Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 1375
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Panamagate Case: Verdict Announced [Post #1167]

    So the hearing of this case is finally started in SC and next date is 3rd November. There is a larger bench of 5 judges for this case and looks like they are not going to spend years on this case (like in past). SC asked govt and opposition for joint TORs and if both parties don't agree thn SC will decide the TORs. PPP isn't going to court so it's between PMLN and PTI in the courts.

    Going by the history of our courts i don't have too much expectations but let's see what happens next.

    This Chief Justice is also going to retire next month.

    (You can bash PTI and IK as much as you want in 2nd November thread but let's focus on the case in this thread)


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A serious question to neutral and pmln supporters on PP how many you really think Shareef family is clean and they can prove their innocence in the court? (IMHO that will be the final nail in the coffin of Imran Khan's politics)


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    19,888
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We all know how courts function in Pakistan. They will give date after date and this case will be long forgotten by the time it reaches its resolution.

    It may even drag to the 2018 elections or beyond.

    As you mentioned the CJ is himself retiring next month, that will itself delay this case.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,367
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had any hopes from the judicial system in this country, especially against a gov.

    HOWEVER, all could be different if the establishment has got the SC in there pockets and want to remove the gov. constitutionally rather than through a coup.

    However if this does happen, we will have the biggest threat of IK turning into a hero or even worse, TUQ coming back to being a new messiah for the nation.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    I've never had any hopes from the judicial system in this country, especially against a gov.

    HOWEVER, all could be different if the establishment has got the SC in there pockets and want to remove the gov. constitutionally rather than through a coup.

    However if this does happen, we will have the biggest threat of IK turning into a hero or even worse, TUQ coming back to being a new messiah for the nation.
    Gillani was sent home by SC (but well PPP was always anti establishment)


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,501
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Leaked video? There is no audio? These all guys know each other from a long time outside politics so i guess it's a non issue (best example is the friendship of Imran, Ch Nisar & Khattak)


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,501
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Leaked video? There is no audio? These all guys know each other from a long time outside politics so i guess it's a non issue (best example is the friendship of Imran, Ch Nisar & Khattak)

    I know. I did not give this title. I posted to calm down friends. Personal enmity is not the way. Should remain friendly and disagree politically.


    Btw, The Female version of Nawaz Sharif pics are genuine or photoshopped ? Too much similarity


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  9. #9
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If IK loses this case, he is finished and PK will be at the mercy of the 2 families for the next 50 years.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    I know. I did not give this title. I posted to calm down friends. Personal enmity is not the way. Should remain friendly and disagree politically.


    Btw, The Female version of Nawaz Sharif pics are genuine or photoshopped ? Too much similarity
    Looks geniune to me lol that female version is interesting.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,266
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Gillani was sent home by SC (but well PPP was always anti establishment)
    Its a different story.

    The SC run by the epic charlatan aka kaana dajjal aka Mr. My-Son drives-a-Rollys-Roye-and-wears-a-Rolex-but-doesnt-know-where-it-came-from aka Iftikhar Chaudhry, made government living hell for PPP. Because of this guy PPP ministers spent more time in courts for random things than they got to spend in parliament.

    PML-N and the establishment has always been their blue eyed boys. SC has saved PML-N this time. Never will this happen to a non-Punjab based govt.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Its a different story.

    The SC run by the epic charlatan aka kaana dajjal aka Mr. My-Son drives-a-Rollys-Roye-and-wears-a-Rolex-but-doesnt-know-where-it-came-from aka Iftikhar Chaudhry, made government living hell for PPP. Because of this guy PPP ministers spent more time in courts for random things than they got to spend in parliament.

