Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS] Lockie Ferguson - Performance Watch

Seems ok

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    In your head
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    From the limited times ive seen him bowl he was quite pacey. Probably in the 140s.

Has been inproving a lot the last season and and a half

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looked sharp on you tube hope he does well, but exactly how quick he is????

jos butler a hockey player???

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by speedking View Post
    looked sharp on you tube hope he does well, but exactly how quick he is????
    Gavin Larsen the selector said he regularly bowls in the 140s and can on occasion crank it to 150.

From that I would expect 142-145 range

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    looked to be around 86-88mph

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has a nice bowling action, action looks a bit like Matt Henry

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Lockie Ferguson clocked at 155kph

Bowling fast to a big crowd had Lockie Ferguson hooked before he'd even left school.

As a 16-year-old, before a near full house at Wellington's Basin Reserve during an England cricket test in 2008, Ferguson chased the title of New Zealand's quickest secondary school bowler.

An original field of 600, in a nationwide search to find the new Shane Bond, was whittled down to the final few.

He ran second, by 1kmh. His conqueror, an Auckland Grammar schoolmate one year ahead, is now a New Zealand team-mate who'll join Ferguson on the plane to Australia next week to defend the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy.

"Jimmy [Neesham] actually pipped me," Ferguson recalled.

"That was pretty cool, during a test match down there and we had a full crowd surrounding our run-ups. It was the first time I'd experienced anything like that.

"In the final I was 132kmh and he got 133 with his last ball. He bowled a beamer and he beat me. That's how things go, he was sort of my big brother through school."

The speed gun and Ferguson have flirted ever since, with New Zealand Cricket nodding in approval from afar. In September at Lincoln, for the Emerging Players pre-season matches against the New Zealand XI, the radar confirmed what everyone knew. He can be rapid with Kookaburra in hand.

"They had some software there and I don't know how accurate it was, but I got clocked at 155kmh and 153 which I was pretty happy with. It was coming out OK that day."

The ability to bowl fast is only gifted to a few. Genetics gave Ferguson a strong headstart, with mother Jan a sprinter and netballer and father Doug a rugby playing sporting allrounder.

And in echoes of Ben Wheeler, another future Black Cap who contested that school fast bowling competition, Ferguson scrapped in brutal backyard tests against an older sibling.

Brother Mitch, four years older, was a star at Auckland Grammar.

"My brother was a quick bowler and naturally I wanted to be better than him. Since I was a young fella I tried to bowl quick. I opened the batting too and tried for the best of both worlds.

"I used to play a lot of cricket with his mates, playing against the older boys and we had a lot of very competitive, aggressive backyard battles for sure."

Young Lockie was pitched into the first XI at the end of the fourth form, his pace already turning heads.

But no fast bowler's story is complete without injuries. Ferguson rattles off a few: stress fracture at 18, side strains, torn obliques. Then there was one he thought had ended his career in the 2012-13 season, caused by his back foot landing on his toes.

"I had a foot blowout which was apparently a freak accident. The pressure of one spike must have gone through the joint capsule and it burst and basically messed up all the soft tissue on my right foot.

"I had surgery and was out for four months and there was a lot of talk I might not be able to play again because it might keep blowing out. It took a bit to come back from that, with the rehab and then I was just lucky in the sense that it's holding up allright."

At age 25 Ferguson's career comprises just 22 first-class matches, 14 Twenty20s and eight list-A (50-over) matches. His list-A debut for Auckland was on December 27, 2015 (he took 16 wickets at 28 in eight matches). Less than a year later he could be bowling for the Black Caps in Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne.

"I've worked hard at it [bowling fast] for a long time. You get given a bit of talent in terms of bowling those speeds but being able to do it for a long time and actually stay on the park is a whole other ball game.

"I'm fortunate that I have been able to stay on the park lately because I have battled injuries in the past. I try and bowl as fast as I can as accurately as I can. Speed is a big weapon for me so I want to use that to the best of my ability just like guys use swing."

The topic of short-pitched bowling and intimidation is a sensitive one, with a spotlight on concussion and batsman safety. A Ferguson bouncer sidelined Otago's Ryan Duffy this season, then he received a wakeup call when clanged on the helmet by Canterbury's Ed Nuttall last week. It's a tricky but regular discussion topic among the fast bowlers' club.

"Part of the game is we want to be aggressive and we don't want the batsman to be comfortable and if it means bowling short to muck up their footwork and put them out of position then that's what we've got to do to win the game.

"Obviously hitting them in the head, we don't want them to be hurt. A few dents and a few bruises is all good, that can heal. Anything further than that, we don't want any long term damage. It is a bit touchy but I don't think it takes away from how we play the game."

Former Black Cap Andre Adams - another supremely gifted cricketer, straight shooter and combative individual on the field - is now his trusted mentor. They honed his action which has a bit of Adams about it, a medium pace run-up, pause then snap of the shoulder, seam and bounce his weapons at a speed quicker than anyone in New Zealand. It's reaped him 18 Plunket Shield wickets at 22 this season.

Said Ferguson of Adams, the Auckland bowling coach: "We didn't hit it off at the start, we butted heads a little bit and then we became good mates. We've got similar personalities. He's been a huge help, just keeps things simple."

Ferguson's his own man, too. Lauchlan became Lockie as a youngster because he liked the unconventional spelling. He completed a business degree in marketing and worked in advertising - including work on the NZC account - before the on-field action became his fulltime focus. Newly announced in the Black Caps he was one of the best interviews you'd hear from a newcomer. No media training required here.

That big goal of cracking the international ranks was ticked off when Ferguson missed a call from selector Gavin Larsen on Thursday morning before taking the field for Auckland in Rangiora.

"You always dream of getting that phone call and when it happened it was like 's..t this is real'.

"I had to keep it quiet all day, and not even tell my family and I thought 'you're killing me'. But it was all good and I managed to tell the family on [Thursday] night and tell them to keep it secret."

That was tough for father Doug, a golf nut who was in Melbourne's Kingston Heath for the World Cup of Golf and took a call from his excited son. "He was on the 17th hole and he was like 'you beauty' and I could hear the golf going on in the background. He was pretty happy."

Now with Adam Milne sidelined, Ferguson is the fastest gun in black, selected to provide a point of difference in a land that churns out fast bowlers like a production line. He's excited, knows nerves will be a factor but won't be overawed if summoned.

"It's the ultimate challenge and I'm pretty excited to play on some Aussie pitches that hopefully have pace and bounce. I'm confident of competing with these guys and our squad has some serious talent."

And, at last, some serious speed.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket...ut-ok-that-day
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 26th November 2016 at 03:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Menace View Post
    Gavin Larsen the selector
    it will be disappointing to see if he bowls in the range of 140 to 145 k because that's the range boult and henry bowls too in odis kiwis needs pace in their attack
    Last edited by jeetu; 4th December 2016 at 10:46.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was wondering to which mediocre player will Pakistani batsmen get out. I have found my answer : Lockie Ferguson.

Pakistani players have a habit of making mediocre players look world beaters. In the current series, it is Raval.

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    I was wondering to which mediocre player will Pakistani batsmen get out. I have found my answer : Lockie Ferguson.

Pakistani players have a habit of making mediocre players look world beaters. In the current series, it is Raval.
    1) Ferguson hasn't even played a match yet.
    2) Raval has been very impressive on difficult pitches, he may have had some luck but he showed a lot of good traits in those innings.
    3. If your players are good at making mediocre players look good, what does it make your players?
    Last edited by Aman; 26th November 2016 at 16:08.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post

He wont be playing against us.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    He wont be playing against us.
    My bad. Misread the thread title.

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First over averaging 148kph+

and gets David Warner with a beauty.

fastest 150kph so far.

Very nice!

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volcyz View Post
    First over averaging 148kph+

and gets David Warner with a beauty.

fastest 150kph so far.

Very nice!
    Got it up to 152kph twice, what is impressive is that he has sustained his pace and most of his deliveries have been 149kph +. Makes it look effortless, I wonder how quick he can get it with effort balls.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Second over in international cricket...

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NZ selectors are honest with their job they have selected the best talent based on performance and potential. Our selectors should feel embarassed how they hastily selected the same squad for Aussie tour while the 2nd test was in progress. No planning no foresight.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    NZ selectors are honest with their job they have selected the best talent based on performance and potential. Our selectors should feel embarassed how they hastily selected the same squad for Aussie tour while the 2nd test was in progress. No planning no foresight.
    Poor post.

Do you really think the selectors are going to send down a debutant in Australia?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just too much short balls from lockie

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @pacesensation I told you in Stanlake and another thread that He is Express.

He definitely is.

Though NZ won comprehensively but I was surprised at him not replacing Bracewell in the squad and not playing ahead of Henry.

Mentioned it to Aman aswell.

Look at Country of 3 million with 2 Express pacers Milne & Ferguson.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cannot wait for him and Adam Milne to play together. What a feast that would be for pace fans! Two great blokes bowling express with good clean, non-slinging actions.

NZ bowlers will rule the world for years to come. Southee and Boult have already done more than enough to prove that they are certainly future NZ ATG's. Henry is very good and Milne is good, just needs to work on fitness.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the selectors are brave and select him for the tests vs Bangledesh. Hope can play Tests this summer. I think if he gets into good rythem he could challenge Shoabs Speed record, he bowled 152kph twice in his first game and was clocked at 155kph in a first class game last year.
    Ive given up on Milne ever playing a Test, he can stick to ODI cricket

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's got the same problem as Bond. Won't be surprised if he doesn't last long.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Do you really think the selectors are going to send down a debutant in Australia?
    Why not? You want them to rot in domestics? Pak always used to try young and raw fast bowlers even in crunch matches thats what made them a dangerous side.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    certainly Sydney isn't a place to debut tearaway pacer even Mitchell starc got hit over the top like a trundler, my biggest worry is that his action looks susceptible to injuries

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bowled a bit too short.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hope he stays injury free and touches 155kph today.

Mosaddiq will love ball on bat with short boundaries.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Lockie Ferguson 'in the mix' for test cricket as Black Caps coach looks for more from pace attack

Fast bowler Lockie Ferguson is looming into the test selection mix as New Zealand cricket coach Mike Hesson considers whether a point of difference is needed in his pace trio to face South Africa.

Hesson confirmed an unchanged squad for Friday's second test against Bangladesh in Christchurch after their seven-wicket win in Wellington, but bowling selection conundrums may arise for three big home tests against the Proteas in March.

New Zealand's remarkable victory in Wellington, when they became the first team to concede 595 or more and win a test, didn't mask the fact they leaked that many runs and snared just eight wickets after winning the toss.

Of the 16 Bangladesh wickets taken by New Zealand bowlers, Neil Wagner bagged six and again led the way with aggression and a short-pitched barrage. His match haul of 6-188 off 59 overs (3.2 runs per over) clearly shaded Trent Boult's 5-184 off 47.5 (3.8 RPO) and Tim Southee's 3-192 off 47 (4.1 RPO).

Again on a flat pitch, the Black Caps' bowling looked one-dimensional when the new ball didn't swing for Boult or Southee.

After a tough ODI debut in Australia, Ferguson made a flying start to his Twenty20 international career with two wickets in two balls against Bangladesh in Napier. On Sunday he roared through Northern Districts with a haul of 6-27 in a 50-over match, and in four Plunket Shield appearances for Auckland this season has 18 wickets at 22.

With Adam Milne still sidelined, Ferguson is the only 150kmh bowler in New Zealand. With his ability to hurry up batsmen and deliver a devastating yorker, Ferguson looks just what they need to add firepower in short spells against South Africa's batsmen.

"He [Ferguson] certainly in the mix, not for the next test match, but he's bowled a lot of overs in Plunket Shield the last couple of years. We've given him a few work-ons. He's a really promising cricketer in all forms but not just at this stage," Hesson said.

Boult and Southee remain some way off their best in tandem. There were mitigating factors like the Wellington gale which negated swing, and a flat pitch, but Hesson needs to see more from his dynamic duo by the time they return to the Basin for the second test against South Africa on March 16.

"He [Boult] is going all right. He picked up three [on Monday] and reverse swung it quite nicely. I don't think Trent's quite at his best yet, but look out when he is," Hesson said.

The coach and chief selector reiterated his policy of no rotation in test cricket, and picking the best XI for the conditions. Matt Henry is the extra paceman in the squad but has also lacked sharpness in recent months.

Christchurch's Hagley Oval may at least provide more swing and seam for New Zealand's quicks as it did for the first Pakistan test in November, and after Bangladesh's Monday meltdown the hosts will be back to short odds to seal the series 2-0.

Putting aside injuries to key batsmen Imrul Kayes and Mushfiqur Rahim, Hesson felt the Wellington test swung on two pivotal moments: Mitchell Santner's direct hit run out of Mehedi Hasan on the fourth evening, and first innings double centurion Shakib Al Hasan's awful shot on nought which sent the touring Bangladesh media into uproar.

Hesson rated Bangladesh highly but the wind may have been taken from their sails.

"Potentially, but they're very much an aggressive mindset and they're good frontrunners. If they get a good start in a test match they can still put us under pressure. Our challenge is to make sure that's not the case."

Santner impressed with his highest test score of 73 at No 8 and may earn a shift up the order. Colin de Grandhomme hasn't nailed down the test No 6 spot and Hesson wants his allrounder to be a batsman first.

"We've always talked about Mitch being a work in progress and being an allrounder for us. Whether it's Colin or him or Neesh [Jimmy Neesham], whoever it is, they don't really have a number on their back they're still expected to provide an allrounder role, whether that's six seven or eight. It was nice for Mitch to get through a bit of a tough time and show his quality."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket...om-pace-attack

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    The two wickets he got back to back were brutal

https://streamable.com/34pu7

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has this bowling action from the 80s. Giving everything in his last stride. I predict him having some kind of shoulder niggles with this action sooner than later.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    What do you think @shaz619 @AB_Fan @Mamoon @Chief Destroyer?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    He should have played in India.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    He should have played in India.
    Man, I'm just happy we might have finally found enforcer who can rough up the batsmen and support Boult, Southee and Henry.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Combination of Brett Lee / Shane Bond going there

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Man, I'm just happy we might have finally found enforcer who can rough up the batsmen and support Boult, Southee and Henry.
    Milne has lost pace and isnt the 150k bowler he was, Ferguson is the one who should be promoted as the enforcer.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like what I have seen from him so far.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Man that outswinger was phenomenal. Lachlan is a bright talent and hopefully he has atleast 5 years of good cricket in him.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    Man that outswinger was phenomenal. Lachlan is a bright talent and hopefully he has atleast 5 years of good cricket in him.
    He's only 26, can easily play another 7-8 years.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    153.4kph.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Generates a lot more bounce than Milne hence more threatening.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ever since Bond happened, New Zealand have become the new center of producing elite pace bowlers.

Bond.

Milne.

Ferguson.

All with beautiful strong actions with pure pace on the ball and having similarity in action to each other.

We have guys who are 6 6' life Irfan Jr. and have absolutely terrible ugly actions. Maybe Hasan Ali can spark a renaissance in the youth where people follow actions of good fast bowlers as well. Sick and tired of looking at trundlers from Pakistan.

Azaadi. InshAllah.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pace something I work hard at, Ferguson says

Black Caps pace bowler Lockie Ferguson does not have great memories of his first visit to the University Oval.The 26-year-old made his first-class debut at the venue and it was a brutal introduction.
    Otago opener Aaron Redmond used Ferguson's raw pace against him and steered the ball down to third man for a series of boundaries.

The score mounted rapidly and when Ferguson eventually removed Redmond for 72, Nick Beard came in as a nightwatchman and played a remarkable innings, scoring 188.

It was not a particularly successful outing for Ferguson but he was able to impress observers with his pace.

"I was trying to brush past that,'' Ferguson said.

"I was fresh off the club cricket scene ... and Aaron Redmond smacked me around that game. I think I got one for about 100 so it was not my best memory.

"It was just part of making the step up and it was a big learning curve.''

Actually, Ferguson, who was 21 at the time, did a little bit better. He finished the match with two for 147. And his overall first-class record at the venue is excellent.

He has taken 18 wickets at an average on 19.44, including two five-wicket bags.

He will be hoping for another strong return tomorrow in game three of the five-match ODI series against Pakistan.

New Zealand leads 2-0 and can clinch the series win with another victory. And the Black Caps are in hot form at the moment, having strung together nine consecutive wins across three formats.

"It is pleasing to get a few results but the most important thing for me is trying to fit in and be a part of the bowling group.

"Obviously Tim [Southee] and Trent [Boult] are class bowlers and they are doing such a good job at that top. That allows me to come on and be an aggressive bowler through the middle.''

Ferguson took three for 39 in Nelson on Tuesday after Southee and Boult had combined to reduce Pakistan to 14 for two. The extra pace he can generate means the Black Caps do not have to go into a holding pattern and can keep attacking.

"My pace is something I work really hard at. But probably since [my first-class debut] I think more about accuracy and putting the ball in the right position for as long as possible.

"But I still have to do it with pace because that gives me the best opportunity to take wickets.''

Test cricket remains a firm goal for Ferguson. It is still the pinnacle format in his eyes. But for now he is focused on getting the best out of the white ball and developing his game.

"I've played some good first-class games but the test squad is very hard to get into. They've been playing very well and once again they've got a serious bowling unit.

"I'll kept trying to put my hand up but the white ball is the focus and that is what I'm working towards.''

The University Oval has been a successful ground for the national side. The team is undefeated in five ODIs but has not played one in the city since the World Cup.

The game is sold out and the forecast is looking promising.

https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/cricket/...-ferguson-says

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Very good bowler and Quick. Hope he remains injury free. Adam Milne is another express bowler for NZ. So when he is fit NZ will have two express pacers in the squad. If we add Boult and Southee, that is a very good pace attack along with Santner.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I like him.

He reminds me of an old-school Pakistani pace bowler who just sprints in and bowls as fast as he can without worrying about how many runs he concedes.

I wish we could produce quick bowlers like NZ are these days.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowled really well this series.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Impressive bowler. Able to generate a lot of pace from a short run up. Would take him to the World Cup for certain.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Absolutely delighted to watch him bowl.

Fast bowlers are a nationality of their own so no matter which country produces one, you've to appreciate them.

Probably the fastest bowler in cricket right now and hopefully will stay injury free and have a real proper peak.

The guy is a beast and cricket needs more of him.

Azaadi. InshAllah.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have become a fan of him. But, can't conclude as he was bowling to Pak batsmen.

Will watch how he bowls to Ind, Aus and Eng batsmen on flat pitches.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish him luck for WC, England is a graveyard for quicks on ODIs.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    His ability to get rapid bouncers going on the graveyard UAE wickets was most impressive.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Glad we didn't have to face him on quicker and bouncier pitches.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    His ability to get rapid bouncers going on the graveyard UAE wickets was most impressive.
    UAE is nowhere near graveyard in ODIs. How many times has 300 been scored in UAE in last 5 years? You're mixing up formats.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Have become a fan of him. But, can't conclude as he was bowling to Pak batsmen.

Will watch how he bowls to Ind, Aus and Eng batsmen on flat pitches.
    Doesn’t matter if you are a Pak batsman or an Indian batsman. 150 kph Thunderbolts heading towards your head could shake any batsman.

NZ need to give him enough rest so he doesn’t get injured before the WC, very demanding action.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Doesn’t matter if you are a Pak batsman or an Indian batsman. 150 kph Thunderbolts heading towards your head could shake any batsman.

NZ need to give him enough rest so he doesn’t get injured before the WC, very demanding action.
    Starc got destroyed last match despite his 150kph thunderbolt. Flat pitches are the perfect nemesis for fast bowlers.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Done well in rankings in ODIs

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Great performance from Lockie tonight, his last over brought us back into the game.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    What a beauty of yorker to clean up Dhawan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Love fast bowlers like him.. After Shane bond he's my second favourite new Zealand bowler ever..

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ferguson relishes being that "aggressive death-overs bowler"

Lockie Ferguson is relishing the new role of a bowling finisher following his exploits in the two ODIs against Bangladesh. Ferguson bowled wonderfully at the death in both Napier and Auckland, keeping the Bangladesh batsmen on their toes. In the first game, bowling his last over – and the 48th of the innings, Ferguson sent down a wicket maiden as Bangladesh were all out for 232.

While in Wellington, Ferguson bowled four overs in the end to give away just 12 runs and pick two wickets – of Sabbir Rahman and Mohammad Saifuddin, folding Bangladesh’s innings for 226. Ferguson has showed tremendous speed and accuracy in his bowling, and even though New Zealand have shown tendency to leak run in the death overs, Ferguson’s rise has been a pleasant surprise.

“We have some of the best swing bowlers in the world but swinging the new ball isn’t my strength,” Ferguson said. “My position comes after them as a first-change. I have been working on my death-over options. It can be tough in one-day cricket to look for wickets through the middle. When guys soak up the pressure a bit, I am probably less aggressive.

“I think [taking wickets] is part of my role, for sure. To be a bit of an aggressor and create chances. But by no means do I have a free role to go for plenty of runs. I think that still a big part of my work is to create the opportunity and also be economical. One-day cricket is about restricting runs. I enjoy the role and it has been going well for me in recent times.”

Ferguson concedes that he gets a kick each time he is able to dictate terms and pick wickets to shun the opposition.

“Ever since I have come into the team, we have been an aggressive side with the ball. If we are always trying to take wickets, we will bowl teams out. I think that’s the mindset of all the bowlers today. It is exciting when all the bowlers are taking wickets. The whole squad is stepping up.”

Ferguson could always bowl quick, but lately he has really cranked it up on the speedometer, clicking over 150 kmph and beating the likes of Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma for pace during the India ODIs.

Ferguson was utilised well against Sri Lanka and India as well, often coming as a second change, when needed, opening the attack (the India T20Is in the absence of Trent Boult). With New Zealand’s pace bowling attack shaping well ahead of the World Cup, Ferguson can be a key figure in the company of Boult, Tim Southee and Matt Henry.

“One of my weapons is to bowl quick, and I have done a lot of work throughout my career to be fit enough,” he said. “More important for me is to bowl quick for longer period of time. If you can maintain pace, bounce and aggressiveness throughout the whole innings, you can get opportunities to get wickets at the start and end as well. I pride myself on my fitness, and staying in the park throughout the full season with the speed.

“I think every player is excited about the World Cup. I am focusing on game to game. I am excited that I am showing up every game, I am focusing on that game myself. If I can put on performances that help the team, it is the key. Down the line, a place in the World Cup squad will take care of itself.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...-bowler-804053

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lockie Ferguson world best third pacer

NZ pace battery is really impressive. Lockie is 150k bowler but he is usually their 3rd seamer. Most of the teams these days cant even have a strike bowler who bowls at 150k.

He makes a huge difference to NZ bowling.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does he though?
    He's been smacked by good batting sides (no offence).
    He's just fast nothing more.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is mean!
    He likes to hurt batsman. They call him their enforcer. I hope someone has the guts to bowl some bouncers at his head, when hes batting!

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Does he though?
    He's been smacked by good batting sides (no offence).
    He's just fast nothing more.
    Oh yes, against superior batting sides he may struggle. Still look at third pacers from other team..bhuvi, andile, etc.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    He has a great yorker and bouncer, hopefully he can get one in against a top team to create something memorable WC moment.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lockie Ferguson has had a very good World cup so far.. His today's figures against Afghanistan.

9.1(Overs)
    3(Maidens)
    37(Runs)
    4(Wickets)
    4.03(Eco.)

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Absolute delight watching him bowl

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He’s added a new dimension to New Zealand bowling attack.

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    Watford
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowling well, but pace has decreased a little. Remember him clocking 150 - 153 kph against Pak

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Took 3 wickets today against South Africa in the World Cup.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks an.excellent bowler specially one.for wickets having pace was hustling the SA batters

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is a mean bowler. He will bowl bouncers at pak. Pak batsman better be prepared!
    Times like this, i wish shaan masood was in the team!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This guy must be the fittest fast bowler in the world, always puts 100% each delivery, generates a lot of bounce and always touching 145-150 km/hr. NZ definitely must have the best fitness and strength, conditioning coach in the world right now.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    It's like watching a Pakistani pacer of yesteryear.

Doesn't care about going for runs, he just wants to take wickets.

Pace, aggression and a great athlete.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Still remember this.

God damn going right through a batsmen of Dhawan's caliber, how often do you see it? 150kph yorker with the stumps everywhere and Dhawan has no clue.

He is so awesome to watch.

If he can start bowling those yorkers and bouncers at will he will be insane.
    Last edited by Aman; 20th June 2019 at 14:58.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His ball to Faf yesterday was a beauty

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has been amazing as 3rd seamer. Without him and KW, NZ team is not too difficult to beat.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy moly WI

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    The best third seamer in the world at the moment. He is phenomenal.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasnain should look up to this guy not Adam Milne who he idolises

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Has been amazing as 3rd seamer. Without him and KW, NZ team is not too difficult to beat.
    Absolutely this. Kane and Ferguson are pretty much carrying this NZ team at the moment.

Without Ferguson’s wicket taking ability in the middle overs, NZ would be struggling to defend targets 20 or 30 runs higher than they’ve been setting.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    We finally have an enforcer, I think it would be pushing it to get him into Test cricket.

Should keep him for the shorter formats.