Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"My hunger for runs has increased and I aim to do well for Pakistan" : Haris Sohail

LAHORE: Pakistani all-rounder Haris Sohail on Wednesday said he is ready to return to international cricket with new passion and determination.

The 28-year-old made a comeback to domestic cricket on Tuesday while representing NCA XI in their match against Malaysia at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. The all-rounder impressed with both bat and ball, claiming three wickets and then scoring a century in the second innings.

“My first goal is to perform well in the Pakistan Super League for Peshawar Zalmi and after that I want to represent Pakistan in the series against West Indies in March,” Haris told The Express Tribune.

The left-handed batsman, who scored unbeaten 119 off 112 balls and took three wickets in three overs against Malaysia, says his injury period was very frustrating but now he is fully fit.

“I never lost hope during my long recuperation process and was always optimistic,” he said. “I just believe that injury is part of the game, almost every player gets injured in his career and it can happen any time with any one. The last 16 months have been very painful for me. I was frustrated — watching matches on TV was very difficult but I believed that time will pass. Now I am happy with my recent fitness. My hunger for runs has increased and I aim to do well for Pakistan.”

Haris also talked about his knee operation which did not go well at first but later he was helped by a team of English doctors.

“After Pakistan Cricket Board and National Cricket Academy staff, I want to thank Dr Zafar who is associated with Crystal Palace Football Club, and his colleagues,” Haris said. “They all helped my recovery. I also want to thank my family and fans who supported me and prayed for me during this time.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1291584/...-haris-sohail/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see this guy back both in Tests and ODIs

"Now go home and get your shinebox"

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back bro

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is devoid of decent batting unit from a long time now. It's time haris, babar and Co change that and bring competitiveness.
    All yhe best to him.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see him back in the team!

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a dearth of a talent in Pakistan right now, a lot of hopes resting on this unproven individual.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol everyone getting their hopes high just like they did with Aamir. It's best people don't have any high expectations, because in the end, if the poor guy fails, his head will be on the chopping block.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he proves his fitness I would have him as Misbahs replacement for the West Indies test tour.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Our last hope! Maybe PCB should fast-track him to Australia? We did that for Amir

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Our last hope! Maybe PCB should fast-track him to Australia? We did that for Amir
    oooh do you think it is possible ?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Last year Imran Butt of SNGPL played in Srilankan domestic Cricket. PCB should talk with Bangladesh Cricket Board, there FC Season has not begun yet. If any domestic team is willing to take him than Haris can play 5 to 10 Fc matches and gain match fitness. If he performs well than select him for tour of West Indies.

Otherwise let him play QEA grade 2 or Patrons Trophy grade 2 whole tournament the way Sami Aslam played last year. Its a 3 day tournament so if he plays 5-6 matches he would gain adequate match fitness.

Fast tracking him for Australia will be a huge gamble. Amir came back into Pakistan Team after playing 6 matches for Omar Associates in grade 2 Patrons Trophy, 3-4 matches of National T20 cup for rawalpindi, than 4 odd bpl matches and than 4 first class matches for SSGC in QEA. Compared to this Haris has played almost no cricket since his return.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mz123 View Post
    oooh do you think it is possible ?
    Fairy Tales are written like that.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter