Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"My hunger for runs has increased and I aim to do well for Pakistan" : Haris Sohail

LAHORE: Pakistani all-rounder Haris Sohail on Wednesday said he is ready to return to international cricket with new passion and determination.

The 28-year-old made a comeback to domestic cricket on Tuesday while representing NCA XI in their match against Malaysia at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. The all-rounder impressed with both bat and ball, claiming three wickets and then scoring a century in the second innings.

“My first goal is to perform well in the Pakistan Super League for Peshawar Zalmi and after that I want to represent Pakistan in the series against West Indies in March,” Haris told The Express Tribune.

The left-handed batsman, who scored unbeaten 119 off 112 balls and took three wickets in three overs against Malaysia, says his injury period was very frustrating but now he is fully fit.

“I never lost hope during my long recuperation process and was always optimistic,” he said. “I just believe that injury is part of the game, almost every player gets injured in his career and it can happen any time with any one. The last 16 months have been very painful for me. I was frustrated — watching matches on TV was very difficult but I believed that time will pass. Now I am happy with my recent fitness. My hunger for runs has increased and I aim to do well for Pakistan.”

Haris also talked about his knee operation which did not go well at first but later he was helped by a team of English doctors.

“After Pakistan Cricket Board and National Cricket Academy staff, I want to thank Dr Zafar who is associated with Crystal Palace Football Club, and his colleagues,” Haris said. “They all helped my recovery. I also want to thank my family and fans who supported me and prayed for me during this time.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1291584/...-haris-sohail/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see this guy back both in Tests and ODIs

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back bro

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is devoid of decent batting unit from a long time now. It's time haris, babar and Co change that and bring competitiveness.
    All yhe best to him.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see him back in the team!

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a dearth of a talent in Pakistan right now, a lot of hopes resting on this unproven individual.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol everyone getting their hopes high just like they did with Aamir. It's best people don't have any high expectations, because in the end, if the poor guy fails, his head will be on the chopping block.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he proves his fitness I would have him as Misbahs replacement for the West Indies test tour.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Our last hope! Maybe PCB should fast-track him to Australia? We did that for Amir

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Our last hope! Maybe PCB should fast-track him to Australia? We did that for Amir
    oooh do you think it is possible ?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Last year Imran Butt of SNGPL played in Srilankan domestic Cricket. PCB should talk with Bangladesh Cricket Board, there FC Season has not begun yet. If any domestic team is willing to take him than Haris can play 5 to 10 Fc matches and gain match fitness. If he performs well than select him for tour of West Indies.

Otherwise let him play QEA grade 2 or Patrons Trophy grade 2 whole tournament the way Sami Aslam played last year. Its a 3 day tournament so if he plays 5-6 matches he would gain adequate match fitness.

Fast tracking him for Australia will be a huge gamble. Amir came back into Pakistan Team after playing 6 matches for Omar Associates in grade 2 Patrons Trophy, 3-4 matches of National T20 cup for rawalpindi, than 4 odd bpl matches and than 4 first class matches for SSGC in QEA. Compared to this Haris has played almost no cricket since his return.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mz123 View Post
    oooh do you think it is possible ?
    Fairy Tales are written like that.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1049 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    so will he play in PSL o not?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Yes - he is in the Zalmi squad.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1049 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Yes - he is in the Zalmi squad.
    no i know that

i mean is he expected to be fit enough and considered to be in enough form to actually get games?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    no i know that

i mean is he expected to be fit enough and considered to be in enough form to actually get games?
    I am sure he will get to play atleast a few games - maybe even more if he scores some runs.

it is on him now to prove himself that he belongs at this level after returning from injury.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    I really hope he gets all the possible games for Zalmi.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would prefer that to how Misbah performed.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    877 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he will play first few games and will continue if performance is good enough

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Happy to see him return but not sure how fits into the Zalmi lineup and what purpose he serves. Malan, Hafeez and Kamran in the top 3 and then you have the star power-hitter Morgan who can also play as a consolidator and death overs sloggers in Sammy and Afridi.

As a result, he becomes quite redundant in this lineup and doesn't really have a role. Would have preferred him in a team where he could have had a more prominent role, i.e. bat at number 3 etc.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Happy to see him return but not sure how fits into the Zalmi lineup and what purpose he serves. Malan, Hafeez and Kamran in the top 3 and then you have the star power-hitter Morgan who can also play as a consolidator and death overs sloggers in Sammy and Afridi.

As a result, he becomes quite redundant in this lineup and doesn't really have a role. Would have preferred him in a team where he could have had a more prominent role, i.e. bat at number 3 etc.
    There is no youngster who is going to get the number 3 role in any of the PSL teams barring Babar who may get into the top three in the first few matches of PSL.

What saddens me the most is that he is still backing away from the strike when he needs to hit big. Really needs to work on more ways to hit big or score fast.

sawaal ye ni k ap ko kyun nikaala, sawaal ye k ap aaye kaisay.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People will bash me for this but I think Mr. Haris Sohail is overrated as a LO player.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    There is no youngster who is going to get the number 3 role in any of the PSL teams barring Babar who may get into the top three in the first few matches of PSL.

What saddens me the most is that he is still backing away from the strike when he needs to hit big. Really needs to work on more ways to hit big or score fast.
    If he is going to end up playing 15-20 deliveries on average per innings, he will eventually be replaced by Maqsood who is more capable of hitting from ball one.

Haris is a lambi race ka ghora in the mould of Babar, which means that he needs to play the anchor role at number 3 and play through the innings. As you pointed out, his stock is nowhere near Babar's at the moment and he is not going to get the number 3 position, so he really has to do something special in his brief stints at the crease to grab the headlines in this edition.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    People will bash me for this but I think Mr. Haris Sohail is overrated as a LO player.

I think he is the ideal number 4 for ODIs, but both him and Babar cannot play T20Is together.

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he is the ideal number 4 for ODIs, but both him and Babar cannot play T20Is together.
    Do you think he wil play at nb 4 in odis vs windies ?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's good against pace, but gets bogged down against spin.

Of what I remember of him, since he played a long while back lol, he's a poor rotator of strike early on in his innings.

Agree on the t20 part. Haris isn't a t20 player according to me.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mz123 View Post
    Do you think he wil play at nb 4 in odis vs windies ?
    It will be difficult for him to get into the playing XI unless he has a very good PSL, which seems difficult because of the Zalmi team composition. However, it will be farcical if he doesn't make the ODI squad ahead of Shafiq.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    He's good against pace, but gets bogged down against spin.

Of what I remember of him, since he played a long while back lol, he's a poor rotator of strike early on in his innings.

Agree on the t20 part. Haris isn't a t20 player according to me.
    He is prolific in T20s, but surplus to requirements with players like Babar, Malik, Hafeez and Sarfraz already in the ranks.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is prolific in T20s, but surplus to requirements with players like Babar, Malik, Hafeez and Sarfraz already in the ranks.
    Yes, too many accumulators in the side already.

Need to get rid of Hafeez though. I doubt any other team has 3 accumulators let alone 4.

We need more hitters in T20Is.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Agree. He just don't seem to fit into the team if he bats at 5 or lower. Unless their is some sort of reshuffle in the batting line up and he moves up to number 3 otherwise it will be a disappointing PSL for him. Might see Maqsood taking his place in the lower middle order if he struggles for few more games.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is not the tournament for him. He's gotta rack up runs in the Pentangular.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am afraid he is not going to have an easy path back especially if Hafeez keeps lurking in the team because Harris cannot differential himself as a hitter.

The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a good batsman, but not sure how good a sportsman he is. You have to be physically very fit t be one and even before the injury he was not very athletic and physically fit.

But he has a great temperament for a #4 ODI and test batsman.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PATRONS TROPHY GRADE II 2016-17

ROUND TWO

DAY ONE OF THREE

*** ARMY CRICKET GROUND, RAWALPINDI

ZTBL (First Innings): 218-10 in 72.2 overs (Haris Sohail 101, 10x4s, 1x6, 221 balls, Gohar Ali 66, 13x4s, 114 balls, Shakeel Ansar 32, 4x4s, 58 balls, Shoaib Aamir 4-70, Khadim Jan 2-32, Muzaffar Iqbal 2-62)

Army (First Innings): 60-3 in 15 overs (Muhammad Miqdad Hussain 28*, 3x4s, 42 balls, Sanaullah Khan 24*, 5x4s, 32 balls, Imran Khan Sr. 2-16)

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    He is a good batsman, but not sure how good a sportsman he is. You have to be physically very fit t be one and even before the injury he was not very athletic and physically fit.

But he has a great temperament for a #4 ODI and test batsman.
    He's a no.4 batter. A world class thoroughbred batter. He is father of Pakistan modern day batting.

Just get him into intl squad and let him get some match time.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    He's a no.4 batter. A world class thoroughbred batter. He is father of Pakistan modern day batting.

Just get him into intl squad and let him get some match time.
    People say that he can't hit, but I remember him blasting 40-odd off 20 balls against NZ in Sharjah when we made like 360.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    877 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

ROUND TWO

DAY ONE OF THREE

ZTBL (First Innings): 218-10 in 72.2 overs (Haris Sohail 101, 10x4s, 1x6, 221 balls, Gohar Ali 66, 13x4s, 114 balls, Shakeel Ansar 32, 4x4s, 58 balls, Shoaib Aamir 4-70, Khadim Jan 2-32, Muzaffar Iqbal 2-62)

Army (First Innings): 60-3 in 15 overs (Muhammad Miqdad Hussain 28*, 3x4s, 42 balls, Sanaullah Khan 24*, 5x4s, 32 balls, Imran Khan Sr. 2-16)
    Some PP experts were writing him off after three innings in the PSL

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be easily the best test batsman in Pakistan. Just a matter of time and his fitness.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

ROUND TWO

DAY ONE OF THREE

Is there a thread or site where we can stay upto date with the Patrons Trophy? Eventhough it's grade 2 it'd be interesting to see how some of the younger players are doing.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Give him a season and he'll be the best bat with Babar to take the LOi team forward.. Malik should pray that he performs because of just one poor series and Harris will take his place at 5th.

1 Shehzad (hope he improves)
    2 New dynamic Opener
    3 Babar
    4 Sarfaraz
    5 Harris
    6 Hussain
    7 Shadab khan (hope he has some hitting abilities)
    8 Good Fast bowling Alrounder
    9 Imad / Asghar
    10 Amir
    11 Hasan Ali

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is that back to back humdreds now in this tournie?
    somebody sent me the following message

"Back to Back 100s for #HarisSohail in Patrons Trophy Grade 2 tournament for ZTBL 119* & 101"

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    is that back to back humdreds now in this tournie?
    somebody sent me the following message

"Back to Back 100s for #HarisSohail in Patrons Trophy Grade 2 tournament for ZTBL 119* & 101"
    Correct.

*** DIAMOND GROUND, ISLAMABAD

ZTBL (First Innings): 194-10 in 55.4 overs (Haris Sohail 61, 8x4s, 1x6, 88 balls, Ali Nasir 53, 8x4s, 87 balls, Shahid Yousaf 34, 6x4s, 60 balls, Tayyab Abbas 5-51, Ikhlaq Bashir 4-24)

(2nd Innings): 340-5 decl in 63 overs (Haris Sohail 119*, 11x4s, 2x6s, 143 balls, Shahid Yousaf 73, 12x4s, 73 balls, Waqas Saleem 51, 10x4s, 49 balls, Umer Javed 47, 6x4s, 81 balls, Shakeel Ansar 35*, 2x4s, 3x6s, 17 balls, Waqar Ali 2-54)

POL (First Innings): 186-10 in 52.1 overs (Muhammad Ikhlaq 71, 11x4s, 114 balls, Sarmad Hameed 25, 4x4s, 25 balls, Rizwan Ullah 21, 2x4s, 38 balls, Bilawal Iqbal 4-77, Imran Khan 4-63, Usman Qadir 2-28)

(2nd Innings): 139-10 in 38 overs (Sarmad Hameed 59, 7x4s, 91 balls, Usman Qadir 8-49)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Is there a thread or site where we can stay upto date with the Patrons Trophy? Eventhough it's grade 2 it'd be interesting to see how some of the younger players are doing.
    OK will create thread to keep track of scores.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Good.

Should target a comeback in the SL series later this year.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Good.

Should target a comeback in the SL series later this year.
    agreed as soon as misbah and yk retire, haris and fawad should be in

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    wait was the saviour of cricket not selected in any of the squads? how could this be?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    wait was the saviour of cricket not selected in any of the squads? how could this be?
    Even before the injury i had my doubts but the guy is way of the pace since his injury.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    877 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many batsmen do we have who have an ODI average of 43 and SR of 83.

These days you are coming across as a bitter old man.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    agreed as soon as misbah and yk retire, haris and fawad should be in
    I agree with you.

However, I think that at this point, Usman Salahuddin and even Asif Zakir are ahead of Fawad in the pecking order.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    How many batsmen do we have who have an ODI average of 43 and SR of 83.

These days you are coming across as a bitter old man.
    Haris is not there yet..I havent seen anything in his game that means he is good enough for the green shirt..he looked wayyy off the pace in the PSL and even when he was playing for us he looked really lose outside his off stump..He's not the saviour that all you lot think he is,..I'm just sick of the hype..

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    If you take Sohail's twin centuries seriously, then you should do the same for Usman Qadir's 10-77 in the same match.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best prospect to play for us in the last ten years along with Babar Azam. Excited to see him return to the international circuit, although I feel like that is a while away yet.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haris is not there yet..I havent seen anything in his game that means he is good enough for the green shirt..he looked wayyy off the pace in the PSL and even when he was playing for us he looked really lose outside his off stump..He's not the saviour that all you lot think he is,..I'm just sick of the hype..
    Really?

Can't recall him nicking off too often.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen Haris got out in the keeper/slips region often against pace. Haven't even seen many play and misses from him. On the other side I would say he is the best player against pace and swing in Pakistan. His weakness is scoring quick runs against spinners but for tests it isn't really a problem.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    good for haris sohail to score runs and spend time on the field. beyond that, the standard of cricket in this domestic tournament is not to be taken too seriously. far away from a come back in my view.