Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Australian Open 2017 [Roger Federer clinches his 18th Grand Slam title]

Should be an exciting tournament.

Wonder how the returning Federer and Nadal will do, although a Murray v Djokovic final seems very likely.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Federer into the second round

Still watching this old man is literally most beautiful sight in any sport

He served well today but against better returners he may be tetsted more

He has got one of the toughest draw this time from i have heard....need to play berdych/nishikori in R3 i guess

No way surpassing so many quality player at this age that too at hard court but still hoping for some miracle to the magical 18

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Federer should beat Berdych imo

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No upsets yet, although Nishikori, Wawrinka and Cilic had tough matches.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see Nadal off to a confident start.

An interesting, albeit eerie, bit of trivia from the marathon match between Karlovic and Zeballos: The fifth set consisted of exactly as many games (42) as all four of the sets that preceded it (note: Tie-break counted as one game).
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 17th January 2017 at 21:24.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyrgios knocked out by Seppi after winning the first two sets. Can't say I'm surprised given his muddled and unprofessional approach to the game.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another massive upset as Germany's Zverev knocks out Murray in four sets. Federer and Nadal now have a great opportunity to roll back the years.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 22nd January 2017 at 06:34.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The very same clowns who keeps asking for new slam champions and a change at the top of the men's game are happy to roll back to 2006-2009 with Fed and Nadal contesting for the titles.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    The very same clowns who keeps asking for new slam champions and a change at the top of the men's game are happy to roll back to 2006-2009 with Fed and Nadal contesting for the titles.
    That was when tennis was great before boring Djokovic and Murray took over

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Federer is the most inspirational player ever. 35 and still going strong. Please never retire GOATerer.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Federer is the most inspirational player ever. 35 and still going strong. Please never retire GOATerer.
    If playing well into your mid 30s is great then there are plenty of other more inspirational players in the history of this sport.

That's the problem with Federer fans, they apply too much hyperbole to every single statement.

Inspirational to me is what Istomin has done. Coming back from a severe car accident. Inspirational to me is what Monica Seles did, coming back froma stabbing to be competitive in the sport again.

Honestly Federer fans need to appreciate other sportspeople.

Yes going strong into your 30s is awesome. But lets not go overboard like what he's doing has never been done before and won't again.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 22nd January 2017 at 20:57.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    If playing well into your mid 30s is great then there are plenty of other more inspirational players in the history of this sport.

That's the problem with Federer fans, they apply too much hyperbole to every single statement.

Inspirational to me is what Istomin has done. Coming back from a severe car accident. Inspirational to me is what Monica Seles did, coming back froma stabbing to be competitive in the sport again.

Yes going strong into your 30s is awesome. But lets not go overboard like what he's doing has never been done before and won't again.
    Bitter Djokovic fan lol. Looks like Djokovic's decline has hit you hard lol. Perhaps you need a bit of Pepe Imaz in your life too lol.

What Federer is doing in his mid 30s is incredible. In recent times, only Agassi has had this kind of success in his mid 30s and to do it in this physical era is even more incredible. Stop being bitter and appreciate talent. You see with Djokovic's recent decline how hard is it to keep going in your 30s. Irony of a Djokovic fan asking other fanbase to appreciate others when most of them live through Djokovic's success.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 22nd January 2017 at 20:57.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bitter Djokovic fan lol. Looks like Djokovic's decline has hit you hard lol. Perhaps you need a bit of Pepe Imaz in your life too lol.

What Federer is doing in his mid 30s is incredible. In recent times, only Agassi has had this kind of success in his mid 30s and to do it in this physical era is even more incredible. Stop being bitter and appreciate talent. You see with Djokovic's recent decline how hard is it to keep going in your 30s. Irony of a Djokovic fan asking other fanbase to appreciate others when most of them live through Djokovic's success.
    Djokovic lost, big deal. As he said and as Boris Becker said. He lost a tennis match, no one died. No need to get worked up over it. Sure Djokovic isn't the force he was 12 months ago. But unlike you I'm not going to start crying boring and weak era nonsense when he loses and others win.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Djokovic lost, big deal. As he said and as Boris Becker said. He lost a tennis match, no one died. No need to get worked up over it. Sure Djokovic isn't the force he was 12 months ago. But unlike you I'm not going to start crying boring and weak era nonsense when he loses and others win.
    You are the one who started this whole thingy in post 8 when you made a very stupid point. And then you responded to a post of mine where I said that Federer is inspirational. You are getting worked up over the fact that I find Federer inspirational. Why?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

So recovering from knee injury and back issues in taking 6 months off at the age of 35 and coming back and playing at a very high level is not inspirational to you ?

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Anyways, a much changed Australian Open in many a year - no Murray or Djokovic in the last round stages and the pathway is clear for a new champion to be crowned.

I think Wawrinka is favourite since he has the pedigree on the hard courts, he's the most recent champion here and he is also the youngest out of the favourites (Stan, Federer and Nadal) now vying for the title.

Although, hopefully Federer will win.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping to see a Federer v Nadal epic, ideally in the final. A great chance for Wawrinka and Raonic to win a grand slam as well.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 22nd January 2017 at 23:08.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    So recovering from knee injury and back issues in taking 6 months off at the age of 35 and coming back and playing at a very high level is not inspirational to you ?
    It's impressive, but "inspirational"? Is there really a need to exagerate everything Federer does? You guys are as bad as those on Eurosport and BBC and tv studios around the world. Federer wins a routine rally, he's "amazing" and the point was "magnificent". Roberto Bautista Agut wins an amazing rally and shows incredible skill and it's a mere "good point".

Inspirational as I said is what Monica Seles did. Coming back from an injury like Federer has isn't even in the same category as coming back from being stabbed.

I've got nothing against any tennis player, most of them are decent guys/girls. But it's the fans, the overhype that these fans use that makes me resent watching them play.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 23rd January 2017 at 15:27.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Hoping to see a Federer v Nadal epic, ideally in the final. A great chance for Wawrinka and Raonic to win a grand slam as well.
    Well if it's a Nadal vs Federer final, it won't be "epic". Nadal is going to dish out some serious beating. Federer's soft BH will be butchered time and time again. Federer's only chance at winning AO before it started was if someone knocked out Djokovic and Nadal. 1 is out, the other plays in a little while so let's see.

But if I was a gambling man, a Federer v Nadal final, I would put a lot of money on a Nadal win. In fact the bookies would probably have Fed favourite for the tournament up until a final against Nadal at which point those odds would come down big time due to the match up.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if it's a Nadal vs Federer final, it won't be "epic". Nadal is going to dish out some serious beating. Federer's soft BH will be butchered time and time again. Federer's only chance at winning AO before it started was if someone knocked out Djokovic and Nadal. 1 is out, the other plays in a little while so let's see.

But if I was a gambling man, a Federer v Nadal final, I would put a lot of money on a Nadal win. In fact the bookies would probably have Fed favourite for the tournament up until a final against Nadal at which point those odds would come down big time due to the match up.
    Still, I'm sure it would make for great viewing. I don't remember the last time I saw those two going head to head in a big match. Realistically speaking though, I think only one of them might make the final as the likes of Stan and Milos are also playing quite well.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 23rd January 2017 at 15:43.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It's impressive, but "inspirational"? Is there really a need to exagerate everything Federer does? You guys are as bad as those on Eurosport and BBC and tv studios around the world. Federer wins a routine rally, he's "amazing" and the point was "magnificent". Roberto Bautista Agut wins an amazing rally and shows incredible skill and it's a mere "good point".

Inspirational as I said is what Monica Seles did. Coming back from an injury like Federer has isn't even in the same category as coming back from being stabbed.

I've got nothing against any tennis player, most of them are decent guys/girls. But it's the fans, the overhype that these fans use that makes me resent watching them play.
    Seems like you don't understand the definition of inspirational as such : The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative (Oxford dictionary).

Thus most people would relate more to an injury rather than a stabbing.

The fact that you base your opinion on fan boy conjecture suggests that you don't differentiate between objectivity and subjectivity. It is a fact that Federer plays a unique and awesome brand of tennis.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crazy display of confidence showing by 35 years and 6 months old federer considering he was out for 6 month

He was playing like dream in last 2 matches against berdych and nshikori

He was hitting lines as consistently just as any other zoning performance

He has to win tough, tough 3 more best of 5 matches. I think his stakes are not that high. But he is the real GOAT greatest ever....Federer has plenty in the tank at this age,He's a rare breed so anything can happen am badly want him to makes it 18

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please name some players who plays consistent as like him in tennis

Dont simply say '30's he is 35 years and 6 months and don't compare individual game like tennis to some other sport.....here what you doing is literally depends upon you unlike other team games,so the physical fitness and mental toughness is vital and the old man is still competing with the young guns and some of the greatest players the game has ever seen.So what he doing is beyond words and it is inspirational

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard for fed to get pass the semi....stan looks terrific against tsonga his power game is too hard to break

But fed will be their in the semi unless some self choke happens

He always thrives against aggressive players so zverev will be a cakewalk imo

The last time I remember Fed losing an important match to a guy who was more aggressive than himself was Stakhovsky

I don't see that happening here. Fed will serve him into bits and pieces and he is a great returner against big servers and he has those quick reactions and passing shots to answer whatever mischa throws at him

Milos vs Nadal would be fun,it can go either way,have a slight feeling that it may be Milos's turn to take it The biggest key to beating Rafa is cleaning up on the short points, and Milos is better suited to doing it rather than anyone else Though if Nadal is healthy, the longer the match goes, the more I like his chances

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that you base your opinion on fan boy conjecture suggests that you don't differentiate between objectivity and subjectivity. It is a fact that Federer plays a unique and awesome brand of tennis.
    Seems like you further enhance the original statement I made in this thread. Federer fans just love to use hyperbole. Unique brand of tennis? What's unique about it. He is an offensive baseliner who's now coming to the net more often because of his age and because he couldn't trade from the back initially with Nadal and then later Djokovic.

In this day and age you could say his opponent, Zverev is more unique than Federer. A top 50 player who comes in on his 2nd serve.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea Fan View Post
    Hard for fed to get pass the semi....stan looks terrific against tsonga his power game is too hard to break

But fed will be their in the semi unless some self choke happens

He always thrives against aggressive players so zverev will be a cakewalk imo

The last time I remember Fed losing an important match to a guy who was more aggressive than himself was Stakhovsky

I don't see that happening here. Fed will serve him into bits and pieces and he is a great returner against big servers and he has those quick reactions and passing shots to answer whatever mischa throws at him

Milos vs Nadal would be fun,it can go either way,have a slight feeling that it may be Milos's turn to take it The biggest key to beating Rafa is cleaning up on the short points, and Milos is better suited to doing it rather than anyone else Though if Nadal is healthy, the longer the match goes, the more I like his chances
    Wawrinka vs Federer should be a cracker. Think this might be Federer's best opportunity to win an 18th major considering his advanced age (tennis wise).

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Seems like you further enhance the original statement I made in this thread. Federer fans just love to use hyperbole. Unique brand of tennis? What's unique about it. He is an offensive baseliner who's now coming to the net more often because of his age and because he couldn't trade from the back initially with Nadal and then later Djokovic.

In this day and age you could say his opponent, Zverev is more unique than Federer. A top 50 player who comes in on his 2nd serve.
    What is unique about Federer is that he has always had an element of serve and volleying in his play - when he debuted he used to S and V, even later on he tended to use it but not as much as later years. He combines this with the best forehand of all time, a great serve and a great backhand, sure other players try to be offensive but for them it means bashing the ball, for Federer that means using strategy, spin, slice, angles, different pace and wit to beat his opponent, also his ability to hit winners from out of nowhere is unparalleled.

The only player he has struggled with irrespective of age is Nadal; Djokovic only started to regularly beat Federer after he had lost a couple of steps and was no longer able in position to hit his forehand properly.

Nice way I have to say to sidetrack the fact that you get swayed by subjective conjecture.

Should appreciate all tennis players and not try to discredit other players.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Wawrinka vs Federer should be a cracker. Think this might be Federer's best opportunity to win an 18th major considering his advanced age (tennis wise).
    A fit Federer usually reaches the final of Wimbledon, so I think if he has decent form and is healthy, he can have another good run at the AELTC and if Djokovic isn't standing at the other end in the final, I think he can certainly nab one final trophy there.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is unique about Federer is that he has always had an element of serve and volleying in his play - when he debuted he used to S and V, even later on he tended to use it but not as much as later years. He combines this with the best forehand of all time, a great serve and a great backhand, sure other players try to be offensive but for them it means bashing the ball, for Federer that means using strategy, spin, slice, angles, different pace and wit to beat his opponent, also his ability to hit winners from out of nowhere is unparalleled.

The only player he has struggled with irrespective of age is Nadal; Djokovic only started to regularly beat Federer after he had lost a couple of steps and was no longer able in position to hit his forehand properly.

Should appreciate all tennis players and not try to discredit other players.
    More and more hyperbole. I love discussing tennis with Federer fans because of this very fact.

Firstly let me state the following things to clear up any misundersanding. Federer is the greatest of all time. 17 grand slams is not matched at the moment and probably won't be for a long long time. I was a fan of Federer a very very long time ago and enjoyed his tennis as such up until the point when other fans started to discredit Nadal and Djokovic. The attitude towards Djokovic from Federer fans in 2008 is what finally turned me firmly against him.

Now onto the points highlighted in bold. I think it's a tough call between him and Nadal for best FH. But a great BH for Fed? It's his weakest shot and it's the reason why he was butched time and again by his chief rivals. If his BH was even a fraction better he'd be sitting with over 20 slams comfortably.

You say his ability to hit winners is unparalled, what winners? I think the most remarkable winners of all time have come from Nadal's FH (I'm not even a Nadal fan). I also think Djokovic is ahead of Federer in this regard because of those sliding BH cross court shots he hits.

Now onto the main point that makes me laugh when Federer fans make their arguments. Djokovic only started to beat Fed when Fed was old? Djokovic was beating fed as early as 2007 when he was 19. He beat Fed when he was 20 and Fed was 26 in a grans slam. Why is it that Fed fans use age as an excuse now for his defeats but completely overlook age as a factor when Djokovic was a kid and Fed was in his prime? Fed had age on his side to begin with and pulled away but as Djokovic matured and improved he slowly clawed his way back.

Whether Fed wins this slam or not, he will remain the best of all time. But the overhype of everything he does is unneccessary.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst Nadal is still in the draw I would argue it's not.

His best chance to win number 18 in my opinion was 2014 US Open. On SF day Djokovic was beaten by Nishikori and Fed knew that a great roadblock had been taken out of the way. A combination of incredible tennis from Cilic and poor serving from Federer left him shellshocked.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    What a pleasure it is to watch Federer play. Pure unadulterated joy, such grace and elegance. Djokovic, Nadal and Murray are all great players but no one is as good as Federer at his best. He is too tennis what Messi is to football and Tiger is to golf.

Would be delighted to see him go all the way. One final showdown with Nadal in a Grand Slam Final would be epic.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His best chance to win number 18 in my opinion was 2014 US Open. On SF day Djokovic was beaten by Nishikori and Fed knew that a great roadblock had been taken out of the way. A combination of incredible tennis from Cilic and poor serving from Federer left him shellshocked.
    True - you can never rule out a Nadal troll-job. Federer might need a favour from Milos in the QF.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hoping Milos takes out Rafa. Fed is the slight favourite against Stan because despite reaching the SF, Stan hasn't played well. We haven't seen Stanimal yet, we haven't seen it in months. Even at the US Open that he won, he wasn't at his best. Federer has never lost to Stan off clay and on this quick court, if Fed's serve is clicking he should beat Stan imo.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Fed's best chance at #18 was US Open 2015. Yes he had Djokovic in the final but Djokovic played the worst he has ever played in a slam final. Fed had 24 BPs but only converted 4/5 of them. He choked badly. He had a good chance at US Open 2014 but he was still getting used to the new racquet and was coming of a long 5 setter against Monfils so he was never going to beat red hot Cilic.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't expect Nadal to take Milos down so easily. He and Roger are really playing their best tennis in a while.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Stan has a real knack for breaking the hearts of Fedal fans. I have a bad feeling that Stan is going knock out Federer.

Just saw Nadal vs Raonic highlights. Nadal was on fire, one of his forehands in the first set was in the highlights: the topspin was absolutely ridiculous.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    More and more hyperbole. I love discussing tennis with Federer fans because of this very fact.

Firstly let me state the following things to clear up any misundersanding. Federer is the greatest of all time. 17 grand slams is not matched at the moment and probably won't be for a long long time. I was a fan of Federer a very very long time ago and enjoyed his tennis as such up until the point when other fans started to discredit Nadal and Djokovic. The attitude towards Djokovic from Federer fans in 2008 is what finally turned me firmly against him.

Now onto the points highlighted in bold. I think it's a tough call between him and Nadal for best FH. But a great BH for Fed? It's his weakest shot and it's the reason why he was butched time and again by his chief rivals. If his BH was even a fraction better he'd be sitting with over 20 slams comfortably.

You say his ability to hit winners is unparalled, what winners? I think the most remarkable winners of all time have come from Nadal's FH (I'm not even a Nadal fan). I also think Djokovic is ahead of Federer in this regard because of those sliding BH cross court shots he hits.

Now onto the main point that makes me laugh when Federer fans make their arguments. Djokovic only started to beat Fed when Fed was old? Djokovic was beating fed as early as 2007 when he was 19. He beat Fed when he was 20 and Fed was 26 in a grans slam. Why is it that Fed fans use age as an excuse now for his defeats but completely overlook age as a factor when Djokovic was a kid and Fed was in his prime? Fed had age on his side to begin with and pulled away but as Djokovic matured and improved he slowly clawed his way back.

Whether Fed wins this slam or not, he will remain the best of all time. But the overhype of everything he does is unneccessary.
    Continually repeating hyperbole doesn't mean much.

IMO Federer's forehand is better than Nadal's because it is more effective on grass and hard courts.

Yes Federer's backhand is great, the only player that has successfully exploited the backhand when Federer was in his pomp was Nadal, one of the very best players of all time - no one else consistently killed that wing of Federer in his prime.

What winners ? That's just your bias speaking, Federer has consistently produced unbelievable, against the run of play winners. Ocassionally, Nadal also has produced spectacular winners but certainly not in the same league as Federer in this regard.

It's a fact that Federer's level dropped post the 2010 AO and only since the 2010 US Open was it that Djokovic began a level match up with Federer. Also in this h2h most matches were played after Federer was out of his prime and Djokovic was in his, so the question of Federer benefitting earlier on doesn't arise as Djokovic has benefitted substantially more considering the enormity of some of the matches he's played Federer in recently.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Federer wins the first set. Looks fairly unruffled thus far.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Federer ahead two sets to one, but Wawrinka is capable of turning the tide. I hope he does.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Federer ahead two sets to one, but Wawrinka is capable of turning the tide. I hope he does.
    Certainly possible. Wawrinka has grown into the game with time and Federer might be a tad fatigued playing the fifth set at his age.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wawrinka breaks !! That should seal the 4th set.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Federer breaks in the fifth set! Just two games away from the final.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strong finish from Federer to reach the final.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Nadal makes it, the TV ratings for the final will explode. A lot of sleeping Tennis fans will wake up to the final, myself included.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stan was the better player nevertheless a win is a win

One thing that makes me feel that 18 might actually happen this time since he didn't peak at the SF

Usually he does that and plays a bad final

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether he wins or not, he is in final at age 35 that too coming from 6 months injury layoff.The guy is 35 and half has just played 2 five setters in 3 matches and now in the final after getting arguably the toughest draw of his life

I'm really satisfied only thing I hope now, he has not broken his back again. I hope he is fit enough to compete the final

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Nadal makes it, the TV ratings for the final will explode. A lot of sleeping Tennis fans will wake up to the final, myself included.
    Rafa will be their unless something weird happens

Grigor is a different tennis player at the moment and very please to watch.....But i think he doesn't have the mental fortitude to play under this much pressure against a mighty opponent

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea Fan View Post
    Rafa will be their unless something weird happens

Grigor is a different tennis player at the moment and very please to watch.....But i think he doesn't have the mental fortitude to play under this much pressure against a mighty opponent
    AO isn't exactly the luckiest slam for Nadal. A lot of his unexpected losses come here.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow! I havent watched tennis in some time. But making a Grand slam final at the age of 35/36 when he's already acheived so much? Gonna watch it just for old times' sake. Hope nadal doesn't make it though.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Federer is getting destroyed by Nadal in the final. Consider his age, the fact that this is his first tournament in 6 months so fitness isn't up to standards yet, the fact that he has a slight leg injury for which he took a MTO and obviously his massive mental block against Nadal, Fed is so getting his backside kicked. I'm a massive Federer fan but I'm not very pleased about him beating Stan. Stan is his friend so he should have tanked to him. My heart can't take another slam final defeat for Roger. He has lost his last three and I can't bear to see him lose another one. I hope by some miracle Dimitrov beats Nadal or at least takes him to 5 sets so Nadal isn't in top physical condition for the final otherwise Federer has no chance.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I stopped watching tennis since the decline of Rafa. Good to see him doing well again

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    I stopped watching tennis since the decline of Rafa. Good to see him doing well again
    Then you're not a tennis fan.

Djokovic was out very early and Del Potro didn't even make this slam. Yet I've watched a lot of the tennis, almost as much as I would have had Djokovic and Del Po still been around.

There is more to tennis than just one player. Often then most entertaining matches are the ones the ones the elite players are not in. Klizan vs Wawrinka and Zverev vs Isner are just two.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Federer is getting destroyed by Nadal in the final.
    Under normal circumstances I would make Nadal firm favourite in that match up. But in these low bouncing and quick conditions (apparently the quickest court they'll play all year) it'll help Fed cover up his weaker wing.

Haroon786 said Federer's BH was great and only exposed by Nadal in their pomp. Well we should see some exposing if they do meet.

For all the hype building up now about this potential final. I wouldn't be surprised if it end up something like 6-4 6-3 7-5 to Nadal.

Of course Dimitrov still stands in the way.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hype over Fed is a joke now. They're supposed to be talking about this Dimitrov vs Nadal SF on Eurosport and all they're talking about is #18 and Fed.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nadal looking so good ! Just 3 games and some of his shots have been sensational !!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Breaks ! Rafa smokin his forehands and backhands. This one won't see a 4th set.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol..Dimitrov looks intimidated.

If I was Federer, I would be worried.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Then you're not a tennis fan.

Djokovic was out very early and Del Potro didn't even make this slam. Yet I've watched a lot of the tennis, almost as much as I would have had Djokovic and Del Po still been around.

There is more to tennis than just one player. Often then most entertaining matches are the ones the ones the elite players are not in. Klizan vs Wawrinka and Zverev vs Isner are just two.
    Time mangement

Cricket and football comes first, then I don't have the time to watch tennis. I always spared some time for Nadal matches. He is an inspiration for me.
    Last edited by shah_1; 27th January 2017 at 08:46.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nadal gets time warning, Dimitrov gets nothing. Very biased from the chair umpire.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grig is playing well enough to win the match,some of his shot making reminds me of old federer....so effortless yet very lethal

Though had a feeling that dimitrov's game is not sustainable against a great baseliner like Nadal......Interesting to see how long can he can he keep it up

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dimitrov just executed a perfect SABR, looked just like Federer. Good second set for him.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dimitrov is playing great

Good for him, never fulfilled his potential.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dimitrov takes the 2nd set

It's one set all

Nadal's better mental strength almost pulled him to a breaker this set but Greg's superior skills won him the set in the end so well done to him.....The match is nicely polished

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rafa breaks 3rd set ! Hope he does not lose focus now.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dimitrov's backhand in the 1st set was a disaster. Now he is hitting them flat and clean.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LAMO neither of them can hold serve to save their lives

No advantage for service games apparently

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dimitrov is not giving up

Loving his attitude

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nadal is falling apart now. The bite and kick in his serve is gone, forehand seems dodgy. Not good signs.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nadal is the not same player anymore

If it was 3 years ago then this was straight set win for Nadal

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So many unforced errors of Rafa forehand. Current game would have been an easy break if he played even normal tennis.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So many unforced errors of Rafa forehand. Current game would have been an easy break if he played even normal tennis.
    He played so well in the first set, his game has gone down a bit since the warning.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    His played so well in the first set, his game has gone down a bit since the warning.
    Nadal has himself to blame here. He has thrown away countless chances in this 3rd set. Most Top 100 players would have broken DImitrov at least twice by now.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nadal is a fighter

LEGEND

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nadal takes the 3rd set !!!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Xisca bhabhi looks so emotional.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Come on Rafa!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dimitrov's hitting is great when he lets it go. Should never hold back if he is that good attacking.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great match and brillant from Dimitrov

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    4th set was phenomenal. Both the players gave it their all.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too tense match....Worth a semifinal quality

Love Dimi's attacking approach right now. This deserves a lot of respect in of itself