Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"I have some time off now, so I will sit down calmly and make a decision about my future" : Misbah

Misbah speaking after the conclusion of the Australia Test series:

"After the 1st Test, we were confident because of the way we batted. Then we started well at the MCG, scoring well in the first innings. But the last day at the MCG was the biggest disappointment and we were demoralised and couldn't recover. Australia isn't an easy place to tour."

"Lot of positives in the batting, Azhar, Asad, Younis, Sarfraz scored runs along with some of the tailenders. This will be useful for them later in their careers."

"Our bowling has always been our strength but bit disappointed that we couldn't take 20 wickets in any Test match here. Thus we were always behind the game every time. People say it's not easy for Asian batsmen to score runs here but what I've seen is that it's difficult for an Asian side to take 20 wickets here. It's an art and that's what mainly cost us the series."

"Australian spinners are used to these conditions so it will be difficult for them in India. They bowled very well here. There is a difference of bounce which is why our spinners struggle in these conditions while bowlers from here also find it difficult to get used to the turning tracks. The Indian strong batting lineup will be a tough test for them, they are batting beautifully in their own conditions."

"I've always said confidence plays a big role in cricket. If you get a good start it becomes easy for you. If you start well on a tour with a couple of good innings it helps but that didn't happen for me. I was short of confidence throughout the series and made wrong decisions and played bad shots under pressure."

"I have some time off now, there's an ODI series and then PSL, so I will sit down calmly and think about my future."

"It's important for us to gain experience of these conditions. If you aren't touring Aus, SA more often, this can happen again and again. I have suggested that some of our players should be sent regularly to Australia to play in academies and gain some practice here. Some of the guys who are in line for selection should be sent to SA, Australia on a regular basis for a couple of months to play some games. That's the only way to improve. If you're coming here after 5-6 years and several of the players are coming for the first time, you will struggle."

"You can say this series had a good chance for Pakistan to win a match in Australia. But in 1999, the team was one of the strongest in terms of the bowling attack, experience, batting - they had so many super stars but we still lost. To win in Australia, you need to get used to the conditions and as a batting and bowling unit, your fitness plays an important role. In Australia you need supreme fitness."

"We have a lot of positives in the ODI team, Azhar Ali is in good shape and is performing. We saw a glimpse of Sharjeel, he's a destructive player. We can do well, ODI cricket suits us. If you play well on the day, you can do well. It's a young, exciting side and we should believe we can do well specially with some of the youngsters performing. Both the captain and vice-captain are doing well. These conditions could suit a bowler like Mohammad Irfan."
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th January 2017 at 05:08.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!