Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 655
  1. #81
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    2,775
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peshwa View Post
    Jus gv the credit were its due
    Why using so many filter to judge youngster
    So we can't even analyse the batting properly, eh?

  2. #82
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    7,324
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ready for unternation cricket especially shorter formats. With the national side, he can fibetunr his backfoot technique and game against short pitch bowling.

    Upto our system now to help him reach the greatness he seems destined for.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    So we can't even analyse the batting properly, eh?
    Why don’t you apply that filter to players like Dhoni, Manish, Keder, Rahane in ODI, Rohit in Test,etc.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Can you please tag me in one post instead of three different ones next time?

    And he had a pretty average IPL, not good enough to warrant him a permanent spot in the team even.

    Looked pretty average in his T20I games cosnidering his SR is all he is known for.

    If he's the best talent y'all have had in years then apka tou Khuda he Hafiz Hai Bhai.
    You have no clue about 8ndian batting talent.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,377
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a talent he is. India need to include him in the LO squads at least. High quality innings against the best bowling attack in the tournament.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    2,775
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Why don’t you apply that filter to players like Dhoni, Manish, Keder, Rahane in ODI, Rohit in Test,etc.
    And people don’t put filters to judge these players?
    Rohit in tests, Rahane in ODIs...the examples you mentioned are of the most criticised players for the formats
    Last edited by BreadPakoda; 11th May 2018 at 22:47.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,555
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    lets not get ahead of ourselves. ITs not the best attack in the world. Its the best attack in the IPL and one of international standard. But best attack in the world is stretching it. Overall, the Indian team has a better bowling than SRH.
    So Bhuvi is common to both.

    I would rather have Shakib, Sandeep Sharma, Rashid Khan and Siddharth Kaul as compared to Chahal, Kuldeep, Bumrah, Pandya...but no one can say the second is much better.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,407
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally! Plays a responsible innings and finishes the job for his team at the international level with an unbeaten 64 of 62 balls. That India A won the series as a result is the icing on the cake

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...ri-series-2018.

    The talent was never in question but the temperament definitely was. Hopefully he can build up on this innings and replace the incumbent WK after the next WC. With him we have a like to like replacement of the MSD of yore with a nice left handed variety as a bonus!


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  9. #89
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    913
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    Finally! Plays a responsible innings and finishes the job for his team at the international level with an unbeaten 64 of 62 balls. That India A won the series as a result is the icing on the cake

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...ri-series-2018.

    The talent was never in question but the temperament definitely was. Hopefully he can build up on this innings and replace the incumbent WK after the next WC. With him we have a like to like replacement of the MSD of yore with a nice left handed variety as a bonus!
    What is this international level that you speak of? Playing FC player from another country does not make it international level. It's still FC level, just from another country.

    He's faced better bowlers in IPL and bested them. Bailed his team out consistently in IPL from situations far more dire than this match. He's also scored stupendously long innings in FC cricket so his temperament shouldn't have been in doubt from the first place.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,407
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    What is this international level that you speak of? Playing FC player from another country does not make it international level. It's still FC level, just from another country.

    He's faced better bowlers in IPL and bested them. Bailed his team out consistently in IPL from situations far more dire than this match. He's also scored stupendously long innings in FC cricket so his temperament shouldn't have been in doubt from the first place.
    Well...explain to me then why he doesn't have a single eye catching performance at the top most level. He puts too much pressure on himself trying to live up to his reputation and that puts his timing and subsequently his game awry.

    Performing in the IPL and performing abroad are different - although pitches have flattened out all over the world, it is still not the same. Yes IPL has international bowlers who might be better than List A bowlers, but then Pant should have then thrashed lesser quality bowlers when he last played against International opposition by your logic.

    So yes it is not a technical issue but more of a mental issue for Pant with respect to catering to International opposition and I am pretty sure he would have learnt more about approaching an international game on this tour from a mental approach perspective.

    And playing your domestic FC team is different from an international FC team - and List A games are just one level below international games right?
    Last edited by dani2k; 4th July 2018 at 13:43.


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  11. #91
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,035
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many next big things does India have? First it was Sarfaraz Khan, then Rishabh Pant, then that Iyer guy, then Gill and Prithvi Shaw, and now Rahul seems to be the ring leader. Curious to see how many of these batsmen actually perform for a long time when they play for the senior team. Exciting times ahead.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,583
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In 2019 India will field the most devastating ODI batting line up ever seen :-

    Sharma
    Dhawan
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Pant
    Pandya
    Dhoni

  13. #93
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    22
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    In 2019 India will field the most devastating ODI batting line up ever seen :-

    Sharma
    Dhawan
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Pant
    Pandya
    Dhoni
    If only we could drop Dhoni and get someone like Samson/Kishen or even Shubman Gill

  14. #94
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    7,324
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    Well...explain to me then why he doesn't have a single eye catching performance at the top most level. He puts too much pressure on himself trying to live up to his reputation and that puts his timing and subsequently his game awry.

    Performing in the IPL and performing abroad are different - although pitches have flattened out all over the world, it is still not the same. Yes IPL has international bowlers who might be better than List A bowlers, but then Pant should have then thrashed lesser quality bowlers when he last played against International opposition by your logic.

    So yes it is not a technical issue but more of a mental issue for Pant with respect to catering to International opposition and I am pretty sure he would have learnt more about approaching an international game on this tour from a mental approach perspective.

    And playing your domestic FC team is different from an international FC team - and List A games are just one level below international games right?
    Maybe because he hasn't had enough opportunities and he is only 20 years old? The guy has hit India's fastest T20 100, scored more than a 1000 T20 runs, smashed the best IPL bowlers everywhere- all in last 6 months. Why does he not deserve to play even T20s when other teams are giving weightage to IPL prformance for their team selection?

    Look at his first class record , average of 50+ with a strike rate of nearly 100, add in all the exploits in T20 cricket - compare to any other 20 year old and you would know why he is rated so highly. To add, those are his performance only with the bat, that he's a regular keeper for his teams should mean him being given as many chances to succeed as he can get.

    But here is not even getting picked for India A squad for unofficial tests, guy being picked ahead of him is someone with a FC average of 36!

  15. #95
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,904
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Maybe because he hasn't had enough opportunities and he is only 20 years old? The guy has hit India's fastest T20 100, scored more than a 1000 T20 runs, smashed the best IPL bowlers everywhere- all in last 6 months. Why does he not deserve to play even T20s when other teams are giving weightage to IPL prformance for their team selection?

    Look at his first class record , average of 50+ with a strike rate of nearly 100, add in all the exploits in T20 cricket - compare to any other 20 year old and you would know why he is rated so highly. To add, those are his performance only with the bat, that he's a regular keeper for his teams should mean him being given as many chances to succeed as he can get.

    But here is not even getting picked for India A squad for unofficial tests, guy being picked ahead of him is someone with a FC average of 36!
    He is added to lndia A for unofficial tests. The wall to the rescue.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,407
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Maybe because he hasn't had enough opportunities and he is only 20 years old? The guy has hit India's fastest T20 100, scored more than a 1000 T20 runs, smashed the best IPL bowlers everywhere- all in last 6 months. Why does he not deserve to play even T20s when other teams are giving weightage to IPL prformance for their team selection?

    Look at his first class record , average of 50+ with a strike rate of nearly 100, add in all the exploits in T20 cricket - compare to any other 20 year old and you would know why he is rated so highly. To add, those are his performance only with the bat, that he's a regular keeper for his teams should mean him being given as many chances to succeed as he can get.

    But here is not even getting picked for India A squad for unofficial tests, guy being picked ahead of him is someone with a FC average of 36!
    He was indeed the first choice T20 WK in the Nidahas cup and DK came in after he did not grab his chances. So it is not the case that he is not getting opportunities but he has not made it count thus far. That is not a big concern, he has age on his side.

    Him being not selected for T20s is a tad unfair I agree, but with the WC just a year away and with Pant not having a realistic chance to make it the squad, I guess the line of thinking is to give chances to the squad which most likely is going to make the cut.

    Make no mistake, after the next WC he is going to be in for the long haul. Atleast for the shorter formats. He would definitely groomed for the longer formats as well behind Saha or DK.

    I thought Pant is in the IND A squad for the FC matches...is he not?


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  17. #97
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,904
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    He was indeed the first choice T20 WK in the Nidahas cup and DK came in after he did not grab his chances. So it is not the case that he is not getting opportunities but he has not made it count thus far. That is not a big concern, he has age on his side.

    Him being not selected for T20s is a tad unfair I agree, but with the WC just a year away and with Pant not having a realistic chance to make it the squad, I guess the line of thinking is to give chances to the squad which most likely is going to make the cut.

    Make no mistake, after the next WC he is going to be in for the long haul. Atleast for the shorter formats. He would definitely groomed for the longer formats as well behind Saha or DK.

    I thought Pant is in the IND A squad for the FC matches...is he not?
    K Bharat was the only WK for FC matches in England but Dravid wanted Pant too so he was added after List A matches.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    7,324
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    He was indeed the first choice T20 WK in the Nidahas cup and DK came in after he did not grab his chances. So it is not the case that he is not getting opportunities but he has not made it count thus far. That is not a big concern, he has age on his side.

    Him being not selected for T20s is a tad unfair I agree, but with the WC just a year away and with Pant not having a realistic chance to make it the squad, I guess the line of thinking is to give chances to the squad which most likely is going to make the cut.

    Make no mistake, after the next WC he is going to be in for the long haul. Atleast for the shorter formats. He would definitely groomed for the longer formats as well behind Saha or DK.

    I thought Pant is in the IND A squad for the FC matches...is he not?
    4 matches in T20s spread over an year to a youngster is enough chances? In those matches he did not set the world on fire but his scores were 3*, 38, 23 and 7. He was judged on the basis of his last two matches where he played as a pure batsman!

    And no DK was always the keeper for Nidhas Trophy, not Pant.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    7,324
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bharat is playing ahead of Pant in the unofficial test vs WI A. What a ridiculous decision to bench Pant. Guy has better FC average than some of the specialist batsmen in the India A team , yet is being forced to be on bench that too when he's in peak batting form.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,583
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Bharat is playing ahead of Pant in the unofficial test vs WI A. What a ridiculous decision to bench Pant. Guy has better FC average than some of the specialist batsmen in the India A team , yet is being forced to be on bench that too when he's in peak batting form.
    Ridiculous!!!!!

    Wasting one of the too talents we have currently.

  21. #101
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    5,168
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Ridiculous!!!!!

    Wasting one of the too talents we have currently.
    And the India A team was dismissed for 133. Surprised they did not even have Gill in the squad. Should have played both Gill and Pant here.

    Bowling should have also contained one of the U19 young pacers.

  22. #102
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,407
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    4 matches in T20s spread over an year to a youngster is enough chances? In those matches he did not set the world on fire but his scores were 3*, 38, 23 and 7. He was judged on the basis of his last two matches where he played as a pure batsman!

    And no DK was always the keeper for Nidhas Trophy, not Pant.
    Team selection and team dynamics thankfully is not based on the whims and fancies of fans like us and nowadays has become a lot fairer. You and me might be impatient for Pant. But what about DK and the chances he deserved?

    He also requires a fair trial and a long rope after a decade of comebacks which was spread over months. And did he not provide the returns? Be fair to all parties involved.

    Pant is a terrific talent and a special player like Viru and Mahi during their initial days when they played with a careless flair. He is young and will get his chances. Just not immediately which might seem unfair but on an overall picture view, he is getting his opportunities to improve himself and he better take them seriously (he does...so good for him)


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  23. #103
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,334
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be they dont rate Pant's keeping in the longer format much.In Tests, your keeping skills matter much more than LoI.That is why we still have Saha in our senior team.
    Also, this is a developmental tour and they are trying out players.This lineup doesnt even have Ankit Bawne who is highly rated in domestics.So they might change the lineup next time.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    2,302
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Emergence of KLRahul as a fast scoring batsman has pushed risabhs inclusion in Indian team by a year. Either dhoni or raina will be replaced by him . Dhawan Raul kohli rohit followed by dhoni pant pandya will make a strong batting lineup in odi and t20. Then there is iyer shubman and Shaw to follow

  25. #105
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Italia-Deutschland
    Runs
    7,012
    Mentioned
    1362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Next batting superstar is going to be Shubman Gill. These pants and Rahul are short gap fixes

  26. #106
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,334
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    Emergence of KLRahul as a fast scoring batsman has pushed risabhs inclusion in Indian team by a year. Either dhoni or raina will be replaced by him . Dhawan Raul kohli rohit followed by dhoni pant pandya will make a strong batting lineup in odi and t20. Then there is iyer shubman and Shaw to follow
    If English bowlers could bounce Raina out then Pant might get a chance sooner.But I dont think they are pacy enough to do that.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    7,711
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Dream come true for me to be a part of the Indian Test squad, says Rishabh Pant

    Rishabh Pant is living the dream he always cherished after being selected for India’s Test squad. Pant, who has been in England with India A side for quite some time, earned a call to the Test team after a commendable performance in the IPL and steady outings with India A side. Crediting his family and coach Tarek Sinha the 20-year old youngster maintained that focus will be on gaining as much experience as possible.

    “It was a great feeling to hear that I had been included in the Indian Test squad. I always wanted to be a part of the Indian Test squad and it was more like a dream come true for me. It was an amazing feeling, not only for me but also for my family and my coach Tarek Sinha sir, who helped me understand the game very early in my life. He has always wanted me to play Test cricket for India and when I got the call, he was very happy and proud and I enjoyed that moment,” Pant said.

    Speaking about the differences between limited overs format and the longer version of the game, Pant said,”There isn’t too much difference, it’s mainly got more to do with shot selection. In red ball cricket, with the field placements, you can look around; take your time, because you have five days to play. Whereas in limited overs cricket you have a limited number of balls to play and score.”

    “I have so far enjoyed my preparation with red ball cricket. The Duke ball swings a lot when you’re here in England and initially when I started playing here with India A, I realized that the swing will come a lot into play in these conditions,” he explained.

    Crediting India A coach Rahul Dravid, he said, “The only thing he always tells me is that you need to be patient about everything, be it on the field or off it. Also, how I need to work harder on my game when it comes to red ball cricket since I’m a positive batsman, but at times you need to play to the situation. See the pace of the game and change your game accordingly. These have been my learning from him wherein he has helped me a lot.”

    https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...-pant-5272090/

  28. #108
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,443
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Rishabh Pant is living the dream he always cherished after being selected for India’s Test squad. Pant, who has been in England with India A side for quite some time, earned a call to the Test team after a commendable performance in the IPL and steady outings with India A side. Crediting his family and coach Tarek Sinha the 20-year old youngster maintained that focus will be on gaining as much experience as possible.

    “It was a great feeling to hear that I had been included in the Indian Test squad. I always wanted to be a part of the Indian Test squad and it was more like a dream come true for me. It was an amazing feeling, not only for me but also for my family and my coach Tarek Sinha sir, who helped me understand the game very early in my life. He has always wanted me to play Test cricket for India and when I got the call, he was very happy and proud and I enjoyed that moment,” Pant said.

    Speaking about the differences between limited overs format and the longer version of the game, Pant said,”There isn’t too much difference, it’s mainly got more to do with shot selection. In red ball cricket, with the field placements, you can look around; take your time, because you have five days to play. Whereas in limited overs cricket you have a limited number of balls to play and score.”

    “I have so far enjoyed my preparation with red ball cricket. The Duke ball swings a lot when you’re here in England and initially when I started playing here with India A, I realized that the swing will come a lot into play in these conditions,” he explained.

    Crediting India A coach Rahul Dravid, he said, “The only thing he always tells me is that you need to be patient about everything, be it on the field or off it. Also, how I need to work harder on my game when it comes to red ball cricket since I’m a positive batsman, but at times you need to play to the situation. See the pace of the game and change your game accordingly. These have been my learning from him wherein he has helped me a lot.”

    https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...-pant-5272090/
    He looked like a proper tullaybaaz when I watched him last time. What changes has he brought to his batting now?

  29. #109
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,583
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The second most exciting young batting talent in the world right now after Lokesh Rahul. India truly is the talent powerhouse of cricket as far as batting is concerned.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,443
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    The second most exciting young batting talent in the world right now after Lokesh Rahul. India truly is the talent powerhouse of cricket as far as batting is concerned.
    No. Rishabh Pant is the second most overhyped cricketer in the world right now after Hardik Sobers Pandya.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,988
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have liked what i have seen off him in IPL

    Looks brave.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    5,168
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    No. Rishabh Pant is the second most overhyped cricketer in the world right now after Hardik Sobers Pandya.
    tbf to Pant, he has averaged 50 in Ranjis.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,443
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    tbf to Pant, he has averaged 50 in Ranjis.
    Not every cricketer can replicate his domestic performances in international cricket too. And I am saying it after watching how he played last time. He looks like a proper tullaybaaz. Will be found out soon. He should definitely not play a single test against England. His best chance was to play against England in T20's because that's the correct format for him.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    2,302
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Not every cricketer can replicate his domestic performances in international cricket too. And I am saying it after watching how he played last time. He looks like a proper tullaybaaz. Will be found out soon. He should definitely not play a single test against England. His best chance was to play against England in T20's because that's the correct format for him.
    I guess you are better at judging players skill and potential as compared to Rahul Drvaid.
    But then who is Dravid and what does he know about cricket???
    https://www.wisden.com/stories/inter...s-rahul-dravid

  35. #115
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,443
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    I guess you are better at judging players skill and potential as compared to Rahul Drvaid.
    But then who is Dravid and what does he know about cricket???
    https://www.wisden.com/stories/inter...s-rahul-dravid
    Meh another childish argument.

    Next time you post your views here I will remind you of so and so player knows more than you and your opinions are trash. You can use this logic on your posts too. People criticise Michael Holding too even though he knows better than you armchair critics.

    So if you have anything to say about how Pant is not a tullaybaaz say it otherwise don't waste my time.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  36. #116
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    2,302
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Meh another childish argument.

    Next time you post your views here I will remind you of so and so player knows more than you and your opinions are trash. You can use this logic on your posts too. People criticise Michael Holding too even though he knows better than you armchair critics.

    So if you have anything to say about how Pant is not a tullaybaaz say it otherwise don't waste my time.
    Waste your valuable armchair tv (cricket and movies) watching time you mean ? Sure will do.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rishabh Pant may have not done anything special in internationals but its only a matter of time. Mind you he just played couple of T20s for India. He recently batted beautifully against Eng A with a strike rate of 80+ against likes of Woakes and Curran. The same game where Vijay, Rahane, Nair all failed. He is also the 2nd best keeper in the country (after Saha). I would play him in the 1st test as a surprise package.

  38. #118
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    5,168
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Not every cricketer can replicate his domestic performances in international cricket too. And I am saying it after watching how he played last time. He looks like a proper tullaybaaz. Will be found out soon. He should definitely not play a single test against England. His best chance was to play against England in T20's because that's the correct format for him.
    Lot of cricketers who have poor techniques have done well in test cricket, and those with great techniques have failed. There are only two criteria to select players
    1. Those who scores runs/taken wickets in domesitc cricket irrespective of technique and age
    2. The youngsters who show lot of promise, even though they might not have runs or wickets in the bag

    Rishabh Pant fits in both categories. He needs to be given a chance irrespective of his technique.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    1,796
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    No. Rishabh Pant is the second most overhyped cricketer in the world right now after Hardik Sobers Pandya.
    Come on let the guy first make a debut, you already termed him a hack.
    He is just 20 years old.
    Looks like u already hate him

  40. #120
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,443
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Come on let the guy first make a debut, you already termed him a hack.
    He is just 20 years old.
    Looks like u already hate him
    Wake up. He has already played few matches for India. Go and watch those matches first. Guys who are overhyping him now will be the first ones to cuss him here.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru


  41. #121
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    1,796
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Wake up. He has already played few matches for India. Go and watch those matches first. Guys who are overhyping him now will be the first ones to cuss him here.
    I was talking about test debut.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,443
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    I was talking about test debut.
    Oh please. Let him cement his place in the T20 team first and that depends on MS Dhoni. He has been selected for the wrong format on this tour. Should have played in the T20's against England instead.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,443
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lokesh Rahul will be the wicket keeper in this practice match. If he can do a good job behind the stumps it will allow us to select another specialist batsman.

  44. #124
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,467
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Lokesh Rahul will be the wicket keeper in this practice match. If he can do a good job behind the stumps it will allow us to select another specialist batsman.
    Hope he does a good job. He did pretty good in IPL as a Keeper Batsman.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    193
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its completely different beast to do wkt keeping in tests and then again bat in the top order...this can be manageable in t20 but not in tests...further in tests wktkeeper should be a specialist keeper as a drop catch can cost you a match...hope management doesn’t ruin rahuls career by making him wktkeeper in tests..he should be played as a specialist batsmen

  46. #126
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    7,711
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Dilip Vengsarkar backs Rishabh Pant for third Test

    Dilip Vengsarkar, the former India batsman and selector, has backed Rishabh Pant to make his Test debut in the third Test at Trent Bridge.

    India are 2-0 behind in the five-match series. While captain Virat Kohli propped up their batting in the first Test, which was a closely fought affair, they suffered twin collapses at Lord’s to fall to an innings defeat.

    With the Indian top order out of form and out of sorts against the moving ball, and Kohli struggling with a back injury, there are calls to shake up the line-up ahead of the Nottingham Test starting on 18 August.

    Vengsarkar, who in his time had reportedly fought to give Kohli his early break into the side, has called for the inclusion of Pant, an “explosive batsman” and wicket-keeper.

    “Rishabh Pant should get in,” he told BBC Radio. “Apart from Kohli, nobody has shown that they could score runs here.”

    India got the worst of the batting conditions at Lord’s, but the former batsman, who has the unique distinction of making three centuries on three back-to-back visits to Lord’s between 1979 and 1986, insisted the batsmen can do better.

    “Whether it's English or Australian conditions, you have to adapt quickly. You have to apply yourself and get runs,” he said.

    “You have to give respect to the bowlers.”

    However, Vengsarkar, who averages 42.13 from 116 Tests, did not believe the results on this tour would affect India’s prospects in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, also in England and Wales.

    Hoping the side would replicate the success of the 1983 edition in England, which he was part of, he said, “It’s the one-day game, and India are good in the one-day game. They’ve done well in the past. English conditions will suit our spinners as well as medium pacers.”

    https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/815753

  47. #127
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    106,777
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    And his debut...



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  48. #128
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    15,019
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Commentator said he's the 12th batsman to get off the mark with a 6!

  49. #129
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,583
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Long way to go Panty!

    He has huge potential. Though IPL is no benchmark but we saw this season what he is capable of.

  50. #130
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    7,711
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    ‘Rishabh Pant has guts but needs some improvements’ : Farokh Engineer

    Rishabh Pant passed his Test debut against England at Trent Bridge with flying colours, and delighted former India stumper Farokh Engineer sees a bit of himself in the 20-year-old.

    Pant took seven catches in a composed showing but his fearlessness was hailed after becoming the first Indian to get off the mark in Test cricket with a six, hoicking England leg-spinner Adil Rashid over long on off the second ball he faced.

    “I’m very impressed, he has tremendous reflexes,” he said on Sunday. “I love to see youngsters make a mark. He didn’t show any nerves and hit the second ball for a six. My first three balls I faced in Test cricket, I hit them for fours, but that was out of sheer nervousness.”

    Engineer made his Test debut against England at Kanpur in 1961, becoming popular for his sharp keeping to the famed spin quartet, and aggressive batting in an era when playing in the air was a strict no.

    “Rishabh has guts and confidence. Some nerves are bound to happen being his debut. He wanted to get off the mark quickly and that is the shot he plays. But he was bubbling,” Engineer added.

    However, Engineer, who played for Lancashire in the English County and lives in Manchester, felt Pant can improve his keeping with minor adjustments. The Delhi Ranji skipper replaced Dinesh Karthik in the eleven for the game.

    Pant’s one blemish during India’s 203-run win in Trent Bridge was dropping Jos Buttler on one run. He went on to make 106, but it didn’t hurt India as they were already in control of the match.

    “He gets up too soon. One must rise with the ball. He also positioned himself a bit too back, the slip cordon also. Jasprit Bumrah once called him forward. If I meet him, I will tell him. A wicket-keeper should stay as low as possible to move quickly and even turn half-chances into catches.

    “But he will learn. Overall, his performance was brilliant.”

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...aXUsqV5sM.html

  51. #131
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    542
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started off well but no need to play like this when situation is demanding a steady approach. His game is more suited to LOIs.

  52. #132
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    72,327
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    There's a bit of Shahid Afridi in his batting it seems.

    Big shots or nothing.



  53. #133
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,489
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next big tullaybaaz.

  54. #134
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,443
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    The next big tullaybaaz.
    I said it before also after looking at his performance and batting style. He is a tullaybaaz and he should only play T20 cricket for India.

  55. #135
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,489
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I said it before also after looking at his performance and batting style. He is a tullaybaaz and he should only play T20 cricket for India.
    That shot he played is unforgivable.

  56. #136
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    20,309
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Look at Sam Curran and look at him
    The difference in attitude is visible

  57. #137
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    20,309
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    India need Saha back badly .

  58. #138
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    India need Saha back badly .
    Saha's time has gone.

  59. #139
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    The next big tullaybaaz.
    Thats Afridi and co. Not Pant.

  60. #140
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,377
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should be given a few more games.

  61. #141
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Should be given a few more games.
    He will be. He is a better batsman than Dhoni who was Indias best test wkt keeper batsman.

  62. #142
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,660
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian selectors need to be patient with him.He should be the backup wicketkeeper for India after Saha returns.Karthik shouldn't be near the side.Pant can play in the side as a batsman.

  63. #143
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,704
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Too raw,but clearly has oodles of talent


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  64. #144
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,096
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    India's big things are too small these days.

  65. #145
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Too raw,but clearly has oodles of talent
    And pakistanis are naming him Tullaybaaz. Dont know exactly what it means as never heard of this word used on Indian cricket fields but people use it for Afridi here.

    Pant is a proper batsman.

  66. #146
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    72,327
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    And pakistanis are naming him Tullaybaaz. Dont know exactly what it means as never heard of this word used on Indian cricket fields but people use it for Afridi here.

    Pant is a proper batsman.
    Proper batsmen don't play the sort of shot he played a short while ago in a Test match.

    England had just moved that fielder there and next ball he hit it straight down his throat.



  67. #147
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    4,111
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A talented batsman who showed his inexperience in the middle of the day but for armchair critics to call a 20 year old a "Tullaybaaz" is a bit pathetic really.

    Just needs the right coaching and guidance so he can improve his mental side of the game.

  68. #148
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Proper batsmen don't play the sort of shot he played a short while ago in a Test match.

    England had just moved that fielder there and next ball he hit it straight down his throat.
    He is 20yr old playing his 2nd test and can make such a mistake under pressure. Even greats of the game have done that.

  69. #149
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    72,327
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    He is 20yr old playing his 2nd test and can make such a mistake under pressure. Even greats of the game have done that.
    20 year old or 40 year old, it was not a very bright thing to do.

    Looks like a risky choice for Tests.



  70. #150
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    20,309
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Match losing innings today . He could easily stayed for another 40-50 runs and India might have won the game . Shows you the match awareness . No excuse of inexperience

  71. #151
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Indian selectors need to be patient with him.He should be the backup wicketkeeper for India after Saha returns.Karthik shouldn't be near the side.Pant can play in the side as a batsman.
    Saha is 34. He isnt coming back from a shoulder surgery into the Indian team.

    The team selection is messed up. When Saha was injured Pant should have played in SA. But we played a 33yr old Patel. Then againist the Afghans we played a 34yr ols Karthik. Then 1st two tests again Karthik played. If Pan would have played those 5 tests he would have been better equipped to handle pressure.

  72. #152
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,489
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Thats Afridi and co. Not Pant.
    We are witnessing the birth of the Indian Shahid Afridi, without the hair and bowling talent ofcourse.

  73. #153
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    20 year old or 40 year old, it was not a very bright thing to do.

    Looks like a risky choice for Tests.
    Its inexperience.

    Risky? He is a wk batsman. Even if he avgs 35-40 it will be good enough. But for that he needs to be given his chances. Unfortunately the t20 and odi spot is blocked for 7-8 months and politics mrans he wont be selected even as a batsman in LoIs.

  74. #154
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    20,309
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    On the other side Sam playing his first full series he has basically won 2 test matches for England in this series no way England would have won if Sam wasn’t playing

  75. #155
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    We are witnessing the birth of the Indian Shahid Afridi, without the hair and bowling talent ofcourse.
    Unfortunately for you we dont play avg cricketers like Afridi for 300 mstches. So there wont be a Indian Afridi ever.

  76. #156
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    On the other side Sam playing his first full series he has basically won 2 test matches for England in this series no way England would have won if Sam wasn’t playing
    Sam wont win zilch if this was in India. Pant is yet to play a test in India.

  77. #157
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,489
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Unfortunately for you we dont play avg cricketers like Afridi for 300 mstches. So there wont be a Indian Afridi ever.
    Unfortunately for me? I could care less how many chances you give this hack

    Speaking of avg cricketers, a certain Dinesh Karthik has played for how many years now?

  78. #158
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    20,309
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Sam wont win zilch if this was in India. Pant is yet to play a test in India.
    He came under pressure all the time and delivered even if its in England . Rishab was lost

  79. #159
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    He came under pressure all the time and delivered even if its in England . Rishab was lost
    Playing at home and Away are two different things.

  80. #160
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Unfortunately for me? I could care less how many chances you give this hack

    Speaking of avg cricketers, a certain Dinesh Karthik has played for how many years now?
    And how many matches has he played?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •