Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    640
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Potential of a player

    Ok guys I have a query since this forum has a lot of intelligent posters.

    I have a nephew who's just started playing club cricket in islamabad 2 weeks ago.
    He's 17 years old, already 6"3 and and very skinny.

    During the trail for the club he was clocked at 127 kph.

    Took 5-20 in his debut with 4 clean bowled.

    Is 127kph a good speed to be clocking at his age?

    @MMHS@Talentspotterpk@Pacesensation@Akher

    Replies would be much appreciated

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    8,976
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I wish him luck bro. Have aspirations of my own and understand the road ahead requires a lot of hardwork.

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    4,818
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When did he start playing cricket? Is he athletic?

    Can you post a video of him bowling?


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,004
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Ok guys I have a query since this forum has a lot of intelligent posters.

    I have a nephew who's just started playing club cricket in islamabad 2 weeks ago.
    He's 17 years old, already 6"3 and and very skinny.

    During the trail for the club he was clocked at 127 kph.

    Took 5-20 in his debut with 4 clean bowled.

    Is 127kph a good speed to be clocking at his age?

    @MMHS@Talentspotterpk@Pacesensation@Akher

    Replies would be much appreciated



    Yes He has Potential surely.


    He has Got the height. He has shown his Potential in First Club Match.


    Height is a huge Advantage in his Case.


    Ask him not to do Any Wings, Shoulder or Chest Body Building Exercise for Next 1 year atleast.


    He Should Do Regular Swimming and Running for 1 Year. Take Optimum Proteins and work hard on strengthening his Legs.



    Is there any qualified coach or human body movements/biomechanists expert who could look after his action and make it biomechanically efficient and fine tune it ?


    What is his ability of Landing the ball at his targets ?



    Since he bowled 4 batsman does he seam the ball or he swings it or he beat junior players with pace ?



    Is It Islamabad Pakistan or Islamabad London ?



    When 26-27 years old Mohammad Irfan first Reported at NCA his fastest ball recorded at that time in Aqib's presence was 126kph. After 1 week training it became 128kph. Than after 2 months training under Aqib Javed it became 137 kph and he made debut for KRL in his first Fc season. 4 years Later in 2013 the Same Irfan who was now 30-31 years old Clocked 151.7 kph in South Africa and was Left Arm Fast consistently bowling above 142 kph.



    When Wahab first time opted for Fast Bowling He recorded 110 ,115 kph on Speed Gun and He was dejected and everyone out there ruled him out. Same Wahab Clocked 154.5 kph. You have to check what his age was when he clocked 110 , 115 kph.



    Has Your Nephew got Punjabi Roots ?


    It's all about Hard Work, Passion, Commitment and Right Training.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    640
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    When did he start playing cricket? Is he athletic?

    Can you post a video of him bowling?
    No videos of at the moment although I have asked him to send me some.

    He's been playing cricket since he was like 5-6, but only started playing hardball a few weeks ago.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    640
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    I wish him luck bro. Have aspirations of my own and understand the road ahead requires a lot of hardwork.
    Thanks bro

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    4,818
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    No videos of at the moment although I have asked him to send me some.

    He's been playing cricket since he was like 5-6, but only started playing hardball a few weeks ago.
    Okay, that's not bad pace then. Won't make any further comments without watching him bowl.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    640
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Yes He has Potential surely.


    He has Got the height. He has shown his Potential in First Club Match.


    Height is a huge Advantage in his Case.


    Ask him not to do Any Wings, Shoulder or Chest Body Building Exercise for Next 1 year atleast.


    He Should Do Regular Swimming and Running for 1 Year. Take Optimum Proteins and work hard on strengthening his Legs.



    Is there any qualified coach or human body movements/biomechanists expert who could look after his action and make it biomechanically efficient and fine tune it ?


    What is his ability of Landing the ball at his targets ?



    Since he bowled 4 batsman does he seam the ball or he swings it or he beat junior players with pace ?



    Is It Islamabad Pakistan or Islamabad London ?



    When 26-27 years old Mohammad Irfan first Reported at NCA his fastest ball recorded at that time in Aqib's presence was 126kph. After 1 week training it became 128kph. Than after 2 months training under Aqib Javed it became 137 kph and he made debut for KRL in his first Fc season. 4 years Later in 2013 the Same Irfan who was now 30-31 years old Clocked 151.7 kph in South Africa and was Left Arm Fast consistently bowling above 142 kph.



    When Wahab first time opted for Fast Bowling He recorded 110 ,115 kph on Speed Gun and He was dejected and everyone out there ruled him out. Same Wahab Clocked 154.5 kph. You have to check what his age was when he clocked 110 , 115 kph.



    Has Your Nephew got Punjabi Roots ?


    It's all about Hard Work, Passion, Commitment and Right Training.
    Islamabad Pakistan.

    I just spoke with him for a few minutes.
    Didn't actually get into too much detailed questions.

    Since joining the club he has been doing a lot of running he mentioned and also the club have asked him to change his diet.

    I don't know too much about how he's bowling with the hardball, iv always played with him with the tennis ball.

    The wickets were in a first team game.

    We're from the same area as Mohammed Amir.

    I know people think there's no talent in Pakistan but he also mentioned a 20yr old fellow fast bowler who was clocked at 135kph.

    All this without any coaching or training.
    Last edited by Finisher; 16th August 2016 at 23:41.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,004
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Islamabad Pakistan.

    I just spoke with him for a few minutes.
    Didn't actually get into too much detailed questions.

    Since joining the club he has been doing a lot of running he mentioned and also the club have asked him to change his diet.

    I don't know too much about how he's bowling with the hardball, iv always played with him with the tennis ball.

    The wickets were in a first team game.

    We're from the same area as Mohammed Amir.

    I know people think there's no talent in Pakistan but he also mentioned a 20yr old fellow fast bowler who was clocked at 135kph.

    All this without any coaching or training.

    This belt has a history of producing pace bowlers so he will gain pace inshaAllah.


    Since you know him and He is your relative that too close One so I have a Tip.


    If you do not want to ruin his Career than Never Ever Upload his Video on any Online forum.


    When a 3rd party does than its different and people have No Agendas. But Once You do it than People will intensionally Look Down Upon the Kid and will Put him off giving negative comments, will troll and will start Chaska-Ism.


    So Just Take Advise of People who you think are learned enough but never post a Video it would only be Destructive especially on Desi Forum or Forums.



    Just an advice. Choice is Totally Yours.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    640
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    This belt has a history of producing pace bowlers so he will gain pace inshaAllah.


    Since you know him and He is your relative that too close One so I have a Tip.


    If you do not want to ruin his Career than Never Ever Upload his Video on any Online forum.


    When a 3rd party does than its different and people have No Agendas. But Once You do it than People will intensionally Look Down Upon the Kid and will Put him off giving negative comments, will troll and will start Chaska-Ism.


    So Just Take Advise of People who you think are learned enough but never post a Video it would only be Destructive especially on Desi Forum or Forums.



    Just an advice. Choice is Totally Yours.
    Thanks for the advice brother

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    12,940
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He will only make it to the top if he truly wants it and work for it. Fast bowlers short career and make their debut much earlier than spinners. He has to learn the art of fast bowling and cricket in general. He must work hard in fitness. He must practice, practice and practice. 3 hours a day at least.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    13,177
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Ok guys I have a query since this forum has a lot of intelligent posters.

    I have a nephew who's just started playing club cricket in islamabad 2 weeks ago.
    He's 17 years old, already 6"3 and and very skinny.

    During the trail for the club he was clocked at 127 kph.

    Took 5-20 in his debut with 4 clean bowled.

    Is 127kph a good speed to be clocking at his age?

    @MMHS@Talentspotterpk@Pacesensation@Akher

    Replies would be much appreciated
    I think, 127KM at 17 is very good pace, if he is genuine 17. Also, pace is not everything; at 17, if he is 6'3", he should reach 6'5" to 6'6" by 23 & at that height, even 134km is damn good, if he can put the ball in right places. From his physic, age & pace I can tell that he'll never be an express pacer with 150km speed - he shouldn't try that either. Anyone over 6'2"is not physically fit for that sort of express speed (exceptions are there like Strac, Irfan, but most fastest bowlers are between 5'8" to 6'3" at most). May be, he should focus more on the fundamentals of fast bowling - that's grip, wrist position, run-up, delivery stride, follow through, front elbow, swing & landing the ball on seem.

    The best indicator for a young fast bowler is how fast he can sprint. If your nephew is not a good sprinter, at least for a short distance, I can guarantee that he'll never reach 140km. 17 is a very good age to prepare the body for fast bowling, PROVIDED THAT, he is a very good sprinter, at least for 35 metres distance. Ask him to run lot - may be 100 metre sprint, then 200 metre jogging, again 100/50 metres followed by 200 metres & this has to be over 3km every day at least, apart from his regular bowling run-ups. Need to swim lot, if possible against stream & cycling on up slope helps the legs muscles. I don't suggest much of weight training, definitely not at this age, but lots of stressing is essential. Unless he prepares body from now on, by 23, he'll start to avoid training for soft tissue pains & will start to get muscles injuries too easily. Fast bowlers must strengthen their ligaments before turning 23.

    If he wants to be a proper fast or fast-medium bowler, from now on food habit is a must - which starts with absolute zero tolerance on smoking. No oily food, lots of fibre (cheek peas is a very good source), less rice and plenty of water every day. I am not sure about his financial condition, but, at least 1 letre of skimmed milk & couple of half-boiled egg every day. It's disgusting taste, but eating boiled or green vegetable is better that cooked one Need to avoid unnecessary “mentors” – one good one is fine.

    Above all, fast bowlers are born - it has to be naturally in him; otherwise it's better to try becoming a very skilled fast-medium swing bowler.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •