Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 131
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Springdale
    Runs
    5,358
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    National One Day Cup (Regions) | Islamabad/Rawalpindi/Karachi | Jan 2017

    Name:  fixts.jpg
Views: 3693
Size:  290.0 KB

    ROUND ONE

    January 8, 2017


    ***PINDI STADIUM, RAWALPINDI

    Peshawar Region vs. FATA Region (Live telecast on PTV Sports)

    Umpires: Ahsan Raza & Zameer Haider
    Referee: Khalid Niazi

    Scorer: Shakeel Ahmed


    *** MARGAZAR GROUND, ISLAMABAD

    Lahore Region White vs. Lahore Region Blues

    Umpires: Muhammad Sajid & Shamim Ansari
    Referee: Nadeem Arshad

    Scorer: Fazle Azeem


    *** KRL STADIUM, RAWALPINDI

    Karachi Region White vs. Karachi Region Blues

    Umpires: Tahir Shah & Ghaffar Kazmi
    Referee: Shahid Butt

    Scorer: Muhammad Zeeshan


    *** DIAMOND GROUND, ISLAMABAD

    Islamabad Region vs. Rawalpindi Region

    Umpires: Muhammad Asif & Ahmed Shahab
    Referee: Muhammad Anees

    Scorer: Adnan Farooq
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 6th January 2017 at 15:11.


    I don't want nobody around me that I have to question.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    8,002
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    BTW why are both Karachi teams playing against each other in Pindi ?? ??
    Last edited by Abdul; 6th January 2017 at 06:43.

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,752
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why are they having two separate tournaments for regions and departments? What a waste of time and money. And then these idiots complain we're short on money. No sh.. you waste it all on 1000 employees and pointless tournaments.

    Is there going to be a 5 team ODI tourney this year?


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,113
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Why are they having two separate tournaments for regions and departments? What a waste of time and money. And then these idiots complain we're short on money. No sh.. you waste it all on 1000 employees and pointless tournaments.

    Is there going to be a 5 team ODI tourney this year?
    Yeah in April-May.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,752
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Yeah in April-May.
    Unnecessarily extending the cricket season. FC and Pentagular should be both held before February leading up to the PSL.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    37,555
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    BTW why are both Karachi teams playing against each other in Pindi ?? ??
    thats pakistan domestic for you. lol


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,159
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will it be televised??

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,113
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Psychologist View Post
    Will it be televised??
    See complete list of fixtures in OP - the ones in bold will be televised. Plus the semis and final.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    7,617
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another useless competition.
    PCB need to decide now, either go with department teams or regional teams.
    And matches should be played in major cricket stadiums of country.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news about squads ???

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    80,484
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
    Any news about squads ???
    Dont hold your breath - usually find out by looking at the scorecards


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Dont hold your breath - usually find out by looking at the scorecards
    Yeah, forgetting that it is Pakistan domestic cricket not some English or Aussie where there is extensive coverage of domestic cricket. PCB is atleast 5 years behind that .

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,527
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Unnecessarily extending the cricket season. FC and Pentagular should be both held before February leading up to the PSL.
    Sir domestic season should be unnecessarily extended in any case. The more the domestic cricketers play the better they would get and smaller would be the jump once they reach international cricket level. Domestic cricket should be played for atleast 8-10 months a year. These guys are professional cricketers, do people in any other profession get 2-4 months of vacation in a year?


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,752
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Sir domestic season should be unnecessarily extended in any case. The more the domestic cricketers play the better they would get and smaller would be the jump once they reach international cricket level. Domestic cricket should be played for atleast 8-10 months a year. These guys are professional cricketers, do people in any other profession get 2-4 months of vacation in a year?
    Pretty much every American sport has long offseasons than that. High levels of performance can't be sustained for 8-10 months especially in cricket, such a mentally exhausting sport. Athletes need time to recuperate. The offseason is just as important.

    Quality over quantity. Playing more does not make you better especially when the competition is diluted as Pakistan's domestic. Australia is a perfect example on how to organize a cricket season. Short and sharp, assembling the the best talent in the country into 6 teams resulting in highly competitive tournaments.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,527
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Pretty much every American sport has long offseasons than that. High levels of performance can't be sustained for 8-10 months especially in cricket, such a mentally exhausting sport. Athletes need time to recuperate. The offseason is just as important.

    Quality over quantity. Playing more does not make you better especially when the competition is diluted as Pakistan's domestic. Australia is a perfect example on how to organize a cricket season. Short and sharp, assembling the the best talent in the country into 6 teams resulting in highly competitive tournaments.
    Cricket is no where as mentally exhausting or physically draining as football/soccer, yet the English Premier League runs from August to May, just leaving an off-season of about three months.


    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 3557
Size:  54.4 KB



    The NFL season runs from Sept to Jan, but in that time each team plays 16 games in a 17 week period. Then after the main season you have the playoffs which runs about a month and the victor/runner-up has to play upto 4 more games.



    And the comparison with Australia is unfair. Australia has a total population of 23 million, we have more people than that in just Karachi. We cannot have a "short and sharp" tournament.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,752
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Cricket is no where as mentally exhausting or physically draining as football/soccer, yet the English Premier League runs from August to May, just leaving an off-season of about three months.


    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 3557
Size:  54.4 KB



    The NFL season runs from Sept to Jan, but in that time each team plays 16 games in a 17 week period. Then after the main season you have the playoffs which runs about a month and the victor/runner-up has to play upto 4 more games.



    And the comparison with Australia is unfair. Australia has a total population of 23 million, we have more people than that in just Karachi. We cannot have a "short and sharp" tournament.
    I specifically mentioned "mentally exhausting" because no other sport is played for such long periods.

    Your NFL example is only proving my point.

    Population is irrelevant. The goal is to assemble the best talent in country and make them compete at the highest level. Watering down tournaments and extending the season just to give opportunities to every damn person out there is counterproductive and is the reason we're in this mess. For the lesser players or less recognized, there can be tier two tournaments from where they can work their way into the main competition of the country.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    14,227
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    I specifically mentioned "mentally exhausting" because no other sport is played for such long periods.

    Your NFL example is only proving my point.

    Population is irrelevant. The goal is to assemble the best talent in country and make them compete at the highest level. Watering down tournaments and extending the season just to give opportunities to every damn person out there is counterproductive and is the reason we're in this mess. For the lesser players or less recognized, there can be tier two tournaments from where they can work their way into the main competition of the country.

    Actually, not true. Professional Tennis, Golf & Snooker is played for almost whole year & that's across globe with season. And these are often KO tournaments - still players are playing.

    For example, take golf - every PGA event starts on Thursday, & the Final round on Sunday. Players play US/European tours excluding Northern winter, then heads to AUS, SAF, Brazil, Middle East between DEC to FEB. At his prime, Woods played 48 tournaments in 52 weeks - from Alaska open to Phuket Invitation.

    Take Tennis - at her prime Graff played 38 tournaments in 1988 + Olympics & she made staggering 35 finals; which means every round from Monday to Sunday Final. Tennis matches are at least twice physically demanding (Try serving for 15-20 points....) & 3 sets matches often last over 2 hours. In men's tennis, there are 5 setters .... and these people travels almost half a million air miles every year - from Auckland in JAN to Stuttgart in Dec & back to Auckland next week.

    Take Snooker - extremely skilled game with lots of concentration & mental stress - a 9 frame match takes about 2 hours & every Pro Snooker match is Knock Out. Ranking tournaments are played for 11 months across globe & the QF/SF/F rounds are often 23 frames, 29 frames, even 35 frames.

    And, compared to Cricket, if I take Baseball (162 ball game in 180 days), or basket ball (82 regular season match in 130 days); it's not even a contest.

    There are many other issues in PAK domestics, but not work load for sure. Here, almost same player will play every match - ideally PCB should make tiers to manage work load & ensure the competitiveness (which 'll result in more meaningful stats).

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,752
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Actually, not true. Professional Tennis, Golf & Snooker is played for almost whole year & that's across globe with season. And these are often KO tournaments - still players are playing.

    For example, take golf - every PGA event starts on Thursday, & the Final round on Sunday. Players play US/European tours excluding Northern winter, then heads to AUS, SAF, Brazil, Middle East between DEC to FEB. At his prime, Woods played 48 tournaments in 52 weeks - from Alaska open to Phuket Invitation.

    Take Tennis - at her prime Graff played 38 tournaments in 1988 + Olympics & she made staggering 35 finals; which means every round from Monday to Sunday Final. Tennis matches are at least twice physically demanding (Try serving for 15-20 points....) & 3 sets matches often last over 2 hours. In men's tennis, there are 5 setters .... and these people travels almost half a million air miles every year - from Auckland in JAN to Stuttgart in Dec & back to Auckland next week.

    Take Snooker - extremely skilled game with lots of concentration & mental stress - a 9 frame match takes about 2 hours & every Pro Snooker match is Knock Out. Ranking tournaments are played for 11 months across globe & the QF/SF/F rounds are often 23 frames, 29 frames, even 35 frames.

    And, compared to Cricket, if I take Baseball (162 ball game in 180 days), or basket ball (82 regular season match in 130 days); it's not even a contest.

    There are many other issues in PAK domestics, but not work load for sure. Here, almost same player will play every match - ideally PCB should make tiers to manage work load & ensure the competitiveness (which 'll result in more meaningful stats).
    The examples you are giving are not comparable. Neither are NA sports. I only brought them up to give Syed examples of long offseasons.

    It's not a matter of workload but organizing a tournament where every game is played with the same level of intensity. The longer the season extends, the more performance level drops, especially in such a watered down domestic. Players start going through the motions. Fast bowlers in particular cannot sustain the same intensity throughout the year. They need time to recover.

    To breed the best, you need a cauldron like environment. 6-7 months season culminating with the PSL is ideal.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,175
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Haris Sohail playing?

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,113
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Is Haris Sohail playing?
    No idea since squads haven't been released.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,175
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    No idea since squads haven't been released.
    Any idea when they'll be announced if ever?

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,113
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Any idea when they'll be announced if ever?
    No idea. They probably won't. We'll just have to to guesswork and then see when the scorecards are available after matches.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,954
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    World's second most Inept Cricket Board hasn't even bothered to publish squads.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    14,227
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    World's second most Inept Cricket Board hasn't even bothered to publish squads.
    Which is better in that order than PCB?

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,527
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry no money to publish squads, Najam and I spent it all on our foreign travels - Shahryar Khan


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,159
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    See complete list of fixtures in OP - the ones in bold will be televised. Plus the semis and final.
    Okay Thanks mate,

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,457
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmhs View Post
    which is better in that order than pcb?
    wicb


    #1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    14,227
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnykhan View Post
    wicb
    They are miles ahead than PCB - miles.

    You have to consider the context - 7/8 individual Nation with totally different people over 2 continents & spread over an area larger than South Asia, WICB is managing a sports that's probably 6th or 7th in order now. Besides, their season is eaten up now by IPL schedules & they are forced to shift their Cricket season in rainy part of the year. Still, they have won 2 World events & has been a strong unit in U19 level. Besides, WI as a Cricket board is the poorest in the sense that the total market size is half of Lahore City population.

    Compared to that, the only sports a Nation of 200 mn is good at, religiously followed by almost every Pakistani across globe & a game that has unreal commercial potential. If people at WICB is given the chance to manage PAK cricket, you could have seen how much incompetent PCB is.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    7,464
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scores anyone? I know cricinfo wait till after the match completion but anyone watching must be able to tell me the televised game score? Who has got runs and wickets?

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    7,646
    Mentioned
    1666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    ROUND ONE

    January 8, 2017

    ***PINDI STADIUM, RAWALPINDI

    FATA Region: 148-10 in 22.5 overs (Khushdil Shah 55, 4x4s, 2x6s, 41 balls, Fawad Khan 31, 3x4s, 2x6s, 25 balls, Hussain Tallat 21, 3x4s, 26 balls, Junaid Khan 4-31, Imran Khan Jr. 3-20)

    Peshawar Region: 152-4 in 22 overs (Iftikhar Ahmed 48, 4x4s, 2x6s, 42 balls, Israrullah 42, 5x4s, 36 balls, Akbar Badshah 25*, 1x4, 26 balls, Asif Ali 2-26)

    Result: Peshawar Region won by 6 wickets

    Toss: Peshawar Region
    Umpires: Ahsan Raza & Zameer Haider
    Referee: Khalid Niazi
    Scorer: Shakeel Ahmed

    *** MARGAZAR GROUND, ISLAMABAD

    Lahore Region White vs. Lahore Region Blues

    Result: Washed Out (Due to overnight heavy rain)

    Toss:
    Umpires: Muhammad Sajid & Shamim Ansari
    Referee: Nadeem Arshad
    Scorer: Fazle Azeem

    *** KRL STADIUM, RAWALPINDI

    Karachi Region Blues 143-10 in 29.5 (Khalid Latif 40, 3x4s, 63 balls, Owais Rehmani 35, 2x4s, 30 balls, Danish Aziz 4-27, Anwar Ali 2-23)

    Karachi Region White: 121-5 in 25 overs (Akbar-ur-Rehman 54*, 3x4s, 65 balls, Adeel Mlaik 2-29)

    Result: Karachi Region White won by 8 runs (D/L)

    Toss: Karachi Region White
    Umpires: Tahir Shah & Ghaffar Kazmi
    Referee: Shahid Butt
    Scorer: Muhammad Zeeshan

    *** DIAMOND GROUND, ISLAMABAD

    Islamabad Region 175-9 in 35 overs (Abid Ali 68, 3x4s, 4x6s, 59 balls, Sarmad Bhatti 22, 2x4s, 33 balls, Sadaf Hussain 4-32, Sohaib Maqsood 2-33)

    Rawalpindi Region 178-2 in 27.5 overs (Naved Malik 110*, 14x4s, 3x6s, 86 balls, Awais Zia 36, 5x4s, 41 balls, Yasir Hameed 22, 38 balls, Ahmed Shahzad 1-11)

    Result: Rawalpindi Region won by 8 wickets

    Toss: Rawalpindi Region
    Umpires: Muhammad Asif & Ahmed Shahab
    Referee: Muhammad Anees
    Scorer: Adnan Farooq


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    22,267
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like they're playing in some atrocious batting conditions. What a rubbish tournament.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    London,Hounslow
    Runs
    1,183
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Seems like they're playing in some atrocious batting conditions. What a rubbish tournament.
    Look at the run rates and wickets column.... it would seem as if they are rain reduced games not necessarily poor batting conditions.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    7,464
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sohail Khan and Mohammad Asghar played today despite being in Australia so recently, the test match only finished yesterday. Surprised they even reached Islamabad so quickly

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,527
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Chief Destroyer, @Ellipsism


    Esteemed sirs please tell me what were Junaid's figures in today's match. Please, please I can't seem to figure out.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  35. #35
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,113
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 2840
Size:  129.0 KB

    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 2942
Size:  120.1 KB

    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2931
Size:  129.8 KB
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 8th January 2017 at 19:22.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  36. #36
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,113
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Saud Shakeel batting at #9. @TalentSpotterPk @MMHS

    Three overs for Ghulam Mudassar bowling first change because Anwar Ali is the best opening bowler.

    Two overs for Shadab Khan.

    SIX overs for Arsal Sheikh (got thrashed).

    Openers batting at SR of 50 in 30-35 over matches.

    Oh, and no Haris Sohail - he was going to be playing for Islamabad.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 8th January 2017 at 16:38.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,527
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Saud Shakeel batting at #9. @TalentSpotterPk @MMHS

    Three overs for Ghulam Mudassar bowling first change because Anwar Ali is the best opening bowler.

    Two overs for Shadab Khan.

    Six overs for Arsal Sheikh.

    Openers batting at SR of 50 in 30-35 over matches.

    Oh, and no Haris Sohail - he was going to be playing for Islamabad.
    He even batted below SK and Muhammad Sami.

    Karachi ki team is TTF galore


    Khurram Manzoor, Khalid Latif, Muhammad Sami, Sohail Khan, Fawad Alam. Bus Faisal Iqbal ki kami thi, osko bhi daal dehtay


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,159
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    He even batted below SK and Muhammad Sami.

    Karachi ki team is TTF galore


    Khurram Manzoor, Khalid Latif, Muhammad Sami, Sohail Khan, Fawad Alam. Bus Faisal Iqbal ki kami thi, osko bhi daal dehtay
    May be injured or something, I don't think so a team management could be that awful but its Pakistan cricket so you never know, IF international team can recall Hafeez then anything can happen,

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,954
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Saud Shakeel batting at #9. @TalentSpotterPk @MMHS

    Three overs for Ghulam Mudassar bowling first change because Anwar Ali is the best opening bowler.

    Two overs for Shadab Khan.

    Six overs for Arsal Sheikh.

    Openers batting at SR of 50 in 30-35 over matches.

    Oh, and no Haris Sohail - he was going to be playing for Islamabad.

    Thanks alot for highlighting. Its a national service.

    Saud's, Shadab's and Ghulam's treatment is terrible. Especially Saud's.

    Sick minds operate like this. Insecure Crap people.


    Still no matter how hard they try they cannot stop these three.

    Hope the players stay strong and fight it out.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  40. #40
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    11,629
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Why are the department players playing for regions is well?

    Unfair on those, that only play for their regions and have to sit for the department guys.

    Maybe, if the player didn't play much for his department, then you can have a case and play for a region, but some of the guys there have been playing regularly.

    Ridiculous to see.


    I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,156
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    @Chief Destroyer, @Ellipsism


    Esteemed sirs please tell me what were Junaid's figures in today's match. Please, please I can't seem to figure out.
    If you look across the scorecards no team has crossed two hundred yet. I wonder what that tells us?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    14,227
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Saud Shakeel batting at #9. @TalentSpotterPk @MMHS

    Three overs for Ghulam Mudassar bowling first change because Anwar Ali is the best opening bowler.

    Two overs for Shadab Khan.

    SIX overs for Arsal Sheikh (got thrashed).

    Openers batting at SR of 50 in 30-35 over matches.

    Oh, and no Haris Sohail - he was going to be playing for Islamabad.
    Whole concept is flawed - have you noticed, many of the players played a week back in Corporate League? There are lots of matches in PAK domestics, but hardly any quality, hence players are mentally fragile.

    Saud's problem might be self made - there is no home team concept in PAK, hence anyone can play for any team. Long back, I wrote that he should find a smaller team that will play him in top 3 & use as 5th bowler.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    6,455
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Khushdil Shah is looking good there you know, really want him in the LOI's side.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,113
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Teams gear up for second round of National One-Day Cup

    KARACHI: The captains of the eight teams in the National One-Day Cup for regions have praised the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) decision to allow the inclusion of four players from the departmental teams, saying that this would increase the level of competition in the tournament.

    “Previously, the top players played for the departments while the rest were left for the regions. The level of competition was low and the interest of people [in the matches] was also low. Now, people will come to see big names and we will also have exciting matches,” Islamabad captain Zohaib Khan told The Express Tribune.

    Meanwhile, Peshawar captain Iftikhar Ahmed, who replaced Junaid Khan in the squad after the latter left for Australia to be part of Pakistan’s ODI squad, believes the teams are fairly balanced and that the team who implements the best strategy will win.

    “In the last match FATA made it extremely difficult for us and took the match to the last over which shows the teams are balanced,” he told The Express Tribune. “We had a good plan and were able to implement it under Junaid’s captaincy, which led us to victory.”

    He added that the next match against Islamabad will be tough as they have two impact players — Shan Masood and Ahmad Shahzad — who are proven match-winners.

    Rawalpindi, who registered an easy win over Islamabad courtesy Naved Malik’s unbeaten 101, are looking to maintain their good form with captain Sohail Tanvir emphasising the importance of good opening partnerships from the batsmen.

    “Openers are the ones who mostly set the tone of the match and I am happy to say that we have good ones. If we have a good opening partnership, like in the first match, we will certainly win the next match against FATA,” he said.

    Meanwhile, Karachi Whites bowler Tabish Khan, who finished as the second highest wicket-taker in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, is looking to take one step further by becoming the highest wicket-taker in the competition. “I am really looking forward to improving on my performance in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy. This tournament is extremely exciting and I hope I will be able to perform with the ball.”

    In the round two matches, Rawalpindi will face FATA, Peshawar will take on Islamabad, Karachi Blues will lock horns with Lahore Blues and Karachi Whites will play Lahore Whites.

    http://tribune.com.pk/story/1289346/...l-one-day-cup/


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,270
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    KARACHI: The captains of the eight teams in the National One-Day Cup for regions have praised the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) decision to allow the inclusion of four players from the departmental teams, saying that this would increase the level of competition in the tournament.

    “Previously, the top players played for the departments while the rest were left for the regions. The level of competition was low and the interest of people [in the matches] was also low. Now, people will come to see big names and we will also have exciting matches,” Islamabad captain Zohaib Khan told The Express Tribune.

    Meanwhile, Peshawar captain Iftikhar Ahmed, who replaced Junaid Khan in the squad after the latter left for Australia to be part of Pakistan’s ODI squad, believes the teams are fairly balanced and that the team who implements the best strategy will win.

    “In the last match FATA made it extremely difficult for us and took the match to the last over which shows the teams are balanced,” he told The Express Tribune. “We had a good plan and were able to implement it under Junaid’s captaincy, which led us to victory.”

    He added that the next match against Islamabad will be tough as they have two impact players — Shan Masood and Ahmad Shahzad — who are proven match-winners.

    Rawalpindi, who registered an easy win over Islamabad courtesy Naved Malik’s unbeaten 101, are looking to maintain their good form with captain Sohail Tanvir emphasising the importance of good opening partnerships from the batsmen.

    “Openers are the ones who mostly set the tone of the match and I am happy to say that we have good ones. If we have a good opening partnership, like in the first match, we will certainly win the next match against FATA,” he said.

    Meanwhile, Karachi Whites bowler Tabish Khan, who finished as the second highest wicket-taker in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, is looking to take one step further by becoming the highest wicket-taker in the competition. “I am really looking forward to improving on my performance in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy. This tournament is extremely exciting and I hope I will be able to perform with the ball.”

    In the round two matches, Rawalpindi will face FATA, Peshawar will take on Islamabad, Karachi Blues will lock horns with Lahore Blues and Karachi Whites will play Lahore Whites.

    http://tribune.com.pk/story/1289346/...l-one-day-cup/
    is haris sohail in this tournie. who is he playing for?


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    80,484
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    is haris sohail in this tournie. who is he playing for?
    See Haris Sohail thread

    He is playing against visiting Malaysia side


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  47. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    470
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should they even be playing Cricket in Islamabad in January? Are fans even turning up in icy conditions???

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    24,820
    Mentioned
    2502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    NATIONAL ONE DAY CUP - REGIONS 2016-17

    ROUND TWO

    January 10, 2017

    ***PINDI STADIUM, RAWALPINDI

    Lahore Region White: 150-7 in 24 overs (Anas Mahmood 56, 4x4s, 1x6, 51 balls, Usman Sallahuddin 29, 2x4s, 39 balls, Rizwan Hussain 28, 2x4s, 1x6, 21 balls, Anwar Ali 3-36, Tabish Khan 2-33)

    Karachi Region White 153-3 in 22.2 overs (Akbar-ur-Rehman 43, 5x4s, 1x6, 41 balls, Saad Ali 41*, 5x4s, 40 balls, Ahsan Ali 34, 5x4s, 30 balls, Anwar Ali 20*, 3x4s, 12 balls, Qaiser Ashraf 2-26)

    (Match reduced to 24 overs due to wet out field)

    Result: Karachi Region White won by 7 wickets

    Toss: Karachi Region White

    Umpires: Muhammad Sajid & Majid Hussain

    TV Umpires: Ahsan Raza

    Referee: Nadeem Arshad

    Scorer: Shakeel Ahmed


    *** MARGAZAR GROUND, ISLAMABAD

    FATA Region 224-10 in 46.4 overs (Hussain Tallat 123, 9x4s, 3x6s, 139 balls, Adeel Basit 24, 1x4, 2x6s, 45 balls, Kashif Bhatti 3-40, Sadaf Hussain 3-42, Sohail Tanveer 2-27)

    Rawalpindi Region 218-10 in 49.4 overs (Shadab Khan 56, 4x4s, 2x6s, 63 balls, Sohaib Maqsood 38, 1x4, 2x6s, 71 balls, Umer Waheed 35, 3x4s, 42 balls, Awais Zia 30, 5x4s, 36 balls, Yasir Hameed 20, 2x4s, 23 balls, Kashif Bhatti 20, 2x4s, 34 balls, Asif Afridi 2-29, Saad Altaf 2-32, Muhammad Irfan 2-56)

    Result: FATA Region won by 6 runs

    Toss: Rawalpindi Region

    Umpires: Ahmed Shahab & Adnan Rashid
    Referee: Shahid Butt

    Scorer: Fazle Azeem


    *** KRL GROUND, RAWALPINDI

    Lahore Region Blues 217-8 in 46 overs (Kamran Akmal 47, 4x4s, 72 balls, Saad Nasim 40, 3x4s, 42 balls, Raza Ali Dar 31, 1x4, 43 balls, Salman Ali Agha 25, 1x4, 34 balls, Sohail Khan 4-34, Muhammad Asghar 3-47)

    Karachi Region Blues 204-5 in 43 overs (Khurram Manzoor 114*, 10x4s, 133 balls, Fazal Subhan 42, 2x4s, 1x6, 59 balls, Saad Nasim 1-23, Waqas Ahmed 1-28)

    (Match reduced to 47 overs due to wet out field)

    Result: Karachi Region Blues won by 10 runs (D/L)

    Toss: Karachi Region Blues

    Umpires: Aslam Bareach & Zameer Haider
    Referee: Aziz-ur-Rehman

    Scorer: Muhammad Zeeshan


    *** DIAMOND GROUND, ISLAMABAD

    Islamabad Region 245-6 in 47 overs (Faizan Riaz 78, 6x4s, 1x6, 76 balls, Shahid Yousaf 59, 4x4s, 2x6s, 65 balls, Zohaib Ahmed 36*, 3x4s, 1x6, 27 balls, Ahmed Shahzad 32, 5x4s, 43 balls, Khalid Usman 2-36, Aziz Ullah 2-49)

    Peshawar Region 135-10 in 32.2 overs (Iftikhar Ahmed 31, 3x4s, 46 balls, Gohar Ali 27, 4x4s, 31 balls, Khalid Usman 23, 1x4, 39 balls, Sahibzada Farhan 21, 3x4s, 26 balls, Shahzad Azam 4-30, Ali Imran 2-29)

    (Match reduced to 47 overs due to wet out field)

    Result: Islamabad Region won by 110 runs

    Toss: Peshawar Region

    Umpires: Muhammad Asif & Tahir Shah
    Referee: Khalid Niazi

    Scorer: Adnan Farooq

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,318
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sohail tanvir batting ahead of shadab,,,,

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    sohail tanvir batting ahead of shadab,,,,
    He's already spoiled the career of Hammad Azam by playing him way below the order. Now he is going to derail the career of Shadab.

    He thinks that he is some kind of Garry Sobers.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,318
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
    He's already spoiled the career of Hammad Azam by playing him way below the order. Now he is going to derail the career of Shadab.

    He thinks that he is some kind of Garry Sobers.
    and anwar ali batting at number 6..what a shame..

  52. #52
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,704
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    So many rain affected matches.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,230
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    all the seniors as captains suppress the young talents under them who they think as a competitor for them or for their friends, looks like one kinda typical wannabe mentality....

  54. #54
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    7,646
    Mentioned
    1666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    After Second Round Points Table of Cool & Cool Presents Q Mobile National One Day Cup – Regions 2016-2017

    Sr. # Teams P W L Abd/NR Points N.R.R
    1 Karachi Region (W) 2 2 0 0 4 0.452
    2 Islamabad Region 2 1 1 0 2 0.939
    3 Rawalpindi Region 2 1 1 0 2 0.394
    4 FATA Region 2 1 1 0 2 -0.043
    5 Karachi Region (B) 2 1 1 0 2 -0.174
    6 Peshawar Region 2 1 1 0 2 -1.455
    7 Lahore Region (B) 2 0 1 1 1 -0.256
    8 Lahore Region (W) 2 0 1 1 1 -0.652


    Round Three Fixture of Cool & Cool Presents Q Mobile NATIONAL ONE DAY CUP - REGIONS 2016-17


    ROUND THREE

    January 12, 2017


    ***PINDI STADIUM, RAWALPINDI

    Rawalpindi Region vs. Peshawar Region (Live telecast on PTV Sports)

    Umpires: Ahsan Raza & Muhammad Asif
    TV Umpires: Ahmed Shahab
    Referee: Aziz-ur-Rehman
    Scorer: Shakeel Ahmed


    *** MARGAZAR GROUND, ISLAMABAD

    Lahore Region White vs. Karachi Region Blues

    Umpires: Aslam Bareach & Muhammad Sajid
    Referee: Muhammad Aslam
    Scorer: Fazle Azeem


    *** KRL GROUND, RAWALPINDI

    Lahore Region Blues vs. Karachi Region White

    Umpires: Majid Hussain & Saqib Khan
    Referee: Nadeem Arshad
    Scorer: Muhammad Zeeshan


    *** DIAMOND GROUND, ISLAMABA

    Islamabad Region vs. FATA Region

    Umpires: Riazuddin & Tahir Shah
    Referee: Iqbal Sheikh
    Scorer: Adnan Farooq
    Last edited by SL_Fan; 11th January 2017 at 09:00.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    80,484
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    The ODI team already selected - who really cares about this tournament?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,954
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The ODI team already selected - who really cares about this tournament?

    After a long International season there might be some injuries during the Odi series and replacements might be needed.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The ODI team already selected - who really cares about this tournament?
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    After a long International season there might be some injuries during the Odi series and replacements might be needed.
    Exactly @TalentSpotterPk and @MenInG the kids who are playing there to get selected care about this and every other tournament, their families care about such tournaments!!

  58. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    80,484
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    My point is that their performances are ignored largely with Inzi asking for talent to be unearthed


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  59. #59
    Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    766
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    My point is that their performances are ignored largely with Inzi asking for talent to be unearthed
    Is Haris going to play in this tournament ?

  60. #60
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    37,555
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    My point is that their performances are ignored largely with Inzi asking for talent to be unearthed
    Its been happening for years , inzamam is just carrying on the tradition.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,954
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Today's Update :

    Mohammad Asghar 3-15

    Shadad Khan 3-24

    Ahmed Bashir 3-30



    Naveed Malik 83

    Khurram Manzoor 77*

    Saud Shakeel 67

    Khalid Usman 66

    Sohaib Maqsood 65*

    Israrullah 49

    Imam ul Haq 38


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    My point is that their performances are ignored largely with Inzi asking for talent to be unearthed
    Oh pardon then its a solid point, I'm sorry that I overreacted, @MenInG

  63. #63
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    80,484
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    ROUND THREE

    January 12, 2017



    ***PINDI STADIUM, RAWALPINDI

    Peshawar Region 180-10 in 42.4 overs (Khalid Usman 66, 5x4s, 3x6s, 57 balls, Israr Ullah 49, 7x4s, 68 balls, Akbar Badshah 22, 1x4, 36 balls, Shadab Khan 3-25, Sohail Tanveer 2-31, Muhammad Ramiz 2-47)

    Rawalpindi Region 183-2 in 30.5 overs (Naved Malik 83*, 11x4s, 1x6, 90 balls, Sohaib Maqsood 65, Usman Khalid 1-28, Taj Wali 1-37)

    (Match reduced to 43 overs due to wet out field)

    Result: Rawalpindi Region won by 8 wickets

    Toss: Rawalpindi Region

    Umpires: Ahsan Raza & Muhammad Asif

    TV Umpires: Ahmed Shahab
    Referee: Aziz-ur-Rehman

    Scorer: Shakeel Ahmed


    *** MARGAZAR GROUND, ISLAMABAD

    Lahore Region White 180-10 in 33.5 overs (Imam-ul-Haq 38, 6x4s, 39 balls, Umer Saddique 34, 6x4s, 42 balls, Usman Sallahuddin 26, 3x4s, 36 balls, Umaid Asif 24, 2x4s, 2x6s, 25 balls, Fawad Alam 2-40, Adeel Malik 2-50)

    Karachi Region Blues 183-5 in 33.4 overs (Khurram Manzoor 77*, 5x4s, 3x6s, 70 balls, Saud Shakeel 67, 8x4s, 85 balls, Ahmed Bashir 3-30, Adnan Rasool 2-48)

    (Match reduced to 46 overs due to wet out field)


    Result: Karachi Region Blues won by

    Toss: Karachi Region Blues

    Umpires: Aslam Bareach & Muhammad Asif
    Referee: Muhammad Aslam

    Scorer: Fazle Azeem


    *** KRL STADIUM, RAWALPINDI

    Karachi Region White 240-10 in 45.2 overs (Anwar Ali 67, 4x4s, 2x6s, 68 balls, Shahzaib Hasan 49, 5x4s, 1x6, 46 balls, Muhammad Hassan 37, 3x4s, 51 balls, Tariq Haroon 33, 3x4s, 1x6, 24 balls, Ahsan Ali 27, 4x4s, 35 balls, Waqas Ahmed 4-49, Salman Ali Agha 3-11, Bilawal Iqbal 2-55)

    Lahore Region Blues 170-10 in 43.3 overs (Raza Ali Dar 49*, 4x4s, 63 balls, Salman Ali Agha 30, 3x4s, 47 balls, Danish Aziz 3-28, Tabish Khan 3-34, Azam Hussain 2-29)


    (Match reduced to 46 overs due to wet out field)


    Result: Karachi Region White won by 70 runs

    Toss: Lahore Region Blues

    Umpires: Majid Hussain & Saqib Khan
    Referee: Nadeem Arshad

    Scorer: Muhammad Zeeshan


    *** DIAMOND GROUND, ISLAMABAD

    FATA Region 266-6 in 43 overs (Khushdil Shah 108, 7x4s, 5x6s, 114 balls, Asif Ali 57*, 5x4s, 58 balls, Fawad Khan 31, 2x4s, 3x6s, 26 balls, Muhammad Irfan 29, 3x4s, 1x6, 29 balls, Shahzad Rana 3-55 )


    Islamabad Region 270-7 in 43 overs (Faizan Riaz 51, 4x4s, 2x6s, 42 balls, Zohaib Ahmed 48*, 7x4s, 1x6, 38 balls, Sarmad Bhatti 49, 5x4s, 1x6, 65 balls, Abid Ali 39, 5x4s, 1x6, 32 balls, Shahid Yousaf 31, 5x4s, 23 balls, Asif Ali 3-54, Saad Altaf 2-51)


    (Match reduced to 43 overs due to wet out field)


    Result: Islamabad Region won by 3 wickets

    Toss: Islamabad Region

    Umpires: Riazuddin & Tahir Shah
    Referee: Iqbal Sheikh

    Scorer: Mohsin Ijaz


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  64. #64
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,318
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Today's Update :

    Mohammad Asghar 3-15

    Shadad Khan 3-24

    Ahmed Bashir 3-30



    Naveed Malik 83

    Khurram Manzoor 77*

    Saud Shakeel 67

    Khalid Usman 66

    Sohaib Maqsood 65*

    Israrullah 49

    Imam ul Haq 38
    danizh aziz looks more of a bowler from score card..

  65. #65
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,954
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    danizh aziz looks more of a bowler from score card..

    No. He is a Batsman. Quality middle order left-hand batsman in the mold of Haris Sohail.

    Very unlucky to be not given enough games for Khi in last 3 years because of Faisal Iqbal, Fahad Iqbal & few others.


    Good that he is taking wickets.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  66. #66
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,113
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1749
Size:  133.2 KB

    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1733
Size:  129.0 KB

    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1721
Size:  140.2 KB

    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1702
Size:  121.7 KB


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  67. #67
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,113
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    ISLAMABAD-The standard of Pakistan domestic cricket has been declining rapidly due to wrong policies and planning of the incompetent Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) officials, as they arrange domestic matches in unpleasant weather and also when national stars are busy in international assignments.

    In this season too, the bungling PCB officials completely forgot to keep in mind highly unfavourable weather before announcing National One-Day Cup Regions 2016-17, round one matches in Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Even a common man is fully aware of the twin cities’ weather from December to March which remains highly cold with consistent rains. In such unpleasant weather, and it is almost impossible to even think about playing 50-over matches.

    Firstly, the PCB should have delayed the tournament till March or April and waited for Pakistan Super League (PSL), as there is no major assignment of national team during that period, while it would have given chance to masses to watch their favourite players in action and secondly, if the event was to be held, it should have been held in Karachi, as weather there during these months is perfect, because days are long there, unlike of any other part of Punjab, as heavy fog and extreme cold would have not permitted 50-over matches.

    Sharing their concerns with this scribe, almost all the leading players were full of complaint saying the PCB should have had mercy on them. “It is almost impossible to play in such hostile weather. We are literally shivering in the cold, and there is no way 50 overs could be bowled in both the innings. The matches can’t start before 10am and the sun sets around 4:30, while overnight dew factor is another major obstacle.

    “It is normal routine worldwide, when a side wins the toss, they normally try to bat first and put up decent total on the board. But in Pakistan, the team, which won the toss, invite opposition to bat first and also the toss winning team had more chances of victory than the other team,” they added.

    Some of the top national team players, on condition of anonymity, told this scribe that the PCB had made huge blunder by giving regions money to prepare kits. “The kits were not properly prepared and monograms were missing, which were installed in a hurry before start of the second match. The material used in preparing the kits is highly substandard which isn’t good enough to save the players from such a chilled weather and same is the case with sweaters, which are also poor quality.”

    Speaking about rude and unprofessional behaviour of the security personnel deployed at KRL Stadium, where some high-profile matches are going to be held in next couple of days, top cricketers said: “We were stopped for a long at the entrance by the guards, who wanted us to enter the stadium with entire team. The KRL pitch is also a nightmare and it seems ground authorities never bothered to improve its worsening condition and it looks like same old pitch has been utilised since long.”

    http://nation.com.pk/sports/12-Jan-2...ricket-decline
    This article from the other thread is also relevant here.

    PCB
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th January 2017 at 17:44.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,318
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    This article from other thread also relevant here.

    PCB
    wahat can i say...verry poor from pcb and i will say pmln goverment.

  69. #69
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,752
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bashir, if he can swing the ball is a very good prospect. He's got a repeatable action, generates lift and bowls fast-medium at least.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,113
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    After Third Round Points Table of Cool & Cool Presents Q Mobile National One Day Cup – Regions 2016-2017


    Sr. # Teams P W L Abd/NR Points N.R.R
    1 Karachi Region (W) 3 3 0 0 6 0.959
    2 Rawalpindi Region 3 2 1 0 4 0.805
    3 Islamabad Region 3 2 1 0 4 0.606
    4 Karachi Region (B) 3 2 1 0 4 0.585
    5 FATA Region 3 1 2 0 2 -0.065
    6 Peshawar Region 3 1 2 0 2 -1.543
    7 Lahore Region (B) 3 0 2 1 1 -1.304
    8 Lahore Region (W) 3 0 2 1 1 -0.91

    ROUND FOUR

    January 14, 2017

    ***PINDI STADIUM, RAWALPINDI

    Islamabad Region vs. Lahore Region Whites (Live telecast on PTV Sports)

    Umpires: Riazuddin & Imtiaz Iqbal
    TV Umpires: Khalid Mahmood Sr.
    Reserve Umpire: Tahir Shah
    Referee: Aziz-ur-Rehman
    Scorer: Shakeel Ahmed


    *** DIAMOND GROUND, ISLAMABAD

    Rawalpindi Region vs. Lahore Region Blues

    Umpires: Muhammad Sajid & Tahir Rasheed
    Referee: Iqbal Sheikh
    Scorer: Adnan Farooq


    *** MARGAZAR GROUND, ISLAMABAD

    FATA Region vs. Karachi Region Blues

    Umpires: Ahsan Raza & Ahmed Shahab
    Referee: Muhammad Aslam
    Scorer: Fazle Azeem


    *** ARBAB NIAZ STADIUM, PESHAWAR

    Peshawar Region vs. Karachi Region White

    Umpires: Shozab Raza & Qaisar Waheed
    Referee: Khalid Niazi
    Scorer: Aamer Khan


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the starting time of these matches?? @MenInG @Abdullah719

  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Multan,Layyah Pakistan
    Runs
    919
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Match between isb and Lahore is live on ptv sports right now with isb captain zohaib Ahmad optining to bowl.


    I love u Pakistan

  73. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    80,484
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    First match in this OD Cup starting on time apparently.

    Fog and faulty lights apparently


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  74. #74
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    80,484
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1573
Size:  41.5 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,318
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1573
Size:  41.5 KB
    commmentators are discussing modern crcket strategy..meanwhile arsal sheikh is on...lolz/...

  76. #76
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    37,555
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL , whats so special about arsal? Looks like a part time bowler.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    37,555
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This anas guy is so limited.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    37,555
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chishti keeps calling arsal 'arshal' for some reason.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about score update
    ??

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    37,555
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bRILLIANT SHOT :6 , LAST BALL.

    salahuddin not out 90.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •