Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    India batsmen as a unit played like they had nothing to lose. That is not the attitude for a Top rated team. No premium to their wickets

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    India batsmen as a unit played like they had nothing to lose. That is not the attitude for a Top rated team. No premium to their wickets
    Basically this. Only 3 batsmen cant score runs. Englands top order has been equally bad but their lower order has made runs.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abysmal game sense. You pushed the fielders back opening up easy singles that you can milk forever. And then you hit out.

Reminds me of Akmal in how stupid his thought process is.

Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical t20 tullaybaaz. That was a horrendous shot. I guess no amount of IPL circus can prepare you for a tense day 4 chase in England when a test series is on the line.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't think much of him during an ODI he played, batting with Dhoni at the other end. Haven't followed IPL last few seasons, so don't know about what he did there. But he is definitely a long term player and a classy cricketer unlike that fraud Hardik Pandya.

Keeping is very good too and sadly for Dinesh Karthik, who saved us humiliation at Bangladesh's hands, this is where it ends.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how he got a 29 ball duck in the 1st innings and then played in the 2nd innings like it was a T20 match. I think his aggressive approach yesterday was fine but that way to get out must be frustrating, caught on the offside playing a lofted shot, he would be annoyed as if he got just another 30 more runs playing shots pressure would have increased on England.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is first time in this series that I have watched 20 overs live non-stop on TV while India is bowling, and I think it is safe that Pant's wicket keeping is as bad as Umar Akmal.

Plenty of byes, slow movement off the feet, even when he appeals he does not sound like a wicketkeeper. I would be interested to know at what age Pant picked up the gloves and said I want to be a keeper, because he just does not look like one.

May be the Indian posters can also shed some light on this.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really he’s useless

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    This is first time in this series that I have watched 20 overs live non-stop on TV while India is bowling, and I think it is safe that Pant's wicket keeping is as bad as Umar Akmal.

Plenty of byes, slow movement off the feet, even when he appeals he does not sound like a wicketkeeper. I would be interested to know at what age Pant picked up the gloves and said I want to be a keeper, because he just does not look like one.

May be the Indian posters can also shed some light on this.
    Have said since his debut people here say he is just 20 so it’s normal . Well I have seen Saifullah bangash at 19 who looks proper keeper . I don’t think age is excuse of saying who is proper keeper

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    Have said since his debut people here say he is just 20 so it’s normal . Well I have seen Saifullah bangash at 19 who looks proper keeper . I don’t think age is excuse of saying who is proper keeper
    Yeah i think India will potentially loose a lot of games if this guy is in the line up. Not to mention his batting is as ugly and brainless as his keeping.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Does India want to borrow Kamran Akmal? Apparantely Pakistan doesnt need him.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    I guess you are better at judging players skill and potential as compared to Rahul Drvaid.
    But then who is Dravid and what does he know about cricket???
    https://www.wisden.com/stories/inter...s-rahul-dravid
    Hello Sir, I would like to know the same thing again now. What changes did he bring to his batting this time to be included in the team? As I said he is a tullaybaaz and at best he should be picked for T20's only for now. Also watch him dance like Sunny Deol behind the stumps when India is going to play on spinning tracks.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Our padosis call him Tullaybaaz. Well they said Kohli cant play the moving ball. Bumrah wasnot rated much etc etc etc. Well Dravid has aired his views about Pant and most likely the Indian team will stick to that view.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This forum has no patience with players. Labbled rubbish after or 2 bad games. Young players aren't going to average 100 for 10/20 games in a row. Just give them time. Luckily the Indian think tank will back Pant and we will see if he's good enough.

From what I have seen of him , I think he will come good.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Our padosis call him Tullaybaaz. Well they said Kohli cant play the moving ball. Bumrah wasnot rated much etc etc etc. Well Dravid has aired his views about Pant and most likely the Indian team will stick to that view.
    I hope you stick with him just like you’ve stuck with KL Rahul and gifted England a free wicket every game. Ganguly praised Pandya to the tilt a while back, and look how pretty Pandya is looking on the bench right now.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    I hope you stick with him just like you’ve stuck with KL Rahul and gifted England a free wicket every game. Ganguly praised Pandya to the tilt a while back, and look how pretty Pandya is looking on the bench right now.
    Pandya took 5 wickets in an innings and helped India win a test match. Or did you miss it?

Yes Indian cricket will stick with him.Dont wory.

aaj mujh ko bahut burā kah kar
    aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dare I say typical new generation batsman...also I was pleasantly surprised by his WK thus far too.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    More suited for the shorter format but a guess most young players would struggle making their test debut in England, especially sub continent players.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Pandya took 5 wickets in an innings and helped India win a test match. Or did you miss it?

Yes Indian cricket will stick with him.Dont wory.
    I’m sure the reason Kapil Dev finds himself out of the team right now is because he needed a rest?

What happened to your ‘dominant’ Indian team BTW? I remember us having a fruitful discussion before the series, thora josh toh dikhao ab joshila bhai

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure the reason Kapil Dev finds himself out of the team right now is because he needed a rest?

What happened to your ‘dominant’ Indian team BTW? I remember us having a fruitful discussion before the series, thora josh toh dikhao ab joshila bhai
    India already has twice as many wins in SENA than any other visiting team this season.

Try again, bruv.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    India already has twice as many wins in SENA than any other visiting team this season.

Try again, bruv.
    Your standards are quite high for a dominant team, I must say.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do know what "dominant" means right? It's a relative term. And whether you like it or not every stat shows India to be the dominant side currently because they are winning everywhere more than other teams are.

Nobody is claiming that this team is dominating like Australia or Windies did.

It seems crazy to me that something so simple has to be explained with so much detail.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

We already have twice the number of wins in SENA countries than SENA had in India on their last visit.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do know what "dominant" means right? It's a relative term. And whether you like it or not every stat shows India to be the dominant side currently because they are winning everywhere more than other teams are.

It seems crazy to me that something so simple has to be explained with so much detail.
    Because you are a newbie here, behave like one. Joshila bhai here had himself pull up performances of Australia 2000s/Windies 70s when we had a bit of a tiff before the series started.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Bas uperwale ki meherbani. Lekin phir bhi kabhi ghamand nahi kiya.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has many technical issues so he won't succeed in tests(overseas) but he can be very useful in LOIs. India should stick with him in Odis and t20is.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because you are a newbie here, behave like one. Joshila bhai here had himself pull up performances of Australia 2000s/Windies 70s when we had a bit of a tiff before the series started.
    First of all, I will behave the way I see fit. I don't need to toe your line.

Secondly, if you have ever seen me claim that India is anywhere close to 90s/2000s AUS or 70s Windies then get back to me.
    Last edited by the_outsider; 9th September 2018 at 18:04.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Back to back attacking knocks from Pant.

Missed out on a 100 but thats the way he operates. Loving this attitude and attacking instincts.

If he can be half the player for India Gilchrist was for Australia down the order we will turn a few defeats into wins.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Hello Sir, I would like to know the same thing again now. What changes did he bring to his batting this time to be included in the team? As I said he is a tullaybaaz and at best he should be picked for T20's only for now. Also watch him dance like Sunny Deol behind the stumps when India is going to play on spinning tracks.
    Humble pie served.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most impressive inning was 25odd run he made in his first inning.
    He left balls close to off stump when broad and anderson came round the wicket.
    Earlier I had the impression from IPL that he knows just one way.
    It will be exciting to see how he adapts when we are playing to save the match.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Humble pie served.
    I guess Rahul Dravid did know something about his student ...but Sunny Deol dancing was some peoples fantasy

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Back to back attacking knocks from Pant.

Missed out on a 100 but thats the way he operates. Loving this attitude and attacking instincts.

If he can be half the player for India Gilchrist was for Australia down the order we will turn a few defeats into wins.
    Even if he becomes a Jos Butler, India will be set for the WK position for the next decade.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Needs to calm down, which he will with experience. He's just turned 21. He'd be a frightening prospect 3-4 years from now - provided the blings don't distract him.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Still does not warrant a loss against the weakest England and South-Africa Side in the last decade?I will agree if they win in Australia but will they?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    I guess Rahul Dravid did know something about his student ...but Sunny Deol dancing was some peoples fantasy
    Some of Our padosi friends dismissed Pant as a Tullaybaaz. Whatever that means in pakistan. Heard it being used for Afridi.

For them Indian batsman are HTB or Tullaybaaz and Indian fast bowlers Trundlers. These same guys went missing during the Asia cup.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Honestly , dhoni has no business playing ODIs now. Pant deserves to be in ahead of him.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical man View Post
    Still does not warrant a loss against the weakest England and South-Africa Side in the last decade?I will agree if they win in Australia but will they?
    Weakest SA side? ABD, Faf, Amla, de Kock, Morkel, Steyn, Rabada, Philander, Ngidi and Maharaj. All such poor players, right?

And what's worse? Losing an away tour in SA 2-1 or being whitewashed at home by SL and losing to WI at home?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Humble pie served.
    Itni jaldi? Thora wait toh kar lete.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Honestly , dhoni has no business playing ODIs now. Pant deserves to be in ahead of him.
    Dhoni is in the team because of his business. Brand Dhoni is still alive.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aap bhi wait kar sakte the, tullaybaaz ko waqt to dete thora.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Weakest SA side? ABD, Faf, Amla, de Kock, Morkel, Steyn, Rabada, Philander, Ngidi and Maharaj. All such poor players, right?

And what's worse? Losing an away tour in SA 2-1 or being whitewashed at home by SL and losing to WI at home?
    So as an Indian Supporter you are happy with the scoreline of 2-1?This was a series that was for the taking and what is your analysis about England drubbing 4-1/3-1 ODI?What should we as Indian supporters expect when we travel to Australia ?To be the best touring Indian side as quoted by Shastri?There are many more questions that need to be answered and are under the carpet...

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical man View Post
    So as an Indian Supporter you are happy with the scoreline of 2-1?This was a series that was for the taking and what is your analysis about England drubbing 4-1/3-1 ODI?What should we as Indian supporters expect when we travel to Australia ?To be the best touring Indian side as quoted by Shastri?There are many more questions that need to be answered and are under the carpet...

My main point was that it was a full strength SA side. Nothing weak about it.

But coming to the scoreline, of course it's not a satisfying scoreline. But I can honestly say that India put up a lot more fight in those 3 matches in SA than SA put up in India when they lost 3-0.

Yes, it's a series loss. And that is disappointing. But as a fan, I don't just look at the final scoreline when it comes to something to complex as test matches.

England ODI was a 2-1 loss. Not 3-1. And TBH I am fine with that. England and India are clearly the two best ODI sides now and matches between them are going to be competitive. A 1-2 scoreline in England without Bumrah and Bhuvi doesn't bother me so much. The last time these two teams played in 2017, it was 2-1 in India's favour. So India is going neck and neck with the best in the world. It was the first bilateral series loss in 12 series. How can I as a fan complain about that?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Irony of this statement.

You judged him in 30 balls. He at least waited for a test century.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Looks to be good and if he gets in, he will score quickly.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He still needs to make a few minor technical adjustments especially with his balance while playing shots. Will sort it out as he plays more. But not giving him a chance in ODIs and T20s now will be criminal

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dhoni is in the team because of his business. Brand Dhoni is still alive.
    Well brand dhoni needs to be killed off then

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Irony of this statement.

True, no rules for ownself, only preaching.

Follow what you preach first Viru Bhai

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pant has dropped a tough chance. Expect the Dhoni mafia to keep highlighting Pant's keeping lapses. They will conveniently forget what a terrible keeper Dhoni was in his initial days.

Like any other young keeper, Pant's wicket keeping is still work in progress and he will get better as he plays more.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Pahad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy.

Took him a second to declare Pant a tulleybaaz, but now he wants people to wait.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its INDv WI and almost every ball is spinning yet this lad is easily picking up balls and stumpings, he is totally different right now, his keeping isnt as bad as people portraied in eng or even if it was he has improved it alot and coz he is just 20 he has time to improve alot unlike some 30'y oldies , some say his shot selections are bad but if ur slog is getting u better run then how any other Wicketkeeper will fare rught now or dare i say they dont even get half the runs ,then wont be bad

Even dhoni and lukes of kohli had poor start to careers so i think pant is allowed atleast one bad eng series but tho i dont see it as bad since most batsmen failed atleast he got 2 gr8 scores with gr8 strike rate.

If anything he is best WK batsman india has who can cone down order and slog or if need be play sensibly

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    confidence, and vice-versa, pressure influence human beings to such extent one cannot think of. And an example of this Pant, who was batting like a deer infront of head lights now looks like a future regular cricketer and is at par with the demands of international cricket. Lot to improve, but the best bet India can have at this moment. Hope he does work on his fitness and defence skills too. Good find.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Irony of this statement.

This is why I asked you to wait because you will see more bad performances from this hack than the good ones. Got it now?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why I asked you to wait because you will see more bad performances from this hack than the good ones. Got it now?
    He came to bat at 15th over in a 20 over game with 9 wickets left. The ask was to hit every ball and he got out caught at the boundary. What is the issue here?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He tried to hit out for the team. Gotta respect it.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    He came to bat at 15th over in a 20 over game with 9 wickets left. The ask was to hit every ball and he got out caught at the boundary. What is the issue here?
    Some of you should make up your mind first. Some fans want him to bat at 4 and some want him to bat at 6. Excuses are same but his performance is not at the level he was hyped at by the fans.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    He is lucky he is not playing for West Indies otherwise fans would have immediately called him a hack.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of you should make up your mind first. Some fans want him to bat at 4 and some want him to bat at 6. Excuses are same but his performance is not at the level he was hyped at by the fans.
    You do realize right that batting order gets changed based on the situation of the game? With 5 overs and 9 wickets left, what should he have done? Blocked to get a run a ball 20*?

Sorry to say but most your posts are whataboutary and scoring points with other posters. But atleast choose the occassion right to score points.

No one gave excuse for Pant. He is a young player who had shown potential and hence are backing him. What is wrong in it? You want players to be dispensed just after couple of failures?

C'mmon now...lets not be silly here.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    You do realize right that batting order gets changed based on the situation of the game? With 5 overs and 9 wickets left, what should he have done? Blocked to get a run a ball 20*?

Sorry to say but most your posts are whataboutary and scoring points with other posters. But atleast choose the occassion right to score points.

No one gave excuse for Pant. He is a young player who had shown potential and hence are backing him. What is wrong in it? You want players to be dispensed just after couple of failures?

C'mmon now...lets not be silly here.
    It is pretty clear who is trying hard to score points over the other. So lets not go there. My personal opinion : Pant is a hack.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He deserves a decent run in the side before he's judged.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is pretty clear who is trying hard to score points over the other. So lets not go there. My personal opinion : Pant is a hack.
    No that is fine...no one can question or care about your personal opinion. But we are a cricket forum, right? So bumping a thread and shouting in open theatre that Pant failed again, when he came to bat at 15th over in a T20 game with 9 wickets in hand while he was looking to score runs ought to be called out.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No that is fine...no one can question or care about your personal opinion. But we are a cricket forum, right? So bumping a thread and shouting in open theatre that Pant failed again, when he came to bat at 15th over in a T20 game with 9 wickets in hand while he was looking to score runs ought to be called out.
    I would have taken you seriously had you said the exact same thing to the guy who bumped this thread and quoted me when Pant hit a century. But no, you didn't do it. You only have problem when I did the same. Shows clearly who is looking for point scoring and seeking attention.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His shot selection has to improve. He tries to hit everything too hard.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have taken you seriously had you said the exact same thing to the guy who bumped this thread and quoted me when Pant hit a century. But no, you didn't do it. You only have problem when I did the same. Shows clearly who is looking for point scoring and seeking attention.
    That is bcoz the preamble of your arguement is wrong and its only whataboutary/scoring points/taking meaningless jibes at others. Scoring 100 is different from getting out in 15th over of a t20 game looking to score quick runs. Yes, if Pant had played that kind of shot in ODI game with 30 overs to go, you hv a point.

I hv seen how you were hell bent of proving Pandya is a hack, then you jumped onto Rahul and now you are at Pant's back. Tomorrow you will target Shaw as well if he fails in Aust. Its becoming your habbit to have a go at every young Indian players. You are simply doing this to score points with few posters. One or two posts is fine...but its getting boring now since you repeating it in every post.
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 6th November 2018 at 20:31.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    That is bcoz the preamble of your arguement is wrong and its only whataboutary/scoring points/taking meaningless jibes at others. Scoring 100 is different from getting out in 15th over of a t20 game looking to score quick runs. Yes, if Pant had played that kind of shot in ODI game with 30 overs to go, you hv a point.

I hv seen how you were hell bent of proving Pandya is a hack, then you jumped onto Rahul and now you are at Pant's back. Tomorrow you will target Shaw as well if he fails in Aust. Its becoming your habbit to have a go at every young Indian players. You are simply doing this to score points with few posters. One or two posts is fine...but its getting boring now since you repeating it in every post.
    This thread is about Rishabh Pant not me. Kindly stay on topic and don't tell me what I should post here or not. Since you can't prove that he is not a hack you are derailing the thread now.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 6th November 2018 at 22:50.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is about Rishabh Pant not me. Kindly stay on topic and don't tell me what I should post here or not. Since you can't prove that he is not a hack you are derailing the thread now.
    Trust me...saying that a batsman need to score runs in 15th over a T20 game with 9 wickets in hand is not TRYING TOO HARD at all. Sure even you can grasp that.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 6th November 2018 at 22:50.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Every time I have seen Rishab Pant bat in T20 international, he has batted like a hack. Time is running out for him.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant is 21 and he will come good with time. This is a phase where he is developing and trying to establish himself. So, it will take a bit of time, but he is what India's future is as far as wicket-keeper batsmen goes.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    To be honest i have seen very little of Pant and i can just recall how untidy he was with the gloves. He may score a lot of runs for India but look out for some important drop catches.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get what is this obsession with the word, "hack". Well, mind you, T20 is a game best suited for hacks. There is a reason why a hack like Colin Munro is one of the best T20 batsmen in the world.

Pant, however, is not a hack. He is a Work in Progress. Developing as a batsmen and his age is 21 only.

The guys who are calling Pant as hacks would have also called MS Dhoni a hack in 2004 and V Sehwag a hack as well in 2000. But results are there to be seen.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Trust me...saying that a batsman need to score runs in 15th over a T20 game with 9 wickets in hand is not TRYING TOO HARD at all. Sure even you can grasp that.
    It's not just about attacking every ball. No issues with that. It's the manner of his dismissals. Most of them are skiers while he tries to hoick to mid wicket. If he is much better than that, he should show that soon.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And was he trying to "hit out for the team" in the first T20 when he played that ugly shot to have India reeling at 30 for 3?

Pant can only play one way. Six or out. At this point in his career he is nothing more than a glorified slogger. Basically India's Glen Maxwell minus the fielding ability.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And was he trying to "hit out for the team" in the first T20 when he played that ugly shot to have India reeling at 30 for 3?

Pant can only play one way. Six or out. At this point in his career he is nothing more than a glorified slogger. Basically India's Glen Maxwell minus the fielding ability.
    Sorry Bro, I was talking about that oday's innings. Yes, he's an unfinished product but, deserves chances.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is not a hack. Already better than dhoni in tests. A 100 overseas which dhoni didnt had in his entire career. Looks like he is in mould of sehwag/ gilly, game looks suited to LOIs but more succesful in tests.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    2 failures and the knives are out!! These same jokers questioning him now have been brutally silenced in Test matches. Same thing will happen in T20s and ODIs as well.

Just can’t accept that a youngster is here to stay and replace their past by it hero full time.

Irony is same jokers write essays supporting the ‘experienced TTFs’

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudra View Post
    He is not a hack. Already better than dhoni in tests. A 100 overseas which dhoni didnt had in his entire career. Looks like he is in mould of sehwag/ gilly, game looks suited to LOIs but more succesful in tests.

One good knock will settle him down in shorter formats, and that is not very far away. Could even be a 40-45 ball 100 that kickstarts his career in the shorter formats.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Bro, I was talking about that oday's innings. Yes, he's an unfinished product but, deserves chances.
    He definitely deserves chances. No doubt. He has a lot of batting talent.

But he is also being hyped as well. I'm sure he'll be a success in the future. But he's not sorted his game out yet. I don't blame him. Not too many players have their game sorted at 21.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Rishabh Pant must understand that his strength can easily lead to his downfall: VVS Laxman

Rishabh Pant has had a fabulous international career till date. The 21-year-old wicketkeeper-batsman, pitted as MS Dhoni’s successor, who made his Test debut in England this year, has already 346 runs to his name in five Tests at an average of 43.25.

Pant, who recently scored his maiden Twenty20 International half century in third and final match against West Indies at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai, has been fearless in his stroke-play and has the ability to score all round the ground. However, former India batsman VVS Laxman reckons that Pant must be not be brash with his strokes.

“Pant must understand that what is his strength can easily lead to his downfall if he is not careful. While it is imperative to embrace natural freedom, he will be well advised to play high-percentage strokes, more so when he is adept at doing so,” Laxman wrote in his column for the Times of India on Tuesday.

The Hyderabad batsman, who entertained fans with his glorious batting for over a decade, was happy to see opener Shikhar Dhawan among runs. The southpaw finally struck form after a string of poor scores in the ODI series.

Dhawan, who had scored 154 runs in the five ODIs at an average of 30.80, smashed a 62-ball 92 in Chennai on Sunday. “It was wonderful to see Shikhar get back among big runs ahead of the tour of Australia, and his partnership with young Rishabh Pant all but sealed the deal in Chennai,” Laxman wrote.

Talking about specialist death-overs bowler Jasprit Bumrah, he said: “Jasprit Bumrah was excellent as ever while Kuldeep Yadav is clearly among the best bowlers in white-ball cricket. What was pleasing was his control, even as he unfurled his vast bag of tricks. That the Windies batsmen had little clue which way the ball was turning was the perfect reflection of Kuldeep’s mastery over his craft.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...-laxman-764789

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Let him be please. He's all of 21 and if a 21 year old doesn't play his natural attacking game fearlessly, who else will?

He will learn to be judicious with time, he did so in Tests. What we don't want in our shorter format middle order is another accumulator.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to call Pant a hack, but I would gladly take him over current Dhoni. Don't care if he fails in WC, at least there won't be a regret for Indian fans since the selectors and say they tried fresh blood. Dhoni is a ticking time bomb, there will be no excuse if he fails in WC.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Just saw this news that this guy Rishabh Pant shared a picture with Prithvi Shaw on his twitter page and fans started asking him to concentrate on his game and blamed him for the loss in the first T20 match.

I am pretty sure these are the same fans who were calling for Dhoni's head, overhyping Pant and serving humble pies to others when Rishabh Pant played one good inning after 5-6 innings.