Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Haris Sohail marks competitive cricket return with a century [update#103]

This video was taken recently at Kent County Cricket Club's indoor nets.

Haris Sohail has been in the UK for a few weeks now in order to sort out the injury problems he has had over the last 18 or so months.

He has been working with the medical staff of a leading professional football club in England and it seems he has finally been looked at by professionals who know what they are doing, rather than people who are guessing and wasting his time and giving him the wrong advice and guidance.

I've been informed that Haris' future regarding his injury looks promising and that he needs to continue his rehab and ensure that he continues with the training regimes he has been given.

I've also learnt that he will not need further surgery if he continues with his correct rehab program.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Can someone interpret the conversation though, looks like someone was not happy with him going for a big shot and Haris was not happy with the remark either.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    For those interested - no he didn't need the operation in UAE and shouldn't have been sent there.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see him in the hands of professionals.

Best batting talent in our country! Can't wait to see him back

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great to see him batting again.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Saj any chance of an interview with him ?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mz123 View Post
    @Saj any chance of an interview with him ?
    Let's see. I can't promise anything though.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dat first shot tho

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news .I like him a lot as a batsman.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Well he cant do any worse than some of the current lot. We have had plenty of hopes from bowlers, now we need something something similar for batsmen as well

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I'm told that the bowling machine had been cranked up to 85mph for this session.

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I'm told that the bowling machine had been cranked up to 85mph for this session.
    Mashallah, he was looking good in the video

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    For those interested - no he didn't need the operation in UAE and shouldn't have been sent there.

1. Did he need an Operation to sort out his Knee trouble ?

2. Did the operation went fine ?

3. UAE was a wrong choice or operation was a wrong choice ?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post

I dont think Haris checked Google and found a good deal for a knee operation ie he was only acting on advice given to him. Who gave that advice is the question.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post

No
    No
    Operation was wrong.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No
    No
    Operation was wrong.
    That is horrific to hear.

Surely, some of those involved need to be fired for almost ending a young mans livelihood.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barragan View Post
    That is horrific to hear.

Surely, some of those involved need to be fired for almost ending a young mans livelihood.
    They've probably been promoted

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    No
    No
    Operation was wrong.
    I'm no surgeon - the only operation I ever did as a junior doctor was a pilonidal sinus!

But I can't see how this could happen.

Firstly, the surgeon must have examined him before the operation. He would have seen what was wrong and needed repairing.

Secondly, if you get under way with an operation and the ligament is not torn, surely you are just going to close the incision up and stop. You can't repair a ligament that isn't damaged - it makes no sense. How would you do that?

As @MMHS explains below, something else is going on.

Haris was always overweight, and I think he probably has premature osteoarthritis from bearing too much weight on his knee and from playing through injuries with the help of painkillers. There is not much that can be done surgically for that - just rest and a new career.

I don't hold out much hope for Haris Sohail. He is almost 28 and is unlikely ever to regain enough fitness to be a professional sportsman.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I'm no surgeon - the only operation I ever did as a junior doctor was a pilonidal sinus!

But I can't see how this could happen.

Firstly, the surgeon must have examined him before the operation. He would have seen what was wrong and needed repairing.

Secondly, if you get under way with an operation and the ligament is not torn, surely you are just going to close the incision up and stop. You can't repair a ligament that isn't damaged - it makes no sense. How would you do that?

As @MMHS explains below, something else is going on.

Haris was always overweight, and I think he probably has premature osteoarthritis from bearing too much weight on his knee and from playing through injuries with the help of painkillers. There is not much that can be done surgically for that - just rest and a new career.

I don't hold out much hope for Haris Sohail. He is almost 28 and is unlikely ever to regain enough fitness to be a professional sportsman.
    lots of ifs in your post above. Decision tree takes a dark turn at every wrong decision...

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he is playing the bowling machine which is set at 85mph like that then facing bowlers like Rahat and Imran will be child's play for him.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I dont think Haris checked Google and found a good deal for a knee operation ie he was only acting on advice given to him. Who gave that advice is the question.

The same medical panel ruined Junaid Khan and Umar Gul aswell. Both had Stuart Broad like injuries and how he came back after 5 months witj same effectiveness and what happened with Umar Gul and Junaid Khan. Have been saying for the last 18 months that PCB's medical panel is inept.

When Junaid Khan's knee filled up with fluid that was the high time to sack the Panel but nothing happened.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No
    No
    Operation was wrong.
    This means he has been robbed 1.5-2 years of his career by the panel who was assisting him, They should be sued and charged on health basis as well since they recommended surgery even though it wasn't required.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hence he will be in the Peshawar Zalmi's playing XI. Smart move by them

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why don't our batsman practice on these hard pitches to get accustomed to fast bowling. Remember no matter how fast the ball is bowled from the hand, most of it's energy is lost during the impact with the pitch. Therefore if you can some how reduce the energy lost during the impact with the pitch then even a 130kph bowl will seem to the batsman to be in excess of 140kph (remember this speed is the speed of the ball being released and not the speed at which the batsman is receiving the ball).

The way to reduce energy lost during impact is making a hard, cement pitch (the harder the material the more resistance to impact hence absorbs lesser momentum of the ball). However, one drawback is the ball doesn't do anything when pitched on a cement pitch and comes straight on with no seam movement and this may hamper a batsman's ability to play balls with lateral movement.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good signs, inshallah he is back soon. Him and Babar at 3 and 4 in odis and tests would be ideal.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No
    No
    Operation was wrong.

OMG.

Very unfortunate :-/

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Why don't our batsman practice on these hard pitches to get accustomed to fast bowling. Remember no matter how fast the ball is bowled from the hand, most of it's energy is lost during the impact with the pitch. Therefore if you can some how reduce the energy lost during the impact with the pitch then even a 130kph bowl will seem to the batsman to be in excess of 140kph (remember this speed is the speed of the ball being released and not the speed at which the batsman is receiving the ball).

The way to reduce energy lost during impact is making a hard, cement pitch (the harder the material the more resistance to impact hence absorbs lesser momentum of the ball). However, one drawback is the ball doesn't do anything when pitched on a cement pitch and comes straight on with no seam movement and this may hamper a batsman's ability to play balls with lateral movement.
    There is no movement. Hence he barely moves his feet to play shot with ball coming onto bat. However bat speed looks fantastic from Haris

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Great news, happy for the youngman, as I do feel sorry for him - should have been PAK No. 4 in ODI from 1st April 2011 & may be Test No. 5 from 2012. I like his batting technique & style - it's Amin with lots of guts & composure OR Fawad with a cricket batsman's look😩

Key question is - when he is going to play his first FC match? I don't trust PCB's fitness report - it's difficult to manage when you are triple qualified - incompetent, corrupt & egoistic. Neither I trust claims from PAK players - Irfan, JK, MoHa, Maqsood, Gul, Sohail .... all claimed that they are fit & PCB also selected them with fitness "certificate". Now, fit Asif is resting for 10 weeks after one match of 43 overs.

In cricket, I don't believe in bip/bop/top/lop .... Test results. For me, a batsman is fit if he can bat for 6 hours & then come back for next day for another 6 hours fight - which PCB' super fit Misbah can't do (check his over night scores); while for fast bowlers - his 3rd spell of the day & 2nd innings bowling tells me more than every report.

Sounds funny - but the 3 of the fittest player in cricket for me are Walshi, Tendulkar & Warne - I was never impressed with 6 pack of Watto ... while Merv Hughes was fitter than any current PAK player by some margin in his playing days, because he could bowl fast & hostile in 15th session of a Test, after 45 overs in previous 3/4 days.

Haris is unfit not for the injury only - @Junaids can explain better - his body weight is too much for his knee/ankle joints & his ligaments are not tight enough to carry his body mass - it can be some sort of authorities as well, for which his diet had to change 10 years back. If he reduces body weight, his batting will go as he'll lose his natural body balance upon which he has learned batting for 20 years; while with this structure & soft joints/tissues, he won't last long in international cricket. At 30+, it'll not improve much unfortunately whatever he does - I'll never pick him unless he has couple of 8 hours innings - still completed the match & fit enough for next round.

Besides, PAK players hardly do any stressing exercise of soft tissues at younger age, hence no one has a decent ham-string, calf & groin muscles for a pro cricketer - Haris is exposed because he is carrying 15 kg more - most others are not much better either; apart from YK, and Malik; not sure how many has adequate "batting" fitness - they are managing because of less body mass (but not less fat), hence "power" has gone out of PAK cricket - players struggle to clear 60 metre boundaries, even in NZ.

Players like Hayden, Boon, Lehman, Flintoff, Kallis, Streak, Cairns, Tendulkar, Warne, Hughes, Garner ... were over weight also; but they built their joints & ligaments to carry that mass from younger age with proper workouts & diet - Haris didn't & his FC system didn't demand that either. Zaheer Abbas won't have lasted 5 years had he not gone to Gloster by the age of 23.

Really feel sorry for the young man - could have scored 20K international runs at better than 45 combined average.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope we will be realistic in our expectations regarding Haris. He will be coming after a big gap and not likely to scores tons of runs right away. He also has his limitations, not the fittest player and a lousy fielder.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Hope we will be realistic in our expectations regarding Haris. He will be coming after a big gap and not likely to scores tons of runs right away. He also has his limitations, not the fittest player and a lousy fielder.
    theres no way he is coming back before 2017-end anyway

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The fact is had this happened in England or Australia heads would have rolled at the ECB or CA.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wow how did PCB even get a pro football club to work with him anyway? Sounds like something out of their reach.

Then again when you have a pretty good talent on your hands you'll try every method to get him up and running again.

Good to hear (literally, because the audio plays, but video doesn't )

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Wow how did PCB even get a pro football club to work with him anyway? Sounds like something out of their reach.

Then again when you have a pretty good talent on your hands you'll try every method to get him up and running again.

Good to hear (literally, because the audio plays, but video doesn't )
    click on daily motion and see video there

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    It wasn't something that PCB organised. You are right it would have been beyond them.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Montreal-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news this, he will be a good addition to our team at 4.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Forget the operation, the way PCB handled his whole career has been a joke.

I remember reading Haris Sohail's name back before 2013, he was amongest the top scorers of the First Class season,he had a fantastic record, and yet he was ignored for many years.

The only reason he was selected in the national team was when selectors saw his performance in the domestic T20 game where the Sialkots stallions played another foreign domestic t20 team where Haris performed.

It baffles me that this guy was selected due to a performance in a t20 game which was was broadcasted on Tv. It made me wonder, those guys who perform in first class and even in List A, but don't get selected as they never have played in a t20 game which are broadcasted.

Anyways, he gets into international performs in the world cup, then he gets injured and now we are finding out that someone from the PCB most probably, sent him to the wrong doctors.

And to be honest, i'm not even surprised. Doctors in Pakistan lack knowledge about sports and most probably sports medicine.

I go to this army doctor whenever i get sick and he tells me how cricket is no help to fitness and is a waste of time, it gives you an idea of how they look at this sport and how they would look at sports related injury

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Forget the operation, the way PCB handled his whole career has been a joke.

I remember reading Haris Sohail's name back before 2013, he was amongest the top scorers of the First Class season,he had a fantastic record, and yet he was ignored for many years.

The only reason he was selected in the national team was when selectors saw his performance in the domestic T20 game where the Sialkots stallions played another foreign domestic t20 team where Haris performed.

It baffles me that this guy was selected due to a performance in a t20 game which was was broadcasted on Tv. It made me wonder, those guys who perform in first class and even in List A, but don't get selected as they never have played in a t20 game which are broadcasted.

Anyways, he gets into international performs in the world cup, then he gets injured and now we are finding out that someone from the PCB most probably, sent him to the wrong doctors.

And to be honest, i'm not even surprised. Doctors in Pakistan lack knowledge about sports and most probably sports medicine.

I go to this army doctor whenever i get sick and he tells me how cricket is no help to fitness and is a waste of time, it gives you an idea of how they look at this sport and how they would look at sports related injury
    That was against Hampshire.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ayy, one of my favorite Pakistani batsmen, come back strong

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great to see him back, seems quite random that he's working with Crystal Palace (IIRC I saw a video of him there) but it looks like it's working out for him.

If that machine is at 85mph then it that's some excellent progress.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope he gets back to the international groove soon. Pakistan needs another dashing batsman to support Babar.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    696 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Haris looking good there and much fitter than what he was when he played for Pakistan which really shows the lack of acumen that most Pakistani cricketers, particularly domestic players exhibit - international Cricket quite often leads to packed schedules and players need to be as fit as possible in order to recover for the next match but also to perform to the best of their ability.

It remains to be seen if Haris will make it back to the top, hope he can manage to play a season of Cricket without getting injured and if form is good and he doesn't have to take any pain killers to play each match, then he should eventually get a berth in the national squad once again. I don't see anything happening anytime soon, however if he makes a splash at the 2017 PSL like Sharjeel Khan, then he may be fast-tracked into the LOI teams. However, again that is entirely dependent on if he has fully recovered and his rehabilitation is complete prior to the start of the tournament. The best of luck to him though.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    And now with Haris returning to Pakistan, a key stage of his rehab starts.

It's down to him and the PCB now to ensure that all the hard work put in over the past few weeks is not wasted.

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And now with Haris returning to Pakistan, a key stage of his rehab starts.

It's down to him and the PCB now to ensure that all the hard work put in over the past few weeks is not wasted.
    why is he returning now ?

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2nd best batsman in Pakistan after Babar. Need him back ASAP. When Misbah and Younis retire from Test cricket, he should be one of the replacements along with Babar. Should bat at 3 in ODI cricket. Sharjeel, Babar and Haris is an ideal ODI top 3.

Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any chance he will be back for the AUS odis...

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Update on Haris Sohail: Pakistan and Peshawar Zalmi batsman Haris Sohail is back in Lahore and is set to resume training at the NCA. The batsman who was plagued by a long standing knee injury has made a good recovery and has started batting practice and running. Haris has plans of playing in the upcoming National One Day tournament for Islamabad. PZ Director Cricket and Head coach Mohammad Akram he welcomed Haris' return. In a message Akram called him the future of Pakistan and PZ. He added that he will be keeping a close eye on his progress and impending return to domestic cricket. We at PZ wish Haris the very best and hope to see him come out all guns blazing in the PSL 2017.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Update on Haris Sohail: Pakistan and Peshawar Zalmi batsman Haris Sohail is back in Lahore and is set to resume training at the NCA. The batsman who was plagued by a long standing knee injury has made a good recovery and has started batting practice and running. Haris has plans of playing in the upcoming National One Day tournament for Islamabad. PZ Director Cricket and Head coach Mohammad Akram he welcomed Haris' return. In a message Akram called him the future of Pakistan and PZ. He added that he will be keeping a close eye on his progress and impending return to domestic cricket. We at PZ wish Haris the very best and hope to see him come out all guns blazing in the PSL 2017.
    http://www.firstpost.com/sports/****...y-3152684.html

This article says the complete opposite.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post

False, according to Peshawar Zalmi.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very good news i hope every thing goes according to plan!!!!

. Haris has plans of playing in the upcoming National One Day tournament for Islamabad
    islamabad region first match is on January 8 i hope he will play

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...plate=fixtures

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Any chance he will be back for the AUS odis...
    Bhai kis dunya mai rehtay ho

He hasn't played ANY cricket for 1.5 years and you want him back for Oz ODIs?

Earliest we'll see Haris returning is summer 2017

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He still might be needing a resurrective operation.

Next 6 months will be key.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Him and Babar will be our Inzi and Youhana.

I can't wait till I see both of them in the middle striking at 85+ SR effortlessly.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder what would have happened had poor Harry not relied on the incompetent PCB and taken upon himself to get back to walking condition.

I bet he would have playing in Australia right now.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.dawnnews.tv/news/1048534/

haris sohail confirmation for the fake news

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    wont be playing any cricket for most of next year: I stand by my guess.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What actually happened to haris sohail regarding his injury and surgery? and where did surgery took place? pls explain anyone

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmiri_Pak_fan View Post
    What actually happened to haris sohail regarding his injury and surgery? and where did surgery took place? pls explain anyone
    His surgery, which he did not need, took place in Dubai.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks saj bhai....can you pls give info about squads of pak national oneday cup of departments

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmiri_Pak_fan View Post
    thanks saj bhai....can you pls give info about squads of pak national oneday cup of departments
    No information yet.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How can someone injure themselves that bad?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any fresh updates?/

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    any fresh updates?/
    Probably still continuing with his rehab at the NCA - he said he wants to play in the Regional One-Day Cup which is next month.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Punjab
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wish him well.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see Babar and Haris bat together in ODIs at numbers 3 and 4. Two of the best batsmen we have produced in the last decade and it would be wonderful for them to achieve their potential before our eyes.

However, they both can go the Umar Akmal route and regress like there is no tomorrow.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see Babar and Haris bat together in ODIs at numbers 3 and 4. Two of the best batsmen we have produced in the last decade and it would be wonderful for them to achieve their potential before our eyes.

However, they both can go the Umar Akmal route and regress like there is no tomorrow.
    Their game or mental aptitude is not comparable to Umar's.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any update on haris? The test team badly needs him after misbah and younis. He walks straight into ODI side.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Any update on haris? The test team badly needs him after misbah and younis. He walks straight into ODI side.
    He is working at the NCA in Lahore on his rehab. Let's see if he makes it to playing in the One-Day Cup.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how does he walk straight into any side when you havent seen if the injury has affected his performance or ability?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The moment they hit a 100 run partnership will be the moment we will sky rocket towards glory.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    The moment they hit a 100 run partnership will be the moment we will sky rocket towards glory.
    Neither will get a shot in the odi team.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Neither will get a shot in the odi team.
    Ummm Babar is already a permanent member of the ODI side

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ummm Babar is already a permanent member of the ODI side
    Talking about umar akmal and Harris

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    MALASYIA CRICKET TEAM TOUR TO PAKISTAN

SECOND MATCH

January 10, 2016

***GADDAFI STADIUM, LAHORE

Malaysia: 216-10 in 41.1 overs (Virandeep Singh 55, 6x4s, 61 balls, Suharril Fitri 37, 4x4s, 63 balls, Anwar Arudin 26, 4x4s, 1x6, 14 balls, Fikri Makram 4x4s, 21 balls, Salman Irshad 4-33, Haris Sohail 3-13, Rashid Iqbal 2-38)

NCA youth XI: 217-3 in 37.3 overs (Haris Sohail 119*, 13x4s, 3x6s, 112 balls, Muhammad Saleem 30*, 1x4, 1x6, 44 balls, Nasir Nawaz 24, 4x4s, 30 balls, Syed Aziz 1-29, Virandeep Singh 1-20, Suharril Fitri 1-51)

Result: NCA youth XI won by 7 wickets

Toss: Malaysia

Umpires: Waleed Yaqoob & Imran Abbas

Scorer: Waqar Ahmad

Haris Sohail marks competitive cricket return with a century

Haris Sohail’s unbeaten 119 runs off 112 balls guided NCA Youth XI to the second successive victory over Malaysia cricket team here at the Gaddafi stadium, Lahore. Earlier in the day, Ahmad Faiz, captain of Malaysia cricket team after winning the toss elected to bat first, but the batsmen failed to capitalize on the decision and the whole team was bundled out for 216 inside 42 overs. Virandeep Singh scored 55 runs off 61 balls with six boundaries for the visiting team. Salman Arshad was the most successful bowler for NCA Youth XI with 4 wickets for 33 runs. Haris Sohail also chipped in and took 3 wickets for 13 runs in three overs. Chasing 217 to win, the NCA Youth XI lost its first wicket with a score of 29 on the board, but Haris Sohail came to the party and played some delightful shots which included 13 fours and 3 magnificent sixes in a knock of unbeaten 119 runs off 112 balls.

The NCA Youth XI won the match by seven wickets and leads three-match series two-nil.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Haris gets fit and begin to play like he used to, Pak can afford to drop Nawaz and play a specialist batsmen at #7, which will be awesome!
    Last edited by SARJ_BD; 24th December 2016 at 02:04.

Pakistan fan from Bangladesh.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is working at the NCA in Lahore on his rehab. Let's see if he makes it to playing in the One-Day Cup.
    Thanks

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    how does he walk straight into any side when you havent seen if the injury has affected his performance or ability?
    He had more or less established his place in the side before he got injured. He had shown that he belongs at this level. Such players are usually given a chance to play in the national side straight away. For example pat cummins.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had more or less established his place in the side before he got injured. He had shown that he belongs at this level. Such players are usually given a chance to play in the national side straight away. For example pat cummins.
    1) he isnt pat cummins
    2) by far and away th most common result after major injury is a loss of skill/form
    3) whether he was established at the international level prior to injury is completely irrelevant, that was before injury and has no bearing whatsoever on what his skills will be like post injury.

he isnt an automatic choice anywhere.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Evertime Pat Cummins has made return to Australian team he has proved his form and performance in domestic cricket and than returned.

Once Haris is fully fit I expect him to return and perform well (InshaAllah) but this is not a certainty. He has to play domestic cricket and prove his form and performance in few matches and than return.

I still have doubts regarding his knee. I hope I am wrong but I have a gut feeling that He might need a resurrective surgery and still after that either He will be fuly match fit or only good enough for T20's. Just look at his Rehab time ? Its highly highly unusual.

I hope and pray that my gut feeling is unrealistic and is proven false.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n