Instagram


Pakistan v South Africa June 07

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 481 to 555 of 555
  1. #481
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,601
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Btw to everyone on here, I'm not taking anything away from this win. I just don't think this win really proves that we are a quality side. The NZ ODI side bowled much better when they came here.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  2. #482
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    760
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    I wonder whether India would have been able to defend a 350 here?
    Certainly. Can't remember the last time India lost a game after scoring 320+.

  3. #483
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    976
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Starc/Hazlewood/Pattinson played in the ODI series last time?
    Starc is not that threatening always.Hazelwood may or may not do well. Faulkner would be fried by kohli, dhoni, dhawan and maybe even kedar.Pattinson is always expensive and on flat tracks he won't take many as well

  4. #484
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    672
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadhav 120 came at a SR of almost 160. incredible. deserving MOM.

  5. #485
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    7,647
    Mentioned
    1666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Great win despite awful bowling. Hats off to Jadhav and Kohli.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  6. #486
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,150
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morgan hailing India's bowling performance as the main difference

  7. #487
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankit007 View Post
    Oh you woke up... Lol... Yes we won... Congrats buddy
    I was watching the match on TV with my dad and brother in law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Could we play Kuldeep and Ash in the same XI?

    Or too much similarity - as in both bring the ball in to the right handers.
    They both can be played imho.

    As of now, not much chance cos Jaddu is more solid and it has to be either Ash or Kuldeep.

    But in full flow, Ashwin will be a gun and I suppose Kuldeep too (if he is as good as his hype) so pressure will be on Jaddu.

    In a way, Kuldeep's rise will create a healthy rivalry where all 3 spinners will get better.

    Kinda like how Jayant's arrival made Jaddu get very very serious with the bat. There was a time when Ashwin was demoted behind Mishra and he immediately scored. Haha.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 15th January 2017 at 15:21.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  8. #488
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good win but all the known issues at play again.

    What needs to happen before the CT is

    Dhawan --> Rohit
    Yuvraj --> Manish Pandey (even Raina)
    Dhoni --> Rishabh
    Umesh --> Shami

    Maybe even Ashwin for Kuldeep?

  9. #489
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    14,350
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Great, great chase. This guy Kedar is a freak - was hiding till in to his 30s, but he is a frightening prospect in Indian grounds.

    More or less I am convinced that Azhar's Captaincy made England look like nextGen ODI team, but they are minnow basher - hammers weaker teams or when on top, but can't compete with big boys or when chips are down. We could have chased that target at Mirpur, but for a royal choke against among all Rashid & Ball

    I'll wait to count how many they win in next Ashes - 5 Tests, 7 ODI & couple of T20 I guess. So, the bottom is 14-0 .......

  10. #490
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    2,662
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats India and all Indian fans.


    Hala Madrid y nada más

  11. #491
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joly View Post
    Morgan hailing India's bowling performance as the main difference
    Wow...that guy is really clueless. Haha.

    We bowled crap.

    It was some incredible batting (along with English crap bowling) that won us this game.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  12. #492
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    672
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joly View Post
    Morgan hailing India's bowling performance as the main difference
    lol ours sucked less i guess.

  13. #493
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Great, great chase. This guy Kedar is a freak - was hiding till in to his 30s, but he is a frightening prospect in Indian grounds.

    More or less I am convinced that Azhar's Captaincy made England look like nextGen ODI team, but they are minnow basher - hammers weaker teams or when on top, but can't compete with big boys or when chips are down. We could have chased that target at Mirpur, but for a royal choke against among all Rashid & Ball

    I'll wait to count how many they win in next Ashes - 5 Tests, 7 ODI & couple of T20 I guess. So, the bottom is 14-0 .......
    They are a gun team. Atleast batting wise.

    Only problem is their bowling is garbage which many people felt.

    Once they sort their bowling, they will be a true force.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  14. #494
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlickedOffHips View Post
    lol ours sucked less i guess.
    Maybe a trifle less thanks to Jaddu and Pandya.

    Its just that Kohli and Jadhav played jaw dropping knocks.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  15. #495
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,099
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is an absolute delight to see how the Indians love to chase .... no matter how tall a target !!!! Do any of you think we could have chased 350 ??? May be .... but most probably not. At 64 for 4 ( I think ), England thought they the match in the bag .... well,not quite. England did give away too many singles and their spinners were just providing batting practice. One of the big advantages of chasing is, you know the target and you know what the track is doing. May be that is why the Indians love to chase !!!

  16. #496
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankit007 View Post
    Oh you woke up... Lol... Yes we won... Congrats buddy
    Congrats to you too.

    Great times indeed.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  17. #497
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kedar seems like a very nice humble guy.

  18. #498
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    2,166
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Congrats India and all Indian fans.
    Shukriya, and same to u for the feat earlier in the day

  19. #499
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    15,022
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lovely crowd surely,so many senior citizens in the stadium,remarkable. Pune is defn the best upcoming Indian city by a distance!


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  20. #500
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Kohli is one guy but when you let a random guy(Jadhav) cart you around merrily your bowling is pretty useless. Especially when you consider that England are considered to produce good bowlers.
    He is no random guy. He is averaging over 50 with a strike rate of over 110. He is playing on his home ground. Even some ordinary players can become world beaters on their home ground. While he may not be extraordinary he can be a damaging player. You have to factor in ground, pitch, conditions. Under lights ball will come on nicely. They did dismiss Dhoni, Yuvraj, Dhawan, Rahul . May be some other team would have struggled to remove them. We cannot compare one to one. All teams get brutalized these days while defending totals at some point.

  21. #501
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    NY
    Runs
    2,029
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Morgan is clueless captain

  22. #502
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,601
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Wow...that guy is really clueless. Haha.

    We bowled crap.

    It was some incredible batting (along with English crap bowling) that won us this game.
    Yeah he's talking about how they would've liked to score more if Buttler didn't get out when in reality it was some really mediocre bowling that cost them the match. No clue whatsoever. So much for the transformation in English ODI cricket


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  23. #503
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kedar has a list A average of 50 after 92 matches and a S/R of 106.

    It is silly to call him a random guy. His spot in this Indian xi is very well earned.

    Just because a player made his debut at a late age doesn't make him random.
    Last edited by Sin Nombre; 15th January 2017 at 15:31.

  24. #504
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    15,022
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol Kedhar sounds so funny,lovely guy and he is admitting he has to improve his running! best of luck lad!!!


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  25. #505
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Pune is defn the best Indian city by a distance!
    Fixed.

  26. #506
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Kedar has a list A average of 50 after 92 matches and a S/R of 106.

    It is silly to call him a random guy. His spot in this Indian xi is very well earned.

    Just because a player mad his debut at a late age doesn't make him random.
    Good post. Yes, he has earned his spot by consistently scoring at high average and SR in domestic cricket.

  27. #507
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,601
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Kedar has a list A average of 50 after 92 matches and a S/R of 106.

    It is silly to call him a random guy. His spot in this Indian xi is very well earned.

    Just because a player mad his debut at a late age doesn't make him random.
    Well 31 year old guys are setting up 350 run chases despite having played limited international cricket by toying with English bowlers! That's a pretty damning indictment of their bowling i think.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  28. #508
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Rama, Astore, Pakistan
    Runs
    2,604
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayuu View Post
    I think, you will see, pant, kishan,Sarfaraz, Hooda, suryakumar, nair,iyer, pretty soon in the ODI setup that will certainly improve our odi team,need to give chances to kuldeep and gopal too.
    Well, I hope that works out but to be honest, KL Rahul, Dhawan, Manish, all these blokes showed a lot of promise early on and even in the IPL's but just seem to fade away after a little bit of time.

  29. #509
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,323
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Well, I hope that works out but to be honest, KL Rahul, Dhawan, Manish, all these blokes showed a lot of promise early on and even in the IPL's but just seem to fade away after a little bit of time.
    KL's not going anywhere.

  30. #510
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,136
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped watching after yuvi got out .i glanced at the score after 1 and half hour thinking that the match is done but to my surprise kohli is on 117 and jadav was on 96. i stopping watching after that thinking that i may jinks them from winning.just opened cricinfo to find out what happened and pretty surprised that india won

    Yeah we won

  31. #511
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Well, I hope that works out but to be honest, KL Rahul, Dhawan, Manish, all these blokes showed a lot of promise early on and even in the IPL's but just seem to fade away after a little bit of time.
    Rahul scored 199 in his last innings before today. In what world has he faded away? He was one of the few players who actually lost his wicket on a good ball today.

    Manish had a disappointing series against NZ, sure.

    And Dhawan is a hack and can't be compared to technically good players like the other two.

  32. #512
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,427
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Rahul scored 199 in his last innings before today. In what world has he faded away? He was one of the few players who actually lost his wicket on a good ball today.

    Manish had a disappointing series against NZ, sure.

    And Dhawan is a hack and can't be compared to technically good players like the other two.
    And Rahul's previous LOI innings before this was a 100 in a T20.

    As for Mainsh, he failed in 1 series. But still deserves more chances.

  33. #513
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Yeah he's talking about how they would've liked to score more if Buttler didn't get out when in reality it was some really mediocre bowling that cost them the match. No clue whatsoever. So much for the transformation in English ODI cricket
    Its a transformation.

    Just not in bowling.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  34. #514
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    14,350
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    They are a gun team. Atleast batting wise.

    Only problem is their bowling is garbage which many people felt.

    Once they sort their bowling, they will be a true force.
    They won't be able to sort that unless they pick 4 bowlers on bowling merit. Take out Moeen, Adil & Woakes - then their batting doesn't remain gun anymore; because their middle order is missing one KP.

    May be, if they sack Morgan & bring Johny at 4, it'll improve, but that batting depth formula has to change.

  35. #515
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,136
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin is a disaster in odi and t 20 recently.he is not flighting even one ball and commies are saying after he bowled 4 overs he hasnt bowled a single conventional offspinner upto that point.bowls negatively and too mamy garbage variationd

  36. #516
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    15,022
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Well, I hope that works out but to be honest, KL Rahul, Dhawan, Manish, all these blokes showed a lot of promise early on and even in the IPL's but just seem to fade away after a little bit of time.
    Manish Pandey? Dude he is sitting out because Kohli decided to play his favs ,he won us a chasing game in Aus.Also Dhawan won us a Champ Trophy in England and awesome performance in final of Asia cup,not sure that is fading out but yeah he is bad now.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  37. #517
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    976
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most 100s in successful ODI chases:
    15 V Kohli (59 innings)
    14 S Tendulkar (124 innings)
    09 S Anwar (59 innings)/ S Jayasuriya (103 innings)/ T Dilshan (60 innings)

    Sachin is still second on list. Not a match winner right?

  38. #518
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    15,022
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    Fixed.
    Naw its still getting there will be there in 4-5 years time,they have laid the right foundations

    -Education
    -Liberal society
    -Good Housing facility
    -IT jobs creation


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  39. #519
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    976
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Manish Pandey? Dude he is sitting out because Kohli decided to play his favs ,he won us a chasing game in Aus.Also Dhawan won us a Champ Trophy in England and awesome performance in final of Asia cup,not sure that is fading out but yeah he is bad now.
    I think kohli want a big hitting batsman in middle order which pandey isn't. Pandey is in mould of kohli.

  40. #520
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,747
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Its a transformation.

    Just not in bowling.
    Where are guys like Broad,Jordan etc


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  41. #521
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Where are guys like Broad,Jordan etc
    They are not good.

    Need to find better bowlers in ODis.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  42. #522
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    1,540
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Well, I hope that works out but to be honest, KL Rahul, Dhawan, Manish, all these blokes showed a lot of promise early on and even in the IPL's but just seem to fade away after a little bit of time.
    Dhawan was the mos in champions trophy, kl rahul and Pandey are promising talents.

  43. #523
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Well 31 year old guys are setting up 350 run chases despite having played limited international cricket by toying with English bowlers! That's a pretty damning indictment of their bowling i think.
    Dhawan/Dhoni/Yuvrraj/Rahul not toying with them. what does that make of them? Average players? That is how ODI crickt goes these days. Remember how Australia struggled to get Manish Pandey out in Australia.

  44. #524
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    15,022
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    I think kohli want a big hitting batsman in middle order which pandey isn't. Pandey is in mould of kohli.
    Yeah should be made to open along with Rohit,Pant should come in 2 down (Yuvi chucked out).


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  45. #525
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,136
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please get this guy umesh yadav away from our team.he is a spraygun and even in his best days he goes over 6 rpo.

  46. #526
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,136
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhoni is in his last legs i think

  47. #527
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Rama, Astore, Pakistan
    Runs
    2,604
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Manish Pandey? Dude he is sitting out because Kohli decided to play his favs ,he won us a chasing game in Aus.Also Dhawan won us a Champ Trophy in England and awesome performance in final of Asia cup,not sure that is fading out but yeah he is bad now.
    Bro, he's not doing good in his backyard. What sort of a performance would you expect from him overseas on the basis of current form?

  48. #528
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen to that. This guy is a genuine match loser. It will hurt his Test career as well. He either should learn to adapt or pave way for others.

  49. #529
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Rama, Astore, Pakistan
    Runs
    2,604
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Rahul scored 199 in his last innings before today. In what world has he faded away? He was one of the few players who actually lost his wicket on a good ball today.

    Manish had a disappointing series against NZ, sure.

    And Dhawan is a hack and can't be compared to technically good players like the other two.
    Manish looked to be very promising in Australia but hasn't exactly done a lot ever since. As for Rahul, we will see how good he is in rest of the games. Anyway, as I initially stated, this team is all Kohli or nothing. Even the performance of other players are majorly because of Kohli's positive approach.

  50. #530
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    12,532
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Manish looked to be very promising in Australia but hasn't exactly done a lot ever since. As for Rahul, we will see how good he is in rest of the games. Anyway, as I initially stated, this team is all Kohli or nothing. Even the performance of other players are majorly because of Kohli's positive approach.
    Good win for India, but personally I like low scoring games.

  51. #531
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can I find the archived live match thread? It will be fun to read through the comments

  52. #532
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    12,931
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Saw part of the match. Kohli kept getting mad at Kedhar for turning down unrealistic calls. India won because of Kedhar today. That being said RIP bowlers on this pitch.

  53. #533
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Denmark
    Runs
    8,330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Well played by Kholi and kedhar. M But alot of free singles was given by Morgan. This was a mental Chase could NOT believe What i was seeing

  54. #534
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    5,267
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Certainly. Can't remember the last time India lost a game after scoring 320+.
    It has only happened twice and on both occasions - the opponent was Pakistan.

    1) The first time was the 1st ODI in the 2006 series at Peshawar where India amassed 328 but lost to Pakistan on D/L method. Technically, we didn't chase 328 and only had made 309/7 before bad light stopped play but we still won the match.

    2) the second and last time it has happened was the 2nd ODI in the 2007 series at Mohali. India amassed 321 with Sachin making 99 but Pakistan chased it down thanks to a century by YK and a good knock by Misbah. At the time - it was the highest successful chase by Pakistan in ODI's.

  55. #535
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    15,022
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Bro, he's not doing good in his backyard. What sort of a performance would you expect from him overseas on the basis of current form?
    He didn't even play today.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  56. #536
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    24,850
    Mentioned
    2507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Don't think there's a better ODI chasing team atm than India. Kohli is just unreal no total is safe as long as he's there.

  57. #537
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    20,920
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    saw the highlights...ive got to say without Kohli the team would have had too much to do..But some of the shots he was hitting..did anyone see the flick six that was all wrist work?? how the hell do you hit that?? way better to watch than Sachin and this is from a Sachin admirer)

    I have to say this though, the pitch was a as flat as they come and that outfield was lighting quick..the ground was also a bit weird..I think the long on boundaries were smaller than the square leg and the offside??

    overall though, I listened to the match on radio five live sports extra and Simon Hughes(the most annoying partisan England commentator ever) I mean this fellow even managed a dig at Pakistan in this match!! unbelievable..it was so good to hear him whine when kohli was smashing them lol..

    otherwise I was still on England side lol..
    Last edited by jeetu; 16th January 2017 at 10:27.

  58. #538
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    672
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    saw the highlights...ive got to say without Kohli the team would have had too much to do..But some of the shots he was hitting..did anyone see the flick six that was all wrist work?? how the hell do you hit that?? way better to watch than Sachin and this is from a Sachin admirer)

    I have to say this though, the pitch was a as flat as they come and that outfield was lighting quick..the ground was also a bit weird..I think the long on boundaries were smaller than the square leg and the offside??

    overall though, I listened to the match on radio five live sports extra and Simon Hughes(the most annoying partisan England commentator ever) I mean this fellow even managed a dig at Pakistan in this match!! unbelievable..it was so good to hear him whine when kohli was smashing them lol..

    otherwise I was still on England side lol..
    He's a one man run machine and keeps us in games we should lose. He's taken his Limited Overs batting beyond Sachin's level and we are incredibly lucky to have him in our team.

  59. #539
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    976
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once pant is brought into our team it would be full of match winner.Need to get rid of dhawan,rohit,yuvraj,dhoni and umesh spray gun yadav and Ishant and mohit sharma and vinay and jaydev unadkat and dhawal kulkarni once for all never to be selected again

  60. #540
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    672
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by transitional View Post
    Where can I find the archived live match thread? It will be fun to read through the comments
    It's this same thread. Just the title has been amended. Go to page 1.

  61. #541
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    672
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Once pant is brought into our team it would be full of match winner.Need to get rid of dhawan,rohit,yuvraj,dhoni and umesh spray gun yadav and Ishant and mohit sharma and vinay and jaydev unadkat and dhawal kulkarni once for all never to be selected again
    if you get rid of all these players...we'll have no one to select...

  62. #542
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    1,540
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlickedOffHips View Post
    if you get rid of all these players...we'll have no one to select...
    Dhawan --->rahul
    Yuvraj --->Pandey
    Dhoni---->sarfaraz
    Rohit----->pant
    Deepak Hooda
    Suryakumar
    Yadav --->nathu singh
    Ishant--->Avesh khan
    Mohit sharma --->chama milind
    Ashwin --->kuldeep
    Mishra --->gopal
    Unadkat--->md Siraz
    Kulkarni --->ankit rajpoot

  63. #543
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    672
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayuu View Post
    Dhawan --->rahul
    Yuvraj --->Pandey
    Dhoni---->sarfaraz
    Rohit----->pant
    Deepak Hooda
    Suryakumar
    Yadav --->nathu singh
    Ishant--->Avesh khan
    Mohit sharma --->chama milind
    Ashwin --->kuldeep
    Mishra --->gopal
    Unadkat--->md Siraz
    Kulkarni --->ankit rajpoot
    damn that's a poor team. most of those guys won't make india A let alone replace proven ODI ers.

  64. #544
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,323
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayuu View Post
    Dhawan --->rahul
    Yuvraj --->Pandey
    Dhoni---->sarfaraz
    Rohit----->pant
    Deepak Hooda
    Suryakumar
    Yadav --->nathu singh
    Ishant--->Avesh khan
    Mohit sharma --->chama milind
    Ashwin --->kuldeep
    Mishra --->gopal
    Unadkat--->md Siraz
    Kulkarni --->ankit rajpoot
    Sarfaraz, Nathu, Avesh, Milind, Gopal, Siraz, Ankit aren't ready yet

    Suryakumar is inconsistent.

  65. #545
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    672
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Sarfaraz, Nathu, Avesh, Milind, Gopal, Siraz, Ankit aren't ready yet

    Suryakumar is inconsistent.
    I think genuine questions need to be asked about Dhawan. He is great when he gets going but his form is always an issue. I read somewhere that he has the highest failure rate of any Indian batsman. It's either feast or famine with him. Probably worth persisting with because he's a big tournament player. Otherwise Rahane/Pant are decent options.

    Rahane's days in the middle order are over, I believe. Gets bogged down. His place is only open as an opener now.

    Yuvi and Dhoni's impact will be interesting to see as the series continues. I think/hope they will hit form but it could be a concern. Dhoni's keeping is good enough that I would be happy to carry him for the rest of his career even if he fails with the bat.

    If Yuvi fails, it would be tempting to replace him with Pandey.

  66. #546
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    325
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Good win but all the known issues at play again.

    What needs to happen before the CT is

    Dhawan --> Rohit
    Yuvraj --> Manish Pandey (even Raina)
    Dhoni --> Rishabh
    Umesh --> Shami

    Maybe even Ashwin for Kuldeep?
    there is no reason quite yet for replacing yuvraj.

    replacing the old for the new is usually a good practice but not when the old is still quite good.

  67. #547
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captain.hansolo View Post
    there is no reason quite yet for replacing yuvraj.

    replacing the old for the new is usually a good practice but not when the old is still quite good.
    Yuvi is quite good????

    There is ZERO argument to keep him.

  68. #548
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    68,312
    Mentioned
    3524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    It has only happened twice and on both occasions - the opponent was Pakistan.

    1) The first time was the 1st ODI in the 2006 series at Peshawar where India amassed 328 but lost to Pakistan on D/L method. Technically, we didn't chase 328 and only had made 309/7 before bad light stopped play but we still won the match.

    2) the second and last time it has happened was the 2nd ODI in the 2007 series at Mohali. India amassed 321 with Sachin making 99 but Pakistan chased it down thanks to a century by YK and a good knock by Misbah. At the time - it was the highest successful chase by Pakistan in ODI's.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/416240.html

    You forgot this. The finest innings in a losing cause that I've seen in ODIs.

  69. #549
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    672
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Yuvi is quite good????

    There is ZERO argument to keep him.
    THAT pull shot though... rolled back the years. Also, looked decent until he got out. We'll have a better idea of his ability over the series.

  70. #550
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/416240.html

    You forgot this. The finest innings in a losing cause that I've seen in ODIs.
    There are more.

    Epic collapse from 277/2 needing 74 runs in 73 balls on a flat pitch.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/895813.html

  71. #551
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlickedOffHips View Post
    THAT pull shot though... rolled back the years. Also, looked decent until he got out. We'll have a better idea of his ability over the series.
    Have you forgotten his previous comebacks? Cost us at least one T20 WC.

    He was brought back based off his domestic form but we only have trundlers there and it is pretty clear that the comeback Yuvi has an issue against pace.


    Yuvi is an Indian and Asian ATG in LOI cricket but we have enough young kids who deserve that opportunity now.

  72. #552
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    672
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Have you forgotten his previous comebacks? Cost us at least one T20 WC.

    He was brought back based off his domestic form but we only have trundlers there and it is pretty clear that the comeback Yuvi has an issue against pace.

    Yuvi is an Indian and Asian ATG in LOI cricket but we have enough young kids who deserve that opportunity now.
    I remember that. He had an off day. Tbf, he also took us to the 2007 WC final and the 2011 WC Final.

    He didn't look uncomfortable against the pace against ENG, actually seemed to take a fancy to it. Pitches in ENG are not that quick and bouncy so that weakness might not be exposed anyway. I'm gonna see how he performs in the next two games before I cast my judgement.

  73. #553
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlickedOffHips View Post
    I remember that. He had an off day. Tbf, he also took us to the 2007 WC final and the 2011 WC Final.

    He didn't look uncomfortable against the pace against ENG, actually seemed to take a fancy to it. Pitches in ENG are not that quick and bouncy so that weakness might not be exposed anyway. I'm gonna see how he performs in the next two games before I cast my judgement.
    As I said, Yuvi is a LOI great. 2011 is already 5 years and cancer back.

    Some of Yuvi's knocks from way back are amongst my favourites of all time. That 84 against Australia in the CT 2000, Natwest final in 2001. He was such a key part of the young guns that changed Indian LOI cricket completely.

  74. #554
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    5,267
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/416240.html

    You forgot this. The finest innings in a losing cause that I've seen in ODIs.
    Ah yes - I remember that. Cannot believe how India collapsed after Sachin's dismissal as they had the game in the bag.

    But I was referring to games in which India batted first and gave a target to the opposition.

  75. #555
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    5,267
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    There are more.

    Epic collapse from 277/2 needing 74 runs in 73 balls on a flat pitch.

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/895813.html
    Another great effort but I was referring to games in which India batted first and gave a target for the opposition to chase.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •