Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Chief Selector Inzi The Revolutionary - Performance Watch

One of the most discussed topics in this forum.

Let's discuss his performance in this thread.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Always knew he would be no different than his predecessors. He makes Haroon Rasheed looks like a decent selector atleast he was awarding domestic performers. Inzi on the other hand doesn't care about stats at all that's why Hafeez and Umar were recalled with out any notable performance or improvement.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    622 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Inzi believes in no-selection.

That is, the players who are already playing, they obviously can't be chopped and changed just like that. Consistency is an important factor, and they should be given 5 years to prove they can do something.

Before that, no point in going out to domestic matches, scouting talent, as there's no need of it. They can sit and relax at the NCA and keep dishing out the same players list each time.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Maybe its time for fans to start to accept the level of the talent pool we possess. Not every selector can make the same mistake now can they

We always give an easy ride to the players and management

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Maybe its time for fans to start to accept the level of the talent pool we possess. Not every selector can make the same mistake now can they

Nah, Misbah's responsible for these TTF's being selected in the ODI team because he's scared that youngsta super talented beauty heroes will usurp his position in the team from which he retired two years ago.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    he's doing the best he can..but what and who should he select? what is our talent pool like? for tests he can afford to take it slow..just the nature of test cricket means we can afford to blood some youngsters in this era..but its the ODI game where he needs to bring in more youngsters..I would throw in loads to see who sinks or swims..what have we got to lose??

I would watch doemstic ODI cricket and u19 cricket..if I see talent I would throw it in at the deep end..sink or swim!!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Domestic cricket in Pakistan should be scrapped.

Send out talent scouts and bring to NCA the selected kids to mix in with the current lot. All stadium should be allowed to rent for wedding ceremonies , political gatherings and basant.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Test Squad - Spin bowling AR for Aus tour. Nawaz.

ODI Squad - Mohammed Irfan, Asad Shafiq, Junaid Khan (Hafeez and Malik may be compulsions)

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    he's doing the best he can..but what and who should he select? what is our talent pool like? for tests he can afford to take it slow..just the nature of test cricket means we can afford to blood some youngsters in this era..but its the ODI game where he needs to bring in more youngsters..I would throw in loads to see who sinks or swims..what have we got to lose??

I would watch doemstic ODI cricket and u19 cricket..if I see talent I would throw it in at the deep end..sink or swim!!
    If so that , there was no need for inzamam. Should have continued his job with Afghanistan.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Nah, Misbah's responsible for these TTF's being selected in the ODI team because he's scared that youngsta super talented beauty heroes will usurp his position in the team from which he retired two years ago.
    We can never improve in the long-term and get to the next level till we accept this and realize that no jilteed superstar is roaming around in Pakistan who would wreck everyone if only he was picked.

The worse thing is that this lets everyone go scot free. No need to improve the mentality, tactics or combinations when the best players arent even playinh

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I agree with your post but I will also say that instead of trying failed ODI players such as Hafeez, Kamran, Umar, Shafiq, Irfan he might as well try someone new. At worst they'll fail too and we won't really be worse off. But youre' right in terms of talent.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Domestic cricket in Pakistan should be scrapped.

Send out talent scouts and bring to NCA the selected kids to mix in with the current lot. All stadium should be allowed to rent for wedding ceremonies , political gatherings and basant.
    the way things are headed cricket may simply die away slowly..

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    I agree with your post but I will also say that instead of trying failed ODI players such as Hafeez, Kamran, Umar, Shafiq, Irfan he might as well try someone new. At worst they'll fail too and we won't really be worse off. But youre' right in terms of talent.
    The problem is that majority of these failed talents are the ones dominating domestics and outshining them when they play with the newbies.

Ofcourse isolated cases are there where deserving may not be selected

but the point is even if they were selected, the team is so far behind that results wont change.

Basically selection isnt the problem and theres no need to hide behind that excuse

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    We can never improve in the long-term and get to the next level till we accept this and realize that no jilteed superstar is roaming around in Pakistan who would wreck everyone if only he was picked.

The worse thing is that this lets everyone go scot free. No need to improve the mentality, tactics or combinations when the best players arent even playinh
    But where has this assumption come from?

They don't try anyone to come to such a conclusion! It's a repeated cycle of TTFs and then, "see we don't have anyone in domestic cricket."

The top domestic performers aren't picked year after year.

I mean look at Junaid Khan. The man was so bad they dropped him from the FC XI halfway into this year's tournament. He failed in the OD cup too. BUT he's the first replacement after Irfan goes back home.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As a cricket fan its frustrating to see the development of Pakistani batsmen in LOI ,West Indies for all their issues are still two time winner of t20 wc although shabby in test but atleast they are not a nation and their board is 2x worse than PCB.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    But where has this assumption come from?

They don't try anyone to come to such a conclusion! It's a repeated cycle of TTFs and then, "see we don't have anyone in domestic cricket."

The top domestic performers aren't picked year after year.

I mean look at Junaid Khan. The man was so bad they dropped him from the FC XI halfway into this year's tournament. He failed in the OD cup too. BUT he's the first replacement after Irfan goes back home.

Wrong

I mean the fans. The fans think that there are superstars roaming around who would change our fortunes.

The fact is that best performers do get chances and are nowhere near the required level. Hammad Azam averaged 18 with the ball in domestics and he looked barely a club level bowler when he played.

As for Junaid. He left halfway because he went BPL and did actually well

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not the players we lack it's the selectors, if and ordinary fan like of can select this team than don't know how these so called selectors can't, 1_Sharjeel (Attacking Left hand opener)
    2_Umar (Attacking right hand opener, give him license to go all out)
    3_Babar(VC) (Both Anchor and Aggressor right hander)
    4_Haris (same as babar but left hander)
    5_Sarfraz(WK and C) (solid keeper batsman who can milk spin in middle overs and right hander)
    6_Yamin (Right hand solid Batting Allrounder plus medium Pace bowler)
    7_Imad (Left hander and attacking spin all rounder)
    8_ ? ( Hard hitting pace Bowling Allrounder)
    9_Amir (Good left arm fast who can stick around with bat and can also smash few quick runs)
    10_Usama Mir(Solid Leggie for LOIs who can actually spin the ball and no mug with bat)
    11_Hassan Ali(Solid right arm fast medium and also have some potential with bat)
    We have the players but need a selection committe who have working brain cells and management who can play these players in correct batting order to get maximum out of these players, and i can guarantee this team can atleast be a top 4 team in world.

We Have Good Players Just Need to Find Good Selectors

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Wrong

I mean the fans. The fans think that there are superstars roaming around who would change our fortunes.

The fact is that best performers do get chances and are nowhere near the required level. Hammad Azam averaged 18 with the ball in domestics and he looked barely a club level bowler when he played.

As for Junaid. He left halfway because he went BPL and did actually well
    Junaid was dropped 2-3 weeks before the BPL tournament. Look at his Cricinfo profile if you don't believe me.

He was getting destroyed on seamer-friendly wickets.

I agree, superstars aren't roaming around. BUT you have to give them a chance so players understand the value of performing if nothing else.

Right now, the selection policy is all over the place. Imagine a young player, he doesn't know what's going on and how he'll ever get selected!

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    realisitically he has done better than other CS ...he is the one who gave chances to hasan ali, nawaz, asghar, amad butt, sami aslam ahead of shehzad also sticking to the young players like imad wasim, rizwan, babar azam.. and chances for fakhar zaman, jaahid ali, saud shakeel, shadab khan, saif badar in A tours... he has a plan and trying out the ttfs with a last chance before being discarded forever...he tried gul and now gone, same he will try kami and will be gone too...For me he is the best and reasonable CS pak have ever had in the recent past..

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The talent isn't the point, Inzamam hasn't even given the top domestic performers a chance

People like Hafeez, Azhar, Akmal, Wahab, Nawaz... Are not the best we have to offer, just look at their performance over the last year and compare it to domestic

How can you say the talent is the problem when the talent isn't being tested

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True revolutions almost always require some bloodshed, and I can't expect anything to change, unless we somehow fail to qualify for the World Cup. Even then the chance is 50-50.

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine recently had a dinner with Inzi at another friends house, not in Pakistan. He was all praise for Inzi for being very nice, soft spoken, well mannered person Inzi was but said surprisingly Inzi's not keeping himself well informed about cricket including Pakistan's domestics cricket and players. He was a busy man but cricket was not his passion or priority by any means.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Look I supported Inzamam's appointment as Chief Selector and still think he deserves time to turn things around. Too many past CSs have been easily influenced by senior players, lobbyists and journalists but Inzamam is a big character with clout who can cut through the nonsense. We saw how well the preparations for the England tour went and Inzamam was an important part of that.

He has given youngsters like Hasan Ali, Babar Azam, Mohammad Asghar and Sami Aslam a run. His A team selections have been generally good and hasn't fallen into the trap that previous CSs have of filling the A team with basically national team rejects.

However I think he's been too cautious and have been underwhelmed by some decisions. The selection of Umar Gul in the summer vs England was a mistake, as was picking a clearly unfit Mohammad Irfan. He hasn't groomed a seam bowling AR.

Pakistan were always likely to struggle in Australia no matter what combination was picked so PPers should quit pretending evil Inzy is somehow holding down the next Viv Richards or their fantasy XIs would've done any better. The talent pool is not great for a variety of reasons (poor grassroots coaching, terrible pitches, substandard balls etc, you know the drill). Pakistan's problem isn't simply one of poor team selection but a dysfunctional domestic structure that is incapable of producing players ready for international cricket.

I'll judge Inzamam's selection performance at the end of this year - we have three series against West Indies, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka that are ideal opportunities to blood youngsters. The Test bowling attack is in need of shaking up with Rahat Ali too wayward, Sohail Khan too unfit and Imran Khan not good enough so let's see whether Inzamam is ready to cull the deadwood.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Look I supported Inzamam's appointment as Chief Selector and still think he deserves time to turn things around. Too many past CSs have been easily influenced by senior players, lobbyists and journalists but Inzamam is a big character with clout who can cut through the nonsense. We saw how well the preparations for the England tour went and Inzamam was an important part of that.

He has given youngsters like Hasan Ali, Babar Azam, Mohammad Asghar and Sami Aslam a run. His A team selections have been generally good and hasn't fallen into the trap that previous CSs have of filling the A team with basically national team rejects.

However I think he's been too cautious and have been underwhelmed by some decisions. The selection of Umar Gul in the summer vs England was a mistake, as was picking a clearly unfit Mohammad Irfan. He hasn't groomed a seam bowling AR.

Pakistan were always likely to struggle in Australia no matter what combination was picked so PPers should quit pretending evil Inzy is somehow holding down the next Viv Richards or their fantasy XIs would've done any better. The talent pool is not great for a variety of reasons (poor grassroots coaching, terrible pitches, substandard balls etc, you know the drill). Pakistan's problem isn't simply one of poor team selection but a dysfunctional domestic structure that is incapable of producing players ready for international cricket.

I'll judge Inzamam's selection performance at the end of this year - we have three series against West Indies, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka that are ideal opportunities to blood youngsters. The Test bowling attack is in need of shaking up with Rahat Ali too wayward, Sohail Khan too unfit and Imran Khan not good enough so let's see whether Inzamam is ready to cull the deadwood.
    Australia is a challenge to tour and whether or not we'd have done better with an XI more suitable for conditions down under is subjective but what we can't deny is that it would give us a better chance, Australia is like hell for us but this is one of our biggest reasons for failure "Pakistan were always likely to struggle in Australia no matter what combination" it is the same mentality which the management had for this tour, who'd have predicted us drawing level in England?

While we must give Inzamam credit for the tour of England we can both agree that he got it wrong for Australia as did Pakistan in general, I don't buy into this phillosophy that because our players were not good enough we should throw in the towel because clearly Misbah's Pakistan can punch above their weight as they displayed in England. Besides, these wickets in AUS are not what they were decades a go and nor was this AUS team that of the past; we should have at least won a test as the bare minimum.

What we failed at was in our preparation for AUS and the team combination most definitely could have been better. How can we say that the talent isn't there when we refuse to develop it? see the case of Hammad Azam for example; Azhar and Shafiq came through the same system but they were given a long rope and we invested in them, sure we'd like more consistency but we can agree that they've not done so bad in the grand scheme.

We will always have deep rooted problems which need to be addressed with regards to grassroot coaching, terrible pitches and substandard balls; for the long term we need to sort these issues but in the short term we need to make best use of the resources we have e.g our ideal XI for specific conditions and provide an opportunity to the likes of Hammad given our lack of a seam bowling A/R (see his stats for the recent concluded premier FC tournament and this guy has not had the best of luck himself when it comes to his progression at the lower level has had to overcome shady politics and cold shoulder from the higher ups including the PCB).

However, I agree that we shouldn't pin point all our problems on Inzi but we have to agree that he did get it wrong in Australia but it's not like he is an inept selector or we'd not have been successful in England. I expect Inzi to learn from this experience and he has been a breath of fresh air in comparison to previous CSs but Pakistan fans have taken him for granted and would like Haroon Rashid to return I suppose.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Australia is a challenge to tour and whether or not we'd have done better with an XI more suitable for conditions down under is subjective but what we can't deny is that it would give us a better chance, Australia is like hell for us but this is one of our biggest reasons for failure "Pakistan were always likely to struggle in Australia no matter what combination" it is the same mentality which the management had for this tour, who'd have predicted us drawing level in England?

While we must give Inzamam credit for the tour of England we can both agree that he got it wrong for Australia as did Pakistan in general, I don't buy into this phillosophy that because our players were not good enough we should throw in the towel because clearly Misbah's Pakistan can punch above their weight as they displayed in England. Besides, these wickets in AUS are not what they were decades a go and nor was this AUS team that of the past; we should have at least won a test as the bare minimum.

What we failed at was in our preparation for AUS and the team combination most definitely could have been better. How can we say that the talent isn't there when we refuse to develop it? see the case of Hammad Azam for example; Azhar and Shafiq came through the same system but they were given a long rope and we invested in them, sure we'd like more consistency but we can agree that they've not done so bad in the grand scheme.

We will always have deep rooted problems which need to be addressed with regards to grassroot coaching, terrible pitches and substandard balls; for the long term we need to sort these issues but in the short term we need to make best use of the resources we have e.g our ideal XI for specific conditions and provide an opportunity to the likes of Hammad given our lack of a seam bowling A/R (see his stats for the recent concluded premier FC tournament and this guy has not had the best of luck himself when it comes to his progression at the lower level has had to overcome shady politics and cold shoulder from the higher ups including the PCB).

However, I agree that we shouldn't pin point all our problems on Inzi but we have to agree that he did get it wrong in Australia but it's not like he is an inept selector or we'd not have been successful in England. I expect Inzi to learn from this experience and he has been a breath of fresh air in comparison to previous CSs but Pakistan fans have taken him for granted and would like Haroon Rashid to return I suppose.
    I'm sure we could've selected W and X instead of Y and Z but I doubt it'd have changed the result - even Imran and Javed couldn't win in Australia let alone this team !

Inzamam should have selected a 5th bowler - Amir and Yasir especially looked out on their feet at times. As I said, one of his big mistakes is not grooming a seam bowling AR.

I agree he is an improvement on his predecessors. People must remember if Inzamam goes its not as if PCB will appoint someone like Bazid Khan, they're more likely to hire another T-Rex like Inti Alam, Iqbal Qasim or some other TTF.

So let's give Inzamam/Arthur combination time. Inzy's now had a proper domestic season to assess the talent pool. They haven't even had a year in the job and already some want them sacked.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I'm sure we could've selected W and X instead of Y and Z but I doubt it'd have changed the result - even Imran and Javed couldn't win in Australia let alone this team !

Inzamam should have selected a 5th bowler - Amir and Yasir especially looked out on their feet at times. As I said, one of his big mistakes is not grooming a seam bowling AR.

I agree he is an improvement on his predecessors. People must remember if Inzamam goes its not as if PCB will appoint someone like Bazid Khan, they're more likely to hire another T-Rex like Inti Alam, Iqbal Qasim or some other TTF.

So let's give Inzamam/Arthur combination time. Inzy's now had a proper domestic season to assess the talent pool. They haven't even had a year in the job and already some want them sacked.
    But at the same time conditions are better now then Imran/Javed had to deal with plus the current team is arguably one of the weakest in AUS history. You're right but we always need to select the best we have available and prepare really well, for England the intensity, energy levels etc were amazing! we went through the army training camp, arrived early in England and also arranged for more then adequate tour games vs Somerset and Sussex. In comparison, we played some tests in the UAE before playing our first proper FC/Test game vs NZ in NZ and struggled throughout the series there before arriving in AUS to play a warm up game in UAE like conditions at a ground which was not exactly county standard. Selections sure could have been better but more then anything I believe our preparation was not ideal.

I agree, it's mostly fans who have certain favourites and fickle Pakistanis that want Inzi/Arther fired; but I have hope for this combination. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has made some good decisions and some bad ones. After this year will be a fair time to judge him.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done well overall.
    Test matches introduced babar azam and sami and will give them a bit of run.
    One dayers backed sharjeel, babar, imad, hasan ali and nawaz. They have all done well.
    So for a pakistani selector I will give him an A-.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he has done a good job. Test team didn't need any change apart from bowling department. One day team is building quite nicely. Consistent chance should be given to them and be patient with them

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem is that majority of these failed talents are the ones dominating domestics and outshining them when they play with the newbies.

Ofcourse isolated cases are there where deserving may not be selected

but the point is even if they were selected, the team is so far behind that results wont change.

Basically selection isnt the problem and theres no need to hide behind that excuse
    THere is still a case for Saud Abdullah, Usman Salahuddin and Fakhar Zaman who deserve a chance ahead of Hafeez, Shafiq, Azhar etc.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yes, because of course the Chief Selector is the guy who is playing silly shots and bowling filth out there. What an awful thread, lol.

Had the other pacers supported Amir in the last match or if Babar, Akmal and Sharjeel not thrown theit wickets away, we could have beaten the Australians.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So what's the verdict on the WI selection for the LOIs?

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    So what's the verdict on the WI selection for the LOIs?
    Decent overall.

GOOD: Fakhar, Asghar, Shadab, Raees
    BAD: Sohail Khan, Tanvir, and Hafeez.
    Borderline: Azhar Ali

The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Great initiatives taken by Inzamam once again. Bringing back the best domestic performers and introducing more new guys into the side while keeping the TTF's (Butt) and non-performers (Azhar, Akmal) out. Akmal was dropped moreso for his fitness rather than his performances so I hope he is brought back for the series in England.

Hafeez, Tanvir and Kamran are controversial choices but the former was until recently, one of our best LOI players and the latter ahs had a stellar domestic season in all formats. Tanvir is the best T20 bowler in Pakistan, according to @Mamoon, so let's hope this piece-offering halts the apocalyptic "death of Pakistan cricket" talk for a bit.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If Kamran and Hafeez fail in the West Indies and Azhar and Butt are kept out, Pakistan will have a team free of any TTFs which will surely be a revolution on Inzi's part.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Inzi has disappointed. I think he is not working full time as chief selection. Why would he select Mohammed Hafeez over Saad Ali? Why would he select a 35 year old world's worst WK as a backup WK?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Inzi has no faith in domestic batters so is picking TTFs to maintain the medicore standard.

I think he is setting the bar too high, not every youngster can be Babar Azam. Even if a 25 year old can average 33 with 80+ SR, lots of young energy on the field then thats better than 30 somethings who have nothing left in the tank.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Inzis been asleep for the last 14 years and has woken up and still thinks hes in 2003 and continues to pick his mates in the Current ODI/T20s.. sadly he doesnt realize that failures like kamram, hafeez, malik, shehzad etc.. have shown no improvement in the last decade!

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I rate Inzi's performance pretty well.

I think he has done the best he can with what he has at his disposal.

He has brought in players like Fakhar, Asghar, Shadab & Raees - giving youngsters a chance.

He hasn't gone for the knee jerk reaction - which many PPers have - of having a complete overhaul where 14 out of the 15 squad members get dropped when the team is struggling.

He has been very smart with the way he handled dropping/resting Mohammad Amir. He is giving younger pacers a chance to see what they have got, whilst at the same time, not knocking Amirs confidence.

People complaining about selections such as Kami, Malik and Sehzad - well whats the point of having domestic competitions if you aren't gonna select the top performing players and will instead go for players who "look like they have potential". Kami, Babar, Shezad & Malik were the top scoring batsmen during the PSL, so then why not try them out?

The squad has a good mix of young promising players and older players. Ideally we would have 1 or 2 more "hard hitting" batsmen - but the fact that we don't have many of them going about at the moment isn't Inzi's fault. And what is definetly not Inzi's fault is that the one decent hard hitting batsmen we had went and got caught up in corruption and what not.

I think Inzi has done the best he can with what he has.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post

He has brought in players like Fakhar, Asghar, Shadab & Raees - giving youngsters a chance.

He hasn't gone for the knee jerk reaction - which many PPers have - of having a complete overhaul where 14 out of the 15 squad members get dropped when the team is struggling.

He has been very smart with the way he handled dropping/resting Mohammad Amir. He is giving younger pacers a chance to see what they have got, whilst at the same time, not knocking Amirs confidence.

People complaining about selections such as Kami, Malik and Sehzad - well whats the point of having domestic competitions if you aren't gonna select the top performing players and will instead go for players who "look like they have potential". Kami, Babar, Shezad & Malik were the top scoring batsmen during the PSL, so then why not try them out?

The squad has a good mix of young promising players and older players. Ideally we would have 1 or 2 more "hard hitting" batsmen - but the fact that we don't have many of them going about at the moment isn't Inzi's fault. And what is definetly not Inzi's fault is that the one decent hard hitting batsmen we had went and got caught up in corruption and what not.

Cannot agree with you more .the squad is fine with all have replacement in the team so

if kamran or shehzad fail we have fakhar zaman

if Hafeez fails we have Shadab khan

if wahab fails we have usman khan or rumman raees in the squad

also we have front line spinner Asghar in odis which we dearly needed from some time

we also have fast bowling allrounder fahim ashraf which is great

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post

Top post. He's been the best chief selector we've had in decades. Bash on him picking Kamran, Shehzad and Hafeez all you like, but like you said, they've been the best batsmen at the domestic level or have enough of a good reputation to be given another go.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Top post. He's been the best chief selector we've had in decades. Bash on him picking Kamran, Shehzad and Hafeez all you like, but like you said, they've been the best batsmen at the domestic level or have enough of a good reputation to be given another go.
    When was Hafeez on of the best bats in domestic cricket? He was a failure in the last odi tournamt and he had an awful PSL except for 1-2 games.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirforpresident View Post
    When was Hafeez on of the best bats in domestic cricket? He was a failure in the last odi tournamt and he had an awful PSL except for 1-2 games.
    That was more for Kamran and Shehzad. Hafeez however, was one of our best LOI players before his ban and needs to be given some solid chances to prove himself again.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why isn't he looking ahead to the 2019 WC? Or does he actually believe players like Hafeez and Kakmal will play a part in the WC?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Why isn't he looking ahead to the 2019 WC? Or does he actually believe players like Hafeez and Kakmal will play a part in the WC?
    Isn't the CT coming up in a couple of months?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Its like he has not future vision. Now he is thinking about selecting 35 years old Kamran Akmal for test squad We were all thinking about which young batsmen will be future repalcement of Misbah and YK and here Inzi has totally absurd ideas

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is always something coming up in a couple of months, that means keep selecting 35/36 year olds for their "experience"?

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes it is; But I fail to see how the experienced Hafeez(averaged 12.66 at 62.29 in CT 2013) and spin basher Malik(averaged 8.33 at 47.16) will do better this year than they did last time. Having both grown 4 years older since then.

Don't bring the all-rounder argument into this. Malik got smashed to all parts in 444 match while Hafeez isn't the same with new action.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB will always mess up, never thought much of Inzi being the selector.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Yes it is; But I fail to see how the experienced Hafeez(averaged 12.66 at 62.29 in CT 2013) and spin basher Malik(averaged 8.33 at 47.16) will do better this year than they did last time. Having both grown 4 years older since then.

Don't bring the all-rounder argument into this. Malik got smashed to all parts in 444 match while Hafeez isn't the same with new action.
    Junaid averaged 100+ in the 2013 edition, doesn't mean history will repeat itself. Kamran and Shehzad deserve their comebacks and Hafeez can be a very useful player if he can go back to his 2012-13 form. I remember there were jokers here comparing Hafeez to Saeed Anwar.

I don't want Malik or the two aforementioned players in the team but I can see why they were selected. Instead of crying over something that cannot be undone, let's look at the positives and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    There is always something coming up in a couple of months, that means keep selecting 35/36 year olds for their "experience"?
    There is no important ODI tournament after the CT which will be a good time to inject youth into the team. Not that there isn't enough of that in the team as is.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th March 2017 at 19:25.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Strikes again.

Heard Sami is dropped.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing Inzi had going for him was the idea of being consistent in selection but even that he has failed by dropping Sami. Just seems like any other selector, getting TTFs back at any given opportunity. How disappointing.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I dont know what possessed inzi to select this squad...honestly, I dont.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Poor captain.

Poor selector.

No vision.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Poor captain.

Poor selector.

No vision.
    how do you rate his odi selection?? for me 5 out of 10..the worst ever i have seen,...

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    how do you rate his odi selection?? for me 5 out of 10..the worst ever i have seen,...
    His ODI selection was pretty good. Just missed out Sohail Khan, but has picked a few youngsters in bowling line up anyways so not too bad a miss

Dropping Sami Aslam for a player like Shan Masood has to be his worst decision to date

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he didnt select Hafeez for Aus ODIs intially.. then he was called in upon the request of team mgmt and was given the no.3 spot straight away and then to captain the team in absence of AA and SA, now again no.3 ... not sure who is backing hafeez, AA and SA (captains) or MICKEY or GF or MALIK or SETHI or INZI himself..

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Can you list the squad please?

I don't know about the new names and the domestic stats.

Atleast Shadab was picked which is a good sign.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you list the squad please?

I don't know about the new names and the domestic stats.

Atleast Shadab was picked which is a good sign.
    hafeez with zero domestic and psl performance...kamran akmal with 36 age official though had brilliant domestic season but his fitness is questionable....shahzad understanble....fakhar zaman good domestic performncae with 27 age....asif zakir poor one day tournament with 34 age,in order to save hafeez space in the team..malik good but he and hafeez in the same team??? imad ... ashghar dood addition to the squad....shadab u know...fahim ashraf with a batting ability but can bowl upto 133 kph ....hassan ali .MUHAMMAD AMIR>... WAHAB he is rubbish and just playing on one spell....junaid mediocre as usual post injury....now this team has so similar players 1 malik2 hafeez 3 shahzad4 sarfaraz 5 asif zakir 6 fakhar zaman......the accumulator eleven with half unfit players.....shdab and asghar are the only positives..

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoOne View Post
    His ODI selection was pretty good. Just missed out Sohail Khan, but has picked a few youngsters in bowling line up anyways so not too bad a miss

Dropping Sami Aslam for a player like Shan Masood has to be his worst decision to date
    if he comes to the media and justify hafeez inclusion then i will accept....what does he bring at this age???wahab???? kami??no hard hitter and asif zakir is a test player.his recent list A record is poor...only in pakistan player at 37 come back and at 334 making debut...

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    hafeez with zero domestic and psl performance...kamran akmal with 36 age official though had brilliant domestic season but his fitness is questionable....shahzad understanble....fakhar zaman good domestic performncae with 27 age....asif zakir poor one day tournament with 34 age,in order to save hafeez space in the team..malik good but he and hafeez in the same team??? imad ... ashghar dood addition to the squad....shadab u know...fahim ashraf with a batting ability but can bowl upto 133 kph ....hassan ali .MUHAMMAD AMIR>... WAHAB he is rubbish and just playing on one spell....junaid mediocre as usual post injury....now this team has so similar players 1 malik2 hafeez 3 shahzad4 sarfaraz 5 asif zakir 6 fakhar zaman......the accumulator eleven with half unfit players.....shdab and asghar are the only positives..
    Kamran was picked on psl. His domestic performance in the odi tournaments was average

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    From the surface, one can say Inzi picked what he has at his disposal but if we dig in and see the squad, we can say there is no vision.

Even if that batting lineup scores, it ain't the future.

Kamran deserved his chance cos he has been outperforming everyone in the domestic by a mile and Pakistan don't really have too many options in this reg (if there were many options, I wouldn't select Kamran). Not sure about his fitness.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Kamran was picked on psl. His domestic performance in the odi tournaments was average
    so he only deserves t20 call...his fitness level doesnt belong to odi and his age..any selector with some vision will not select a player of 36 age in this era...lets see what comes next but yesterday we lost because of slow batting from hafeez and and captaincy...

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the surface, one can say Inzi picked what he has at his disposal but if we dig in and see the squad, we can say there is no vision.

Kamran deserved his chance cos he has been outperforming everyone in the domestic by a mile and Pakistan don't really have too many options in this reg (if there were many options, I wouldn't select Kamran). Not sure about his fitness.
    in moedrn era u go for varities in the bowling batting line up...and go for younhsters with supreme fitness and hardly a player over 30 makes debut these days,,malik and hafeez the samae off spin aith same batting so what are we getting??/ instead of asif zakir he should have selected a youngster like saad ali or talat hussain?//these are the rwo blunders he did which are unforgiveable......last night i was watching ipl for a minute or two and gautham was batting so welll that i thought what would have he done if dropped from pak side...hafeez the national treasure is here to stay forever but inzi showed zero spine..

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The bit about kamran is not true. He was outperformed by quite a few in domestic. He is picked because of psl

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    The bit about kamran is not true. He was outperformed by quite a few in domestic. He is picked because of psl
    Are you sure?

From the stats some posted way back, he was the leading the charts easily.

Anyways.....

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure?

Anyways.....
    he was best in 4 days game but average in list A tournament...

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    he was best in 4 days game but average in list A tournament...
    Ok then.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Are you sure?

Anyways.....
    top 10 definitely (number 5), averaging 45.12 @ SR 75.36. played at number for most the tournament. So, not exactly awful. A few guys ahead of him in that top 10 on strike rate.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    top 10 definitely (number 5), averaging 45.12 @ SR 75.36. played at number for most the tournament. So, not exactly awful. A few guys ahead of him in that top 10 on strike rate.
    Those are not great stats at all.

75 SR is pathetic.

You are right. He was selected for PSL.

I confused first class with List a.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzi is in selection what Imran Khan is in Politics.

All show no go, Merely talk and hype only.

He has filled out squad with oldies.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Inzamam does not have brain to fill squad will proper players on proper position. He only select same type of players for every position with no hitter. All accumulators. Need to get rid of him as soon as possible.
    Inzamam ends up the worst selector in our history.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Inzamam does not have brain to fill squad will proper players on proper position. He only select same type of players for every position with no hitter. All accumulators. Need to get rid of him as soon as possible.
    Inzamam ends up the worst selector in our history.
    It makes my heart sink to think that this is pretty much the same team inzi would select if he were captain. All that's missing is Mohammad Sami. The same mediocre faces for the best part of a decade and a half

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    A revolutionary squad by the revolutionary selector. Those who followed Pakistan cricket in his captaincy should recall what a visionary captain he was, and how many young players were given debuts. He has some staunch supporters on this forum who are infatuated with him due to non-cricketing reasons. The rest of us though, have been left scratching our heads. Perhaps, this is what we should have expected when the most lazy and unimaginative cricketer in Pakistan history got the job.

What a shame.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol I said this as a joke because of all his fans glorifying him but he's truly deserving of this name. This guy is terrible.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awww, Inzamam did not select the crook, Sharjeel, or the unfit Haris.

Seriously though, we're not so as to start selecting shady characters in our team and while I would have loved to see Haris there, he has just made a comeback and needs more time before he makes the jump to the international level. As of now, this is a pretty good squad.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm done with him.

Should had his resignation in if/when Pakistan are eliminated in the group stages of the champions trophy.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I've been willing to give Inzamam a long rope however I must concede this incompetent handling of the Umar Akmal affair has been shocking @Syed1.

How can a player deemed unfit for the WI tour, but fit by the NCA for the Pakistan Cup where he is rewarded for his unprofessionalism with the captaincy of Punjab, fit for the CT squad only to be found unfit again in England ?

There must be an inquiry into this and Inzamam has to take responsibility as he oversees the selection process.

However we have to be careful what we wish for. Don't think PCB would make a progressive move appointing a Bazid Khan or Mohammad Wasim. They'll resurrect another fossil from the Bronze Age like Iqbal Qasim (who has even bigger fetish for TTFs), Wasim Bari or Haroon Rasheed to make a comeback for umpteenth time, drama baaz Mohsin or Abdul Qadir, or Intikhab Alam.

Have zero confidence in the PCB recruitment process - they've been through 11 Chief Selectors in 7 years.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awful selector who pretty much seems to think we are in the early 2000s! doesnt seem to be able to grasp the concepts or needs of the team or game in current era in any format!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should be sacked. But I think we are stuck with his dishonest policies for a while. Has made some good decisions but his bad ones have been sackable offences.

The CT squad selection was the final straw for me. Can't back him after that.