    PML-N and the establishment has always been their blue eyed boys. SC has saved PML-N this time. Never will this happen to a non-Punjab based govt.
    Yea i remember PPP leaders standing in courts all the time during that time. Babar Awan Supreme Court license was also suspended by that chief justice. And remember memo gate when NS visited SC? So many suo moto actions in that era even on samosas prices and wine bottles lol


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    19,888
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    If IK loses this case, he is finished and PK will be at the mercy of the 2 families for the next 50 years.
    IK will be finished but another leader may rise in the next generation. People always have a threshold of how much injustice they can bare..


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  14. #14
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If the PTI loses this case, where blatant corruption is so obvious than i think its time to crown the Sharifs and the Zardaris as kings( or queens in Billos case) and accept that PK is cursed and move on with our lives.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,501
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Someone sent very lethal doucments to Supreme Court about mayfair flats details- Rauf Klasra reveals


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  16. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    A serious question to neutral and pmln supporters on PP how many you really think Shareef family is clean and they can prove their innocence in the court? (IMHO that will be the final nail in the coffin of Imran Khan's politics)
    still waiting for an answer...


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Someone sent very lethal doucments to Supreme Court about mayfair flats details- Rauf Klasra reveals
    Is it possible to send documents directly to SC?


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any student of law here on PP with knowledge of international cases like this one where money trail is the most important factor? Some input will be great for rest of us


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,501
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Is it possible to send documents directly to SC?

    As per Rauf that person has sent the docs through someone else physically and he himself is willing to give testimony in court aswell. Flats were bought in 1993-94.

    Hope the guy doesn't get sold.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Someone sent very lethal doucments to Supreme Court about mayfair flats details- Rauf Klasra reveals
    Which no doubt the SC will ignore because they didn't come through the right channels.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,501
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Which no doubt the SC will ignore because they didn't come through the right channels.
    No. Possibly Wawda, Hamid or Naeem would have presented those docs that person gave them.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  22. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    A serious question to neutral and pmln supporters on PP how many you really think Shareef family is clean and they can prove their innocence in the court? (IMHO that will be the final nail in the coffin of Imran Khan's politics)
    @Mamoon what do you think?


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,686
    Mentioned
    3450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    @Mamoon what do you think?
    It is a question I am pondering over at the moment. It is a good and timely thread because a lot has been said about the the lock-down and both sides have had their say, no need of flogging a dead horse anymore.

    As far as the innocence of the Sharif Empire is concerned, matter of fact is that they are not innocent and we all know about their corruption, but as far as the decision of the SC is concerned, your guess is as good as mine at the moment, because a lot of factors will play a part.

    However, for the sake of democracy and in respect of the constitution, we all should respect the decision of the SC.

    Things are getting interesting now and I hope the findings of the SC are made public, because that is the only way we can be sure about the accountability of the decision. More than anything, people of Pakistan at this time deserve transparency.

    I have full faith in the judiciary system and I hope and pray that they make an impartial decision, even if it means the end of Nawaz Sharif.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    No. Possibly Wawda, Hamid or Naeem would have presented those docs that person gave them.
    But they will be rejected for some technicality or other.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is a question I am pondering over at the moment. It is a good and timely thread because a lot has been said about the the lock-down and both sides have had their say, no need of flogging a dead horse anymore.

    As far as the innocence of the Sharif Empire is concerned, matter of fact is that they are not innocent and we all know about their corruption, but as far as the decision of the SC is concerned, your guess is as good as mine at the moment, because a lot of factors will play a part.

    However, for the sake of democracy and in respect of the constitution, we all should respect the decision of the SC.

    Things are getting interesting now and I hope the findings of the SC are made public, because that is the only way we can be sure about the accountability of the decision. More than anything, people of Pakistan at this time deserve transparency.

    I have full faith in the judiciary system and I hope and pray that they make an impartial decision, even if it means the end of Nawaz Sharif.
    I agree findings should be made public we don't want another Hamoodur Rahman Commission / MemoGate Commission or Abbottabad Commission here. I am not sure if our SC in past handled a similar case where international orgs were involved. Let's see how NAB / FBR and FIA handle the investigation of this case involving a sitting PM.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    But they will be rejected for some technicality or other.
    How hard is it to get the documents in UK to find the dates when the flats were purchased? The London High Court’s 1999 decision in the Hudaibiya Papers Mills loans acquired through the Al-Towfeek Investment Fund is the most convincing and irrefutable documentary evidence proving the Sharifs’ association with the London flats which the prime minister’s children claim to have purchased in 2006.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    How hard is it to get the documents in UK to find the dates when the flats were purchased? The London High Court’s 1999 decision in the Hudaibiya Papers Mills loans acquired through the Al-Towfeek Investment Fund is the most convincing and irrefutable documentary evidence proving the Sharifs’ association with the London flats which the prime minister’s children claim to have purchased in 2006.
    If you want them, not long at all. This is not a difficult case, if there was ever a chance to send a message to the corrupt, this is it. And the other thing it would do is, if the PM was to go down, it would break the corruption nexus between the Nooras and the PPP because if the Sharifs go down, AZ would also go down with them.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    7,903
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If SC is unable to find guilt here then we are doomed. The next attempt by TUQ or other religious political parties like JI could be bloody.
    TUQ it seems is preparing for one final assault.


    " Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    If you want them, not long at all. This is not a difficult case, if there was ever a chance to send a message to the corrupt, this is it. And the other thing it would do is, if the PM was to go down, it would break the corruption nexus between the Nooras and the PPP because if the Sharifs go down, AZ would also go down with them.
    That's true end of Nawaz also mean end of Zardari. Denmark Govt paid nearly 1 million dollar for Panama Papers in Hunt for Tax Cheaters so i guess it's time for PTI or citizens of Pakistan to collect money and follow the path.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    If SC is unable to find guilt here then we are doomed. The next attempt by TUQ or other religious political parties like JI could be bloody.
    TUQ it seems is preparing for one final assault.
    His is a different battle and that will always remain open even if Shareefs come clean out of this panama case. 14 murders and 90 injuries are not going to disappear from their record. Bhutto was hanged for involvement in 1 murder.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    7,903
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    His is a different battle and that will always remain open even if Shareefs come clean out of this panama case. 14 murders and 90 injuries are not going to disappear from their record. Bhutto was hanged for involvement in 1 murder.
    JI i think can also wreck havoc under a more adventurous leadership. It seems only religious groups can bring thousands of people on streets under intense police crackdown.


    " Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

  32. #32
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    His is a different battle and that will always remain open even if Shareefs come clean out of this panama case. 14 murders and 90 injuries are not going to disappear from their record. Bhutto was hanged for involvement in 1 murder.
    TUQ seems to have an agenda which seems to be more complex than AZ's.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    His is a different battle and that will always remain open even if Shareefs come clean out of this panama case. 14 murders and 90 injuries are not going to disappear from their record. Bhutto was hanged for involvement in 1 murder.
    I think that case is done and dusted. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sharifs have paid off TUQ.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    JI i think can also wreck havoc under a more adventurous leadership. It seems only religious groups can bring thousands of people on streets under intense police crackdown.
    JI and MQM (before this current situation) had the best political party structure at ground level that is the biggest weakness of PTI and Haroon Rasheed is crying on TV from last 6 years asking PTI to focus on organization before going for big jumps.

    One interesting point to note is JI and MQM both remain in touch with local people through their charity network as well [ Al-Khidmat (JI), Khidam-e-Khaql(MQM) ]


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    TUQ seems to have an agenda which seems to be more complex than AZ's.
    TUQ is an interesting case and you need years of research to find out more about his personality


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I think that case is done and dusted. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sharifs have paid off TUQ.
    There is a possibility but if he or those families had taken the money thn it was hard for him to jump in after every few months with some new action.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  37. #37
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    7,903
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    TUQ seems to have an agenda which seems to be more complex than AZ's.
    There is nothing complex about him. His long term plan has been to be some sort of Imam Khomeni. @Revolution


    " Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

  38. #38
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    7,903
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TUQ's followers revere him and are willing to even take bullets for him.


    " Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    There is nothing complex about him. His long term plan has been to be some sort of Imam Khomeni. @Revolution
    Yea he is on that plan from a long time but not possible in a country where Army role is too big and can't be controlled by a King / Imam


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  40. #40
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    7,903
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, enough of the digression. Back to the OP

    Govt will try its best to hinder working of the commission. Hiccups like absence of treaties with foreign countries will be pointed out. Instead of providing money trail they will demand from the opposition to bring evidences of corruption when the onus should be on the accused to justify his source of income. There will be delaying tactics.
    Much depends on SC itself. If it takes an iron stand then there is no reason why Sharifs can't be declared guilty.


    " Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

  41. #41
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nawaz and regime is corrupted in broad daylight.

    In past a decision was made against Gilani, so I've some faith on SC, but not totally, due to the reason how things take place in our country.

    At the end of the day I don't want to hear that, there are no enough proves found against sitting PM Nawaz Sharif. Therefore, nothing can be proven and he's a free man.

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    10,072
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As with the innumerable commissions made before the current one, the issue will be dragged and then forgotten. I have very little faith in the judiciary. In a country like Pakistan, a powerful person just cannot be held accountable no matter what!


    Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,367
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys cant be this naive to compare this to Gillanis case, he was a useful duck for AAZ and Kayani and sacrificed when he was not needed.

    Right now we are doomed, everyone is hellbent on coming to power.

    If NS and his gov. stays we are doomed

    If he is removed, unlikely by IK dharna, so it will mean a bloody revolution led by TUQ who will bring islamic style barbarians and take us back 1000 years. Then again we are doomed.

    The only hope we have is from GRS now, He should act now, before he goes and gets replaced by a Kayanni type figure, i know how stupid NS is but this time he will not make the mistake again of bringing a chief who poses a threat. If GRS leaves now we are more or less finished and can wave good bye to the state of Pakistan.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    8,583
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    As with the innumerable commissions made before the current one, the issue will be dragged and then forgotten. I have very little faith in the judiciary. In a country like Pakistan, a powerful person just cannot be held accountable no matter what!
    I don't think this issue will be dragged forever, it is actually complex investigation so it will take time but don't think they can drag this forever. What is suspect may happen is Sharif getting benefit of doubt (just like elections are largely fair in rigging case) due to lack of evidence. A lot of evidence requires international documentation and data and if they can't be produced due to some privacy or legal issues then this could go in Sharif's favour.
    Just like you have a clear cut case against a company but then they find some fine print that bails them off. Other than that, there is not even 1% doubt that Sharifs lied about their assets, lied about when flats were purchased and if nothing, Sharif should be disqualified in wrong declaration of assets case.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    I don't think this issue will be dragged forever, it is actually complex investigation so it will take time but don't think they can drag this forever. What is suspect may happen is Sharif getting benefit of doubt (just like elections are largely fair in rigging case) due to lack of evidence. A lot of evidence requires international documentation and data and if they can't be produced due to some privacy or legal issues then this could go in Sharif's favour.
    Just like you have a clear cut case against a company but then they find some fine print that bails them off. Other than that, there is not even 1% doubt that Sharifs lied about their assets, lied about when flats were purchased and if nothing, Sharif should be disqualified in wrong declaration of assets case.
    Sheikh Rasheed case is about "wrong declaration of assets" and 9 MNA were sent home by courts for that.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  47. #47
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    10,072
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post

    There you go. They will find a flaw in the proceedings and say 'humnay yeh jamooriat kay khatir kiya hai'.


    Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    19,888
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Badshah Salamat wanted to be siyaasi shaheed, but IK check-mated him.


    He cannot lie in the SC. Courts work based on evidence not rhetoric. You can buy one judge or two judges, you cannot buy 5 sitting Supreme Court judges.


    Doomsday for Nooras.


    My commiserations to Mamoon and crew.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Badshah Salamat wanted to be siyaasi shaheed, but IK check-mated him.


    He cannot lie in the SC. Courts work based on evidence not rhetoric. You can buy one judge or two judges, you cannot buy 5 sitting Supreme Court judges.


    Doomsday for Nooras.


    My commiserations to Mamoon and crew.
    Does the verdict have to be unanimous or a majority?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    19,888
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Does the verdict have to be unanimous or a majority?
    Not highly knowledgeable on law proceedings, but I would assume that it would have to be a majority decision.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  51. #51
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Not highly knowledgeable on law proceedings, but I would assume that it would have to be a majority decision.
    I wished i shared the optimism of some but the Sharifs are too crooked, too clever and will, as they have done in the past find a way out. Just look at the desperation of the PPP to save them to see how many favours they are owed. If the decision goes in favour of the Sharifs, then i am done caring for PK, you reap what you sow.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    27,478
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am convinced that nothing will happen of this and it will be dragged right till the 2018 elections and beyond.

    Knowing the judicial system, it is bound to happen as really NS and Zardari both will get exposed and they would never let that happen in their lifetimes.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And PMLN govt as expected is out without another cheap tactics to pressurize supreme court. Now they started running a massive ad campaign on TV about accountability of PM and showing him as innocent already. I will post the ad clip later when i get a link. They started this campaign a few hours ago on all TV channels. So they already declared Shareefs are innocent?


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here is that TV Ad Government of Pakistan is running on all TV Channels from last evening and from the ad it's pretty clear they are tying to influence Supreme Court on Panama leaks case. That's how our goverment spend our money to defend their corruption and prove their innocence out of the courts. As they say "Chor ki daarhi main tinka"



    @waqar goraya @TalentSpotterPk @Syed1 @Mamoon @Bewal Express


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    1,128
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    And PMLN govt as expected is out without another cheap tactics to pressurize supreme court. Now they started running a massive ad campaign on TV about accountability of PM and showing him as innocent already. I will post the ad clip later when i get a link. They started this campaign a few hours ago on all TV channels. So they already declared Shareefs are innocent?
    No matter how they twist this, it's game over sir.

    Panama allegations are either true or false. Let's dissect it ;

    A) Panama corruption is true.
    >>>> This means Straight forward legal actions.

    B) Panama corruption is false and property belongs to Sharifs rightly and legally >>>> This means at some point there will be evidence that assets declared to Election Commission ( now or in past) were incorrect. And court has already disqualified some MNAs wrt disparity with assets.

    What PTI has done is that they are not playing into hands of PMLN who wants siyaasi shahadat. One has to admit that contrary to common concept, IK is way too smart for a Pakistani Politician.

    As of now PTI 1 & PMLN ( + Allied) 0.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    No matter how they twist this, it's game over sir.

    Panama allegations are either true or false. Let's dissect it ;

    A) Panama corruption is true.
    >>>> This means Straight forward legal actions.

    B) Panama corruption is false and property belongs to Sharifs rightly and legally >>>> This means at some point there will be evidence that assets declared to Election Commission ( now or in past) were incorrect. And court has already disqualified some MNAs wrt disparity with assets.

    What PTI has done is that they are not playing into hands of PMLN who wants siyaasi shahadat. One has to admit that contrary to common concept, IK is way too smart for a Pakistani Politician.

    As of now PTI 1 & PMLN ( + Allied) 0.
    Yea to all of us it looks pretty clear that it's an open and shut case but they surely will spend those billions they made through corruption to find a chor derwaza or some weakness/technicality in our law to find a way and come out clean.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    19,888
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These snakes are even taking credit for "Karachi ke halaat"


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    3,262
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Here is that TV Ad Government of Pakistan is running on all TV Channels from last evening and from the ad it's pretty clear they are tying to influence Supreme Court on Panama leaks case. That's how our goverment spend our money to defend their corruption and prove their innocence out of the courts. As they say "Chor ki daarhi main tinka"



    @waqar goraya @TalentSpotterPk @Syed1 @Mamoon @Bewal Express
    How they claim credit for Karachi and Zar-b-Azab, when especially for the latter they had to be strong-armed, is hilarious.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    How they claim credit for Karachi and Zar-b-Azab, when especially for the latter they had to be strong-armed, is hilarious.
    Bhai jaan inka bas chale Pakistan banaane ka be credit le laen Let's see if SC take notice of this ad tomorrow in hearing.

    "ehtesaab hoga sirf prime mnister ka" poora tanz he court per for accepting the petition.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  60. #60
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    7,903
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Here is that TV Ad Government of Pakistan is running on all TV Channels from last evening and from the ad it's pretty clear they are tying to influence Supreme Court on Panama leaks case. That's how our goverment spend our money to defend their corruption and prove their innocence out of the courts. As they say "Chor ki daarhi main tinka"



    @waqar goraya @TalentSpotterPk @Syed1 @Mamoon @Bewal Express
    What about almost doubling the debt in a very short time........


    " Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

  61. #61
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    10,072
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Here is that TV Ad Government of Pakistan is running on all TV Channels from last evening and from the ad it's pretty clear they are tying to influence Supreme Court on Panama leaks case. That's how our goverment spend our money to defend their corruption and prove their innocence out of the courts. As they say "Chor ki daarhi main tinka"



    @waqar goraya @TalentSpotterPk @Syed1 @Mamoon @Bewal Express
    What a shameful video! They are blatantly saying that Panama leaks is a conspiracy against them!


    Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So Attorney General will represent royal family in SC. Govt challenged maintainability today but SC rejected their plea. Trying to delay the process they had 2 weeks to file a reply but their lawyer failed to file Sharif kids replies. Next date is Monday


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    20 People died and 60 are injured because of a Train accident in Karachi and this Khawaja Saad (Minister of Railways) is busy defending Nawaz Shareef inside and outside court and is avoiding the issue related to his ministry. New information minister is also trying to skip questions about that accident and focusing on PTI bashing only.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  64. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    So Attorney General will represent royal family in SC. Govt challenged maintainability today but SC rejected their plea. Trying to delay the process they had 2 weeks to file a reply but their lawyer failed to file Sharif kids replies. Next date is Monday
    This is not a govt matter, its the Sharifs on trial, why is the AG defending them.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    This is not a govt matter, its the Sharifs on trial, why is the AG defending them.
    You expect Royal Family to spend from their own pocket?


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  66. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,900
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is happening only because of Imran Khan. The matter is alive only because of him. PPP and others had already forgotten this case.


    Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runner Up View Post
    This is happening only because of Imran Khan. The matter is alive only because of him. PPP and others had already forgotten this case.
    They got what they wanted! Dr Asim...


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SC gives ultimatum to PM Nawaz's children in Panamagate hearing

    ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday denied holding offshore companies in a written response to the Supreme Court on Panamagate petitions.

    In his reply, the PM said he had declared all his assets in 2013, hence was not liable for disqualification under Articles 62 and 63 of the Constitution.

    Expressing displeasure over the failure of Sharif family’s counsel to submit a reply on behalf of Maryam, Hussain and Hassan, the five-member larger bench of the apex court headed by Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali gave an ultimatum to the premier’s three children to respond to the notices served regarding the investigation of Panama Leaks.

    Justice Asif Saeed Khosa observed that by law, if an individual fails to submit a reply in any matter, it is to be considered that he or she is accepting the allegations. The court has asked the counsel to submit responses by Monday.

    Angered by the delay in the case, PTI chief Imran Khan said, “Government is using delaying tactics in SC. Despite being given two weeks plus to file reply, Sharif lawyer failed to file Sharif kids’ replies.”

    On Tuesday, the Supreme Court asked Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf to submit their Terms of Reference (ToRs) for the formation of a commission to probe the Panama Papers leaks.

    The court adjourned hearing of five constitutional petitions seeking disqualification of PM Nawaz in the wake of the Panama Papers revelations. The hearing was adjourned till 11:30am on November 3.

    “The commission will report to the Supreme Court,” the chief justice said, adding that the commission will have the same authority as the top court.

    “SC has decided to resolve the issue of Panama leaks,” Chief Justice of Pakistan Anwar Zaheer Jamali said while asking both parties to ‘show restraint’. The bench expressed its desire that all the parties, including PTI, should reconsider their position.


    Source: http://tribune.com.pk/story/1219575/...ma-leaks-case/


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  69. #69
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Lahore Lahore Aay
    Runs
    351
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Here is that TV Ad Government of Pakistan is running on all TV Channels from last evening and from the ad it's pretty clear they are tying to influence Supreme Court on Panama leaks case. That's how our goverment spend our money to defend their corruption and prove their innocence out of the courts. As they say "Chor ki daarhi main tinka"



    @waqar goraya @TalentSpotterPk @Syed1 @Mamoon @Bewal Express
    lol. what do they mean by " Pakistaniyo , gharoon sy bahir niklo , wazir e azam ka ehtisab Karo " ?

    Are they hinting they will run riots if supreme court doesn't give verdict in heir favor? If so, they should remember that they are in government and protests by them doesn't make sense.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    8,583
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by desirous of desire View Post
    lol. what do they mean by " Pakistaniyo , gharoon sy bahir niklo , wazir e azam ka ehtisab Karo " ?

    Are they hinting they will run riots if supreme court doesn't give verdict in heir favor? If so, they should remember that they are in government and protests by them doesn't make sense.
    It's a sarcastic attempt to fool public that his highness has done a massive favour to you for spending funds on roads and metros that could have been spent on health, education etc.
    58% Punjab developmetn budget spent in Lahore, foriegn debts all time high & petrol prices were one of the lowest for many many years in international market. Karachi situation and Zarb a Azab was IMPOSED on Nawaz Sharif so what credit is he talking about?

  71. #71
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,686
    Mentioned
    3450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Here is that TV Ad Government of Pakistan is running on all TV Channels from last evening and from the ad it's pretty clear they are tying to influence Supreme Court on Panama leaks case. That's how our goverment spend our money to defend their corruption and prove their innocence out of the courts. As they say "Chor ki daarhi main tinka"



    @waqar goraya @TalentSpotterPk @Syed1 @Mamoon @Bewal Express
    This is just the beginning. Wait and watch now. The drama is only just beginning.

    On the flip side, Khaan saab has started ranting again.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    This is just the beginning. Wait and watch now. The drama is only just beginning.

    On the flip side, Khaan saab has started ranting again.
    But you still have full faith in our judiciary system right?


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    10,072
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The SC seems to be in no mood to play around.


    Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    16,254
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)




    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,266
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    How they claim credit for Karachi and Zar-b-Azab, when especially for the latter they had to be strong-armed, is hilarious.
    Lol forget all that

    The icing on cake was taking credit for reduction in oil prices

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,367
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest reports are coming out that NS is under severe panic and is trying to reach out and buy the judges.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    289
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mian sahab is really smart he knows hiring judges in pakistan is better than hiring lawyers

  78. #78
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    Latest reports are coming out that NS is under severe panic and is trying to reach out and buy the judges.
    There is no point in having billions when you can't spend some of it to protect them. I know I am going to be disappointed in the end but I am loving the distress of the Nooras.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    7,903
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Monday is going to be interesting.


    " Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

  80. #80
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,388
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    Monday is going to be interesting.
    Let's see what the SC does if the Sharifs park the bus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •