Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

WICB and PCB agree to a series from March 27 to May 15

ST JOHN’S, Antigua – The West Indies and Pakistan Cricket Boards have agreed to play three Tests, three One-Day-Internationals and two Twenty20 matches in the Caribbean from Monday, March 27 to Monday, May 15.

The series is scheduled to start in the twin-island of Trinidad and Tobago and end in Dominica.

The Twenty20 matches are scheduled for TT; the three ODIs in Guyana, then the teams will then travel to Jamaica, Barbados and Dominica for each of the Test matches.

Manager of Operations, WICB, Roland Holder thinks this series will offer the home team an additional opportunity in the busy cricket year “to improve its ranking. Any series against Pakistan always poses an interesting contest for the West Indies.”

Schedule

• Friday, March 31 - 1st T20 (Queen’s Park Oval)
    • Sunday, April 2 - 2nd T20 (Queen’s Park Oval)
    • Friday, April 7 - 1st ODI (Guyana National Stadium)
    • Sunday, April 9 - 2nd ODI (Guyana National Stadium)
    • Tuesday, April 11 - 3rd ODI (Guyana National Stadium)
    • Saturday, April 15 - 3-Day Match (Trelawny Stadium)
    • Friday, April 22 - 1st Test (Sabina Park)
    • Sunday April 30 - 2nd Test (Kensington Oval)
    • Wednesday, May 10 - 3rd Test (Windsor Park)

Both teams met in a three-test series in Dubai last October, Pakistan won that series 2-1.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 11th January 2017 at 20:22.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    About 2 months between when the Australia ODI series ends and his starts. How will we fill that gap?

"Now go home and get your shinebox"

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    All three ODIs in Guyana - that pitch is already so slow, low and spin friendly I shudder to think what it'll look like by the 3rd ODI.

Not going to have a four Test series as was stated in the FTP but nice to play at Sabina Park and Kensington Oval.

Dominica is a fairly newer ground, quite spin friendly - 5 out of the leading 6 wicket-takers in Test matches at the ground are spinners so Yasir and Asghar will be a must.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    About 2 months between when the Australia ODI series ends and his starts. How will we fill that gap?
    Forgot about the psl

"Now go home and get your shinebox"

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Forgot about the psl
    Also want the players to have a little time off. After a tour like Australia, it's good to cool off.

“I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players do need a few months to recuperate after being hammered in Australia and New Zealand. The next team will need to be analysed to see if any better players can replace the failures. Should be a good series between two evenly matched sides. Australia and NZ at home are way to good for Pak.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This series will be fun to watch for us North Americans, same time zone

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Ikr

I predict:

1-1 Tied T20s
    1-2 Pak win ODIs
    1-1 Tied Tests

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Forgot about the psl
    Yup. PSL + a little break with the family.

They've been traveling for too long. It's starting to show in their play.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Always the best tour to watch.

I like the Australian/NZ tours as well. Matches start around 5-6 PM EST (day matches).

I remember the series in Pakistan. Those were horrible. 3-4 AM in the morning.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    927 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is a huge opportunity for Pak to win their first ever Test series in WI.

Hopefully, we see a fresh team and not some old people.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Always thought the original plan of having 4 tests would be changed.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what about t20s in Florida?Lahore?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure if serious.

2 months without cricket is not considered a gap
    Only last year I think it was or the year before Pak didn't play any cricket for 6+ months!

2 months...
    Last edited by jeetu; 12th January 2017 at 06:32.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So from 4 tests to 3. Good that it's not 2 tests.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good that we're playing at least 3 tests.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    shoot, I was hoping they'd be playing the t20s in florida as rumored, I would have loved to watch in person!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I would have lost my every bit of respect for PCB, if it was a 4 Test Series; but thanks to both board that it's not a 2 Test Series. These 2 are indeed piece in Cricket world - I understand that 4 Test was a bit too much expected, but why just 3 ODI?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The players will need some rest. There is psl as well which will be in February. So not much time really.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I would have lost my every bit of respect for PCB, if it was a 4 Test Series; but thanks to both board that it's not a 2 Test Series. These 2 are indeed piece in Cricket world - I understand that 4 Test was a bit too much expected, but why just 3 ODI?
    PCB would have tried their best to make it a two test match series , anyway good that we are gonna watch a 3 test match series. This will enhance misbahs focus as well as he knows now that the series is going to happen.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    3 ODI's are enough IMO.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This will be the series when Pakistan finally wins in the West Indies.

I'm calling it.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    This. What happened?

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post

I'm calling it.
    Will need to.

A drawn series, or worse, a series defeat (which is very unlikely though) will be the last straw for Misbah and I suspect a few more players in the team.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post

I'm calling it.
    I doubt it , we will find a way to lose or draw the series. We are very inventive in this regard.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The series should have to be on aug-September as the decider to qualify for wc

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Take everything you hear from Sethi with a pinch of salt. He has the habit of talking nonsense.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too much of cricket being organized by money oriented and selfish PCB. They are players and not machines, need some time out with family/friends and a well-deserved break.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    NEW PITCHES TO BE READY FOR PAKISTAN ODIS

National Stadium Manager, Anthony Xavier ,yesterday confirmed that the relayed international pitches at the Guyana National Stadium, Providence will be ready for the One Day International (ODI) three-match series between West Indies and Pakistan.

Guyana will be the host country for the ODI series, which will be played on April 7, 9 and 11.

“Definitely the four international pitches which were recently relayed will be ready for the ODI games,” Xavier said.

The management of the Guyana National Stadium, Providence, recently completed a massive overhaul of the four international pitches.

During a recent visit late last year, head curator, Wasim Habib explained that roughly five inches of sand from under the original pitches were replaced with “Crush and Run”, the same material which is used to build roads.

Further, Habib disclosed that the old soil was replaced with eight inches of soil with higher clay content.

This, according to Habib,will definitely assist the faster bowlers, since a livelier track can be expected.

“By changing the foundation of the pitch it will assist the faster bowlers.We have a history of low and slow pitches, so definitely I feel the pitches will be better when completed,” Habib disclosed.

The most pressing cricketing issue, among a host of others in the Caribbean, is pitches, both at the regional and international levels.

For several years, pitches in the West Indies have aided spinners to an unfair and damaging extent, and since its establishment in 2007, the Providence pitches is no different and have come under immense scrutiny.

Meanwhile, the West Indies and Pakistan Cricket Boards have agreed to play three Tests, three One-Day-Internationals and two Twenty20 matches in the Caribbean from Monday, March 27 to Monday, May 15.

The series is scheduled to start in the twin-island of Trinidad and Tobago and end in Dominica.

The Twenty20 matches are scheduled for T&T and the three ODIs in Guyana.The teams will then travel to Jamaica, Barbados and Dominica for each of the Test matches.

Link

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan running around making money for other countries but none of them want to tour Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Time to correct this anomaly of our test record vs. Windies ever since they went on terminal decline. Anything less than a whitewash is a failure.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Time to correct this anomaly of our test record vs. Windies ever since they went on terminal decline. Anything less than a whitewash is a failure.
    Time for Younis Khan to correct his record in WI as well

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    NEW PITCHES TO BE READY FOR PAKISTAN ODIS

National Stadium Manager, Anthony Xavier ,yesterday confirmed that the relayed international pitches at the Guyana National Stadium, Providence will be ready for the One Day International (ODI) three-match series between West Indies and Pakistan.

Guyana will be the host country for the ODI series, which will be played on April 7, 9 and 11.

“Definitely the four international pitches which were recently relayed will be ready for the ODI games,” Xavier said.

The management of the Guyana National Stadium, Providence, recently completed a massive overhaul of the four international pitches.

During a recent visit late last year, head curator, Wasim Habib explained that roughly five inches of sand from under the original pitches were replaced with “Crush and Run”, the same material which is used to build roads.

Further, Habib disclosed that the old soil was replaced with eight inches of soil with higher clay content.

This, according to Habib,will definitely assist the faster bowlers, since a livelier track can be expected.
    Thank god for that. Caribbean pitches are mostly slow and low but Guyana is the worst offender. I remember SA in an ODI tri-series match crawling to 189 after 50 overs. Batsmen just do not get any value for their shots. So I was dreading ALL three ODIs being in Guyana - everyone would've been put to sleep.

Go look at the Professional Cricket League stats (West Indies's FC competition) and you see spinners dominate the bowling charts. WICB shouldn't stop here, all pitches across the Caribbean need an injection of some pace and bounce.
    @MMHS what do you think of this news ?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Thank god for that. Caribbean pitches are mostly slow and low but Guyana is the worst offender. I remember SA in an ODI tri-series match crawling to 189 after 50 overs. Batsmen just do not get any value for their shots. So I was dreading ALL three ODIs being in Guyana - everyone would've been put to sleep.

Go look at the Professional Cricket League stats (West Indies's FC competition) and you see spinners dominate the bowling charts. WICB shouldn't stop here, all pitches across the Caribbean need an injection of some pace and bounce.
    @MMHS what do you think of this news ?
    Great - this is the main reason of the decline of WI Cricket (PAK as well).

I hear lots of rubbish regarding why in olden days India never had quality pace attack - including diet, genetics & nature. But, the reason & only reason is where you are nurturing your players.

I give a classic example - WI at least has no diet or genetics issue - lots of meet, robust west African gin, tall, muscular physique, naturally fit athlete, extremely fast sprinting capability ............. you name anything for breeding a fast bowler; it's there. Still, why 6'8" tall Holders are bowling line length at 120KM?

One reason is definitely that the game is dying there. The amount of effort or energy that you need to be a pro cricketer - be as bowler or batsman, actually can earn you several times more if you go to soccer, basketball, baseball or even boxing & athletics. But still, there are enough interest & telnet there - on population basis, Caribbean Islands are the best sporting people in earth.

The worst thing that happened in WI cricket in last 2 decades is that their wickets has turned to as poor as PAK domestic wickets - dead slow, low & non responsive. If you look at the Shield stats for last 15-20 years, every team has got 2/3 darters who are getting wickets at <20 average & at ~2 economy rate & like PAK, it's the grafters who are making most runs. Also, just like India till 80s, you'll see every FC teams are actually opening bowling with "All-rounders" - Bravo, Holder, Russell, Pollard, Barwthwaite ........ Whatever Fast bowlers are picked, actually are used to take the shine off - take any Fast bowler, his average work load in a FC match is 20 overs in total, at most. Take this guy - Miguel Cummins - he is taking around 3 wickets/FC match at around 40 SR, which means, he is at average bowling about 125 balls in a 4 day match - this is just half of what is ideal.

WI cricket will never reach to that level, for other reasons, but this is definitely a big positive move.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 6 months we play WI once again, seems like after SL, WI will be the bogey team for Pakistan playing them twice or thrice in a year.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    In 6 months we play WI once again, seems like after SL, WI will be the bogey team for Pakistan playing them twice or thrice in a year.
    Battle of the minnows

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Battle of the minnows
    So much the need for it to have 2 full series within 5 months not even 6?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I noticed a comment about teams not wanting to play us. Unfortunaltey it has always been the case since we first became a test playing nation. But we have forced them to accept us through our performances and the fact we helped revolutionise the game. Pakistan simply has to accept the fact that the countrys that play cricket see them as "untermensch" and we have to force them to recognise us by winning...its hard but we have to do it..hence why no team has the pressure we do..Hence why Pakistan is probably the greatest cricketing nation on the planet..inmho..

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So much the need for it to have 2 full series within 5 months not even 6?
    The big boys beat us up and put us in our place. Its better if we play those against whom we can actually compete. But yeah you are right it is excessive.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The schedule is done in cycles - last time PAK played WI at home/UAE was probably 2007 & visited WI for Test series in 2012. More or less, between 2010 to 2015 had been a dull period for PAK cricket - hardly any serious cricket. Partially, because of isolation with India, but I think that 2010 fixing issue was a factor as well.

Playing more game is always better.