Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Bro what are you doing currently?

Uni next year for me iA.

Grade 12 courses will be Advanced Functions, English, Data Management, Economics, Financial Accounting, Calculus, Organizational Behaviour.

Looking to go for B Comm and then CPA. Accounting for life.

Either York U (Schulich), Waterloo, UTM, or U of T as a uni.

Am I going on the right track?
    I know somebody where you live that did the samething, he's attended mcmaster and is now really successful in Canada's banking industry

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    is it only me, or do the all the fellow North Americans who change their clocks back an hour hate it?

I personally hate it so much. Maghrib by 4:45, completely dark by 5:30, long, dark and gloomy nights. Always miss Zuhr because I am in school. Back to back prayers, approximately 2 hours between each prayer barring Fajr.
    Ugh I hate it
    I'm learning to appreciate because it won't go away.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    got out hit wicket yesterday. Why does this bs always happen.
    Cause you're too scared to face
    Gotta hav that attitude.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    That is light-years away from my field of expertise. Maybe someone like @Slog could better help you out.

However what I do know is that you either go to U of T or Waterloo, otherwise it is better if you setup phul sabzi ka thayla

Does attending U of T Scarborough/George over UTM make a big difference? Because UTM will be very easy to commute to.

Waterloo the city is dead so I don't know.

You went to McGill, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    I know somebody where you live that did the samething, he's attended mcmaster and is now really successful in Canada's banking industry
    Really? Mac for accounting?

Or was it DeGroote school of business?

Because I haven't heard Mac being beneficial for this field before, TBH.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Does attending U of T Scarborough/George over UTM make a big difference? Because UTM will be very easy to commute to.

Waterloo the city is dead so I don't know.

You went to McGill, correct?
    Yes I went to McGill

And yes any campus of UofT would be good. I'm not a big fan of York, Ryerson and other small GTA universities. I've worked with people from those schools and lets just say they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Also Waterloo and UofT grads are highly sought after specially in the GTA, and the grads are quality.

I hear Western has an amazing business school, however living in London, Ontario is too much khuwari..

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Yes I went to McGill

And yes any campus of UofT would be good. I'm not a big fan of York, Ryerson and other small GTA universities. I've worked with people from those schools and lets just say they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Also Waterloo and UofT grads are highly sought after specially in the GTA, and the grads are quality.

I hear Western has an amazing business school, however living in London, Ontario is too much khuwari..
    How was McGill?

Yeah so UTM it probably is.

York U's Schulich school of business is lit, and I know this guy who went there and is living lavish right now.

Ryerson is pretty waste, yeah.

UofT George/Borough will be too far and although it's better, the fee for my program is double there.

Yeah Ivy is sauce. But as you said, too much khuwari.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hold on, weren't you in software engineering.

Why you taking thermo?

And yes thermo is one of the hardest courses you will ever take (if you are in mechanical)
    Taking Thermodynamics 1 as my elective.

Midterm was alright, nothing too complicated, just REALLY long and only had 1 hr 15 min to do it. Managed to do every question just not enough time to check work over. Also, doubt is now starting to play on my mind whether or not I checked the values on the correct tables + work equations. :s

Wait? One of the hardest? People told me its one of the easiest elective.

And thank you @Square Drive it went OK.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    How was McGill?

Yeah so UTM it probably is.

York U's Schulich school of business is lit, and I know this guy who went there and is living lavish right now.

Ryerson is pretty waste, yeah.

UofT George/Borough will be too far and although it's better, the fee for my program is double there.

Yeah Ivy is sauce. But as you said, too much khuwari.
    I, for the life of me can't do anything business related or commerce. It is such a BORE + too confusing for me.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes I went to McGill

McGill >>>>> Concordia. Teachers here are not that great + aren't your lectures video recorded?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Taking Thermodynamics 1 as my elective.

Midterm was alright, nothing too complicated, just REALLY long and only had 1 hr 15 min to do it. Managed to do every question just not enough time to check work over. Also, doubt is now starting to play on my mind whether or not I checked the values on the correct tables + work equations. :s

Wait? One of the hardest? People told me its one of the easiest elective.

And thank you @Square Drive it went OK.
    I don't know how it works over in Concordia, but Thermo 2 and Fluids 2 were definitely the hardest courses I took during my program. Thermo 1 was hard too but nothing impossible. Fluids 1 was chill.

I find it hard to grasp that people from other engineering programs can take engineering courses as electives. At McGill you could only take electives from outside your own faculty.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Cause you're too scared to face
    Gotta hav that attitude.
    Lol no thanks, don't think i want to sweep every bowler no matter who comes on

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I don't know how it works over in Concordia, but Thermo 2 and Fluids 2 were definitely the hardest courses I took during my program. Thermo 1 was hard too but nothing impossible. Fluids 1 was chill.

I find it hard to grasp that people from other engineering programs can take engineering courses as electives. At McGill you could only take electives from outside your own faculty.
    For us, there's one general education elective in which we can take courses outside our faculty. Two basic science from a list of electives and then some technical elective from a SOEN list.

Basic Science List:

Credits

BIOL 206* Elementary Genetics 3.00
    BIOL 261* Molecular and General Genetics 3.00
    CHEM 217* Introductory Analytical Chemistry I 3.00
    CHEM 221* Introductory Organic Chemistry I 3.00
    CIVI 231 Geology for Civil Engineers 3.00
    ELEC 321 Introduction to Semiconductor Materials and Devices 3.50
    ENGR 242 Statics 3.00
    ENGR 243 Dynamics 3.00
    ENGR 251 Thermodynamics I 3.00
    ENGR 361 Fluid Mechanics I 3.00
    MECH 221* Materials Science 3.00
    PHYS 252* Optics 3.00
    PHYS 384* Introduction to Astronomy 3.00
    PHYS 385* Astrophysics 3.00

Suppose I pass thermo 1, then I'd have to take another one from the above list.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol no thanks, don't think i want to sweep every bowler no matter who comes on
    Doesn't matter how you get them. As long as they are there.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 how many courses in a semester did you take at McGill. I feel like 5 is waaaaay too much overkill.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter how you get them. As long as they are there.
    I'm a showman, need to hit the good looking shots doesn't matter if it's just 20 off 17

Quality over quantity

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    For us, there's one general education elective in which we can take courses outside our faculty. Two basic science from a list of electives and then some technical elective from a SOEN list.

Basic Science List:

Credits

BIOL 206* Elementary Genetics 3.00
    BIOL 261* Molecular and General Genetics 3.00
    CHEM 217* Introductory Analytical Chemistry I 3.00
    CHEM 221* Introductory Organic Chemistry I 3.00
    CIVI 231 Geology for Civil Engineers 3.00
    ELEC 321 Introduction to Semiconductor Materials and Devices 3.50
    ENGR 242 Statics 3.00
    ENGR 243 Dynamics 3.00
    ENGR 251 Thermodynamics I 3.00
    ENGR 361 Fluid Mechanics I 3.00
    MECH 221* Materials Science 3.00
    PHYS 252* Optics 3.00
    PHYS 384* Introduction to Astronomy 3.00
    PHYS 385* Astrophysics 3.00

Suppose I pass thermo 1, then I'd have to take another one from the above list.
    Statics is so much work. Professor keeps scaring us with Dynamics, so no idea how I'll do there.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Statics is so much work. Professor keeps scaring us with Dynamics, so no idea how I'll do there.
    Yeah by far the hardest intro courses going by my friends who are in MEng/CIVI etc. I think they all took tutoring for it. I guess just hope the curve is in your favor

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 how many courses in a semester did you take at McGill. I feel like 5 is waaaaay too much overkill.
    5 is the standard I guess, yes it gets hard specially around this time in the semester.

One semester I took 6, that was crazy.

However, in my last semester I had only 3 courses left and I was chilling like a baus

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yeah by far the hardest intro courses going by my friends who are in MEng/CIVI etc. I think they all took tutoring for it. I guess just hope the curve is in your favor
    I have the solution manual. But thankfully I don't have to take thermo (I think??)

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys I'm doing either Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering. I don't think i'll be able to do it though b/c i'm not that smart. In 1st year of college btw.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Guys I'm doing either Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering. I don't think i'll be able to do it though b/c i'm not that smart. In 1st year of college btw.
    Better to give it a shot and fail, than to not try at all and wonder "what if..?". Look, put in the work and time and go from there. If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Emphasis on putting in the work and not loafing (like me )

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have the solution manual. But thankfully I don't have to take thermo (I think??)
    Not too sure how it is where you go. Better to check the course sequence, I'm sure they have it somewhere on your Uni website.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I think my SIG aptly describes me..

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better to give it a shot and fail, than to not try at all and wonder "what if..?". Look, put in the work and time and go from there. If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Emphasis on putting in the work and not loafing (like me )
    Ok thanks. Hopefully I follow way and not way.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    @Belawal2014 business is where it's at bud. It's common sense and is actually fun.

Well yeah, it does get boring but hey, any job you end up doing will be boring and will be a pain in the assets (pun intended).

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got destroyed by my Statics/Dynamics final Doing Civil Engineering without having Physics as a subject in senior high school wasn't the brightest idea
    Last edited by angrypathan; 8th November 2016 at 08:22.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    Got destroyed by my Statics/Dynamics final Doing Civil Engineering without having Physics as a subject in senior high school wasn't the brightest idea
    My high school didn't let me take physics.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Am the biggest jobber there is yet I can call me self a rocket scientist in 7 months time once graduate I agree with Belawal, it's better to say oh well rather then what if?

If you want a challenge then pursue your engineering ambition but I think something like optometry/pharmacy is worth the blood, sweat and tears because the moment you graduate you will be balling with $$$ and the recruitment process involves just negotiating pay once you have qualified and have passed your pre reg.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    @Rayyman best to stick to your strengths imo but it's all dependent on what you're looking for and your personal circumstances etc

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @Rayyman best to stick to your strengths imo but it's all dependent on what you're looking for and your personal circumstances etc
    Wanted to do something easier, but Desi parents forced me to do Engineering.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Wanted to do something easier, but Desi parents forced me to do Engineering.
    Forget about easier or harder, just do something with excellent prospects and stick at it and you'll come good so long you don't quit

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    @Rayyman Do you watch the walking dead
    Last edited by MenInG; 8th November 2016 at 14:28. Reason: read Post#1 for rules

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget about easier or harder, just do something with excellent prospects and stick at it and you'll come good so long you don't quit
    Ite thanks.

No I don't watch Walking Dead. Don't really watch any TV shows or movies. Just play video-games and sports in free-time.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Am the biggest jobber there is yet I can call me self a rocket scientist in 7 months time once graduate
    Yeah but it's not exactly brain surgery, is it?

"Uss Din Eid Mubarak Hossi Jiss Din Fer Milan Day"

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by endymion248 View Post
    Yeah but it's not exactly brain surgery, is it?
    That's not exactly Rocket Science is it

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Ite thanks.

No I don't watch Walking Dead. Don't really watch any TV shows or movies. Just play video-games and sports in free-time.
    Same, I started to do that to; contemplating moving on to games to although maybe not wise as its me final year of study. I don't have a PS4 was thinking of getting one during Kalahh Friday

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same, I started to do that to; contemplating moving on to games to although maybe not wise as its me final year of study. I don't have a PS4 was thinking of getting one during Kalahh Friday
    I probably won't be playing video-games at your age though.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I probably won't be playing video-games at your age though.
    I didn't play them at your age still

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't play them at your age still
    Why would you start then?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Why would you start then?
    Why not?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not?
    Waste of time. I know this b/c I play.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    All you guys talking about uni, I still got time

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Got an email this morning from my Thermo 1 teacher saying I did really well on the midterm (>95%). I'm more surprised at the fact that this man graded 175 copies of the exam in literally a day and a half. Impressive.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got an email this morning from my Thermo 1 teacher saying I did really well on the midterm (>95%). I'm more surprised at the fact that this man graded 175 copies of the exam in literally a day and a half. Impressive.
    Dude, that's very impressive. How do you study?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    All you guys talking about uni, I still got time
    That's what I said when I was failing classes in high school.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Dude, that's very impressive. How do you study?
    I am probably the biggest loafer you can come across. I kid you not. I skip every lecture class and loaf away at home, on pp, watching tv shows, playing cricket and whatnot. I do not advise ANYONE to do this, it's horrible and keeps on biting me in the rear when I have to go all out and study non-stop in the last couple of days before the exam.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am probably the biggest loafer you can come across. I kid you not. I skip every lecture class and loaf away at home, on pp, watching tv shows, playing cricket and whatnot. I do not advise ANYONE to do this, it's horrible and keeps on biting me in the rear when I have to go all out and study non-stop in the last couple of days before the exam.
    You will be an excellent engineer iA

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I procrastinate a lot too but you've mastered it. If I have to get a score >95% the I normally have to start the work a week before the exam

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You will be an excellent engineer iA
    hmm, not too sure about that. ahaha.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I procrastinate a lot too but you've mastered it. If I have to get a score >95% the I normally have to start the work a week before the exam
    It's been my strategy since Grade 10.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hmm, not too sure about that. ahaha.
    No.. if you are saying you are such a slacker but are still able to pull through and do well on exams means you pick up concepts very quickly and do not need to work very hard to understand difficult ideas. All the hallmarks of a very competent engineer.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    On a more serious note though, it really depends on what subject you're trying to study...

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No.. if you are saying you are such a slacker but are still able to pull through and do well on exams means you pick up concepts very quickly and do not need to work very hard to understand difficult ideas. All the hallmarks of a very competent engineer.
    I'm not worthy of that much praise. Thank you anyways, though.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I felt good reading this because this is my EXACT situation atm. I stay up till 2 am or 3 watching shows doing God knows what skip lecture class and then grind like crazy..

I'm not bragging either. This is such a toxic way to go about college.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May Allah help all of us succeed in our respective futures.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I felt good reading this because this is my EXACT situation atm. I stay up till 2 am or 3 watching shows doing God knows what skip lecture class and then grind like crazy..

I'm not bragging either. This is such a toxic way to go about college.
    I keep telling myself next semester will be better, and I will be tidier, but kya kare, aadat se majboor.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Younus smiley!!!!!!!!

What is the best situation to use it in?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You can thank yours truly for asking for it

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Fishing perhaps

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New smiley: Amir looking freshh.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I bet no one on this forum has seen more movies than me

Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    I bet no one on this forum has seen more movies than me
    Are you a film major?

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Are you a film major?
    Name:  IMG_1640.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  81.9 KB

I'm doing computer science major at u of t and didn't bother with taking film studies which would have no benefit. I ask people I know what they did in film studies and they tell me how they watched Pulp Fiction for the first time and that I should watch it

Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I'm doing computer science major at u of t and didn't bother with taking film studies which would have no benefit. I ask people I know what they did in film studies and they tell me how they watched Pulp Fiction for the first time and that I should watch it
    What are you specializing in comp sci? Also, how are you finding the math for comp sci?

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What are you specializing in comp sci? Also, how are you finding the math for comp sci?
    It's not that bad. U of T is notoriously hard for first years though so there is a lot of work. I will decide exactly what I want to do in computer science, next year.

Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    It's not that bad. U of T is notoriously hard for first years though so there is a lot of work. I will decide exactly what I want to do in computer science, next year.
    I see. Good call.

Personally, for me, I found the the math for comp sci course pretty hard having never done anything similar in the past. Found it much harder than Cal 1,2 and 3 where at least there were x's and y's.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I see. Good call.

Personally, for me, I found the the math for comp sci course pretty hard having never done anything similar in the past. Found it much harder than Cal 1,2 and 3 where at least there were x's and y's.
    Pakistani high school math is difficult so it prepares you well

Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Maths during my Engineering days was tough. Double integral etc were deceptively tough.

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeetu View Post
    Maths during my Engineering days was tough. Double integral etc were deceptively tough.
    I'd rather do that than coding. I hate it, and I'm not even doing a computer science related major.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'd rather do that than coding. I hate it, and I'm not even doing a computer science related major.
    ahahahaha I hate coding and I'm in SOEN.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just realised that the PAK v NZ test is actually on Wednesday and not Thursday due to the time differences. Yay!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it depends on your career goals, a film major does help open windows in showbiz. My school has a renowned film and music program and quite few famous people went here so it's gotta be worth something

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just realised that the PAK v NZ test is actually on Wednesday and not Thursday due to the time differences. Yay!
    Reading this just made me realize that. Hell yeah!

Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    New smiley: Amir looking freshh.
    ---> ---> --->
    (teens) (mid 20s) (late 30s) (60s)

average Pakistani guy transformation.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ---> ---> --->
    (teens) (mid 20s) (late 30s) (60s)

average Pakistani guy transformation.
    Naah. The 3rd dude is like 50

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -I'm a teen and I do not look like that.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    -I'm a teen and I do not look like that.
    I'm in my mid 20s and I still look like that lol..

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    springdale brampton
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have added some more smilies for those interested

Check suggestions forum

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Reading this just made me realize that. Hell yeah!
    It's brilliant! Watch all day

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I just shaved and I now look like a 12 year old..