
    3435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    PCB helped Chucker because our spin resources were depleted and they didn't expect Yasir to step up so quickly.

    Junaid's case was different. We already had Rahat and Wahab outperforming Junaid and PCB were also busy with bringing Baby Fixer back, so Junaid was considered a disposable article.

    In ODIs, Lambu has also done better than Junaid in the last couple of years and he gets a lot of sympathy votes as well, so that's another door closed.

    However, Wahab has been exposed badly lately and that his given Junaid a new lifeline, provided that he increased his pace and stops chucking.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    7,792
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Sure you don't want one of Bhuvi, Ishant, Shami or Yadav?
    Ok, I won't lie now....2 days ago for the first time in my life (and I can't believe I am confessing to this ) I Youtubed and watched highlights for BK. Was surprised of how good he is with a new cherry. The only limitations I think he has at the moment are probably that extra yard of pace a pace bowler needs to hustle a batsmen and skill with a semi old ball i.e. reverse swing etc.

    Other than that he's a very decent new ball bowler. A bowling Partnership of BeeKay and Juni could be a mouth watering contest - Yar come on yar make them IPL teams select Pak players, we're missing out on so much

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    36,845
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian_Supporter View Post
    In all fairness, Junaid yet to play a test in swing friendly conditions like Eng isnt it? So we are not sure yet if he can swing or not

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    He played a test or two in south Africa where there was plenty of swing and seam available , couldn't do much.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    2,801
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Sure you don't want one of Bhuvi, Ishant, Shami or Yadav?
    Give me Bhuvi over any other Asian pacer for the English season.


    zindagi tu hi mukhtasir ho ja, shab e gham mukhtasur nahi hoti

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,568
    Mentioned
    3435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    B. Kumar is far better than any current Pakistani pacer as far as bowling with the new ball is concerned.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    785
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, Wahab has been exposed badly lately and that his given Junaid a new lifeline, provided that he increased his pace and stops chucking.[/QUOTE]

    Yes, I agree with this...Wahab is exposed now...also considering the selector being inzi he wont turn to anwar,bhatti,gul and tanvir...

    So experienced bowlers left are Irfan,Junaid,Rahat and Sohail

    Rahat isn't ODI bowler so it brings down to Irfan, Junaid and Sohail...

    Irfan is not gonna be wit u for long time. .hence junaid and sohail left...

    Sohail is just a visitor he comes ine series and leaves for a year and also age is not on his side

    Hence ther is high possibility tat Junaid 2.0 can come back and if he does, then there are 2 major questions to be answered

    1.Will his action be legal?(a Pakistani bolwer)
    2.Will he be at least effective than Rahat and Wahab to be selected..?

    And personally to answer these 2 questions

    1.He will be reported if he bowls well if not he wont get reported
    2.I think he will be effective than Rahat and Wahab IA...bcoz both have been a total disgrace recently

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,008
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    He's not the same bowler he was pre-injury. The pace and venom is gone.

    He'll have to adjust his game and work around the injury. Can he do it? Well, he has time on his side so that's a positive but this is looking like Umar Gul 2.0.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,568
    Mentioned
    3435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazleefridi View Post

    Yes, I agree with this...Wahab is exposed now...also considering the selector being inzi he wont turn to anwar,bhatti,gul and tanvir...

    So experienced bowlers left are Irfan,Junaid,Rahat and Sohail

    Rahat isn't ODI bowler so it brings down to Irfan, Junaid and Sohail...

    Irfan is not gonna be wit u for long time. .hence junaid and sohail left...

    Sohail is just a visitor he comes ine series and leaves for a year and also age is not on his side

    Hence ther is high possibility tat Junaid 2.0 can come back and if he does, then there are 2 major questions to be answered

    1.Will his action be legal?(a Pakistani bolwer)
    2.Will he be at least effective than Rahat and Wahab to be selected..?

    And personally to answer these 2 questions

    1.He will be reported if he bowls well if not he wont get reported
    2.I think he will be effective than Rahat and Wahab IA...bcoz both have been a total disgrace recently
    Both questions are difficult to answer.

    Firstly, it's been months since PSL, so we don't know how Junaid's action is right now.

    However, if it is still the same, he will get reported, whether he bowls well or not.

    Secondly, Wahab and Rahat have been poor for a while but they have still managed to outperform Junaid.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    785
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry bro I will disagree with ur second point partially. ..

    Yes Wahab can be better than him...CAN BE

    But Rahat he's certainly not an ODI bolwer...we have seen him how SL batsmen were taking him all over the ground...poor fellow leave of taking wickets...he cant even control runs...coz he is not consistent with his length especially

    Recently we have seen ...even in tests he was bowling rubbish at times and getting hit for atleas a boundary in an over

    So yes Wahab can be better than junaid 2.0 but rahat cant be in ODI

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    2,801
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazleefridi View Post
    Sorry bro I will disagree with ur second point partially. ..

    Yes Wahab can be better than him...CAN BE

    But Rahat he's certainly not an ODI bolwer...we have seen him how SL batsmen were taking him all over the ground...poor fellow leave of taking wickets...he cant even control runs...coz he is not consistent with his length especially

    Recently we have seen ...even in tests he was bowling rubbish at times and getting hit for atleas a boundary in an over

    So yes Wahab can be better than junaid 2.0 but rahat cant be in ODI
    There was nothing wrong with the Junaid 1.0 in all honesty. Let's get him back rather than the impostor who has been donning his face lately.


    zindagi tu hi mukhtasir ho ja, shab e gham mukhtasur nahi hoti

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    23,221
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    PCB helped Chucker because our spin resources were depleted and they didn't expect Yasir to step up so quickly.

    Junaid's case was different. We already had Rahat and Wahab outperforming Junaid and PCB were also busy with bringing Baby Fixer back, so Junaid was considered a disposable article.

    In ODIs, Lambu has also done better than Junaid in the last couple of years and he gets a lot of sympathy votes as well, so that's another door closed.

    However, Wahab has been exposed badly lately and that his given Junaid a new lifeline, provided that he increased his pace and stops chucking.
    Lols, If I increase my pace and my bounce I would be very dangerous..


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,650
    Mentioned
    2021 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Ok, I won't lie now....2 days ago for the first time in my life (and I can't believe I am confessing to this ) I Youtubed and watched highlights for BK. Was surprised of how good he is with a new cherry. The only limitations I think he has at the moment are probably that extra yard of pace a pace bowler needs to hustle a batsmen and skill with a semi old ball i.e. reverse swing etc.

    Other than that he's a very decent new ball bowler. A bowling Partnership of BeeKay and Juni could be a mouth watering contest - Yar come on yar make them IPL teams select Pak players, we're missing out on so much
    Wrong, he WAS good, he isn't now. Long injury ruined him and still he need to find his rhythm back, as far i have seen after his injury he is just an other Indian bowler who faded away after a good start.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,650
    Mentioned
    2021 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Sure you don't want one of Bhuvi, Ishant, Shami or Yadav?
    No idea why you brought this, but Shami >>>>>> All asian pacers, and Bhuvi is worst among all.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    7,792
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Wrong, he WAS good, he isn't now. Long injury ruined him and still he need to find his rhythm back, as far i have seen after his injury he is just an other Indian bowler who faded away after a good start.
    Dil per Kyun Lay raha hay Yar Roary Meinay bhi sirf YouTube per highlights hi dhekhien thi larkay.

    I don't know about his current form though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,650
    Mentioned
    2021 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Dil per Kyun Lay raha hay Yar Roary Meinay bhi sirf YouTube per highlights hi dhekhien thi larkay.

    I don't know about his current form though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No i hate double standards of some people. According to them Junaid is a chucker, but if some one calls Ashwin a chucker, then they start crying and yelling umpires didn't report it bla bla bla and some people are jealous.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    9,950
    Mentioned
    1106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian_Supporter View Post
    In all fairness, Junaid yet to play a test in swing friendly conditions like Eng isnt it? So we are not sure yet if he can swing or not

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    He played for Lancashire against Middlesex in the relegation play-off 2 years ago, in England, and was totally useless.

    18-4-63-0 in the first innings
    29-7-84-3 in the second innings

    Basically he is too short to be a quick bowler and he is not quick enough either.

    As @Mamoon notes, for the last 15 months he has been blatantly chucking, but in doing so he has lost his control too.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,568
    Mentioned
    3435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Lols, If I increase my pace and my bounce I would be very dangerous..
    Which means that in other words, he's a lost cause.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    976
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still junaid is better than all our fast bowlers except amir...
    If he is not selected in ODIs it would be injustice...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    786
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    After that awful injury he is finished

    I think Pak should move on and invest in others (deserving ones).

    He bowled some awesome spells in India/SL/UAE but I don't see him coming back 100%. And right now, Pakistan can't afford less than 100% from any bowler.


    We don't pray for love, we just pray for cars

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Ok, I won't lie now....2 days ago for the first time in my life (and I can't believe I am confessing to this ) I Youtubed and watched highlights for BK. Was surprised of how good he is with a new cherry. The only limitations I think he has at the moment are probably that extra yard of pace a pace bowler needs to hustle a batsmen and skill with a semi old ball i.e. reverse swing etc.

    Other than that he's a very decent new ball bowler. A bowling Partnership of BeeKay and Juni could be a mouth watering contest - Yar come on yar make them IPL teams select Pak players, we're missing out on so much
    No shame he he, I also catch highlights of Pakistan innings from time to time.

    I'm not trying to overrate him. But he is a really good new ball bowler who can swing the ball up front. But his drawback is that, he mostly operates in 130-140ks and so will be useless if batsmen see off his new ball spell in Asia. He will be utterly useless on the flat tracks of Australia but will be a very good bowler in England, New Zealand and generally in conditions assisting swing and seam. Because of his lack of pace, he has gone down the pecking order in the Indian bowling attack. But was very good in our last tour to England and was the man of the series for our side iirc. I think he has a better future in LOIs though.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    No idea why you brought this, but Shami >>>>>> All asian pacers, and Bhuvi is worst among all.
    I brought that because me and waqas were having a conversation about Bhuvi in his thread before the start of the Eng-Pak series when he was saying that Indian pacers are not fit enough to tie the shoelaces of Pak pacers and that the latter belong to a different league.

    I would say that BK is a bit better than Yadav though.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    No i hate double standards of some people. According to them Junaid is a chucker, but if some one calls Ashwin a chucker, then they start crying and yelling umpires didn't report it bla bla bla and some people are jealous.
    The key difference is that I have not seen a single Indian accusing Junaid of being a chucker here, but plenty of Pakistanis doing so with regards to Ashwin (especially after every match he performs well).

  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,296
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rubbish bowler. Chucks on top. Get over him.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,638
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to PP, Tamim Iqbal.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,546
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian_Supporter View Post
    In all fairness, Junaid yet to play a test in swing friendly conditions like Eng isnt it? So we are not sure yet if he can swing or not

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Was our worst bowler in Champions Trophy too where everyone was swinging the ball miles in England.

    Gun barrel straight.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,599
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am with the people who say he had a kink in his action, rectified it and lost his zip and seam/swing as a result of the change


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,599
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    No i hate double standards of some people. According to them Junaid is a chucker, but if some one calls Ashwin a chucker, then they start crying and yelling umpires didn't report it bla bla bla and some people are jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    The key difference is that I have not seen a single Indian accusing Junaid of being a chucker here, but plenty of Pakistanis doing so with regards to Ashwin (especially after every match he performs well).
    I just accused him of chucking formerly, does that make me bad?


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  39. #39
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    I just accused him of chucking formerly, does that make me bad?
    No, everyone is entitled to an opinion. But to keep saying that one cheats his way to wickets with no proof will make one a whiner.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,650
    Mentioned
    2021 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    I brought that because me and waqas were having a conversation about Bhuvi in his thread before the start of the Eng-Pak series when he was saying that Indian pacers are not fit enough to tie the shoelaces of Pak pacers and that the latter belong to a different league.

    I would say that BK is a bit better than Yadav though.
    Though i believe if some great bowler work with Yadav, give him some attention and teach him how to use brain while bowling, trust me he will become the best Asian Test pacer. He is being wasted tbh, some like we have wasted many bowlers before.

    He has all ingredients, just need a good cook to cook a spicy Biryani


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,650
    Mentioned
    2021 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    I just accused him of chucking formerly, does that make me bad?
    Haha hell no bro, i wasn't even referring to you honestly. Because you don't whine if some one call Ashwin a chucker, you try to debate with them, so it's not a problem if you say that "I think Junni chucks or his action isn't clear e.t.c e.t.c"

    But there some others, who aren't like you. I wish they become like you btw.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    11,237
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Though i believe if some great bowler work with Yadav, give him some attention and teach him how to use brain while bowling, trust me he will become the best Asian Test pacer. He is being wasted tbh, some like we have wasted many bowlers before.

    He has all ingredients, just need a good cook to cook a spicy Biryani
    Agree on Yadav. He has something. I like him as a bowler

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Though i believe if some great bowler work with Yadav, give him some attention and teach him how to use brain while bowling, trust me he will become the best Asian Test pacer. He is being wasted tbh, some like we have wasted many bowlers before.

    He has all ingredients, just need a good cook to cook a spicy Biryani
    He has got pace, has a good outswinger, reverses the old ball. But his trouble has always been his accuracy. He can be dangerous if he can consistently bowl in the good area instead of spraying it around.

    I'm a huge Dhoni fan but one thing I dislike about him is that he never backed pacers. The thing is, a few pacers start with poor accuracy and only pace but can improve with experience. Steyn once told in an interview that his coach asked him to just bowl fast and not to worry about accuracy and told that he will gradually get it with experience (of course, just using as an example. Not making a comparison). Kohli atleast backs the pacers and wicket takers and that's why Bhuvi and Jaddu are not getting a game nowadays.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,650
    Mentioned
    2021 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    He has got pace, has a good outswinger, reverses the old ball. But his trouble has always been his accuracy. He can be dangerous if he can consistently bowl in the good area instead of spraying it around.

    I'm a huge Dhoni fan but one thing I dislike about him is that he never backed pacers. The thing is, a few pacers start with poor accuracy and only pace but can improve with experience. Steyn once told in an interview that his coach asked him to just bowl fast and not to worry about accuracy and told that he will gradually get it with experience (of course, just using as an example. Not making a comparison). Kohli atleast backs the pacers and wicket takers and that's why Bhuvi and Jaddu are not getting a game nowadays.
    I heard it from Steyn in an interview given to some Indian channel, and he said that when i started my career, i was mad, i only knew one thing and that is bowl fast and my coach told me the same thing.

    And you are right he was backed by his captain, management and he got help from his former good bowlers so he improved and became modern ATG.

    Unfortunately Ummy bhai hasn't such luxuries bit like Rahat Ali. Has every type of skills but consistent. I hope they both learn some thing, or they should ask guidance from some good former bowlers, and definitely can become very very good prospect for their teams.

    And Dhoni he was always poor regarding pacers and also his biased love and hate towards some players (Am not sure it's true or not, but that's what i have heard).


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    19,545
    Mentioned
    566 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    B.Kumar has/had the potential to be the best pacer of the world if he bowled at around 140-145 with the kind of swing he gets.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    19,545
    Mentioned
    566 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Junaid Khan is pretty much finished. Even during the Pakistan Cup he wasn't really impressive and was dropped by his side for Hasan Ali.

    I wonder somebody can regress to such an extent.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,292
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    B.Kumar has/had the potential to be the best pacer of the world if he bowled at around 140-145 with the kind of swing he gets.
    Every swing bowler has potential if they bowl 90mph. But BK will never bowl that fast. Not everybody can become fast like Imran.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Junaid Khan had an injury but why did he fall completely of the map? Was it some structural injury like a ACL/MCL?
    He went from bowling between 85-90mph to a non-threatening 80-83mph.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    B.Kumar has/had the potential to be the best pacer of the world if he bowled at around 140-145 with the kind of swing he gets.
    Lol that's too much hype.

    The reason he is able to swing the ball is because of his below 140 pace. If he bowled in the 145+ speeds, he wouldn't be able to swing the ball. That is why Anderson never tries to bowl too fast.

    Very few bowlers can actually bowl consistently at 145k+ speeds and swing it, which is why the likes of Steyn, Amir, Starc are special.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,890
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Junaid Khan is Umar Gul v2. Though Gul at his peak was a yorker specialist in T20s.

    In other words - gun barrel straight bowler, 130kph-135kph, at times will get seam movement, no swing.

    Was good at the death however, but his knees are finished.
    If his knees are finished, then why he got called up to the NCA? Lol.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,890
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Anyone's better than Wahab.

    But, Rahat is a level above both. He can swing the ball, reverse it as well, seam it. Junaid can only reverse IF in rhythm.

    Junaid also had a bit better control. Overall Rahat is a better wicket-taker.
    Rahat Ali has everything but application.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Haha hell no bro, i wasn't even referring to you honestly. Because you don't whine if some one call Ashwin a chucker, you try to debate with them, so it's not a problem if you say that "I think Junni chucks or his action isn't clear e.t.c e.t.c"

    But there some others, who aren't like you. I wish they become like you btw.
    Frankly a lot of guys have gotten tired of explaining to guys coming with static photoshopped pics of his bowling time and again. @sensible-indian-fan doesn't even try nowadays

    And tbh, when people create threads like does Ravi Ashwin chuck exactly the day on which he gets a 7fer, it does seem like a case of sour grapes more than anything else.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,890
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Junaid never had the ability to swing the new ball (he seamed the ball in India), that alone renders him useless in Test cricket in England.

    He relies heavily on reverse-swing and can seam the ball around at times.

    After his injury, he lost his pace which has made him ineffective with the old ball and if you bowl in the mid 130's with the new ball without any swing, you will get hammered.

    Most importantly though, Junaid 2.0 is a chucker. If he bowls in international cricket with his PSL action, it won't be a matter of time before he gets reported.

    Unless he regains his pace + fixes his action in the newly setup biomechanical lab, he should not be considered for selection.
    He is not a chucker, officially.
    Last edited by The Last Of The Stars; 31st July 2016 at 17:03.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,890
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Frankly a lot of guys have gotten tired of explaining to guys coming with static photoshopped pics of his bowling time and again. @sensible-indian-fan doesn't even try nowadays

    And tbh, when people create threads like does Ravi Ashwin chuck exactly the day on which he gets a 7fer, it does seem like a case of sour grapes more than anything else.
    He should be reported though.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    785
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro we cant say much with naked eye...some actions do look awkward but its not necessary to be illegal, for instance, bumrah and tat bangladeshi pacer(i don't remember his name)....

    So unless its reported we cant say it's illegal. ..

    I can accept Junaid on any given day compared to anwar,bhatti,tanvir,gul and rahat in ODI

    Yes we do have some good upcoming bowlers in zia,hasan and amad as all rounder....

    Apart from these we need to have Wahab, Junaid and Irfan(No other way we can leave these 3 as they are far better than the bowlers mentioned I.e, gul,tanvir,anwar,rahat)

  56. #56
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    7,792
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Junaid Khan is pretty much finished. Even during the Pakistan Cup he wasn't really impressive and was dropped by his side for Hasan Ali.

    I wonder somebody can regress to such an extent.
    Nasir Jameshed ?? The guy pretty much forgot how to hold a bat

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    785
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like junaid is working hard at NCA...may ALLAAH help him

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    761
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was my favourite player for a while, I have a soft spot for this guy hope he makes a comeback

    Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    6,379
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I really liked Junaid Khan and always loved the way he bowled. I do hope he makes it back into the team and reaps rewards after all the hard work.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    402
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just loved Junaid his agression and the way he celebrated a wicket.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    785
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard work pays IA...we hope junaid should be selected for the ODI squad. ..our 5 seamers has to be

    1.Amir
    2.Wahab
    3.Junaid
    4.Rahat
    5.Sohail

    We need Hassan and Amad butt but we cant debut him against England...If they get attacked by hales,roy, root and buttler then their confidence might go down...so we can bring them for WI series

  62. #62
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,730
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana View Post
    Still junaid is better than all our fast bowlers except amir...
    If he is not selected in ODIs it would be injustice...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nah.

    sadaf(odi/test), hali (odi/est), (sohailk odi), mhamza (test), (taj wali odi)....

  63. #63
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,730
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazleefridi View Post
    Bro we cant say much with naked eye...some actions do look awkward but its not necessary to be illegal, for instance, bumrah and tat bangladeshi pacer(i don't remember his name)....

    So unless its reported we cant say it's illegal. ..

    I can accept Junaid on any given day compared to anwar,bhatti,tanvir,gul and rahat in ODI

    Yes we do have some good upcoming bowlers in zia,hasan and amad as all rounder....

    Apart from these we need to have Wahab, Junaid and Irfan(No other way we can leave these 3 as they are far better than the bowlers mentioned I.e, gul,tanvir,anwar,rahat)
    you are comparing compost to garbage. time to look for green shoots. many bowlers have been
    outperforming junaid and irfan amd wahab and rahat in domestics for years - why do we settle for
    second best?

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    312
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since he removed his jump from run-up he looks just like a straight bowler. I remember dhoni hit him for boundaries in....I forgot the match but dhoni was not out till end I remember. Junaid was bowling from around the wicket dead straight at wicket fuller length.

    Sent from my H30-U10 using Tapatalk


    May your choices reflect your hope not your fears.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    785
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    you are comparing compost to garbage. time to look for green shoots. many bowlers have been
    outperforming junaid and irfan amd wahab and rahat in domestics for years - why do we settle for
    second best?
    Yes there are as I had mentioned earlier lik zia,hasan and amad as all rounder...but knowing PCB the question is WILL THEY SELECT THEM.tats y I will settle down wit ,junaid and Irfan and rahat over tanvir gul and anwar on any given day

  66. #66
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    5,781
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still young give him a couple of years in FC cricket he will come back a stronger bowler.


    And if never comes back then i guess Junaid Khan and Mo Irfan will always be remembered as the guys who ended Shewag and Chambers international careers in their own back yards

  67. #67
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    5,781
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant Shewag and Ghambir's **

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    785
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like he might get a green signal for LOIs against WI, if not against AUSTRALIA ..

    Hope he comes back as a better bowler... HOPE

  69. #69
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    3,770
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fazleefridi View Post
    It looks like he might get a green signal for LOIs against WI, if not against AUSTRALIA ..

    Hope he comes back as a better bowler... HOPE
    Should definitely play LOIs and can potentially be brought back into the test team as well against WI, good conditions for seamers.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    8,971
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Instead of Junaid 2.0 he has become Junaid -2.0.

    Has regressed and a shadow of his 2011- mid 2013 self.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    7,985
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  junaid khan.jpg
Views: 1073
Size:  31.8 KB

  72. #72
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,035
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Should definitely play LOIs and can potentially be brought back into the test team as well against WI, good conditions for seamers.
    The Carribean is one of the worst places to bowl as a fast bowler...

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,599
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    The Carribean is one of the worst places to bowl as a fast bowler...
    The last series India had, wickets were mostly bowler friendly, Bhuvi took a 5-fer albeit that was tests


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  74. #74
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    NY
    Runs
    2,007
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Junaid is finished, whatever wickets he's getting in tamasha league is on very ordinary deliveries

  75. #75
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,035
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    The last series India had, wickets were mostly bowler friendly, Bhuvi took a 5-fer albeit that was tests
    The odd wicket may assist the seamers but generally the wickets are flat and don't offer much bounce either.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,546
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Name:  junaid khan.jpg
Views: 1073
Size:  31.8 KB
    Doesn't mean much. Wasim hypes up anyone. Even Wahab.

    Junaid is finished (wasn't much there to begin with tbh).


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    3,770
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    The Carribean is one of the worst places to bowl as a fast bowler...
    SG balls, the new ball was doing quite a bit vs India. Use the new ball properly and you'll get rewarded.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  78. #78
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,035
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    SG balls, the new ball was doing quite a bit vs India. Use the new ball properly and you'll get rewarded.
    Junaid would most likely be bowling first change, considering his inability to swing the ball.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    25,486
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He'll be back with a vengeance soon enough. Only 26 years of age.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  80. #80
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    3,770
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Junaid would most likely be bowling first change, considering his inability to swing the ball.
    That's ok, the ball will be 8-10 overs old, still pretty new.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •