Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"I have some time off now, so I will sit down calmly and make a decision about my future" : Misbah

Misbah speaking after the conclusion of the Australia Test series:

"After the 1st Test, we were confident because of the way we batted. Then we started well at the MCG, scoring well in the first innings. But the last day at the MCG was the biggest disappointment and we were demoralised and couldn't recover. Australia isn't an easy place to tour."

"Lot of positives in the batting, Azhar, Asad, Younis, Sarfraz scored runs along with some of the tailenders. This will be useful for them later in their careers."

"Our bowling has always been our strength but bit disappointed that we couldn't take 20 wickets in any Test match here. Thus we were always behind the game every time. People say it's not easy for Asian batsmen to score runs here but what I've seen is that it's difficult for an Asian side to take 20 wickets here. It's an art and that's what mainly cost us the series."

"Australian spinners are used to these conditions so it will be difficult for them in India. They bowled very well here. There is a difference of bounce which is why our spinners struggle in these conditions while bowlers from here also find it difficult to get used to the turning tracks. The Indian strong batting lineup will be a tough test for them, they are batting beautifully in their own conditions."

"I've always said confidence plays a big role in cricket. If you get a good start it becomes easy for you. If you start well on a tour with a couple of good innings it helps but that didn't happen for me. I was short of confidence throughout the series and made wrong decisions and played bad shots under pressure."

"I have some time off now, there's an ODI series and then PSL, so I will sit down calmly and think about my future."

"It's important for us to gain experience of these conditions. If you aren't touring Aus, SA more often, this can happen again and again. I have suggested that some of our players should be sent regularly to Australia to play in academies and gain some practice here. Some of the guys who are in line for selection should be sent to SA, Australia on a regular basis for a couple of months to play some games. That's the only way to improve. If you're coming here after 5-6 years and several of the players are coming for the first time, you will struggle."

"You can say this series had a good chance for Pakistan to win a match in Australia. But in 1999, the team was one of the strongest in terms of the bowling attack, experience, batting - they had so many super stars but we still lost. To win in Australia, you need to get used to the conditions and as a batting and bowling unit, your fitness plays an important role. In Australia you need supreme fitness."

"We have a lot of positives in the ODI team, Azhar Ali is in good shape and is performing. We saw a glimpse of Sharjeel, he's a destructive player. We can do well, ODI cricket suits us. If you play well on the day, you can do well. It's a young, exciting side and we should believe we can do well specially with some of the youngsters performing. Both the captain and vice-captain are doing well. These conditions could suit a bowler like Mohammad Irfan."
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th January 2017 at 05:08.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "We can do well, ODI cricket suits us..."

Sir we were languishing at number nine in the rankings just a couple of months ago and we climbed a mountain and reached number eight.
    Last edited by jeetu; 7th January 2017 at 06:45.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's still thinking about it. Ridiculous.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Goes to show why we reached such depths in our ODI rankings, when the previous ODI captain (and also the one responsible for our situation) says that ODI suits us.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lmao Misbah ODI is the format that least suits us

"Sarfraz is like oxygen for this team" - Misbah-ul-Haq

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's a young, exciting side and we should believe we can do well specially with some of the youngsters performing.
    Apart from Hassan Ali and Babar Azam, who might be the youngsters in the ODI lineup ?? Or is he considering Asad Shafiq and Irfan as one ??

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is left for thinking?
    Just retire...ODIs and psl got nothing to do with retirement.

Look at Afridi, he promised to retire after wc, but he did not...and lost face ... do not do it to yourself.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys i thought misbah being a gentleman would announce his retirement after mcg test itself but still gave him benifit of doubt thinking that he will retire after sydney test but it seems like he is from the same dhoni mould for whom white washes doesnt make any difference.now u guys can vent u r anger as much as u can as he has not retired immediatelf after this test.i will not be shocked if he announces retirement after 2 or 3 days after reaching pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those thinking that Misbah would retire are sadly mistaken. Misbah has a history of not realizing when it is the right time to leave.

He was kicked out of the T20 side, had to be dropped from the ODI side and now is desperately clinging onto the test side. He would never leave unless you force him out.

He is no righteous, angelic figure that some make him out to be.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He should be offered some high paying PCB job to make the decision easier.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Shehryar Khan wants to continue and I guess he will continue.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Apart from Hassan Ali and Babar Azam, who might be the youngsters in the ODI lineup ?? Or is he considering Asad Shafiq and Irfan as one ??
    Well he keeps referring to Azhar, Asad, and Sarfraz as "youngsters" so ...

"Sarfraz is like oxygen for this team" - Misbah-ul-Haq

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Misbah doing just that by clinging on to the Test team.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Was half-hoping he'd call a presser and announce his retirement..

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's still thinking about it?

What's there to think man.

Just leave while you are still respected among peers.

If you delay it even more, those who are staunchest supporters will even become the most vocal critics.

If Misbah had left after England he would have been a great captain and batsmen of Pakistan. His thinking skills are going to do a lot of damage to his legacy if he decides to continue for the West Indies swansong.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Boss is aligned with his modus operandi - while batting, while captaining, while thinking ..............
    Last edited by Haroon786; 10th January 2017 at 22:03.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So he is not retiring until gets sacked. Waiting response from SK. Really disappointed

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The thought of first series win in WI might entice him to carry on.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Keep the discussion relevant to the thread.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he would retire immediately after the test.I was wrong.Why is he clinging on when his time is clearly over?

It does not do well to dwell on dreams,and forget to live.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have zero hope for our ODI side with Azhar as captain. I used to have hope for our Test but that is also clearly gone. Our defensive approach is clearly biting us.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another example of cricketer looking to be kicked out. There is no one thinking about the interest of the country. This comes with culture setting the right examples hats off to MS Dhoni for leading by example. Country before personal milestones
    Last edited by jeetu; 7th January 2017 at 06:48.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Misbah is trying to lose the high amount of respect all his fans, supporters and not even supporters have.. Better call it a day because never did he once look strong in either of those innings. Was backing him to come good at least once, looks like I've been proved wrong because he always looked like a chicken on tenterhooks.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This was expected. I think Misbah will continue at least till the WI series and if he still performs poorly then he may be forced to retire.

BTW in the post match interview he said 'youngsters' did well. To be honest Aslam and Babar both failed and Sherjeel hardly got a chance, there are no other youngsters in the side, so who exactly was he referring to?
    Last edited by sam_ahm; 7th January 2017 at 05:45. Reason: Spelling mistake

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope for not doing the same thing in odi's. Expecting 300+ runs in each of the 5 inn Aus batting first and we will be remained unable to collect 10 wickets in the match.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He must thought and decide to retire now and no other option will remain open. He has done now. Retire for himself, retire for Pakistan

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    The torture is not gonna end until after WI at the very least, boys.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ahm View Post
    This was expected. I think Misbah will continue at least till the WI series and if he still performs poorly then he may be forced to retire.

BTW in the post match interview he said 'youngsters' did well. To be honest Aslam and Babar both failed and Sherjeel hardly got a chance, there are no other youngsters in the side, so who exactly was he referring to?
    Younis I think

Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Relax! He hasn't exactly said that he'll continue. He said he'll make a decision. Maybe he'll announce his retirement once he reaches Pakistan.

The Best There Is, the Best There Was, the Best There Ever Will Be

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will retire and he just trolled many PPers here

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1069 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Outrageous comments about 1999-2000.

The team lost at Hobart in suspicious circumstances, which would have made it 1-1.

But he also omits that it was the greatest ever Aussie team.

This Aussie team had lost 5 of its last 6 Tests.

And the two massive problems were both his fault: his own batting and the lack of a fifth bowler making him overuse and wear out his three best bowlers.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blame PCB for his decision for retirement.
    they are the one don't have player ready to take place of Misbah.
    PCB is just waiting for Haris Sohail to get fit so he can be brought into test team.

Misbah already been hinting for retirement few times already. PCB should let him announce his retirement now.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You can say this series had a good chance for Pakistan to win a match in Australia. But in 1999, the team was one of the strongest in terms of the bowling attack, experience, batting - they had so many super stars but we still lost
    Way to justify current performance by past failures.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is plain shameful behaviour thinking about what?retire and also take with you the free loaders as well

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1069 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    People who argued that Misbah was coerced into carrying on know better now.

This was his chance to go before the PCB could pressure him. And he is clearly intent on continuing by hook or by crook.

But it exposes just how deluded he has been about both himself and his picks.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cm on guys...he will retire.
    As soon as he goes home...he will.
    I just cant see him carrying on till W Indies tour or beyond?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Normally things like these force players to retire and management to make some major changes. If he is not retiring now then there are 80% chances he won't retire before west indies tour. Pakistan are favorites to win the series in west indies people will forget everything after that.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    People who argued that Misbah was coerced into carrying on know better now.

This was his chance to go before the PCB could pressure him. And he is clearly intent on continuing by hook or by crook.

But it exposes just how deluded he has been about both himself and his picks.
    obviously he has given his word to the PCB - question is what is that word?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    People need to let their emotions cool down before posting. He's not going to announce his retirement there and then.

Let him go home and announce it in Pakistan.

He's been thinking about retirement ever since the England series in UAE in 2015, but only stayed on for these overseas trips to avoid giving baptism of fire to a young captain. As a player he looks finished too so I'll be shocked if he continues any further.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    Way to justify current performance by past failures.
    Right because stating fact is justifying current performance.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    has this guy forgotten that he has lead us to a record whitewash against NZ's probably weakest teams in years? We have been winning every series against them since 84.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Outrageous comments about 1999-2000.

The team lost at Hobart in suspicious circumstances, which would have made it 1-1.

But he also omits that it was the greatest ever Aussie team.

This Aussie team had lost 5 of its last 6 Tests.

And the two massive problems were both his fault: his own batting and the lack of a fifth bowler making him overuse and wear out his three best bowlers.
    No they lost in Hobart because of a combination of Langer/Gilchrist, poor umpiring, and a team that choked as always when presented with a winning situation in Australia.

Present the evidence that Hobart was due to match fixing or cut the conspiracy theories.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Normally things like these force players to retire and management to make some major changes. If he is not retiring now then there are 80% chances he won't retire before west indies tour. Pakistan are favorites to win the series in west indies people will forget everything after that.
    The guy is a manipulator, plays with emotions of the fans.

He said he'll make his decision in 3 days after shameful 2nd test defeat and consecutive 5th test loss but after 3 days he came out in the presser saying those were heat of the moment comments..he was hoping somehow he could put up a decent performance considering Aussies were playing two spinners and pitch was pretty flat but he failed once again. I'm scared to imagine what would have happened if he did score a some decent runs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Right because stating fact is justifying current performance.
    One would rather state a complete fact then. This Australian line up is not comparable to the one in 99.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Misbah is a defeated man, he should make it about himself and do the right thing, i.e. to retire with immediate effect. I personally back him to do the right thing.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Misbah is a defeated man, he should make it about himself and do the right thing, i.e. to retire with immediate effect. I personally back him to do the right thing.
    I think there is too much advice in his ears from pcb people and then family , thats why its taking him long.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Misbah will retire. He just wants to announce it on home soil.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He isn't retiring until WI series.

Been saying it for long. Although not ideal, but still don't mind playing till WI at max.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He'll retire right after the flight touches down in Pakistan. And fair enough too.

Mark this post.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People need to let their emotions cool down before posting. He's not going to announce his retirement there and then.

He's been thinking about retirement ever since the England series in UAE in 2015, but only stayed on for these overseas trips to avoid giving baptism of fire to a young captain. As a player he looks finished too so I'll be shocked if he continues any further.
    I'm sure a new captain wouldn't have done much worse than 3-0

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I'm sure a new captain wouldn't have done much worse than 3-0
    Well, another captain could have lost 3-0 and half the team in the process such as the last tour of Australia.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Well, another captain could have lost 3-0 and half the team in the process such as the last tour of Australia.
    With Rahat, Imran and Sohail in the side I'd rooting for him to lose half the side

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ohh I forgot he will announce it in front of bunch of journalists..perfect.

When he said those "3 days to think about" were just "heat of the moment comments" then what credibility this guy has to be believed. I'm sure he was looking for a big score in either of the last two innings to prolong his career which didn't happen. Now he is waiting for SHK to come in the media and tell us Pakistan need Misbah for another 1 year. Pakistan cricket is such a joke.
    Last edited by MRSN; 7th January 2017 at 13:26.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If PCB has any iota of sense then plz sack him give young captain a breathing space in Caribbean but I am not surprised as per Justice Cooke ''looks like clowns work in PC B"

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah is another Afridi in the making. Here's a guy who lost 6 consecutive Tests with his pathetic captaincy and yet he has the nerve to say "I'll think about my decision" amazing!!!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a such thing as thinking too much about a decision.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Chappell was right. Why is it up to Misbah to take the decision? In a professional institution, it would have been cricket board in the decision making position.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    Chappell was right. Why is it up to Misbah to take the decision? In a professional institution, it would have been cricket board in the decision making position.
    the guy who has to make the decision is himself 80 years old. He has age insecurity himself. If he removes Misbah on the basis of age tomorrow people will question his stay hence he is supporting Misbah. The unprofessionalism starts from the top. I'm so fed up with Pakistan cricket to be honest. There seems no hope. it seems beyond repairable. There is no accountability. I don't think any jokers in the PCB cares about fans who love cricket with passion.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let him touch down in Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    Peshsawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be very happy if Misbah and younas Khan retire simultaneously. And those who say ODI suitable for us just wast their time.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Please calmly retire so we can end this era of the tuk tuk.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Thanks skipper, so nice of Misbah; I always knew he was a perfect gentleman, who'll never involve in any arguments or disrespect seniors. Great Captain, greater human being. ...................

Now, please retire; before people protest in front of PCB office for your sacking .....

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You people are too jazbati. He'll go home, rest, and come out with a statment in a couple months announcing retirement. There is no rush, it's not like we have another test series starting next week. He knows his time is up.

Greatness is a choice. Mediocrity is a disease.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adil_909 View Post
    You people are too jazbati. He'll go home, rest, and come out with a statment in a couple months announcing retirement. There is no rush, it's not like we have another test series starting next week. He knows his time is up.
    Trust me, if given any hope of no pressure from the PCB, Misbah will continue to milk it as much as possible like he has done for the last 7 years.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFighter View Post
    Trust me, if given any hope of no pressure from the PCB, Misbah will continue to milk it as much as possible like he has done for the last 7 years.
    oh please, give it a rest. you were so badly humiliated with your vendetta youve had to take the cowards route and reinvent your profile here. facts are that not only was misbah the saviour of pakistan cricket since 2010, that everybody in the world of cricket with any professional strategic standing has publicly stated, he was one of the top two performers.

his tuk tuking accusations have been comprehensively exposed as bs by sky as well as anyone else looking at facts. hes been singluarly professional and excellent as a statesman and a player in his career. the fact hes getting to the end of it and is being begged to stay by an incompetent chairman of an incompetent board that has failed to implement any forward planning is now not his fault.

it says far more about you that you are misrepresenting that and conflating it with lies about his performance than anything else.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    oh please, give it a rest. you were so badly humiliated with your vendetta youve had to take the cowards route and reinvent your profile here. facts are that not only was misbah the saviour of pakistan cricket since 2010, that everybody in the world of cricket with any professional strategic standing has publicly stated, he was one of the top two performers.

his tuk tuking accusations have been comprehensively exposed as bs by sky as well as anyone else looking at facts. hes been singluarly professional and excellent as a statesman and a player in his career. the fact hes getting to the end of it and is being begged to stay by an incompetent chairman of an incompetent board that has failed to implement any forward planning is now not his fault.

it says far more about you that you are misrepresenting that and conflating it with lies about his performance than anything else.
    He inherited Pakistan cricket in a mess and he is leaving it in a mess, 5th place in test rankings. 8th place in ODI rankings and failed 2015 world cup campaign.

He constantly kept selecting over 30s friends of his and groomed nobody apart from useless in ODI Azhar Ali and Shafiq just like him.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    He inherited Pakistan cricket in a mess and he is leaving it in a mess, 5th place in test rankings. 8th place in ODI rankings and failed 2015 world cup campaign.

He constantly kept selecting over 30s friends of his and groomed nobody apart from useless in ODI Azhar Ali and Shafiq just like him.
    did he? when was he appointed selector for the national squad? without him youre convonced we would be at number one in all formats with the state of the pcb and their management appointments?

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    facts are that not only was misbah the saviour of pakistan cricket since 2010,
    Saviour of Pakistan cricket? This is why Misbah fans are irritating. The over the top adulation and the inability to accept justified criticism of Misbah.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blistering Barnacle View Post
    Saviour of Pakistan cricket? This is why Misbah fans are irritating. The over the top adulation and the inability to accept justified criticism of Misbah.
    1) its the only way of making a point to people with the memory of a goldfish
    2) its a quote from pretty much any cricketing commentator worth his salt thoughout the world, with the exception of the cunning strategic excellence of mohammed yousuf
    3) we were on the verge of exclusion from the icc as a country post 2010, and were on the receiving end of possibly the most hostile reception throughout the world since the rebel tours to south africa - he navigated us through that without any of the controvercy that every single captain prior had their careers riddled with - and that too under the tenure of chairmen like ijaz butt.

to say he was a saviour of pakistan cricket is fact, not speculation. it doesnt mean he is the reincarnation of jesus, is better that bradman, or that has cured cancer. its a simple statement of fact. it doesnt mean more than that, and it doenst mean less. give credit where its due and move on rather than vilifying someone because youre too lazy to recall more than four seconds worth of history.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    didnt he reach pak yet.. why not announcing his retirement..

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) its the only way of making a point to people with the memory of a goldfish
    2) its a quote from pretty much any cricketing commentator worth his salt thoughout the world, with the exception of the cunning strategic excellence of mohammed yousuf
    3) we were on the verge of exclusion from the icc as a country post 2010, and were on the receiving end of possibly the most hostile reception throughout the world since the rebel tours to south africa - he navigated us through that without any of the controvercy that every single captain prior had their careers riddled with - and that too under the tenure of chairmen like ijaz butt.

to say he was a saviour of pakistan cricket is fact, not speculation. it doesnt mean he is the reincarnation of jesus, is better that bradman, or that has cured cancer. its a simple statement of fact. it doesnt mean more than that, and it doenst mean less. give credit where its due and move on rather than vilifying someone because youre too lazy to recall more than four seconds worth of history.
    All I can say is that we just have some incredibly low standards whereby not making a fool of yourself as the captain and not bringing the country into disrepute through incompetence or corruption is now worthy of being called a saviour.

My criticisms of Misbah have to do with cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Come on, PCB. Announce a retirement series for Younis and Misbah in Pakistan, against a minnow side like Afghanistan. It would not only allow them to retire in a respectful manner but would help Afghanistan achieve full member status.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither Misbah or Afridi will retire. If they retire, their PSL contracts will come to end quickly. By not retiring officially the PSL teams will keep picking them for next 2 years. Anyways, players market value officially goes down quickly, if they retire officially.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    its not just that there isn't a test series, but Pakistan needs Misbah to announce his retirement (or say he won't retire) so they can move on and start planning for the future

can't wait till a few weeks before the next series for Misbah to announce his retirement. He needs to make a decision so PCB can plan ahead

this state of indecision may suit Misbah, but it hurt Pakistan cricket

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    its not just that there isn't a test series, but Pakistan needs Misbah to announce his retirement (or say he won't retire) so they can move on and start planning for the future

can't wait till a few weeks before the next series for Misbah to announce his retirement. He needs to make a decision so PCB can plan ahead

this state of indecision may suit Misbah, but it hurt Pakistan cricket
    The next test series is in the summer. Whether he announces it now, or he announces in March, it makes no difference. He is a smart and thoughtful person, and he doesn't do things impulsively (unlike the vast majority of our people). He won't wait until 2 weeks before the start of the tour to make an announcement. But he has been more most successful test captain. He has earned the right to announce retirement on his own terms.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no such thing as a savior in sports. But he's been the most successful captain in recent memory. He's got the team united and with no major controversies in years. When was the last time that happened? He's earned the right to announce retirement on his own terms. Not sure why that is so hard for people to digest.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All I can say is that we just have some incredibly low standards whereby not making a fool of yourself as the captain and not bringing the country into disrepute through incompetence or corruption is now worthy of being called a saviour.

My criticisms of Misbah have to do with cricket.
    true. Some people call Misbah legends for his social skills which are entirely different to his cricket and captaincy skills. Some people need to differentiate these two. We don't have anything personal with Misbah but the criticism is purely based on cricketing grounds. While I appreciate his efforts for keeping team together after scandal I can't go easy like some folks with his skills as a batsman and his leadership qualities as a captain.He has been leading the team for six years. This is a national team not someone's personal team and they are not beyond criticism. Cricket is the only sport sadly I follow and this is why it makes me very sad to see the ever deteriorating condition of Pakistan cricket. It is become more and more about the personalities rather than the cricket team. If keeping Umar Akmal out of the team improves conditions of our team I'm all for that..team should always come first not personalities. At the moment it looks like some people are still willing to give Misbah one more series because he did so much to keep this team together. I fail to understand what is really going on in their brains? sad reality is with Misbah people distort facts to suit their arguments.
    Last edited by MRSN; 11th January 2017 at 17:49.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The next test series is in the summer. Whether he announces it now, or he announces in March, it makes no difference. He is a smart and thoughtful person, and he doesn't do things impulsively (unlike the vast majority of our people). He won't wait until 2 weeks before the start of the tour to make an announcement. But he has been more most successful test captain. He has earned the right to announce retirement on his own terms.
    no player in history has earned the the right to announce retirement on their terms!

Pakistan cricket made Misbah, Misbah didn't make Pakistan cricket

and announcing retirement after the 2nd Auz test would've been impulsive, he's past that point now. Every day that Misbah doesn't announce his retirement is a day wasted for PCB to start working on a rebuild