Instagram


Indoor Big Bash

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 420
  1. #161
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    310
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they were lucky to survive two runout chances. Really should have seen Asad come in here. Well looks like Misbah is adamant to prove he's still got it in him.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    10,854
    Mentioned
    1372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Younis batted beautifully yesterday, really rolled back the years on an easy wicket.

    But today he looks terrible again.

  3. #163
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,612
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    YK didn't stop - he was charging down the line & would have beaten a direct hit.

    It was of a mis-field which Azhar had to wait before ball passing the fielder; but once he started, he had to make sure that Aussies gets him out with a direct, they missed twice yesterday.
    YK stopped midway. They just showed the replay and it's very clear.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    2,753
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Don't worry YK will ensure that comes true
    From reliability to liability within a year.


    Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

  5. #165
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,612
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Younis batted beautifully yesterday, really rolled back the years on an easy wicket.

    But today he looks terrible again.
    Ball's moving. What do you expect?


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  6. #166
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    On ABC Radio Simon Katich and Jim Maxwell both blame Younis for stopping.
    I don't care what who says - I have seen it in my eyes. Ball went Azhar's behind & he need not to ball watch - either call loud that he is not running or charge down the line; YK will be responsible for his end.

  7. #167
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Hope they keep bowling lyon for a bit so atleast misbah might get set
    Misbah should look to attack.

    In Australia with his declining reflexes and concentration - tuk tukking will not work for long.

  8. #168
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    23,782
    Mentioned
    7081 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Both were at fault tbh. Both were waiting for the ball to go past mid-wicket but didn't realize Starc was standing just behind him.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    5,977
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar deserved to score a century here after having batted so well throughout the whole series. But alas.

    These 'seniors' are hell bent on destroying our team, and they are quite successful in their mission.


    You don't burn calories by jumping to conclusions.

  10. #170
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,381
    Mentioned
    878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I don't care what who says - I have seen it in my eyes. Ball went Azhar's behind & he need not to ball watch - either call loud that he is not running or charge down the line; YK will be responsible for his end.
    Yeah Azhar is partly to be blamed as well. If he wasn't confident for the run he should have just loudly said no..


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  11. #171
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    YK stopped midway. They just showed the replay and it's very clear.
    YK would have been run out then. There was first mistake of calling - something went wrong in Sami's run-out & it went wrong twice in this pair. Then, Azhar stopped midway - he should have run hard once he was out of his base & made sure Aussies need a direct hit. By stopping, what he was thinking - both'll return safe 6 yards behind?

  12. #172
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    10,854
    Mentioned
    1372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Another Pakistan batting record for Younis.

    Involved in 23 run outs in Test matches.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    310
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shows lack of trust between Azhar and Younis. Azhar should have been looking at Younus not behind him at the ball. Younus does have a habit though of making a false start and then going back.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    10,854
    Mentioned
    1372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Ball's moving. What do you expect?
    I don't think it is actually.

    No seam movement - hasn't been any across three Tests - no reverse and tiny amounts of conventional swing. The ball is too damp to move.

    That's why both spinners are on.
    Last edited by Junaids; 5th January 2017 at 03:50.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Genius, he was waiting to see if it goes past the close-in fielder. The run clearly wouldn't have been on if he stopped it.
    Err please go watch it again.

    After it beat the fielder - Azhar took a few steps and then stopped before running again.

    Azhar was uncertain and it cost him.

  16. #176
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar too has history of run out , has bot always been a confident runner between the wickets.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  17. #177
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,612
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    YK would have been run out then. There was first mistake of calling - something went wrong in Sami's run-out & it went wrong twice in this pair. Then, Azhar stopped midway - he should have run hard once he was out of his base & made sure Aussies need a direct hit. By stopping, what he was thinking - both'll return safe 6 yards behind?
    If Younis is not getting a response from his partner, he shouldn't be half way down the pitch.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  18. #178
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,612
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Err please go watch it again.

    After it beat the fielder - Azhar took a few steps and then stopped before running again.

    Azhar was uncertain and it cost him.
    He hesitated because he saw Younis stopping midway.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    10,854
    Mentioned
    1372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I don't care what who says - I have seen it in my eyes. Ball went Azhar's behind & he need not to ball watch - either call loud that he is not running or charge down the line; YK will be responsible for his end.
    You have half convinced me.

    They both deserved to be run out!

  20. #180
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,612
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I don't think it is actually.

    No seam movement - hasn't been any across three Tests - no reverse and tiny amounts of conventional swing. The ball is too damp to move.

    That's why both spinners are on.
    There's a bit of reverse which is why he was hopping around.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  21. #181
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have gone all defensive again

    Have to attack O'Keefe and Lyon rather than pretend they are Murli and Warne.

  22. #182
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Just to add with run-out - Azhar was out at far end. Aussies knew that they can't beat YK, hence went for the far end - had Azhar ran hard & stressed at full length, still might have been close. Azhar puts lots of value to his wicket, hence I can draw my conclusion -

    AZHAR DIDN'T EXPECT THE BALL TO COME TO HIS END - TOOK IT COMFORTABLY. This would have been perfectly OK in QA style - both batsman in mid crease & the throw as well - at mid crease. International cricket is a bit different that QA style, hence I can safely say more than ZIM or IRL player, more PAK players have been sacrificed to hilarious run outs. And the travesty of PAK cricket is that Javed, Asif Iqbal & Mazid also used to steal singles ....... and they learned that somewhere else, so did it without comic.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did it rain in sydney?


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  24. #184
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah is atleast trying to use the sweep - YK is just blocking right now

  25. #185
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Austin, TX
    Runs
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully, both legends can build their signature partnership.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Did it rain in sydney?
    Yes - we lost a bit of time in the first session.

  27. #187
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful bowling.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    If Younis is not getting a response from his partner, he shouldn't be half way down the pitch.
    That's the fundamental problem, where it started - why YK will not get response from his partner for a run he was going to near end? If Azhar wasn't ready, why did he take the false start/ Why he didn't shout at first point when the ball passed the fielder?

  29. #189
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,749
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    "That delivery was a magic" - Waqar Younis


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  30. #190
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good running by YK this time.

  31. #191
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    4,233
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes,that must have hurt.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a bowler warne was..


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,345
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    That run out was yk's fault.

  34. #194
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,345
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    That's the fundamental problem, where it started - why YK will not get response from his partner for a run he was going to near end? If Azhar wasn't ready, why did he take the false start/ Why he didn't shout at first point when the ball passed the fielder?
    Look at yk's shot, the momentum carried him half way down the pitch.

  35. #195
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    36,918
    Mentioned
    2154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    That was hilarious, lucky he had a cup.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  36. #196
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    4,233
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for Misbah

  37. #197
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Yikes,that must have hurt.
    He didn't even react!

    Thank god they were guards.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    4,233
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah with his highest score of the series

  39. #199
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good shot by Misbah!

  40. #200
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    2,753
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Misbah have one more big innings left in him?


    Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

  41. #201
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    4,233
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for Younus,into the eighties

  42. #202
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,381
    Mentioned
    878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bhai chai ka waqfa nahi hona tha?


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  43. #203
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SHot by YK

  44. #204
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I don't think it is actually.

    No seam movement - hasn't been any across three Tests - no reverse and tiny amounts of conventional swing. The ball is too damp to move.

    That's why both spinners are on.
    A bit of correction though - both spinners are on after 12 flat out overs by the pace pair. AUS didn't pick 5/6 all-rounders in this match, hence they had to bring the spin pair.

    There was enough movement for PAK to be 5 down now - we can take it either way - Josh/Starc are novice compared to Asif under this condition or YK/Azhar actually negotiated the 1st hour perfectly.

    Take your pick.

  45. #205
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,612
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    That's the fundamental problem, where it started - why YK will not get response from his partner for a run he was going to near end? If Azhar wasn't ready, why did he take the false start/ Why he didn't shout at first point when the ball passed the fielder?
    Younis hits the ball.

    Azhar ball watches because there's a close-in fielder and hears no call from Younis.

    The ball passes the fielder and Azhar looks to run.

    He sees Younis half-way down the pitch, Azhar begins to run.

    Then Younis hesitates when he shouldn't have because it's his call and he's half-way down the pitch.

    This causes Azhar to hesitate which was all the time needed for Starc to get the throw in.

    This is clearly Younis' fault because he can see Azhar's position, his position, the ball, Starc and it's his call because the ball's behind Azhar.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  46. #206
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah should avoid the sweep - he plays at awkwardly and is not as comfortable playing it or natural as YK.

