Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im just loving the fact that he gives us the opportunity to boast about having a prolific batsman in our ranks

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    I would agree with this if Pakistan did not have a long history of promising talent going down the drain.

Umar Akmal was ahead of many ATG batsmen when he started, Nasir Jamshed was on a roll against India, Yasir Hameed was pretty good, I am certain there are more.

The difference is that Pakistan has a lazy cricketing culture, our cricketers rarely improve their game, on top of that the management cannot for their life handle these players like the Indian or Australian cricket board can.

kohli kept on improving his game, focused dearly on his fitness and became a beast, I have never seen any of our cricketers focus on their fitness like that and improve every aspect of their game, maybe Azhar Ali but that is test cricket.

Babar does have hunger to do better, but looking at our history, and the fact that none of us know Babars work ethics we cannot say for certain if he will reach that high level.
    One year ago, I would have agrees with everything that you've said but not anymore, with Micky Arthur becoming coach, the fitness levels if our players have risen massively. They take things like diet, fitness and improving the game much more seriously and I'm absolutely sure Mickey is guiding Babar Azam accordingly considering he sees the talent and Azam is already his favorite man in the team.

That being said, EVEN if (which is seriously hope not) Baba's game does not improve further, he will still be a VERY good batsman. Kohli improved his game from being a 44 Avg batsman to become a 55 Avg batsman, Babar at this point in itself is 10 times the player that VK was at this point. But hopefully, he continues to improve.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Kid is a special batsman. He will most likely score 30 ODI 100s and 10k runs.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For babar Azam to succeed among other factors he would need to have dependable batting partners to take the high expectations and some pressure off him. I don't see him having an extraordinary great career if he is surrounded by headless chickens. Kohli and ABD wouldn't be there where they are now if they were the only decent batsmen in their respective team.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most importantly he knows how to score big at this very young age.Even Tendulkar had to spend more time than Babar to master this.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar looks to me an OdI player in the mould of Amla and Williamson. However, couple of really clutch or match winning performance in big tournament can put him at a superior level to the two.

He won't be a Kohli or ABD though honestly. Doesn't have the unique qualities which those two have.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Babar looks to me an OdI player in the mould of Amla and Williamson. However, couple of really clutch or match winning performance in big tournament can put him at a superior level to the two.

He won't be a Kohli or ABD though honestly. Doesn't have the unique qualities which those two have.
    He can score against very good australian attack in Australia., he can score in the champions trophy final and he also can score a hundred in a low scoring first innings, witch Kohli couldn't.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If PCB, hadn't wasted his 4.5 years, he would have broken odi records by the time he retires.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    He can score against very good australian attack in Australia., he can score in the champions trophy final and he also can score a hundred in a low scoring first innings, witch Kohli couldn't.
    Wrong. Kohli can also score against very good Australian attack in Australia.Its all flat there. He would have done it in 2016 bilateral series but he got to face pretty mediocre attack against whom he got plenty of runs.

He was out of form in that Tri series held just before the 2015 WC in Australia.

Kohli has already scored in CT 2013 final. So another wrong point.

On your third point, I gotta have to check statsguru for that. But I don't get the logic there.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Most importantly he knows how to score big at this very young age.Even Tendulkar had to spend more time than Babar to master this.
    Haha. tendulkar scored all his four centuries below 20 yrs of age abroad before he could even play in india.

In odis he is a number 6 batsman who opened in his 70 th match.

Oh my God the hyperbole is too much
    Last edited by sachin100; 17th October 2017 at 15:39.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does Babar match with the same batsmen at 39 ODI matches?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He scored 35 odd and remained unbeaten in a tense match in hostile fast bowling conditions against SA in CT when wickets were falling at the other end. There he ensured Pak remained above the D/L run limit.

He scored another unbeaten 38 against England in the semi final of the CT and ensured Pak go through smoothly.

In the final of CT against arch rival India, he scored a crucial 45 at 90 strike rate at a stage where Pakistan is historically prone to collapse. He prevented any hickups and laid the foundations for Hafeez to smack a few at the back end. This is a higher score than Kohli has ever made in any final and it was babar's first final.

These are clutch knocks. He needs improvement but at just 23 years of age, he is not someone you could call a bottler.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tandapanii View Post
    33 matches.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    He scored 35 odd and remained unbeaten in a tense match in hostile fast bowling conditions against SA in CT when wickets were falling at the other end. There he ensured Pak remained above the D/L run limit.

He scored another unbeaten 38 against England in the semi final of the CT and ensured Pak go through smoothly.

In the final of CT against arch rival India, he scored a crucial 45 at 90 strike rate at a stage where Pakistan is historically prone to collapse. He prevented any hickups and laid the foundations for Hafeez to smack a few at the back end. This is a higher score than Kohli has ever made in any final and it was babar's first final.

These are clutch knocks. He needs improvement but at just 23 years of age, he is not someone you could call a bottler.
    Those were good cameos from him. I am not calling him a bottler either. I just find his batting similar to those two. It doesn't mean he is a bottler and Williamson isn't a bottler either.

He has got consistency, lacks hitting ability and whether he can win big games or not will be tested in WC 2019 or even later as he is very young currently.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes 33 matches

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just enjoy it boys!!!

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the flatter wickets currently in ODIs it was more and more likely a batsman would emerge averaging 45-50+ From Pakistan Babar has done it will he get better I don't think age is a big factor it's about potential I don't think it's in the Kohli AB level playing the top 5 teams in UAE and abroad and averaging high winning matches will determine this.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    promising player for Pakistan. He shouldn't be compared and get connected with the Akmals because:

A- He's a full blow batsman

B- He's not a keeper

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Kid is a special batsman. He will most likely score 30 ODI 100s and 10k runs.
    More than 30 hopefully. By the rate he is going, he should have 30 by 170 matches.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guess people should enjoy this while it lasts!

Chak de.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    More than 30 hopefully. By the rate he is going, he should have 30 by 170 matches.
    What will be awesome is if a few of those come in Australia, England, New Zealand and South Africa.

Scoring centuries in Asia is good but the true greats do it in tougher conditions.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin100 View Post
    Haha. tendulkar scored all his four centuries below 20 yrs of age abroad before he could even play in india.

In odis he is a number 6 batsman who opened in his 70 th match.

Oh my God the hyperbole is too much
    I am talking about ODI sir.Tell me after how many matches Tendulkar scored his first ODI century? I think it's more than 80 matches if i am not wrong.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am talking about ODI sir.Tell me after how many matches Tendulkar scored his first ODI century? I think it's more than 80 matches if i am not wrong.
    72 but you don't expect a 100 by a no.6 in those days.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah u expect number 6 to score centuries when total team score is 200

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sachin is not a top order batsman in his first 70 matches. That means he is not even batting intop 5. He was used like umar akmal at number 6 to accelerate the scoring when top order batsman used to score at less than 4 rpo

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sachin is not a top order batsman in his first 70 matches. That means he is not even batting intop 5. He was used like umar akmal at number 6 to accelerate the scoring when top order batsman used to score at less than 4 rpo
    Oh great news for umar akmal fans. Umar can become sachin if he is promoted up the order

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    What will be awesome is if a few of those come in Australia, England, New Zealand and South Africa.

Scoring centuries in Asia is good but the true greats do it in tougher conditions.
    Absolutely. Considering he already has a 100 in Australia and a very well made 84 in Perth against the likes of Hazlewood, Cummins, Stanlake and Faulker - I would expect many more such innings to come.

And the fact that he averages in the 70's in New Zealand with a high score of 83 in just two games AND a very well made 90 in Tests on an unplayable pitch vs Southee and Boult just adds to my confidence of him being able to play on any pitch in the world.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Oh great news for umar akmal fans. Umar can become sachin if he is promoted up the order
    Sachin only batted at #6 or below in 4 of his first 80 matches.

But anyway....

He batted mostly at 4 (26 times) and 5 (35 times) though his record was not too flashy at either of those spots. Obviously his game was more suited to the top order.

Thank God we didn't try and pigeonhole Babar as a lower-order slogger.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Sachin only batted at #6 or below in 4 of his first 80 matches.

But anyway....

He batted mostly at 4 (26 times) and 5 (35 times) though his record was not too flashy at either of those spots. Obviously his game was more suited to the top order.

Thank God we didn't try and pigeonhole Babar as a lower-order slogger.
    He chose to bat at 4 as captain. I think he scored most of his tons at 4 too. Sachin 100 and AB fan will have to come up with a new excuse as to why their God failed to score a ton in the first 80 matches.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tu dekta be hai cricket?

He has a 100 and a 50+ score in Australia.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AFTER 33 INNINGS -

Babar Azam
    Runs - 1659
    Ave - 57.2
    SR - 87
    100's - 7
    50's - 6

Virat Kohli
    Runs - 1350
    Ave - 46.55
    SR - 82
    100's - 4
    50's - 8

Joe Root
    Runs - 1018
    Ave - 34
    SR - 78
    100's - 1
    50's - 5

Steve Smith
    Runs -854
    Ave - 30.5
    SR - 86
    100's - 2
    50's - 2

Kane Williamson
    Runs - 1052
    Ave - 37.57
    SR - 77
    100's - 3
    50's - 4

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tandapanii View Post
    You may check post #111

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    He chose to bat at 4 as captain. I think he scored most of his tons at 4 too. Sachin 100 and AB fan will have to come up with a new excuse as to why their God failed to score a ton in the first 80 matches.
    He scored all tons except 2 to 3 as opener in odis

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. Considering he already has a 100 in Australia and a very well made 84 in Perth against the likes of Hazlewood, Cummins, Stanlake and Faulker - I would expect many more such innings to come.

And the fact that he averages in the 70's in New Zealand with a high score of 83 in just two games AND a very well made 90 in Tests on an unplayable pitch vs Southee and Boult just adds to my confidence of him being able to play on any pitch in the world.
    Yeah, he's an all-conditions batsman which is why he'll surpass Kohli. If he performs in the next World Cup and Amla and ABD don't, he'll surpass those two legends too.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah, he's an all-conditions batsman which is why he'll surpass Kohli. If he performs in the next World Cup and Amla and ABD don't, he'll surpass those two legends too.
    He will first have to surpass Amla and ABD and then Kohli who is the superior batsman.

But these are different kind of players. ATM he looks like an enhanced version of Amla who doesnt bottle.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Prediction- Babar Azam will make it 3 in a row.

Views?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quite possible.

Will he become the 1st person ever to do it 2 times???

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    InshaAllah

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Guess people should enjoy this while it lasts!
    You don't rate him?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nothing stopping him.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did it against West Indies in UAE in ODIs

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    big oppurtunity

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Insha'Allah.

But cricket is a funny game so you never know

I hope he scores 5 100s in all five ODIs

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post

I hope he scores 5 100s in all five ODIs
    They might have to rename the stadium(s) after him if he pulls that off.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5983 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    So according to some Pakistani posters, he is a more complete batsman than Kohli and has already done things which Kohli hasn't been capable of, so they are confident that he is going to become a better ODI batsman in the future.

Classic Pakistani fans at their brilliant, delusional best. Also, it is not surprising to see the usual suspects lead the way.

Kohl is a magical player. He is only 28, and is already quite possibly the second greatest ODI batsman of all time, and it is very likely that he will become the greatest of all time by the time he retires, with more ODI batting records and iconic innings to his name than anyone else in history.

Babar doesn't have more than a 1% chance of overtaking him as an ODI batsman. However, there is no shame in being inferior to a legend like Kohli, because Babar in his own right has the potential to become an ATG ODI batsman. He is the most seasoned ODI batsman that we have had since Yousuf. Pakistan have long wished for a number 3 who can consistently score big runs.

Before becoming an ATG, he will have to become a Pakistani ATG and he is well on his way. He already has 7 hundreds and no one has scored more than 20 ODI hundreds for Pakistan, while the next best has 15, which really shows what a pathetic batting nation we have been in ODIs. Babar has a very good chance of ending his career with around 30 hundreds.

However, it takes more than just scoring hundreds to become an ATG. Babar has to learn to bat at a better tempo at the start of his innings, and he will have to play some iconic, jaw-dropping innings along the way that will define his career and legacy. The likes of Amla and Williamson have failed to play those type of knocks, and thus have not been able to attain legendary status in ODIs in spite of excellent stats.

Although Kohli is in a league of his own and Babar is not going to catch him, he is the role-model that he needs to look up to. Babar needs to develop the same work ethic, intensity and passion for the game, which will help Babar reach full his potential.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    So according to some Pakistani posters, he is a more complete batsman than Kohli and has already done things which Kohli hasn't been capable of, so they are confident that he is going to become a better ODI batsman in the future.

Classic Pakistani fans at their brilliant, delusional best. Also, it is not surprising to see the usual suspects lead the way.

Kohl is a magical player. He is only 28, and is already quite possibly the second greatest ODI batsman of all time, and it is very likely that he will become the greatest of all time by the time he retires, with more ODI batting records and iconic innings to his name than anyone else in history.

Babar doesn't have more than a 1% chance of overtaking him as an ODI batsman. However, there is no shame in being inferior to a legend like Kohli, because Babar in his own right has the potential to become an ATG ODI batsman. He is the most seasoned ODI batsman that we have had since Yousuf. Pakistan have long wished for a number 3 who can consistently score big runs.

Before becoming an ATG, he will have to become a Pakistani ATG and he is well on his way. He already has 7 hundreds and no one has scored more than 20 ODI hundreds for Pakistan, while the next best has 15, which really shows what a pathetic batting nation we have been in ODIs. Babar has a very good chance of ending his career with around 30 hundreds.

However, it takes more than just scoring hundreds to become an ATG. Babar has to learn to bat at a better tempo at the start of his innings, and he will have to play some iconic, jaw-dropping innings along the way that will define his career and legacy. The likes of Amla and Williamson have failed to play those type of knocks, and thus have not been able to attain legendary status in ODIs in spite of excellent stats.

Although Kohli is in a league of his own and Babar is not going to catch him, he is the role-model that he needs to look up to. Babar needs to develop the same work ethic, intensity and passion for the game, which will help Babar reach full his potential.
    While I disagree with the constant comparisons made between both batsman, as Kohli is vastly superior as of now. However, I also disagree with your assumption that he'll never reach such heights. We don't know where he'll be six years from now, theres a chance he might not even become a pakistani great let alone an ATG. Let's let the man perform and let him decide where he'll end up as a batsman.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surpass Kohli in terms of stature? I seriously doubt it. I only expect Kohli to get better, hit more hundreds and be more consistent than ever. He's on a Godly level right now and will end as the greatest ODI batsman of all time most likely. The only person who he's behind right now is Viv.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He will first have to surpass Amla and ABD and then Kohli who is the superior batsman.

But these are different kind of players. ATM he looks like an enhanced version of Amla who doesnt bottle.
    No, ABD is clearly the better ODI batsman. Kohli is not only a choker but also a bunny against seam and swing.

Hope you're right about Babar being the Pakistani Amla.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Surpass Kohli in terms of stature? I seriously doubt it. I only expect Kohli to get better, hit more hundreds and be more consistent than ever. He's on a Godly level right now and will end as the greatest ODI batsman of all time most likely. The only person who he's behind right now is Viv.
    Doesn't have a single match-winning hundred against Australia, England or South Africa away, "iconic" or otherwise. Has choked in all three ODI tournament finals that he has played until now. He's also weak against the moving ball.

It's clear that there are several ODI batsmen ahead of Kohli and this will remain the case until Kohli addresses these glaring weaknesses.

Babar, potential-wise, can definitely overtake Kohli in another 5-6 years. He's already way ahead than Kohli was at the same stage, is better technically and unlike Kohli, played an important innings in the ODI final he played.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Areh Bilal bahi, tu bhi aghai bar gaya!

Let us be calm. ABD is arguably the greatest ODI batsman of the century, Amla and KOhli are very good side kicks and all have achieved a huge amount. I have not yet seen the versatility those guys have in their batting from Babar sahab, so there is a long, long way to go before we anoint him king.

Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    You may check post #111
    Thank you yaar!

Although you can exclude Smith from the stats as I seem to remember he came very low in the order in his first few ODI matches and was even viewed as a leggy.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi,Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compared to other top players He has probably had a better start to his career.He is better than many other top players when they were his age though one thing that has been worrisome is that his Sr since Champions trophy has been falling i mean before the champions trophy he had an sr of 90 now his Sr is 85 at the start of his innings he just takes in too many dots but perhaps this is just circumstancial maybe in a high scoring game he can score runs at a better pace

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is Babar Azam's role model??

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is going to be a steady batsman. If fans expect him to be an Afridi he will not be one. He has his own range of shots, own way of constructing the innings. Just let him be who he is. He will become one of the finest limited over Pakistan batsman has produced. Dravid never tried to be Sehwag/Tendulkar. He was just Dravid.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    He is going to be a steady batsman. If fans expect him to be an Afridi he will not be one. He has his own range of shots, own way of constructing the innings. Just let him be who he is. He will become one of the finest limited over Pakistan batsman has produced. Dravid never tried to be Sehwag/Tendulkar. He was just Dravid.
    Beautiful post. People get too excited comparing this player to those before them or those still around. Truth is he has already become the best batsman of our team and hopefully will remain so. He's not a guy who can strike big but he definitely needs to score at a better strike rate if he wants to be amongst the worlds best.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I read an interview of Babar 5-6 years back where he said Ab De Villiers

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    "My favourite current cricketer is AB de Villiers. I really like the way he bats and of course his fielding is also exceptional. I try to model my batting on de Villiers and always try to watch his innings on television. de Villiers is a brilliant fielder and watching his agility in the field and his anticipation is brilliant. Similar to de Villiers I prefer to field in the covers, although I can also field in the slips and at point or gully."

http://www.pakpassion.net/literature...abar-azam.html

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "My favourite current cricketer is AB de Villiers. I really like the way he bats and of course his fielding is also exceptional. I try to model my batting on de Villiers and always try to watch his innings on television. de Villiers is a brilliant fielder and watching his agility in the field and his anticipation is brilliant. Similar to de Villiers I prefer to field in the covers, although I can also field in the slips and at point or gully."

http://www.pakpassion.net/literature...abar-azam.html
    LOL Babar bats anything but like ABD. He doesn’t sweep often and prefers conventional strokes at a lower SR.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    LOL Babar bats anything but like ABD. He doesn’t sweep often and prefers conventional strokes at a lower SR.
    Yes but then there is no batsman in the world who bats like him....

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes but then there is no batsman in the world who bats like him....
    Glenn Maxwell?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Glenn Maxwell?
    Maxy is like a tukka player, comes off once every blue moon!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    Maxy is like a tukka player, comes off once every blue moon!
    Yes but they play a similar style and have a vast array of improvised strokes.

Maxwell lacks ABD's consistency which results in his lower average but the similarities are there to see.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread seams to have 2 extremes.
    Either babar is miles better than 'choker' kohli or he won't even get near becoming a kohli like batsman or an atg.
    IMO, he isn't better than kohli atm but if any batsman in the world has ever had the potential to reach the level of kohli it's babar. Babar has had an amazing start to his career and If he continues to bat exactly like his (or maybe at a slightly better sr) he will most definitely become an ATG but that all depends on his hard work. He has made a start but maintaining that and being consistant is the difference between an ordinary batsman and an ATG. So far tremendous average of 58 after tours of England, Australia and New Zealand which is perhaps unheard of for an Asian batsman.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with some of what you said but I think it's harsh to say he has no chance to become as good as kohli. Yes he's still got a long way to go but he has made a phenomenal start to his career and If he continues to improve and continues to put in a lot of effort he can definitely become as good as kohli and certainly an atg. It all depends on his hard work and his hunger for runs. With the sort of start he has made to his career you cant blame us pakistani fans for having hope in him becoming as good or at least come close to kohli.
    However, I 100% agree it is a delusion to think babar is as good as kohli and that kohli is a "choker" at the moment because babar has only made a start while kohli has been this consistent with a better sr for 200 odis.
    Last edited by htariq25; 22nd October 2017 at 03:03.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    babar is good but he should not be compared to kohli or wmith,let him perform,and if he is being compared to kohli which i dont like to be done but still an honour fot him to be compared with oneof the all time great of odi game,...
    Last edited by DRsohail; 22nd October 2017 at 03:11.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He is an elite ODI batter. In the same category as de cock, ABD,Kohli and root.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Babar is a very good young player but it will be better not to compare him with anyone. He has had a great start to his career and hopefully continue to score big runs for Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli's one big plus was he was not hyped as some of the other indian players. His growth was silent and massive. People were hyping guys like Rohit Sharma even Uthappa. With guys like Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni, Yuvraj around Kohli had enough space to grow without pressure. He came on to his own with his Hobart century where he massacred Malinga. Babar rightnow has all the spotlight on him. So he is under pressure to sustain his form. That is where he will face challenge more than anything else. Pressure of maintaing his consistency. It only takes 2 or 3 failures in a row. A run out, gloving to wicket keeper, a bad call in sequence is all you need to develop self doubts. Seen it for years. Even the greatest batsman have gone through this. But they all came back.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that jinxing again please. Leave the kid alone. Altough I believe that Kohli has never faced any serious bowling attack consistently but has scored against decent bunch of bowlers while Babar hasnt much. Lets see him first atleast. All I know is that he was cramping for runs against India in CT when others were sailing smoothly. Even in the final game he wasnt able to cross 49 against soft yet better attack.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5983 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htariq25 View Post
    I agree with some of what you said but I think it's harsh to say he has no chance to become as good as kohli. Yes he's still got a long way to go but he has made a phenomenal start to his career and If he continues to improve and continues to put in a lot of effort he can definitely become as good as kohli and certainly an atg. It all depends on his hard work and his hunger for runs. With the sort of start he has made to his career you cant blame us pakistani fans for having hope in him becoming as good or at least come close to kohli.
    However, I 100% agree it is a delusion to think babar is as good as kohli and that kohli is a "choker" at the moment because babar has only made a start while kohli has been this consistent with a better sr for 200 odis.
    Kohli is an ODI ATG and is entering his peak years only now, and by the time he retires he may very well be the greatest ODI batsman of all time. He has set the bar extremely, extremely high and it will be very hard for other ODI batsmen in the future to topple him. Maybe in 30-40 years time someone will be able to do it, just like Viv Richards has been able to maintain his supremacy in ODIs since the 1980s but now Kohli is posing a serious threat.

Babar has a great chance of becoming a Pakistani legend in ODIs, and he has the potential to be our first genuine ODI ATG, but he has a very, very minute chance of overtaking Kohli.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Kohli is an ODI ATG and is entering his peak years only now, and by the time he retires he may very well be the greatest ODI batsman of all time. He has set the bar extremely, extremely high and it will be very hard for other ODI batsmen in the future to topple him. Maybe in 30-40 years time someone will be able to do it, just like Viv Richards has been able to maintain his supremacy in ODIs since the 1980s but now Kohli is posing a serious threat.

Babar has a great chance of becoming a Pakistani legend in ODIs, and he has the potential to be our first genuine ODI ATG, but he has a very, very minute chance of overtaking Kohli.
    As real as it gets.
    This is the harsh truth. Unless Babar is able to manage some miraculous turn around, there is no way he can surpass Kohli in terms of records + impact.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Babar has overtaken Root, Smith, Warner, Amla and Williamson to become the 3rd best batsman in odis currently.. He is only behind Kohli and ab now.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    I think Babar has overtaken Root, Smith, Warner, Amla and Williamson to become the 3rd best batsman in odis currently.. He is only behind Kohli and ab now.
    People will laugh but I think you are correct, however i think Warner is better due to the impact he has when he fires.
    Last edited by babajee; 22nd October 2017 at 17:37.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    People will laugh but I think you are correct, however i think Warner is better due to the impact he has when he fires.
    Babar doesnt need to play like Warner considering his role in the team.. Pakistan mostly chase something around ~240 and Babar does the role perfectly anchoring the innings.. while we win 9/10 matches scoring 275+ batting first and here too Babar does his role perfectly.. Just want him to continue what he is doing now against quality attacks.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Babar doesnt need to play like Warner considering his role in the team.. Pakistan mostly chase something around ~240 and Babar does the role perfectly anchoring the innings.. while we win 9/10 matches scoring 275+ batting first and here too Babar does his role perfectly.. Just want him to continue what he is doing now against quality attacks.
    Do you think Haris can be another top 10 batsman in ODIs?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is better than warner IMO. When Warner fires he's destructive yes but he doesn't consistently fire. Babar doesn't destroy oppositions but he consistently gets runs at an alright rate which frustrates the opposition even more because babar looks as if he can't get out while warner takes risks and as an opposition u will always think you have a chance of dismissing him. Agree with @SarfiBabarHaris hes 3rd to kohli and de villiars.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He also has immense potential to become a Pakistani ATG. Its hard to say he will become an ATG because he's not played in ages but I certainly think he has the chance to become a Pakistani ATG and in top 5 Pakistani odi batsmen of all time. Some people will laugh at my optimism but it's true that this guy really is special and deserves to be in the team asap.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes I am pretty hopeful and confident.. Need to play at no 4 in odis.. In few years if Babar opens then Haris at 3.. Anywhere below 4 then no he won't..

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am pretty hopeful and confident.. Need to play at no 4 in odis.. In few years if Babar opens then Haris at 3.. Anywhere below 4 then no he won't..
    Babar opening isn't really an ideal option because firstly he's scored all of his hundreds at 3 and he doesn't have the strike rate to open the batting. Openers need to be destructive with the "glue" to the batting order at 3 and 4 I.e. babar at 3 haris at 4.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htariq25 View Post
    Babar opening isn't really an ideal option because firstly he's scored all of his hundreds at 3 and he doesn't have the strike rate to open the batting. Openers need to be destructive with the "glue" to the batting order at 3 and 4 I.e. babar at 3 haris at 4.
    Yes, in current odi era he is fine at 3 and we need destructive openers for example like Sharjeel.. But if conditions are like 90s then Babar opening will help Pakistan.. lets see where does the odi game move in few years..

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone do another comparison in Test Matches for the same names please