Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

Haseeb Hameed AKA Baby Boycott - Performance Watch

31 in the first innings, 33* in the second innings and he looks calm and composed mA.

He's thought of very highly in the UK and there's hope for a great career from him iA.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of Hashim Amla.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of Mohammed Yousuf the way he plays some of his drives.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Well, we have found the long-looked for partner for Alastair Cook.

I'd been hoping to keep him playing for Lancashire for another year or two. Won't happen now.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Bar looking iffy outside off stump, he looks the real McCoy.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Well, we have found the long-looked for partner for Alastair Cook.

I'd been hoping to keep him playing for Lancashire for another year or two. Won't happen now.
    I still think he should play for a couple of years in domestic. Imo he is too young for a batsman in international cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2692 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of Nick Compton.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    Reminds me of Nick Compton.
    Except Compton didn't have many shots and was far too defensive at times.

Although this chap is known for a defensive game he seems to be have a good array of shots.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I still think he should play for a couple of years in domestic. Imo he is too young for a batsman in international cricket.
    He's good enough so he's old enough. I'm very impressed as a Lancashire fan too

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Test 50 on debut, well done lad!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Watching him properly for the first time and I'm very impressed.

Looks so calm at the crease as if he is playing with his mates in the park.

Wristy, technically looks pretty good and will get better.

It's excellent for him that he's opening with Cook.

Regarding who he bats like, a bit of Azharrudin, Yousuf and Zaheer Abbas about him.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is quality.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He looked really wonderful, very composed and can be a real asset for England in the long term. He has already played an amazing innings against quality spin in difficult conditions. He's miles better than Babar Azam that's for sure. To have cook by his side can only improve his game.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    very impressed by his footwork against spin. he is comfort able on both the front foot and go back in the crease as well. The initial signs look very promising. But this tour will get tougher next game will be on a rank turner in Vizag so that will bring a different challenge for him. Great work by the lad so far.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He certainly looks a better player of spin than Babar, but Babar will improve.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing about his batting was the ease with which he tamed the cunning off-spin of ashwin, the mercilessly tight line of jadeja and the mysterious leg spin of mishra on indian wicket.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality player of spin, impressive.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Need to see his highlights after all the praise here.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th November 2016 at 21:50.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spade View Post
    He looked really wonderful, very composed and can be a real asset for England in the long term. He has already played an amazing innings against quality spin in difficult conditions. He's miles better than Babar Azam that's for sure. To have cook by his side can only improve his game.
    Babar Azam is already making quite a few indians insecure and jelous. Love it and i hope he keeps scoring tons so we see some more jelous and burnt indian fans.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Babar Azam is already making quite a few indians insecure and jelous. Love it and i hope he keeps scoring tons so we see some more jelous and burnt indian fans.
    Lol....Babar is Babar and Haseeb is Haseeb. Time will tell who's better. Early days yet but may Allah grant both of them success

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His front foot defence and the ability to leave the ball is been very good

Btw can't predict too much after just 2 inngs

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not jealous at all, I wish him all the best, just that both are reasonably young and have a bright future. Watching Hameed today gave me the impression that he is far ahead of others, so composed so mature, mind you Babar Azam is 2 years older than Hameed.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not jealous at all, I wish him all the best, just that both are reasonably young and have a bright future. Watching Hameed today gave me the impression that he is far ahead of others, so composed so mature, mind you Babar Azam is 2 years older than Hameed.
    I see thats why you mentioned babar azam out of all the names you could have came up with and to say better then him by miles highlights your clean heart without an inch of jelousy. Haseeb hammed will make an exclellent test player but don't see him becoming a good odi and t20 player at the moment, though he is pretty young to prove me wrong. While babar may not be a better test players then him, but is overall suited for all formats unlike haseeb hammed at the moment.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would even like to bring in contention Sami Aslam, yes technically not as solid, but he knows how to grind it out.
    Lets see in future how the careers of sami and haseeb turns out

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Can I get a more balanced view on him? Surely not deserving of universal praise

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Can I get a more balanced view on him? Surely not deserving of universal praise
    Positives:

Great footwork vs Spin
    Cuts very well and plays the ball late
    Knows where his off stump is
    Confidence of a senior member

Negatives:

19 years old (depending on how you view this) and inexperienced
    Fundamentals are there but we don't know how he'll do in a variety of Test Scenarios despite the good start

The Middle Ground:

Patience and Investment

Interesting flashback:

A 21 year old Joe Root made a half century on debut 4 years ago for England in India

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Looks like a fantastic prospect.

Azharuddin is the best comparison in my eyes. He has a considerable amount of similarities to the Indian great.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The way Haseeb plays, he reminds me of Azharuddin or Mohammed Kaif.

Mannerisms included.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another player with Gujju heritage doing well in Gujarat.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Must be at least decent if he can get a half century on debut aged 19 on a tough away series against a bowling attack that is world class in home conditions.

Haven't watched a ball yet of the ongoing Test though, but the above is what I have surmised.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks like a great talent, England seem to be churning out the talent atm.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I hope he is given at least a year or two and not discarded after one bad series. The English seem to do that a lot and don't give players enough time to settle.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are comparisons with Babar Azam coming??

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems to play better than Kohli. Lovely cover drives.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks in the mould of root and azharuddin

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I see thats why you mentioned babar azam out of all the names you could have came up with and to say better then him by miles highlights your clean heart without an inch of jelousy. Haseeb hammed will make an exclellent test player but don't see him becoming a good odi and t20 player at the moment, though he is pretty young to prove me wrong. While babar may not be a better test players then him, but is overall suited for all formats unlike haseeb hammed at the moment.
    I agree with the bold part of your post.

The reason i mentioned azam is because both of them are of comparable age and have played 1 test match in conditions that are relatively similar and both are the youngest sensations in world cricket no other team has unleashed young batsmen in recent times who have done well.

Sami aslam is also another quality player his contemporary de kock has taken a march over him because of some pathetic decision by the PCB, he deserves to be in the ODI set up.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_guy View Post
    I would even like to bring in contention Sami Aslam, yes technically not as solid, but he knows how to grind it out.
    Lets see in future how the careers of sami and haseeb turns out
    Absolutely!!! fully agree with your assessment, he is a high class player and knows how to score runs, not necessarily pretty runs but runs nevertheless.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    England are so lucky. Each time they tour India, they find a (potentially ATG) top order batsman.

It was Cook, then Root and now Haseeb.

They should tour India every 2 years

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    The 4 year struggle to find Cook's partner has finally ended.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    England selectors are generally risk-averse so I was surprised when Hameed was called up given his inexperience. They could have easily gone back to a more experienced option like Robson who had a decent county season. But this may turn out to be an inspired selection.

I was also surprised they didn't start Hameed in Bangladesh to prepare him for India- feels like we wasted two Tests with Ballance.

Hameed's rise is impressive. For a 19 year old to come into Division 1 of County cricket and average nearly 50 in your first 20 FC matches is quite remarkable.

Has a solid defence, good footwork and all the basic fundamentals - shows you how good coaching is at grassroots level in England. Let's see how he does on livelier wickets.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Rajkot Test: Haseeb Hameed's dad a proud man after son's maiden half century

Rajkot: Nineteen-year-old opener Haseeb Hameed had a special audience here on Saturday when he scored his maiden half century for England in his debut Test.

His family — father Ismail, mother Najma, elder brother Nuaman, younger brother Safwaan, sisters Ateqah and Subhana — watched as the most famous member of their family was applauded when he steered India leg-spinner Amit Mishra for a boundary.

Hameed ended the day unbeaten on 62 with captain Alastair Cook at the other end. His family found it difficult walking to their car as spectators broke security barriers to wish them for their boy's success.

Hameed's Test debut against India here is an even bigger occasion for the family as his ancestors come from the village Umraj in Bharuch some 373 km away from Rajkot. The family is in India for Nuaman's nikaah with Nadiya, which was conducted in Bharuch last week. But Haseeb was not part of it because he had to be with the team ahead of a crucial series.

"Haseeb couldn't attend it as he was with the team. But it is ok, we all understand," said his elder sister Ateqah. "I am very happy, I couldn't have asked for more," is all that his father could say, still basking in the glory of his son's achievement.

