Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 85
  1. #1
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Netflix Originals, TV shows and Movies

    Self Explanatory thread ,so just finished Stranger Things and although i didn't get that amazed by the story the execution,acting and direction were remarkable.

    For any fans of 80's scifi movies and Stephen King novels this would be a treat. 8/10



    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another one for India which they released Brahman Naman found it funny but it has a more of Bangalorean feel to it.


    @street cricketer @sensible-indian-fan


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Am on episode 7 of stranger things, watching it now. I second that the execution, acting and direction are remarkable and got to love the homage to the sc-fi movies of the 80's, the music/sound production for the show is also brilliant! something which we tend to take for granted and overlook. I agree that the story isn't out of the world, the formula remains the same but what's important is that you remain invested in the characters and there is more to tell in future seasons

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I like El, she reminds me a great deal of my beloved Jean Grey! I smell a Dark Phoenix like character arc for her in the long run

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    18,278
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    House of Cards for me is the best TV show to come from Netflix. Daredevil was another decent show


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    House of Cards for me is the best TV show to come from Netflix. Daredevil was another decent show
    Yep, it gets overlooked a bit given its political nature but fantastic TV and that's coming from someone who isn't a fan of the political genre but had to see the show when I heard that Kevin Spacey was going to be the lead. DareDevil is terrific to, the second season was a bit more action oriented whilst lacking a little when it came to the narrative, a lot of build as well with little pay offs.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you were a fan in the past but what do you think going by the trailer:


  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,836
    Mentioned
    817 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Another one for India which they released Brahman Naman found it funny but it has a more of Bangalorean feel to it.


    @street cricketer @sensible-indian-fan
    I see....will check it out in Netflix. The poor ratings made me put off watching this. Maybe its a fun movie.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Another thing, maybe the story for stranger things isn't incredibly intricate but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes with too much going on the writers risk an incoherent narrative, the show does a great job combining elements of sci-fi, drama, suspense, the super-natural, horror and mystery without putting your head in a spin whilst maintaining your intrigue which is storytelling 101

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Another thing, maybe the story for stranger things isn't incredibly intricate but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes with too much going on the writers risk an incoherent narrative, the show does a great job combining elements of sci-fi, drama, suspense, the super-natural, horror and mystery without putting your head in a spin whilst maintaining your intrigue which is storytelling 101
    I agree there was this movie called "sunshine" i got bored inspite of a decent story line because of massive lack of narration.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Not sure if you were a fan in the past but what do you think going by the trailer:

    They released in NYCC ,I was actually fan of the movie,watched it in theatre with my parents fond memories of girl in pink but somehow it didn't hype my interest as it should had and i feel they always let down because it becomes cheesy,although from the trailer it doesn't look cheesy but "change the world" taglines really annoy me but i hope it proves me wrong.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    They released in NYCC ,I was actually fan of the movie,watched it in theatre with my parents fond memories of girl in pink but somehow it didn't hype my interest as it should had and i feel they always let down because it becomes cheesy,although from the trailer it doesn't look cheesy but "change the world" taglines really annoy me but i hope it proves me wrong.
    I liked the MMPR and Time Force, use to be a big fan. Hard to say how that movie will turn out going by the trailer, in the pictures I didn't quiet like the new suits besides the helmets but towards the end there it didn't look so bad. A while back a guy called Shankar and some asian dude made a dark and gritty short-film of the Rangers, it was so awesome but that version will never come to life due to the PG nature of the franchise. But here it is, even more enjoyable if you know a little bit of back story on the characters but still great:



    Would have even more views then 20 million, kept getting taken down by Saban Brands when it was first released was getting like 5-10 million views a day

  14. #14
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Is that coming out next? wonder what's is the scheduled release dates for the MCU TV series on Netflix

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Is that coming out next? wonder what's is the scheduled release dates for the MCU TV series on Netflix
    Yup Mar 2017 would be before Defenders,similar to Captain America before Avengers.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    468
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching Jessica Jones now from Netflix based on Marvel comics.The first episode was not too bad .. I'll leave a review here when/if I finish the series.


