Instagram


Pakistan v South Africa June 07

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,125
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    "Not my call but if I was in Misbah's position, I would have retired at this point" : Wasim Akram

    Wasim Akram speaking on TV after whitewash in Australia:

    "When there were 2 days left in the game, after seeing the way Australia batted, I knew we wouldn't survive. You lose 90% of your matches when you go into your shell. We had a few partnerships in patches."

    "Younis played a fantastic knock in the first innings and I'm all for records. He's the best player Pakistan has produced, record-wise. But in the second innings with mid-on up, he played a big shot and got out - this was the time when they needed to show some fight."

    "We went to Aus in 99/00 and lost three nil but we fought in the first two Tests, the matches were close."

    "The captaincy was being criticised by all the commentators with fielders being sent to the boundary whenever a four was hit. Yasir Shah was inexplicably bowling a middle and leg line to left-handers. If I was captain, I'd make him bowl outside - that's how you can stop the runs as well as get wickets."

    "Look at our bowling, they're making 600+ and going at 7 an over. There was no plan. Bowling was all over the shop. You get hit on flat wickets so you need to bowl in the channel outside off with a couple of slips. Here, none of the bowlers could even bowl a consistent length."

    "When a guy like Yasir has gotten 100 wickets in just 16-17 matches then there will be expectations of him. That will remain. We make dead wickets in UAE and beat any team and pretend as though we've achieved something great."

    "We'll go to West Indies and if we win, as they're a poor team then we'll forget all about the future. 2-4 new players should be inducted. The selectors need to look at other things besides stats, anyone can pick out the top performers. You need to pick someone who you can see has a spark and give him chances so that in a year or so, he can do something consistently for Pakistan. Risks need to be taken for the future."

    "The ODI team has the same faces and it looks like a very casually picked side. Australia is a formidable side in ODIs. Australia will look to score 325-350 in all the ODIs. Asad Shafiq has been retained for the ODI side after his Gabba hundred but he never plays so what's the point? He should either get a consistent run or be left out of the team altogether."

    "I saw an article a couple of days ago where a senior player is allegedly saying that the coach is too strict - well if the team is losing, do you expect him to give out ladoos? The management should know who is giving out this information, I am well aware of who it is."

    "Not my call about Misbah but we want fresh faces in the team. We are losing anyway. I am really tired of answering this question. If I was in Misbah's position, I would have retired at this point."
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th January 2017 at 20:09.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,621
    Mentioned
    652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah lovers will come and attack Waz for his own performance in Australia. Can't bear to see anything said against King Misbah the saviour of Pakistan and Test Captain till eternity.
    Last edited by jeetu; 11th January 2017 at 07:58.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,779
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Misbah lovers will come and attack Waz for his own performance in Australia. Can't bear to see anything said against King Misbah the saviour of Pakistan and Test Captain till eternity.
    Waz was one of the finest to visit those shores.
    Last edited by jeetu; 11th January 2017 at 07:59.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  4. #4
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,166
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong in making dead pitches and destroying opposition.

    I am pretty sure it was either Sarfraz or Wahab complaining.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    382
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Misbah lovers will come and attack Waz for his own performance in Australia. Can't bear to see anything said against King Misbah the saviour of Pakistan and Test Captain till eternity.
    Funny because I haven't seen one Misbah fan that has said he should stay, everyone agrees that's its his time to go.
    Last edited by jeetu; 11th January 2017 at 07:59.

  6. #6
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,166
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by static View Post
    Funny because I haven't seen one Misbah fan that has said he should stay, everyone agrees that's its his time to go.
    Everyone besides Shahryar.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    16,632
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    nothing much wrong in what he said. Has also alluded to another senior player in the last sentence,

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    17,050
    Mentioned
    925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Misbah is unfortunately losing respect at pretty good speed at the moment.


    جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

  9. #9
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Dubai/Glasgow*
    Runs
    7,179
    Mentioned
    1075 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhump View Post
    Misbah is unfortunately losing respect at pretty good speed at the moment.
    Just like Afridi did after the 2011 WC.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Google+, Facebook and Instagram!

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Dubai/Glasgow*
    Runs
    7,179
    Mentioned
    1075 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Wasim Akram speaking on TV after whitewash in Australia:

    "When there were 2 days left in the game, after seeing the way Australia batted, I knew we wouldn't survive. You lose 90% of your matches when you go into your shell. We had a few partnerships in patches."

    "Younis played a fantastic knock in the first innings and I'm all for records. He's the best player Pakistan has produced, record-wise. But in the second innings with mid-on up, he played a big shot and got out - this was the time when they needed to show some fight."

    "We went to Aus in 99/00 and lost three nil but we fought in the first two Tests, the matches were close."

    "The captaincy was being criticised by all the commentators with fielders being sent to the boundary whenever a four was hit. Yasir Shah was inexplicably bowling a middle and leg line to left-handers. If I was captain, I'd make him bowl outside - that's how you can stop the runs as well as get wickets."

    "Look at our bowling, they're making 600+ and going at 7 an over. There was no plan. Bowling was all over the shop. You get hit on flat wickets so you need to bowl in the channel outside off with a couple of slips. Here, none of the bowlers could even bowl a consistent length."

    "When a guy like Yasir has gotten 100 wickets in just 16-17 matches then there will be expectations of him. That will remain. We make dead wickets in UAE and beat any team and pretend as though we've achieved something great."

    "We'll go to West Indies and if we win, as they're a poor team then we'll forget all about the future. 2-4 new players should be inducted. The selectors need to look at other things besides stats, anyone can pick out the top performers. You need to pick someone who you can see has a spark and give him chances so that in a year or so, he can do something consistently for Pakistan. Risks need to be taken for the future."

    "The ODI team has the same faces and it looks like a very casually picked side. Australia is a formidable side in ODIs. Australia will look to score 325-250 in all the ODIs. Asad Shafiq has been retained for the ODI side after his Gabba hundred but he never plays so what's the point? He should either get a consistent run or be left out of the team altogether."

    "I saw an article a couple of days ago where a senior player is allegedly saying that the coach is too strict - well if the team is losing, do you expect him to give out ladoos? The management should know who is giving out this information, I am well aware of who it is."

    "Not my call about Misbah but we want fresh faces in the team. We are losing anyway. I am really tired of answering this question. If I was in Misbah's position, I would have retired at this point."
    Typo; 325-350.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Google+, Facebook and Instagram!

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,125
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlan Khan View Post
    Typo; 325-350.
    Fixed, thanks.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  12. #12
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    2,613
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's right,it's time to go.


    Hala Madrid y nada más

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    3,998
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Agree with everything he said.

    "saw an article a couple of days ago where a senior player is allegedly saying that the coach is too strict - well if the team is losing, do you expect him to give out ladoos?" This made me laugh


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    16,916
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    misbah should have retired this philosphy of i will sit down and think about future is rubbish
    and it makes misbah look selfish now


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    1,012
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wasim bhai on :AAG.


    To conquer your flaws,you must first accept them

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Wasim Akram speaking on TV after whitewash in Australia:

    "When there were 2 days left in the game, after seeing the way Australia batted, I knew we wouldn't survive. You lose 90% of your matches when you go into your shell. We had a few partnerships in patches."

    "Younis played a fantastic knock in the first innings and I'm all for records. He's the best player Pakistan has produced, record-wise. But in the second innings with mid-on up, he played a big shot and got out - this was the time when they needed to show some fight."

    "We went to Aus in 99/00 and lost three nil but we fought in the first two Tests, the matches were close."

    "The captaincy was being criticised by all the commentators with fielders being sent to the boundary whenever a four was hit. Yasir Shah was inexplicably bowling a middle and leg line to left-handers. If I was captain, I'd make him bowl outside - that's how you can stop the runs as well as get wickets."

    "Look at our bowling, they're making 600+ and going at 7 an over. There was no plan. Bowling was all over the shop. You get hit on flat wickets so you need to bowl in the channel outside off with a couple of slips. Here, none of the bowlers could even bowl a consistent length."

    "When a guy like Yasir has gotten 100 wickets in just 16-17 matches then there will be expectations of him. That will remain. We make dead wickets in UAE and beat any team and pretend as though we've achieved something great."

    "We'll go to West Indies and if we win, as they're a poor team then we'll forget all about the future. 2-4 new players should be inducted. The selectors need to look at other things besides stats, anyone can pick out the top performers. You need to pick someone who you can see has a spark and give him chances so that in a year or so, he can do something consistently for Pakistan. Risks need to be taken for the future."

    "The ODI team has the same faces and it looks like a very casually picked side. Australia is a formidable side in ODIs. Australia will look to score 325-350 in all the ODIs. Asad Shafiq has been retained for the ODI side after his Gabba hundred but he never plays so what's the point? He should either get a consistent run or be left out of the team altogether."

    "I saw an article a couple of days ago where a senior player is allegedly saying that the coach is too strict - well if the team is losing, do you expect him to give out ladoos? The management should know who is giving out this information, I am well aware of who it is."

    "Not my call about Misbah but we want fresh faces in the team. We are losing anyway. I am really tired of answering this question. If I was in Misbah's position, I would have retired at this point."
    WASIM and INZAMAMUL HAQ have been against appointment of Misbahul Haq from the very beginning. So,just guess.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    7,087
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay, first of all I'd like to say that Wasim was an absolute legendary player without a doubt and secondly, I admit that Misbah's captaincy was rather poor during this series. However, why did Wasim not retire or step down from captaincy at the age of 34/35 when Pakistan lost 3-0 to Australia back in 2000. Let's also not forget that his team included the likes of Waqar, Inzi, Ijaz, Mushi, Saqlain, Moyo, Anwar and Akhtar.

    Not to say that Misbah shouldn't retire now but these sort of statements are beyond stupid because these people have been in similar circumstances and have held of retiring themselves.




    Sua cuique voluptas.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    2,062
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Okay, first of all I'd like to say that Wasim was an absolute legendary player without a doubt and secondly, I admit that Misbah's captaincy was rather poor during this series. However, why did Wasim not retire or step down from captaincy at the age of 34/35 when Pakistan lost 3-0 to Australia back in 2000. Let's also not forget that his team included the likes of Waqar, Inzi, Ijaz, Mushi, Saqlain, Moyo, Anwar and Akhtar.

    Not to say that Misbah shouldn't retire now but these sort of statements are beyond stupid because these people have been in similar circumstances and have held of retiring themselves.
    Say what you like about Wasim but he was an awesome bowler right to the end and was the best strategic captain pakistan has produced. The only problem with wasim in the end was his ill health and he lacked a consistent bowling partner by 2002-3. Waqar was on the wane, Shohaib was hit and miss and Sami by that stage was mostly miss. Razaq promised much...but i remember we had the likes of Mohd Akram and Fazal-e-akbar partnering him at one stage.

    on topic though, I've been a fan of Misbah for years ever since he made his debut in Newzealand in 2000 and since then in 2007. I think he brought grit and solidity to the Pakistan batting that was high on showmanship and style and little else.

    However, these last few months have shown that Misbah as a captain is stale. His defensiveness is all about having boundary riders and bowling negative lines waiting for batsmen to make mistakes. In the UAE it works but outside the UAE he needs more than that. He just doesn't cut it as a captain anymore.

    As a batsman i see little point in him continuing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •