Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    If a Pakistani 20 year old WK had scored centuries in Australia and England and regularly smashed the daylights of bowlers in the PSL, people here would be talking about his ATG status. Threads would've already been created on where he ranks among the all time WK batsmen. Just remember this is the place where Shadab and Faheem are apparently world class.

Rishabh Pant is extraordinary. What a world class talent. At the moment he just needs to work hard on his WK. He's clearly a 100 Test and 300 ODI player.
    Very well put.

Anyone who questions Pant's batting talent right now is incredibly ignorant. He is among the most gifted young batsmen in world cricket.

His two test hundreds in England and Australia everyone is talking about also weren't just regular hundreds. He smashed the bowlers around reminiscent of how Gilchrist used to bat. He' surprised us all because we thought he was just a gifted slogger who'd make our LOI teams only but it's test cricket where he's shined. I think a lot of these guys like Sehwag, Warner, Pant are much more at ease in test cricket where they showcase their striking ability because they're not mindless sloggers but thinking strikers.

With maturity he should become a responsible LOI batter.

And yes it is his keeping where he needs to work very very hard at. Dhoni has set huge standards as a keeper. Not easy filling those gloves. Everytime he makes an error the crowd chants Dhoni Dhoni Dhoni. The pressure on this lad is immense but it is pressure that gets the best out of you.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Hahaha! Pant is an IPL bully! This hack is not even fit to tie the shoelaces of Dinesh Karthik and you are talking about Dhoni! Funny! Let him play atleast one impactful knock in LOIs for the national side before hyping him to the moon!
    This "IPL hack" has only played 4-5 ODIs and 10-15 T20Is. Give him a consistent run, and he will fly and so will India. He is a breathtaking talent and India are extremely lucky to have him.

Easily the best WK batsman to emerge out of Asia since Dhoni in 2004/05.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    This "IPL hack" has only played 4-5 ODIs and 10-15 T20Is. Give him a consistent run, and he will fly and so will India. He is a breathtaking talent and India are extremely lucky to have him.

Easily the best WK batsman to emerge out of Asia since Dhoni in 2004/05.
    I don't think you've watched him WK to even make that statement. He's a fantastic batsmen but his wicketkeeping is his weakness.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rishabh Pant more like Pishabh Pant amirite guys.

Jokes aside, his batting is incredible and really fun to watch. Reminds me of Gilchrist a bit. Wicket-keeping is only going to get better as well. Great future star for India

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I don't think you've watched him WK to even make that statement. He's a fantastic batsmen but his wicketkeeping is his weakness.
    His keeping is not great at the moment, but post Gilchrist, great WKs with little ability with the bat have been rendered useless. P. Jayawardene and Saha are probably the two best Asian keepers in the decade or so, but their poor batting made their keeping rather pointless.

In the modern era, a WK batsman is pretty much solely judged on his batting. Occasional mistakes behind the stumps can are acceptable to most teams as long as he is scoring the runs. This is the same reason why India shunned a brilliant keeper like Saha.

I would argue that even a serial dropper like Kamran would have been invaluable for Pakistan if he wasn't so wildly inconsistent with the bat. As an overall package, there hasn't been a better Asian WK batsman than Pant since Dhoni.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His haters as those who couldn't judge talent if it danced nude in front of them anyway No need to take them seriously

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    His keeping is not great at the moment, but post Gilchrist, great WKs with little ability with the bat have been rendered useless. P. Jayawardene and Saha are probably the two best Asian keepers in the decade or so, but their poor batting made their keeping rather pointless.

In the modern era, a WK batsman is pretty much solely judged on his batting. Occasional mistakes behind the stumps can are acceptable to most teams as long as he is scoring the runs. This is the same reason why India shunned a brilliant keeper like Saha.

I would argue that even a serial dropper like Kamran would have been invaluable for Pakistan if he wasn't so wildly inconsistent with the bat. As an overall package, there hasn't been a better Asian WK batsman than Pant since Dhoni.
    That's fine but to state he's easily the best WK batsman to emerge out of Asia since Dhoni in 2004/05 is overstating it a tad. He's the most watchable batsmen I've witnessed was years but I wouldn't say the same about his keeping abilities, yet.

He can only get better behind the stumps but until then he's a very good batsmen that can keep wicket.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think both set of fans need to calm down. Pant is no re-incarnation of Gilchrist. At the same token he is no tulley-baaz unlike few naysayers want us to believe. Why cant we let him play 30 odd ODIs and then judge?

This thread gets bumped bcoz of a perennial loser who has issues with all young Indian players

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    I think both set of fans need to calm down. Pant is no re-incarnation of Gilchrist. At the same token he is no tulley-baaz unlike few naysayers want us to believe. Why cant we let him play 30 odd ODIs and then judge?

This thread gets bumped bcoz of a perennial loser who has issues with all young Indian players
    Threads get bumped if your do well/bad with the bat or ball. It's the reactionary era we live in.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To me Pant at this stage in his career is like Dickwella. Probably better range of shots and more attacking.

Pant needs a full season under him to shine. He is too impatient to have consistency at this point. He will learn it as time goes by. Needless to say, he will be on the plane to England for WC 2019. The other options are too poor.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Delhi Capitals (DC) head coach Ricky Ponting on Thursday said Rishabh Pant needs to play more responsibly and not throw his wicket away when the team needs him at crucial junctures.

Wicketkeeper-batsman Pant, who is hopeful of a India World Cup berth, has been guilty of not finishing off games for his side as Delhi have slumped to three defeats so far from six games.

While the 21-year-old helped the capital side win their opening fixture against Mumbai Indians by smashing a whirlwind 27-ball 78 not out, Pant has been off colour after that with scores of 25, 11, 39, 5 and 18.

“He has to understand that we need him batting in the last four overs of every game we play,” Ponting told reporters on the eve of their Indian Premier League game against Kolkata Knight Riders at the Eden Gardens.

“So far the difference has been in some of the close games that we have played, our best batsmen haven’t been in at the back end of the innings and that’s what we need and certainly what we expect from our better players,” the decorated former Australia skipper said

“I am not going to tell him to slow down and settle down because I know if he plays his best he wins games for us.

“I want him to go out there with pure freedom and with no other thought in the back of his head other than trying to hit the ball for six,” Ponting stated.

The 44-year-old opined that the competitor in Pant sometimes gets the better of him in white ball cricket where he seems to run out of patience.

“The thing you have to think about Rishabh in white ball cricket is he is such a competitor that sometimes that just gets to a little bit of the better of him you know, he wants to get things done quickly in the white ball game. In the he Test matches, he doesn’t quite do it so much.

“I mean, we know he can score quickly, but there’s not as much pressure on the score could be in a Test matches there, isn’t it?”

Speaking about the other youngster, Prithvi Shaw, Ponting said if the Under-19 World Cup winning captain continues in the same vein, he can finish as one of the leading run-getters in the tournament.

“I have seen him develop as a player. We took a bit of a punt on him in last year’s auction as a young guy that hadn’t played any T20 cricket. From the moment I saw him at trials, you just saw he was ready to play. He has shown that in the games that he played last year. He has shown glimpses of his brilliance so far in this tournament.

“If he keeps improving I’m sure he’ll be one of the leading run scorers come end of this tournament, Ponting said.

Shaw is 16th in the list of leading scorers so far with 169 runs from six games.

Talking about the KKR game, Ponting hinted Delhi might play all four pacers on a pitch that has a tinge of grass.

Kagiso Rabada is the leading wicket taker so far in the IPL and with him Delhi have the likes of Ishant Sharma, Chris Morris and Trent Boult.

“To have KG in our side is awesome. He’s very intelligent. He’s got great skills,” Ponting said of Rabada.

Ponting also lauded his young captain Shreyas Iyer.

“He’s a very determined young man. He’s developing his leadership all the time. It’s a high pressure environment that he’s working in. The IPL is a difficult place to play. He’s doing a great job. I love working with him.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...ponting-827556

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    India have chosen wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik instead of Rishabh Pant in their squad for the World Cup.

Pant, 21, is one of India's emerging talents but the selectors have opted for 33-year-old Karthik's experience.

Virak Kohli will captain the side, and the 15-man squad also includes ex-skipper MS Dhoni, Rohit Sharma, Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul.

"We've seen Karthik finishing matches under pressure," said chief selector MSK Prasad.

"Pant is full of talent. He has time on his hands."

Pant played the last two one-day internationals of a recent 3-2 series defeat at home by Australia, both of which India lost.

All-rounder Vijay Shankar has also been picked, with Ambati Rayudu being left out.

"What Vijay Shankar offers is three dimensional," Prasad said. "Apart from his batting, he can bowl and he's a fantastic fielder. We are looking at him as number four."

The tournament, in England and Wales, will run from 30 May to 14 July.

India's campaign begins against South Africa on 5 June at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/47932335

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's going to play a huge role in the 2023 WC

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    He's going to play a huge role in the 2023 WC
    For that Dhoni has to retire first.

I see MSD playing well into 2020/2021 or further. Pant can wait till 2027.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His time will come. Excellent player.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

India made the wrong choice, says Ricky Ponting on Rishabh Pant’s World Cup omission

Rishabh Pant gave another reminder to Indian cricket fans and team management of what they could be missing at the ICC World Cup as he bulldozed his way to an unbeaten 78 of just 36 balls to guide Delhi Capitals to victory against Rajasthan Royals on Monday night.

Pant was in rampaging form as he hit six boundaries and four sixes to help his team chase down a big target. After the match, DC head coach and former Australia captain Ricky Ponting said that India might have made a wrong choice by not including the youngster in their 15-member squad for the World Cup.

“I know how disappointed he was to miss out on the World Cup. In my opinion as well, I think India made the wrong choice there. I think he would have been absolutely devastating in English conditions through those middle over against spinners,” Ponting said while speaking to the official broadcasters.

Would have loved to see what he could have done in the World Cup. As I said at the time he was left out, he’s got the potential to play three or four more World Cups if he keeps himself fit and healthy.”

“Someone as explosive as Rishabh likes a bit more pace on the ball. And we saw that tonight. Once he gets those sort of wickets he’s lethal. He got a wicket like that in Mumbai and he hit 70-odd off 20-odd balls,” Ponting added.

Team mentor Sourav Ganguly also applauded Pant and said that talented players like him should not be asked to change their game.

“Players like Rishabh Pant are genuine match winners. You don’t want to tell them to change much. They might fail in four or five matches but on their day they can single handedly win you matches, that is why they are important,” the former India captain told the official broadcasters during a post-match chat.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...sBTt2IoiK.html

But then again.....our inhouse experts think otherwise
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 23rd April 2019 at 20:43.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with Ponting. Pant is perhaps the best hitter India have but instead they chose pick Karthik ahead of him much to my surprise.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant hasn't done anything of note in limited overs still I would take him in a heartbeat over DK.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    Pant hasn't done anything of note in limited overs still I would take him in a heartbeat over DK.
    How many chances he got in ODIs?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So even Ponting recognises his talent but there are some posters who think he is a hack and that too even after he scored two overseas centuries.
    Keyboard warriors for a reason

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Msd looked like a hack when he first entered international cricket.Sehwag,gilly,mcculum etc etc are players who never changed their batting style no matter what the conditions were and they retired as legends,but some experts only want to see textbook cricket.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    So even Ponting recognises his talent but there are some posters who think he is a hack and that too even after he scored two overseas centuries.
    Keyboard warriors for a reason
    It seems Ponting has something to do with Pant's IPL team? What is his role in IPL?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Msd looked like a hack when he first entered international cricket.Sehwag,gilly,mcculum etc etc are players who never changed their batting style no matter what the conditions were and they retired as legends,but some experts only want to see textbook cricket.
    Lol you are getting desperate now by bringing in Sehwag and Gilly. Just watch your IPL and leave international cricket for us(real cricket) fans

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    It seems Ponting has something to do with Pant's IPL team? What is his role in IPL?
    And you are absolutely it's not because Pant has any cricketing ability whatsoever?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    And you are absolutely it's not because Pant has any cricketing ability whatsoever?
    IPL season is on bro. Lots of players, coaches, experts are bought and sold there isn't it?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    IPL season is on bro. Lots of players, coaches, experts are bought and sold there isn't it?
    Players, coaches and experts are bought and sold in international cricket as well.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Players, coaches and experts are bought and sold in international cricket as well.
    I thought they worked for free out of love for wondering game of cricket and goodness of their heart in internationals? My innocent is ruined!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Really? I am sure you can share the link of an international players auction then?

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    I thought they worked for free out of love for wondering game of cricket and goodness of their heart in internationals? My innocent is ruined!
    Yeah they are bought and sold like cattles in international cricket. You are really ruined by IPL. Get well soon buddy.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Come on bro, I can understand if he doesn't make the XI but he should have made the cut ahead of DK for the squad.

Massive blunder by the Indian selectors, but other than that an good job done with the other names selected in the 15 man squad.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah they are bought and sold like cattles in international cricket. You are really ruined by IPL. Get well soon buddy.
    Yes they are and thank you for your continued support for my well being.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    How many chances he got in ODIs?
    Not many, he has immense potential but just too raw to be a part of the WC squad I guess. Again I would have loved to see him in the line-up in place of DK.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Eat
    Sleep
    Pant hack, pandya hack, ipl is trash
    Repeat.

Algorithm for becoming a real cricket fan developed by our very own bhaagvirubhaag.
    Anyone who doesn't follow this is a pyjama league fan.
    Even sachin, kapil, dravid are not real cricket fans, only those who hate ipl are real fans.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Eat
    Sleep
    Repeat.

Algorithm for becoming a real cricket fan developed by our very own bhaagvirubhaag.
    Even sachin, kapil, dravid are not real cricket fans, only those who hate ipl are real fans.
    Don't let anyone tell what kind of cricket fan you are Jeetesh. Enjoy your cricket whatever way you want. I'm with you.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amit View Post
    replace MS Dhoni who will most likely retire in 2017
    Haha, good one

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    For that Dhoni has to retire first.

I see MSD playing well into 2020/2021 or further. Pant can wait till 2027.
    I guess Dhoni will play 2023 WC (given that its in India! He may wish a legendary send-off at home!). He will silently delay his retirement for 1 or 2 years, and then suddenly people will start telling he is required for 2023 also. Kohli will continue to seek his guidance (continue to remain clueless as captain + RCB nightmares!), and that will continue to be a valid reason! Another help he will get is from CSK. CSK will continue to stack their team with big fishes & other plannings so that they will continue to win and the credit will go to Dhoni (who also will relish on the IPL teams which consists of loopholes as you can't have 8*11=88 high quality players in all the teams!) And even the coming world cup is organized just suiting Dhoni's style (IPL style) with long league stage where he can get plenty of matches against low-ranked teams to boost his stats, and so easily he can give "one off day" excuse for Semis/Finals or may take the credit for himself (the guidance factor) if India goes on to win somehow, even without his personal contribution!

So there is every chance that Dhoni continues further (may also display his super-fitness, continue sharp-stumpings - he probably wears some good contact lenses to keep his vision clear, I see him broadening his eyes so many times!)

Dhoni probably is eyeing on to become longest ever (in terms of age) cricketer to play the game!

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Whatever people Pant is not ready for this world cup.. he has to mature little bit more..

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India don't have any player at number 4or 5,so Pant don't have to play in Dhoni position, he can easily play as a batsman.
    Another thing many are missing that every team is having wrist spinner, so having a leftie batsman like Pant who plays spinner well can really help India

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Eat
    Sleep
    Repeat.

lol don't throw stuff at others if you can't take it back. Bottomline is Pant is not selected for the World Cup. His only chance of getting selected is if one out of the two real wicketkeeper batsmen gets injured. Just wait for 3 months his time will come. Till then you can keep crying.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Whatever people Pant is not ready for this world cup.. he has to mature little bit more..
    Whoever is outside always looks better than the ones selected to play for India. Pant did play like a hack when he got his chances in ODI's. He will be selected to play for India because there are not many options after Dhoni and Karthik. His keeping is not that great either. And lol at those who think he can play as a specialist batsman alone. Who will field for him? The guy looks like Junior Mohammed Shahzad of Afghanistan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pointing doesn't need to suck up to anyone to get a IPL contract. He has won the IPL so teams will want his experience anyway. Also he is 1 of the greatest batters ever , if he wants to coach in the IPL teams will be queueing for his signature.

Show me proof where a franchise in T20 league has signed a player or coach because of nice things they said ? How do you even know franchises read such comments?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Pointing doesn't need to suck up to anyone to get a IPL contract. He has won the IPL so teams will want his experience anyway. Also he is 1 of the greatest batters ever , if he wants to coach in the IPL teams will be queueing for his signature.

Show me proof where a franchise in T20 league has signed a player or coach because of nice things they said ? How do you even know franchises read such comments?
    All good things said about IPL are due to money.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    IPL has paid me money to say good things about it. #exoped #kanpirasy #breaking

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Pant is talented but India are trying to fit him into a role he is not a natural fit. He is not a finisher and can never be. He can be a floater in the batting order or needs to bat at the top of the order. He is not the peak Dhoni. He will be great at the top of the order where he can just play freely.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant is young and does not have enough exposure to international cricket. However, I am sure he will replace MSD as India's wicket-keeper post the WC 2019. Too good not to.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Needs to perform in List A cricket first

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    Needs to perform in List A cricket first
    Only List A cricket he will have time to play now will be ODI's.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only List A cricket he will have time to play now will be ODI's.
    Will be a failure.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    Will be a failure.
    Maybe. But next WC is 4 years away. We will find someone new if he fails.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Yeah just like every criticism about IPL is due to jealousy and money right?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul should focus on becoming a wicketkeeper batsman just like Rahul Dravid did.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul should focus on becoming a wicketkeeper batsman just like Rahul Dravid did.
    Let him learn batting first.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    +1

There’s loads of time to find a settled odi keeper post Dhoni.

India play 20-25 ODIs a year. After the WC, once Dhoni has retired and Karthik, Parthiv etc are forgotten about, they can easily give Pant, Samson, Ishan Kishan, Rahul and whoever else 10-15 consecutive ODIs at a time to show what they can do and in ~2 years you’ll know which one has any chance of becoming a permanent fixture in the odi side.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rahul Dravid was a makeshift arrangement!

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pant added to the World Cup squad as a replacement of Dhawan

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stage is set for him. He could be the missing element that Idia needs to neutralize tournament favorites - Eng - in a batting slugfest!

I see one of Jadhav / Shankar making way for him in the XI. It all comes down to who among the two we trust more to bail us out in a case of a early collapse? Other wise the team is pretty set in terms of big hitting ability.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He might be but India are the next big losers to keep this guy out of the playing XI

Having Shankar, Jadhav ahead of him is a disgrace

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rishabh pant should get a game against England.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Finally he gets a chance in the WC.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His bat went further than the ball there....

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Finally he gets a chance in the WC.
    Can’t say he made most of it...

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment, he bats like a complete hack and is good only for T20s.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    At the moment, he bats like a complete hack and is good only for T20s.
    What? Now wait for his fans who will remind you of his centuries in England and Australia.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Can’t say he made most of it...
    He played exactly like that in our series against West Indies at home and was rightly dropped. But you also know that players who are out of the team are better than those in the team thats why he was selected again.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    32 runs off 29 balls. Woakes took a great catch. Hack or not he will score runs and that's what matters

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Given that this is his first match he was okay. Yes he might look ungainly. But he has a good technique. He will get better.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Seemed like the next big hack today.... however, he did genuinely try to win you can't say the same for some of his other teammates. Good effort for a first WC match.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderreddy View Post
    32 runs off 29 balls. Woakes took a great catch. Hack or not he will score runs and that's what matters
    This! At least HE TRIED!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Seemed like the next big hack today.... however, he did genuinely try to win you can't say the same for some of his other teammates. Good effort for a first WC match.
    Delhi players try to win. No new. Let me list the delhi guys

1) Mohinder Amarnath 1983 world cup final MOM
    2) Gambhir (world T20 final 75, world cup 2011 97)
    3) CT 2013 final (Virat Kohli man of the match)

Dhawan, Sehwag, Kohli now Pant all these Delhi guys are up for a fight. They don't step backward.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Same people who wrote Pandya off, will write Pant off and he will make these people look stupid. What a talent this guy is.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He played exactly like that in our series against West Indies at home and was rightly dropped. But you also know that players who are out of the team are better than those in the team thats why he was selected again.
    Your hate list players Pandya, Pant... actually did well in the match! (Only Rahul failed and even we have agreed that he has to get out of this team! We have given up on him!) But you can definitely continue your scrutiny and elite standards! I am sure you want Dhoni to play till another world cup!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rishabh pant is the new coming of yuvraj singh in lois.
    Yuvraj averaged in 20s after 30-40 match, kohli will support pant for sure.
    He is more atleast 10 yimes more talented than dk and shankar.
    But yes we shouldn't count shankar out, the guy has good Temperament and can make a good comeback.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant was heard on the stump mic saying "Darr lag raha hai" to Pandya while batting.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    Pant was heard on the stump mic saying "Darr lag raha hai" to Pandya while batting.
    Lol why? He face similar bowlers in IPL, but maybe because the ball is bouncing more in UK?

And Shoaib Akhtar was probably right when he named which batsmen were scared of facing him

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    R u sure ? Isn't it "andar lag Raha hai"

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Absolute rubbish. That's something only the likes of Vijay Shankar can say.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol why? He face similar bowlers in IPL, but maybe because the ball is bouncing more in UK?

And Shoaib Akhtar was probably right when he named which batsmen were scared of facing him
    You're wrong. Actually Akram said multiple times that it was Shoaib Akhtar who pleaded to be spared from bowling to SRT in WC2003.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He scored a 150 in Aus against Starc and Cummins. He is not troubled by bounce.

Shoaib Akthar says a lot of things. Only fools believe what he says

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    You're wrong. Actually Akram said multiple times that it was Shoaib Akhtar who pleaded to be spared from bowling to SRT in WC2003.
    "Phainta" lagaya Sachin ne poora Pakistan ki us din