Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    If Aamir can play , then Asif should be allowed to play . Question is can he perform at International level.
    Amir did wrong, huge wrong and did it knowingly. But at least he was literally a kid who was influenced by his cheat captain and senior opening bowler. Asif has no such excuse. In the end Amir admitted the offence too whereas Asif and Butt did not.

Select Asif or not is another question but I just don't see his case and Amir's case as the same. That's not a soft spot for Anir or any bias - if anything Asif was the better bowler. But the facts are the facts I'm afraid.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Austin, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    This is International Cricket buddy. We don't just offer places to players, to give them a "chance".
    We do if the player is a hell of lot more talented then others!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Amir did wrong, huge wrong and did it knowingly. But at least he was literally a kid who was influenced by his cheat captain and senior opening bowler. Asif has no such excuse. In the end Amir admitted the offence too whereas Asif and Butt did not.

Select Asif or not is another question but I just don't see his case and Amir's case as the same. That's not a soft spot for Anir or any bias - if anything Asif was the better bowler. But the facts are the facts I'm afraid.
    The facts were considered in determining the lengths of their bans, but some of what you have written is fiction, not fact.

Firstly, at the point at which the bans were issued, all three players were maintaining their innocence.

Secondly, Amir's offences were at least twice as bad as Asif's. He bowled two no balls to Asif's one, and Amir did it for money whereas Asif did not.

This was balanced by Amir's supposed age of 18, although that is no longer widely believed.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrees1990 View Post
    We do if the player is a hell of lot more talented then others!
    In the case of Asif what has he done to prove he still has it in him?

Let's induct him into the national based on performances six years ago... Flawless Logic.
    Last edited by Ellipsism; 1st November 2016 at 04:54.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    The facts were considered in determining the lengths of their bans, but some of what you have written is fiction, not fact.

Firstly, at the point at which the bans were issued, all three players were maintaining their innocence.

Secondly, Amir's offences were at least twice as bad as Asif's. He bowled two no balls to Asif's one, and Amir did it for money whereas Asif did not.

This was balanced by Amir's supposed age of 18, although that is no longer widely believed.
    If Asif didn't bowl those no-balls for money, what was the purpose of the no-balls? Do you have a link to support your claim?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    If Asif didn't bowl those no-balls for money, what was the purpose of the no-balls? Do you have a link to support your claim?
    It's all in the ICC report and the daily newspaper reports.

Marked banknotes from the newspaper were found in the possession of Amir, Butt and Majeed.

No notes were found in Asif's possession, and he had neither banked nor wired cash. Majeed's admission of guilt at his Newton hearing stated that Asif refused the request to bowl no-balls, that he refused to be paid, and bowled it only when Majeed begged for a no ball as a favour.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post

In most countries you are legally an adult at 18. So this literally a kid excuse doesn't fly. Hell even at 16 most would know selling out your country for money is bad.

I can understand when someone doesn't want Asif coming back because he hasn't played at this level for six years, or because he hasn't played in domestics enough since his come back.

But blatantly backing Amir and then opposing Asif and Butt on moral grounds is downright hypocritical.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wonder if Junaids is related to Asif in some way

Asif will need to sustain high level performance for a season to prove his form as well as fitness before getting a consideration for Test cricket. Specially after not playing at the top level for 5+ years.

I am not one of those who when expressing opinions confine themselves to facts.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good that he isn't picked , he would need a year or two to get into rhythm in international cricket and by then it would be time to retire.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    No-one can doubt his stamina now.

Even with a mild side strain he bowled 31 overs in the second innings of the top of the table clash against United Bank and took 3-90 as WAPDA widened their lead at the top of the QEA table.

So he bowled 41 overs in the match.

I think there is a meaning behind the Pakistan squad to New Zealand only having 16 players.

I think the door is ajar if Mohammad Hafeez, Salman Butt or Mohammad Asif can make a compelling argument for selection for the tour of Australia that follows.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Even with a mild side strain he bowled 31 overs in the second innings of the top of the table clash against United Bank and took 3-90 as WAPDA widened their lead at the top of the QEA table.

I think there is a meaning behind the Pakistan squad to New Zealand only having 16 players.

I think the door is ajar if Mohammad Hafeez, Salman Butt or Mohammad Asif can make a compelling argument for selection for the tour of Australia that follows.
    I doubt that, surely they'd give them the NZ series at least instead of sticking them in a high profile tour like AUS; not that am saying it would be a bad idea in terms of Asif but this is how the selectors/management operate.

It's all about planning ahead and the crop for NZ will be the pool which will play in AUS even though the conditions between AUS and NZ are distinct, plus Asif has not played Test Cricket in a long time and while Amir came straight into a high profile series he had been bowling a lot more then Asif would have before the Australian tour.

So while I want Asif on AUS at any cost I would be shocked if he is selected, in fact I''ll eat my hat.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I doubt that, surely they'd give them the NZ series at least instead of sticking them in a high profile tour like AUS; not that am saying it would be a bad idea in terms of Asif but this is how the selectors/management operate.

It's all about planning ahead and the crop for NZ will be the pool which will play in AUS even though the conditions between AUS and NZ are distinct, plus Asif has not played Test Cricket in a long time and while Amir came straight into a high profile series he had been bowling a lot more then Asif would have before the Australian tour.

So while I want Asif on AUS at any cost I would be shocked if he is selected, in fact I''ll eat my hat.
    I've never known Pakistan take as few as five quicks on a major tour to Australia or England.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would love it if he returned however can only see it happening if there was demand from strong voices. By this I mean ex players and other important people from the media as this puts pressure on PCB.

If there is no demand from public voices I can see him just fading away into the distance. If I remember correctly this was the case for Amir too. There was lots of talk from many people for him to return and eventually the PCB decided to recall him.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've never known Pakistan take as few as five quicks on a major tour to Australia or England.
    On the last tour to Australia they took 5 as well - Asif, Amir, Sami, Rauf and Gul.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ausvpak0...ad/438635.html

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What is the normal recovery time for 35 years old medium fast pacer suffering from mild to moderate side strain ?

Are 3 days enough ?

@Convict ? @Mamoon

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    What is the normal recovery time for 35 years old medium fast pacer suffering from mild to moderate side strain ?

Are 3 days enough ?

@Convict ? @Mamoon
    Difficult to tell because it differs from case to case, but a grade one side strain for a 35 year should mean at least 2 weeks rest.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He isn't going be selected give it up guys.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Austin, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
    We dont need a drug attic and sell out of his country in the team
    Then why is amir playing on this wonderful team. Amir and butt actually were found guilty and had proof against. There was absolutely zero proof against asif. Asif got screwed by his lawyer or whatever. If he tried hard enough, he easily would've gotten out of it.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Montreal-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ICC has cleared Mohammad Asif to play for Pakistan. They did so 14 months ago.

The PCB Chairman stated on 14 July 2016 that Asif and Butt would be selected if they "Knock down the door" with their performances. He explicitly stated that past misdemeanours were not an impediment to selection - it would be based on performance.

Mohammad Asif has done exactly that.

His performance against Peshawar was so exceptional that all four wickets were shown by ESPNCricinfo, something which never happens for domestic performances in Pakistan.

It was the best performance by a Pakistani right-arm quick for 6 years.....since Mohammad Asif last played for Pakistan.

Pakistan is about to embark on Test tours to New Zealand and Australia. Even after Asif's six year absence, there is no other right-arm quick who has nailed down a place - Sohail Khan is down on pace, short on stamina and just plain inferior to Mohammad Asif. And Imran Khan can't even get into the team in the absence of Asif.

Mohammad Asif is now almost 34.

It's now or never.

And not just for Asif.

If Pakistan wins in Australia, they secure the Number 1 ranking in Test cricket. If they lose, they will fall to number 5.

As I wrote, it's now or never. For BOTH Asif AND Pakistan.
    I agree if we're being fair the guy deserves one more shot to. If he performs great if not then discard him. But right now he deserves a chance to prove himself.

I would want him in the Australia tour. It would be amazing to watch Amir and Asif opening the bowling again for Pakistan.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    I agree if we're being fair the guy deserves one more shot to. If he performs great if not then discard him. But right now he deserves a chance to prove himself.

I would want him in the Australia tour. It would be amazing to watch Amir and Asif opening the bowling again for Pakistan.
    No, if we're being fair, then he should never play for pakistan again. You say he deserves a chance to prove himself? He's had chance after chance after chance, and each time he's gotten caught up with another problem that brings shame to the nation. He doesn't deserve any more chances. Time to invest in the future.

Greatness is a choice. Mediocrity is a disease.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Montreal-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adil_909 View Post
    No, if we're being fair, then he should never play for pakistan again. You say he deserves a chance to prove himself? He's had chance after chance after chance, and each time he's gotten caught up with another problem that brings shame to the nation. He doesn't deserve any more chances. Time to invest in the future.
    I started watching cricket in 2011, so I don't know what he has done other than the spot fixing.

All I know is he is a good bowler and if we're talking about performance wise he is definitely one of the better bowlers in Pakistan.

But if he has done more to disgrace the country than the spot-fixing, he doesn't deserve a third chance.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    After seeing a bowler with a similar skillset in Philander do so well I hope Asif makes it for this tour too. I know I'm stretching it and being a fan boy by comparing the two but honestly this is probably the last tour we have in a long while where Asif will be needed.

Our pace attack is a zero right now. You can cry about Amir's drop catches or w.e, but there's no lethal weapon.

Please *** replace Sohail Khan with Asif.

Hope this inspired selection happens.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    I started watching cricket in 2011, so I don't know what he has done other than the spot fixing.

All I know is he is a good bowler and if we're talking about performance wise he is definitely one of the better bowlers in Pakistan.

But if he has done more to disgrace the country than the spot-fixing, he doesn't deserve a third chance.
    Trust me at his peak he was an unreal bowler. Such a shame he didn't focus more on cricket otherwise he could have gone down as one of Pakistan greats.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ptv Sports has shown last 4 Daynight matches of QEA. Ptv As an alternative is Ptv National showing today's daynight match between Wapda & SNGPL ?

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Any Poster from Khi who is at ground atm ?

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    998 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Any Poster from Khi who is at ground atm ?
    Lol what do you think man.

On topic. This pitch in Christchurch was made for him

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post

Actually some hardcore fans have gone to the ground to watch him bowl. Though wrt pak domestic this is strange.

Yes indeed if you magnify Azhar's 1st innings dismissal.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any updates on his injury?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would disagree. Thus far, I've gone to watch 4 matches only in this season. We always cry about having no cricket but the fact is, even First Class matches are exciting if you're a cricket fan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    998 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdullahSalman View Post
    Would disagree. Thus far, I've gone to watch 4 matches only in this season. We always cry about having no cricket but the fact is, even First Class matches are exciting if you're a cricket fan.
    do you just go solo?

also how is the xperience. are there more than 100 spectators?

only domestic match i ever went to was like 10 yrs ago of karachi vs sialkot t20 semi final thats it. very blockbuster lineup with sami, afridi, fawad, khalid, sohail khan, sarfaraz, asif, malik, rana naved, imran nazir and a couple of others

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Actually some hardcore fans have gone to the ground to watch him bowl. Though wrt pak domestic this is strange.

Yes indeed if you magnify Azhar's 1st innings dismissal.
    Is he playing in this match or repairing his "slight strain" for 4 weeks now?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Is he playing in this match or repairing his "slight strain" for 4 weeks now?
    The latter.

I'm guessing that after Salman Butt bowled him for 43 overs it wasn't such a small side strain anymore.....

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you just go solo?

also how is the xperience. are there more than 100 spectators?

only domestic match i ever went to was like 10 yrs ago of karachi vs sialkot t20 semi final thats it. very blockbuster lineup with sami, afridi, fawad, khalid, sohail khan, sarfaraz, asif, malik, rana naved, imran nazir and a couple of others
    Unfortunately yaar, there's hardly anyone there other than the ball boys. Even saying 50 genuine spectators would be an overstatement. I've gone with a couple of cricket fanatic friends to 3 of the matches and for the last one, went all the way to Sialkot lol to see Tabish Khan play. :p

And for t20, I've gone to many over the last couple of yrs but that line up is craazzyy good. Hopefully will go to PSL Final if it is in lhr.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This pitch was custom made for Asif.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So much for being rested for the Super Eight stage eh?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think he will play next match.

Any update on his recovery from side strain ?

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif is better than Rahat/Imran/Amir.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    Asif is better than Rahat/Imran/Amir.
    Asif isn't better than our domestic trundlers.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had concerns with Asifs pace - but sohail and imran are barely any quicker.. and not moving the ball..

there are 20 year olds i know whom swing the ball and bowl better pace than them.

If you runs fast.. you bowls fast. - Rawalpindi Xpress.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    811 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Work on his batting? Isn't that what you say to every other good fast bowler not being selected? Why is Asif exempt from that?

You cannot ask us to take sides against arithmetic - Winston Churchill

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    He should be bowling tomorrow hopefully

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    cant wait to see him back in action. Hopefully will get selected for Australia

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    On PakPassion's query regarding Asif's involvement in the QEA, Salman Butt replied saying : "He wasn't fit in previous games so we want him to bowl a bit in nets before he is back"
    Last edited by MenInG; 26th November 2016 at 13:03.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back Asif

Pakistan needs a strike bowler badly.

Present crops of pace bowlers in Pakistan team don't have the capabilities to blow away the opposition even on helpful conditions.They can't change the complexion of the game with a fiery spell of hostile pace and seam bowling.They hardly take a 5 wicket haul.A leg spinner has become the only strike bowler in a team of Imran,Wasim,Waqar,Shoib!

Bring back Asif, who used to possess those qualities.At least try him and other potential newbies fast bowling talents. Pakistan badly needs a change.Otherwise, a massive slide in test ranking is waiting for them like ODIS.
    Last edited by Mainul; 28th November 2016 at 01:04.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Sohail is bowling absolute garbage.

Warner and Smith are going to murder him.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Sohail is bowling absolute garbage.

Warner and Smith are going to murder him.
    What do you expect from a 38 years young man bowling 40+ overs in about 3 days? Come out of your dream with Asif - he won't last 3 days of an AUS Test.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Asif is playing this match.

Let's see how fit he is and how he performs on placid (reputation) Niaz stadium Hyderabad wicket on Day2 and Day4.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How is he doing?

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    What do you expect from a 38 years young man bowling 40+ overs in about 3 days? Come out of your dream with Asif - he won't last 3 days of an AUS Test.
    That's because he will make sure the match is over in 3 days by taking all the wickets :p

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif is playing this match.

Let's see how fit he is and how he performs on placid (reputation) Niaz stadium Hyderabad wicket on Day2 and Day4.
    How did he perform?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    How did he perform?

Wapda haven't bowled yet.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    For Asif to play Day Night Pink Ball Televised Final of Quaid e Azam Trophy Wapda need to dismiss Ssgc under 353.

SSGC are 270/7 at the moment with WK Maqbool Ahmad 53* and allrounder Mohammad Irfan 15* at the Crease.

Whichever team takes 1st innings Lead will most likely be in the final vs HBL.

@BD-Warrior @Junaids

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Maqbool & Irfan fighting.

SSGC needs 60 more runs.

Ball is 30 overs old now.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Stumps Day 3

SSGC 298/7

Maqbool 57*

Irfan 30*

56 runs needs by SSGC to qualify for Final while Wapda needs 3 wickets within next 54 runs.

# Cliffhanger

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he should be banned from international cricket regardless of his domestic performances.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    He has just done precisely what he was told to do to get selected.

With WAPDA on the verge of elimination in what was effectively a Quaid e Azam semi-final, Mohammad Asif has bowled them into the Final with a spell of 3-0-3-3.

His First Class average this season is now 21.33, compared with 23.80 for domestic First Class before his ban.

He has kept his side of the bargain.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    He might end up positioning himself for a recall against WI.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    He might end up positioning himself for a recall against WI.
    He might, but that makes no sense.

The current tour of Australia could end with Pakistan anywhere from Number 2 to Number 6 in the rankings.

The selected right-arm pacers are nowhere near international class.

Mohammad Asif was, and clearly still IS, now that he has just satisfied the performance conditions that he was given for selection.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The current tour of Australia could end with Pakistan anywhere from Number 2 to Number 6 in the rankings.

Mohammad Asif was, and clearly still IS, now that he has just satisfied the performance conditions that he was given for selection.
    I concur cause Sohail Khan is an abomination of a selection.

BUT,

The ship has sailed on the AUS tour for Asif.

1) Requires Injury In The Squad For Selection
    2) Chemistry Is A Concern (i.e. adding a renowned disruptive influence + spot fixer into the squad)
    3) Essentially Criticized Bowling Partners Two Days Ago (Fits With Point #2 Above)
    4) No International Experience For 6+ Years
    5) Inzi Is Firm With His Selections After His Mind Is Made Up (i.e. Ahmed Shahzad/Umar Akmal)

I don't see the AUS tour happening for him. It's well past that now.

He's going to play in the final for his domestic team and get selected for WI. If not, you can assume his career is done cause the selectors have decided against it.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You wouldn't wish injury upon anyone however I think the only way for Asif to make the Australia tour now is if a couple of pacers from the current test squad get injured.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what on earth is this? he has satisfied performance conditions because of four games??? what is this nonsense? and this game - taking out numbers 7, 10 and 11 is some kind of international recall type of performance, when his opening bowling partner took out both openers and arguably the best fc batsman in pakistan?

1) he wasnt fit enough to pay half the games in the tournament
    2) he has underperformed both his own teammates and more than half of the bowlers in the tournament

= he is nowhere near ready for selection. he absolutely has not satisfied performance conditions, more so he has failed them hands down.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Wow. Asif had saved his best for the moment He was Most needed. Simply Fantastic.

MashaAllah.

Hope He takes a Tenfer in Live Telecasted Day night Final with Pink Ball and makes Comeback soon.

I hope and Pray that Asif stays Fit.

If he stays Fit than I want him to do what Hadlee did. InshaAllah.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I pray to Allah that Asif gets selected asap, this guy can match some of the top bowlers in the world if he walks back in such as Steyn, Anderson, Starc etc.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    I pray to Allah that Asif gets selected asap, this guy can match some of the top bowlers in the world if he walks back in such as Steyn, Anderson, Starc etc.
    Slow down, he just dismissed a wicket-keeper and two tail-enders!

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Slow down, he just dismissed a wicket-keeper and two tail-enders!
    Lool I know but seriously he's better than the current crop we have right now.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow. Asif had saved his best for the moment He was Most needed. Simply Fantastic.

MashaAllah.

Hope He takes a Tenfer in Live Telecasted Day night Final with Pink Ball and makes Comeback soon.

I hope and Pray that Asif stays Fit.

If he stays Fit than I want him to do what Hadlee did. InshaAllah.
    When is the live broadcast?!

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    When is the live broadcast?!
    WAPDA vs HBL, Dec 10-14. D/N game.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Someone must take responsibility for the Asif disaster

For the last 15 months every trick in the book has been used to delay or obstruct Mohammad Asif's return to international cricket.

He was obstructed from playing First Class cricket last season. This year his performances have been ignored, but more to the point the selectors have wilfully gone into the biggest tour of all - to Australia - without the only decent right-arm quick that Pakistan has got.

The excuses have got lamer and lamer.

First he couldn't be selected because he hadn't played Domestic First Class. (Even though that was because the PCB was making him do a Rehabilitation program that the ICC had ordered it to complete BEFORE the ban ended).

Now that he has played First Class - and been a class above everyone else in the two crucial matches of the season - the excuses continue to dribble out. First Class cricket is too weak, it doesn't mean anything.

When is someone going to take responsibility for this debacle?

Pakistan has so far had two winnable series outside Asia this year. It drew one and lost the other.

They are now odds-on favourites to lose the Brisbane Test which was made for Asif's skill set.

This is not an accident. This has happened due to the delaying tactics of some people and because of the blindness - possibly wilful blindness - of the selectors.

And the victims in this are the Pakistan public, who have to swallow defeat after defeat (three Tests in a row so far) because people are too busy settling scores to pick the best bowler the country has.

For the record, Mohammad Asif's full figures since last Monday, when his team faced elimination, are:

10-3-9-6

Who is responsible, and when is this going to stop?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He only has himself to blame.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    998 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes that someone is Mohammad Asif

It takes some doing to get into trouble with such regularity for such a wide range of offences

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    998 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Also stop assuming what the Pakistani public wants.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Junaids, right on target.

Inzamam ul Haq is that man, one of the most clueless selectors we've ever had.

How can you NOT select M. Asif for the Aus tour, when you know very well about the Day/Night Test at The Gabba?

You have NO ONE apart from Amir and especially Asif who can wreak havoc there. With Asif, I bet Australia would be unable to cross even 100 in an innings on such a pitch!!

This is McGrath of today, being wasted in Pakistan's domestic circle, just because of Inzi and PCB!!

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    998 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    @Junaids, right on target.

Inzamam ul Haq is that man, one of the most clueless selectors we've ever had.

How can you NOT select M. Asif for the Aus tour, when you know very well about the Day/Night Test at The Gabba?

You have NO ONE apart from Amir and especially Asif who can wreak havoc there. With Asif, I bet Australia would be unable to cross even 100 in an innings on such a pitch!!

This is McGrath of today, being wasted in Pakistan's domestic circle, just because of Inzi and PCB!!
    Why doesn't Misbah take a stand and ask for his recall? With his influence he can easily make it happen

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a beauty by Asif today. Rising to the occasion in the final.

Reminscence of peak Asif in 2010.

It is CRIMINAL by Inzi to not select him for the Aus tour, potentially causing us to lose the Test series where we had the highest chance of winning.

Without Asif, it looks difficult. Only Amir can't do much, he has to hunt with a partner - Wahab/Sohail/Rahat are NOT that partner.

McGrath of the modern era - M Asif.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    That someone is Mohammad Asif. If he had not been greedy or dishonest, we would not be in this position

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why doesn't Misbah take a stand and ask for his recall? With his influence he can easily make it happen
    Because chief selector has the most say.

ANYBODY not calling for his selection has done a criminal negligence, including Misbah.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ok....I was against rushing this bloke back into the team but Man oh Man !! GET HIM ON A PLANE THE MINUTE THIS GAME ENDS PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Beauty after Beauty after Beauty.... Bowled like 24-30 peaches in a entire spell of 7 overs. It looked as if he would get a wicket every freaking delivery.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    998 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Ok....I was against rushing this bloke back into the team but Man oh Man !! GET HIM ON A PLANE THE MINUTE THIS GAME ENDS PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Beauty after Beauty after Beauty.... Bowled like 24-30 peaches in a entire spell of 7 overs. It looked as if he would get a wicket every freaking delivery.
    Anywhere I can get highlights now?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_V_2msN_o

Official PTV. Rewind to around 2:10 for 1st wicket, typical Asif.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PTV might pull up some highlights reel later, but you'd apparently have to wait the the end of the day for that....At the moment apart from social media I am not too sure where you would be able to get these !!

Edit : Check the post above me