Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 117
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,475
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Can Haris Sohail make a comeback to the Pakistan team?

    After an extended time out due to an injury (and subsequent mismanagement of the recovery), Haris finally seems to have recovered. He played for NCA XI against Malaysia today and performed well with a century and three wickets.

    Will he eventually be able to make a comeback to the Pakistan team? Will his body be able to withstand the rigours of international cricket?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,242
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eventually he will,I.A.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,789
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs a good PSL to speed up the process- inshaAllah he will do well


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    9,107
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a good PSL and he should be back ASAP. We are such a rubbish side so we need him back quickly

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    721
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Inshallah, a top 4 of umar, sharjeel, babar and haris can be very good...

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    109
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mz123 View Post
    Inshallah, a top 4 of umar, sharjeel, babar and haris can be very good...
    need 1 good season of domestic then pakistan a. after that he should be allowed to play.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,527
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    If he has a good PSL then yes.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,150
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Of course, he was selected for the 2015 WC, Indians rated him highly.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    5,408
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any player who performs can play in the national team, unless your name is fawad alam or sadaf hussain - as long as you dont do better than everyone else in the country, you can play it seems.

    whats the purpose of this thread, isnt this just blatantly obvious? malaysia is nothing to get excited about, id bet half the 15 year olds writing on this board could hit a century and take three wickets against them. lets see how he does against some more serious competition.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,475
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    any player who performs can play in the national team, unless your name is fawad alam or sadaf hussain - as long as you dont do better than everyone else in the country, you can play it seems.

    whats the purpose of this thread, isnt this just blatantly obvious? malaysia is nothing to get excited about, id bet half the 15 year olds writing on this board could hit a century and take three wickets against them. lets see how he does against some more serious competition.
    No one is getting excited because he made a few runs against Malaysia, the point is that he had the fitness to play the match, and play a long innings, and bowl as well.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    5,408
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    No one is getting excited because he made a few runs against Malaysia, the point is that he had the fitness to play the match, and play a long innings, and bowl as well.
    i take that point. but what kind of debate are you expecting by asking if he can make a comeback? of course he can, if he performs. perhaps its just me not getting it.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,650
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If Kami and Hafeez can comeback so can Haris.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,475
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    i take that point. but what kind of debate are you expecting by asking if he can make a comeback? of course he can, if he performs. perhaps its just me not getting it.
    Just for discussion to see how his performances go in future. His comeback wouldn't only depend on performance - fitness, the other batsmen's performances, team combination etc. all play a part.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  14. #14
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,460
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Provided he proves his fitness he will be back.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with everything you say @godzilla. Imagine if Pakistan picked their players on performance, what their top order would look like, Fawad, Haris, Babar Sarfraz, Malik, Umar.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,439
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too much hype. The guy is almost 30 I believe. I won't buy into the hype. We all know how previous 'future ATG's' panned out.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    6,687
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    After an extended time out due to an injury (and subsequent mismanagement of the recovery), Haris finally seems to have recovered. He played for NCA XI against Malaysia today and performed well with a century and three wickets.

    Will he eventually be able to make a comeback to the Pakistan team? Will his body be able to withstand the rigours of international cricket?
    Yes - I would rather play Haris than Hafeez or even Malik.

    Better batsman than both and about just as good as a bowler as Malik and a non-chucking Hafeez.

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,269
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's a solid batsmen. He should easily make it back to the team.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,804
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Too much hype. The guy is almost 30 I believe. I won't buy into the hype. We all know how previous 'future ATG's' panned out.
    Just turned 28. If he puts his head down and works hard and takes care of his body, he can easily have a 6-8 year career.


    Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Should be in the test team after a good FC season.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    2,345
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Should be in the test team after a good FC season.
    For that to happen, our 2 babas will have to retire first!

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    181
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DONOT bring him back unless he play one domestic season, one A team tour.
    Donot play him in champions tropie plz. We will lose with or without him.

    A little patience can help Haris avoid what happenes with Junaid and Ajmal.


    Pakistan fan from Bangladesh.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    507
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He performed well in his short time carrier and he is the future of Pakistan as he has the ability to score runs and maneuver the score along with handy bowler. Needs to improve his fitness and a bot camp before selected for the international team.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,725
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be back at the end of this year or early next year. All the best to him.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,457
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Too much hype. The guy is almost 30 I believe. I won't buy into the hype. We all know how previous 'future ATG's' panned out.

    First of all Haris just turned 28. Even if He is 30 so what's the problem ?


    This is Younis Khan's Test Record after turning 30 on 29th november 2003


    So say if Haris plays 40 Tests stays fit, performs and averages 45 or 50 so ? That would be handy. Isn't it ?


    Certainly if he played 40 Tests he won't be in contention for being an ATG.


    Yes Haris has had poor fitness, might be from birth just like Shoaib, Kaneria etc but He is hyped because when he Averaged 52 playing mostly at number 4 in Fc Cricket in a similar sample set or comparable sample set No FC batsman who batted in Top 4 even Averaged 45 and the highest Averaging batsman with comparable rate of Century making was Naeemuddin opener who averaged 41 at that time.


    Whatever hype there is around is also justified because Haris did impress in International Cricket aswell. Mostly whenever he faultered with the bat fitness was the issue. Temperature wise, reading match situation and strike rotation was far better than other Int team mates. Only weakness was Short ball and running out of gas after 30's and 40's hence getting out making wrong choices due to fitness deficiencies.


    If He gets grip over his fitness issues than He has every probability in his favour to succeed in Int Cricket.
    Attached Images Attached Images  


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    18,388
    Mentioned
    7153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Should be playing in the One Day Cup if he's fit enough instead of playing against some random Malaysian XI.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,527
    Mentioned
    2458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Great player and I wish him all the best.

    Can chip in with 4-5 overs too which makes his possible inclusion even better.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,026
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Select him asap.
    dont waste time. enough match practice.
    Need him badly for CT. Best player of fast bowling in Pakistan.

    Players like Umar Amin, Umar Akmal, Kamran etc might need to score in domestics for selection but proven performers like Harry should be selected when they are fit.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  29. #29
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enough of mediocrity.

    Just select this guy now . He is world class. Solid performance today once again. Key is that his strike rate never went below 80 from the time he scored the first run.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    21,501
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    how many runs has he scored in the ODI cup? and what has been his average?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,725
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    how many runs has he scored in the ODI cup? and what has been his average?
    56 and 91 not out today so far.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Enough of mediocrity.

    Just select this guy now . He is world class. Solid performance today once again. Key is that his strike rate never went below 80 from the time he scored the first run.
    Wrong info. He scored ith the strike rate of less than 80 before he got to 50 and picked up his strike rate. I watched his innings, if someone else had scored that way, it would have bee labeled a selfish innings, but since it's golden boy Harris everyone is so excited he scored some runs.

    World Class batsman in your opinion?! yeah right, the guy who failed in 3 out of 5 innings in the under 23 emerging cup last month, just scored 2 extremely tuk tuk fifties to show that he's not ready fo the team.

    He needs to play a full season of domestic to make a comeback.


    #InziOut

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,590
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    Wrong info. He scored ith the strike rate of less than 80 before he got to 50 and picked up his strike rate. I watched his innings, if someone else had scored that way, it would have bee labeled a selfish innings, but since it's golden boy Harris everyone is so excited he scored some runs.

    World Class batsman in your opinion?! yeah right, the guy who failed in 3 out of 5 innings in the under 23 emerging cup last month, just scored 2 extremely tuk tuk fifties to show that he's not ready fo the team.

    He needs to play a full season of domestic to make a comeback.
    Relax that emerging tournament was a low scoring one in general.

    There are no doubts over Haris Sohail's batting credentials.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    Wrong info. He scored ith the strike rate of less than 80 before he got to 50 and picked up his strike rate. I watched his innings, if someone else had scored that way, it would have bee labeled a selfish innings, but since it's golden boy Harris everyone is so excited he scored some runs.

    World Class batsman in your opinion?! yeah right, the guy who failed in 3 out of 5 innings in the under 23 emerging cup last month, just scored 2 extremely tuk tuk fifties to show that he's not ready fo the team.

    He needs to play a full season of domestic to make a comeback.
    Not really. What was his strike rate when he scored 50?

    I believe his strike rate was close to 80 throughout the innings and generally in the 80-85 range.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Relax that emerging tournament was a low scoring one in general.

    There are no doubts over Haris Sohail's batting credentials.
    eah no doubts, he gets a free pass because he is a PP darling.

    Now he's playing selfishly, only dots and singles to get his maiden 100, instead of hitting some shots for the team in the last 10 overs. If it was someone else everyone would have roasted him to death


    #InziOut

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,725
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet , should play a season of fc.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Not really. What was his strike rate when he scored 50?

    I believe his strike rate was close to 80 throughout the innings and generally in the 80-85 range.
    lol it was in the 70s for the majority of the time before his 50 no point replying to the blind and kneejerk reaction I guess you will never agree


    #InziOut

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    eah no doubts, he gets a free pass because he is a PP darling.

    Now he's playing selfishly, only dots and singles to get his maiden 100, instead of hitting some shots for the team in the last 10 overs. If it was someone else everyone would have roasted him to death
    Yes because no one in the world slows down in 90s isnt it? And he hasnt slowed down to a cancerous level like ahmad shehzad, hafeez or fawad alam does usually.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,630
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a selfish 100 today, his maiden 100 in List A.
    it was clear that he is playing for himself when he got to 90, only dots and singles while playing in the last 10 overs Fawad Alam played better than him


    #InziOut

  40. #40
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,458
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't be selected yet. Needs a season to prove fitness

  41. #41
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,590
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He isn't that fluent right now but will get more fluent as he plays more cricket.

    Also needs to direct short ball issues.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    2,476
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Yes because no one in the world slows down in 90s isnt it? And he hasnt slowed down to a cancerous level like ahmad shehzad, hafeez or fawad alam does usually.
    Fawad didnt play a single dot in the last 48 balls of his last century innings.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    2,476
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Shouldn't be selected yet. Needs a season to prove fitness
    Or needs a season to break down again.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,458
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    Or needs a season to break down again.
    I concur

  45. #45
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,458
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    He isn't that fluent right now but will get more fluent as heyjos plays more cricket.

    Also needs to direct short ball issues.
    The short ball issue is related to his stance. He crouched too low and his head way outside off-stump. He is likely to miss line of the ahortball and can be picked up at fine leg or short leg. All of this is theorterical of course. When (if) he plays international cricket we will see if this is really an issue that's exploited or not.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,439
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Enough of mediocrity.

    Just select this guy now . He is world class. Solid performance today once again. Key is that his strike rate never went below 80 from the time he scored the first run.
    Bhai calm down. World class? Not yet.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,026
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we already made blunders by introducing him very late in the national side while he was making solid performances in domestics.

    do you want to continue with mediocrity and let him rot in domestics? I dont think it will be good. Select him now. Its not that we have Tendulakrs and Lars in our batting line up currently.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  48. #48
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,026
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also a bat like Haris will give confidence to Babar too.
    Both good players of fast bowling (Haris even better) and can play in top order.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,029
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good player, definitely should make a comeback in ODIs and should also be selected for Tests.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    10,947
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Looked back to his best today, needs to be in that CT squad


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  51. #51
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,026
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Very good player, definitely should make a comeback in ODIs and should also be selected for Tests.
    Will be an even better test bat. Right now for odis we need him in CT too.
    A batting line up of Kami, Shezi, Hafeez please noooo.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,439
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Will be an even better test bat. Right now for odis we need him in CT too.
    A batting line up of Kami, Shezi, Hafeez please noooo.
    TTF's are not going anywhere..sadly.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    900
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unless Asif Zakir Score's a big hundred today I could see him getting dropped without getting a game for either Amin or Haris.

    Ideally both should be in.

    Amin for Shezad or Kami.

    Haris for Asif Zakir.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,457
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If he clears fitness tests standards.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    9,107
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in England so can't watch. how did he play?

  56. #56
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,026
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    TTF's are not going anywhere..sadly.
    yep most likely


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  57. #57
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Bhai calm down. World class? Not yet.
    Bro, I dont have a habit of over hyping players if you have seen my posts here. But i see this guy serving Pakistan well. Much much better than the TTFs in the team and in line with modern day cricket.

    AND if selected for tests, He will be the backbone of Pakistani team especially overseas.

    The only problem I see with him is his fitness in terms of stamina.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    Fawad didnt play a single dot in the last 48 balls of his last century innings.
    And how many dots did haris play in his last 50 balls?

    And are you saying fawad is better than haris in LO cricket?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris MUST be selected for the CT.


    Now that you feel it, you don't

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,460
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As long as he is fit enough he should be selected. We need a left hander in the middle order. Stacking our batting line up with right handers makes our batting line up predictable and a bowler doesn't need to change too much as he is bowling to a right hander consistently.

    Bowling to a left hand/ right hand combination will disrupt tthe bowlers a bit.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,650
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Get rid of Kami and put Hafeez as opener.

    Haris can slot in at no.4.

    This has to happen. He is too good to be not in the team.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    507
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris is a type of player we had too many. He can't strike over 100 on regular basis. Babar Azam, haris sohail, shoaib malik, sarfraz. no one is a real accelerator.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    507
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can be used to replace some one like shoaib malik

  64. #64
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,650
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khurram39 View Post
    Haris is a type of player we had too many. He can't strike over 100 on regular basis. Babar Azam, haris sohail, shoaib malik, sarfraz. no one is a real accelerator.
    He is effortless 85+ SR batter like Babar.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,029
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Get rid of Kami and put Hafeez as opener.

    Haris can slot in at no.4.

    This has to happen. He is too good to be not in the team.
    PCB is too dumb to understand that.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,029
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also while he makes a comeback, I think he shouldn't be used for bowling as that could have an effect on his injury.
    Last edited by Arsalan Pro; 21st April 2017 at 09:19.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    2,476
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    And how many dots did haris play in his last 50 balls?

    And are you saying fawad is better than haris in LO cricket?
    About 12-13 if I count correctly. Huge difference. I'm not claiming Fawad is a better ODI player. I was injecting some skepticism into the claim that he cannot keep the scoreboard ticking. His last innings suggests that to the contrary, once wickets stop falling around him and he decided to switch gears, it may be almost impossible to keep him from taking singles. Again, in ten overs not a single dot ball. He went at SR 150+ for his last 60 balls.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    2,476
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khurram39 View Post
    Haris is a type of player we had too many. He can't strike over 100 on regular basis. Babar Azam, haris sohail, shoaib malik, sarfraz. no one is a real accelerator.
    What do you mean by over 100 on a regular basis? Not even ABDV manages more than 100 *on average* in ODIs? Warner is 96.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    158
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look I want Haris and Fawad both in Pakistan test squad. No one deserves it more than Fawad Alam.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    About 12-13 if I count correctly. Huge difference. I'm not claiming Fawad is a better ODI player. I was injecting some skepticism into the claim that he cannot keep the scoreboard ticking. His last innings suggests that to the contrary, once wickets stop falling around him and he decided to switch gears, it may be almost impossible to keep him from taking singles. Again, in ten overs not a single dot ball. He went at SR 150+ for his last 60 balls.
    Okay 10-12 dots is a huge difference i agree. But you have to see that one was setting a target and other was chasing a target when reqd. rate was increasing. Taking singles is absolutely crucial and I have no doubt that fawad is the better strike rotator. but singles alone dont win matches when chasing stiff targets. Fawad has massive limitations when trying to slog fast bowlers and his limitations have been time and again exposed in the international circuit. He has played more than 50 matches and we have seen enough of it. He needs hitters around him so that he could play the way he does. But then again, you already have a 22 year old babar azam playing the same role for you. Haris looks more compact than fawad and has a better hitting technique and i would back him hit a boundary when required. I cannot say the same for fawad.

    Fawad should be in the test side. He is hard to get out and he can be useful in tests. In LOIs , he is a no no.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    507
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    What do you mean by over 100 on a regular basis? Not even ABDV manages more than 100 *on average* in ODIs? Warner is 96.
    When they gets going they can strike over 200. Name anyone from Pakistan who can scored 40,50, or 60 ball hundred. You can find easily in others.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    507
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    He is effortless 85+ SR batter like Babar.
    Totally agreed. Is Pakistan looking to score near 300 or 300 on regular basis then this will be really good. I am just trying to say we don't have big hitters in the team. Who came on the crease and score 25,30 ball 50 or 50,60 ball 100. So we need to find out those players.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,979
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khurram39 View Post
    Haris is a type of player we had too many. He can't strike over 100 on regular basis. Babar Azam, haris sohail, shoaib malik, sarfraz. no one is a real accelerator.
    if less dot balls than hafeez, shehzad and kamran can help...job done..

  74. #74
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,979
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    As long as he is fit enough he should be selected. We need a left hander in the middle order. Stacking our batting line up with right handers makes our batting line up predictable and a bowler doesn't need to change too much as he is bowling to a right hander consistently.

    Bowling to a left hand/ right hand combination will disrupt tthe bowlers a bit.
    pak is not very wise to think this way... so they dont have to bother..

  75. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,979
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    What do you mean by over 100 on a regular basis? Not even ABDV manages more than 100 *on average* in ODIs? Warner is 96.
    they are delusional... they want batsmen whose SR is 100+ from 1-11, thanks for mentioning Warner and abdv, i would like to add smith/kohli/kane to the list ... 80-90 for a middle order with an avg of 40-50 then it is very good... and SR OF 85+ and avg close to 50 or 48+ should be excellent... having two batsmen of this kind is nearly enough to solve batting issues..
    Last edited by ask_analyse_act; 22nd April 2017 at 09:01.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,789
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is our squad announced?
    Desperately want to see Yamin and haris in the squad. And sohail for Junaid. Shezzy n zakir (sorry sir, not ur fault at all) out


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,979
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    When is our squad announced?
    Desperately want to see Yamin and haris in the squad. And sohail for Junaid. Shezzy n zakir (sorry sir, not ur fault at all) out
    usually for ICC tourneys there used to be deadlines for announcing squads.. idk when is the deadline..

  78. #78
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    9,107
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    usually for ICC tourneys there used to be deadlines for announcing squads.. idk when is the deadline..
    25th April.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,460
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    pak is not very wise to think this way... so they dont have to bother..

    I know. Will be stacked with right handers . Jadeja, Mehraj (if selected) and Lankan lefties will have a field day.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    674
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only when he is 35+ and considered a senior player.


    'We know which Pakistan has turned up today...'

    'It's the one to be afraid of.'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •