Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Talent Spotter : Sameen Gul

A profile of Sameen Gul who is a young and fast-improving pace bowler from Jamrud in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

Full name Sameen Gul

Born February 4, 1999, Jamrud, Khyber Agency, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

Major teams Pakistan Under-19s, UBL, FATA and KPK

Batting style Right-hand bat

Bowling style Right-arm medium-fast

Height 6ft 3in

Interest in cricket

I started playing tape-ball cricket in the streets around my home in Jamrud so the story of my love for cricket is like many others in that sense. There was a lot of opposition to cricket not just by my parents but also from elders in the area where I lived as this was considered a fruitless pursuit and concentrating on education was advised as a better option for me. Whilst my love for the game made me overcome this resistance as I would sneak out of home for practice without telling anyone, I still managed to complete education to a matriculation level.

Role model

The South African bowler Dale Steyn has always been my favourite and I have always wanted to bowl like him. Closer to home, I have always liked Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis as they are Pakistan’s best ever fast bowlers. If you ask me who impresses me most in today’s team then it has to be Mohammad Amir.

Starting proper cricket at the Jamrud-Khyber academy and the Khyber Green Cricket Club

There were no opportunities to play hard-ball cricket in government funded schools in Jamrud so the only option I had to play proper cricket was by joining a local academy. I did this because friends and people in my school told me that I had the talent for fast-bowling and the only way to do justice to that was to play in one of the established academies. So, I started to go there every Sunday to practice with one of the senior players there and he got me enrolled in the Jamrud-Khyber academy in 2013. Based on my training at the academy, I was asked to join the Khyber Green Cricket Club in 2013 where I continued to perform well, taking four wickets in my very first game.

Under-16 cricket for FATA

In early 2014, I appeared in the Under-16 trials at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore for FATA region. This trial was supervised by the former Pakistan fast-bowler Sarfraz Nawaz. I suppose I made a good impression and I was selected to play for FATA region for two games in the ensuing Pepsi PCB Cricket Stars Under-16s Tournament which was held in May 2014. My coaches were very impressed and told me to continue in that way as they felt that I had a great future ahead of me.

The Under-17 England tour and injury

The summer of 2014 was another excellent experience for me as based upon my earlier performances, I was selected to represent Pakistan Under-17s in a One-Day series against the ECB Elite Player Development Under-17s in England. This was a great opportunity for me to experience cricket in a country where the game has its roots but unfortunately for me, I was injured after playing one game. The coaches felt that I had stiffness in my body due to the weather change which was enough to rule me out.

This wasn’t a serious injury but more of a case of the body not adjusting to different weather conditions. A part of the problem was also that I did not have much idea of maintaining my fitness but the result was that it was a short tour for me. I was out of cricket for a good three months before I could recover and start bowling as normal.

Representing Pakistan in the Under-19 World Cup

Once recovered from injury and as part of the preparation for the Under-19 World Cup in Bangladesh in January of 2015, I was selected for a Pakistan Under-19 team which took part in a tri-series involving Pakistan, Australia and New Zealand. I took seven wickets in four games and this again was a great experience for me in Limited-Overs cricket ahead of a bigger tournament.

I have had some foreign tours under my belt and was full of confidence about playing in foreign conditions but of course, any player would love to represent his country in a world competition and I was proud to be playing in the Under-19 World Cup. Although we did not win the tournament, I got to play five games including the all-important quarter-final against the West Indies. I picked five wickets in this tournament which is a memory I will cherish forever.

The move up to regional Under-19 level and tour of Sri Lanka with Pakistan Under-19s

In 2015 I was picked to play cricket for regional Under-19 teams in Khyber Agency (April) and FATA (September). The games I played for the Khyber Agency were two-day games and I had good success in them as I picked up twenty wickets in five games whereas my association with FATA Under-19s saw me play seven fifty-over games in the Inter-Region Under-19 One-Day Tournament 2015/16. Here I picked up seven wickets which boosted my confidence. My performances in the regional games earned me a place in the Pakistan Under-19 team which toured Sri Lanka in October of that year. At the age of sixteen, being part of a national Under-19 team where I was the third youngest in age was quite an experience and one I enjoyed a lot. I played one 'Test' match and three One-Day games and picked up ten wickets on that tour. More good news was to follow me later that year as I made my First-Class debut in November 2015.

List A debut in the President’s Cup

This tournament was a very important tournament and was considered by many at the same level as the PSL. I was lucky that on Younis Khan’s insistence, I was asked to join his KPK team which was an honour. I did not miss out on many games in this tournament and had the awesome opportunity to play against some of Pakistan’s top players. I may not have taken as many wickets as I could have, but being part of a tournament like this was a great exposure for me, especially as I was part of a team who were crowned as champions.

Playing First-Class cricket

I played my first First-Class game on November 30th 2015 for United Bank Limited (UBL) after my bowling was appreciated during a special young bowlers camp which was held in August 2015 and supervised by the world’s best known left-arm pace-bowler, Wasim Akram. If the road to make my debut was an exciting one, then the debut was a dream come true as I picked up four wickets in our game against Port Qasim Authority.

Influence and advice from Younis Khan

I was overjoyed at playing alongside the likes of such a senior player as Younis Khan at UBL and then later with the KPK team in the Pakistan Cup. He gave me so much confidence and kept on encouraging me during my debut and throughout the season as well.

Wicket taking delivery and speed

The delivery I favour the most is an inswinger but I also consider myself an expert in bowling yorkers which will explain the number of clean bowled dismissals I have in the ongoing Quaid-e-Azam Trophy tournament. As far as my speed is concerned, I was measured at 142 KpH during the Under-19 World Cup but on the average I tend to be between the 130-135 KpH mark.

The current QEA Season (2016/2017)

I am really enjoying the season so far. My team UBL is now in the Super Eights stage and I already have twenty-four wickets. This is a tally which I would like to improve as this is exactly the kind of statistic that the national selectors will be looking at when they make decisions.

Future aspirations

The chance to play for the national team is all that every young player dreams of. I understand that I have to work very hard and continue maintaining the levels of performances I am putting in now. In terms of preference, I would love to play Test matches but I will also be happy to play in any format as long as I can serve my country.
    Last edited by MenInG; 19th November 2016 at 20:58.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 130-135 bowler.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Another 130-135 bowler.
    Dont worry about speed. We can see what NZ bowlers with lower speeds are doing to us.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    What I am happy about is that talented players like him have risen through the ranks and their talent recognized by the PCB.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Pyongyang
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    brings the ball in sharply

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    My words, those in-dippers are almost Anwar Ali-esque.

I hope he doesn't go the same way and end up with a back injury, which would ruin his bowling.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Dont worry about speed. We can see what NZ bowlers with lower speeds are doing to us.
    Its sad watching shami and yadav in current tests bowling 145 regularly and our amir Sohail n rahat at 135. We need high speed on flat asian decks

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its sad watching shami and yadav in current tests bowling 145 regularly and our amir Sohail n rahat at 135. We need high speed on flat asian decks
    Bowlers like that don't make it past domestic where matches are played on greentops that favor medium pace swing bowlers. Back when domestic pitches were as flat as international ones in Pakistan, bowlers like that thrived in the domestic scene and were noticed by selectors so made it into the main team regularly.

Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People shouldn't worry too much about his speed. The guy has got talent and apparently lost pace after his injury. In the next year or two with proper training and fitness regimes, he can become a guy who can regularly bowl 140+.

Umar Gul could barely bowl 135kph in his first Test against India in 2004. Then by 2007, he hit 150kph.
    Mohammad Irfan when he made his debut for the national team was also trundling in the 130s. After a couple years, he came back and was bowling 145+ consistently.

Sameen Gul may not be the type of Shoaib Akhtar, Brett Lee, Shaun Tait, Waqar Younis types who could bowl 155-160kph. But I think he will be more than quick enough for international cricket. He has good height as well. Does remind a bit of Anwar Ali with his swing. But hopefully he will be taken better care of.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Was really impressed by his enthusiasm to succeed. An excellent prospect and needs to be watched carefully by selectors during this domestic season.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    4 wickets in NBP v UBL so far

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    5-20 to help UBL win

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He averages 15 with the ball after 7 FC games, so far, wow.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batting wise another number 11

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    considering the fact that matches are either played on green tops or roads. It's safe to assume that he was immensely aided by green tops, which greatly discounts his performance.

When you lose pace to a serious injury then you cannot get it back eg bishop, waqar younis etc.

Genuine pace is first and prerequisite to become atleast A grade bowler

Regards
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 29th November 2016 at 23:54.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacesensation View Post
    considering the fact that matches are either played on green tops or roads. It's safe to assume that he was immensely aided by green tops, which greatly discounts his performance.

When you lose pace to a serious injury then you cannot get it back eg bishop, waqar younis etc.

Regards
    I'd agree with you if he was someone in his mid to late 20s+ but Sameen is only 17 (probably 20 max), so is still growing and can put on pace with time. He's one to keep an eye on for sure.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Regards

Amir got two stress fracture of his back in his teens. He still clocked 153kph.

Sameen's runup is not going to give him any momentum to bowl fast. He must sort out his run up quickly. Has to make it rhythmic and quick paced.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Amir got two stress fracture of his back in his teens. He still clocked 153kph.

Sameen's runup is not going to give him any momentum to bowl fast. He must sort out his run up quickly. Has to make it rhythmic and quick paced.
    Shoaib Akhter will help in that aspect, sameen gul should go to shoaib akhter and ask him for guidance.

SA seems to knw alot about fast bowling workout, saw him saying stuff about amir and sohail khan that would make them better bowlers

Btw, how fast is atif jabbar, do you think he will get a call up?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Akhter will help in that aspect, sameen gul should go to shoaib akhter and ask him for guidance.

SA seems to knw alot about fast bowling workout, saw him saying stuff about amir and sohail khan that would make them better bowlers

Btw, how fast is atif jabbar, do you think he will get a call up?

He will have a chance if Shoaib Akhtar is given the role of Fast Bowling Consultant at NCA. (Some News)

Read Post number 120

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...80#post8967180

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will have a chance if Shoaib Akhtar is given the role of Fast Bowling Consultant at NCA. (Some News)

Read Post number 120

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...80#post8967180
    even if atif jabbar took 5 wickets today, you still have to admit that he was helped alot by the pitch.

We cannot gauge the skill set and thappar of these bowlers on these tracks

right?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    even if atif jabbar took 5 wickets today, you still have to admit that he was helped alot by the pitch.

We cannot gauge the skill set and thappar of these bowlers on these tracks

right?

Yes Generally but amongst them there may be a Diamond or two

For instance ignoring Ghulam's stats he does have Thappar. Now it all depends on him staying major injury free and building up his body for the needs of FAST bowling.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Generally but amongst them there may be a Diamond or two

For instance ignoring Ghulam's stats he does have Thappar. Now it all depends on him staying major injury free and building up his body for the needs of FAST bowling.
    a very ugly bowling action

ie of atif jabbar

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Really would like to see these top performers being given chances - otherwise, they are only stats - nothing else

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Good luck to Sameen.

He's had a decent QEA Trophy season.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sameen Gul 5-47
    &
    2-18
    in QEA today

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    PSL chance today!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive......hope he improves.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is he rated by PP experts?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Is he rated by PP experts?
    Yes ..,

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    video of him

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719.Can u please upload his whole spell today.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pace? And Strengths?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Pace? And Strengths?
    MId 130kph.move it in to the right handers.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good, with proper training and guidance he can gain some speed.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy7 View Post
    video of him
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    @Abdullah719.Can u please upload his whole spell today.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks Good. Hopefully he is given more games. Could definitely be one of the finds of thee tournament.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched him today for the first time and he seemed nothing more than a straight, up and down kinda bowler. More English than Pakistani but he is very young (apparently only 19), so I'm more than happy for the coaching staff to work with him, invest some resources and see what happens.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was excited because I thought he was 20~. This guy is at least 24-25 by his looks. Good line, length, speed but only worth investing if he is genuinely 19. The last time we saw a bowler bowl mid-to-high 130's with a little tiny bit of movement in the PSL, it was H.Ali in 2016.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All these bowlers with low to mid 130s avg are of no use, you got to be hitting 140 avg at least in T20. None of them look fast bowlers...

Shaheen Afridi and Musa are the only bowlers capable of national team. Pakistan need couple of 140 clicks bowlers. In PSL every team should had at least one 140 clicks Pakistani bowler, they are all 10 clicks slower 🙄🙄🙄

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    All these bowlers with low to mid 130s avg are of no use, you got to be hitting 140 avg at least in T20. None of them look fast bowlers...

Shaheen Afridi and Musa are the only bowlers capable of national team. Pakistan need couple of 140 clicks bowlers. In PSL every team should had at least one 140 clicks Pakistani bowler, they are all 10 clicks slower 🙄🙄🙄
    You think he's reached his full potential pace wise? Even Hasan Ali was a mid 130 bowler before he was selected for internationals.

I personally think this kid could be a good bowler for us.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    You think he's reached his full potential pace wise? Even Hasan Ali was a mid 130 bowler before he was selected for internationals.

I personally think this kid could be a good bowler for us.
    Most of these bowlers action is geared for medium pacer, not forceful enough. Sameen, Umaid, Rahat, Abbas, Raees etc does not have fast bowler action nor they are fast bowler.

Where as Wahab, Amir, Hasan, Shanwari, Musa have fast bowlers action. They can gain more speed with fitness and over time. Shaheen Afridi needs more work(he collapse at the end that needs to be fixed, rest is pretty good), but he is 6’6”, you cannot expect him to be ready at 17/18. Strac took 2/3 years to move from ~138 to 148, when he reached there, he was world best. So there is lot of upside potential to Afridi, he has attitude too, PCB and Pakistan need to spend there resources on both Afridi and Musa to make sure they make it. I am disappointed at not seeing Musa in PSL, I still hope he come in for Raees 🤞🏼, he is also a good hitter too and has a Pathan attitude too(both Afridi and Musa)

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs to get closer to the stumps and work on his follow through. Good height and decent spell. Needs a good mentor and M. Akram is not a bad one to have around, tbh.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good decent backup bowler but not really a standout prospect.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way is he 19. Waste of time investing in him wasn't really bowling that good too. Flatter decks against tougher bowlers he will be toyed with. Just a run of the mill trundler.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 2nd March 2018 at 10:57.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowled alright but hard to get excited, just doesn't have any aura around him or any standout aspect to hope to polish

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another trundler.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Doing well after being knocked about

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He bowls a heavy ball.

I'm not convinced that the speed guns are correct at the PSL but this lad looks quicker than what the speed guns are showing.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Good spell today in a must win game.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top bouncers and bowled well especially to left handers.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    He bowls a heavy ball.

I'm not convinced that the speed guns are correct at the PSL but this lad looks quicker than what the speed guns are showing.
    Those bouncers to Nawaz and Sarfaraz were quick for definite. Sarfaraz was hurried into his shot and made a critical error. He has touched 142KPH already in the tournament and otherwise consistently bowls 135-138KPH

Smart thinking bowler and a very good fielder

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another fine bowling performance

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an express bowler but his action allows him better control and seam movement, could be a useful bowler in limited over cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i felt he was bowling at good pace and swinging it both ways. He has improved immensely as the tournament has progressed. He doesnt look out of place at this level. Could have a hasan ali like rise in a year.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i felt he was bowling at good pace and swinging it both ways. He has improved immensely as the tournament has progressed. He doesnt look out of place at this level. Could have a hasan ali like rise in a year.

No he isn't that good.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressed with him>IT shows UAE is not a place to judge fast bowlers,Can be a real deal in an year if PCB get him under their wings.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    [/B]

No he isn't that good.
    Can be .You never know.Can swing it both ways,His speed is more than hassan ahd in first PSL.Has height as well.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His Seam position was perfect today.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Can be .You never know.Can swing it both ways,His speed is more than hassan ahd in first PSL.Has height as well.
    In UAE looked like another trundler to be honest still dont rate him have to see him few times more to be convinced

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hate when people judge a player off 1 match, whether they are good or bad. He clearly has potential, swing, height, decent pace, age on his side.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has impressed in the PSL. Something to work with.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Like the guy. Umaid is another good one, but unfortunately age is not on his side.
    @Chief Destroyer thoughts on Sameen?

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmirilion View Post
    In UAE looked like another trundler to be honest still dont rate him have to see him few times more to be convinced
    Yes slow and low pitches.He was swinging it beautifully today with bounce and good seam position.Pace was up.He is Shinwari by caste.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719 please upload his spell today.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Like the guy. Umaid is another good one, but unfortunately age is not on his side.
    @Chief Destroyer thoughts on Sameen?
    Good backup bowler. Good height, good control, hits the deck hard, decent pace.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sameen Gul took 4 wickets for 31 runs.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sameen Gul took 5 wickets for 50 runs.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    His pace looks to have increased. Gets Farhan with a 140kph ball, many deliveries high 130s.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have always liked this boy. T20 isn't a format to judge bowlers so it's unfair on him. Hits the deck hard, seams the bowl in both direction, and is able to swing the ball in favorable conditions too.

I'm unsure what his average pace is in First Class cricket but there's a lot of potential here.

Someone worth investing in.

Azaadi. InshAllah.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    His pace looks to have increased. Gets Farhan with a 140kph ball, many deliveries high 130s.
    Wow, that’s great. He is still very young so this is very promising. All of the sudden the the fast bowling departement looks much better. Spinners remain a worry though.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good pace today from Sameen Gul as well, he was touching 140s.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    I have always liked this boy. T20 isn't a format to judge bowlers so it's unfair on him. Hits the deck hard, seams the bowl in both direction, and is able to swing the ball in favorable conditions too.

I'm unsure what his average pace is in First Class cricket but there's a lot of potential here.

Someone worth investing in.
    Good prospect with the red ball? Anyone in our domestic structure who bowls seam up can swing it but if this guy can bowl those paces and still get the ball to do some then yes he is someone worth investing in especially for the the longer form of the game.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Easily the most impressive young talent after Haris Rauf in this year PSL, he looks like a ideal test prospect in the making, bowl with a soft gentle action and still bowls in high 130s without even putting effort, he can swing the red bowl both ways, I think he can do what Ehsan Adil was supposed to do. Keeping an eye on him.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has the potential to bowl in 140-145+ kphs and can swing/seam it both ways as well. He is taller than Musa , Illyas et al. A real deal indeed.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Crazy how he's only 20. He should keep working on his game, he will most likely find himself in the pakistan team before he turns 25

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's something I really like about him.

Meanwhile Kamran Akmal is doing his best to ruin another bowler's career...

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Considering some of the average fast bowlers that have been given T20i debuts in the past few years, Sameen can truly stake a claim at international cricket.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dont like him at all.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before criticising Sameen, hope people remember Kamran Akmal dropped Johnson Charles off Sameen's bowling in the previous over.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    144kph by Sameen.