Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post your weight loss stories

Hey guys
    I am looking to start a diet and lose fat maintaining muscle mass (looking to get in a 6pack look )

so anyone who has done this can you pls share your stories, as am lookin for good diet plan and how to go about it ( just looking for some inspiration )
    Iam new to this and dont know where to start and how much time it usually takes

THanksss

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great initiative and all the best to you. But I think most posters here will have weight gain stories.

Not a great achievement but I cut from 218 to 203 over this year. My goal is to end up somewhere around 195. I'm probably at 18% bf and ideally I'd like that to drop by 5% eventually. The key is to track what you eat, an app like Lose it is good enough for that and to exercise as consistently as you can.

As for how long it takes, that depends entirely on your diet and your workout. But it isn't easy to maintain muscle mass and burning fat alone. You might want to consider working out/cardio before eating breakfast to target fat storage and you'll have to keep track of your macros.

You should check the transformations fat to fit thread on bodybuilding.com forum. There's a lot of inspiring stuff on there.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah its a difficult journey for sure but am sure the rewards are limitless. I guess am at 16% bf but I need to decrease to 10% to have a flat belly (unfortunately thats where I hold most of my fat)
    Im not sure how to go about the diet, what should be the percentage of my carbs consumption and what are best sources of protein with least fat
    Anyone who has gone through this will be much appreciated.... Lets get fit together!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    93kg to 78kg took 1 and half years. You need to be patient and have smaller goals and make fitness part of life rather than a 3 month thing or a 6 month thing.

Remember to be patient and not get frustrated as first 2-3 months the impact isn't much.

On exercise front:

Started with heavy cardio to increase stamina,and now over the time have moved completely to weights.

On the food front:

Gave up all purpose flour,white rice(moved to brown rice once a week).
    Cook your own food(easy to keep an eye) and have nuts and dry fruits when craving for snacks.
    If you are in a western country Chia seeds,flax seeds,quinoa all could help as well.

Best of Luck!

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah99 View Post
    Yeah its a difficult journey for sure but am sure the rewards are limitless. I guess am at 16% bf but I need to decrease to 10% to have a flat belly (unfortunately thats where I hold most of my fat)
    Im not sure how to go about the diet, what should be the percentage of my carbs consumption and what are best sources of protein with least fat
    Anyone who has gone through this will be much appreciated.... Lets get fit together!
    I wish we could start a PP group where we start together, post picture updates and stay motivated. I wish to settle this forum's "meat vs veggie" debate for good.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idea of weight loss exclusively through a diet plan is not a good idea. Dieting causes mobilizations of body fat stores for generating energy for BMR. Too rapid weight loss means excessive mobilizations of fats and physiological metabolism then mainly revolves around Fats. All this happening in The Factory we call as LIVER. Rapid weight loss can cause Fatty Liver, Gall Bladder Stones and Dyspepsia.

With or without dieting, workout is essential for physical and psychological well being. So in order to lose weight, we have to couple dieting with a workout plan.

Over the years for me, this has alternated between weight loss and weight gain. In 4 months from March till July, I managed to lose apx 10Kg through Gym and avoiding use of Carbonated drinks and spicy meals but didn't have to cut down on diet extensively.I had Stopped my workout routine by July and weight had been steady for July and August. From Mid September till now, have gained 3 kgs and I'm planning another 3 months regimen of Gym starting from next month.

If workout scares someone, High resistance cycling is an excellent and even better thing for calories burn out.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    cauliflower rice is a good substitute for people who love their curries but still want to go zero carb. i've tried making pizzas with cauliflower too but those weren't as successful.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Went to Multan in September 2014, weighing in at 215 lbs. While I wasn't fat, I wasn't in the best shape either(height covers up some of the weight) so I decided to get back in shape. Reduced my food intake to one meal per day(dinner) and stopped eating anything for breakfast and lunch apart from a large cup of coffee. This was made easier by the fact that the ridiculous weather in Multan and surrounding areas(job required travelling all across South Punjab) absolutely kills your appetite and the food in that part of the country is, to put it very mildly, not great. By the time I returned in October 2015, I was down to 172 lbs. In the year since, I've put some of the lost weight back on but at 182-183 lbs, I'm still well short of my self imposed 200 lb limit beyond which my body starts getting out of shape.

Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was always a fat kid until in year 11 I decided that enough was enough. I started eating healthily, weights, HIIT and I went from obese to skinny. I was so fat man I had double chins and there was another guy in my year who was fat and I looked like him but I lost a lot of weight and you must be blind to not see I've lost weight. Now though, I'm trying to get muscular but it just doesn't work. I eat a lot of calories and work out a lot but I am still skinny man. i'm actually embarrased to go gym cos people probably think "he's been coming here for ages and he's got no results" I can't be a hardgainer cos I'm not like a naturally skinny person. I take protein shakes and everything, I don't know why I don't get muscular but at least I went from fat to thin

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do some exercise and take high protein diet, as protein unfolding is exothermic process and will help to burn fat at much faster rate.

No matter what you do, don't go into kenogenic state. Seen many people starve themselves to rush back to their lean selves.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Been trying to lose weight for 8 years now. I start losing for a month then get off track.....

I have lost a total of maybe 20 pounds permanently

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gained plenty of weight recently due to some events..

Now will be getting back on the training and dieting regime to regain lost fitness.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Went to Multan in September 2014, weighing in at 215 lbs. While I wasn't fat, I wasn't in the best shape either(height covers up some of the weight) so I decided to get back in shape. Reduced my food intake to one meal per day(dinner) and stopped eating anything for breakfast and lunch apart from a large cup of coffee. This was made easier by the fact that the ridiculous weather in Multan and surrounding areas(job required travelling all across South Punjab) absolutely kills your appetite and the food in that part of the country is, to put it very mildly, not great. By the time I returned in October 2015, I was down to 172 lbs. In the year since, I've put some of the lost weight back on but at 182-183 lbs, I'm still well short of my self imposed 200 lb limit beyond which my body starts getting out of shape.
    I'm looking to shed some weight and this is the sort of approach I prefer since I'll be going back to gain muscle after losing the weight. How much fat did you lose with such an aggressive approach of yours? From what I've read and heard this approach makes you lose more muscle than fat since you body goes in survival mode.

I think Ahmed Shehzad has more talent than Sachin Tendulkar ever had
    -Razzaq

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the unlucky skinny fat kind.

-Razzaq

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moiza View Post
    I'm the unlucky skinny fat kind.
    Nope, you chose to be that way.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the unlucky skinny fat kind. A fat belly with skinny arms. This is the typical body structure in my family. I've always found it hard to decide whether to lose weight and my belly and then go to the gym or the other way round. Not too excited about losing the belly first since I'll become super skinny with my already skinny body. But when I go to the gym with this belly it only becomes larger. A paradox.

-Razzaq

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Nope, you chose to be that way.
    Incomplete post. Posted the full one

-Razzaq

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Incomplete post. Posted the full one
    You don't need to lose weight. Replace the fat with muscle.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm looking to shed some weight and this is the sort of approach I prefer since I'll be going back to gain muscle after losing the weight. How much fat did you lose with such an aggressive approach of yours? From what I've read and heard this approach makes you lose more muscle than fat since you body goes in survival mode.
    Never really measured body fat. Thing with this approach is that you should be careful not to drop your calorie intake too drastically and maintain a decent diet (in terms of quality, not quantity). I was doing about 600-700 calories under my BMR and maintaining a pretty good diet (lots of fruit, lean meat and some vegetables, just avoided carbs and fat). The weight loss wasn't too drastic at less than a pound a week.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Never really measured body fat. Thing with this approach is that you should be careful not to drop your calorie intake too drastically and maintain a decent diet (in terms of quality, not quantity). I was doing about 600-700 calories under my BMR and maintaining a pretty good diet (lots of fruit, lean meat and some vegetables, just avoided carbs and fat). The weight loss wasn't too drastic at less than a pound a week.
    How much of it was around the belly?

-Razzaq

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    You don't need to lose weight. Replace the fat with muscle.
    Wut? You can't replace fat with muscle. You do lose weight (fat) and then gain muscle

-Razzaq

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a Nasir Jamshed and Sohaib Maqsood altogether. 110 to 63kgs 4 years back

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How much of it was around the belly?
    Lost about 5 inches off my waist. Had a slight gut but not the kind you could see under a T-shirt.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't shoot for a six-pack. The main goal is to get your body in to good shape and to feel good. Some people can get to six packs and still feel like crap. Look at guys like Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Asad Shafiq. I'm pretty sure they don't have six-packs, but they are in near perfect shape. Getting a six-pack is fine, but the goal should be to get in great shape overall.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Eating clean, on a diet, making a sacrifice when it comes to eating habits is the hard part. Anyone can get up and go to the gym and exercise, lift weights and do cardio.

It is so hard to give up vices like soft drinks, ice creams, milk shakes, sugar, sugar based beverages for very long. The body eventually reacts and you begin to crave for these things in 2.5-3 weeks again and it is back to square one.

Having moved to Canada 4 years ago, i do miss my cook back home in Pakistan. It is indeed an art to cook deliciously, effectively and cleanly. It can lead to fatigue as well.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Don't shoot for a six-pack. The main goal is to get your body in to good shape and to feel good. Some people can get to six packs and still feel like crap. Look at guys like Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Asad Shafiq. I'm pretty sure they don't have six-packs, but they are in near perfect shape. Getting a six-pack is fine, but the goal should be to get in great shape overall.
    According to science, the healthiest amount of body fat% is between 10-15%. I am currently at 25%, need to somehow reduce it.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFighter View Post
    According to science, the healthiest amount of body fat% is between 10-15%. I am currently at 25%, need to somehow reduce it.
    Whatever method you take, make sure you have a lot of self control and maintain your discipline. I'll pray for you.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I lost 40 kg in 2 years. Went from 118 kg to 77 kg now.

I eat brown roti with food twice a day. Still eat outside rarely. You just need to change your diet to remove all snacks between meals. Reducing the amount of food portions also helped.

I wouldn't say I've reached the end of my weight loss. I still need to lose another 10 kg fat and then start gaining muscle mass which would look right for my height.

I ran about 4 km everyday though I stopped that for the past few months because of some health issues.
    Last edited by Strike!; 22nd October 2016 at 02:41.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike! View Post
    I lost 40 kg in 2 years. Went from 118 kg to 77 kg now.

I eat brown roti with food twice a day. Still eat outside rarely. You just need to change your diet to remove all snacks between meals. Reducing the amount of food portions also helped.

I wouldn't say I've reached the end of my weight loss. I still need to lose another 10 kg fat and then start gaining muscle mass which would look right for my height.

I ran about 4 km everyday though I stopped that for the past few months because of some health issues.
    wow that is truly impressive. well done.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    My friend I think you got the definition of perfect shape wrong, perfect shape would be someone like kohli, shane watson, mitchell johnson , windies players and not asad shafiq.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend I think you got the definition of perfect shape wrong, perfect shape would be someone like kohli, shane watson, mitchell johnson , windies players and not asad shafiq.
    Dont disrespect the Shafiq, you can if you want Yousuf appearing at your house in the middle of the night.

-Razzaq

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe not 2-3 years ago; But he is in great shape now. Probably b/c all of the time he has spent w/Misbah and Younis. I know it's hard to believe Pakistani players are in good shape, but some of them are.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the highest I've ever been is around 165 lbs after a junk-food fueled holiday to the US. But went down to my normal weight of 140 - 145 lbs within a few months.

At the moment just over 150 lbs after another holiday and would like to go just below 140 lbs. Starting gym again soon.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anuk View Post
    wow that is truly impressive. well done.
    Thanks, it's really been worth it, feel a lot healthier after losing weight.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Been mentally disturbed so started eating comfort food and gained a lot of weight and became more stressed. Then work from home, lying on bed whole day, made things worse. Now after a proper job, at least I sit and walk, so have lost a bit of weight. Getting married, but instead of reducing weight, have invested in a sherwani which makes me look fit.

Narendra Modi and Imran Khan Zindabad! NOT

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    I think the highest I've ever been is around 165 lbs after a junk-food fueled holiday to the US. But went down to my normal weight of 140 - 145 lbs within a few months.

At the moment just over 150 lbs after another holiday and would like to go just below 140 lbs. Starting gym again soon.
    If you can't do gym then just do body-weight at home. Also running is good.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Been mentally disturbed so started eating comfort food and gained a lot of weight and became more stressed. Then work from home, lying on bed whole day, made things worse. Now after a proper job, at least I sit and walk, so have lost a bit of weight. Getting married, but instead of reducing weight, have invested in a sherwani which makes me look fit.
    Lol don't turn into a fat uncle. Try to not only reduce wight, but also gain muscle.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Weighed myself at the start of the year and I was shocked.

I've been running/jogging/walking between 6km and 7km every evening for 6 months now and I've managed to lose 11kgs which is very pleasing.

More work to do yet though.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Weighed myself at the start of the year and I was shocked.

I've been running/jogging/walking between 6km and 7km every evening for 6 months now and I've managed to lose 11kgs which is very pleasing.

More work to do yet though.
    Good stuff. There's no stopping what can't be stopped.

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The highest I've ever weighed is 225 lbs but I cut down after. Currently 170 but my goal is to get to 190-195 once I start the bulk again. I hate maintaining it's so pointless.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do I start lol I am losing/gaining 3/4 stones (18/24 kilos) nearly every year for alomost 10 years. I can't mantain my weight as I love food get myself to obesity stage then lose it all over again hate being fat. Peak weight loss 6 stones (around 40 kilos 88 pounds) in 3 and half months massive transformation that was, however it was a crash diet.
    Last edited by Kashmirilion; 13th July 2018 at 04:59.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Weight last yr: 74kg
    Weight now: 68kg

Keep your diet simple. Forget all the fad diets..they are temporary. I simply eat in moderation & do plenty of exercise. I’ll have a small breakfast & one main meal around 5-6. Cut out all junk food. I try to avoid eating after 7pm. Worked for me.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    The highest I've ever weighed is 225 lbs but I cut down after. Currently 170 but my goal is to get to 190-195 once I start the bulk again. I hate maintaining it's so pointless.
    Nevermind, weighed myself again after a week and I'm 165 right now.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Down from 178 to 174 which is around my ideal weight. I have been in the 10 pound range 165-175 for better part of a decade and I intend to stay there.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I think cutting out snacking, chocolates, crisps etc really makes a difference. It's tough but if you put your mind to it and eat other healthier stuff instead of chocolates etc it definitely helps.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think cutting out snacking, chocolates, crisps etc really makes a difference. It's tough but if you put your mind to it and eat other healthier stuff instead of chocolates etc it definitely helps.
    Soft drinks are the biggest. Why do people put this garbage inside themselves?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Also stress eating. A lot of times people just eat because they feel like it and not because they actually need fuel, and most of the time they do this, the foods they are snacking on are junk foods like chocolate, chips.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Down from 178 to 174 which is around my ideal weight. I have been in the 10 pound range 165-175 for better part of a decade and I intend to stay there.
    How tall are you?

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intermittent fasting with my regular work out has changed my life, eat whatever I want.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    How tall are you?
    5'11"

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nevermind, weighed myself again after a week and I'm 165 right now.
    At what body fat percentage do abs show? Or is it different for different people?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    Intermittent fasting with my regular work out has changed my life, eat whatever I want.
    Kindly share with us your eating routine and timings so that we get an idea how intermittent fasting works for you.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was at 78 kg in december but after running and little bit of exercise now my weight is 71.7 kg .

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple years ago I was 275 lbs and i went to the doctor for some routine blood work and she told me I had high cholesterol, very high uric acid, and I was on track for type 2 diabetes. It was a wake up call for me.Today I weigh 190 and iam in the best shape of my life. Feels amazing!

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Kindly share with us your eating routine and timings so that we get an idea how intermittent fasting works for you.
    8 hours of eating and 16 hours of not eating. so I would eat from 9 a.m to 6 p.m.
    I was never big on junk food, always been on a junk free diet, once or twice a week i'll have non-healthy food, such as bag of chips or candy.
    Also I was already on minimum sugar. If you can cut out sugar from your diet, it is the cheapest and readily available drug in every store on every continent. But that Kheer and gajjar Ka halwas, can't give up
    So during those 8 hours I eat almost anything that isn't junk food, by junk food I mean, pop open a bag and consume. Biryani isn't junk food neither is Nihari.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At what body fat percentage do abs show? Or is it different for different people?
    Depends on your genetic fat distribution and how big your abs are. You should start seeing them when you're around 10% but it goes without saying that your abs obviously won't look very defined.

How often do you train them?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    8 hours of eating and 16 hours of not eating. so I would eat from 9 a.m to 6 p.m.
    I was never big on junk food, always been on a junk free diet, once or twice a week i'll have non-healthy food, such as bag of chips or candy.
    Also I was already on minimum sugar. If you can cut out sugar from your diet, it is the cheapest and readily available drug in every store on every continent. But that Kheer and gajjar Ka halwas, can't give up
    So during those 8 hours I eat almost anything that isn't junk food, by junk food I mean, pop open a bag and consume. Biryani isn't junk food neither is Nihari.
    Thank you so much for the details. Looks interesting.

Depends on your genetic fat distribution and how big your abs are. You should start seeing them when you're around 10% but it goes without saying that your abs obviously won't look very defined.

How often do you train them?
    I havent kept a seperate day for abs. I go to gym 6 days a week and train abs almost every day for like 10 minutes after i am done with my weight training. Doesnt seem to be working too well but i guess it has also to do with body fat percentage which i would think is around 15%. What would you suggest?

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    6-7 years ago I went from 107kg to 83kg in 6months by cycling and counting calories. I didnt keep up the diet or the excersise so am back to 100kg again today. So 1 thing I would recommend is to make it a lifestyle change and don't stop excersing once you reach your goal as maintaining your weight is harder than loosing it.

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the details. Looks interesting.

I havent kept a seperate day for abs. I go to gym 6 days a week and train abs almost every day for like 10 minutes after i am done with my weight training. Doesnt seem to be working too well but i guess it has also to do with body fat percentage which i would think is around 15%. What would you suggest?
    Yep, work on getting that percentage down. Keep your core tight while working out, it'll make doing abs easier for you.

If you want to see how strong your core is, get someone to punch you there.