Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    1st match was a golden chance for NZ. But India are too strong at home.

I expect England to do better than NZ/Aus
    England is definitely in with a shout due to Anderson and probably Broad to some extent. Certainly they also have cook and root and some exciting young talent who will be here for their first time in national colours. But a lot will also hinge on how they handle the twin spin threat. Hoping for exciting games ahead!!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty_Indian View Post
    England is definitely in with a shout due to Anderson and probably Broad to some extent. Certainly they also have cook and root and some exciting young talent who will be here for their first time in national colours. But a lot will also hinge on how they handle the twin spin threat. Hoping for exciting games ahead!!
    India will win easily, in the end.

You skipped the most enthralling battle tho, Moeen Ali vs Indian batsmen. Because, I expect Moeen to toss it up and Indians to attack. One of two parties will end up receiving a phainta

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anderson on last legs and not the same beat anymore, same as SRT in his last few years. Broad will keep it tight, but huff and puff after 6 overs and with no DRS will do a few double teapots and then shake his head off.

Stokes will be busy thinking about his next book, and only seamer to trouble us will be Woakes. Moeen will get a phainta this time around.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nish_mate View Post
    Anderson on last legs and not the same beat anymore, same as SRT in his last few years. Broad will keep it tight, but huff and puff after 6 overs and with no DRS will do a few double teapots and then shake his head off.

Stokes will be busy thinking about his next book, and only seamer to trouble us will be Woakes. Moeen will get a phainta this time around.
    On what basis is Anderson on his last legs?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    On the very simple fact that he is July 82 born, which kind of makes him 34- not exactly prime age for a fasr bowler is it?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India will win easily, in the end.

You skipped the most enthralling battle tho, Moeen Ali vs Indian batsmen. Because, I expect Moeen to toss it up and Indians to attack. One of two parties will end up receiving a phainta
    I don't think he will pose as much of a threat here as he had done in england coz:
    a. We are already facing Santner before him who imo is a better spinner in these conditions
    b. Also he is not a very good spinner in the sense that he bowls a lot of ''HIT ME" balls.You gotta be accurate in these conditions which imo he is not yet.
    c. Also feel we guys will handle him better this time around.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We shouldn't be underestimating him as of yet.Only time will tell as to how he may cope up.
    Also if u remember he's had a couple of good tours to the sub-continent and he is a handy bowler in these conditions ref last 2 UAE tours and the 2012 Indian tour where Dhoni had even singled him out as being the difference between the two sides

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We shouldn't be underestimating him as of yet.Only time will tell as to how he may cope up.
    Also if u remember he's had a couple of good tours to the sub-continent and he is a handy bowler in these conditions ref last 2 UAE tours and the 2012 Indian tour where Dhoni had even singled him out as being the difference between the two sides
    Yes and that was Anderson at his prime mate, you telling me a 34 yo fast bowler is the same as 30 yo fast bowler??

2012 Anderson was an absolute beat, a demon- but in 2016- will happily eat the humble pie if he manages to replicate his form.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nish_mate View Post
    Broad averages 100+ in India. Who says he'll keep anything tight?

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Why are you trying to sink your boot into Ronchi - he's batted fine in both innings so far.
    I did say perhaps!

I had Ronchi down as a limited overs slogger, good to see he has the game for tests.

So it's only Sodhi, Craig and Guptill. Sodhi might bowl the odd snorter but he consistently bleeds runs at 4-5 an over. I am reminded of Imran Tahir. He would be effective in limited overs I suspect. Guptill obviously is a good opening batsman in limited overs matches, and this tour should mark the end of his long form career, he's clearly not up to the task. Craig is a pieman but piemen who can bat are usually a good bet for limited overs cricket.

I smash and grab and stash the cash in plastic bags
    With raps that have pizzazz

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broad averages 100+ in India. Who says he'll keep anything tight?
    Broad was a very poor tourist a few years ago but he is a much improved bowler today. I expect him to improve those figures considerably. India shouldn't take him lightly based on his previous tour where he stunk out the place. In 2012 he was also really bad in the UAE and Sri Lanka. On his last tour to UAE he did fine.

This would be like expecting Kohli to be rank next time he tours England, when it's clear he has improved as a batsman since 2014.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Well played by New Zealand so far in this series, but you'd have to say that they can't take the positive sessions for a whole inning/game's worth.

Still, Australia won't get half this far and how England do remains to be seen.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well played by New Zealand so far in this series

Still, Australia won't get half this far and how England do remains to be seen.

Well they're about to be whitewashed. It's not possible for Australia or England to do worse.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a truly ruthless performance by India. They've dominated New Zealand throughout the series. Obviously Australia will do just as bad and go home whitewashed, but I now feel like they're going to give England a thumping too.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NZ bowlers have taken 7 wickets for 695 runs whereas ours have taken 10 wickets for 299. Surely such a mammoth difference can't be attributed to the pitch. We have been the better team by some distance. If we can beat England 5-0, then India are well and truly no.1 imo.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was trundling against pakistan in the last couple of matches. Can't even bowl mid 130's consistently anymore. If he can't make an impact in England, he is certainly on his last legs.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisalsq092 View Post
    New Zealand and England will compete well. England have better batsmen of spin among the 3. Australia in their current state holds no chance.

New Zealand will be overall more competitive considering they have a better spin attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    New Zealand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    New Zealand
    England
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    NZ will be the most competitive because of their spin attack.
    Great call by Chief once again. Wrong as usual .

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Still could mean that NZ were more competitive

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    How can you tell without watching England and Australia play? At least NZ haven't been innings defeated.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New Zealand
    New Zealand and England will compete well. England have better batsmen of spin among the 3. Australia in their current state holds no chance.

New Zealand will be overall more competitive considering they have a better spin attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Of The Stars View Post
    New Zealand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    New Zealand
    England
    Australia
    NZ will be the most competitive because of their spin attack.
    Don't think England will be less competitive than this. OZ i won't comment on. They have been dreadful in Asia lately.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How can you tell without watching England and Australia play? At least NZ haven't been innings defeated.
    England will definitely compete better. No doubt about it. When was the last time they lost a series here convincingly. NZ haven't competed here since the time of Hadlee.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    South Africa among all test playing nations will be better in India followed by England

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by umerz View Post
    South Africa among all test playing nations will be better in India followed by England
    Lol.. Where were you last year when South Africa toured India?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol.. Where were you last year when South Africa toured India?
    To be fair to SA, they got the most raging turners. This series has seen the perfect kind of spin wickets.

SA would have surely batted better on pitches like these, though their spinners would have been even less threatening than NZ spinners. We would have still won, but SA would have drawn at least 2 tests on sun pitches.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully England and Australia make there series more competitive than this one.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I sincerely hope Aus and Eng do worse than NZ... though I doubt that is also your desire

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indian posters making too much noise, but it was very much expected, you guys can keep on your self praising untill you step out of india, wish we could have a pak-indo series, and that would have settle this debate for once and all that who the best team is, but it is not practically possible in current scenario, so keep beating the hell out of most phatu spin playing gori teams. The only team who could challenge india in these conditions is Pak and you don't have to face them so it's like winning without competition,

We Have Good Players Just Need to Find Good Selectors

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The pitches weren't turners as I'd expected and they didn't play their spin bowlers barring one. Keep trying kid.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The pitches weren't turners as I'd expected and they didn't play their spin bowlers barring one. Keep trying kid.
    Williamson(half their batting) also missed a match.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't need to. Santner is their best spinner and he played all the matches. And they lost all three. And as for the lack of turners, weren't you the one crying about the 1st test being a rank turner in the match thread lol.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Williamson(half their batting) also missed a match.
    Yeah like that would have made a difference.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Hopefully England and Australia make there series more competitive than this one.
    Australia will be hopeless as well.

I only expect fight from England, Cook/Root will make it count. India still favorites tho.

We don't pray for love, we just pray for cars

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't need to. Santner is their best spinner and he played all the matches. And they lost all three. And as for the lack of turners, weren't you the one crying about the 1st test being a rank turner in the match thread lol.
    I didn't base my prediction based off what you think. I was expecting all three to play with pitches offering considerable turn.

Show me the post.
    Yeah like that would have made a difference.
    In the final result? No. But does a side become less competitive when they lose half their batting? Yes.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I only expect fight from England, Cook/Root will make it count. India still favorites tho.
    England is our bogey team. We compete decently against most teams away and thrash them at home. We have done neither against England.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    Indian posters making too much noise, but it was very much expected, you guys can keep on your self praising untill you step out of india, wish we could have a pak-indo series, and that would have settle this debate for once and all that who the best team is, but it is not practically possible in current scenario, so keep beating the hell out of most phatu spin playing gori teams. The only team who could challenge india in these conditions is Pak and you don't have to face them so it's like winning without competition,
    I so wish for a Ind v Pak series before Misbah/YK retire. Unfortunately, it won't happen due to political bakwas.

We don't pray for love, we just pray for cars

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't base my prediction based off what you think. I was expecting all three to play with pitches offering considerable turn.

Show me the post.

In the final result? No. But does a side become less competitive when they lose half their batting? Yes.
    Williamson played this match and NZ suffered their second biggest loss in tests. This NZ side was going to get flogged and FYI NZ have always been thrashed here except under Hadlee.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Williamson played this match and NZ suffered their second biggest loss in tests. This NZ side was going to get flogged and FYI NZ have always been thrashed here except under Hadlee.
    What does that have to do with Williamson missing a match? I already clarified it wouldn't have made a difference in the final result. Being competitive and winning are two different things. Twisting words won't change what I said. My stance was clear. NZ will be most competitive because of their spin attack and I was expecting the pitches to be turners.

I never claimed NZ will beat India.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    I agree. the only team that can challenge india is.... Pakistan.

Rest doesn't even come close.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What does that have to do with Williamson missing a match? I already clarified it wouldn't have made a difference in the final result. Being competitive and winning are two different things. Twisting words won't change what I said. My stance was clear. NZ will be most competitive because of their spin attack and I was expecting the pitches to be turners.

When your full strength team( with Williamson) just got thumped by 321 runs, how is that a sign that they were competitive?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They have a couple of decent players of spin, they could be competitive but wouldn't put my house it.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In comparison to NZ, England have considerably greater batting depth and relatively weaker spin attack. I'd be very surprised if we see anything but turners in that series. They won't capitulate like NZ if we see similar wickets to this series. Losing Wood significantly weakens their attack in these conditions. He's a dangerous customer when it reverses. Broad will need to step up big time and Anderson will need to make the new ball count. It's difficult to predict to what level they will compete because of the unknowns but their batting depth should keep them in striking distance in most games.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You call it competitive?

I call it getting demolished.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In comparison to NZ, England have considerably greater batting depth and relatively weaker spin attack. I'd be very surprised if we see anything but turners in that series. They won't capitulate like NZ if we see similar wickets to this series. Losing Wood significantly weakens their attack in these conditions. He's a dangerous customer when it reverses. Broad will need to step up big time and Anderson will need to make the new ball count. It's difficult to predict to what level they will compete because of the unknowns but their batting depth should keep them in striking distance in most games.
    Get rid of cook and root and rest have no clue how to build innings. They are just like NZ, just that NZ had a one batsman short.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When your full strength team( with Williamson) just got thumped by 321 runs, how is that a sign that they were competitive?
    Genius, were NZ competitive in the first game regardless of the pitch not being a turner? Did their spinners and Williamson play? Yes. Now stop wasting my time.

Williamson playing is only one factor.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Genius, were NZ competitive in the first game regardless of the pitch not being a turner? Did their spinners and Williamson play? Yes. Now stop wasting my time.

India did here and there(in between sessions) put some fight in that disastrous England tour of 2011.

So by using the same logic, we can say, India was very competitive in England.

Can we say that?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No need to get angry brother. Even the best if us are wrong at times

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No need to get angry brother. Even the best if us are wrong at times
    Yes, that's all that's left now after your usual twisting of words didn't work.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's all that's left now after your usual twisting of words didn't work.
    Twisting of words ? Lol. NZ lost by 197,178 and 321 runs in these 3 tests. That's not a sign of being competitive . They could not even pick up 20 wickets except at Kolkata where they got a track that suited them and still lost comfortably.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    India did here and there(in between sessions) put some fight in that disastrous England tour of 2011.

Can we say that?
    Not sure where to begin with this. Despite claiming to have used logic, there is anything but in this post.

I was specifically talking about game one, explaining that NZ were competitive because they played their 3 spinners and had Williamson therefore in accordance to my prediction. Nowhere did I claim NZ were competitive throughout. I've already explained why. Read my posts above and try to use actual logic this time.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Twisting of words ? Lol. NZ lost by 197,178 and 321 runs in these 3 tests. That's not a sign of being competitive . They could not even pick up 20 wickets except at Kolkata where they got a track that suited them and still lost comfortably.
    Doing the same thing again. Now I realize it's not intentional rather just lack of comprehension.

Did all 3 spinners play game 2 and 3? And were pitches turners? No. This is what I was expecting when I made the prediction. What's difficult to understand here?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doing the same thing again. Now I realize it's not intentional rather just lack of comprehension.

Did all 3 spinners play game 2 and 3? And were pitches turners? No. This is what I was expecting when I made the prediction. What's difficult to understand here?
    Ok so you were saying that they would be competitive only if they had played all 3 spinners and if the pitches were rank turners? O

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Extremely disappointing performance by NZ and specially Williamson

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nz was total garbage the whole series... it is embarrassing watching their performance and how in the space of a year their performances have tilted 180 degrees.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England will perform better. Their batting doesn't revolve around just one player and on bowling front they lack spinners of Swann and Panesar's quality but Anderson and Broad are quality bowlers, if their spinners just do a good support act at least. England can pose problems.

Australia batting is hopeless. No one in their side can show resistance, at best they will smack their way to a 50 or 100 in a lucky phase of play. On bowling front though they will definitely perform better. Lyon keeps getting better with age like Wine and Hazelwood and Starc combo will also trouble Indian bats with their consistency.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I think I wrote a month ago that NZ would do well on UAE style flat, slow wickets but England would do better on rank turners.

But these wickets had no grass and were cracked from Day 1. So no surprises really.

The question now is whether India are foolish enough to give England the same pitches!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    NZ bowlers have taken 7 wickets for 695 runs whereas ours have taken 10 wickets for 299. Surely such a mammoth difference can't be attributed to the pitch. We have been the better team by some distance. If we can beat England 5-0, then India are well and truly no.1 imo.
    5-0 is not common to be honest. It's hard to get 5-0 kind of result. One of the test can go differently due to many factors.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jun 2016
    Venue
    Los Angeles, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NZ after McCullum are really a minnow. All money on England now. A lot will depend on Cook though, Root and Bairstow have their patience problems. The way England played Yasir in Oval and Lords, Ashwin and Jaddu will be licking their lips. And then the way Herath and party manhandled Aussies, they should not even bother coming down to India. At the end of the season India may be sitting at 125 points.Allah Mafee

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed4472 View Post
    NZ after McCullum are really a minnow. All money on England now. A lot will depend on Cook though, Root and Bairstow have their patience problems. The way England played Yasir in Oval and Lords, Ashwin and Jaddu will be licking their lips. And then the way Herath and party manhandled Aussies, they should not even bother coming down to India. At the end of the season India may be sitting at 125 points.Allah Mafee
    Australia might do better than expected.

Darren Lehmann has clearly given up on using his home team in Asia, and recognizes that he needs different players for those conditions.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a completely different line-up for Australia in India, with only Warner, Smith and Starc of the "usual" eleven playing. And no Nathan Lyon.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    5-0 is not common to be honest. It's hard to get 5-0 kind of result. One of the test can go differently due to many factors.
    Agreed.

SA and WI series could/should have been 4-0 but rain plus one great partnership is all it takes.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of pitches would you prepare against England?

250 par score or ones similar to the NZ series?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    What kind of pitches would you prepare against England?

250 par score or ones similar to the NZ series?
    Indians should avoid rank turners and have regular turning tracks. Last series was lost by India due to having sharp turning pitches. Having said that Eng doesn't have quality spinners now.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with you

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

Can we say that?
    Actually during that England 2012 tour India did compete but when they failed they did so spectacularly as much as in a single session they lost the entire match.And in a few games they didn't turn up at all as on they showed no stomach for a fight much like NZ in the 3rd test.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Yes i know is uncommon. But that's exactly why i thin we would deservedly become no.1 if we beat them 5-0.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    England and Australia will fare better.

We capitulated quite often in the series and lost the Test within the space of 30 minutes.

Going to take a special effort to top that sort of incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't speculate about Aussies bcoz they have been way too dismal but expecting a good competitive series against the English. I just hope India beat them coz we have been losing way too much against England in tests.Also a couple of our players must prove their worth against England aka Ash and Virat.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know where all this talk of competition comes from, if you get whitewashed then you weren't competitive in the slightest. Avoiding innings defeats only to go down by 200-300 runs in the end is not competitive. Suppose Australia lose four nil with two innings defeats and two 200 run defeats, they've done no worse than New Zealand.

If I had to concede that a team who get whitewashed were competitive then they need to have lost a couple of matches by close margins.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England, Cook alone can score daddy hundreds. England vs India will a contest this time. But India will win as England doesn't have Swan. Rashid is not qualified to be a player.

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Englands batsmen will be competitive in Indian conditions but just like new zealand the lack of a decent slow bowler will mean that when games get to tight and critical stages during games england will be found wanting. England wont lose 5-0 but they will find the series very tough.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUMP .... All those who thought NZ would be the most competent pls raise your hands

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    BUMP .... All those who thought NZ would be the most competent pls raise your hands
    It may still happen that Eng and Aus do worse than NZ in India. NZ did win a few sessions (especially in the 2nd Test) if not games

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    It may still happen that Eng and Aus do worse than NZ in India. NZ did win a few sessions (especially in the 2nd Test) if not games
    lol ... I didnt think of that possibility .... but I will gladly eat my words if that happens

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It was always going to be England, they are far better than Australia and New Zealand.

Australia will probably need a miracle to not get whitewashed.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    To be fair, this was a relatively easy deck.

New Zealand didn't get anything like this in their three tests.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. Guess, thats settled after just one test!

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Riyadh, KSA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, this was a relatively easy deck.

New Zealand didn't get anything like this in their three tests.
    But NZ never got IND into the kind of panic that ENG did today in 4th innings.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    lol. Guess, thats settled after just one test!
    Remains to be seen how England will do in the rank turners kiwis got

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remains to be seen how England will do in the rank turners kiwis got
    yup, but even to compete like this and put India on the back foot is commendable.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    yup, but even to compete like this and put India on the back foot is commendable.
    true. i think they have a fairly well balanced squad

the batting line up is okay-ish to the extent that it won't go down in a heap as often as SA or NZ i think even on rank turners

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Relentless rain and an earthquake. New Zealand has been very unwelcoming so far.