Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know on what basis our players return , first umar akmal and now junaid khan. Do not drop them at the first place if you select them back without any signs of improvement.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    I don't know on what basis our players return , first umar akmal and now junaid khan. Do not drop them at the first place if you select them back without any signs of improvement.
    Perhaps being the highest wicket-taker in the BPL is the reason he's back? However, I do agree, his performances in recent LA matches have been mediocre. But he is the best bet we have.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Perhaps being the highest wicket-taker in the BPL is the reason he's back? However, I do agree, his performances in recent LA matches have been mediocre. But he is the best bet we have.
    Bpl ,psl and all other leagues are no measure. He has beenediocre in quaide azam and of cup.

No he is not the best bet , its time not to select players how they performed 5 years ago.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    did junaid reached brisbane for the 1st ODI.. eager to see him bowl at gabba... pak should go with 4 pacers at gabba...

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Lol, what?

I was specifically differentiating Junaid's and Sohail's bowling. Don't know how you've jump to the conclusion that I'm "narrow minded".

I happened to agree with your post that I happened to quote, in which you said you would have preferred Sohail ahead of Junaid.
    My bad.

It's hard to differentiate who bowls pies between Junaid and Sohail.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    My bad.

It's hard to differentiate who bowls pies between Junaid and Sohail.
    Sohail is twice the bowler Junaid is. Though, both shouldn't be anywhere near the Pakistan setup.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This is the most tragic moment of anyone's life. RIP.

Yasir Shah will be back.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has he joined the team? Why is that expired bowler Wahab being preferred over Junaid? This is height of favoritism.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    Has he joined the team? Why is that expired bowler Wahab being preferred over Junaid? This is height of favoritism.
    Yeah, kind of hard to play a game after a considerably long flight.

He joined the team yesterday.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Muhammad Irfan is unfit. He was selected before conducting his fitness test. When I met him last week in lahore, I told him he was not fully fit to play in Australia" - Shoaib Akhter

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Shehr-e-Lahore o Munich
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bumped into Junaid at Dubai airport around midnight (Thursday had begun), assuming he was about to catch his flight in 2 hours time that means that he would have arrived in Melbourne in the wee hours of Friday. Considering the jet-lag he would have had from such a long flight (might not be as bad if he was travelling in business class), I doubt they would play him in Sunday's game as well.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seen Sheen View Post
    I bumped into Junaid at Dubai airport around midnight (Thursday had begun), assuming he was about to catch his flight in 2 hours time that means that he would have arrived in Melbourne in the wee hours of Friday. Considering the jet-lag he would have had from such a long flight (might not be as bad if he was travelling in business class), I doubt they would play him in Sunday's game as well.
    They should. Must be tested before the series is over ie Lost.

For many it's been a dream to see Amir & Junaid both in pairs. Since 2010 its been a long wait. Though none of them is at their best. :-(

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Shehr-e-Lahore o Munich
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post

For many it's been a dream to see Amir & Junaid both in pairs. Since 2010 its been a long wait. Though none of them is at their best. :-(
    Even I am in favor of giving him a chance now. Current state of fast bowling in general and death bowling in particular(From ODI's perspective) is abysmal to the say the least. The trend of getting a thrashing at death started from the 1st ODI in NZ early last year where we had similar success like here only to lose the initiative later in the innings with some horrible death bowling.

Junaid has historically been a gun death bowler and even if he is half the bowler he was during his peak death stuff, he would still be better than current brainless bunch (Amir included, Hasan is the best amongst the sorry bunch when it comes to death overs).

With new ball, whatever he delivers, I will consider it as a bonus but no doubt ideally you would want your bowlers to take early wickets so that pressure is less later on in the innings.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Even I am in favor of giving him a chance now. Current state of fast bowling in general and death bowling in particular(From ODI's perspective) is abysmal to the say the least. The trend of getting a thrashing at death started from the 1st ODI in NZ early last year where we had similar success like here only to lose the initiative later in the innings with some horrible death bowling.

Junaid has historically been a gun death bowler and even if he is half the bowler he was during his peak death stuff, he would still be better than current brainless bunch (Amir included, Hasan is the best amongst the sorry bunch when it comes to death overs).

With new ball, whatever he delivers, I will consider it as a bonus but no doubt ideally you would want your bowlers to take early wickets so that pressure is less later on in the innings.
    Remember that match slipped from our hands from nowhere.

Death bowling needs peak fitness hope we see that on show

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Shehr-e-Lahore o Munich
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember that match slipped from our hands from nowhere.

Death bowling needs peak fitness hope we see that on show
    One thing with Junaid is that he always looks in good shape. I just hope he is fully fit and isn't carrying and hence hiding any injury.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Junaid does not play next match then it's all over. Not that there's a big hope but Wahab is finished can't expect to compete with a brainlesd bowler who gives 100 plus runs.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    One thing with Junaid is that he always looks in good shape. I just hope he is fully fit and isn't carrying and hence hiding any injury.
    We all felt his legs looked very very weak in abbotabad army fitness camp.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope your dream finally getting fulfilled felt really good. 5 wickets between them today on their first international cricket partnership.

It was a long wait since Pakistan U-19 days.

Long may it continue.

In Search of Right Path