The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    btw, what are you doing still up so late
    Its winter break man. Was playing some ps4. Gonna sleep now. You?
    Last edited by aliasad1998; 25th December 2016 at 08:17.

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Its winter break man. Was playing some ps4. Gonna sleep now. You?
    Yeah, just played a game of CS:GO. Off to bed now too.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_pakistani View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    InshAllah brother. Hopefully things will get better. Just maintain your cool, stay strong and keep the belief in Allah. Keep praying and at the same time also keep at ur business. For wealth I think they say if u read surah waqia every night you will never hv poverty.
    Surah e Waqia for wealth ?
    Yes.
    Well there's your answer then to all of Pakistan's problems and the means to get the tens of millions out of poverty and make everyone rich.
    Why not have a special evening tv slot where every one joins in together. Maybe even pass a law forcing everyone to do just that - a bit like the Indians passing a law to play the anthem before the start of every movie at the cinema and forcing everyone to stand while it's being played.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Well there's your answer then to all of Pakistan's problems and the means to get the tens of millions out of poverty and make everyone rich.
    Why not have a special evening tv slot where every one joins in together. Maybe even pass a law forcing everyone to do just that - a bit like the Indians passing a law to play the anthem before the start of every movie at the cinema and forcing everyone to stand while it's being played.

Hahahaha. Well said.

This is where the issue is.

Quran was revealed for guidance. It was not revealed for mantar, magic, wazeefay, khaatmay, qul, chehlam, barsi etc etc.

It is a message from Allah which needs to be read, understood and applied in daily life as much as one can.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha. Well said.

Quran was revealed for guidance. It was not revealed for mantar, magic, wazeefay, khaatmay, qul, chehlam, barsi etc etc.

It is a message from Allah which needs to be read, understood and applied in daily life as much as one can.
    Try telling that to the mullah types.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha. Well said.

This is a Hadith of the Prophet (PBUH). If you don't believe it that's your faith. Some of these things are symbolic as well. It doesn't mean you will make millions over night.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is a Hadith of the Prophet (PBUH). If you don't believe it that's your faith. Some of these things are symbolic as well. It doesn't mean you will make millions over night.

Any hadith which contradicts quranic direct message or principle has to be binned.

There are not some scientific issues which were not adressed 1500 years ago rather these are fundamentals principles of Islam.

There exists no such thing in the time of He Pbuh or in times of the Caliphs.

Even if you say there is a Hadith please share.

Note : Personally I don't mind you having any belief but healthy respectful debate is fine. I would like to be educated.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    First of all are these Ahadees Authentic ? Are they Sahi Ahadees ?

Number 2 : Can we extract only literal meaning ? For instance what is poverty ? For me a person with poor morals is also poverty stricken. For me an uneducated person is also poverty stricken as he does not have wealth of knowledge.

Number 3 : if only literal meaning is to be taken which is against fundamentals of Quran and law of justice and struggle than there were many pious hungry Sahaba RA who had no food to eat and with severe hunger they used to belt their wastes with stones. Didn't they know that reading this Surah every night will take away poverty from them ?

Number 4 : Even today there are mllions of Muslims who cannot afford 2 meals per day. Don't they know aboutthis Wazeefa ? or Naoozbillah words of Hazur Pbuh are proven wrong ?

Open u your minds. Use your brain. Be raional. When quran says we made you from soil than it doesn't mean the soil on which plants grow. Otherwise when you take bath mud should be formed or when patients are operated mud should be found inside body. Clearly soil is used as a metaphor.

Similarly if any person recites Quran understands its message and implements its teachings in his life like for instance Sahaba RA than that person will never be poverty stricken in terms of morals and will never have spiritual diseases so will be healthy forever as Quran will give him Shifa.

Learn the reason of why Quran was revealed what the purpose was. These Wazeefay and wazeefaana beliefs was never the purpose of Quranic revelation.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 25th December 2016 at 18:46.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's 75 degrees today, so Un-Christmaslike. It was like 13 degrees last week, the weather here is so bipolar.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    On my honeymoon trip and kept bumping into Pakistanis whole day. Three separate times. Mrs CC was impressed by the conversation I could strike with them.

Narendra Modi and Imran Khan Zindabad! NOT

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all are these Ahadees Authentic ? Are they Sahi Ahadees ?

Number 2 : Can we extract only literal meaning ? For instance what is poverty ? For me a person with poor morals is also poverty stricken. For me an uneducated person is also poverty stricken as he does not have wealth of knowledge.

Number 3 : if only literal meaning is to be taken which is against fundamentals of Quran and law of justice and struggle than there were many pious hungry Sahaba RA who had no food to eat and with severe hunger they used to belt their wastes with stones. Didn't they know that reading this Surah every night will take away poverty from them ?

Number 4 : Even today there are mllions of Muslims who cannot afford 2 meals per day. Don't they know aboutthis Wazeefa ? or Naoozbillah words of Hazur Pbuh are proven wrong ?

Open u your minds. Use your brain. Be raional. When quran says we made you from soil than it doesn't mean the soil on which plants grow. Otherwise when you take bath mud should be formed or when patients are operated mud should be found inside body. Clearly soil is used as a metaphor.

Similarly if any person recites Quran understands its message and implements its teachings in his life like for instance Sahaba RA than that person will never be poverty stricken in terms of morals and will never have spiritual diseases so will be healthy forever as Quran will give him Shifa.

Learn the reason of why Quran was revealed what the purpose was. These Wazeefay and wazeefaana beliefs was never the purpose of Quranic revelation.
    Ok I am wrong and you are right. No need for debates. I will try using my brain.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey @Slog, this is bit of a personal question but I'm in a similar boat as you were a little time back.

I'm looking to move back to Pakistan permanently (or for an indefinite period of time), in about 7-8 months. However, I am very apprehensive about the move since I would be giving up my good paying job and a career that I have painstakingly built here. I have also spent my entire adult life outside of Pakistan and I might be too "sada" or easily duped by the chaalo people in Pakistan.

How did you adjust to the life in Pakistan and how hard was it to give up the comforts of living in a developed country? Did you find it easy to secure employment or are you involved in a family business?

Any other tips you might have for someone moving back to Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Hey @Slog, this is bit of a personal question but I'm in a similar boat as you were a little time back.

I'm looking to move back to Pakistan permanently (or for an indefinite period of time), in about 7-8 months. However, I am very apprehensive about the move since I would be giving up my good paying job and a career that I have painstakingly built here. I have also spent my entire adult life outside of Pakistan and I might be too "sada" or easily duped by the chaalo people in Pakistan.

How did you adjust to the life in Pakistan and how hard was it to give up the comforts of living in a developed country? Did you find it easy to secure employment or are you involved in a family business?

Going to sleep now so will reply in detail tomorrow

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    In Pakistan atm for the next three weeks. Pakistan in winter is quite nice. Summer is a completely different story though.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Did someone hide it, or did you forget to put on the Night Vision Goggles?
    I would say night vision. Sneaking in bed at night requires you to be stealthy.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohaib Shah View Post
    I would say night vision. Sneaking in bed at night requires you to be stealthy.
    It does. I usually crawl from the top of the stairs into the room, and then lie in ambush for a few minutes.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What are the reasons you are moving back?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What are the reasons you are moving back?
    My parents are alone, and I don't see a future in Canada for myself and my future family. I have seen my cousins grew up here in very shareef gharanay but go on complete tangents due to peer pressure and environment (not saying that kids can't go astray in Pakistan either). I wouldn't want my kids to grow up here. They will be Canadian citizens because of their dad and can come here for university and visiting but growing up here is a big no-no.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My parents are alone, and I don't see a future in Canada for myself and my future family. I have seen my cousins grew up here in very shareef gharanay but go on complete tangents due to peer pressure and environment (not saying that kids can't go astray in Pakistan either). I wouldn't want my kids to grow up here. They will be Canadian citizens because of their dad and can come here for university and visiting but growing up here is a big no-no.
    Fair enough. Makes sense

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

So my move back to Pakistan has been okay. It would be a lie if I say it's been a total breeze and no issues at all but all things considered I am very happy.

I grew up in Pakistan and most of my family (and all immediate) are here so from that sense it wasn't an issue at all. Ofcourse at
    Times you kinda do miss the total independence and freedom to do whatever the hell you want. And there's little things which annoy you which comes in the package of being in a developing country. But really you can't ignore other things like family support, Karachi ka mauhal, low cost of living, culture etc.

Your social life can take a bit of a hit if you don't have many friends here but from high school I do have a lot of friends and have cousins my age so no issue there. Though I wish my university had more alums based in Karachi who were around there the same time I was. I think in your case that shouldn't be an issue. As it is most of the folks I do hang out with went to McGill and prolly your seniors (but let's not get into a guessing game )

Career wise i think our situations are a bit different due to different fields. But from what I know that engineering jobs don't pay much at all so you're better off being entrepreunial if you want to take the risks and have done the homework.

From an employment perspective, Looking back maybe one small thing I would have done is maybe stayed the extra year or two (I worked for about two years after graduation) so that when I did return I would be going for more mid-senior level roles than roles which are more geared towards someone a few years out of college.

Though there's a lot of factors for me there. I may join the family business in the future when I'm in more of a position and have the experience to contribute rather than just live
    Off dads life work. And I am also kind of veering towards attainingmasters/mba too which is why I didn't have the risk appetite to put my savings towards some entrepreunial venture. But for that I'll have to go through rigmarole of going abroad again....

And going off of MIGs thread that aspect was also kind of a major tipping point in all honesty. End of the day I did miss my parents quite a bit. Finally if and when I have any future family Almost most certainly I'd like them to grow up in Pakistan around their grandparents and uncles and aunts if that is the choice so returning sooner or later is always happening even if I do go abroad again.

All I'll say is take your time and don't rush into any decision. Talk to people you know in regards to your field and if employment is the aim Atleast have a general idea of what the market is.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Heeeey, I was born here and I turned out alright? I think. Anyways, what's the missus take on this?

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistani mauhal is much worse.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Is your wife ok with it? I can understand your reasons for wanting to going back but personally I could never dream of ever settling in Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Pakistani mauhal is much worse.

Respectfully No.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Heeeey, I was born here and I turned out alright? I think. Anyways, what's the missus take on this?
    MashaAllah. May Allah always keep you on right path. Aameen.

Well people have to weight in probabilities of kids going astray plus people have family examples aswell.

There is no place like home. Trust me. Syed1 is well educated. His father runs a decent business backhome and Syed intends to grow it further plus he has his own cool ideas for which he has done ground work aswell as got trainings. Importantly he is well educaed MashaAllah. So I have no doubt that by the grace of Allah InshaAllah He will make his way and will be very successful in Pakistan.

I am also with him wrt his intentions wrt parents and future kids.

May Allah bless him.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    So my move back to Pakistan has been okay. It would be a lie if I say it's been a total breeze and no issues at all but all things considered I am very happy.

I grew up in Pakistan and most of my family (and all immediate) are here so from that sense it wasn't an issue at all. Ofcourse at
    Times you kinda do miss the total independence and freedom to do whatever the hell you want. And there's little things which annoy you which comes in the package of being in a developing country. But really you can't ignore other things like family support, Karachi ka mauhal, low cost of living, culture etc.

Your social life can take a bit of a hit if you don't have many friends here but from high school I do have a lot of friends and have cousins my age so no issue there. Though I wish my university had more alums based in Karachi who were around there the same time I was. I think in your case that shouldn't be an issue. As it is most of the folks I do hang out with went to McGill and prolly your seniors (but let's not get into a guessing game )

Career wise i think our situations are a bit different due to different fields. But from what I know that engineering jobs don't pay much at all so you're better off being entrepreunial if you want to take the risks and have done the homework.

From an employment perspective, Looking back maybe one small thing I would have done is maybe stayed the extra year or two (I worked for about two years after graduation) so that when I did return I would be going for more mid-senior level roles than roles which are more geared towards someone a few years out of college.

Though there's a lot of factors for me there. I may join the family business in the future when I'm in more of a position and have the experience to contribute rather than just live
    Off dads life work. And I am also kind of veering towards attainingmasters/mba too which is why I didn't have the risk appetite to put my savings towards some entrepreunial venture. But for that I'll have to go through rigmarole of going abroad again....

And going off of MIGs thread that aspect was also kind of a major tipping point in all honesty. End of the day I did miss my parents quite a bit. Finally if and when I have any future family Almost most certainly I'd like them to grow up in Pakistan around their grandparents and uncles and aunts if that is the choice so returning sooner or later is always happening even if I do go abroad again.

All I'll say is take your time and don't rush into any decision. Talk to people you know in regards to your field and if employment is the aim Atleast have a general idea of what the market is.

Slog may be an year ago you were eyeing GMAT. How did it go or you postponed ? Did you get any scholarship for your bachelors ?

After MBA from America InshaAllah there would be lucrative offers and when you will prefer home and family than you never know one day you getting award for your company for best business from Prime Minister Maryum/Bilawal. (Live on Ptv)

Hope the camera's zoom in (Slog) on your palm.

# Mumkinaat I.A

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Oaey. Apprehensive na ho. Bring back the rage and agression. All will be fine InshAllah.

One of my fathers friend used to say bachay mein Spark hona chaheeay, will make his way at any place.

You are Spark+

InshaAllah you will get success. Prayers with you.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Slog may be an year ago you were eyeing GMAT. How did it go or you postponed ? Did you get any scholarship for your bachelors ?

After MBA from America InshaAllah there would be lucrative offers and when you will prefer home and family than you never know one day you getting award for your company for best business from Prime Minister Maryum/Bilawal. (Live on Ptv)

Hope the camera's zoom in (Slog) on your palm.

# Mumkinaat I.A
    aha thanks for the kind words except PM Maryam/bilawal

yes mba might happen fall 2017 or fall 2018 iA.

yes my bachelors was majority scholarship with rest abba amma money
    Last edited by Slog; 28th December 2016 at 10:20.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4081 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I understand the attachment you guys have to your home and feel the need to return there not only due to your attachments and family etc but to contribute to your place of birth as well mA. Likewise I left the city in pursuit of me education, may even have to work beyond it due to career prospects but I won't be leaving me city and will be contributing towards making it better, I shall not become a deserter and I will not disown the people

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I understand the attachment you guys have to your home and feel the need to return there not only due to your attachments and family etc but to contribute to your place of birth as well mA. Likewise I left the city in pursuit of me education, may even have to work beyond it due to career prospects but I won't be leaving me city and will be contributing towards making it better, I shall not become a deserter and I will not disown the people
    Enrol yourself for the Birmingham Bears team.

No better way of serving a city than landing it a championship title.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Is your wife ok with it? I can understand your reasons for wanting to going back but personally I could never dream of ever settling in Pakistan.
    The lass is ok with it too since she has her family there as well and wants to work in some NGO

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's a very informative post Slog bhai.. helps allay some of my fears. Thanks

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Turns out my cousin who's been working in Dubai for a few years and has an Arab girlfriend has apparently converted to Islam

Must be the first Muslim ever in my family.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Well my intention had been always to take a break from the forum for a good while at end of Aus Test series and today has hastened that

Im sure Ill be back soon enough in a few months time but till then Adios!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Well my intention had been always to take a break from the forum for a good while at end of Aus Test series and today has hastened that

Im sure Ill be back soon enough in a few months time but till then Adios!
    See you next week

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    See you next week
    @Slog is probably lurking around till Sydney.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    @Slog is probably lurking around till Sydney.
    Lol he was active a couple hours ago

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I've been mulling leaving too. The trouble is, I need to begin fresh ventures when the planets align just right, like the new year, the new month, Monday, my birthday etc. That, and it is good manners to leave after hitting a nice round number of posts, which in my case would be 7,000.

That gives me a day to write exactly 436 posts. Is there a match on or something? I could hit that number by contributing to the match thread.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hey guys this is a) very random and b) likely a wild goose chase

However I am looking for a particular Leo Messi tribute video made by a fan and which was sort of going viral a few years ago.

The narrator basically talked about how it was a privelaged to watch messi at camp nou every week and ppl keep asking him why is he still in Barcelona despite bad economy, no jobs etc. And the reason is actually messi.

This is a random request but I want to use the concept for sth else so would be a good guide

Anyone remembers

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey guys this is a) very random and b) likely a wild goose chase

However I am looking for a particular Leo Messi tribute video made by a fan and which was sort of going viral a few years ago.

The narrator basically talked about how it was a privelaged to watch messi at camp nou every week and ppl keep asking him why is he still in Barcelona despite bad economy, no jobs etc. And the reason is actually messi.

This is a random request but I want to use the concept for sth else so would be a good guide

Anyone remembers
    While I don't know the answer for that, it seems you're from a biz family background. Do you have any ideas on what type of venture would be decent in the country, and approx investment required.

Nothing massive scale. Or at least not in the start ;)

Will have varying answers depending on field/sector, but what things would come to your mind if this is asked.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Absolutely dying of a hangover.

The ps2 I brought over with me has a busted CD drive too
    Last edited by jeetu; 8th January 2017 at 04:29.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,is there anyone here who took Psychology in their A Levels?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

why do you still have a PS2 is the question lol

do they even have games being released for that anymore

it got my PS2 in 2002 winter. Still remember it like yesterday. Such happiness for a 11 yr old!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Hey guys,is there anyone here who took Psychology in their A Levels?
    yeah. but gave it 7,8 or so years ago

Ghanta kuch yaad hoga

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    While I don't know the answer for that, it seems you're from a biz family background. Do you have any ideas on what type of venture would be decent in the country, and approx investment required.

Nothing massive scale. Or at least not in the start ;)

Will have varying answers depending on field/sector, but what things would come to your mind if this is asked.
    yaar thats a qs you cant really answer... theres a million variables.

food/restaurant always seems to be the safest bet in a country like ours but i bet it requires good investment and competition is tough. In last 5 years a gazillion new retaurants have opened but still dont think market is saturated

reason prolly is that folks dont have much else activities to spend money on (clubs, partying etc) + we love our food ---> so food works if its good

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah. but gave it 7,8 or so years ago

Ghanta kuch yaad hoga
    Haan ab toh format bhi change hogaya,there are 20 case studies in AS!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

it got my PS2 in 2002 winter. Still remember it like yesterday. Such happiness for a 11 yr old!
    Old games remain classics even with age. Not to mention the PS2 having the greatest game library of any console in history.

Plus I want something to give me some entertainment on slow weekends, if i bring a newer console it'll become distracting.

This way I can relax at times and play some great games as well, win win.

Just need to fix the damn thing

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Lol I still have mine, got one really late into it's life span though, 2009 Still loved it and played it a lot.

Since it was so old I could find games for it for under $5, even got a couple of games for 99 cents

Hooked it up and played it a couple of months ago, memories..

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing like shoveling a bunch of snow in frigid weather and then coming inside and drinking hot chocolate. One of the best feelings in winter.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Lol I still have mine, got one really late into it's life span though, 2009 Still loved it and played it a lot.

Since it was so old I could find games for it for under $5, even got a couple of games for 99 cents

Hooked it up and played it a couple of months ago, memories..
    Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 are my favorite PS2 games.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weather today was between 8 to 20 degrees fahrenheit and had to work outdoors today..... in a tshirt

Fortunately I have a strong threshold for the cold

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    The weather today was between 8 to 20 degrees fahrenheit and had to work outdoors today..... in a tshirt

Fortunately I have a strong threshold for the cold
    Which state of US are you in? And how'd you survive in a tshirt? I had gloves on and my hands were freezing. I have a strong threshold too. I only wore tshirt and light jacket. I was fine shoveling. We can't be compared to Canadians tho.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Which state of US are you in? And how'd you survive in a tshirt? I had gloves on and my hands were freezing. I have a strong threshold too. I only wore tshirt and light jacket. I was fine shoveling. We can't be compared to Canadians tho.
    Tx, near the Okie border. We got a little snow yesterday. It's been frigid this past week, the temps been well below freezing the whole day. Idk how I survived in a shirt, must be the mountain people blood in me

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never wear gloves in the winter, last winter I had the beginnings of frostbite on my hands cause of hanging outside too much but then the weather here is so bipolar

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Man it's so cold outside.. feels like -23C right now

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Man it's so cold outside.. feels like -23C right now
    Winter just started. Still 2 months left.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Most PS2 games are playable on a decent PC through emulator.

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Winter just started. Still 2 months left.
    I know.. I was hoping we would skip winter this year and jump from fall to spring.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "Baby it's cold outside". Anyone heard the old song? It applies right now

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Baby it's cold outside". Anyone heard the old song? It applies right now
    Snowed in srinagar yesterday and the day before. Now the temperature has gotten better for us after it snowed. It was very cold before snowing. Still is, but not as bad as before.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To all those like me suffering from the cold, it's not always a bad thing . Here, have a listen. (This is a newer version of a 1944 song and I think it's the best version.)

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate winters

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    Hate winters
    Theyre not that bad. Just listen to the song

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    First winter in Canada. Not too bad yet.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First winter in Canada. Not too bad yet.
    That's pretty surprising lol.

Drastic weather difference in Khi and Toronto.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That's pretty surprising lol.

Drastic weather difference in Khi and Toronto.
    All that muscle probably keeps me warm

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    All that muscle probably keeps me warm
    Or fat.

-16 degrees Celsius right now. Will drop down to -20 tomorrow. So not ready to go back to school Monday.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or fat.

-16 degrees Celsius right now. Will drop down to -20 tomorrow. So not ready to go back to school Monday.
    How long is winter break usually in Canada?

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mine was from when the last exam ended (13th for me) till the 2nd.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Depends when exams end for you. From the last day of exams till the first day of the next semester I'd say around 18-20 days. This is for my Uni only, other Unis across Canada may have different winter break dates.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was from when the last exam ended (13th for me) till the 2nd.
    Lol mine is 40 days. My semester begins on the 30th I think.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends when exams end for you. From the last day of exams till the first day of the next semester I'd say around 18-20 days. This is for my Uni only, other Unis across Canada may have different winter break dates.
    Oh. It's a longer break here in the US.

You eventually get bored lol. Mine is 40 days, too much tbh.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Oh. It's a longer break here in the US.

You eventually get bored lol. Mine is 40 days, too much tbh.
    When does you winter semester end then?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When does you winter semester end then?
    Fall semester ends around Dec 20th.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Fall semester ends around Dec 20th.
    How about the winter semester?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the winter semester?
    Oh my bad, I don't know how I missed "winter"?

Winter semester runs for 3 weeks from the first week of Jan till the fourth. But only a few courses are offered and most of them are electives so barely anyone attends the winter semester.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 what's your favourite biggie song. My favour rapper after Eminem

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4081 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @aliasad1998 Did you know John Cena has a platinum album, with everything because of his link with WWE he won't be judged objectively but listening to some old tracks he's actually not bad, could have made a career out of it. Was listening to if it all ended tomorrow and bad bad man reminds me a little bit of 50, in an interview recently he said that he is a huge fan of old school hip hop and is out of touch with the current era

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    SO this year I'm looking forward to get into some good university, the only reason for my absence on this GREAT forum.

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by super hitter View Post
    SO this year I'm looking forward to get into some good university, the only reason for my absence on this GREAT forum.
    Undergrad?