"But, (pointing at Safwaan) he was a much better cricketer than Haseeb. He was to go to Australia but had to stop playing because of injuries," added the father who used to make Nuaman and Safwaan play cricket in the living room with a plastic ball and bat. Like all Asian expats, they loved cricket and cricketers. Former Pakistan cricketer Salim Malik would often drop in at their residence in Bolton.

"He is calm, very level-headed and a very good observer," said Safwaan of his brother. This is one quality that has been praised by England captain Alastair Cook.

Teammate Adil Rashid said: "He has got a good head. He is very clever and works hard in the nets. He has also got a very good sense of humour and I think he is fitting well in the dressing room. He is a great talent and he showed that today. Hopefully, he carries on tomorrow and makes a big one here."

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/rajk...s-dad/17754182

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Seemed very mature in his post match interview on Sky.

Really impressed.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see him troubling good teams for a long time. Looks a bit frail though. Needs to become slightly stronger in order to avoid injuries.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Looks class batsman, bats like Asian greats on Asian pitches. England has just found their next batting superstar. I'm extremely impressed by his wrist use.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Need to see his highlights after all the praise here.
    You won't be disappointed. Plays beautiful late cuts.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    England is producing the best talent in cricket these days.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Trevor Bayliss praises Haseeb Hameed after England debut

Haseeb Hameed is already part of the England furniture after just one Test match, according to coach Trevor Bayliss who has compared the teenager to Sri Lanka great Kumar Sangakkara.

The 19-year-old made his debut in the drawn first Test against India in Rajkot and was just 18 runs short of becoming England's youngest centurion.

His performance alongside Alastair Cook at the top of the order drew praise from the England captain and Sky Sports' Nasser Hussain, among others.

And even the tourists' measured coach is willing to concede England may have unearthed "a very, very good player".

"Without wanting to put too much pressure on him, the signs are good," Bayliss said. "For one so young, 19, his composure is very good.

"He knows how his game works - something that players years in advance of him would like to have, I think.

"He's been with the squad for about six weeks, but it feels like he's been here for two or three years - he's got that type of a personality.

"He's one of those batters, a little bit like a Kumar Sangakkara, who just loves batting - whether it's in the nets, having throwdowns or with a tennis ball in the changing room. He just loves to have a bat in his hand."

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/new...-england-debut

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I agree with all the praise given so far but the real test for him will come against the quicks next year and if he comes through that without too many problems then England would have found a gem.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alastair Cook's generous words of praise for Haseeb Hameed

Link

At the end of the Rajkot Test, England’s most experienced Test batsman and captain Alastair Cook made a remarkable statement. Speaking of his opening partner, the debutant Haseeb Hameed, he said, “He was pushing me close to retirement when we walked off yesterday: a 19-year-old not only out-batted me but scored quicker than me and made it look easier than me.”

Captains talking up promising youngsters is not unusual in sport, it is part of the job description. But such generosity of spirit is rare; Cook is clearly a man secure in his own skin. For an all-time great from his country to pay such a lavish tribute to a boy playing his first Test says as much about Hameed as about Cook himself.

By scoring his 30th century, Cook overtook Don Bradman; by drawing the Test, he brought his team on a par with the No. 1 side in the discussions that followed; England’s defeat in Bangladesh will not be forgotten, but the scars are healing rapidly; after five days of tough, unrelenting competition, Cook gave his team cause for hope. And yet, he found the time (and the words) to celebrate the arrival of Hameed. The last England batsman who evoked such expectations was Joe Root, and before that, it was Cook himself, both in India.

Cook, the only England player with over 10,000 Test runs, is just 31 years old. There is a suggestion of baton-passing in his praise of Hameed, even if the captain is not abdicating just yet. There are promises to keep and miles to go. There is the matter of some of Sachin Tendulkar’s records, for one.

Greatness recognising greatness
    When a young Len Hutton was coming through the system in Yorkshire, Herbert Sutcliffe, the established opening batsman said, “I am only setting up these records for Hutton to break them.” The Cook-Hameed parallel is too obvious to deserve comment.

When the great Australian batsman Victor Trumper was 19, Ranji, who was touring Australia then, remarked after seeing him play for New South Wales that “he will be a very great batsman at no very distant date”. Trumper’s scores in that match were 5 and 0. It was greatness recognising greatness.

India’s two best batsmen in the 1970s and 80s were Sunil Gavaskar and his brother-in-law Gundappa Vishwanath. When Sachin Tendulkar was 14, Dilip Vengsarkar told me that the teenager had the defence of one and the strokes of the other and would finish as a combination of the two. Vengsarkar was not a man to exaggerate, but I thought he had just begun to then.

Cook’s praise is, equally, the lament of the ageing master. The painter who sees a younger man do easily what took him a lifetime to learn, the novelist who watches the world pay obeisance to a younger writer for his wit and control: the same things he was being lauded for a couple of generations earlier, the musician who needs to practise that bit harder to remain at the top. It is the cycle of life, a cycle that turns faster in sport than in any other sphere.

Yet it is a cycle difficult to come to terms with. Former players are fond of saying how they played for the joy of the game rather than for the money. Many are convinced things were better in their time, the fast bowlers bowled faster, the spinners were craftier and the batsmen were sounder. When these same players were young, they were up against an earlier generation saying the same things about their game. And so on backwards in time.

Cook’s maturity — of a piece with declaring at Rajkot only after eliminating the chances of a defeat — and his display of unselfishness and magnanimity are lessons that are as important to the modern cricketer as his gritty batsmanship.

Much to do
    Hameed, who looks startlingly like a younger version of the British actor Alan Cumming, has even more miles to go. In Australia, there was a hex on anyone being compared to Don Bradman. Ian Craig, Norman O’Neill, Doug Walters were all thus compared, but fell short of greatness.

There is no evidence of a similar curse on any England batsman being compared to Geoff Boycott. Hameed’s father and early coach Ismail, who played in the Bolton league was called “Boycott” for his technique. Hameed is thus “Baby Boycott”.

Geoff Boycott himself has been generous. "I am flattered. It is a compliment to me that his father showed him videos of me and wanted him to watch my technique,” he has said.

Hameed will have the international spotlight trained on him for many years now. He will excite, disappoint, inspire, frustrate, dishearten, motivate, thrill fans around the world as he both succeeds and fails at the crease.

But it is doubtful if he will receive a more heart-warming response from a mate or a better compliment than the one from his captain at the end of his debut Test.
    ===========================================

Can we imagine any subcontinent captain talking like this??

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    come on its one match for gods sake

also this is putting way too much pressure on a 19 year old kid who actually is 19 too!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah I agree, going WAYYY OTT now.

He just had a nice opening on an easy to bat track, that's it. Give him some time to prove his worth and it's too early to judge anything.

Also there's a thread for Haseeb guy already.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Real find for ENG this series. Sad his going back courtesy a broken finger. Kohli having a chat with him appreciating the lad post match.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Played well today ,think his family had come to watch him as well.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli bhai is a true mentor.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Excellent gutsy knock.

Respect.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Another classy batsman with roots in India. Wish all the best to this lad.

Narendra Modi and Imran Khan Zindabad! NOT

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    the lad showed a lot of guts to bat with a broken finger. Surely he is one for the future looks mature beyond his years.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is already well known in county circuit for legendary slow rate..

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Showed more guts today than the vast majority of Pakistan's batsmen put together did in New Zealand.

Wish we had some like him in the Pakistan team.
    Last edited by Saj; 29th November 2016 at 23:29.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  Batting.jpg
Views: 2787
Size:  13.2 KB

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    He is going home, ruled out of the rest of the India tour unfortunately.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to hear that he won't play further in the series. However, England have definitely found a gem in him. Looking forward to see he goes next summer!

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bitter sweet end to the tour for the kid. What a gutsy last performance on the tour with the bat though with a broken finger. Happy for him, rightly getting praised worldwide I'm sure the cricketing world has taken note of this gem. This was the tour a gem was unearthed to the international cricket scene to entertain us for years to come inshAllah, a special moment.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Root
    Clarke
    Cook
    Rabada
    Haseeb (hopefully)

