Results 1,041 to 1,120 of 3112
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stop jumping the gun guys. Their comments also indicated panic in the way they were lambasting social media.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike! View Post
    Stop jumping the gun guys. Their comments also indicated panic in the way they were lambasting social media.

They have been saying Friday friday for the last two weeks.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    They have been saying Friday friday for the last two weeks.
    Now people are speculating that's it's been delayed to 24th March because of Census and resolution day. This is getting ridiculous.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Qasum ke wasi ter mafaad main aik dafa phr nazrya-e-zarurat ki intehai zerurat he...

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Qasum ke wasi ter mafaad main aik dafa phr nazrya-e-zarurat ki intehai zerurat he...

Ground being laid for muk muka type decision.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another slap on noora faces

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The frustration is clearly written on Noora faces after that.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In its ruling today CEC Sardar Raza Khan said that the references against Imran Khan and Tareen are unmaintainable and doesn’t qualify for hearing

But look at the faces and words of PMLN leaders doing PC outside ECP building and you will feel they are the winners here boht himat he bhai inki koi sheram koi haya naam ki cheaz nae?

This is the biggest slap on Speaker Ayaz Sadiq face he acted as a typical derbari and forwarded Imran and Tareen's references to ECP but rejected the one against Nawaz Sharif.

and ECP spent 150 days on these references just to tell us they are unmaintainable and doesn’t qualify for hearing?
    Last edited by WebGuru; 16th March 2017 at 07:57.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When is the result guys ?? Getting Impatient now

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    When is the result guys ?? Getting Impatient now
    Rumors are its coming out Tom but truthfully cant really say. What I am worried about is Noora's will something idiotic allowing the army to take power which I hope doesn't happen.

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Cricketer View Post
    Rumors are its coming out Tom but truthfully cant really say. What I am worried about is Noora's will something idiotic allowing the army to take power which I hope doesn't happen.
    These goons will go to any length to save their 'kingdom', I won't be surprised if they somehow get martial law implemented instantaneously...........

Noora's have no loyalty to Pakistan whatsoever. they are just loyal to themselves and their party and will sacrifice anything to protect their King....

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Cricketer View Post
    They're not in a position to do anything. Besides a few goons, N league has no street power if Supreme Court gives a verdict against them.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For God's sake WHEN IS THE BLOODY DECISION?

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we all know how dependable the runners are.

common sense dictates its a win for pmln - they will be emboldened by the decision, and it will be a farcical merry go round between the two sharif and Bhutto dynasties until pakistan becomes a failed state. its difficult to see how Imran picks himself up from this.

game over!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As per Aitizaz Ahsan, since Nawaz Sharif was not called by the supreme court so he is definitely off the hook.

The only thing remaining to see is if supreme court will punish sons and daughter of Nawaz Sharif.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    As per Aitizaz Ahsan, since Nawaz Sharif was not called by the supreme court so he is definitely off the hook.

The only thing remaining to see is if supreme court will punish sons and daughter of Nawaz Sharif.
    If Nawaz's children are barred from ever holding office, that would finally split the Sharif clan. Shahbaz will be keen to promote his own children, and it is anybody's guess what Nawaz would try to do in that case.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    If Nawaz's children are barred from ever holding office, that would finally split the Sharif clan. Shahbaz will be keen to promote his own children, and it is anybody's guess what Nawaz would try to do in that case.
    I think there is a great chance that Nawaz's children will be barred from ever holding office. If this happen then it will be a just decision by SC. Nawaz's sons are not in politics anyway so this decision will not hurt them. It will hurt the daughter who is already acting like she is the next Prime Minister of Pakistan I would love to see SC put her in her right place. How dumb are other senior politicians of PML-N are to allow her to come forward like that?
    Last edited by srh; 16th March 2017 at 14:01.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    I think there is a great chance that Nawaz's children will be barred from ever holding office. If this happen then it will be a just decision by SC. Nawaz's sons are not in politics anyway so this decision will not hurt them. It will hurt the daughter who is already acting like she is the next Prime Minister of Pakistan I would love to see SC put her in her right place. How dumb are other senior politicians of PML-N are to allow her to come forward like that?
    But what if only Maryam is barred but not the sons. I will bet the sons will then enter politics. In the supreme national interest of course.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But what if only Maryam is barred but not the sons. I will bet the sons will then enter politics. In the supreme national interest of course.
    Hmm all the children are named in Panama so I don't see any reason why SC will only bar one of them? Like what would be the justification of that? Either all should be barred or none.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle_Force View Post
    Hmm all the children are named in Panama so I don't see any reason why SC will only bar one of them? Like what would be the justification of that? Either all should be barred or none.
    The SC moves in mysterious ways.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even if she is barred her son and daughter are ready because uncles are too busy with their business in london! Her teenage daughter is there with grandfather on every tour and was also there in the UN sitting with NS so i guess she is getting read for her future in politics.

Her son

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Even if she is barred her son and daughter are ready because uncles are too busy with their business in london! Her teenage daughter is there with grandfather on every tour and was also there in the UN sitting with NS so i guess she is getting read for her future in politics.

Her son

They don't look like they're of age. In the meantime, Shahbaz is waiting in the wings, ready to propel his own kids to the forefront, and his kids are already of age. He will jump at this opportunity.

If the Sharif clan implodes over this, it would be terrific.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They don't look like they're of age. In the meantime, Shahbaz is waiting in the wings, ready to propel his own kids to the forefront, and his kids are already of age. He will jump at this opportunity.

If the Sharif clan implodes over this, it would be terrific.
    Yea Hamza is all looking set but there are big differences within the family already according to reports Hamza and Maryam don't even talk to each other and their differences were clear during NA-122 elections and Dherna days.

There are rumors that SC will order to open Hudaiba case again and that means Shehbaz is in big trouble he was named in that case.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea Hamza is all looking set but there are big differences within the family already according to reports Hamza and Maryam don't even talk to each other and their differences were clear during NA-122 elections and Dherna days.

There are rumors that SC will order to open Hudaiba case again and that means Shehbaz is in big trouble he was named in that case.
    Yea Nawaz Sharif could have made life a lot easier for himself by relinquishing power and giving it to Shehbaz/Hamza Sharif during the early stages of Panama. The fact that he didn't highlights that there are some significant differences and trust issues even within the family.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle_Force View Post
    Yea Nawaz Sharif could have made life a lot easier for himself by relinquishing power and giving it to Shehbaz/Hamza Sharif during the early stages of Panama. The fact that he didn't highlights that there are some significant differences and trust issues even within the family.
    According to a report Nawaz and family asked Shehbaz to step down during dherna so that Qadri can calm down but Hamza and Tehmina Durrani opposed the idea and replied why shehbaz why not bere mian sahab?

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent Answers!

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So the judgement is not in the supplementary list for next week either.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So the judgement is not in the supplementary list for next week either.
    Judging by how they are delaying, it seems as if we might be in for a surprise here...... If let's say (And this is a massive massive hypothetical scenario) The supreme court gives some sort of a verdict that totally disqualifies the Sharif Family and the Noora Party in it's totality then I guess the ruling govt could've asked for 'unofficial muhlat' from the SC to get their affairs in order so that they could at least save their lives......

This could only happen if the SC would convey a rigid stance on the overall morality of the verdict (via back channels ofcourse) and would refuse to bend backwards on the final judgement. The SC knows that there is huge public/peer/army pressure in this high profile case and would tread extremely carefully on the kind of decision it would give in this case.

This, in my opinion one of the reasons why there is a delay in the final judgement however, this could all be just my imagination running wild and the final decision (like many others in the past ) could be extremely favorable for Badsha Salamat...

What do you guys reckon ??

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    According to a report Nawaz and family asked Shehbaz to step down during dherna so that Qadri can calm down but Hamza and Tehmina Durrani opposed the idea and replied why shehbaz why not bere mian sahab?
    this def happened

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Every day I hear something new and weird thing is that very very credible and connected sources are telling contradictory things which makes me think that its anybody's guess what the actual ruling is

#MPGA

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep hearing about some action that will be taken but nothing so far.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So they are waiting for 23rd March to be over.
    Last edited by Strike!; 17th March 2017 at 09:45.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So they are waiting for 23rd March to be over.
    Every week they push the deadline forward

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Koi sheram koi haya...

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Koi sheram koi haya...

Admitting what most of us knew anyway. She has no political nous, no seats...nothing, zilch yet is there in every damned meeting only because she is his daughter.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But but but Imran is UTurn Khan!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    But but but Imran is UTurn Khan!

Hahaha This is Gold

I am sharing this on my social media ...........

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hahaha This is Gold

I am sharing this on my social media ...........
    Don't forget to tag Princess Maryam

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Name:  MN.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  124.8 KB

I am seriously lost for words now !!! - Does she not know that Qatar is a hereditary Monarchy ???? ????

What a complete idiot this woman is #smh
    Last edited by ahmedwaqas92; 20th March 2017 at 08:03.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am seriously lost for words now !!! - Does she not know that Qatar is a hereditary Monarchy ???? ????

Lets see if Media reacts to it or not? I mean PPP and PML-N are the 'defenders of democracy' and they don't even know the diffrence between democracy and monarchy.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post
    Lets see if Media reacts to it or not? I mean PPP and PML-N are the 'defenders of democracy' and they don't even know the diffrence between democracy and monarchy.
    I remember MNS speaking to UN GA where he said that it's against democracy to increase the number of Veto Countries. That day, I was ashamed that such an incompetent person is our PM.

Didn't his staff tell him that democracy means dilution of powers. And Power Stagnation is undemocratic.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    جج صاحب فیصلے پہ کبھی کبھی ٹاکی شاکی مار لیا کریں کہیں پڑے پڑے زنگ نہ پکڑ جائے
    Last edited by WebGuru; 21st March 2017 at 09:30.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Zung tou already lag hi gaya hai dost

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One thing is for sure Nawaz Sharif knows when the decision is expected otherwise he wouldn't be having picnic with Qatari leaders. I really hope he does not know the outcome already.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how long will they keep us waiting, are they waiting for the hype to die down?

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything..

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The rumors say there is a split decision coming, possibly 2-3 or 4-1.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The rumors say there is a split decision coming, possibly 2-3 or 4-1.
    In whose favour?

I don't care whether it is split or un-split.. as long as the right decision has been made. We all know some of the judges are in Nawaz's pocket, it remains to be seen how many.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In whose favour?

I don't care whether it is split or un-split.. as long as the right decision has been made. We all know some of the judges are in Nawaz's pocket, it remains to be seen how many.
    From their line of questioning their were 2 that def showed that the $ ruled and the Sharifs had them in their pocket, so it will come down to one judge and his conscious and you know that conscious always plays second fiddle to the $.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    From their line of questioning their were 2 that def showed that the $ ruled and the Sharifs had them in their pocket, so it will come down to one judge and his conscious and you know that conscious always plays second fiddle to the $.
    I hope they get humiliated for the rest of their miserable lives if they are willing to sell the future of the nation for a few dollars.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

The woman is plain stupid

An absolute embarassment

Last week she basically said that since she was Sharifs daughter that meant she was qualified

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    The woman is plain stupid

An absolute embarassment

Last week she basically said that since she was Sharifs daughter that meant she was qualified
    She is your next prime minister, unfortunately.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Princess Maryam is indeed an embarrasment. The thought of her as future PM make me wanna puke. All she does on twitter - along with those Twitter patwaris- is attack Shaukat Khanum hospital. Sadly, her father and uncle never bothered building any good hospitals or focus on healthcare.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GujjarLife View Post
    Princess Maryam is indeed an embarrasment. The thought of her as future PM make me wanna puke. All she does on twitter - along with those Twitter patwaris- is attack Shaukat Khanum hospital. Sadly, her father and uncle never bothered building any good hospitals or focus on healthcare.
    and those stupid retweets she do all the time by online patwaris.
    @Syed1 i think you missed there was big drama on Twitter a few days ago when a patwaran on Twitter asked Maryam to gift her the dress she is wearing that new pic and Maryam asked her to send the address she will send her the dress but the real drama started after that all other patwarans and patwaris got jealous and that poor patwaran came under massive attack for getting the special treatment insafians on twitter came to rescure her lol

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD:
    All five judges of the Supreme Court who adjudicated the Panamagate case will be back in Islamabad this coming week, raising expectations about the announcement of the much-awaited judgment reserved last month.

The top court reserved the verdict on February 23 with lead judge Asif Saeed Khosa observing that a short order was not possible due to the sensitivity of the case.

The past few weeks have made everyone, particularly politicians, very anxious as they are on tenterhooks waiting for the judgment to be announced. Politicians’ future course of action depends on the outcome of the judgment.

