Results 81 to 88 of 88
11th January 2017, 20:08 #81
PCB probably acted the right way for Kaneria but the wrong way for the trio.
This issue is complicated.
To this day, I don't understand why Kaneria is left rotting while the other 3 could very well play international games as well as all T20 tourneys.
Can Kaneria play T20 tourneys all over the world (barring Eng)? I don't know. I am asking.
Ishant Sharma - The greatest pace bowling legend
11th January 2017, 20:30 #82
11th January 2017, 20:51 #83
12th January 2017, 01:12 #84First Class Star
- Sep 2006
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I can't imagine how the PCB is doing this.
- Your captain basically committed the gravest disrespect to your nation
- He almost destroyed one potential ATG career (Amir), and possibly has destroyed him
- Put the finishing touches to another very likely ATG (Asif)
- Gravely injured the reputation of Pakistan's cricket team
- Committed the equivalent of spitting on your national flag (no other way of putting it), and
- Refused to acknowledge his guilt until it became the only professional move he could make (I am almost certain he will take back his confession once he retires)
And the PCB chairman is rumoured to have given him the go ahead to get back into the national team?
For shame. For absolute shame. What are they thinking?
12th January 2017, 01:24 #85Local Club Captain
- Apr 2010
- 4 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
If we can tolerate Sohail K and Irfan's fitness then we can surely tolerate Amir's lack of wkts too.
12th January 2017, 01:28 #86
Instead we took a soft stance, damaged our reputation, not really discouraged fixing with this soft penalty. In fact if you want to be a fixer, it's kind of showed the world best be a fixer in the pakistani cricket set up as they are the most lenient. These trio will be given a second chance in international cricket when many domestic players toll their whole life without getting a chance.
The trio should have been given a second chance as anyone who committed a crime should. But not in international cricket. It's like a guy who worked for a company, robbed that company, and then after jail expecting his job back again.
I don't feel like the rest of the cricketing world will be very accommodating for Butt. They can just about stomach Butt, but a spot fixing captain is too much. And it undoes a lot of the good work done by Misbah (regardless of what you think of him as a player or captain) and co who brought a bit of respectability to Pakistani cricket.
12th January 2017, 01:34 #87
12th January 2017, 06:45 #88