Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirforpresident View Post
    Ha, okay. Who's your favourite character. Mine is Phoebe
    Chandler. Although his sarcasm and jokes have slowly declined in quantity over the seasons.He's still the funniest of all of them.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started watching The Sinner season 2, thankfully a drama I naturally took to as opposed to forced to so to speak, made easier as I had invested time in season one, starring Jessica Beil, so you can understand the appeal, even if it was going to be a throw away drama.

Episode one looks good. This season different set of characters, Carrie Cook, wow first time gonna see her since Leftovers and Bill Pullman the President who saved the world well first time round, with a suicide fighter plane bomber saving the Earth from alien takeover...

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone seen Bad Blood, new on Netflix. Also when will Season 4 Peaky Blinders on Netflix be.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Started watching the Innocent Man on Netflix.

True crime fanatics who happen to have a Netflix subscription are never starved for options. Making a Murderer Season 1 really opened the floodgates and established Netflix as a force to be reckoned with in the true crime area. But for those hoping to scratch that very specific Making a Murderer itch, even Season 2 was found wanting in some respects. There just haven't been enough new developments with that particular case to warrant a whole new season. With that in mind, The Innocent Man may be the more satisfying follow-up to Making a Murderer. Just don't expect a series that breaks any new ground with the genre.

Based on author John Grisham's 2006 nonfiction book The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town, this six-episode series focuses on two brutal murders that took place in the small town of Ada, Oklahoma, the first in 1982 and the second in 1984. The series was created by Ross M. Dinerstein and Clay Tweel, with Grisham himself serving as executive producer. He is also included among numerous interviewees who discuss the details of the case and the many questionable ways in which the criminal justice system was brought to bear against the four men convicted of those murders. Plenty of archival footage (police interrogations, TV news pieces, etc.) further flesh out the details of these two cases. As an added bit of visual punch, each episode includes dramatic reenactments of the murders and other key events surrounding them.

The Innocent Man practically invites comparisons to Making a Murderer. It also revolves around a tight-knit rural community struck by a tragic murder case. It also focuses on several men who may have been wrongfully convicted of these crimes and railroaded by police more interested in putting bodies in cells than finding justice for the deceased and their families. It also provokes outrage on behalf of both the victims and those locked behind bars.

It's not an original formula, but it's one that still holds a powerful appeal. The series manages to tell a clear, detailed story despite juggling a pretty large cast of players and focusing on two separate murders that are linked only by geography. It helps that the series is structured efficiently and cleverly. Early on, the focus is on exploring the details behind the 1982 murder of Debra Sue Carter and the 1984 murder of Denice Haraway. From there, the suspects are introduced and the series begins the explore the convoluted and increasingly flimsy case the state of Oklahoma built against the four men convicted for these crimes. Most episodes tend to end on a cliffhanger of sorts, introducing a pivotal new player or alluding to a dramatic turn of events that will play out in the following installment.

The reenactment scenes add an extra bit of punch to the narrative. Too much of that sort of thing can seem tacky or exploitative, but these brief scenes tend to serve more as punctuation marks and visual aids than anything else.

The Innocent Man is a series that takes full advantage of the Netflix binge model, keeping the viewer invested in these sad stories without going out of its way to sensationalize the events. Unlike Making a Murderer, which tends to emphasize the accused and their families over the families of the victim (sort of a necessity given the reluctance of the Halbach family to participate in that documentary), The Innocent Man shows as much regard for the grieving survivors as it does the men fighting for their freedom and the investigators trying to right judicial wrongs. And at a streamlined six episodes, it's the rare Netflix show that doesn't stick around long enough to wear out its welcome.

There are areas where the series tends to gloss over key details and portions of the case. The one thing the two murders have in common apart from geography is the fact that the police convicted suspects based partly on said suspects' dreams. The fact that prosecutors built their cases based so heavily on the notion that these men supposedly dreamed about key details from the crime scenes is... pretty wild. And it's a little perplexing the documentary doesn't delve deeper into that aspect of the case and the fact that dreams apparently count as evidence in the state of Oklahoma.

In general, it would have been nice to see more focus on the prosecutors and their legal misdeeds. The series effectively picks apart the flimsy evidence used in court and the various miscarriages of justice that contributed to the guilty verdicts, such as exculpatory evidence being withheld. But while individual interviewees throw out accusations of corruption, the series never really digs into the question of whether the police and prosecutors were merely incompetent and careless or actively colluding to frame innocent men.

All told, this series succeeds in working with a proven true crime formula. That doesn't necessarily prevent The Innocent Man from ending on a somewhat anticlimactic and unfulfilling note. Granted, there's no point in trying to force a happy ending in a story where none really exists. But watching the final episode wrap, it's hard not to wonder what Dinerstein, Tweel, and Grisham were hoping to accomplish with this project. Is it to bring new attention to a blatant example of legal injustice? If so, the fact that the series exists in the shadow of Making a Murderer makes that seem an unlikely prospect. Can this documentary do more for these cases than Grisham's original book did 12 years ago? What kind of reparations are even possible when the series makes it abundantly clear the damage has already been done for many of the accused? By settling for being a good but somewhat formulaic true-crime documentary and not an ambitious one, The Innocent Man ultimately does itself a

The Innocent Man is a solid option for any true-crime lover looking for a new series to binge. It closely follows the example of Making a Murderer in most respects, examining how both miscarriages of justice wrong both the families of murder victims and the people wrongfully accused of those murders. It tells a fairly familiar but still effective story. However, it's one that struggles to establish a larger purpose in the end.
    Last edited by Saj; 17th December 2018 at 03:02.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsadvokat View Post
    Anyone seen Bad Blood, new on Netflix. Also when will Season 4 Peaky Blinders on Netflix be.

I haven't seen bad blood yet my brother has watched it and loved it I'm going to check it out this week it's an important series for me since its based on Montreal mafia and I am born and raised in Montreal so will be looking forward to it

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bosch is pretty good too.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mowgli.

Voice acting outclasses the Disney iteration. This version is darker & closer to the books.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished FRIENDS.

I can see why people love it so much. I liked it a lot.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started watching Bodyguard last evening. Finished it now.

Very good series. Superb.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoy riverdale and black lighting

In terms of a show that kills me in terms of laughter

Paradise PD that show is too funny

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nextover666666 View Post
    Really enjoy riverdale and black lighting

In terms of a show that kills me in terms of laughter

Paradise PD was remarkable and had a story arc as well.

Not sure what to think about riverdale.or Sabrina seem very high schoolish.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nextover666666 View Post

Paradise PD was remarkable and had a story arc as well.
    If you guys liked Paradise PD, you should watch Brickleberry which imo is a whole lot funnier, it's from the same creator with a lot of the same cast. Even many of the characters have a lot things in common.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    If you guys liked Paradise PD, you should watch Brickleberry which imo is a whole lot funnier, it's from the same creator with a lot of the same cast. Even many of the characters have a lot things in common.
    Will do Hulu free trial just for it..

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Will do Hulu free trial just for it..
    You can just fmovies it.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    I've seen some episodes of brickleberry that's a funny show as well very similar too paradise PD

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of anime which I'm not too big on in general but when I find one I like ill get into it are the following on Netflix
    Castlevania love it a lot
    Kakegurui really great too
    Baki not amazing but still got into it as well

Non Netflix orginals I enjoyed so far

Better call Saul
    Peaky blinders
    People just do nothing ( chabuddy g greatest character ever) lol

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching 'The Haunting of Hill House'.

Awesome series. I'm hooked.

Definitely recommended if you're a fan of the genre and don't mind a few profanities.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bird Box

Decent...though the ending was very timid.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 I'm watching Lost and loving the experience so far(finished two seasons in three days).
    The character of Syed is my favorite. Never knew Naveen Andrews was such a fine actor.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    @shaz619 I'm watching Lost and loving the experience so far(finished two seasons in three days).
    The character of Syed is my favorite. Never knew Naveen Andrews was such a fine actor.
    Incredible show, during its prime it was arguably even more popular then GOT. Syed is one of my favourite spy characters ever, I believe that was his background; imagine him as bond evangeline lilly is my all time favourite TV actress, was so happy when she got the breakthrough in movies to with the hobbit and ant-man. Let me know what you think of it once completed but overall I would say it is my fav show ever based on how invested I was in the characters

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Any fans of 2 and a half men one of my favourite comedy ever, will be getting the box set soon.

All seasons are available on prime but I have to cancel my membership soon

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to The Punisher S2.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Started watching Sunderland Till I Die.

Documentary about Sunderland's 2017/2018 season.

Absolutely brilliant viewing.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks, we tend to be very high achievers.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    There's a new show called You on Netflix a few people have mentioned to me, anyone seen it

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    There's a new show called You on Netflix a few people have mentioned to me, anyone seen it
    The beginning had lots of promise but it went down too quick. I would recommend first 3 episodes. Later are just trash.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any fans of 2 and a half men one of my favourite comedy ever, will be getting the box set soon.

All seasons are available on prime but I have to cancel my membership soon
    Ever since Charlie Sheen went away, i stopped. Ashton Kutcher is trash.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i started lost in space - so far its ok

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Black Mirror: Bandersnatch.

Very interesting concept where the viewer gets to choose scenarios along the way via a interactive interface. Worth a try.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Ever since Charlie Sheen went away, i stopped. Ashton Kutcher is trash.
    No one was ever going to replace Charlie but if you ignore his existence I think Ashton did decently although they changed the narrative and it worked overall

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Anyone seen the Indian one - Selection Day - fascinating ...

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Watched the first episode of Selection day. Looks quite promising. Cricket fans should definitely give it a watch.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 Give Selection Day a try.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 Give Selection Day a try.
    Will do, what are your top 3-5 shows on Netflix am going to get it today, my Amazon Prime expired with 3 episodes remaining of Vikings season 5 will order it again when American Gods comes out which is an incredible show

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Watched the first episode of Selection day. Looks quite promising. Cricket fans should definitely give it a watch.
    I hear it doesn't pickup although with nothing around cricket,this should be a start..

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Will do, what are your top 3-5 shows on Netflix am going to get it today, my Amazon Prime expired with 3 episodes remaining of Vikings season 5 will order it again when American Gods comes out which is an incredible show
    In no particular order
    Black Mirror
    Star Trek(Voyager, Deep space nine and Enterprise)
    Peaky Blinders
    Narcos Mexico
    Fargo
    Ozark

Apart from them , there are obvious ones like Better Call Saul , Brooklyn nine nine , The Haunting of Hill House , Jessica Jones , Daredevil , The end of the effin World etc but I'm sure you have already seen them before.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I hear it doesn't pickup although with nothing around cricket,this should be a start..
    On 3rd episode right now. Decent so far.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It gets slow down yeah but on the brighter side the season was quite short. Hopefully it picks up the pace in the next season.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw all the episodes of Selection day in 1 go yesterday night. It was good in my opinion. Boarding scenes were pretty good to watch.

Both the boys had great cricketing technique. Their father was such a dictator and so arrogant.

That Gurgaon actor (forgetting his name) was pretty good in his part.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Saw all the episodes of Selection day in 1 go yesterday night. It was good in my opinion. Boarding scenes were pretty good to watch.

Both the boys had great cricketing technique. Their father was such a dictator and so arrogant.

I like all the characters - to me (in my mind) that is what real India is like and not the superficial made-up ones in Bollywood movies

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you and that's why these series are fascinating to watch unlike other daily sops who only show either heroes or villains. In these series, a character is allowed to have grey shades.

Have you completed season 1?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are also some fascinating shows on Amazon prime. After seeing such realistic shows on OTT platforms, who wants and have time to watch TV?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I agree with you and that's why these series are fascinating to watch unlike other daily sops who only show either heroes or villains. In these series, a character is allowed to have grey shades.

Have you completed season 1?
    Yes done series 1

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watched "YOU". Need reviews please!

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watching Powder on netflix, into ep 16 so far, underrated, glimpses of being like an Indian Sopranos. No over the top bells and whistles like Sacred Games.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Punisher Season 2 is out now!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finished watching Altered Carbon a couple of days ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I recommend it despite the nudity, its still a banger show. Joel Kinnaman was exceptional, the story was brilliant, the support characters were tremendous and brought a lot to the story and finally the whole world and design is beautiful. Unfortunately 10 episodes isn't enough but brilliant nonetheless.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salman View Post
    Anyone watching Powder on netflix, into ep 16 so far, underrated, glimpses of being like an Indian Sopranos. No over the top bells and whistles like Sacred Games.
    Yeah no one watched it when it came.on television though , also Naved Ansari is Guruji in Sacred games..

It's a show which gained popularity after it was discontinued. Year 2010..

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 @TM Riddle Man like Mobeen on Netflix now.. hilarious first episode!

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 @TM Riddle Man like Mobeen on Netflix now.. hilarious first episode!
    Have not seen this but I know Mobeen is a funny guy and top fella, very popular in my city he's from the same area as Moeen Ali. Down to earth and always tries to help everyone in the inner city. Recently he saved a kids who was being attacked in small heath park. Will give it a watch at some point, I have Netflix now Will be watching The Night Comes for Us today, make sure you check it out as well I have been meaning to for a while heard it's amazing if you're into action oriented horror/thriller/crime.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I think in the UK BBC have the rights for the Mobeen show so it's not available on Netflix here

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Anybody seen "IO"?

Seems a sci-fi end of the world flick.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think in the UK BBC have the rights for the Mobeen show so it's not available on Netflix here
    Ah sorry to know, it is hilarious,the jokes are remarkable

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The Ted Bundy Tapes.

Brilliant 4 part documentary about the infamous serial killer.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You is an amazing show. I binged watched that show and never got bored.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watched Punisher second season? I found it underwhelming compared to the first one.

Recently finished Dark, absolutely fascinating, a must watch for Sci-fi fans.

Ozark is another underrated gem, I basically watch anything with Jason Bateman in it lol.

"You" is the best among the new lot.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stephen King fans here can give castle rock (Hulu) a try, has plenty of intriguing moments and powerful acting albeit with slow pacing.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Started watching The Sinner.

Interesting series - rather a whydunnit, than a whodunnit.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    Anyone watched Punisher second season? I found it underwhelming compared to the first one.

Recently finished Dark, absolutely fascinating, a must watch for Sci-fi fans.

Ozark is another underrated gem, I basically watch anything with Jason Bateman in it lol.

"You" is the best among the new lot.
    Yes, Punisher Season 2 was definitely not as good as Season 1.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished bad blood season 1 really good show, based on Montreal mafia

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Castlevania on Netflix is absolutely outstanding, easily the greatest video game adaptation of all time. Adi Shankar is a genius, when you have the right people running these projects then they are bound to be really really good. 10/10 , can't wait for Season 3

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Castlevania on Netflix is absolutely outstanding, easily the greatest video game adaptation of all time. Adi Shankar is a genius, when you have the right people running these projects then they are bound to be really really good. 10/10 , can't wait for Season 3
    Agree 1000 percent lol it's amazing best anime series on Netflix as well

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Started watching The Sinner.

Interesting series - rather a whydunnit, than a whodunnit.
    2nd season is even better than the 1st one.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Finished Stranger Things Season 1 and 2, very good series, mostly the acting and editing was what made it incredible to watch. I'd recommend it if you like Stephen King books and into psychological horror.

Personally didn't really like Haunting of Hill House, concept seemed quite clich to me, and there were very sudden events that just didn't make sense or interest me because the build up was poor.

If anyone's got any suggests for Sci-fi or horror series like those, I'd like to hear about them.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finished selection day it's s decent show, but I am a little confused Javed is hey suppose to be gay I believe the show will touch on homosexuilty too unless I am mistaken

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    903 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Which order would you recommend watching the marvel series?

I have already watched Luke Cage 1 & 2, Iron Fist 1 & 2, DareDevil 1 & 2.

About to watch DareDevil 3 but was told to watch Punisher 1 and Defenders 1 before doing so.

PCB chairmen are complex. They are airdropped from Mars."
    Shoaib Akhtar

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imranq View Post
    Which order would you recommend watching the marvel series?

I have already watched Luke Cage 1 & 2, Iron Fist 1 & 2, DareDevil 1 & 2.

About to watch DareDevil 3 but was told to watch Punisher 1 and Defenders 1 before doing so.
    They recap in DD 3, defenders 1 is pointless, btw Jessica Jones 1 is amazing

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Any good horror/thriller movie or tv show suggestions ? Have seen the haunting off hill house etc any folk have a top 3 list in this genre, have a week left on my trial

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any good horror/thriller movie or tv show suggestions ? Have seen the haunting off hill house etc any folk have a top 3 list in this genre, have a week left on my trial
    Not exactly of the same genre you are looking for but come under the broader horror territory.

Penny Dreadful: Dracula, Witches, Werewolf, Frankenstein and Dorian Gray, all the classic monsters under the same roof with one of the most aesthetically pleasing Victorian backdrops I have ever seen coupled with some jaw dropping performances from Eva Green, Josh Hartnett and Rory Kinnear.

The Strain: Based on the graphic novel from the master director Del Toro, will keep you glued to your TV.

The Originals: A spin off of Vampire Diaries but don't hold that against it, more sinister, adult oriented and much much darker than usual CW shows.

Castle Rock: If you are a Stephen King fan and enjoy slow burn then this is the show for you, don't expect gore or jump scares, give it time and it's eerie atmosphere will grow on you. Available on Hulu.

The Terror: We have all known fears at some point or the other but fear of the unknown is the greatest of them all. What happens when you are not only fighting your inner demons but also battling hunger, isolation and a primordial entity that your mind can't comprehend? An underrated gem of a series, based on a fictionalized account of John Franklin's Arctic expedition.
    Last edited by Hyperion66; 9th February 2019 at 01:45.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Not exactly of the same genre you are looking for but come under the broader horror territory.

Penny Dreadful: Dracula, Witches, Werewolf, Frankenstein and Dorian Gray, all the classic monsters under the same roof with one of the most aesthetically pleasing Victorian backdrops I have ever seen coupled with some jaw dropping performances from Eva Green, Josh Hartnett and Rory Kinnear.

The Strain: Based on the graphic novel from the master director Del Toro, will keep you glued to your TV.

The Originals: A spin off of Vampire Diaries but don't hold that against it, more sinister, adult oriented and much much darker than usual CW shows.

Castle Rock: If you are a Stephen King fan and enjoy slow burn then this is the show for you, don't expect gore or jump scares, give it time and it's eerie atmosphere will grow on you. Available on Hulu.

The Terror: We have all known fears at some point or the other but fear of the unknown is the greatest of them all. What happens when you are not only fighting your inner demons but also battling hunger, isolation and a primordial entity that your mind can't comprehend? An underrated gem of a series, based on a fictionalized account of John Franklin's Arctic expedition.
    Nice one mate, I will avoid Castle Rock for now as I am already reading a number of King books so once completed will give that a look.

Penny Dreadful is something I need to check out that is right up my street.

Out of the lot, the only option available on Netflix is The Originals although it puts me off due to the Vampire Diaries.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one mate, I will avoid Castle Rock for now as I am already reading a number of King books so once completed will give that a look.

Penny Dreadful is something I need to check out that is right up my street.

Out of the lot, the only option available on Netflix is The Originals although it puts me off due to the Vampire Diaries.
    Penny Dreadful is sublime bro, an absolute masterpiece, hopefully will get it's due credit in future much like The Shining and Twin Peaks.

You could give the originals a try mate, not a stinking teenage melodrama like TVD and much better than the overrated True Blood dare I say.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    2nd season is even better than the 1st one.
    Watched both seasons of The Sinner.

Pretty good.

If you like thriller/horror, then you should enjoy this.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched both seasons of The Sinner.

Pretty good.

If you like thriller/horror, then you should enjoy this.
    Looks good, gotta give it a watch, I have a thing for slow placed character driven storylines lol, hope this fits the bill.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Penny Dreadful is sublime bro, an absolute masterpiece, hopefully will get it's due credit in future much like The Shining and Twin Peaks.

You could give the originals a try mate, not a stinking teenage melodrama like TVD and much better than the overrated True Blood dare I say.
    I saw bits and bobs of TVD but didn't enjoy it, saw True Blood for a season or 2 and thought it was decent but didn't watch beyond that. There's Van Helsing TV Series on Netflix, you checked that out?

Sky over here have the rights to Penny Dreadful at the moment but I imagine it will end up on other platforms eventually

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Anyone who recommends the originals shouldn't be taken seriously.
    It's a literal cringefest in every sense.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I saw bits and bobs of TVD but didn't enjoy it, saw True Blood for a season or 2 and thought it was decent but didn't watch beyond that. There's Van Helsing TV Series on Netflix, you checked that out?

Sky over here have the rights to Penny Dreadful at the moment but I imagine it will end up on other platforms eventually
    Watch Grimm on Netflix. It grows on you and a much better show compared to TVD and it's spin offs.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tumbbad , it's on enthusan..

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who recommends the originals shouldn't be taken seriously.
    It's a literal cringefest in every sense.
    Hates the Originals, recommends Grimm 😂

*slow claps*

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tumbbad , it's on enthusan..
    Yeah Tumbbad is awesome mate, and Ghoul too if you could ignore Radhika Apte and the politically motivated plot it's a damn good mini series.