  47. #207
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    2,753
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cmon YK smack that yaar


    Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

  48. #208
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    8,914
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gramps trying his level best to be out there till Tea !! Come on Misbah Let's Go
    Last edited by ahmedwaqas92; 5th January 2017 at 04:09.

  49. #209
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,345
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Misbah's reverse sweep is a safer shot than his regular sweep

  50. #210
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should have smashed that full toss for six...

  51. #211
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Look at yk's shot, the momentum carried him half way down the pitch.
    So, you are saying Azhar ran from childish prank when an on drive carried his partner 10 yards towards him?

    I know YK isn't popular & people are upset for Azhar missing another ton, may be even double - but he just repaid what he deprived Sami. And the main reason is poor calling & not following running fundamentals. Had he not stepped out, YK won't have run & there was enough time for him to return.

    Watch Virat batting, on every ball he is 3/4 steps down the line - who many times have we seen such comic among Indian pair? RBTW is a science, you analyze with fundamental principals of running, should realize whose fault it was.

  52. #212
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    8,914
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    Cmon YK smack that yaar
    For some reason I was abruptly reminded of Akon for a moment there !!

  53. #213
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    2,753
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    For some reason I was abruptly reminded of Akon for a moment there !!
    lmao


    Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

  54. #214
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,345
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    So, you are saying Azhar ran from childish prank when an on drive carried his partner 10 yards towards him?

    I know YK isn't popular & people are upset for Azhar missing another ton, may be even double - but he just repaid what he deprived Sami. And the main reason is poor calling & not following running fundamentals. Had he not stepped out, YK won't have run & there was enough time for him to return.

    Watch Virat batting, on every ball he is 3/4 steps down the line - who many times have we seen such comic among Indian pair? RBTW is a science, you analyze with fundamental principals of running, should realize whose fault it was.
    Simple reason why Azhar ran was yk the queen would have done a one hour special on TV bemoaning the lack of support from the team
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 5th January 2017 at 04:15.

  55. #215
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    14,272
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    "That delivery was a magic" - Waqar Younis
    Let's hear Ian Chappell speak some Punjabi.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  56. #216
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Younis hits the ball.

    Azhar ball watches because there's a close-in fielder and hears no call from Younis.

    The ball passes the fielder and Azhar looks to run.

    He sees Younis half-way down the pitch, Azhar begins to run.

    Then Younis hesitates when he shouldn't have because it's his call and he's half-way down the pitch.

    This causes Azhar to hesitate which was all the time needed for Starc to get the throw in.

    This is clearly Younis' fault because he can see Azhar's position, his position, the ball, Starc and it's his call because the ball's behind Azhar.
    NO - once Azhar started, his only job was to run as fast as possible & reach his end - what happens at YK's end is not him problem, neither his responsibility. If YK didn't call, & Azhar wasn't ready - still there would have been a run out - this time both batsman at one end (Azhar's end) & YK out for not calling his partner, for a run he was going to near end.

    One wicket was bound to go down - because it's a breech of running fundamentals - not calling, ball watching & hesitate at the middle - that's partially both's fault, even if I give BOD to Azhar; but Azhar is sole responsible for his dismissal.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,345
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Let's hear Ian Chappell speak some Punjabi.
    Ian Chappel at any given time of the day: Virat Kohli is better batsman/captain than Steven smith

  58. #218
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,612
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    NO - once Azhar started, his only job was to run as fast as possible & reach his end - what happens at YK's end is not him problem, neither his responsibility. If YK didn't call, & Azhar wasn't ready - still there would have been a run out - this time both batsman at one end (Azhar's end) & YK out for not calling his partner, for a run he was going to near end.

    One wicket was bound to go down - because it's a breech of running fundamentals - not calling, ball watching & hesitate at the middle - that's partially both's fault, even if I give BOD to Azhar; but Azhar is sole responsible for his dismissal.
    Dude, Younis freaking stopped midway. How many times do I have to repeat this? Azhar can't keep on running if the lead man stops midway. It's only natural he hesitates when you see your partner who is in control hesitate.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  59. #219
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Simple reason why Azhar ran was yk the queen would have done a one hour special on TV bemoaning the lack of support from the team
    That's beyond my scope - I am explaining what I saw.

    If Azhar is not grown up enough to handle media mockery, it's his problem. In his position, I would have ran to batting end with every bit of air in my lungs, ALSO, the throw came from mid on from a lefti - there is a term called "covering the throwing line", which I am sure you understand - I would have done that & finally would have dived for last yards. Still if my partner is run-out & goes to media, I know how to call father, mother, sister .... as well.

  60. #220
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    19,261
    Mentioned
    1050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Azhar missed out on a century which was there for the taking

    Would have been only second time that a Pak batsmen hits 2 centuries in same tour of Australia

  61. #221
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,345
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    That's beyond my scope - I am explaining what I saw.

    If Azhar is not grown up enough to handle media mockery, it's his problem. In his position, I would have ran to batting end with every bit of air in my lungs, ALSO, the throw came from mid on from a lefti - there is a term called "covering the throwing line", which I am sure you understand - I would have done that & finally would have dived for last yards. Still if my partner is run-out & goes to media, I know how to call father, mother, sister .... as well.
    The job of the batsman who can see the ball is to call clearly and early and to judge whether there is a run. Yk did neither

  62. #222
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Dude, Younis freaking stopped midway. How many times do I have to repeat this? Azhar can't keep on running if the lead man stops midway. It's only natural he hesitates when you see your partner who is in control hesitate.
    I said it many times - one run out was there, because it was a breech of running fundamentals - Azhar is run out for his own mistake - had he 1. ran fast enough, 2. covered the throwing line from mid on from a lefti, 3. dived in last stride, it would have been a photo finish at worst.

    In fact, had he ran with conviction, Aussies won't have thrown to the end which 'll need extra 20 metres & a gather from WK.

  63. #223
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,612
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I said it many times - one run out was there, because it was a breech of running fundamentals - Azhar is run out for his own mistake - had he 1. ran fast enough, 2. covered the throwing line from mid on from a lefti, 3. dived in last stride, it would have been a photo finish at worst.

    In fact, had he ran with conviction, Aussies won't have thrown to the end which 'll need extra 20 metres & a gather from WK.
    There was no run on there. Younis should've gone back to his crease.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  64. #224
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    The job of the batsman who can see the ball is to call clearly and early and to judge whether there is a run. Yk did neither
    How do you know? There is eye contact - no every run is taken by shouting.

    BUT, EVERY DENIAL IS SHOUTED WITH FULL THROTTLE. In fact, when I was learning cricket in South London school, my coach told us, not to use "NO", because it sometimes sounds like "GO". His suggestion was to shout "Single", "Wait in", & "Double (not two)"

  65. #225
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    2,753
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hazlewood and Starc to bowl for an hour again lol?


    Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

  66. #226
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    There was no run on there. Younis should've gone back to his crease.
    He would have done so, if there was a clear shout - NO/Wait in...... he was running to the near end on own responsibility.

  67. #227
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope australia enforces follow on this time , dont want to see us bowling again.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  68. #228
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Azhar missed out on a century which was there for the taking

    Would have been only second time that a Pak batsmen hits 2 centuries in same tour of Australia
    I no longer care about these useless records and am just praying we NOT end up losing this game somehow.

    Even a draw will be a moral victory...

  69. #229
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    5,977
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    I no longer care about these useless records and am just praying we NOT end up losing this game somehow.

    Even a draw will be a moral victory...
    You would have cared though if your Shehzad was playing.


    You don't burn calories by jumping to conclusions.

  70. #230
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Any way - it was a needless run out; a hundred was there for the taking.

    YK is 14 behind on a remarkable achievement - PAK, UAE, SRL, BD, IND, NZ, ENG, WI, ZIM & SAF. Truly remarkable for a man playing for IND/AUS or ENG, by now would have played close to 200 Tests.

  71. #231
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,749
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Uncle, retirement le lo. Please.


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  72. #232
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    You would have cared though if your Shehzad was playing.
    I see you are still upset about Azhar's runout.

  73. #233
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    4,233
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor shot by Misbah,just as I thought he was finally set

  74. #234
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What has MIsbah done

  75. #235
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    2,753
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected more fight from Misbah!

    Misbah's lack of interest is on display. This is surely his last test. Even his slogs lack conviction.


    Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

  76. #236
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,981
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brainless shot under the circumstances - should have atleast spotted fielder when taking the aerial route.

  77. #237
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    15,903
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    This is shameful for Misbah, he should have got injured in New year's party. His legacy is heading to a 5-0 in last 5 Tests before being sacked.

  78. #238
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,334
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable


    Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

  79. #239
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,173
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah's not going out on a high is he, still a mystery whether he'll resign or not?

  80. #240
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,306
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most probably Misbah got out in his second last innings,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •