Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia should invite Bangladesh instead, not a great test team but will give some fight and they can't have the worst and older captain.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    What kind of logic is this ? England have been beaten 5-0 in two out of their last three tours of Australia - should you stop inviting England for tours ? Ah no, because you want the $$$ for the Ashes so that's OK.

Should Asian teams stop inviting Australia since they've lost 9 out of their last 9 Tests in Asia ?

See where this ends up. Chappelli should be pensioned off anyway, seems to be losing his marbles especially after that Rabada village comment.
    Lol what village comment?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Firstly, I'm readily accepting of the fact Pakistan have been atrocious in Aistralia in recent years. Its a truly awful record.

But aren't the double standards interesting ? When an Asian team fails outside Asia - they need to restructure their entire cricket system and cannot be rated as a good side.

If a Western team loses in Asia, which they have more often than not recently, ah what you gonna do. I guess they're the better side "in THESE conditions" and you know what the Asians are like, they must've doctored the pitches.

It smacks of a superiority complex and too many Asian fans buy into it. Sadly this is an era of cricket where teams seemingly are lions at home and kittens abroad.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Lol what village comment?
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket...3a781aa5e3f6bd

FORMER Australian Test captain Ian Chappell has come under fire for a comment that has offended South African viewers watching the first Test at the WACA.

Chappell was commenting on play for Channel 9 when South African rising star Kagiso Rabada skittled the Australian middle order and snared a five-wicket haul.

Chappell was full of praise for the talented 21-year-old and joined fellow commentator Ian Healy in labelling the quick a future superstar of the game.

He said he was stunned by Rabada’s raw talent and pace at such a young age.

Unfortunately, Chappell didn’t leave it at that.

When Healy asked him how Rabada could have developed such speed in his bowling, Chappell replied: “You’d have to ask all the batsman in his village”.

Rabada grew up in Johannesburg where he attended the prestigious St Stithians Boys College. His father is a neurosurgeon.
    Johannesburg must be a pretty big village.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket...3a781aa5e3f6bd

Johannesburg must be a pretty big village.
    What an idiot Is this racism or just stupidity?

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves.

If a subcontinent team plays in Sri Lanka, or Bangladesh or even West Indies, nobody really counts it as "away".

You're not a minnow team. When we mention away, it's clear we mean unfamiliar conditions, which are not similar to the ones found in your home country.

The only true alien conditions SC teams get are mostly Australia, South Africa and England (when it's swinging). All SC fans consider this criteria as away.

For Australia, they have the most terrible, horrendous record in their unfamiliar conditions - entire ASIA!

Don't go for stats blindly.
    Sorry but Australia win more matches away from home than most teams and statistics tell the true story not what people want to make up to make up.

You can come up with all the excuses but facts are facts.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well he is Australian, so I won't rule out the first reason

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just sarcasm gone wrong.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why ? Pak did play some decent cricket but the problem was up and down inconsistency. The gap was too big between good and bad cricket.

This tour came after 7 years in any case and Test cricket Will be even more threatened.

If anything Pak should be invited every 4 years and then I'm sure it will be more competitive.

Why does India get invited every 3 years when they are not much better ? Just because it's easy Tv money ?

Pakistan smashed the Aussies in 2014 in the UAE but no one talkes about not inviting them them then.

Trust me Chappell has a soft corner for Pakistan but he's only saying these things because he's not happy with the fight they have shown. I know after somehow losing the Sydney 2010 Test he seemed as devestated as the Pak supporters were.
    Last edited by 90MPH; 7th January 2017 at 18:03.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, I'm readily accepting of the fact Pakistan have been atrocious in Aistralia in recent years. Its a truly awful record.

But aren't the double standards interesting ? When an Asian team fails outside Asia - they need to restructure their entire cricket system and cannot be rated as a good side.

If a Western team loses in Asia, which they have more often than not recently, ah what you gonna do. I guess they're the better side "in THESE conditions" and you know what the Asians are like, they must've doctored the pitches.

It smacks of a superiority complex and too many Asian fans buy into it. Sadly this is an era of cricket where teams seemingly are lions at home and kittens abroad.
    quite true. This recent Eng series in India was a great example of that ... Even after Eng got hammered soundly despite winning most tosses and batting first on good batting surfaces and putting up big 1st inngs totals of over 400. It particularly annoys me when the like of Sunny and the shouting Shastri , Ganguly join in and provide more validation to these views by making careless statements. Asian teams/fans are good at scoring self goals.

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If we aren't competitive in 2019 than surely it would be the End for 5 years atleast.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This goes without saying but we, mainly South Asians, do consider this a blight when we lose abroad. Losing heavily, of course gets harsher reactions especially from the home fans.

The narrative however these days is that "in these conditions" i.e. Asia where the Asian sides doctor pitches, bunsen burners & raging turners, to beat better oppositions like SA/Eng/Aus & perhaps NZ as well. So they get to say that the conditions or pitches beat them, not the opposition.

Let's see what Chappel says if the Aussies do 11-nil in India
    Last edited by R0H1T; 7th January 2017 at 19:43.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    This goes without saying but we, mainly South Asians, do consider this a blight when we lose abroad. Losing heavily, of course gets harsher reactions especially from the home fans.

The narrative however these days is that "in these conditions" i.e. Asia where the Asian sides doctor pitches, bunsen burners & raging turners, to beat better oppositions like SA/Eng/Aus & perhaps NZ as well. So they get to say that the conditions or pitches beat them, not the opposition.

Let's see what Chappel says if the Aussies do 11-nil in India
    Who needs enemies if asians are dissing against each other saying others home track bullies where as aus and eng celebrate home wins and hype their teams as world beaters particularly england

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

"Australia Should Stop Inviting Pakistan if they play like this" :Chappell

Been very harsh

Also says 'Misbah was not inspirational at all.'

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's right about the Misbah part.

Chappell at times talks absolute rubbish.Guess India should stop inviting Australia and Pakistan should stop inviting England to the UAE.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Aamchimumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Been very harsh

Also says 'Misbah was not inspirational at all.'
    Will it be a vice-versa thing? I mean Australia would stop touring UAE?

B.Kumar..... Fastest trundler in the universe

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    If we aren't competitive in 2019 than surely it would be the End for 5 years atleast.
    We are there every 5-6 years anyway
    1999-2004-2010-2016

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Aamchimumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Pakistan toured 5 times in last 20 years..... 1995-6, 1999-2000, 2004-5, 2009-10, 20016-17
    India toured 5 times as well.... 1999-0, 2003-4, 2007-8, 20011-2, 2014-5. Only addition was 2016 ODI series. Otherwise I think its same number of chances that both got.

B.Kumar..... Fastest trundler in the universe

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Did he say the same about WI last year?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Australia are still invited to Asia where they are poor, than why will they stop Asian teams from visiting?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridibans_16 View Post
    Well Pakistan toured 5 times in last 20 years..... 1995-6, 1999-2000, 2004-5, 2009-10, 20016-17
    India toured 5 times as well.... 1999-0, 2003-4, 2007-8, 20011-2, 2014-5. Only addition was 2016 ODI series. Otherwise I think its same number of chances that both got.
    We toured 1991-2 as well.

Edit - I guess that goes beyond 20 years.

My bad.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    San Francisco /CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has a point though . I am am a die hard Pakistan fan and I stopped watching after day 3 of Test 2 as i knew then tt it was all over and we would be hammered. We all know it. test 3 was a farce I am told as there was no fight left .

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well then Australia would not get to tour anywhere, not even SA after the thrashing they got there in ODI's.

Maybe Chappel just loves trolling fans.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    Well then Australia would not get to tour anywhere, not even SA after the thrashing they got there in ODI's.

Maybe Chappel just loves trolling fans.
    The side which went to SA ODIs was honestly an Aussie C team

I think a full strength one will win easily in ODIs

They are clearly head and shoulders above any ODI team

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all the naysayers: Would Pakistan pull off a draw like this in Australia next year?

Heck, Australia even won a test on their most recent India tour.

Also, for next summer, NZ has been picked over Pakistan for Australia to play their boxing day and new year's test.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
    For all the naysayers: Would Pakistan pull off a draw like this in Australia next year?

Heck, Australia even won a test on their most recent India tour.

Also, for next summer, NZ has been picked over Pakistan for Australia to play their boxing day and new year's test.
    It's not like Pakistan had a dedicated spot for the boxing day and new year's test.... The opposition for that test match keeps changing.

Also while we were on the top we nearly pulled off a win(not a draw) last time we were there chasing 450 odd.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan haven't won a Test in Oz even with their star studded past teams.

2010 Tour some players fixed the Sydney Test and deliberately underperformed. It was horrific.

2016 Tour Oz declared in 4 out of 5 Test innings played. Hardly a contest. So it will take some performing before Pakistan gets the Boxing Day spots back.