All unearthed during IND tours

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my closest mates first cousin who I also have had the privilege growing up with. It's absolutely incredible watching someone you know well personally do as good as he is and showing the passion and determination along with it. His dad deserves a lot of credit. Used to take him to India every summer during the holidays as a child to improve his batting in every and any way possible. Still pinch myself at the fact that someone I know so well plays for the England cricket team!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zarar View Post
    One of my closest mates first cousin who I also have had the privilege growing up with. It's absolutely incredible watching someone you know well personally do as good as he is and showing the passion and determination along with it. His dad deserves a lot of credit. Used to take him to India every summer during the holidays as a child to improve his batting in every and any way possible. Still pinch myself at the fact that someone I know so well plays for the England cricket team!
    His family came to the last game as well didn't they?Cricketers in South Asia require a lot of sacrifice and push from their parents esp fathers but coming to India just to improve the batting is whole diff level of push.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zarar View Post
    What a moment it must have been for his family to watch him boss around Indian spinners (esp Ash who he simply took apart) after the whole English team had crumbled to them....that too with a broken thumb.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 30th November 2016 at 11:05.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    His family came to the last game as well didn't they?Cricketers in South Asia require a lot of sacrifice and push from their parents esp fathers but coming to India just to improve the batting is whole diff level of push.
    Yes, They travelled to India with him. They were going anyway as it was his elder brother's wedding but they got to celebrate 2 occasions this time round.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His dad intended to travel and watch him in all 5 tests and was at both the Bangladesh tests as well.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    His dad intended to travel and watch him in all 5 tests and was at both the Bangladesh tests as well.
    I saw a brilliant quote on the BBC sport website yesterday, where somebody suggessted that instead of Mark Ramprakash, England should hire Hameed's dad as the England batting coach. Not a bad shout, I reckon!

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The skills, talent and temperament he showed was outstanding. He farmed the strike against tail-enders. His defense was unbreakable. His shot selection was amazing. All at 19 years of age. He will go a long way

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The county season is not going well for him.

Played 7 matches, no fifties or hundreds and averaging 20.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Port Isaac
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor guy suffering post-selection syndrome or English opener disorder !

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Hameed has lost the plot. According to George Dobell it looks like he'll miss out on the England squad.

In 15 first-class innings this season, he has failed to make a 50 and only reached 25 three times. He's been out for a duck four times.

@TalentSpotterPk

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    this is bound to happen in a youngsters career. he took to intl cricket like a duck to water. Id fast track him in the squad and give him a chance.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Hameed has lost the plot. According to George Dobell it looks like he'll miss out on the England squad.

In 15 first-class innings this season, he has failed to make a 50 and only reached 25 three times. He's been out for a duck four times.

@TalentSpotterPk

This is verrrrry Saddddd yaar :-(

Thank you for updating me.

Any information ? Some technical issues ? Or fame got to him ?

Watched his one ot two interviews and He looked confident, committed but Hard Working Guy.

Don't you think He should be persisted for one more Test Series ? Could be out of form yaar and can bounce back.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just going through a really bad patch of form. Hope England still back him and persist with him. Jennings hasn't really set the county circuit alight this season either.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    This is verrrrry Saddddd yaar :-(

Thank you for updating me.

Any information ? Some technical issues ? Or fame got to him ?

Watched his one ot two interviews and He looked confident, committed but Hard Working Guy.

Don't you think He should be persisted for one more Test Series ? Could be out of form yaar and can bounce back.
    He is very young, has a great future ahead of him and will certainly bounce back from this. England, at the moment have too many good prospects to carry Hameed in this form. Jennings seems to be the most likely choice but Gubbins might also be considered. Sam Robson too has been playing well recently and might be a candidate. I think this is good for Hameed and he will come back stronger. He definitely has the potential to become a regular opener for England in the future.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amvbfm View Post
    He is very young, has a great future ahead of him and will certainly bounce back from this. England, at the moment have too many good prospects to carry Hameed in this form. Jennings seems to be the most likely choice but Gubbins might also be considered. Sam Robson too has been playing well recently and might be a candidate. I think this is good for Hameed and he will come back stronger. He definitely has the potential to become a regular opener for England in the future.

If Gubbins or Jennings score heavily than they will be the future. In English Cricket those Openers who play well in their first 10-15 tests than play consistently. They don't Chop & Change regularly like Pak for instance. Hence Trescothick, Strauss, Cook had a long career. Trescothick would have played atleast 130 Tests if He did not have health issues.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fantastic little player, I think he will develop well and he's got a mature style to his batting.