    John 3:16

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I liked the MMPR and Time Force, use to be a big fan. Hard to say how that movie will turn out going by the trailer, in the pictures I didn't quiet like the new suits besides the helmets but towards the end there it didn't look so bad. A while back a guy called Shankar and some asian dude made a dark and gritty short-film of the Rangers, it was so awesome but that version will never come to life due to the PG nature of the franchise. But here it is, even more enjoyable if you know a little bit of back story on the characters but still great:



    Would have even more views then 20 million, kept getting taken down by Saban Brands when it was first released was getting like 5-10 million views a day
    Oh myy amazing,that was better than trailer why didn't they just ask the guy to direct this this is what i don't understand shows become fossils because of stupid productions houses.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Oh myy amazing,that was better than trailer why didn't they just ask the guy to direct this this is what i don't understand shows become fossils because of stupid productions houses.
    It's because the Rangers have always been sought of PG, I guess Time Force was the only series which was dark by their standards but due to the $$$$ they get from the merch which the youth buy I doubt we will see a dark rangers in the future unless Saban sell the franchise rights to someone else. Similarly you get many TV shows which are limited in terms of content so a platform like Netflix is amazing for creativity, DC movies have also suffered due to too much involvement from the studio's.

    But man that PR bootleg was awesome always wanted a dark version of PR that's about all we'll ever get , Shankar is incredibly talented; worked on Dredd, Machine Gun Preacher and also was part of the Punisher Short-Film.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    Watching Jessica Jones now from Netflix based on Marvel comics.The first episode was not too bad .. I'll leave a review here when/if I finish the series.
    Good show to watch before the Luke Cage series, Luke is first introduced in JJ and has history with her which will probably play a role in future MCU TV series on Netflix.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    4,244
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    if i were to rank all the netflix shows i've seen

    1. stranger things - was easily my fav. i loved stuff like goonies and ET when i was a kid too so..
    2. orange is the new black - i usually watch the whole season in a couple of days when it comes out. really funny with very rounded characters
    3. jessica jones - the problem i have with netflix comic shows it the middle few eps where i feel like it drags a bit. but this was the best one out of the lot
    4. making a murderer - never thought a 10 hour doco about murderer could hold my attention so well.
    5. house of cards - over the top but enjoyable. really hoping they wrap it up soon.
    6. daredevil - second season was better than the first one as they were able to introduce a new plot line midway through the second season and avoided the mid-season blues of luke cage and jessica jones
    7. luke cage - liked it when i watched it but having second thoughts about it now. loved the music and the cinematography

    yet to see narcos, master of none, kimmy schimdt etc

  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    4,244
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Good show to watch before the Luke Cage series, Luke is first introduced in JJ and has history with her which will probably play a role in future MCU TV series on Netflix.
    probably? they will all be in the defenders series coming out in march

    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/77...york-comic-con

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    4,244
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    okay iron fist is coming out in march. the defenders comes out later.

  23. #23
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    It's because the Rangers have always been sought of PG, I guess Time Force was the only series which was dark by their standards but due to the $$$$ they get from the merch which the youth buy I doubt we will see a dark rangers in the future unless Saban sell the franchise rights to someone else. Similarly you get many TV shows which are limited in terms of content so a platform like Netflix is amazing for creativity, DC movies have also suffered due to too much involvement from the studio's.

    But man that PR bootleg was awesome always wanted a dark version of PR that's about all we'll ever get , Shankar is incredibly talented; worked on Dredd, Machine Gun Preacher and also was part of the Punisher Short-Film.
    I agree on the PG thing but all those who grewup watching power rangers can't bear the chessiness anymore,its like Scooby Doo great when young but it just hasn't evolved but Marvel has evolved and imo doing well,flash is somewhat ok too(i can't bear it though,just like Gotham).


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    I agree on the PG thing but all those who grewup watching power rangers can't bear the chessiness anymore,its like Scooby Doo great when young but it just hasn't evolved but Marvel has evolved and imo doing well,flash is somewhat ok too(i can't bear it though,just like Gotham).
    True I agree with that although I have a soft spot for MMPR, Time Force barely had any cheesiness in it. DareDevil is amongst the few who is a dark character in the MCU and they did the world building around that show and introduced the likes of JJ and now Iron Fist to who all have grim tendencies and created compelling TV series which are not limited.

    Imagine if Netflix were in charge of Gotham, it would be incredible; I can put up with it as it is but with it being on one of those TV channels in America you often find quiet a bit of filler, monster of the week narrative and a general light hearted nature even if the authenticity is supposed to be bleak.

    Flash character I guess is a little light hearted as it is by DC standards so the show works being on those American channels but it's safe to say that the depiction of these characters would be better on a platform like Netflix or Amazon Prime.

    I stopped watching Flash after season 1, it was good though but didn't get into it after that. Have persisted with Gotham will be watching the new season at some point or when most of the episodes have been released; Gotham season 2 was a big improvement over the first.

    I am generally a fan of gritty characters, find them more compelling. What would you give Stranger Things out of 10 in general? am on episode 5 for Luke Cage I really enjoyed episode 4 the one where they dig deep into his origins and how he got his power that was so cool

  25. #25
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 make sure to check out Brooklyn nine-nine its not an original but available on netlfix,its very witty.



    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,579
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Netflix original movies are trash but tv shows are amazing. Some great ones are coming soon too like death note. Orange is the new black is overrated. I think Narcos is the best Netflix original to date. Stranger things, Daredevil and house of cards are great too


    Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

  27. #27
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    True I agree with that although I have a soft spot for MMPR, Time Force barely had any cheesiness in it. DareDevil is amongst the few who is a dark character in the MCU and they did the world building around that show and introduced the likes of JJ and now Iron Fist to who all have grim tendencies and created compelling TV series which are not limited.

    Imagine if Netflix were in charge of Gotham, it would be incredible; I can put up with it as it is but with it being on one of those TV channels in America you often find quiet a bit of filler, monster of the week narrative and a general light hearted nature even if the authenticity is supposed to be bleak.

    Flash character I guess is a little light hearted as it is by DC standards so the show works being on those American channels but it's safe to say that the depiction of these characters would be better on a platform like Netflix or Amazon Prime.

    I stopped watching Flash after season 1, it was good though but didn't get into it after that. Have persisted with Gotham will be watching the new season at some point or when most of the episodes have been released; Gotham season 2 was a big improvement over the first.

    I am generally a fan of gritty characters, find them more compelling. What would you give Stranger Things out of 10 in general? am on episode 5 for Luke Cage I really enjoyed episode 4 the one where they dig deep into his origins and how he got his power that was so cool
    Stranger things is a 8/10 for and tbh only show that i binged watched in one sitting.(lesser episodes),agree on Marvel netflix they somehow have chosen all dark characters and have done well and yes i wish Gotham was with netflix too they have the right budget and talent.

    Stranger things was created by Duffer brothers by Shawn Levy(night at the museum,cheaper by dozen,Reel Steel etc.) fame actually came to direct 2 episodes shows how seriously netflix takes each original show of its.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Netflix original movies are trash but tv shows are amazing. Some great ones are coming soon too like death note. Orange is the new black is overrated. I think Narcos is the best Netflix original to date. Stranger things, Daredevil and house of cards are great too
    Beasts of No nation was pretty good imo better than random hollywood white view of Africa.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Stranger things is a 8/10 for and tbh only show that i binged watched in one sitting.(lesser episodes),agree on Marvel netflix they somehow have chosen all dark characters and have done well and yes i wish Gotham was with netflix too they have the right budget and talent.

    Stranger things was created by Duffer brothers by Shawn Levy(night at the museum,cheaper by dozen,Reel Steel etc.) fame actually came to direct 2 episodes shows how seriously netflix takes each original show of its.
    Will give Brooklyn 9 a look. And I've read reports which said Stranger Things season was the third most watched individual season of a Netflix original

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    646
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    It's because the Rangers have always been sought of PG, I guess Time Force was the only series which was dark by their standards but due to the $$$$ they get from the merch which the youth buy I doubt we will see a dark rangers in the future unless Saban sell the franchise rights to someone else. Similarly you get many TV shows which are limited in terms of content so a platform like Netflix is amazing for creativity, DC movies have also suffered due to too much involvement from the studio's.

    But man that PR bootleg was awesome always wanted a dark version of PR that's about all we'll ever get , Shankar is incredibly talented; worked on Dredd, Machine Gun Preacher and also was part of the Punisher Short-Film.
    Man that punisher short film was awesome. Thomas Jane is one hell of an actor & very good as punisher. Sadly he never got a good script.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    House of Cards for me is the best TV show to come from Netflix. Daredevil was another decent show
    Btw Remmy Denton in House of Cards plays the main villain in Luke Cage, he nails the role so well as Cottonmouth

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    5,696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watching Jessica Jones before I get into Luke Cage. Gripping but painfully slow a few episodes too many.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    66,967
    Mentioned
    1335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Narcos and Stranger Things definitely top of my list at the moment.



  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pak4life View Post
    Just watching Jessica Jones before I get into Luke Cage. Gripping but painfully slow a few episodes too many.
    Its more like comics ,build up the tension and create hatred and sympathy for characters and luckily unlike DC shows doesn't create one dimensional characters.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Its more like comics ,build up the tension and create hatred and sympathy for characters and luckily unlike DC shows doesn't create one dimensional characters.
    Comics come in all forms, the marvel ones though are not notorious for giving the narrative as much focus which is why the sales have declined in comparison to DC but in general the movies do the source material justice even if it may be one dimensional. If people forget the fact that Jessica Jones is in the MCU they'd appreciate that it's a brilliant psychological thriller, people often label movies in the super-hero genre as overly action/adventure oriented, possibly due to the movies but that's far from true when characters like JJ and DD have grim tendencies

  36. #36
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Comics come in all forms, the marvel ones though are not notorious for giving the narrative as much focus which is why the sales have declined in comparison to DC but in general the movies do the source material justice even if it may be one dimensional. If people forget the fact that Jessica Jones is in the MCU they'd appreciate that it's a brilliant psychological thriller, people often label movies in the super-hero genre as overly action/adventure oriented, possibly due to the movies but that's far from true when characters like JJ and DD have grim tendencies
    Comics wise DC is better and tbh i found DC cartoons to be better as well esp Batman( haven't watched latest spiderman though).

    Agree on the narration ,remarkable thought hat DC characters actually have more layers to them Marvel ones but somehow Marvel studio has managed to portray their characters better on show compared to DC

    Agree about how shows like JJ will stand great irrespective of MCU relevance.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  37. #37
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Started watching Bloodline it starts remarkably but it has really gotten slow in the point where I'm right now not sure if i'll actually complete it but lets see.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Comics wise DC is better and tbh i found DC cartoons to be better as well esp Batman( haven't watched latest spiderman though).

    Agree on the narration ,remarkable thought hat DC characters actually have more layers to them Marvel ones but somehow Marvel studio has managed to portray their characters better on show compared to DC

    Agree about how shows like JJ will stand great irrespective of MCU relevance.
    There's a new spidey cartoon coming out but the last one which was really good came out in 2008 the spectacular spider-man, the funny thing is I was reading the comic "spider-man blue" at the same time and the show takes great inspiration from that so I stopped watching Spidey, still have a season left

    That I agree with but the saving grace is the animated shows and their comics, am not sure if you've seen it but there's an animated show called young justice that was also absolutely fantastic; the narrative was very intricate especially for an animated series.

    Even though first season DD and JJ were in the same universe they revolved around different genre's and for that reason I didn't like comparing the two because they were both great in their own right, quiet a few peeps in the old threads liked JJ a lot more which one did you like more, JJ or DD (first season)

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    There's a new spidey cartoon coming out but the last one which was really good came out in 2008 the spectacular spider-man, the funny thing is I was reading the comic "spider-man blue" at the same time and the show takes great inspiration from that so I stopped watching Spidey, still have a season left

    That I agree with but the saving grace is the animated shows and their comics, am not sure if you've seen it but there's an animated show called young justice that was also absolutely fantastic; the narrative was very intricate especially for an animated series.

    Even though first season DD and JJ were in the same universe they revolved around different genre's and for that reason I didn't like comparing the two because they were both great in their own right, quiet a few peeps in the old threads liked JJ a lot more which one did you like more, JJ or DD (first season)
    Really have to check out Spidey its just that i'm sure i'll find it one dimensional but will defn give it a try.(The Tv shows have spoilt me ).

    Between JJ and DD i would say on a standalone basis JJ beats DD also has a more comic book feeling to it but considering the thrill and "superhero" characters DD beats JJ in that aspect.
    Hard to choose but tbf i like JJ,DD more than Luke(which i liked as well) and surely would still like em more than iron fist unless that surprises me


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Really have to check out Spidey its just that i'm sure i'll find it one dimensional but will defn give it a try.(The Tv shows have spoilt me ).

    Between JJ and DD i would say on a standalone basis JJ beats DD also has a more comic book feeling to it but considering the thrill and "superhero" characters DD beats JJ in that aspect.
    Hard to choose but tbf i like JJ,DD more than Luke(which i liked as well) and surely would still like em more than iron fist unless that surprises me
    I have 3 episodes left for Luke now but I just love how all these shows, JJ, DD and Luke while being in the same universe are completely distinct and have their own flavour but when it comes to storytelling and execution you could say all the first seasons are on par imo comes down to the type of show you prefer

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,434
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Btw Remmy Denton in House of Cards plays the main villain in Luke Cage, he nails the role so well as Cottonmouth
    Yes, this guy is becoming my fav. actor after these 2 roles.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    2,943
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who is a Sushi fan should watch Jiro dreams of Sushi. Amazing documentary on the best sushi chef in the world.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    66,967
    Mentioned
    1335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Fineished Narcos, currently watching Making a Murderer.

    Next on the list is Stranger Things.



  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Fineished Narcos, currently watching Making a Murderer.

    Next on the list is Stranger Things.
    Really good show! it's the third most watched Netflix original in terms of the first season, DareDevil and Luke Cage were also brilliant

  45. #45
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    12,968
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Another one for India which they released Brahman Naman found it funny but it has a more of Bangalorean feel to it.


    @street cricketer @sensible-indian-fan
    Didn't know they made movies like this in India ABISHTOOOO

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,544
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have been following Black Mirror Season 3 recently. Top show.


    Only God can judge me so I'm gone, either love me or leave me alone.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    9,844
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Netflix original movies are trash but tv shows are amazing. Some great ones are coming soon too like death note. Orange is the new black is overrated. I think Narcos is the best Netflix original to date. Stranger things, Daredevil and house of cards are great too
    For movies it's better to use Amazon Prime.

    Netflix has the better shows over all. Good to have competition, top quality streaming like this is the future of television.


    Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    For movies it's better to use Amazon Prime.

    Netflix has the better shows over all. Good to have competition, top quality streaming like this is the future of television.
    Agreed, competition is always good

    Its also better for the animated genre.

    With the TV shows there's sone decent content out there like Preacher, Robot and The Man in the High Castle. Grand Tour is going to be released soon, can't wait for that.

    They also will be releasing TV Shows on Jean Claud Van Dam and a dark comedy The Tick after positive response from their pilots

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Have been following Black Mirror Season 3 recently. Top show.
    Is it like an anthology series each season completely distinct? And is each episode a different story?

  50. #50
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Looking pretty good imo ,something raw about it.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    342
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone watched 'The Originals'? How is it as compared to 'The Vampire Diaries'.

    I used to watch Vampire Diaries..But later it became Elina show..They dragged it way too much.

  52. #52
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTip-OneHand View Post
    Has anyone watched 'The Originals'? How is it as compared to 'The Vampire Diaries'.

    I used to watch Vampire Diaries..But later it became Elina show..They dragged it way too much.
    The originals first season was way better than Vampire diaries but stopped after mid second.Still better actors and New Orleans is a good backdrop sadly they have made it like a soap but thank god there wasn't an Eleyna till mid second season.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    66,967
    Mentioned
    1335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Started watching Scream.

    Looks ok, early days though but looks watchable.



  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    25,092
    Mentioned
    971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please watch:

    Siege of Jadotville.


    You will thank me later. (if you are a fan of war thrillers)


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    25,092
    Mentioned
    971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just ended Quantico first season, it was a good show, but not as good as the ratings suggest.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  56. #56
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,434
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i started watching 'Stranger Things' and DAMMM its defiantly one of the best shows ever made.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)


    Spidey Homecoming trailer, looks good; should be the best incarnation since the early 2000's ones. Sony gave creative control to Marvel to and they tend to get things right

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @JaDed Iron Fist any good? not watched it yet, I believe it came out recently

  59. #59
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @JaDed Iron Fist any good? not watched it yet, I believe it came out recently
    Heard its the worst thing ever,but i mightstill try it later this week.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  60. #60
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    83,433
    Mentioned
    1383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Just finished Narcos and can't wait for next season


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  61. #61
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,713
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @JaDed Iron Fist any good? not watched it yet, I believe it came out recently
    First few episodes are good thats all


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Heard its the worst thing ever,but i mightstill try it later this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    First few episodes are good thats all
    Watched the first couple of episodes it's decent, my expectations have been heavily lowered due to the reviews but so far I like it; not spectacular but not god awful either and it's something a bit different to, either way we have to watch it as Iron Fist will be in The Defenders Netflix series
    Last edited by shaz619; 20th March 2017 at 12:34.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    782
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iron fist first four episodes are bad , for me series picks up from 6th one and liked the 6,7,8 9 episodes . Will going to watch 10 and 11 one tonight.

  64. #64
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    20,174
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I used to read Iron Fist comics as a kid and because he wore a mask I always imagined he was some Japanese Buddhist badass and that fired my imagination. Then I see it's become a Netflix show and it turns out he's a ginger hillbilly who looks like he'd be more at home wearing dungarees with a straw stuck between his teeth. I'm not watching that.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  65. #65
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,415
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not going to bother with Iron Fist. You've got a martial arts master being portrayed by a guy who can't fight. What's the bloody point? I don't have time to waste on watching fight scenes which have a dozen quick cuts in 5 seconds to cover up the fact that nobody knows how to throw a punch.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,041
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Started watching Scream.

    Looks ok, early days though but looks watchable.
    Scream is quite decent , I'm on the 6th episode I believe, If you enjoyed the movie's you'll like this one too. On a similar level but not as concise as a 2 hr movie of course

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,041
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange is the new black 8/10 - I quite enjoyed it , different settings than most of the shows and after working in a Federal Institution myself, I can see how well they have picked up on nuances

    Scream - 6th episode in , quite good actually 8/10

    Black Mirror - just on the first episode for now 7.5/10 - can't decide yet.

    I want to start on the X files episodes again

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Watching Crown omg such a brit show I closed off second episode.Netflix is trying but off recent ones liked "One day at a time" the most was cheesy in the start but developed so well,such a comfort show after long time.Fuller House disappointed badly.



    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Not going to bother with Iron Fist. You've got a martial arts master being portrayed by a guy who can't fight. What's the bloody point? I don't have time to waste on watching fight scenes which have a dozen quick cuts in 5 seconds to cover up the fact that nobody knows how to throw a punch.
    You MUST soldier through the series, stop being WEAK, you can display your WEAKNESS when you do battle with the greatest spinner of all times outside the MAHARAJ @Red Devil

    There's a Defender TV series coming up which will have DareDevil, Jessica Jokes, Luke Cage and Iron Fist in it and there are various plot points in Iron Fist which will be taken forward into that series so it's worth a watch in terms of having more of an idea on the backstory.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  70. #70
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,415
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    You MUST soldier through the series, stop being WEAK, you can display your WEAKNESS when you do battle with the greatest spinner of all times outside the MAHARAJ @Red Devil

    There's a Defender TV series coming up which will have DareDevil, Jessica Jokes, Luke Cage and Iron Fist in it and there are various plot points in Iron Fist which will be taken forward into that series so it's worth a watch in terms of having more of an idea on the backstory.
    Nope. I'm halfway through Luke Cage and I'll probably watch Jessica Jones but that's about it. Not watching a martial arts master who can't fight.

    If they had given the role of Danny Rand to that other dude, Victor Tan (I think?), then I'd watch it but otherwise nah.

    Instead of getting a properly shot fight scene Hollywood/Western TV shows always go with some random white guy with zero athletic ability. On top of that they don't know how to shoot fight scenes so they always look terrible and the worst part of it is the guys they cast as the lead character are crap at acting so they fail in every respect. It invariably falls on the side characters to save the show.

    Look at the difference between a properly shot fight scene and what we get from Western movies/TV.













    On one side you can actually see what is happening, on the other it's either a confusing mess or looks utterly laughable.

    Kudos to Keanu and the John Wick chaps for giving us proper action in a Hollywood movie for the first time in years.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Nope. I'm halfway through Luke Cage and I'll probably watch Jessica Jones but that's about it. Not watching a martial arts master who can't fight.

    If they had given the role of Danny Rand to that other dude, Victor Tan (I think?), then I'd watch it but otherwise nah.

    Instead of getting a properly shot fight scene Hollywood/Western TV shows always go with some random white guy with zero athletic ability. On top of that they don't know how to shoot fight scenes so they always look terrible and the worst part of it is the guys they cast as the lead character are crap at acting so they fail in every respect. It invariably falls on the side characters to save the show.

    Look at the difference between a properly shot fight scene and what we get from Western movies/TV.













    On one side you can actually see what is happening, on the other it's either a confusing mess or looks utterly laughable.

    Kudos to Keanu and the John Wick chaps for giving us proper action in a Hollywood movie for the first time in years.
    They should have done a better job with the casting, Scott Adkinson would have been a lot more suitable; the guy from the undisputed movies he also happens to be from brum strangely. But martial arts comes in many styles and forms and at times when you watch TV the point of it is to suspend your disbelief. However, it doesn't look good on the lead when they allow some average side man to get the best of him to an extent during that scene where the book was stabbed but perhaps his portrayal is meant to depict him as someone vulnerable I don't know. They have to balance acting ability and the fighting if they can't get stunt doubles, the character lead in daredevil is great. Them old martial art movies were great because they actually featured fighting experts or folk who at the very least had a fair amount of experience rather then folk who were purely actors first and foremost.
    Last edited by shaz619; 21st March 2017 at 16:45.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  72. #72
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,415
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    They should have done a better job with the casting, Scott Adkinson would have been a lot more suitable; the guy from the undisputed movies he also happens to be from brum strangely. But martial arts comes in many styles and forms and at times when you watch TV the point of it is to suspend your disbelief. However, it doesn't look good on the lead when they allow some average side man to get the best of him to an extent during that scene where the book was stabbed but perhaps his portrayal is meant to depict him as someone vulnerable I don't know. They have to balance acting ability and the fighting if they can't get stunt doubles, the character lead in daredevil is great. Them old martial art movies were great because they actually featured fighting experts or folk who at the very least had a fair amount of experience rather then folk who were purely actors first and foremost.
    No excuse. Worst case scenario, he wears a mask in the comics so stick a mask on and put a stunt double in for the fights.

    Or you can train the guy. Keanu isn't a martial artist but the action in John Wick is leagues ahead of anything else you'll find in a Hollywood movie.



    If the people making Iron Fist are too lazy to make even the most token effort, then I'm not going to watch it.
    Last edited by Big Mac; 21st March 2017 at 16:55.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    No excuse. Worst case scenario, he wears a mask in the comics so stick a mask on and put a stunt double in for the fights.

    Or you can train the guy. Keanu isn't a martial artist but the action in John Wick is leagues ahead of anything else you'll find in a Hollywood movie.



    If the people making Iron Fist are too lazy to make even the most token effort, then I'm not going to watch it.
    That's the thing not all heroes wear masks which made the stunt double an issue.

    Keanu Reeves is one of a kind though, not many out there like him. Scott Adkins is one of the few out there who'd have been suitable for such a role. Am also not familiar with the Iron Fist character am not sure what his portrayal has been like in general and what he is meant to be @SandyB ?

    The fighting standards in general have dropped because fighters are no longer cast as leads and it is not easy for actors to accumulate skills which take years to master in a short amount of time which is why Keanu Reeves is special


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  74. #74
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,415
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    That's the thing not all heroes wear masks which made the stunt double an issue.

    Keanu Reeves is one of a kind though, not many out there like him. Scott Adkins is one of the few out there who'd have been suitable for such a role. Am also not familiar with the Iron Fist character am not sure what his portrayal has been like in general and what he is meant to be @SandyB ?

    The fighting standards in general have dropped because fighters are no longer cast as leads and it is not easy for actors to accumulate skills which take years to master in a short amount of time which is why Keanu Reeves is special






    Not all heroes wears masks, Iron Fist does.

    He's a master of a whole bunch of martial arts and he's got the power of the Iron Fist which basically gives him a magical super-powered punch if he gets desperate. Then he has a whole bunch of other random vaguely Eastern mystical abilities like total control his Chi so he has healing powers like Mr Miyagi at the end of The Karate Kid.

    Basically he's one of the best martial artists on Earth and he's being portrayed by some guy who looks like he lacks the co-ordination to go upstairs two steps at a time.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,698
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Death note is coming to netfix & obviously white actors plays Light Yagami & Misa.

  76. #76
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Death note is coming to netfix & obviously white actors plays Light Yagami & Misa.
    Atleast a black guy plays L hopefully,sadly the white actor doesn't have half expressions of Light from the teaser.

  77. #77
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,897
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    13 reasons why ,top show by netflix based on very good book.
    @shaz619


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  78. #78
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,291
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post


    13 reasons why ,top show by netflix based on very good book.
    @shaz619
    It seems very interesting, have you seen any of the episodes? I've been watching something different recently, an amazon original comedy/drama called Casual pretty decent


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  79. #79
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,579
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just started 13 reasons why and I liked the first episode


    Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    25,092
    Mentioned
    971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Atleast a black guy plays L hopefully,sadly the white actor doesn't have half expressions of Light from the teaser.
    They are going to mess it up


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •