Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The biggest sign of Day of Resurrection in my opinion. Tangerine Trump become the U.S. President is only the sign of things to come.
    Yea I think there is a hadith on this: " Power and authority will be given to wrong people." [Bukhari]

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    If you noticed he won only the White vote. It's White Christians vs the rest of America.
    He didn't win the popular vote yet!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Can I just say to the few pro-Trump Indians on here:

Look at the people celebrating this victory. David Duke, the KKK, Ann Coulter, Breitbart, Drudge Report.

Do you think THESE guys will differentiate between ethnic minorities ?! Ann Coulter is someone who openly calls for the "de-browning of America" !

Don't think you're safe from the ire of the white racist.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Springdale
    Runs
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm heartbroken by the outcome of this election. I find it difficult to understand how or why America would vote for a future built on fear, hatred, exclusion and above all-ignorance. Let us not forget our core values and things that truly make a country great: love, compassion, empathy and friendship. Furthermore, have the courage to stand up to your friends. Stop laughing at sexist, racist, and homophobic jokes, acknowledge that what was said is not okay. Our society needs to stop normalizing these kinds of remarks, because a presidential candidate should never be allowed to make them, let alone be voted into office.

I don't want nobody around me that I have to question.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Springdale
    Runs
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fun fact : Hillary had the popular vote. The electoral voting system needs to be changed.

I don't want nobody around me that I have to question.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Fun fact : Hillary had the popular vote. The electoral voting system needs to be changed.
    It's because it doesn't matter whether you get 60% of the votes in California or 90% of the votes in California. Only the swing states matter and they represent a tiny portion of the American electorate. FPTP+2 party system+Presidential system.

"Uss Din Eid Mubarak Hossi Jiss Din Fer Milan Day"

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

World leaders react to Donald Trump winning the election

Leaders and officials across the world reacted with shock, hope and congratulations, as Donald Trump confounded polls and surged to victory over Hillary Clinton in the U.S. presidential elections early on Wednesday morning.

“I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be president for all Americans,” Trump said in his victory speech.

Mexico

Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto tweeted his congratulations to Trump in a string of posts. “Mexico and the U.S. are friends, partners and allies who should continue working for the competitiveness and the development of North America,” he wrote.

Follow
    Enrique Peña Nieto ✔ @EPN
    Felicito a EUA por su proceso electoral y le reitero a @realDonaldTrump la disposición de trabajar juntos en favor de la relación bilateral.
    4:30 PM - 9 Nov 2016
    1,785 1,785 Retweets 1,550 1,550 likes
    “I am confident that Mexico and the United States will continue to tighten its ties of cooperation and mutual respect,” he added.

Turkey

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said he hopes Trump’s election marks a new era in the U.S. that he hopes will lead to “beneficial” steps for fundamental rights, liberties and democracy in the world, the Associated Press reports.

Addressing a business group in Istanbul on Wednesday, Erdogan told the crowd that he hopes the result will be auspicious for the region. “Personally and on behalf of the nation, I wish to consider this decision by the American people a positive sign and wish them a successful future,” he said.

Italy

Italy’s Premier Matteo Renzi offered his congratulations to Trump, brushing aside political differences following his repeated public endorsements of Hillary Clinton.

“In the name of Italy, I congratulate the president of the United States and wish him well in his work, convinced that the Italian-American friendship remains strong and solid,” he said, at the start of a speech in Rome.

China

Chinese President Xi Jinping phoned Trump to congratulate him on winning the U.S. presidency, state TV reported Wednesday. “I place great importance on the China-U.S. relationship, and look forward to working with you to uphold the principles of non-conflict, non-confrontation, mutual respect and win-win cooperation,” Jinping said, according to Fortune.

Afghanistan

The former President of Afghanistan, Hamid Karzai, tweeted his congratulations to Trump and wished him “all the success”.

Follow
    Hamid Karzai ✔ @KarzaiH
    Respect the will of the American people, Congratulating and wishing President-elect, @realDonaldTrump , all the success.
    3:23 PM - 9 Nov 2016
    13 13 Retweets 32 32 likes
    Russia

In Russia, President Vladimir Putin reportedly offered Trump his congratulations, and “expressed confidence that the dialogue between Moscow and Washington, in keeping with each other’s views, meets the interests of both Russia and the U.S.,” Russia Today reported.

“(Trump) spoke about resuming and restoring relations with Russia,” Putin said, according to CNN. “We understand the way to that will be difficult, taking into account the current state of degradation of relations between the US and Russia…. Russia is ready and wants to restore the fully fledged relations with the US.”

Poland

Marek Magierowski, a spokesman for the Polish president, said Poland cares a lot about whether Trump will implement NATO decisions to deploy military deterrence forces in Poland and the Baltic states, the Associated Press reported.

Magierowski told the state’s Radio 1 that it is a priority for Poland to see the implementation of NATO’s decision to have a base for battalions in the region, including a U.S. armored brigade to be stationed in Poland, and also the construction of a U.S. missile defense base.

Rwanda

The Republic of Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame congratulated Trump on his “well earned victory,” adding he was looking forward to a continued good relationship with the U.S.

Follow
    Paul Kagame ✔ @PaulKagame
    Congratulations to @realDonaldTrump for a well earned victory.Looking fwd to continued good relationship w/ United States&new administration
    2:52 PM - 9 Nov 2016
    667 667 Retweets 787 787 likes
    Israel

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu congratulated Trump on being elected the United States’ 45th President. “President-elect Trump is a true friend of the State of Israel,” Netanyahu said. “I look forward to working with him to advance security, stability and peace in our region.”

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter
    Follow
    Benjamin Netanyahu ✔ @netanyahu
    I congratulate Donald Trump on being elected the 45th President of the United States of America.
    2:22 PM - 9 Nov 2016
    3,423 3,423 Retweets 5,787 5,787 likes
    Germany

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has offered Trump “close cooperation” on the basis of shared trans-Atlantic values that she says include respect for human dignity regardless of people’s origin, gender or religion.

She told reporters in Berlin on Wednesday that the campaign which ended in Trump’s victory featured “confrontations that were difficult to bear,” the Associated Press reports. She described Germany’s partnership with the U.S. as “a foundation stone of German foreign policy.”

German Justice Minister Heiko Maas tweeted, ‘The world won’t end, but things will get more crazy,” while his colleague, Defence Minister Usula von der Leyen, told Reuters the result was a “huge shock” and asked Trump for clarification on whether the U.S. would remain committed to NATO.

Follow
    Heiko Maas ✔ @HeikoMaas
    Die Welt wird nicht untergehen, sie wird nur noch verrückter. (hm)
    11:10 AM - 9 Nov 2016
    215 215 Retweets 373 373 likes
    The European Council

President of the European Council, Donald Tusk, tweeted a letter of congratulations to Trump, inviting him for an early summit to chart E.U.-U.S. relations.

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter
    Follow
    Donald Tusk ✔ @eucopresident
    Letter to congratulate @realDonaldTrump & an invite to Europe for early summit to chart EU-US relations next 4 years http://ow.ly/Q4Iw305ZV6A
    12:04 PM - 9 Nov 2016 · Brussels, Belgium, Belgium
    546 546 Retweets 339 339 likes
    France

In France, the leader of the far-right Front National party, Marine Le Pen — who hopes to emulate Trump’s populist victory in France’s April-May presidential elections — congratulated Trump, and the “American people, free!”

Follow
    Marine Le Pen ✔ @MLP_officiel
    Félicitations au nouveau président des Etats-Unis Donald Trump et au peuple américain, libre ! MLP
    9:20 AM - 9 Nov 2016
    11,162 11,162 Retweets 8,983 8,983 likes
    French President Francois Hollande said Trump’s victory marks the start of “a period of uncertainty.” “This new context requires that France be strong,” he said, in a televised address. “What is at stake is peace, the fight against terrorism, the Middle East and the preservation of the planet.”

Follow
    François Hollande ✔ @fhollande
    Je viens de m'exprimer au sujet de l'élection présidentielle américaine.
    2:02 PM - 9 Nov 2016
    2,048 2,048 Retweets 2,245 2,245 likes
    The United Kingdom

The U.K.’s new Prime Minister Theresa May said she looked forward to working with Trump, saying “We are, and will remain strong and close partners on trade, security and defense.”

Follow
    Theresa May ✔ @Theresa_may
    I would like to congratulate Donald Trump on being elected the next President of the United States. Full statement: https://www.facebook.com/TheresaMayO...85243638159071
    1:15 PM - 9 Nov 2016
    1,267 1,267 Retweets 2,043 2,043 likes
    Meanwhile Brexiter Nigel Farage — who endorsed Trump on the campaign trail — said he was handing his “mantle” to the President-elect.

Follow
    Nigel Farage ✔ @Nigel_Farage
    I hand over the mantle to @RealDonaldTrump! Many congratulations. You have fought a brave campaign.
    10:45 AM - 9 Nov 2016
    5,296 5,296 Retweets 9,403 9,403 likes
    Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon released released a statement that said while the election did not have the outcome she hoped for, “it is the verdict of the American people and we must respect it”.

“We value our relationship with the United States and its people,” she added. “The ties that bind Scotland and the U.S. – of family, culture and business – are deep and longstanding and they will always endure.” Sturgeon then tweeted a message to Clinton, thanking her for her candidacy, which she described as “a milestone for women”.

Follow
    Nicola Sturgeon ✔ @NicolaSturgeon
    Amidst all the criticism of her, I want to say, as a woman, simply this: thank you @HillaryClinton. Your candidacy was a milestone for women
    3:14 PM - 9 Nov 2016
    1,727 1,727 Retweets 4,333 4,333 likes
    Australia

Malcolm Turnbull, Australia’s Prime Minister took to Twitter to convey hopes of a good working relationship with the U.S.

Follow
    Malcolm Turnbull ✔ @TurnbullMalcolm
    The Aus Gvt congratulates President Elect Trump. With our shared, enduring national interests, our relationship will continue to be strong.
    11:47 AM - 9 Nov 2016
    300 300 Retweets 421 421 likes
    India

India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi thanked Trump for “the friendship [he] articulated towards India” during his campaign.

Follow
    Narendra Modi ✔ @Narendramodi
    We appreciate the friendship you have articulated towards India during your campaign, @realDonaldTrump.
    11:39 AM - 9 Nov 2016
    8,710 8,710 Retweets 20,444 20,444 likes
    Singapore

Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong congratulated Donald Trump on winning the US Presidential Election, saying that his victory has “defied expectations”.

“Congratulations to President-Elect Donald Trump! His candidacy took many by surprise. At each stage he defied expectations, and his journey has ultimately taken him to the White House,” he wrote, in a Facebook post. “It has been a contentious, ugly election season, that has exposed a bitter divide in the American people. Many will celebrate this result, while others will understandably be surprised and disappointed.”

Lee compared Trump’s victory to the U.K.’s Brexit referendum. “But like the Brexit referendum in June, Mr Trump’s victory is part of a broader pattern in developed countries – reflecting a deep frustration with the way things are, and a strong wish to reassert a sense of identity, and somehow to change the status quo,” he added.

Follow
    Lee Hsien Loong ✔ @leehsienloong
    Congratulations to President-Elect Donald Trump. SG will strive to keep working together with US. – LHL http://bit.ly/2eCsxa6
    11:02 AM - 9 Nov 2016
    1,409 1,409 Retweets 971 971 likes
    The Philippines

And in Southeast Asia, there were congratulations from the offices of the Burmese president and the office of Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, which released a statement saying the Philippines looked forward to enhanced relations with the U.S. anchored on “mutual respect.”

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter
    Follow
    Hnin Yadana Zaw @hninyadanazaw
    #myanmar president office spokesman just congratulated #Trump for election results while the final results hasn't come out yet.
    10:10 AM - 9 Nov 2016 · Myanmar, Myanmar
    2 2 Retweets 2 2 likes
    View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter
    Follow
    Willard Cheng @Willardcheng
    President Duterte congratulates Donald Trump
    10:53 AM - 9 Nov 2016
    75 75 Retweets 94 94 likes
    Thailand

And Thai junta leader Prayuth Chan-ocha said Thailand would “cherish” its ties with the U.S., saying, “We have to be prepared and adjust ourselves to change. We have to be on the offensive and apply a balanced foreign policy with every country in the world that is our trade or dialogue partner,” according to the Bangkok Post.
    Last edited by MenInG; 9th November 2016 at 13:10.

"Uss Din Eid Mubarak Hossi Jiss Din Fer Milan Day"

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trump and Modi will gel well together. Two peas of one pod.

Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Leaders and officials across the world reacted with shock, hope and congratulations, as Donald Trump confounded polls and surged to victory over Hillary Clinton in the U.S. presidential elections early on Wednesday morning.

“I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be president for all Americans,” Trump said in his victory speech.

Mexico

Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto tweeted his congratulations to Trump in a string of posts. “Mexico and the U.S. are friends, partners and allies who should continue working for the competitiveness and the development of North America,” he wrote.

Enrique Peña Nieto ✔ @EPN
    Felicito a EUA por su proceso electoral y le reitero a @realDonaldTrump la disposición de trabajar juntos en favor de la relación bilateral.

“I am confident that Mexico and the United States will continue to tighten its ties of cooperation and mutual respect,” he added.

Turkey

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said he hopes Trump’s election marks a new era in the U.S. that he hopes will lead to “beneficial” steps for fundamental rights, liberties and democracy in the world, the Associated Press reports.

Addressing a business group in Istanbul on Wednesday, Erdogan told the crowd that he hopes the result will be auspicious for the region. “Personally and on behalf of the nation, I wish to consider this decision by the American people a positive sign and wish them a successful future,” he said.

Italy

Italy’s Premier Matteo Renzi offered his congratulations to Trump, brushing aside political differences following his repeated public endorsements of Hillary Clinton.

“In the name of Italy, I congratulate the president of the United States and wish him well in his work, convinced that the Italian-American friendship remains strong and solid,” he said, at the start of a speech in Rome.

China

Chinese President Xi Jinping phoned Trump to congratulate him on winning the U.S. presidency, state TV reported Wednesday. “I place great importance on the China-U.S. relationship, and look forward to working with you to uphold the principles of non-conflict, non-confrontation, mutual respect and win-win cooperation,” Jinping said, according to Fortune.

Afghanistan

The former President of Afghanistan, Hamid Karzai, tweeted his congratulations to Trump and wished him “all the success”.

Hamid Karzai ✔ @KarzaiH
    Respect the will of the American people, Congratulating and wishing President-elect, @realDonaldTrump , all the success.
    3:23 PM - 9 Nov 2016

Russia

In Russia, President Vladimir Putin reportedly offered Trump his congratulations, and “expressed confidence that the dialogue between Moscow and Washington, in keeping with each other’s views, meets the interests of both Russia and the U.S.,” Russia Today reported.

“(Trump) spoke about resuming and restoring relations with Russia,” Putin said, according to CNN. “We understand the way to that will be difficult, taking into account the current state of degradation of relations between the US and Russia…. Russia is ready and wants to restore the fully fledged relations with the US.”

Poland

Marek Magierowski, a spokesman for the Polish president, said Poland cares a lot about whether Trump will implement NATO decisions to deploy military deterrence forces in Poland and the Baltic states, the Associated Press reported.

Magierowski told the state’s Radio 1 that it is a priority for Poland to see the implementation of NATO’s decision to have a base for battalions in the region, including a U.S. armored brigade to be stationed in Poland, and also the construction of a U.S. missile defense base.

Rwanda

The Republic of Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame congratulated Trump on his “well earned victory,” adding he was looking forward to a continued good relationship with the U.S.

Paul Kagame ✔ @PaulKagame
    Congratulations to @realDonaldTrump for a well earned victory.Looking fwd to continued good relationship w/ United States&new administration

Israel

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu congratulated Trump on being elected the United States’ 45th President. “President-elect Trump is a true friend of the State of Israel,” Netanyahu said. “I look forward to working with him to advance security, stability and peace in our region.”

Benjamin Netanyahu ✔ @netanyahu
    I congratulate Donald Trump on being elected the 45th President of the United States of America.
    2:22 PM - 9 Nov 2016

Germany

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has offered Trump “close cooperation” on the basis of shared trans-Atlantic values that she says include respect for human dignity regardless of people’s origin, gender or religion.

She told reporters in Berlin on Wednesday that the campaign which ended in Trump’s victory featured “confrontations that were difficult to bear,” the Associated Press reports. She described Germany’s partnership with the U.S. as “a foundation stone of German foreign policy.”

German Justice Minister Heiko Maas tweeted, ‘The world won’t end, but things will get more crazy,” while his colleague, Defence Minister Usula von der Leyen, told Reuters the result was a “huge shock” and asked Trump for clarification on whether the U.S. would remain committed to NATO.

Heiko Maas ✔ @HeikoMaas
    Die Welt wird nicht untergehen, sie wird nur noch verrückter. (hm)
    11:10 AM - 9 Nov 2016
    215 215 Retweets 373 373 likes

The European Council

President of the European Council, Donald Tusk, tweeted a letter of congratulations to Trump, inviting him for an early summit to chart E.U.-U.S. relations.

France

In France, the leader of the far-right Front National party, Marine Le Pen — who hopes to emulate Trump’s populist victory in France’s April-May presidential elections — congratulated Trump, and the “American people, free!”

Marine Le Pen ✔ @MLP_officiel
    Félicitations au nouveau président des Etats-Unis Donald Trump et au peuple américain, libre ! MLP
    9:20 AM - 9 Nov 2016

French President Francois Hollande said Trump’s victory marks the start of “a period of uncertainty.” “This new context requires that France be strong,” he said, in a televised address. “What is at stake is peace, the fight against terrorism, the Middle East and the preservation of the planet.”

François Hollande ✔ @fhollande
    Je viens de m'exprimer au sujet de l'élection présidentielle américaine.

The United Kingdom

The U.K.’s new Prime Minister Theresa May said she looked forward to working with Trump, saying “We are, and will remain strong and close partners on trade, security and defense.”

Theresa May ✔ @Theresa_may
    I would like to congratulate Donald Trump on being elected the next President of the United States. Full statement: https://www.facebook.com/TheresaMayO...85243638159071

Meanwhile Brexiter Nigel Farage — who endorsed Trump on the campaign trail — said he was handing his “mantle” to the President-elect.

Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon released released a statement that said while the election did not have the outcome she hoped for, “it is the verdict of the American people and we must respect it”.

“We value our relationship with the United States and its people,” she added. “The ties that bind Scotland and the U.S. – of family, culture and business – are deep and longstanding and they will always endure.” Sturgeon then tweeted a message to Clinton, thanking her for her candidacy, which she described as “a milestone for women”.

Nicola Sturgeon ✔ @NicolaSturgeon
    Amidst all the criticism of her, I want to say, as a woman, simply this: thank you @HillaryClinton. Your candidacy was a milestone for women

Australia

Malcolm Turnbull, Australia’s Prime Minister took to Twitter to convey hopes of a good working relationship with the U.S.

Malcolm Turnbull ✔ @TurnbullMalcolm
    The Aus Gvt congratulates President Elect Trump. With our shared, enduring national interests, our relationship will continue to be strong.

India

India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi thanked Trump for “the friendship [he] articulated towards India” during his campaign.

We appreciate the friendship you have articulated towards India during your campaign, @realDonaldTrump.

Singapore

Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong congratulated Donald Trump on winning the US Presidential Election, saying that his victory has “defied expectations”.

“Congratulations to President-Elect Donald Trump! His candidacy took many by surprise. At each stage he defied expectations, and his journey has ultimately taken him to the White House,” he wrote, in a Facebook post. “It has been a contentious, ugly election season, that has exposed a bitter divide in the American people. Many will celebrate this result, while others will understandably be surprised and disappointed.”

Lee compared Trump’s victory to the U.K.’s Brexit referendum. “But like the Brexit referendum in June, Mr Trump’s victory is part of a broader pattern in developed countries – reflecting a deep frustration with the way things are, and a strong wish to reassert a sense of identity, and somehow to change the status quo,” he added.

Lee Hsien Loong ✔ @leehsienloong

Congratulations to President-Elect Donald Trump. SG will strive to keep working together with US. – LHL 11:02 AM - 9 Nov 2016

The Philippines

And in Southeast Asia, there were congratulations from the offices of the Burmese president and the office of Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, which released a statement saying the Philippines looked forward to enhanced relations with the U.S. anchored on “mutual respect.”

Thailand

And Thai junta leader Prayuth Chan-ocha said Thailand would “cherish” its ties with the U.S., saying, “We have to be prepared and adjust ourselves to change. We have to be on the offensive and apply a balanced foreign policy with every country in the world that is our trade or dialogue partner,” according to the Bangkok Post.

http://time.com/4563879/donald-trump...world-leaders/
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 9th November 2016 at 18:23.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all have no choice but to officially congratulate him.

However deep down only Putin and a few rogue states like North Korea will be happy with his appointment. Oh and a few coconuts.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Trump and Modi will gel well together. Two peas of one pod.
    Politicians like these will be seen as the icons of the 2010s, when the peoples of the world decided to go against the establishment (Kejriwal, Brexit are other examples of this phenomenon).

Beats having losers like Manmohan Singh and Hillary Clinton who will take the world nowhere.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Politicians like these will be seen as the icons of the 2010s, when the peoples of the world decided to go against the establishment (Kejriwal, Brexit are other examples of this phenomenon).

Beats having losers like Manmohan Singh and Hillary Clinton who will take the world nowhere.
    Going nowhere is better than exploring the depths of hell.

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who could look pass the dishonest media coverage knew this would happen as soon as Trump won the republican nomination. All you had to do was look at the success Sanders had against Clinton and it was clear no establishment candidate was winning this year. People are tired of being misled by polititians and Trump gave them a voice which many them never had.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Going nowhere is better than exploring the depths of hell.
    Arre baaba nothing will happen. Depths of hell lol.

Pop open a can of beer and enjoy what has been an eventful day.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm just glad I live north of the border

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Humaray Bhai Jan bhee bolay....

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday congratulated Donald Trump on his historic victory in the 2016 US Presidential elections.

“On behalf of the government and people of Pakistan, and on my own behalf, I wish to extend to you and the people of the United States, our most sincere felicitations on your election as the 45th president of the United States,” PM Nawaz said.

Defying all odds, Donald Trump becomes 45th president of the United States

Republican Donald Trump stunned the world by defeating heavily favored Hillary Clinton in Tuesday’s presidential election, ending eight years of Democratic rule and sending the United States on a new, uncertain path. A wealthy real-estate developer and former reality TV host, Trump rode a wave of anger toward Washington insiders to win the White House race against Clinton, the Democratic candidate whose gold-plated establishment resume includes stints as a first lady, US senator and secretary of state.

“Your election is indeed the triumph of the American people and their enduring faith in the ideals of democracy, freedom, human rights and free enterprise. Most importantly, your momentous success is a testimony to the confidence that the people of the United States have reposed in your leadership, vision and commitment to serve your great country,” the premier added.

“Over the past seven decades, Pakistan and the United States have enjoyed a strategic partnership, rooted in the shared ideals of freedom, democracy, mutual respect and commonality of interests. Our deep seated conviction that a strong partnership between the two countries remains critical to promoting and sustaining peace, security and stability in the wider region, continue to underpin the resilience in Pak-US ties.”

I wish to re-affirm my government’s commitment to further strengthening and deepening of our relations, in a manner truly reflective of the aspirations of our two nations. I am looking forward to closely working with you, to bring our two countries closer and making our partnership an important vehicle for the realisation of peace, security and prosperity in the region and beyond, he further added.

What impact will US elections have on Pakistan?

Though Trump is considered a great threat to the world, in terms of Pakistan’s concerns, no major policy shift is being expected as the United States has a strong institutional system, which cannot be influenced easily.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1225610/...-election-win/

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post

Look at the people celebrating this victory. David Duke, the KKK, Ann Coulter, Breitbart, Drudge Report.

Do you think THESE guys will differentiate between ethnic minorities ?! Ann Coulter is someone who openly calls for the "de-browning of America" !

Lol you are clutching to straws. Fact is many of the same white voters in battleground states gave Obama who campaigned on message of change two chances and he failed them miserably. They certaintly weren't falling for Hillary Clinton who is the defination of a sleazy polititian.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahKhan007 View Post
    Fact is many of the same white voters in battleground states gave Obama who campaigned on message of change two chances and he failed them miserably. They certaintly weren't falling for Hillary Clinton who is the defination of a sleazy polititian.
    Hey, I actually agree with that. Obama failed to deliver the systemic change he was given a mandate to deliver in 2008 and 2012. The corrupting influence of big money, lobbyists and donors still exists and he's made vast majority of Bush tax cuts permanent.

No way do I defend Obama or Clinton on that front. I understand people wanting to throw a grenade at the establishment and - hence my support of Sanders on this forum during the primary.

However you are dreaming if you think Trump will stand up to the donors and the special interests. What's he going to do about campaign finance or Citizens United ? What's he going to about healthcare and prescription drug prices ? What's he going to do about tax avoidance given HE'S PAID ZERO federal income taxes himself ?!

Nothing. I'll give him credit however, he's a smart operator - he knew his two biggest strengths were the white resentment card and the anti-establishment card - and he played those cards well enough to fool enough rubes like yourself to capture the White House.

As he said early on in his run for the presidency:

I want the establishment — look, I was part of the establishment. Let me explain. I was the establishment two months ago. I was like the fair-haired boy. I was a giver, a big giver. Once I decided to run, all of a sudden I’m sort of semi-anti-establishment.”

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    They all have no choice but to officially congratulate him.

However deep down only Putin and a few rogue states like North Korea will be happy with his appointment. Oh and a few coconuts.
    I don't like this term but its quite fitting because I'm honestly shocked at the amount of ethnic minorities including Indians on here so vocal in their apologies for Trump.

Do they think a racist, white Trump voter would differentiate between a Syrian and an Indian ? Or an Iraqi and a Turk ? No, they're all brown skinned in their eyes !

This vote was, yes a rejection of Hillary Clinton and the status quo, but VERY driven also by white racial resentment which has been proven by independent studies who've surveyed Trump supporters. Trump is using the same playbook as George Wallace did in the 1960s and 1970s.
    Last edited by Markhor; 9th November 2016 at 13:59.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trump garnered majority of the non-college educated population (AKA highschool grads or lower). Goes to show the kind of people Trump and his politics appeals to.

Welcome to a racist and xenophobic America. If your skin ain't white you ain't American.

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS] Donald Trump acceptance speech; Hillary Clinton's concession speech

Last edited by MenInG; 9th November 2016 at 15:41.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Didn't think I would ever say this, but the Muslim world is going to miss Obama.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Democrats have only themselves to blame.

They could have nominated a rock start candidate who had many people feeling the bern. People was passionate about Bernie. I have yet to meet someone that was passionate about Clinton. She just did not have the personality and fire.

Sanders would have cleaned house. He beat Clinton in Wisconsin and Michigan and that should have been a sign for the democrats to make him their candidate.

Sanders...2020 now!

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asifp View Post
    Democrats have only themselves to blame.

They could have nominated a rock start candidate who had many people feeling the bern. People was passionate about Bernie. I have yet to meet someone that was passionate about Clinton. She just did not have the personality and fire.

Sanders would have cleaned house. He beat Clinton in Wisconsin and Michigan and that should have been a sign for the democrats to make him their candidate.

Sanders...2020 now!
    Sanders may be too old then. She could have announced him as her potential vice president How do you not do that with the guy that made the youth care about elections ? She deserves to be shamed.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder if there is a case of criminal negligence, criminal misrepresentation by all the news channels, news papers. Almost all the statistics and pre polls had Clinton leading Trump by 5-8% especially in the last 2 months. It is natural for one party to relax and feel confident and even over confident of Victory.

This misrepresentation had severe implications for Clinton's campaigning strategy. I hope there are some massive lawsuits against these newspapers and news channels because this is just criminal fraud in my view.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This was an historic election that may reflect the emergency of new(or old) ideas and shift in direction of future vision of the world... Some of the big ideas that came about.

Globalization is not Working

One of the biggest message from both Brexit and Amexit is that developed world's working class has rejected Globalization in a big way. Working Class is insecure and not happy with Cheap labor of BRIC countries. Elites and business class has used cheap labor from EAST same way they used slave labor back in 1800s, trade deals, weak labor laws, currency devaluation, tax havens in less regulated countries, all that well and good for rich and growth of companies but he has not worked for working class... At places, it has manifested as racism, them Vs Us, but underline reasons are deeper than that and are tied to consistent Economic decline of working class. Manufacturing was first use case, they have voted against out sourcing of jobs and their economic ECO system, Software will be or was next in line, within a decade or so...Automation is/was the next wave of out sourcing in Software Industry that he scaring the crap out of well this Industry...

We can mark this year as the major trend against Globalization, countries will be lot more focus on fixing local issues, rather than spreading out and finding new markets, consolidation Vs Growth... Not so Ironically in US, Bernie Sandar has exactly same Appeal from far Left, so both far left and right wanted same thing, he was winning all those Rust belt states heavily from Clinton back in Spring, but Dems ignore the trend, now they will be kicking themselves for staying with the status Co, He would have won all those states easily for same reason Trump won in middle America... People have voted against Status Co and Globalization...

Racism is Distraction but equally Dangerous

Whenever you have economic uncertainties that manifests as people clinging to Faith based ideas like race and religion, sort of what happen when you feel helplessness. Those trends are dangerous distraction, we had seen back in 1930s, after math of global depression results in rise of Hitler and WW-2...If new economic alignments does not bear results in few years, the tension between the world will only increase and can be devastating...

Building Economy for Working Class is Complex

Task on hand is not that simple, bringing jobs to working class is a big ask, its lot more complex than seems at face value...Lot of manufacturing is automated or on that path, every time we ask machine to do something, they do so much better that we cannot compete and scale, taking them out of equation is lot harder.

Bringing back Manufacturing jobs is lot harder, hope is with money coming back to country(cutting down tax safe heavens) and getting rid of trade deals with BRIC will lead to lot more local investments in developed world that can lead to new economic growth engine and job markets, how that will pan out is not very clear....but one thing is clear no free ride for Elites of Wall Streets and big companies, that is the bright side of the whole story or hope people were sold on... This is also the after math of 2008 great recession

This is also Consolidation Vs Growth cycle from economic stand point of view. Focus will be on rebuilding the local economic rather than going global; laws, policies and trades will be devised to discourage globalization, again the hope is that this will drive economic growth in working class of first world... We have to see how this pans out, what kind of jobs that translate too is not clear, path is not sure shot, question is where we go if that does not work?? - We also have other challenges like Climate Change that can become critical issues in decade time frame, building on old is not an option, Danger is more infighting and uncertainty - Divide and difference between rich and poor countries can also cause further unrest at global, which again can be serious distraction while everybody tries to fix economy...
    Last edited by yasir; 9th November 2016 at 15:18.

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Ok now started...

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Didn't think I would ever say this, but the Muslim world is going to miss Obama.
    I thought he was responsible for the Civilian death tolls in Pakistan thanks to American Drone Strikes?

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Trump is the president the world needs but not the president that the world deserves.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm heartbroken by the outcome of this election. I find it difficult to understand how or why America would vote for a future built on fear, hatred, exclusion and above all-ignorance. Let us not forget our core values and things that truly make a country great: love, compassion, empathy and friendship. Furthermore, have the courage to stand up to your friends. Stop laughing at sexist, racist, and homophobic jokes, acknowledge that what was said is not okay. Our society needs to stop normalizing these kinds of remarks, because a presidential candidate should never be allowed to make them, let alone be voted into office.
    Canada might be next. The Alt Right is rising there too, check out Rebel media on youtube.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only the misinform will miss Obama. Obama and his administration have done nothing but expand the mess that Bush created.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Obama was bad, but if Trump puts his money where his orange mouth is, he will be a nightmare. Like others, he probably won't live up to his pre-election pledges and rhetoric, but one should always be prepared for the worst.

The people that I know in the U.S. are already feeling insecure. Quite a few of them have decided to come back to Pakistan, which is obviously a great thing.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    This was an historic election that may reflect the emergency of new(or old) ideas and shift in direction of future vision of the world... Some of the big ideas that came about.

Globalization is not Working

One of the biggest message from both Brexit and Amexit is that developed world's working class has rejected Globalization in a big way. Working Class is insecure and not happy with Cheap labor of BRIC countries. Elites and business class has used cheap labor from EAST same way they used slave labor back in 1800s, trade deals, weak labor laws, currency devaluation, tax havens in less regulated countries, all that well and good for rich and growth of companies but he has not worked for working class... At places, it has manifested as racism, them Vs Us, but underline reasons are deeper than that and are tied to consistent Economic decline of working class. Manufacturing was first use case, they have voted against out sourcing of jobs and their economic ECO system, Software will be or was next in line, within a decade or so...Automation is/was the next wave of out sourcing in Software Industry that he scaring the crap out of well this Industry...

We can mark this year as the major trend against Globalization, countries will be lot more focus on fixing local issues, rather than spreading out and finding new markets, consolidation Vs Growth... Not so Ironically in US, Bernie Sandar has exactly same Appeal from far Left, so both far left and right wanted same thing, he was winning all those Rust belt states heavily from Clinton back in Spring, but Dems ignore the trend, now they will be kicking themselves for staying with the status Co, He would have won all those states easily for same reason Trump won in middle America... People have voted against Status Co and Globalization...

Racism is Distraction but equally Dangerous

Whenever you have economic uncertainties that manifests as people clinging to Faith based ideas like race and religion, sort of what happen when you feel helplessness. Those trends are dangerous distraction, we had seen back in 1930s, after math of global depression results in rise of Hitler and WW-2...If new economic alignments does not bear results in few years, the tension between the world will only increase and can be devastating...

Building Economy for Working Class is Complex

Task on hand is not that simple, bringing jobs to working class is a big ask, its lot more complex than seems at face value...Lot of manufacturing is automated or on that path, every time we ask machine to do something, they do so much better that we cannot compete and scale, taking them out of equation is lot harder.

Bringing back Manufacturing jobs is lot harder, hope is with money coming back to country(cutting down tax safe heavens) and getting rid of trade deals with BRIC will lead to lot more local investments in developed world that can lead to new economic growth engine and job markets, how that will pan out is not very clear....but one thing is clear no free ride for Elites of Wall Streets and big companies, that is the bright side of the whole story or hope people were sold on... This is also the after math of 2008 great recession

This is also Consolidation Vs Growth cycle from economic stand point of view. Focus will be on rebuilding the local economic rather than going global; laws, policies and trades will be devised to discourage globalization, again the hope is that this will drive economic growth in working class of first world... We have to see how this pans out, what kind of jobs that translate too is not clear, path is not sure shot, question is where we go if that does not work?? - We also have other challenges like Climate Change that can become critical issues in decade time frame, building on old is not an option, Danger is more infighting and uncertainty - Divide and difference between rich and poor countries can also cause further unrest at global, which again can be serious distraction while everybody tries to fix economy...
    Top post but this could had easily been avoided with an anti-globalization but a Liberal person like Sanders ,Democrats screwed it up.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Trump is defn smarter than Bush jr. not sure though but in a way he reminds me(IMHO) of Zakir Naik ,deflects arguments massively and to his supporters he is never wrong.

Don't think he is Pro-India as Indian IT,Pharma depends on outsourcing and his initial campaigns were everything against that.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Trump is defn smarter than Bush jr. not sure though but in a way he reminds me(IMHO) of Zakir Naik ,deflects arguments massively and to his supporters he is never wrong.

Don't think he is Pro-India as Indian IT,Pharma depends on outsourcing and his initial campaigns were everything against that.
    He may not be good for indian businesses, but he'll great for the indian army and foreign policy. Expect more military toys and money, more support for India interests like in Kashmir and Balochistan.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thivagar View Post
    Sanders may be too old then. She could have announced him as her potential vice president How do you not do that with the guy that made the youth care about elections ? She deserves to be shamed.
    I didnt see a single bumper sticker on cars with Clinton. We always had Kerry and Obama stickers in previous elections. Saw plenty of Bernie in primaries as well ... People simply didn't care enough for Hillary.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by endymion248 View Post
    It's because it doesn't matter whether you get 60% of the votes in California or 90% of the votes in California. Only the swing states matter and they represent a tiny portion of the American electorate. FPTP+2 party system+Presidential system.
    Electoral seats are based on population , no ?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He may not be good for indian businesses, but he'll great for the indian army and foreign policy. Expect more military toys and money, more support for India interests like in Kashmir and Balochistan.
    Those things are useless in longer run as seen with Mushraff/Zia and republican partnership, Indian IT/Pharma and business is what gives India "economical" strength to have a say in affairs.

Also Kashmir was already not getting highlighted much as it used to and foreign policy of India was doing good without him in the mix.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone i see on FB and on social media keeps saying "how america is doomed" or "I fear for our kid's future" etc. Makes me wonder as to who actually voted for him then coz i only see anti trump rhetoric online. As someone said, most people secretly voted for him having said they would vote for Hilary!

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Who cares really
    Apart from all the middle class muslims on America posting on here

India have their own taliban government
    So do Israel
    Now America have too

Mullah Omar and Hafiz morsi suddenly doesn't seem so bad

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should elect Imran Khan now. If more than 50 million Americans have no problem electing a person like Trump then they have no business telling other people who to elect.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Mr Trump.

About time the 8 years of deception with an Oscar winning performance of Obama ends. This imbecile will make America a laughing stock bringing down it's influence in the world which in turn will save innocent lives.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I couldn't agree more with you Abdul. But let me give you an unfortunate fact - the majority of people in any nation and low skilled, uneducated and, let's be frank, mentally stupid. Often such people don't have jobs, either because the industries they worked in are now long gone or they are simply too lazy/stupid to bother. These are exactly the sort of people who love to blame all their problems on immigrants - Mexicans, Muslims, you name it. These are also the sorts of people who have Stone Age views about women.

Most of the time, these people don't get to an avenue to voice their racism and bigotry because it would get no mainstream backing. Occasionally you get some dangerous politician who manages to make it to the mainstream and then these people are finally able to display their views openly - it becomes ok to be openly racist, sexist and bigoted. Today it's Trump, yesterday it was Hitler and tomorrow it will be Le Pen.

These are the sorts of people who voted for Brexit too - blame immigrants for the fact that locals can't get a job, when the reality is that the locals are too damn thick or lazy or both to get a job. It is an unfortunate reality of the world we live in. When someone says to these people that they can't get a job because a black man took it, they love to hear it, whether it's truth or lies.

I am fast losing faith in humanity.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The media, social media and every American I personally know seems to be shocked by the result. Either ghosts voted for Trump or everyone I know is a hypocrite who secretly voted for Trump but doesn't acknowledge it.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think there's a difference between what he believes and what the people who's votes he wanted believe.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1995 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin Chacha View Post
    The media, social media and every American I personally know seems to be shocked by the result. Either ghosts voted for Trump or everyone I know is a hypocrite who secretly voted for Trump but doesn't acknowledge it.
    Social media is infested with liberal students who really know little about politics and dont bother voting, yet those same people are the most vociferous online when the result goes against what they feel is right. Same happened with Brexit, literally all the coverage of it online was negative yet it got a majority vote. Go figure.

Sadly, and twitter is particularly guilty of this, but these people fill their social media presence and feeds with a gigantic bubble of only things and people that they agree with, anyone slips through that crack they get blocked. So these people basically live in a bubble of no debate and getting praised for all they say and they assume all who disagree are neanderthals. Quite amusing tbh

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If we believed everyone on social media was representative of the masses, Imran Khan would be in power today and would have won the 2013 election by a landslide. Social media is the wrong way to guage things, totally misinforms.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    I couldn't agree more with you Abdul. But let me give you an unfortunate fact - the majority of people in any nation and low skilled, uneducated and, let's be frank, mentally stupid. Often such people don't have jobs, either because the industries they worked in are now long gone or they are simply too lazy/stupid to bother. These are exactly the sort of people who love to blame all their problems on immigrants - Mexicans, Muslims, you name it. These are also the sorts of people who have Stone Age views about women.

Most of the time, these people don't get to an avenue to voice their racism and bigotry because it would get no mainstream backing. Occasionally you get some dangerous politician who manages to make it to the mainstream and then these people are finally able to display their views openly - it becomes ok to be openly racist, sexist and bigoted. Today it's Trump, yesterday it was Hitler and tomorrow it will be Le Pen.

These are the sorts of people who voted for Brexit too - blame immigrants for the fact that locals can't get a job, when the reality is that the locals are too damn thick or lazy or both to get a job. It is an unfortunate reality of the world we live in. When someone says to these people that they can't get a job because a black man took it, they love to hear it, whether it's truth or lies.

I am fast losing faith in humanity.
    Racism and bigotry gets old eventually. Even in Canada the conservative party was in power for almost 10 years where they took all sorts of steps against immigrants in Canada but even that got old and liberals came back to power in 2015.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have been watching Pakistani talk shows only discussing the results of the US election. Surprisingly they are not alarmed or panic driven as perhaps American Muslims are in general. They mostly believe all that Trump has been promising, bragging about during the campaign is just pre-election rhetoric and that it is impossible for him to execute all these promises, policies because he will have plenty of stakeholders to deal with who will talk sense into him.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFighter View Post
    I have been watching Pakistani talk shows only discussing the results of the US election. Surprisingly they are not alarmed or panic driven as perhaps American Muslims are in general. They mostly believe all that Trump has been promising, bragging about during the campaign is just pre-election rhetoric and that it is impossible for him to execute all these promises, policies because he will have plenty of stakeholders to deal with who will talk sense into him.
    Well his cabinet is gonna be full of establishment people

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Top post but this could had easily been avoided with an anti-globalization but a Liberal person like Sanders ,Democrats screwed it up.
    Dems are paying price for not listening to Bernie Or Elizabeth Warren could have won this and bring jobs for working class without all this non-sense distraction of race, religion and a very divided country. But there is a serious disagreement between how Obama/Hillary want to develop DP Vs people like Bernie Or Elizabeth Warren, At the end these Under hand Trade deals to help cooperation were/are unfair to local workers, jobs and environment. Lot of manufacturing base is lost and out sourcing has happen because of that, profits has gone to top Multi-national companies executives and not to workers...Left wing Dems are more fed up with these Trade deals, because above all they are not fair, there is going to be revolt in DP(now its reality), as it has being in Republican Party, Trump has to deliver on Trade and Jobs, otherwise he will be on the chopping block next time....

My worry is the cultural and social aspect(division on race, religion etc) of Anti-Globalization, that is dangerous, but hard to avoid when right wing is driving that change...

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post

You could say the same thing about Hillary Clinton. Why is she funding ISIS as per Wikileaks? Why did she have a terrorists dad sitting behind her? Why did she call blacks super predators?

David Duke is a nobody who democrats wheel out every 4 years. Hes no different than Bill Ayers who a nobody and committed terrorist acts in the US and was a friend of Obama.

Indians are happy about Trump's aggressive stance on terrorism among other reasons.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser View Post
    You could say the same thing about Hillary Clinton. Why is she funding ISIS as per Wikileaks? Why did she have a terrorists dad sitting behind her? Why did she call blacks super predators?

David Duke is a nobody who democrats wheel out every 4 years. Hes no different than Bill Ayers who a nobody and committed terrorist acts in the US and was a friend of Obama.

Indians are happy about Trump's aggressive stance on terrorism among other reasons.
    Not really. Indians love him cause they identify with his xenophobic beliefs.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    I still don't believe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Social media is infested with liberal students who really know little about politics and dont bother voting, yet those same people are the most vociferous online when the result goes against what they feel is right. Same happened with Brexit, literally all the coverage of it online was negative yet it got a majority vote. Go figure.

Sadly, and twitter is particularly guilty of this, but these people fill their social media presence and feeds with a gigantic bubble of only things and people that they agree with, anyone slips through that crack they get blocked. So these people basically live in a bubble of no debate and getting praised for all they say and they assume all who disagree are neanderthals. Quite amusing tbh
    This is practically the best post in this entire thread...If you are ok with it, can I share the above post on my social media ??

Only if you're ok with it.....

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope this stops the smug, sanctimonious preaching from the "civilised" first world white's about their enlightened liberal values compared to us third world brown's.
    The President of America,the guy chosen by Americans to lead them, is an alleged rapist who talks about grabbing women by their......
    Last edited by kabbirann; 10th November 2016 at 05:48.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Absolutely spot on.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a racist,misogynist bigot is now the President of probably the most powerful country in the world.Can't say I'm surprised.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Bang on.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not really. Indians love him cause they identify with his xenophobic beliefs.
    What utter crap! Most indians couldn't care less about Trump or Hillary winning. Do Indians have issues with latinos like Trump has? I don't think so. They get along pretty well in california from what i've seen.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know why, but now that it has happened, i am not actually upset about Trump winning to be honest. The only reason to vote for Hillary was because she apparently represented the lesser of the 2 evils. The fact she couldn't win in-spite of all the odds favoring her must have a divine reason behind it.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth is, the so called "Mainstream Media" tried their best in demonizing Donald Trump just because he had a friendly stance towards Russia, but all their efforts failed as he won.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manager101 View Post
    Truth is, the so called "Mainstream Media" tried their best in demonizing Donald Trump just because he had a friendly stance towards Russia, but all their efforts failed as he won.
    Yeah right. He won because a lot of people believe what they want to believe, your post is a good example.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Ravish Kumar's Prime Time and excellent analysis as to why people preferred a crude,rude Trump to a smooth talking Hilary.

Three points-
    1.people actually lost both wealth and jobs in the last 4 yrs-and all talk of race,religion and gender aside,people will never vote for someone because of whom they lose money.
    2.Trump talked about Trump and Hilary also talked about Trump, when she should have been focusing on the issues concerning the working class.
    3.Media made an underdog of Trump by glossing over Hilary's weaknesses.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kabbirann View Post
    Watched Ravish Kumar's Prime Time and excellent analysis as to why people preferred a crude,rude Trump to a smooth talking Hilary.

Three points-
    1.people actually lost both wealth and jobs in the last 4 yrs-and all talk of race,religion and gender aside,people will never vote for someone because of whom they lose money.
    2.Trump talked about Trump and Hilary also talked about Trump, when she should have been focusing on the issues concerning the working class.
    3.Media made an underdog of Trump by glossing over Hilary's weaknesses.
    stats say otherwise. The majority of people who voted for Trump were White people earning more than 65k a year.

these fake appeasement stats are nonsense. The bare facts are this and these are undeniable.

Trump used misogynist, racists, bigoted, rhetoric to get his message across. He was unambiguos and open about his rhetoric. There are countless video speeches to prove this point.

The people who heard this, cheered for him and voted for him. Now they can try and spin it and say "oh its the white working class who have been left behind" yes but the "working class" in general (which includes more blacks women and hispanics,) overwhelmingly voted for Hilary, there is no disputing this. Therefore the right conclusion, after examining all the facts, is that those who voted for Trump didnt mind his rhetoric, they actually supported it and were of like mind. Thus the final conclusion is that the majority (and we can only go by the sample which is in the millions, more accurate than a yougov poll) who voted for Trump are racists, white people, who couldnt care elss aboutw omens rights, black rights, minority rights and "want their white priviledge" back so they can continue their discrimination and "perception of exceptionalism." there is no toher conclusion and anyone who tells you otherwise is akin to those who claimed the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manager101 View Post
    sorry but the mainstream media didnt have to do much, other than play his videos and speeches. Trump talked and said everything he did in the full glare of the media. You cant run away from this fact. It is a matter of public record. They interviewed countless Trump supporters who were all to a man racist. End of. America should simply accept what it is. A divided segregated country where the lives and prosperity of the white european immigrant descendant is worth more than the rest. They now have a president who claims to "undertsand" their problem.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    stats say otherwise. The majority of people who voted for Trump were White people earning more than 65k a year.

these fake appeasement stats are nonsense. The bare facts are this and these are undeniable.

Trump used misogynist, racists, bigoted, rhetoric to get his message across. He was unambiguos and open about his rhetoric. There are countless video speeches to prove this point.

The people who heard this, cheered for him and voted for him. Now they can try and spin it and say "oh its the white working class who have been left behind" yes but the "working class" in general (which includes more blacks women and hispanics,) overwhelmingly voted for Hilary, there is no disputing this. Therefore the right conclusion, after examining all the facts, is that those who voted for Trump didnt mind his rhetoric, they actually supported it and were of like mind. Thus the final conclusion is that the majority (and we can only go by the sample which is in the millions, more accurate than a yougov poll) who voted for Trump are racists, white people, who couldnt care elss aboutw omens rights, black rights, minority rights and "want their white priviledge" back so they can continue their discrimination and "perception of exceptionalism." there is no toher conclusion and anyone who tells you otherwise is akin to those who claimed the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth.
    If you keep demonising the white people then you have no one to blame when they live up to your rhetoric.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    If you keep demonising the white people then you have no one to blame when they live up to your rhetoric.
    "if you keep deamonising Muslims you have know one to blame when they live up to your rhetoric"

you see how stupid you sound? stop appeasing racists and take responsibility just like you all say to us whenever a bomb goes off in some remote village somewhere. This being a billion times worse in that a sizable verifiable majority have proven to be a bunch of racists. I know its hard to fathom but please wake up to the reality in your midst.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    called it. hilllary was just a really a bad candidate. unlikable, corrupt, but generic and bland at the same time

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Build a Wall! Build a Wall! Build a Wall! Build a Wall! Build a Wall! Build a Wall! #TrumpPower

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1995 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    This is practically the best post in this entire thread...If you are ok with it, can I share the above post on my social media ??

Only if you're ok with it.....
    Yeah go ahead, just dont put my name on it

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Erm OK. .but the polls weren't social media polls. They were polls run by respectable pollsters and by an large hilary was ahead in most of them. So please don't blame liberal students just because you think it's fashionable to have a go at them.

The bottom line is simple. White people mostly educated white people voted for Trump. Why? Race that's why.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1995 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Erm OK. .but the polls weren't social media polls. They were polls run by respectable pollsters and by an large hilary was ahead in most of them. So please don't blame liberal students just because you think it's fashionable to have a go at them.

The bottom line is simple. White people mostly educated white people voted for Trump. Why? Race that's why.
    If that makes you feel better you go ahead and believe that. I'm more inclined to believe other things, especially when the electorate you accuse of being mostly racist white trash had not only voted for a black president, but actually voted him twice.

Maybe opinions such as yours, where all dissenters are imbecilic rednecks, are what led to the grievances of people being ignored as they were accused of being racist at every turn, and thus led to Trump's victory.

I couldn't care less about Trump or the US tbh. But its ironic how the actions of the people who despise Trump the most, the sneering smugness they exhibit, the sheer arrogance and dismissiveness of every opposing argument, is what led to Trump being the President right now. They really arent very different from one another funnily enough.

Trump is a bit of a buffoon for the record, you wont ever see me support him. But by pretending that all his supporters and likewise those who voted Brexit are all the same kind i.e idiots who hate all non white people and foreigners, you actually just ensure that in future more and more of these kind of results are going to happen, and the actual racists and rednecks (some of whom of course are Brexit and Trump voters, saying otherwise is idiocy)out there will win.

This is what happens when the terms racism, white privilege, xenophobia etc etc are thrown about constantly by the left to shut down any argument against their beliefs or policies. Millions of ordinary people with perfectly valid grievances, who arent racist or KKK supporters or sectarianists, get pushed towards the far right who are more than happy to take the elections getting handed to them. And yet with Brexit and now this the supposed tolerant left are showing their bone headedness by continuing to stick to the belief that they are special snowflakes, everyone and anyone who disagrees is a guffawing lunatic and if they bury their heads in the sand and continue to insult the electorate at any given opportunity all will fix itself somehow, and by fix itself I mean all dissent will disappear because the left cant handle debate.

Its sad, because I lean more towards the left than the right honestly,I see myself as being somewhat socialist, and I see the stupidity being displayed on both sides and just cringe.

Damnit, why couldnt they just have nominated Sanders ***.

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1995 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Btw the post I responded to was asking why social media's reaction was so negative when Trump won. I wasn't claiming that all polls were social media ones, I was commenting as a student myself on how I notice students behave on political matters.

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bernie could never win won florida or any midwestern states, maybe could have done better than hillary in the rustbelt but that's it. he wouldn't have beaten trump

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that makes you feel better you go ahead and believe that. I'm more inclined to believe other things, especially when the electorate you accuse of being mostly racist white trash had not only voted for a black president, but actually voted him twice.

Maybe opinions such as yours, where all dissenters are imbecilic rednecks, are what led to the grievances of people being ignored as they were accused of being racist at every turn, and thus led to Trump's victory.

I couldn't care less about Trump or the US tbh. But its ironic how the actions of the people who despise Trump the most, the sneering smugness they exhibit, the sheer arrogance and dismissiveness of every opposing argument, is what led to Trump being the President right now. They really arent very different from one another funnily enough.

Trump is a bit of a buffoon for the record,
    you wont ever see me support him. But by pretending that all his supporters and likewise those who voted Brexit are all the same kind i.e idiots who hate all non white people and foreigners, you actually just ensure that in future more and more of these kind of results are going to happen, and the actual racists and rednecks (some of whom of course are Brexit and Trump voters, saying otherwise is idiocy)out there will win.

This is what happens when the terms racism, white privilege, xenophobia etc etc are thrown about constantly by the left to shut down any argument against their beliefs or policies. Millions of ordinary people with perfectly valid grievances, who arent racist or KKK supporters or sectarianists, get pushed towards the far right who are more than happy to take the elections getting handed to them. And yet with Brexit and now this the supposed tolerant left are showing their bone headedness by continuing to stick to the belief that they are special snowflakes, everyone and anyone who disagrees is a guffawing lunatic and if they bury their heads in the sand and continue to insult the electorate at any given opportunity all will fix itself somehow, and by fix itself I mean all dissent will disappear because the left cant handle debate.

Its sad, because I lean more towards the left than the right honestly,I see myself as being somewhat socialist, and I see the stupidity being displayed on both sides and just cringe.

Wow!All the stuff Trump has said about women,the alleged allegations of sexual demeanours and all Trump is a bit of a buffoon.
    Misogyny is so deeply entrenched in the so callled "liberal"west.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The west is fast declining. The future is with Asia. I hope Asian countries take this opportunity to lead the world.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    White people have a history of centuries of violence. I have nothing against white people & my fellow Americans, i have friends, roommates and coworkers that are white.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    White people have a history of centuries of violence. I have nothing against white people & my fellow Americans, i have friends, roommates and coworkers that are white.
    All people have a history of centuries of violence. Tribal warfare was alive and well long before any white person came onto the scene. How long can you go blaming someone else for your actions.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    "if you keep deamonising Muslims you have know one to blame when they live up to your rhetoric"

you see how stupid you sound? stop appeasing racists and take responsibility just like you all say to us whenever a bomb goes off in some remote village somewhere. This being a billion times worse in that a sizable verifiable majority have proven to be a bunch of racists. I know its hard to fathom but please wake up to the reality in your midst.
    Everyone talked about female empowerment, in support of Muslims, black lives, the latinos, gays and the environment. But, no one addressed the majority America, the middle class Whites. Imagine a sub continent candidate talking about all the liberal values and immigrants but fails to talk about the majority ? That is what happened. The candidates were so "progressive" that they forgot about the average joe. The average who's life has come down crashing. It is funny how Pakistanis and Indians talk about US bombing civilians but everyone turns a blind eye when a issue regarding their military abuse is brought up. Majority of the White Americans that voted for Trump didn't vote for him because he was racist, they voted for him because they were sick and tired of fake politicians and they finally have someone that is protecting them. The racial and religious abuse is a confirmation of Trump's confirmation that he is there to save the "Real Americans".