Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    This attitude is what I love about Nadal. He is never bitter about losing.
    He's a genuine person, that's why people like him. You can tell that he is happy for Federer.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    I don't mind Roger winning, I rather he has the record than Novak.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    True Nadal is a very generous human being and a legend in his own right! But his style of play was far too demanding and it's taken its toll.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Classy speeches from Rafa and Federer.
    Last edited by Aman; 29th January 2017 at 12:38.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rafa did not say the usual "I look forward to returning here". Federer too just urged Rafa to keep playing. Could this be a hint that Rafa will retire this year?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Rafa did not say the usual "I look forward to returning here". Federer too just urged Rafa to keep playing. Could this be a hint that Rafa will retire this year?
    Rafa's legs are gone man...

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Rafa's legs are gone man...
    Yeah, I think he won't be playing Aussie open again, and I have a feeling Roger knows something about it too, hence the unusually Rafa-centric speech.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Taking big L's this week...

Heat, Nadal, Barca, Styles and Balor (wins the Rumble..)....

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    Novak isn't getting 50% of his slam total considering he's 30 in a few months.
    There's no Nadal or Federer standing in his way now.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The moment when hawk eye shows the ball was in is precious it can ever be

By far the best match Federer has ever played not from a level perspective but from guts and grit......... undoubtedly the best slam he has ever won

Break down in the 5th set, facing clutch Rafa.Comes back and lifts the trophy
    GOAT stuff

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2007 and 2008 Wimbledon finals were better than the 2012 AO final.
    I guess it's a case of different styles.

Federer vs Nadal was always style vs athleticism to me. Whereas Djokovic vs Nadal showed me the highest level a human can achieve physically.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fed may not be in his physical prime and hid groundstrokes may nto be what they were, but I've never seen him dig deeper to win.

Unbelievable match. The quality wasn't like AO 2009, but the drama and grit, determination, and fight from both was outrageous

This is surely one of the greatest of the match ever

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post

Federer vs Nadal was always style vs athleticism to me. Whereas Djokovic vs Nadal showed me the highest level a human can achieve physically.
    Djokovic Nadal Australian Open 2012 match was the most overrated match in history. More of the match was just boring predictable long rallies. Federer-Nadal or Federer-Djokovic matches are way better because of the contrast in styles.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter. Djokovic isn't winning more than 2-3 majors. His decline has started and he is losing more and more often to nobodies.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is certainly the best ever till date.

But I think Djokovic might challenge him. Nadal's body is too fragile to last till 35.
    He need to win 6 slam from here to match fed and thats from reality considering he is in his 30

Not everyone can't play like federer when once get past 30's also there are many young talented players knocking the door and some quality one's are still here in the likes of murray and wawrika moreover fed/nadal are not done yet

Also once he get past(which is now) his prime am not seeing a overpowering baseliner like djoko surviving too long

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Kochi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea Fan View Post
    He need to win 6 slam from here to match fed and thats from reality considering he is in his 30

Not everyone can't play like federer when once get past 30's also there are many young talented players knocking the door and some quality one's are still here in the likes of murray and wawrika moreover fed/nadal are not done yet

Also once he get past(which is now) his prime am not seeing a overpowering baseliner like djoko surviving too long
    For many people, it always feels better to see the Aesthetically pleasing guy being on top.. How would we feel if Cook overtook Sachin in tests .. ?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    I'm literally in tears. This means so much to me. The best sporting moment ever. Even better than Pakistan winning T20 WC. Let's be honest. Tennis is a way better sport than boring cricket.
    Today the quality of the match is too high and 2 of the greatest players the game has ever seen competing nail to nail ........I have seen many dull and dusted tennis matches in my miserable life so every game has its own quality and defect nevertheless even sometimes i too felt the same when i saw some great football matches

The duration of football and tennis were too small compared to cricket and thats why most of those matches are engaging and easy to watch

But its really unfair to compare diff sports better to say we all are lucky to enjoy all these sports

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    For many people, it always feels better to see the Aesthetically pleasing guy being on top.. How would we feel if Cook overtook Sachin in tests .. ?
    Thats up to their personal choices...Messi is more aesthetically pleasing than ronaldo but still many would prefer to watch ronaldo even i would do the same

Here aesthetically or statically roger is head and shoulders above the rest and no way seeing anyone come close to him especially djoko.....i still think if anyone can challenge him statically thats nadal.....

For sachin and cook even if cook ends up with most runs.....still their is country mile diff bw both as batsmans.....anyone who watch both of them know that

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    I can't think of a rivalry bigger than Federer and Nadal in sport, it has transcended Tennis and brought so much interest to the sport.

I wasn't planning on watching any of the tournament because of Nadal's form, but after hearing that the two were performing and that they may meet up in the Final, I gave in and watched some Tennis again after god knows how long.

There is no Tennis without these two, man it is going to suck when both of them retire.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nadal's game is so demanding, finally it's taken a toll on his knees. This was his best chance with no Murray and Djokovic. He might win another French Open this year but that's about it.

At his prime, I feel he was the greatest player ever but overall Federer is the GOAT.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is honestly the greatest sporting achievement of all time. I'm still crying.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Kochi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    At his prime, I feel he was the greatest player ever but overall Federer is the GOAT.
    Having been a longtime Nadal fan I wasn't sold on Fedex as the GOAT , TILL THIS MATCH..

Some of the shots federer played & the angles he created were just unbeleivable.. So was his ability to hit aces under pressure (20-4 !)

To do this at this advanced age, with everyone including him writing him off at the start of the tournament is what makes him the GOAT for me .. Its not just about having a single peak period , but mounting comebacks like this that seals it .... Nadal's playing style is too demanding to be able to comeback the way federer did.. Hope he does so !

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is honestly the greatest sporting achievement of all time. I'm still crying.
    Get a grip. Firstly it's sport and anyone shedding tears over sport needs to understand is important in life. You've been typing the same kind of rubbish that Indian cricket fans did about Tendulkar.

Greatest sporting achievement? It's not even close mate, not even close. Might be one of the greatest this decade but with what Bolt has done I think that it's up for debate.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched up until the start of set 3, obviously working on my new home is far more important that a tennis match. From what I saw the speed of the courts meant that Federer's weakness wasn't as much of a weakness. Other than that there's not much to read into the match.

Yes Federer is the greatest of all time, he would still have been (although not every Nadal fan would have agreed) even if had lost today. But the hype now is just going over the top.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see the last set, but Fed took a time out? I hope Federer fans never ever speak of someone else's MTO again. If anyone else had done the same, can you imagine the noise people would have made. As it's Fed there will be no talk of it in the press.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    tough loss Rafa! never mind he's always people's champion! BTW Congrats FedEx

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    I didn't see the last set, but Fed took a time out? I hope Federer fans never ever speak of someone else's MTO again. If anyone else had done the same, can you imagine the noise people would have made. As it's Fed there will be no talk of it in the press.
    Federer took a MTO indeed but he took it in between the sets. There is nothing wrong with that. Djokovic does it during the sets and before his opponent is about to serve. Big difference.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't mind Roger winning, I rather he has the record than Novak.
    What's wrong with Novak? He is also a nice guy (I am pro Federer by the way)

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    What's wrong with Novak? He is also a nice guy (I am pro Federer by the way)
    What's wrong with Novak is that he came and spoiled the Federer party. He spoiled it over and over and over. With each beating the media and Federer fans would get more and more unfriendly towards him.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Federer took a MTO indeed but he took it in between the sets. There is nothing wrong with that. Djokovic does it during the sets and before his opponent is about to serve. Big difference.
    So I think what you are meaning to say is that Federer didn't break any rules when he took the MTO. Fair enough can't argue against that. But Djokovic taking his MTOs at the start, middle or end of sets is also not breaking any rules. So technically there's nothing wrong with that either.

The double standards are a joke really. How can you sit there and type what you do and actually believe it to be true?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Nadal or Federer didn't knock him out of the last 3 slams either.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Highest level of tennis ?

I disagree, that particular final was majority rallies which were about either player making a mistake, that sort of tennis is defensive and quite mundane despite the ever shifting momentum flows and the subsequent emotional ebbs and lows emanating from it.

Wawrinka - Djokovic AO matches are full of exciting winners and tantalising stroke play for instance.

Out of all the big 3 rivalries, I'd say the Federer-Djokovic FO 2011 SF is the most high quality match personally - worth watching the highlights.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wawrinka - Djokovic AO matches are full of exciting winners and tantalising stroke play for instance.

Out of all the big 3 rivalries, I'd say the Federer-Djokovic FO 2011 SF is the most high quality match personally - worth watching the highlights.
    The RG 2011 SF was good but their US Open SF that year was even better. The final between Djokovic and Nadal that year was a level above even still. Djokovic vs Nadal 2013 RG was perhaps the most insane level of tennis in that rivalry. 2013 RG SF between Djokovic and Nadal walks over the 2011 SF. Perhaps Djokovic vs Wawrinka is up there too, but only their 2013 meeting and the RG final of 2015 because of Stan's crazy ballbashing.
    Last edited by bones; 30th January 2017 at 07:58.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Highest level of tennis ?

I disagree, that particular final was majority rallies which were about either player making a mistake, that sort of tennis is defensive and quite mundane despite the ever shifting momentum flows and the subsequent emotional ebbs and lows emanating from it.

I said the match was the highest extent that I've seen human physical abilities being pushed. They pushed themselves to the absolute brink of their physical abilities and both being absolute physical and athletic specimens, that was probably the best I've seen the human athletic abilities being pushed.

Also depends on the way you see it. Sometimes defensive tennis being played to perfection can also be intriguing to see.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a grip. Firstly it's sport and anyone shedding tears over sport needs to understand is important in life. You've been typing the same kind of rubbish that Indian cricket fans did about Tendulkar.

Greatest sporting achievement? It's not even close mate, not even close. Might be one of the greatest this decade but with what Bolt has done I think that it's up for debate.
    Bolt is an absolute beast but i would prefer Michael phelps achievements as the best of our time.....Boult dosn't have the competition eversince he hits his peak,obviously thats because of his higher standards he sets but watching his races were pretty dull,In almost every matches he was jogging in the first and last 20-30 meters

Phelps on the other hand has been challenged in some of his events still his medal tally are more than twice as many as any other olympians and more than some entire nations

Bolt has the indubitable dominance where phelps has the longevity and the multifariousness
    Last edited by Protea Fan; 30th January 2017 at 16:22.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    So I think what you are meaning to say is that Federer didn't break any rules when he took the MTO. Fair enough can't argue against that. But Djokovic taking his MTOs at the start, middle or end of sets is also not breaking any rules. So technically there's nothing wrong with that either.

The double standards are a joke really. How can you sit there and type what you do and actually believe it to be true?
    No, the problem is Djokovic takes MTOs during sets. He has taken MTOs prior to his opponent serving for the match. Federer's MTOs after a set is over is legit. And besides how often has Federer taken MTOs? Not very often and he is coming back from an injury hit season so he can be excused. Of course if Federer starts to take MTOs on a regular basis then he should be rightfully criticised.