Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Pakistan tour of West Indies 2017 itinerary announced [update#41]

ST JOHN’S, Antigua – The West Indies and Pakistan Cricket Boards have agreed to play three Tests, three One-Day-Internationals and two Twenty20 matches in the Caribbean from Monday, March 27 to Monday, May 15.

The series is scheduled to start in the twin-island of Trinidad and Tobago and end in Dominica.

The Twenty20 matches are scheduled for TT; the three ODIs in Guyana, then the teams will then travel to Jamaica, Barbados and Dominica for each of the Test matches.

Manager of Operations, WICB, Roland Holder thinks this series will offer the home team an additional opportunity in the busy cricket year “to improve its ranking. Any series against Pakistan always poses an interesting contest for the West Indies.”

Schedule

• Friday, March 31 - 1st T20 (Queen’s Park Oval)
    • Sunday, April 2 - 2nd T20 (Queen’s Park Oval)
    • Friday, April 7 - 1st ODI (Guyana National Stadium)
    • Sunday, April 9 - 2nd ODI (Guyana National Stadium)
    • Tuesday, April 11 - 3rd ODI (Guyana National Stadium)
    • Saturday, April 15 - 3-Day Match (Trelawny Stadium)
    • Friday, April 22 - 1st Test (Sabina Park)
    • Sunday April 30 - 2nd Test (Kensington Oval)
    • Wednesday, May 10 - 3rd Test (Windsor Park)

Both teams met in a three-test series in Dubai last October, Pakistan won that series 2-1.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 11th January 2017 at 19:22.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    About 2 months between when the Australia ODI series ends and his starts. How will we fill that gap?

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    All three ODIs in Guyana - that pitch is already so slow, low and spin friendly I shudder to think what it'll look like by the 3rd ODI.

Not going to have a four Test series as was stated in the FTP but nice to play at Sabina Park and Kensington Oval.

Dominica is a fairly newer ground, quite spin friendly - 5 out of the leading 6 wicket-takers in Test matches at the ground are spinners so Yasir and Asghar will be a must.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    About 2 months between when the Australia ODI series ends and his starts. How will we fill that gap?
    Forgot about the psl

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Forgot about the psl
    Also want the players to have a little time off. After a tour like Australia, it's good to cool off.

“I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players do need a few months to recuperate after being hammered in Australia and New Zealand. The next team will need to be analysed to see if any better players can replace the failures. Should be a good series between two evenly matched sides. Australia and NZ at home are way to good for Pak.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This series will be fun to watch for us North Americans, same time zone

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Ikr

I predict:

1-1 Tied T20s
    1-2 Pak win ODIs
    1-1 Tied Tests

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Forgot about the psl
    Yup. PSL + a little break with the family.

They've been traveling for too long. It's starting to show in their play.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Always the best tour to watch.

I like the Australian/NZ tours as well. Matches start around 5-6 PM EST (day matches).

I remember the series in Pakistan. Those were horrible. 3-4 AM in the morning.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is a huge opportunity for Pak to win their first ever Test series in WI.

Hopefully, we see a fresh team and not some old people.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Always thought the original plan of having 4 tests would be changed.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what about t20s in Florida?Lahore?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure if serious.

2 months without cricket is not considered a gap
    Only last year I think it was or the year before Pak didn't play any cricket for 6+ months!

2 months...
    Last edited by jeetu; 12th January 2017 at 05:32.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So from 4 tests to 3. Good that it's not 2 tests.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good that we're playing at least 3 tests.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    shoot, I was hoping they'd be playing the t20s in florida as rumored, I would have loved to watch in person!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I would have lost my every bit of respect for PCB, if it was a 4 Test Series; but thanks to both board that it's not a 2 Test Series. These 2 are indeed piece in Cricket world - I understand that 4 Test was a bit too much expected, but why just 3 ODI?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The players will need some rest. There is psl as well which will be in February. So not much time really.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I would have lost my every bit of respect for PCB, if it was a 4 Test Series; but thanks to both board that it's not a 2 Test Series. These 2 are indeed piece in Cricket world - I understand that 4 Test was a bit too much expected, but why just 3 ODI?
    PCB would have tried their best to make it a two test match series , anyway good that we are gonna watch a 3 test match series. This will enhance misbahs focus as well as he knows now that the series is going to happen.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 ODI's are enough IMO.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This will be the series when Pakistan finally wins in the West Indies.

I'm calling it.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    This. What happened?

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post

I'm calling it.
    Will need to.

A drawn series, or worse, a series defeat (which is very unlikely though) will be the last straw for Misbah and I suspect a few more players in the team.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post

I'm calling it.
    I doubt it , we will find a way to lose or draw the series. We are very inventive in this regard.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The series should have to be on aug-September as the decider to qualify for wc

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Take everything you hear from Sethi with a pinch of salt. He has the habit of talking nonsense.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too much of cricket being organized by money oriented and selfish PCB. They are players and not machines, need some time out with family/friends and a well-deserved break.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    NEW PITCHES TO BE READY FOR PAKISTAN ODIS

National Stadium Manager, Anthony Xavier ,yesterday confirmed that the relayed international pitches at the Guyana National Stadium, Providence will be ready for the One Day International (ODI) three-match series between West Indies and Pakistan.

Guyana will be the host country for the ODI series, which will be played on April 7, 9 and 11.

“Definitely the four international pitches which were recently relayed will be ready for the ODI games,” Xavier said.

The management of the Guyana National Stadium, Providence, recently completed a massive overhaul of the four international pitches.

During a recent visit late last year, head curator, Wasim Habib explained that roughly five inches of sand from under the original pitches were replaced with “Crush and Run”, the same material which is used to build roads.

Further, Habib disclosed that the old soil was replaced with eight inches of soil with higher clay content.

This, according to Habib,will definitely assist the faster bowlers, since a livelier track can be expected.

“By changing the foundation of the pitch it will assist the faster bowlers.We have a history of low and slow pitches, so definitely I feel the pitches will be better when completed,” Habib disclosed.

The most pressing cricketing issue, among a host of others in the Caribbean, is pitches, both at the regional and international levels.

For several years, pitches in the West Indies have aided spinners to an unfair and damaging extent, and since its establishment in 2007, the Providence pitches is no different and have come under immense scrutiny.

Meanwhile, the West Indies and Pakistan Cricket Boards have agreed to play three Tests, three One-Day-Internationals and two Twenty20 matches in the Caribbean from Monday, March 27 to Monday, May 15.

The series is scheduled to start in the twin-island of Trinidad and Tobago and end in Dominica.

The Twenty20 matches are scheduled for T&T and the three ODIs in Guyana.The teams will then travel to Jamaica, Barbados and Dominica for each of the Test matches.

Link

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan running around making money for other countries but none of them want to tour Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Time to correct this anomaly of our test record vs. Windies ever since they went on terminal decline. Anything less than a whitewash is a failure.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Time to correct this anomaly of our test record vs. Windies ever since they went on terminal decline. Anything less than a whitewash is a failure.
    Time for Younis Khan to correct his record in WI as well

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    NEW PITCHES TO BE READY FOR PAKISTAN ODIS

National Stadium Manager, Anthony Xavier ,yesterday confirmed that the relayed international pitches at the Guyana National Stadium, Providence will be ready for the One Day International (ODI) three-match series between West Indies and Pakistan.

Guyana will be the host country for the ODI series, which will be played on April 7, 9 and 11.

“Definitely the four international pitches which were recently relayed will be ready for the ODI games,” Xavier said.

The management of the Guyana National Stadium, Providence, recently completed a massive overhaul of the four international pitches.

During a recent visit late last year, head curator, Wasim Habib explained that roughly five inches of sand from under the original pitches were replaced with “Crush and Run”, the same material which is used to build roads.

Further, Habib disclosed that the old soil was replaced with eight inches of soil with higher clay content.

This, according to Habib,will definitely assist the faster bowlers, since a livelier track can be expected.
    Thank god for that. Caribbean pitches are mostly slow and low but Guyana is the worst offender. I remember SA in an ODI tri-series match crawling to 189 after 50 overs. Batsmen just do not get any value for their shots. So I was dreading ALL three ODIs being in Guyana - everyone would've been put to sleep.

Go look at the Professional Cricket League stats (West Indies's FC competition) and you see spinners dominate the bowling charts. WICB shouldn't stop here, all pitches across the Caribbean need an injection of some pace and bounce.
    @MMHS what do you think of this news ?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Thank god for that. Caribbean pitches are mostly slow and low but Guyana is the worst offender. I remember SA in an ODI tri-series match crawling to 189 after 50 overs. Batsmen just do not get any value for their shots. So I was dreading ALL three ODIs being in Guyana - everyone would've been put to sleep.

Go look at the Professional Cricket League stats (West Indies's FC competition) and you see spinners dominate the bowling charts. WICB shouldn't stop here, all pitches across the Caribbean need an injection of some pace and bounce.
    @MMHS what do you think of this news ?
    Great - this is the main reason of the decline of WI Cricket (PAK as well).

I hear lots of rubbish regarding why in olden days India never had quality pace attack - including diet, genetics & nature. But, the reason & only reason is where you are nurturing your players.

I give a classic example - WI at least has no diet or genetics issue - lots of meet, robust west African gin, tall, muscular physique, naturally fit athlete, extremely fast sprinting capability ............. you name anything for breeding a fast bowler; it's there. Still, why 6'8" tall Holders are bowling line length at 120KM?

One reason is definitely that the game is dying there. The amount of effort or energy that you need to be a pro cricketer - be as bowler or batsman, actually can earn you several times more if you go to soccer, basketball, baseball or even boxing & athletics. But still, there are enough interest & telnet there - on population basis, Caribbean Islands are the best sporting people in earth.

The worst thing that happened in WI cricket in last 2 decades is that their wickets has turned to as poor as PAK domestic wickets - dead slow, low & non responsive. If you look at the Shield stats for last 15-20 years, every team has got 2/3 darters who are getting wickets at <20 average & at ~2 economy rate & like PAK, it's the grafters who are making most runs. Also, just like India till 80s, you'll see every FC teams are actually opening bowling with "All-rounders" - Bravo, Holder, Russell, Pollard, Barwthwaite ........ Whatever Fast bowlers are picked, actually are used to take the shine off - take any Fast bowler, his average work load in a FC match is 20 overs in total, at most. Take this guy - Miguel Cummins - he is taking around 3 wickets/FC match at around 40 SR, which means, he is at average bowling about 125 balls in a 4 day match - this is just half of what is ideal.

WI cricket will never reach to that level, for other reasons, but this is definitely a big positive move.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 6 months we play WI once again, seems like after SL, WI will be the bogey team for Pakistan playing them twice or thrice in a year.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    In 6 months we play WI once again, seems like after SL, WI will be the bogey team for Pakistan playing them twice or thrice in a year.
    Battle of the minnows

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Battle of the minnows
    So much the need for it to have 2 full series within 5 months not even 6?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I noticed a comment about teams not wanting to play us. Unfortunaltey it has always been the case since we first became a test playing nation. But we have forced them to accept us through our performances and the fact we helped revolutionise the game. Pakistan simply has to accept the fact that the countrys that play cricket see them as "untermensch" and we have to force them to recognise us by winning...its hard but we have to do it..hence why no team has the pressure we do..Hence why Pakistan is probably the greatest cricketing nation on the planet..inmho..

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So much the need for it to have 2 full series within 5 months not even 6?
    The big boys beat us up and put us in our place. Its better if we play those against whom we can actually compete. But yeah you are right it is excessive.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    The schedule is done in cycles - last time PAK played WI at home/UAE was probably 2007 & visited WI for Test series in 2012. More or less, between 2010 to 2015 had been a dull period for PAK cricket - hardly any serious cricket. Partially, because of isolation with India, but I think that 2010 fixing issue was a factor as well.

Playing more game is always better.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pakistan Tour to West Indies extended by two T20Is

ST. JOHN’S, Antigua – The West Indies Cricket Board has announced the addition of two Twenty20 Internationals to the itinerary for the Pakistan Tour of the West Indies.

As a consequence of the additional matches, the series between World Twenty20 champions West Indies and the visiting Pakistanis will now be contested over four matches.

“Twenty20 is an exciting format and this is another opportunity for our fans to indulge in the thrilling atmosphere that surrounds these matches,” said Roland Holder, WICB manager, cricket operations.

“We look forward to fans in Barbados and Trinidad coming out and cheering our team on to victory.”

The first of the two additional T20Is will be played on Sunday, March 26 at Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados.

The series then moves to the Queen’s Park Oval in the Trinidad & Tobago capital of Port of Spain, where they will now be three T20Is instead of the originally carded two.

The matches will now be contested on Thursday, March 30, a public holiday, and will be followed by matches on Saturday, April 1 and Sunday, April 2.

PAKISTAN TO WEST INDIES 2017

SCHEDULE OF MATCHES

Dates Match Venue
    26 Mar, 2017 1st T20I : West Indies v Pakistan Kensington Oval
    30 Mar, 2017 2nd T20I : West Indies v Pakistan Queen's Park Oval
    1 Apr, 2017 3rd T20I : West Indies v Pakistan Queen's Park Oval
    2 Apr, 2017 4th T20I : West Indies v Pakistan Queen's Park Oval
    7 Apr, 2017 1st ODI : West Indies v Pakistan Guyana National Stadium
    9 Apr, 2017 2nd ODI : West Indies v Pakistan Guyana National Stadium
    11 Apr, 2017 3rd ODI : West Indies v Pakistan Guyana National Stadium
    15-17 Apr, 2017 Three-day tour match Trelawny Stadium
    22-26 Apr, 2017 1st Test : West Indies v Pakistan Sabina Park
    30 Apr-4 May, 2017 2nd Test : West Indies v Pakistan Kensington Oval
    10-14 May, 2017 3rd Test : West Indies v Pakistan Windsor Park
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 4th March 2017 at 19:43.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Weird, 3 would've done fine but I won't complain, only more cricket to enjoy (hopefully)

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    BTW what;s with having so many games at the same venue?? 3 consecutive T20s at one venue and 3 consecutive ODIs at another.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    4 T20s is overkill. Would've preferred an extra ODI.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    T20s will be 2-2 or 3-1 to Pakistan

ODIs are too close to call but I'd say 2-1 to Pakistan

Tests 1-1 or 1-0 to Windies

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Great job - PCB was the first major board accepting 2 Test Series; now they have started first tour with highest number of T20. I wonder why they bother to play Test - scarp 2 of those 3, that's 10 days & we can watch a 7 match T20 series like Baseball's WS...............

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great job - PCB was the first major board accepting 2 Test Series; now they have started first tour with highest number of T20. I wonder why they bother to play Test - scarp 2 of those 3, that's 10 days & we can watch a 7 match T20 series like Baseball's WS...............
    PCB knows that majority of Pakistan's cricket watching population doesn't give two hoots about tests. That is a fact. The folks who post on PP are well-informed cricket fanatics and they would rate tests higher. That's not the case with the general populace.

Same with Windies.

What's the point of playing boring test matches on a dustbowl infront of empty stands with the only spectators being the groudsmen and a stray dog.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    PCB knows that majority of Pakistan's cricket watching population doesn't give two hoots about tests. That is a fact. The folks who post on PP are well-informed cricket fanatics and they would rate tests higher. That's not the case with the general populace.

Same with Windies.

What's the point of playing boring test matches on a dustbowl infront of empty stands with the only spectators being the groudsmen and a stray dog.

Nothing, if you don't bother for the status co.

IND, AUS, ENG, SAF plays 4/5 Test series - PAK, ZIM, WI, BD, SRL plays 1/2/3 Test series, in future Afghans & Irish will also join that club - if that doesn't hurt much, it's fine.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Don't see the point of playing 4 T20Is only a few months before the Champions Trophy.

Should have been 2 T20Is and 5 ODIs, but in an ideal world, no T20Is and 7 ODIs. Disappointing to see WICB's inability to attract crowd for anything but T20Is.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing, if you don't bother for the status co.

IND, AUS, ENG, SAF plays 4/5 Test series - PAK, ZIM, WI, BD, SRL plays 1/2/3 Test series, in future Afghans & Irish will also join that club - if that doesn't hurt much, it's fine.
    All I'm saying is that there is profound interest and viewership for Test match cricket in countries like India, Australia and England and therefore it makes sense for them to play extended test series.

You don't find the same interest for it in Pakistan and it makes more business sense for the Pakistani cricket team to play a format that will garner more viewership.

As they say, "It's all about the money, honey"

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    4 x T20Is - wow. And yet people still blame the ICC when it comes to Pakistan not playing enough test matches.

Why do the PCB agree to these bizarre schedules?

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is awful. T20Is are rubbish not to mention we have no ODIs between this and the CT! Should've been 5 ODIs and 2T20s

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it the first time Pakistan will play a four match T20I series?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Playing more T20s might be like chemo for our dying ODI side. It may help us to get rid of the sluggish playing style.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    important start for Sarfi ..

expecting a series win in all three formats

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Is it the first time Pakistan will play a four match T20I series?
    I don't think, there had been 4 T20s in a series before.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost same time zone, but not exactly, they are one hour ahead of us EST-USA, except Jamaica.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 T20I same venue ?

3 ODIs, same venue ????

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope that from this series WI try to direct qualify the wc.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the T20s are night matches, and ODIs are day/night. Will be a delight for North Americans.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    BTW what;s with having so many games at the same venue?? 3 consecutive T20s at one venue and 3 consecutive ODIs at another.
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    2 T20I same venue ?

3 ODIs, same venue ????
    It's really expensive to move between locations in the West Indies. I think once had to fly to Canada to do it!

Sir Frank Worrell's Federation of the West Indies is long dead - the cricket team is the last vestige of it.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think, there had been 4 T20s in a series before.
    I know 4 T20s have happened before in a series,but I meant has Pakistan ever played a series with 4 T20s.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did they have to fly all the way to Canada?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAceOfSpades View Post
    Why did they have to fly all the way to Canada?
    Sorry - half my words were deleted.

It's not uncommon to have to transit New York or Toronto or even London to get between 2 Caribbean islands. There just isn't the local airline infrastructure - networks - to get between islands, hence the popularity of cruiseships.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not complaining because more cricket is never a bad thing. Does anyone know whether these will be day nighters or just day games? Most cricket in WI are day games but the tri series last year consisted of day nighters so...

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Not complaining because more cricket is never a bad thing. Does anyone know whether these will be day nighters or just day games? Most cricket in WI are day games but the tri series last year consisted of day nighters so...
    i dont think ive ever seen pak play in night in WI

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Wait wasnt this supposed to be a FOUR TEST series???!!!??

So the chances are that again we won't rectify that shameful record of not having won in WI

We will FOR SURE mess one match up big time due to brain fades, the pitch or combination of both

Win one and draw another. So another 1-1

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    would love to watch the 4 t20's....now come on, who watches Test cricket anymore!

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    People begging for more test here? already 3 tests and now you won't 4...wow like seriously!

I guess the average age of PP posters is somewhere around 66.

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sabina Park to celebrate 50th Test match – West Indies vs Pakistan

St John’s, ANTIGUA - When West Indies lines up against Pakistan at Sabina Park for the 1st test of this year’s series in Kingston, April 21 – 25, it will be the 50th Test Match for one of the region’s most popular venue for cricket.

Sabina Park, like Kensington Oval, is among two of the international venues which will have hosted 50 Test Matches or more.

The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) in association with Kingston Cricket Club and Sabina Park Holdings through the support of the Jamaica Cricket Association will be hosting a series of events during the match to celebrate the important milestone.

A poster competition has been launched and is being circulated for participation among schools in Jamaica. The competition is for children/students 12 to 19 years of age. The theme is – Sabina, how the past influences the future.

Among the other activities will be a fitting tribute to all the wonderful performances which have taken place at the Park. Chief among them will be images of Garfield Sobers’ record 365* in 1958; George Headley’s 270* in 1935 and Ramnaresh Sarwan’s 261* in 2004. Those are among the best batting performances listed.

Bowling highlights will include the exploits of former fast bowler, Courtney Walsh, who tops the list with the highest number of wickets, 48, which he took between 1985 – 2001; Sir Wes Hall grabbed 35 during an eight-year period, 1960 – 1968; and the late Malcolm Marshall, 31, between 1981 – 1991.

The celebration will include a mix of sport and entertainment activities to showcase the value cricket and Sabina Park have had on Jamaica since its first Test back in April 1930.

JCA President, Billy Heaven, says “the milestone is an important one for the Park and we think it could have not come at a better time, when the cricket industry is at a turning point towards more positive economic contributions. We are pleased to be hosting Pakistan on this milestone. We anticipate keen contest in the match and we look forward to support from the fans for the variety of activities we will have to mark this significant time in our history.”

The full list of activities will be available to the public shortly. Tickets for the match will be available online in a week and at the gates two weeks prior to the start of the match.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tour to West indies 2017, the most purposeless in recent times by a Pak team.

After suffering another 0-3 loss to England, West Indies kept their "punching bag status" for most of the test playing nations. Weak team, placid and slow wickets providing an easy pray for the batsmen who usually fail on lively tacks and quality bowling.

This was a God given opportunity for beginning of a new era of Pakistan cricket with introduction of a new look Pakistan team, a fresh and young team under a new captain. Confidence a young Captain and team that could be gained would have served the team for many many years to come.

But looks like the sole purpose of the tour, as it is shaping up now is to provide rehabilitation and recuperation for the aged, failed and FTBs , who have been failing repeatedly against quality bowling and now licking their lips for an easy prey and PCB is just doing that.

This is just sad, not a golden era of Pakistan cricket history, one of the worst in recent time considering the priorities of the PCB chairman, selectors and some "legendary" captain and players as they have no intention to let any new player to find an opportunity to establish himself.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don't see the point of playing 4 T20Is only a few months before the Champions Trophy.

Should have been 2 T20Is and 5 ODIs, but in an ideal world, no T20Is and 7 ODIs. Disappointing to see WICB's inability to attract crowd for anything but T20Is.
    Wait, the champions trophy is going to be T20 now?

Wasnt it ODI last time?

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Yeah would've liked more ODIs instead of T20Is as well. However, don't mind it too much as T20I is the one format where we may actually introduce youngsters. The likes of Shadab, Fakhar, Usama, Shinwari, Rumman, Talat are likelier to get some time in T20Is rather than ODIs.

As far as the results of these series is concerned, I think it will be:

T20Is: 3-1 Pakistan
    ODIs: 3-0 Pakistan
    Tests: 3-0 Pakistan

Even the sole T20I loss will be a "nazarbattu" (I think that's what it's called).

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same with Windies.

You don't represent majority of Pak cricket fans, I think they still prefer tests over tamasha and useless T20s.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    Wait, the champions trophy is going to be T20 now?

Wasnt it ODI last time?
    his point literally suggests the opposite ie that it is still an ODI tournament, read it more carefully next time

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Too much of Jamodis also the timezone means its impossible to watch 11 30 pm starting time but lukin fwd to Test matches hopefully we will overcome the Caribbean hoodo

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    After suffering another 0-3 loss to England, West Indies kept their "punching bag status" for most of the test playing nations. Weak team, placid and slow wickets providing an easy pray for the batsmen who usually fail on lively tacks and quality bowling.

This was a God given opportunity for beginning of a new era of Pakistan cricket with introduction of a new look Pakistan team, a fresh and young team under a new captain. Confidence a young Captain and team that could be gained would have served the team for many many years to come.

But looks like the sole purpose of the tour, as it is shaping up now is to provide rehabilitation and recuperation for the aged, failed and FTBs , who have been failing repeatedly against quality bowling and now licking their lips for an easy prey and PCB is just doing that.

This is just sad, not a golden era of Pakistan cricket history, one of the worst in recent time considering the priorities of the PCB chairman, selectors and some "legendary" captain and players as they have no intention to let any new player to find an opportunity to establish himself.
    Its so Misbah can retire with 'grace', his deluded fans think.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't represent majority of Pak cricket fans, I think they still prefer tests over tamasha and useless T20s.
    They don't. Its a fact. Despite being an avid cricket fan, even I don't find time to watch the an entire day of Test cricket, let alone random fans.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kianig89 View Post
    Too much of Jamodis also the timezone means its impossible to watch 11 30 pm starting time but lukin fwd to Test matches hopefully we will overcome the Caribbean hoodo
    The ODIs start at 13:30 GMT i.e. 6:30 PM Pakistan time.

T20Is are at 16:30 GMT, i.e. 9:30 PM Pakistan time.

Not too bad though they finish late.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th March 2017 at 21:57.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1st Test is at Jamaica, where India had WI all out 196 in 1st innings and scored 500+. This should be good for the pacers, as swing and seam was plenty early on in the last match played there.

2nd Test is at Bridgetown, where England just had WI 45-6 in the last ODI played there. Again, swing and seam is plenty.

3rd Test is at Windsor Park, where Australia just had WI all out 148 in the 1st innings in the last Test played there.

So Pak. Test pacers should be licking their lips, because even though there isn't much pace, there is swing/seam available and they won't get these conditions in the UAE.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle