Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    At 34 years age Diesel Engine needs time to Heat Up.
    There's no point waiting, we must move on from Butt and Asif and invest in younger talent like Imam, Bashir etc.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    There's no point waiting, we must move on from Butt and Asif and invest in younger talent like Imam, Bashir etc.

You are few years younger than me so you don't know the addiction and the pull of watching trundling Asif do the magic he used to do.

He showed only a trailer of it in last QEA trophy final when he had come off a kniggle 6 days ago only and than got that poor stomach bug during match.

This Bashir isn't even close to Asif in any way. I know for Asif it's almost over but I wanted to see his performance in QEA grade 2.

Anyhow did you see Rabbani bat and bowl in Emirates Cup ? If Yes how did he shape up ?

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Abbas continues to play, Asif won't be back!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Rama, Astore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJames View Post
    He shouldn't be back regardless of Abbas playing or not. We're done with fixers in our side.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too old to be back now

We have Asif Mk.II in the making; Abbas!

“High house shadow, and a knife in the dark. A new game's begun, or the old one's just turned.”

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Are you under 23 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    He shouldn't be back regardless of Abbas playing or not. We're done with fixers in our side.
    Are you under 22 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    too old to be back now

Are you a teenager ?

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Rama, Astore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you under 22 ?
    What does age have anything to do with with this? He doesn't merit a spot in the side and even if he did, Pakistan cannot afford to play fixers anymore. Especially after the PSL spot fixing saga.

Anyway, going by your typing skills, I should be asking you if you're under 12. So, lets stop getting personal and stick to giving our insight on the matter.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does age have anything to do with with this? He doesn't merit a spot in the side and even if he did, Pakistan cannot afford to play fixers anymore. Especially after the PSL spot fixing saga.

Anyway, going by your typing skills, I should be asking you if you're under 12. So, lets stop getting personal and stick to giving our insight on the matter.
    even if we set aside the spot fixing saga for a moment, Asif is almost 35, injury prone, haven't done anything extraordinary in first class recently. So he doesn't deserve to be selected.
    People are stuck in the past when Asif was world class and their favoritism clouds their judgment.

“High house shadow, and a knife in the dark. A new game's begun, or the old one's just turned.”

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Rama, Astore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even if we set aside the spot fixing saga for a moment, Asif is almost 35, injury prone, haven't done anything extraordinary in first class recently. So he doesn't deserve to be selected.
    People are stuck in the past when Asif was world class and their favoritism clouds their judgment.
    Exactly. Like I said, he simply doesn't merit a place. Plus, we can't have any more liabilities in the field. Especially a lanky guy who can't bend down to save his life.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

حضور اک سوال سے آپکے جذبات مجروح ہوگئے ہیں ؟

Stop getting personal ?

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Rama, Astore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    حضور اک سوال سے آپکے جذبات مجروح ہوگئے ہیں ؟

Stop getting personal ?
    Bhai maaf karna agar aapko bura laga.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    too old to be back now

Calm down. Asif was a one-off bowler.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Bhai maaf karna agar aapko bura laga.
    بھائی آپ معاف کر دیں مجھے کہ خاکسار نے آپکو تکلیف پہنچائی۔

معذرت قبول کریں۔

I am Sorry.

Stay blessed.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you under 23 ?

Are you under 22 ?

Are you a teenager ?

No.

I fully understand that Asif "was" a one a generation talent but due to PSLfixing his chances for a come back have taken a back seat. Abbas can be worked with because he has good seam position and can bowl good tidy lines.

This discouarges the come back for Asif due to PSL (fixing scandal) and Asif being older. I never claimed that we have found a replacement for Asif (that's foolish)

You may disagree with the analysis and that's fine.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the PCB should have taken a gamble and selected him for the Eng/NZ/Aus tours. But they didn't. And now it's probably too late. He's too old.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No.

I fully understand that Asif "was" a one a generation talent but due to PSLfixing his chances for a come back have taken a back seat. Abbas can be worked with because he has good seam position and can bowl good tidy lines.

This discouarges the come back for Asif due to PSL (fixing scandal) and Asif being older. I never claimed that we have found a replacement for Asif (that's foolish)

You may disagree with the analysis and that's fine.

I respect your opinion.

Actually Asif was never competing with Abass.

I agree that with PSL saga Asif's career might be over. As a fan I hope not. But it's almost over.

Wahab and Rahat are having average time as Test Pacers since last two years while Imran has only played 2-3 tests in last 1 year due to injury and his scores in fitness tests have always been very average so although overall he has been better than Wahab and Rahat but Mickey doesn't like him due to him being less pacy and let fit.

This meant giving chances to new guys. No One deserved more than Abass. Abass had taken 120 odd FC wickets in last two FC seasons so He wasn't having any competition from Asif or anyone else.

Asif was hard done by PCB. He should have done rehabilitation in last 6 months of Ban but dash PCB woke up by ICC tweet. Asif and Butt both should have played 2015-2016 FC seasons. With this Asif should have toured England with both Test and Odi squad.

In last FCC season Asif has bowled 2 of the best 3 FC spells of whole FC season.

He bowled a delivery which I haven't seen in Test Cricket in last 7 years. I am trying to get footage and will post here. That footage was on twitter for few days. He bowled a Peshawar batsman on a relatively flat surface. Pitched on 6th stump and hit on top of leg stump while missing Bat and Pad.

Asif has never ever topped FC season. Never was in top 3 ever either. He also has never experienced a serious injury of knees, shoulders, back or groin. He was never a gym, running or swimming freak yet 7 years later he has exactly the same physique and same weight.

At age 34-35 Asif hasn't even played half the amount of FC matches Walsh, McGrath and Hadlee had played by that time. 60 % less wear and tear.

Hadlee took more than half his test wickets post age 34. He had two career threatening injuries prior to that. Walsh took 200 odd Test wickets post age 34.

McGrath, Hadlee and Walsh averaged same or even better in last 3, 5 and 7 years of their Test Careers. Hadlee played until 39-40.

Test Cricket is never about age or speed. It is about performance. No Test Cricketer has ever scored more Test Centuries than Younis Khan post age 35 (actual 35 age of his)

It is not a sin or inferiority to be a teenager or under 23 guy. We all have gone or go through that phase of life. Adrenaline rush is a thing. A guy has Test debut bowls 5 overs and things are said wrt Asif. What has Asif got to do with it ? Few impressive deliveries or a bowler seaming deliveries also doesn't mean He is Asif or Asif like or next Asif. Teenagers or Young brothers have lesser experience of watching cricket plus they generalise more. For instance they believe that post 35 careers fold while in Test Cricket it is all about winning tests for your country whatever your age is. Harris and Rogers are examples. Harris just got frustrated and retired but prior to injury He was consistently bowling above 90mph. And it isn't about speed in all cases, McGrath in his last 1 year of Test career after having played 170 FC matches was bowling 95 % of his deliveries under 130 kph yet he was still having similar averages and strike rates. So it varies from case to case.

Asif got a strong stomach bug in QEA final. Thanks to PCB's A grade food. Everyone had ruled out the old horse before the final. Yet prior to stomach bug all the batsman were clueless and shocked of what he was doing with the ball. With No Cricket for 6 years Asif has struggled as much as his 9 years younger brother Amir who since his comeback has had niggles and scares all the way. This isn't an old age thing.

Lastly I believe and propose that If a player does Spot fixing while playing International Cricket than he should be banned for 5 years and He should only be eligible to make a comeback to International and league Cricket if and when He pays 50 % of his earned money through International Cricket prior to ban through central contract and match fees. If a player is ready for this than fine and go ahead for both Int and League cricket otherwise No.

While in case of Match fixing straightaway Life Ban should be imposed.

As per 2010 circumstances I was huge Asif and Amir fan but I supported their bans. They deserved it. I never said that they should be banned for lesser years. They got due rewards for their ills. But Asif has been robbed of 2 years of International Cricket since his Ban ended. This is not fair. You can't punish people thrice for same offence. Jail, 5 years Ban, 5 years financial setback for agreeing to Spot fix and carrying it out for a friend for No money was justified punishment but PCB tried to be Angelic since than when as per Rashid fixers have visited PCB.

We might not see magicians like Asif in our entire LIFE.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Asif is probably the biggest Pakistan Cricket Loss of the last two decades - Guy was an absolute genius !

Him and Zahid could've been one of era defining bowlers for Pakistan but alas - it never came to be.......

As Amir once very famously saiid something along the lines of

'You can find thousands of bowlers like me on the streets of Pakistan but you will not be able to find a single Muhammad Asif even if you tried looking'

Guy had the most amazing control I've seen someone have after Wasim and McGrath

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I would still select Asif over Wahab Riaz, I hope Asif continues to work hard on his fitness and plays FC cricket to give himself a chance. Who knows, maybe he"ll feature in the 2019 WC in England and with two new balls he can be effective. Shoaib Akhar played for pak in the 2011 WC no reason we can't give Asif a chance in the future, just needs to force the selectors hand through his FC performances iA

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of a statement is this? Amir is playing for Pakistan and similarly Asif should be given a chance.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If pakistan can't even win this test series against West indies then who knows it could be a possibility

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif > Rahat + Imran + Abbass + Amir + Wahab

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    Might as well put in Junaid and Hassan Ali for extra credit.......

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Almost 2 years have passed since the ICC cleared Mohammad Asif to play international cricket again.

If it hasn't happened yet, it isn't going to.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I respect your opinion.

I agree that with PSL saga Asif's career might be over. As a fan I hope not. But it's almost over.

Wahab and Rahat are having average time as Test Pacers since last two years while Imran has only played 2-3 tests in last 1 year due to injury and his scores in fitness tests have always been very average so although overall he has been better than Wahab and Rahat but Mickey doesn't like him due to him being less pacy and let fit.

This meant giving chances to new guys. No One deserved more than Abass. Abass had taken 120 odd FC wickets in last two FC seasons so He wasn't having any competition from Asif or anyone else.

Asif was hard done by PCB. He should have done rehabilitation in last 6 months of Ban but dash PCB woke up by ICC tweet. Asif and Butt both should have played 2015-2016 FC seasons. With this Asif should have toured England with both Test and Odi squad.

In last FCC season Asif has bowled 2 of the best 3 FC spells of whole FC season.

He bowled a delivery which I haven't seen in Test Cricket in last 7 years. I am trying to get footage and will post here. That footage was on twitter for few days. He bowled a Peshawar batsman on a relatively flat surface. Pitched on 6th stump and hit on top of leg stump while missing Bat and Pad.

Asif has never ever topped FC season. Never was in top 3 ever either. He also has never experienced a serious injury of knees, shoulders, back or groin. He was never a gym, running or swimming freak yet 7 years later he has exactly the same physique and same weight.

At age 34-35 Asif hasn't even played half the amount of FC matches Walsh, McGrath and Hadlee had played by that time. 60 % less wear and tear.

Hadlee took more than half his test wickets post age 34. He had two career threatening injuries prior to that. Walsh took 200 odd Test wickets post age 34.

McGrath, Hadlee and Walsh averaged same or even better in last 3, 5 and 7 years of their Test Careers. Hadlee played until 39-40.

Test Cricket is never about age or speed. It is about performance. No Test Cricketer has ever scored more Test Centuries than Younis Khan post age 35 (actual 35 age of his)

It is not a sin or inferiority to be a teenager or under 23 guy. We all have gone or go through that phase of life. Adrenaline rush is a thing. A guy has Test debut bowls 5 overs and things are said wrt Asif. What has Asif got to do with it ? Few impressive deliveries or a bowler seaming deliveries also doesn't mean He is Asif or Asif like or next Asif. Teenagers or Young brothers have lesser experience of watching cricket plus they generalise more. For instance they believe that post 35 careers fold while in Test Cricket it is all about winning tests for your country whatever your age is. Harris and Rogers are examples. Harris just got frustrated and retired but prior to injury He was consistently bowling above 90mph. And it isn't about speed in all cases, McGrath in his last 1 year of Test career after having played 170 FC matches was bowling 95 % of his deliveries under 130 kph yet he was still having similar averages and strike rates. So it varies from case to case.

Asif got a strong stomach bug in QEA final. Thanks to PCB's A grade food. Everyone had ruled out the old horse before the final. Yet prior to stomach bug all the batsman were clueless and shocked of what he was doing with the ball. With No Cricket for 6 years Asif has struggled as much as his 9 years younger brother Amir who since his comeback has had niggles and scares all the way. This isn't an old age thing.

Lastly I believe and propose that If a player does Spot fixing while playing International Cricket than he should be banned for 5 years and He should only be eligible to make a comeback to International and league Cricket if and when He pays 50 % of his earned money through International Cricket prior to ban through central contract and match fees. If a player is ready for this than fine and go ahead for both Int and League cricket otherwise No.

As per 2010 circumstances I was huge Asif and Amir fan but I supported their bans. They deserved it. I never said that they should be banned for lesser years. They got due rewards for their ills. But Asif has been robbed of 2 years of International Cricket since his Ban ended. This is not fair. You can't punish people thrice for same offence. Jail, 5 years Ban, 5 years financial setback for agreeing to Spot fix and carrying it out for a friend for No money was justified punishment but PCB tried to be Angelic since than when as per Rashid fixers have visited PCB.

Is there any rule Sir, when you defraud or cheat a company or entity and it refuses to hire you after you return from your sentence, you are being dealt unfairly?

Is there any rule Sir, that you must be hired by the same organization you willingly defrauded because you were crucial to the organization's success once upon a time?

Is there any rule Sir, that if the organization decides that it is not in its best interests to rehire a crook, it is considered being punished extra?

Or perhaps there is a rule that if you are talented and commit a wrong, you should pay the price and then be fast tracked into the team..'.

Since you seem so much angry Sir at the refusal of PCB to induct As if, perhaps you will help me analyze these certain rules.

If such rules do not exist, I hope you realize you are misleading the masses into believing that Asif is continuously being punished when in reality the organization and its fraudulent entity have simply parted terms.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Is there any rule Sir, when you defraud or cheat a company or entity and it refuses to hire you after you return from your sentence, you are being dealt unfairly?

Is there any rule Sir, that you must be hired by the same organization you willingly defrauded because you were crucial to the organization's success once upon a time?

Is there any rule Sir, that if the organization decides that it is not in its best interests to rehire a crook, it is considered being punished extra?

Or perhaps there is a rule that if you are talented and commit a wrong, you should pay the price and then be fast tracked into the team..'.

Since you seem so much angry Sir at the refusal of PCB to induct As if, perhaps you will help me analyze these certain rules.

If such rules do not exist, I hope you realize you are misleading the masses into believing that Asif is continuously being punished when in reality the organization and its fraudulent entity have simply parted terms.

Wrist Test would have confirmed that a person was not a teenager but 20, 21. Would have been banned for 7 years woth 2 years jail sentence because of recovery of marked money.

Special treatment to one wasn't justified.

Equivality was missing. Asif and Butt should have played 2015-2016 Quaid e Azam trophy.

Many players have been repeat offenders. No need to only make one an example that too someone who has been punished.

Let Atta ur Rehman's book get published. All Angels will come down from their high moral horses only targetting one individual.

I don’t want to debate further. Rather than picking 2 lines I would have liked you to see the context. I have always endorsed the punishment.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    I remember Amir saying (when they got banned):

"Mujh jaisy bowler to aur bhi mil jayen gai par Asif bhai jaisa bowler nahi milay ga".

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should comeback if he performs in domestic, Pakistan are in serious need of quality bowlers in Test cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    He should comeback if he performs in domestic, Pakistan are in serious need of quality bowlers in Test cricket.
    He did.

His QEA stats were basically identical to the old days, and it was his magical spell in the Final which quickly knocked over Imam-ul-Haq and Fakhar Zaman and won the match and the tournament.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I respect your opinion.

POTW excellent stuff,

TalentSpotter do you think Asif has a chance to return now? going to be tough but there's no denying he deserves a spot in the team

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can accept Amir coming back. There are a number of mitigating circumstances for him (age, inexperience, pressure from senior players, instant fame etc) but for both Asif and Butt, those 2 things do not apply. Butt was the captain and instigator while Asif wasn ot only an experienced pro with lots of money in the bank and a recognised, world class name, he was also Pak's premier bowler. On top of all that, Asif has had numerous offenses before that, related to drugs and disciplinary issues.

Someone like those two should not keep getting chances PLUS no matter how good their domestic performances, both men are well past 30. They are not long term prospects for Pakistan. We have a good budding crop of bowlers coming through who should be given the chance to develop, not some 36 year old cheat.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respect your opinion.

This has to be POTW for me, what I won't do to see Asif in test whites again. If he finds no place in ODI so be it, but tests is where PCB needs him

For those who keep bringing up that he is a repeat offender or ineligible for selection, let PCB come out and say it, till they don't he deserves to showcase his talent and be picked on merit. He is Class!

FONT=Arial]MODI you dont need 3D, you NEED AFRIDI!![/FONT]

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batting of Pakistan is so poor that if they have like 4 asifs in there team like he was 7 years ago they would still lose.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to move on. It's as though some of you think Asif was one of the greatest bowlers of all time.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wrist Test would have confirmed that a person was not a teenager but 20, 21. Would have been banned for 7 years woth 2 years jail sentence because of recovery of marked money.

Special treatment to one wasn't justified.

Equivality was missing. Asif and Butt should have played 2015-2016 Quaid e Azam trophy.

Many players have been repeat offenders. No need to only make one an example that too someone who has been punished.

Let Atta ur Rehman's book get published. All Angels will come down from their high moral horses only targetting one individual.

I don’t want to debate further. Rather than picking 2 lines I would have liked you to see the context. I have always endorsed the punishment.
    Take a step back and drink a glass of water.

I am not saying you said they didn't deserve punishment.

Your post is well thought out and I can agree with you to every extent that Pakistan might need Asif and his skills for next 1-2 years.

That part I don't even disagree with.

I only picked out the part I disagreed with, because you conveniently, tried to show that PCB was punishing Asif by not picking him.
    I totally disagree.
    Once again ....

Is there any RULE THAT IF YOU DON'T PICK A PLAYER YOU ARE PUNISHING HIM ESPECIALLY IF HE HAS CHEATED YOU?

Now try to understand my context.

I agree with everything in your post except these 2 lines.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
    Time to move on. It's as though some of you think Asif was one of the greatest bowlers of all time.
    If you followed his bowling -live or video, and not a scorecard you too would believe in his ability

It's at this time people bring up a) o he has been away for 6 yrs, he can't be the same and b) we all thought the same about Aamir but look at how he has been since return
    The answer to a) has already been given many times in this thread and b) well Aamir had the xfactor in 2010, he wasn't a finished article, but Asif.... Boy was we Phenomenal or what, his stats might not show it but the look on the batsmen typically gave it away, he held one end so tight that wickets came from the other end, no wonder fast bowlers talk about hunting in pairs, and I am sure if Asif was on one end and bowling the way he did back then we would have no concerns about our new fast bowling pairs