Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which two teams from the current top-six will miss out on a top-four spot in the Premier League?

1. Chelsea
    2. Liverpool
    3. Manchester City
    4. Arsenal
    5. Tottenham
    6. Manchester United

Leaders Chelsea are sitting pretty on 49 points, while 2nd-placed Liverpool are only 5 points ahead of 6th placed MUFC, which shows just how tight it is between the five teams below Chelsea.

United have a strong 9-point lead over 7th-placed Everton which makes it clear that the top-six are clearly a cut above the rest this season.

Who do you think will end up missing out on a top-four spot?
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 13th May 2017 at 22:49.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Won't mind MU and Arsenal missing out tbh.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I think it's about time Arsenal miss out.

Arsenal and City to miss out would be great

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Spurs and United, I feel.

All pretty even teams (besides Chelsea ) so should be an interesting 2nd half to the season.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs and United.

Pakistan didn't just defy logic, they spat in logic's face, questioned the moral inclinations of its parents, kicked it in the shins, kneed it in the groin, strangled it unconscious, then shoved it into the mud and set its trousers on fire

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chelsea are one of the best teams of all time. Arsenal and Man U are terrible.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am an Arsenal fan and I believe if things are to improve/change at the emirites it will simply be through Arsenal not qualifying for the Champion's league.

Its pointless for AFC, they do not recruit enough to make themselves worthy contenders of that competition and in the process they fail to deliver when it matters in the Premier league. Enough is enough

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Arsenal and City hopefully

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea

[mind the gap]

Then City and Pool neck and neck.

4th will be fought out between Spuds and 4rsenal

Utd with the rest of the middle pack.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea will win the league no doubt.
    I reckon Spurs will come second
    I now think Man United will come in the top 4 (could be bias, due to being a fan but we are starting to click)

Realistically, I think 2 out of City, Liverpool and Arsenal will miss out.

Arsenal are due to miss out because they have finished top 4 for so long one season they will eventually miss out.
    I think Liverpool will also slip up because they have a vulnerable defence and are inconsistent. Beat Arsenal away, chelsea away, city at home, spurs at home (in the league cup) but have also screwed up against teams like Sunderland, Burnley, Bournemouth and West Ham at home. I think City have too good of a squad to not finish in top 4. We'll come back to this come May
    Last edited by hadi123; 8th January 2017 at 11:46. Reason: spelling error

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    United and Spurs

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hopefully liverpool and city

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Liverpool and Man united will miss out.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    united have hull n watford at home followed by leicester away. any thing less than 9 points and they r out of it. in same time arsenal and liverpool have harder fixtures.

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it will be Man Utd and Spurs.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being an Arsenal fan, it's hard to admit the fact that spurs are playing better football than us and no way are they missing out on the top 4.

Liverpool's squad depth has been exposed while City's style hasn't yielded consistent results. I expect these 2 teams to miss out on the top 4. I wish United don't make it though Overconfident United fans need to realize they aren't the kings of England anymore.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    978 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Liverpool for sure, probably MU as well.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Liverpool for sure, probably MU as well.
    Not looking too good for Arsenal and MUFC, but LFC and MCFC are not safe yet.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Not looking too good for Arsenal and MUFC, but LFC and MCFC are not safe yet.
    Arsenal and Manchester United won't make it, Arsenal 100% no

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Arsenal and Manchester United won't make it, Arsenal 100% no
    Arsenal fans better hope they don't make it, otherwise... #WengerIn

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    978 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Arsenal fans better hope they don't make it, otherwise... #WengerIn
    I am not sure yet about Liverpool.

Even if we make the 4th spot, we might miss after the qualifier. This is a skeleton of a squad with in-total 14/15 senior players - half of those are unfit/misfit & most are just not good enough for a top 4 club. If you go back to my earlier posts on EPL, this was exactly what I wrote - a decent starting XI with few fantastic individuals & a top quality manager, who'll win matches, but the squad is just not solid/thick enough for 38 matches marathon in EPL. On home & away basis, we have beaten (better head to head) Chelsea, Spurs, MCity, MU, Arsenal, Everton & Leicester; which indicates the quality of the team & the manager. But, this team just doesn't have enough steam to back that up against West Ham, Palace or Swansea very next week - same team in Spain, you would have seen us standing on 85 points by now.

In a season without Europe & our 3 rivals having a managerial change, those greedy Yanks made 2 profitable windows & trimed the squad to bare minimum, to reduce wage expenses. The performance you are watching is after we were out of both domestic cups by January where Klopp played 35 players, most of whom academy kids at QF level, just to keep his ultra thin squad standing till May. We are really lucky that Zlatan got injured, very unusual for him, otherwise MU by now would have been on equal points with us, with a game at hand. These are situations when a team strategy is decided by the Accountant of the Club, instead of Manager.

Personally, I am in a fix regarding CL qualification - if Klopp takes this team to CL, that's 75mn extra for those greedy, cunning Yanks & they'll know that their Manager can keep Liverpool in CL after making profits in transfer window (& reducing wage expenses) - they'll make more money out of Coutinho, Firminho & may be even Mane, if we can make it into top 4, instead of investing in squad.

On the other hand, if Liverpool makes the CL, there is a slim chance that Chinese or Arabs will give those Yank parasites enough profit to sell their "asset". These Yanks have established a strict wage cap, making money out of transfer market & they have increased salary of their manager for his lip service - he'll explain us why money can't buy players that fit his system, why makeshift is dynamic way & he'll keep us dreaming till February (after the January window is closed) with his persona & lectures - Anfield 'll be sold out & Yanks will keep making more money.

I don't want Liverpool to turn into another Chelsea, MCity or PSG, but there is a minimum requirement, if a club has any ambition. In one sense, I feel Leicester & PSG were robbed - Conte would have paid 25-35mn more for Kante & Luiz, simply because they make his starting XI strong - he is winning EPL at his 1st season, because of the less workload without Europe. In his 2ns season, Klopp could have done the same, instead of that 16mn profit, had those greedy Yanks spent just enough for a left back, a decent defensive midfielder, a world class winger & a No. 9 - even as ordinary as Defoe could have given the depth till May. They made profit & didn't spend a penny in January despite knowing that Mane & Matip will be out for ACN!!!!!

Deluded people see only 34mn spending for Mane, but don't see that, those Yanks have made 140mn in last 2 years only from 3 sales of Suarez, Sterling & Benteke - 3 of our best players. Our gross spending is mis-leading because of the sale of best players - in terms of net spending, LFC is one of the lowest in EPL during FSG era - for a club still among top 10 gross earners in world club football, despite missing CL 5 of the last 6 seasons. Previous set of Yanks were greedy & evil - present set are cunning as well.
    Last edited by MMHS; 8th May 2017 at 02:49.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool and United.

Liverpool simply because they don't know how to play against teams in the bottom half.

United because they prioritize the Europa League.

Expect Arsenal to go on a run and City to ease through their remaining fixtures.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure yet about Liverpool.

Even if we make the 4th spot, we might miss after the qualifier. This is a skeleton of a squad with in-total 14/15 senior players - half of those are unfit/misfit & most are just not good enough for a top 4 club. If you go back to my earlier posts on EPL, this was exactly what I wrote - a decent starting XI with few fantastic individuals & a top quality manager, who'll win matches, but the squad is just not solid/thick enough for 38 matches marathon in EPL. On home & away basis, we have beaten (better head to head) Chelsea, Spurs, MCity, MU, Arsenal, Everton & Leicester; which indicates the quality of the team & the manager. But, this team just doesn't have enough steam to back that up against West Ham, Palace or Swansea very next week - same team in Spain, you would have seen us standing on 85 points by now.

In a season without Europe & our 3 rivals having a managerial change, those greedy Yanks made 2 profitable windows & trimed the squad to bare minimum, to reduce wage expenses. The performance you are watching is after we were out of both domestic cups by January where Klopp played 35 players, most of whom academy kids at QF level, just to keep his ultra thin squad standing till May. We are really lucky that Zlatan got injured, very unusual for him, otherwise MU by now would have been on equal points with us, with a game at hand. These are situations when a team strategy is decided by the Accountant of the Club, instead of Manager.

Personally, I am in a fix regarding CL qualification - if Klopp takes this team to CL, that's 75mn extra for those greedy, cunning Yanks & they'll know that their Manager can keep Liverpool in CL after making profits in transfer window (& reducing wage expenses) - they'll make more money out of Coutinho, Firminho & may be even Mane, if we can make it into top 4, instead of investing in squad.

On the other hand, if Liverpool makes the CL, there is a slim chance that Chinese or Arabs will give those Yank parasites enough profit to sell their "asset". These Yanks have established a strict wage cap, making money out of transfer market & they have increased salary of their manager for his lip service - he'll explain us why money can't buy players that fit his system, why makeshift is dynamic way & he'll keep us dreaming till February (after the January window is closed) with his persona & lectures - Anfield 'll be sold out & Yanks will keep making more money.

I don't want Liverpool to turn into another Chelsea, MCity or PSG, but there is a minimum requirement, if a club has any ambition. In one sense, I feel Leicester & PSG were robbed - Conte would have paid 25-35mn more for Kante & Luiz, simply because they make his starting XI strong - he is winning EPL at his 1st season, because of the less workload without Europe. In his 2ns season, Klopp could have done the same, instead of that 16mn profit, had those greedy Yanks spent just enough for a left back, a decent defensive midfielder, a world class winger & a No. 9 - even as ordinary as Defoe could have given the depth till May. They made profit & didn't spend a penny in January despite knowing that Mane & Matip will be out for ACN!!!!!

Deluded people see only 34mn spending for Mane, but don't see that, those Yanks have made 140mn in last 2 years only from 3 sales of Suarez, Sterling & Benteke - 3 of our best players. Our gross spending is mis-leading because of the sale of best players - in terms of net spending, LFC is one of the lowest in EPL during FSG era - for a club still among top 10 gross earners in world club football, despite missing CL 5 of the last 6 seasons. Previous set of Yanks were greedy & evil - present set are cunning as well.
    Agree with your post. Liverpool's squad is currently way too thin to successfully mount a challenge in Europe while fighting for an EPL top-four spot.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal breathing down Liverpool's neck. Top-four battle is going down to the wire.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man Utd and Arsenal

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Lpool choke from here then they're no better than the Slippy G moment

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    United will qualify through the europa league I hope so anyways.. Arsenal will miss out most probably..

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon Liverpool will choke it

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All dependent on today. Let's see if Liverpool choke or not.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like that's it for MUFC.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    978 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    All dependent on today. Let's see if Liverpool choke or not.
    We have a good chance of 0-0 at home against relegated Middlesbrough, while MU can make it beating Ajax. But,I think it'll be Arsenal to miss out, among the 6.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have a good chance of 0-0 at home against relegated Middlesbrough, while MU can make it beating Ajax. But,I think it'll be Arsenal to miss out, among the 6.
    Yes doesn't seem as though we'll make it this season

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blessing in disguise for your club. #Out

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blessing in disguise for your club. #Out
    He's staying with or without champions league football. Don't understand why our fans just don't accept this.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's staying with or without champions league football. Don't understand why our fans just don't accept this.
    If that's true, you fans can only #PrayForArsenal

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If that's true, you fans can only #PrayForArsenal

It is true. He's already signed just waiting to announce the deal.