Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I don't know what happened to him in UK, but here he is playing Starc perfectly, waiting for the pitched-up ball to come & avoiding short ones without dance.
    I think because he played in the UAE for so long without a away tour his stance was effected, he was crouching a lot. Got to play a lot of matches away, got used to the bounce and adjusted his stance and does not crouch too much now

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    No one replied because till yesterday we wanted Younis out of the team and now you're saying he might be our next captain lol.
    YK was never going to leave - and there is no point to drop him after AUS tour is over. He is comfortably better than anyone, may be even current Azhar on Asian turners. If he wants to play, he'll be there on merit - therefore making him Captain is not a bad idea. That'll protect Azhar & allow a younger potential to be groomed. If Azhar struggles with bat for the triple pressure of main batsman, opener & Captain of a struggling side - PAK will lose the WI Series.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One finger spinner, Lyon, is turning the ball. The other isn't. incredible.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I blame Younis for putting us in this position. We could've realistically ended the day at 280/2.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamzi View Post
    Younis khan has been the second best batsman for us in this series and everyone wants him to retire because he is done? Other than azhar no batsman has even come close to having a good series...asad had one great innings and a total of 70 runs in the entire series other than that.....younis had starts in almost all the innings and has scored a ton here too when everyone else is falling apart like anything. He has played a part in every series over the past 5-6 years other than the newzealand one and you want him to retire? Yes misbah is done and should retire but younis should play till we have a replacement who can score consistently in all conditions.
    For all those who say he scores in dead rubbers and flat tracks (maybe he does) the point is that atleast he scores, no one else seems to be doing that regulary in our team nowdays. If he retires along with misbah now believe me when i say our team will crumble, just look at srilanka after mahela and sanga retired in quick succession. Everyone scores more in favourable conditions but we dont cry about them do we? Just look at warner(14 of his 17 centuries are in australia but he is the best opener of this era?) Most of kohlis test centuries are either in india or on bating friendly pitches but hes the greatest of all time?

Finally all i can say is that we should show some respect to our legends because younis is one AND he is our greatest test batsman whether you like it or not. If it wasnt for him we probably would be sitting with srilanka and westindies in test criket terms let alone be world no 1 (which i credit younis more than misbah). Regardless of how bad he was in limited overs games he still won you a world cup too as a captain.

You hv hit the nail right on its head. There's no way we can afford Misbah and Younis leaving us together. Misbah no doubt is done for all money and if left to him I m sure he wd hang his boots after this series but the babus in pcb want him stay and there's no surprise there as those same babus who are double past their retirement age hv no knowledge and acumen about the game and are only busy filling their pockets and you suggestion of younis khan leading the test team for a year or 2 would never see a day light coz of the people at the helm of affairs in pcb though frankly speaking this is the only option we hv if you don't want to see Azhar as the test captain though I personally think he wdnt be that bad a captain.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't close of play scheduled for 18:30 local time

Seems they snuck in another over !

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis khan now averages 50 in australia , far more than the ATG salman butt in australia.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Wasn't close of play scheduled for 18:30 local time

Seems they snuck in another over !
    extra 30 mins can be taken everyday to get the overs in

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I don't know what happened to him in UK, but here he is playing Starc perfectly, waiting for the pitched-up ball to come & avoiding short ones without dance.
    It happens. He is old. He has generally been very good against pace bowling as his record shows.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    extra 30 mins can be taken everyday to get the overs in
    Ah okay. Nervy times!

(for me at least )

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice garry

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    loool

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    @Junaids - you were thinking to drop this guy for Maxwell?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Yasir's career average is touching 12, Wahab's 9 - and the sample is not small. Why does Wahab comes ahead of Yasir?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It was a poor squad, even poorer playing XI selection for this Test - Asghar could have a dream debut on this track.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Younis now only 76 runs short!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    I blame Younis for putting us in this position. We could've realistically ended the day at 280/2.
    The run out was because of Younis?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    End os a great day of Cricket. I saw a part of small history - one player hitting Test hundred in 11 countries. Since IND doesn't play in UAE; this record might last for long, long time.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The margins between a close series and a proper thrashing are very fine aren't they? Pakistan have handicapped themselves with their selections n tactics.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got to enforce the follow on here. give yourself maximum time to bowl Pak out. light day today. rest up and man up for the final 2 days.