Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    If he is playing behind ashwin it shows how the team management thinks of his batting.
    More evidence of your inability to analyze. Ashwin has recently been ranked the world's #1 all-rounder.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    With time, Saha will win all of their hearts.

Not too long ago, people said there was not much difference between Saha and Parthiv's keeping (not that it was ever true). This is after Saha was in the international circuit for 1.5 years where his keeping was steady with rare screw ups. But from what we recently saw, Saha's keeping has become way better and right now, one could say he is head and shoulders above any keeper in the world (I don't recall anyone being better).

He ain't going anywhere. He has a lot of heart and I think the more he plays, the better he will perform with the bat.
    Quite right you are SIF

Interesting that recently playing for ROI, Saha scored a double and Pujara a single. This test we have it reversed, hope their partnership is winning again.

Time to bring back the following classic posts, Saha trolling his critics again today:

Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Lets be really honest with his batting. He is a shocking batsman and a tailender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    His keeping is fantastic but he is a tailender.
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    However, he is a Tailender batsman. Cannot play spin or pace.
    For the past 6 months our top order and middle order are scoring all the runs and Sah was scoring a few fifties with no pressure on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Well, I'm not impressed with Saha if you want me to be honest. He bats like a tailender and cannot be called a wicket-keep batsman.
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    Like I said previously, a mental fidgeting (while batting) midget

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gun player

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An old fashion player, concentrating on his first trade, keeping and he is the best. His batting is also more than useful and at par or better ( in tests ) than any WK at the moment. He is hard working and not a flamboyant player. Any team would be lucky to have a player like him.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    An old fashion player, concentrating on his first trade, keeping and he is the best. His batting is also more than useful and at par or better ( in tests ) than any WK at the moment. He is hard working and not a flamboyant player. Any team would be lucky to have a player like him.
    Think that's a bit optimistic, De Kock and Bairstow are clearly a decent distance ahead right now.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They showed a stat

Till 2015 his batting average was 21

In last 15 months that has jumped to 47+.

Thats as goos as you'd expect from a keeper. Already has 3 test 100s, Dhoni in his entire career had 6! Has bailed us out on so many occasions, was a treat to watch him fight today.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Clearly an upgrade over Dhoni

Indian fans must realize how overrated is Dhoni in tests.

It is laughable to even think of selecting him in an all time Asian Test XI.

Saha will end up as a better test wicket keeper batsman.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I man one of those critics of Saha, but I give credit to him for this innings. He was determined not to throw his wicket away and the influence of Pujara has rubbed on him.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a dead wicket with nothing for pacers and spinners. He only thing that Saha had to weather was pressure and he did it wonderfully.

I still stand by my words. Saha cannot play good bowling attacks on slightly helpful conditions.

Once India starts touring, he will look like a walking wicket. So far in this series he has been impressive.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    811 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Quite right you are SIF

Interesting that recently playing for ROI, Saha scored a double and Pujara a single. This test we have it reversed, hope their partnership is winning again.
    Good to see him do so well.

He was playing (ducking) the Pat Cummins bouncers better than anyone else. He just needs to get past the first 20-30 balls after which he grows in confidence and starts performing.

I man one of those critics of Saha, but I give credit to him for this innings. He was determined not to throw his wicket away and the influence of Pujara has rubbed on him.
    This is a dead wicket with nothing for pacers and spinners. He only thing that Saha had to weather was pressure and he did it wonderfully.

I still stand by my words. Saha cannot play good bowling attacks on slightly helpful conditions.

Once India starts touring, he will look like a walking wicket. So far in this series he has been impressive.
    It's not about dead wicket. It's about pressure too.

Teams crumble on wickets like these all the time under pressure. When Saha arrived at the crease, we were like 130 runs behind with just 4 wickets to go. To score a 100 from there on is seriously hard especially considering ALL of Aussie bowlers were super tight and at you all the time.

As for quality knock, check his twin unbeaten 50s against NZ seam attack on a seam friendly pitch.

Or 100 against WI against Alzarri and Gabriel on a relatively seam friendly track.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 19th March 2017 at 13:26.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    Think that's a bit optimistic, De Kock and Bairstow are clearly a decent distance ahead right now.
    What the heck did Baisstow achieve in the last series against India anyway? Got smashed like the rest of the English batsmen on their way to a 4-0 series loss.

If he turned a game around like Pujara and Saha just did then you would have an argument, you have none at this point.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saha cannot play good bowling attacks on slightly helpful conditions.
    You are stuck in your make-believe world about Saha and refuse to leave it. This is the same wicket in which Kohli scored 6 and Rahane 17. The Aussie attack is one of the best in the world. It was only due to the super batting by Pujara and Saha that they were ground down.
    Last edited by Napa; 19th March 2017 at 13:31.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What the heck did Baisstow achieve in the last series against India anyway? Got smashed like the rest of the English batsmen on their way to a 4-0 series loss.

If he turned a game around like Pujara and Saha just did then you would have an argument, you have none at this point.
    Please tell me you're kidding? Saha isn't even close to the same class as Bairstow right now. Unsurpising that in the 2 games he played with Saha he out batted (and outkept him) by a country mile, despite facing Ashwin and Jadeja instead of Moeen and Rashid.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also not sure I'd be calling averaging over 40 in your first series as a keeper in Asia whilst carrying out a very respectable jobs with the gloves as 'getting smashed' from a batsmans point of view.
    Last edited by HitWicket; 19th March 2017 at 13:43.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    Saha without a doubt has got great temperament.
    Every gentle guy is not submissive. You can't ask anything more from him if he is scoring crucial runs and taking important catches.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also not sure I'd be calling averaging over 40 in your first series as a keeper in Asia whilst carrying out a very respectable jobs with the gloves as 'getting smashed' from a batsmans point of view.
    Need I remind you that the result was 4-0. Averages mean little when you are not even able to rescue your team on one occasion from the smashing. On the other hand, when Saha came in to bat yesterday India was staring at defeat and a probable series loss. When he left today India was going for the Test and series win.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Need I remind you that the result was 4-0. Averages mean little when you are not even able to rescue your team on one occasion from the smashing. On the other hand, when Saha came in to bat yesterday India was staring at defeat and a probable series loss. When he left today India was going for the Test and series win.
    And from that alone you genuinely believe Saha is a better batsman than Bairstow...?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    811 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Bairstow is class man.

He clicked in SA.

He played some clutch knocks against Pakistan in Eng.

Didn't look like a dummy in India. Looked competent but sometimes you don't kick on.

I would say he is the best batsman among keepers in the world. De Kock is the most ruthless though it remains to be seen how he will fare in different conditions.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite his recent success,his career average of 29 before this match and above 30 now tells that he is a average player.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And from that alone you genuinely believe Saha is a better batsman than Bairstow...?
    From a Cricinfo article by Brettig "Pujara and Saha went on to a partnership that has redefined the match and possibly the series."

When was the last time Baristow played an innings of such consequence that it "redefined the match and possibly the series"?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Bairstow is class man.

He clicked in SA.

He played some clutch knocks against Pakistan in Eng.

Didn't look like a dummy in India. Looked competent but sometimes you don't kick on.

I would say he is the best batsman among keepers in the world. De Kock is the most ruthless though it remains to be seen how he will fare in different conditions.
    Bairstow has a very good average of 42 for a wk. Saha's average is considerably lower, but over the last year he has matched Bairstow. Also he comes in late which pushes down his average. In the previous innings he lost runs trying to protect Ishant from the strike. In today's innings he only got out when there was a need to push up the scoring rate towards the end of the innings.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    From a Cricinfo article by Brettig "Pujara and Saha went on to a partnership that has redefined the match and possibly the series."

When was the last time Baristow played an innings of such consequence that it "redefined the match and possibly the series"?
    This one? http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...h/1029825.html

Came in at 62/5, departed at 189/6 and saving England from what would have been an embarrassing defeat to Bangladesh.

Also whilst we're at in then I'll bite, when was the last time Kohli played an innings that redefined a match and the series?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bairstow has a very good average of 42 for a wk. Saha's average is considerably lower, but over the last year he has matched Bairstow.
    Last 12 months :

Bairstow
    14 games
    1231 runs
    Average 55.95

50% of games at home.
    50% of games in Asia.

Saha
    13 games
    615 runs
    Average 47.30

69% of games at home.
    31% of games in the West Indies.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This one? http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...h/1029825.html

Came in at 62/5, departed at 189/6 and saving England from what would have been an embarrassing defeat to Bangladesh.

Also whilst we're at in then I'll bite, when was the last time Kohli played an innings that redefined a match and the series?
    Maybe this one... after England pressured India in the first Test, after this Test they were shattered.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-...h/1034811.html

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last 12 months :

Bairstow
    14 games
    1231 runs
    Average 55.95

50% of games at home.
    50% of games in Asia.

Saha
    13 games
    615 runs
    Average 47.30

69% of games at home.
    31% of games in the West Indies.
    Again, here mere statistics are not enough. The 13 games include raging turners like the first Test against the Aussies at Pune where the entire Indian team scored 105 and 107.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SL series last year. 1st and 3rd test:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/913613.html

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/913617.html