All judges who heard the case were in different registries of the apex court. “[The] main reason for the delay is that these judges could not hold a huddle last week,” sources in the Supreme Court told The Express Tribune.

Another reason for the delay is that every judge on the bench is giving his individual input in writing, keeping in view the importance of the case. “Normally, one judge writes [a] judgment and his fellow judges endorse it. Here, every member of the larger bench is writing his own note,” the sources said. They told The Express Tribune that all members of the larger bench would hold a meeting in the coming week.

Last week, three of the five judges – Justice Khosa, Justice Azmat Saeed Sheikh and Justice Ijazul Ahsan – heard cases in the Lahore registry. Justice Gulzar Ahmad was sitting in the Karachi registry while Justice Ejaz Afzal Khan was in the Islamabad registry.

Meanwhile, the Pakistan Tehreek-e- Insaaf has started showing concern over the delay in the announcement of the judgment. PTI spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry said that although they are aware that it’s not an easy task for the judges to give a verdict in a short period, the party believes that the verdict should be announced without further delay.

However, a senior PTI leader disagreed with the party’s reaction regarding the delay in the verdict.

Moreover, former Pakistan Bar Council vice-chairman Barrister Dr Mohammad Farogh Naseem rejected the PTI’s concern in this regard and said: “There is no delay in the verdict. Legally, the Supreme Court is not bound by any time duration regarding announcement of a judgment. However, the SC itself asked high courts to give ruling within three months after reserving it.”

“I have full confidence in every judge of the larger bench, as all are competent, and there is no doubt about their integrity,” he added.

Naseem said the judges write additional or dissenting notes in high-profile cases.The petitioners were unable to submit any document to establish that the London properties were directly owned by the prime minister.

However, the judges may raise a question about ‘conflict of interest’ in their judgment. “[The] chances of dissenting opinions on some points in the judgment cannot be ruled out.”

A senior official told The Express Tribune that the government has already devised different strategies to deal with any situation arising out after the judgment. Several senior members of the PML-N are admitting shortcomings in the legal strategy in the Panamagate case.

“I think the Sharif family did a big mistake by delaying the matter and not deciding on the Panama leaks controversy last year. Since April 2016, they had enough time to sort out the issue through various means but they unnecessarily delayed it,” says a member of the PML-N legal team.
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1365631...eturn-capital/

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    74% of Pakistanis not satisfied with Nawaz Sharif's government according to Express Tribune poll. So far, 25K have voted.

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Justice delayed is justice denied. I hope the judges haven't sold the nation's future for a few dollars. Eagerly waiting for the judgement to come sometime this week.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    74% of Pakistanis not satisfied with Nawaz Sharif's government according to Express Tribune poll. So far, 25K have voted.
    Online polls don't mean much I'm afraid.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everything else is secondary. The only important thing at the moment is the verdict in the Panama case. It’s not going to end corruption. It’s not going to set new standards of morality, and it certainly isn’t going to usher in a new era of accountability. We can discount such high-flown expectations. But you don’t have to be a professional bell-ringer to see that the verdict will set the direction of national politics for the foreseeable future, upending the political status quo. That is not a small consequence.Leave aside anti-Sharif enthusiasts. The surprising thing is that even Sharif partisans in the media have begun talking of ‘worst-case scenarios’…like PM Nawaz Sharif having to step down because of the verdict. Just a few weeks ago no such voices were to be heard, certainly none from the Sharif camp. But when sturdy pro-Nawaz media champions start discussing such possibilities then we get a feel of the anxiety gnawing at the heart of the ruling party.

Another indication of the PML-N’s worry and its dipping confidence: such of its media loudspeakers as Daniyal Aziz and the inimitable Talal Chaudry have fallen silent. This is strange. This should have been the time to make their presence felt on TV screens, a more effective debating forum in today’s Pakistan than the two houses of Parliament. But it’s as if they have vanished into thin air.

Another sign of the times: loud-talking ministers have also fallen silent. What’s happened to Khawaja Saad Rafique’s bravado? The last time he was heard on the subject he was taunting their lordships---that if they couldn’t read the pages from the life of Nawaz Sharif it was their fault, not anyone else’s. Brave words but that was all, no follow-up. Anyone could have been forgiven for thinking that if there was a time for party defenders like him to speak up it was now. But it’s all quiet on that front.

These are straws in the wind but put them together and you get the feeling that the ruling party and the Nawaz Sharif family---which is in the eye of the storm---are coming to fear the worst. The PM himself is trying to put up a brave face, going here and there and cutting tapes and trying to look unconcerned, but as the suspense deepens and PML-N voices fall to barely audible whispers it is clear that the ruling party is under a cloud.

What makes the ruling family’s predicament worse is the fact that for the first time in their long political innings they find themselves helpless to influence the higher judiciary, much less the judges on the bench hearing the Panama case.
    The family has been past masters at this game---influencing the judiciary. But at the most crucial moment in their lives it’s as if their luck finally has run out. Nawaz Sharif with a ‘heavy mandate’ behind him was, once upon a time, not beyond storming the Supreme Court. It’s a measure of the changed times that the only recourse left to him now is to look to the heavens for rescue and succour.

And their lordships are taking their time, building up the suspense to levels that would do Alfred Hitchcock proud. The longer they have delayed their judgment the more the PML-N’s confidence has waned. The delay, furthermore, seems to have strengthened the idea that the verdict will be hard on Nawaz Sharif and his family---who courtesy the Panama Papers face allegations of money-laundering and much else besides.

We thus may be at a turning point in our history. The PPP as an effective political force in Punjab, the powerhouse of Pakistani politics, is finished…this despite Asif Zardari’s tall claims of being able to engineer a comeback in the coming elections. The ground the PPP once held is now lost to Imran Khan’s PTI. Retrieving that lost ground will require more than braggadocio and the occasional visit to Malik Riaz’s gift of a Bilawal House in Lahore. Now we may be on the verge of seeing if not the eclipsing at least the diminishing of the PML-N.

This will represent a turning point: the curtain coming down on 30-35 years of our history. The PPP and the PML-N, with their family-based leaderships, represent the past. The Bhutto chapter goes back to Ayub Khan’sd time; the Sharifs rose to political prominence in the era of Gen Zia-ul-Haq. Both parties in their own ways mouth the old slogans. They have nothing new to offer. If Pakistan is to move forward, if it is to come to grips with its many problems, it needs fresh ideas as much as it needs a fresh start.
    Zardari was the architect of the PPP’s diminution. The Sharifs are facing a test because of something falling from the skies…the Panama revelations being nothing less than a thunderbolt, something for which they were wholly unprepared. They have faced serious cases before---allegations which would have undone anyone else. They not only remained untouched but successfully kept up a pretense of innocence and outraged virtue.

The Panama affair, regardless of what the verdict is, has shattered the pretense and laid bare the reality underneath. No emperor could have been shown more without his clothes.Regardless of the verdict this is already a stricken and crippled government. Who on the world stage---apart from such friends as President Erdogan of Turkey and the royal household in the Holy Land---would take Nawaz Sharif as a serious interlocutor after the Panama allegations?

At home too the credibility of the ruling clan has been seriously dented. Ishaq Dar’s confessional statement about money-laundering---a nightmare he would have thought was over after a favourable Lahore high court ruling---got a fresh lease of life from the Panama hearings. Wouldn’t this affect his credibility as a finance minister and his confidence as an individual?

For the Sharifs more than a legal problem this has been a nightmare unfolding---confined not to the horror or terror of a single night but spread almost over a year, each fresh episode and revelation adding to the intensity of the nightmare.This case has turned the name Qatar into a national joke. Who but the Sharif children could have transformed an invocation such as ‘Alhamdolillah’ into a matter for laughter? Maryam Safdar to all intents and purposes was being groomed as the next in line to her father, Nawaz Sharif. But her carefully groomed image also lies shattered after these hearings.
    The Sharifs have escaped so much and enjoyed such a long stint in power and now to be caught in this thing wafting from across the seven seas, from a faraway place most Pakistanis would never have heard of…Panama. If there were heroic figures involved this would have been called a Greek tragedy. The Sharifs have never attracted the label ‘heroic’ but this doesn’t make this tragedy---its last scenes yet to be played out---any the less real for them.
    http://dunyanews.tv/en/Opinion/12/On...all-irrelevant

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    An excellent write up that well and truly captured the running emotions of a commoner on the streets of Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar.

Here's to hoping the corrupt get caught and pay for their sins

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An excellent write up that well and truly captured the running emotions of a commoner on the streets of Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar.

Here's to hoping the corrupt get caught and pay for their sins
    Haha dada yeh Pakistan hai.. yahan koi corrupt worrupt nahi pakra jata.

Agar pakarna hota tou ab tak judgement ajati kyun ke case ko khatum howayve aek mahinay se zayda hogaya hai.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Haha dada yeh Pakistan hai.. yahan koi corrupt worrupt nahi pakra jata.

Agar pakarna hota tou ab tak judgement ajati kyun ke case ko khatum howayve aek mahinay se zayda hogaya hai.
    Jani Umeed per Dunya Qaium Hay - Ap Kiya woh bhi Cheen Lo gay hum say

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a joke!

Now, it is understood that the verdict will be announced in mid April. Honestly, I do not see the decision announced before the elections.

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: The much-awaited verdict in the Panamagate case involving Prime Minster Nawaz Sharif’s family is expected by mid-April, sources told The Express Tribune.

A credible source disclosed on Thursday that a few judges still had to pen down their judgement .
    However, no official cause-list regarding the pronouncement of verdict has so far been issued by the registrar office of the Supreme Court.
    All five Supreme Court judges who adjudicated the Panamagate case have been in the federal capital for the past week and are expected to be sitting at the Islamabad registry next week.
    The five-judge larger bench was headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khosa and comprising by Justice Gulzar Ahmad, Justice Ejaz Afzal Khan, Justice Azmat Saeed Sheikh and Justice Ijazul Ahsan.
    The past few weeks have made everyone, particularly politicians, very anxious as they are on tenterhooks waiting for the judgment to be announced. Politicians’ future course of action depends on the outcome of the judgment.
    Legal experts say that the Sharif family might land in hot water over concealment of facts, adding all eyes will be on how the judgment treats the prime minister’s role in the case.
    The judges may raise a question about ‘conflict of interest’ in their judgment. “[The] chances of dissenting opinions on some points in the judgment cannot be ruled out.”
    The top court reserved the verdict on February 23 with lead judge Asif Saeed Khosa observing that a short order was not possible due to the sensitivity of the case.
    It is learnt that judges on the bench are giving their individual input in writing, keeping in view the importance of the case.”Normally, one judge writes [a] judgment and his fellow judges endorse it. Here, every member of the larger bench is writing his own note,” sources said. To keep things airtight, a member of the bench is reportedly writing the judgment on his personal laptop.
    A senior official told The Express Tribune that the government has already devised different strategies to deal with any situation arising out after the judgment. Several senior members of the PML-N are admitting shortcomings in the legal strategy in the Panamagate case.
    “I think the Sharif family made a big mistake by delaying the matter and not deciding on the Panama leaks controversy last year. Since April 2016, they had enough time to sort out the issue through various means but they unnecessarily delayed it,” says a member of the PML-N legal team.

Meanwhile, the Pakistan Tehreek-e- Insaaf has started showing concern over the delay in the announcement of the judgment. PTI spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry said that although they are aware that it’s not an easy task for the judges to give a verdict in a short period, the party believes that the verdict should be announced without further delay.
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1369889...rly-next-week/

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Watching 'The Reporters' on ARY last night, Justice Khosa said that the verdict is still being written and will be announced as soon as it is complete. That means it'll be quite detailed and lengthy which is why it's taking so long.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another Friday comes and goes. Now media houses will start giving new mangan of next Friday.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chaos ......

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior View Post
    Chaos ......
    My gut feeling says that judges bik gaye hain. Abhi negotiation chal rahi hai dollar amount pe, oskay alawa faisla tou kar hi liyay hai Badshah ko hath nahi lagana.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Justice Khosa said that the verdict is still being written
    Justice Khosa is probably carving it into a stone tablet with a chisel and a hammer, Ten Commandments style.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My gut feeling says that judges bik gaye hain. Abhi negotiation chal rahi hai dollar amount pe, oskay alawa faisla tou kar hi liyay hai Badshah ko hath nahi lagana.
    IK made a huge blunder, i already said here, 2014 was the only chance to nail the NS govt in the ground for good ..... now if the decision comes against IK, thn Awam have to pay the price for it in next elections .....

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Son in law of Maryam Nawaz is being politically launched. Hum hainn Ghulam ibne Ghulam ibne Ghulam

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    Son in law of Maryam Nawaz is being politically launched. Hum hainn Ghulam ibne Ghulam ibne Ghulam

In Pakistan we have monarchy rather than democracy.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your next prime minister....look at derbaris sitting there

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    Your next prime minister....look at derbaris sitting there

Please don't downplay the extreme struggles and sacrifices of Mohtarma Maryam Nawaz for democracy.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Ides of March came and passed uneventfully.
    No headlines could break the spell cast by the Panama Affairs.
    The alive and politically conscientious part of the nation still awaits the decision.
    According to admissions of the Supreme Court bench would be exemplary/ valid for many decades to come, or, will it like the past, be premised on the mindset of necessity? Views of political pundits and legal experts are divided.
    Yet all agree on one point.
    In Pakistan, anything is possible.
    The questions and queries raised by the bench is no measure of the court’s mindset.
    In the past many decisions turned out to be the opposite of what honourable judges were talking about.
    An empirical study may give a drift of what could be expected.

Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto will never be exonerated from a mistrial.
    Will the ‘Law of Necessity’ craftily subdued in Zafar Ali Shah Case revisit us? The bench will never sit to resolve whether the reassignment of Justice Ifthikhar Chaudary was legal or not; nor ever decide the case of once PCO judges dismissing twice PCO judges or others who were not PCO judges.
    After all, Justice Dogar a PCO Chief Justice, retired honourably to pave way for another PCO judge Justice Chaudary’s reappointment without due process.
    If the Asghar Khan Case that gathered dust for many years could briefly come to life and again go into hibernation, anything is possible.
    If the apex court of the country cannot convince itself to determine what is effectively ‘prejudice to its decisions’ how can it be expected to act on similar issues of public interests? Asghar Khan Case, related to funding of political parties by the intelligence establishment against Pakistan People’s Parties, now jeers at the judiciary and executive.
    In its prime, it was the biggest political scandal, but the nation has now forgotten it.
    And finally, it is the honourable courts that closed all inquests into the Hudaibya Papers Mill case (the linchpin of money laundering) and not the National Accountability Bureau.

Most legal experts feel that once the ownership of properties in Panama case was determined, it was a matter of days for the Jamali Bench to announce its decision.
    It did not and passed the buck.
    The bench was allowed to lapse due to the retirement of Chief Justice.
    These experts still maintain that the present bench has unnecessarily dragged on for too long.
    In the public interest litigation, it never framed Questions of Law yet kept raising new questions.
    The focus was never on issues in quest.
    According to Aitezaz Ahsan, ‘Pakistan mein siraf faislay mehfooz hain’, (in Pakistan, only the judgments of the courts are reserved or safe).
    Pakistan People’s Party speaks from its long experience of courts which hindsight suggests, wrong end of justice.

From a researcher’s point of view, the long delay by the Panama Bench could only be for two reasons.

First, if past is precedent, the bench is caught in a catch 22.
    Courts in the past have always exonerated Nawaz Sharif.
    Had it been PPP, the decision would have come much earlier.

Secondly, the bench feels that an affirmative decision could lead to an undetermined period of instability.
    At stake is the exorbitantly expensive funding of CPEC, questions of Saudi Coalition and a death knell for Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz).
    However this is not for the court to determine.
    Principles of Policy and Article 184 rests certain powers with the apex court.
    Though Article 183 (4) talks of public interest can the court override it for supposed national and international interests?

The delay in the case suggests that some compromise floats on the surface.
    But in human calculus and how the judges think, the unexpected could happen.
    The most glaring case pertains to disqualification of Prime Minister Yusaf Raza Gilani whose decision was based on ‘Pity the Nation’.
    Incidentally the same judge sits as the head of the bench and the poem would be weighing heavily on his conscience.

The carefully crafted rumours may help to make some insights.
    Incidentally it happened on April fool’s Day.

One post doing rounds in social media suggested that the Judiciary and Army in wake of the Panama decision were about to take over the reins of the country.
    Imran Khan’s meeting with the COAS gave a semblance of credibility.
    A select segment of the country went ecstatic.

A contrarian rumour suggested that in wake of the Panama Bench verdict, the prime minister was contemplating dissolving the assemblies and calling snap elections.
    With a popularity surge endorsed by IRI, PML-N would return in bigger numbers.
    No one questioned that a prime minister under siege lacks moral authority to act in self-interest.
    Both rumours have cogent legal lacunas.

So what are the probabilities?

Consistent with a recent judgment, the bench could take precedence from Yusaf Raza Gilani case, act as the juror and executive to disqualify Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his cohort.
    Despite the fact that the question of Sadiq and Ameen would stand settled on propriety, the bench itself would investigate all frauds to recover looted money and punish the culprits.
    To ensure transparency and preclude interference by a PML-N led Executive, the Supreme Court could set a precedence to invoke Article 190.
    This means that the entire machinery of State Bank of Pakistan, Security and Exchange Commission, Federal Investigation Agency, Federal Board of Revenue and forensic auditors would suddenly come to life.
    Logically, such a decision warrants detailed investigations and prosecutions of all individuals involved in the financial crimes.
    Consequently, all major leaders of PML-N would be debarred from public office pending time consuming investigations and trials.

Will the bench uphold the ‘Rule of Law’ and resist extra judicial pressures? If it does, the decision will become an international judicial precedence.
    There are suggestions that under national and international compulsions, the bench may avoid such a course.
    Major international actors have stakes in National Reconciliation Order (NRO) 1 and 2.
    If they have their way a NRO 3 ought to follow.
    Now determine what weighs more: public, national or international interests?

The next probability is that the decision is split against the prime minister.
    The question is, would the bench follow the precedent of a split court in Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto case.
    Surely the burden of conscience would weigh heavily.
    Would the buck stop at the disqualification of the prime minister? PML-N would continue to govern with a new prime minister, shadow all investigating agencies and influence subsequent courts as it did in disqualification of Justice Sajjad Ali Shah, Helicopter Reference and Hudaibya Paper Mill case.
    The obvious outcome is that during the appeals, the prime minister would be exonerated.

The third probability is a ‘neither here nor there’ judgment on lines of the Nasir ul Mulk Election Commission.
    It exonerated planned systematic rigging yet pointed at scores of defaults tantamount to rigging.
    The bench like the Nasir ul Mulk Commission, by not framing Questions of Law, has avoided its inquisitorial jurisdiction and preached from the pulpit.
    If this happens, it means a victory for PML-N.

The fallouts if the Panama Bench closes its doors cannot be determined.
    But surely all mechanisms within the constitutional jurisdiction of the people of Pakistan would have been day.
    This lawlessness will be exploited by anti-state elements.
    Yet, whatever the distraction and notwithstanding the judgments, Panama will keep coming back.

Imran Khan’s first prayer to the Supreme Court of ‘Sadiq and Ameen’ under articles 62 and 63 will continue to haunt.
    He could opt for a review or lose all confidence in the judicial system.
    Yet he will distinguish himself as the only leader who stood out for pointing corruption and demanding rule of law.
    Elections 2018 will not be an easy affair and Election Commission of Pakistan will be tested to its limits.
    http://nation.com.pk/columns/08-Apr-...-its-afterlife

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD:
    A Supreme Court judge on Tuesday observed that the apex court’s verdict in the Panamagate case will set a precedent which will be remembered for centuries.

“Our pronouncement on the Panama issue will be a law which will be endured for centuries,” Justice Ejaz Afzal Khan, who is part of the top court’s larger bench which heard the Panamagate case, said in his remarks during the hearing of an appeal filed by the Punjab government against the Lahore High Court’s order suspending the construction of the Orange Line Metro Train project.

The SC judge issued these remarks in response to a statement made by Khawaja Ahmad Hassan, the counsel for respondents – civil society members who had challenged the Orange Line’s construction in the LHC. “In the Panama case, the bench had observed that they will give verdict which could not be objected for 20 years,” Hassan said during the hearing of Orange Line case.
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1380544...-precedent-sc/

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well if the verdict is going to be historical (as claimed) then surely Sharifs are in trouble. How can it be historical if Sharif is declared innocent after hearing all the Qatari stories, flip flops, lies in parliament, threatning statements against SC. It will be historical embarassmen for Supreme court if verdict is soft against Sharifs.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I read the Tribune link. The language is ominous... for the country. Notice please that the Justice didn't say that the judgement will endure for centuries. He said it will be endured for centuries, i.e. we will bear the brunt of it forever. Surely such a top legal mind at the apex of his profession chooses his words carefully, and they must be perused extremely carefully to fathom their intended import.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely such a top legal mind at the apex of his profession chooses his words carefully.
    thats probably the last thing I would expect from them, far behind moustache twiddling and gratuitous antiquated not-really-legalese latin.