Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Line and Length

I was practicing my killer leg-breaks today. Most deliveries were going down the leg side though. I was playing with tape ball on the street. Any tips on how to improve my line?

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    practice, practice, practice, try putting different objects down eg.
    a cone and hit them, leg spin is a hard trade to grasp.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The front arm is your guide.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't offer much more detailed advice than keep practicing, like Ellipsism said. Video of your bowling would help though, there might be some things you could change with your action that will improve your accuracy.

Too many of my leg breaks used to land too far outside off stump and it wasn't until I stumbled across a Stuart MacGill video during a late night binge of youtube bowling technique videos that I realised my back foot wasn't aligned correctly. It was a really tiny thing that ended up making quite a big difference.
    Last edited by Big Mac; 24th January 2017 at 00:43.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    The front arm is your guide.
    Yeah but I don't wanna look like a swimmer like Afridi.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Can't offer much more detailed advice than keep practicing, like Ellipsism said. Video of your bowling would help though, there might be some things you could change with your action that will improve your accuracy.

Too many of my leg breaks used to land too far outside off stump and it wasn't until I stumbled across a Stuart MacGill video during a late night binge of youtube bowling technique videos that I realised my back foot wasn't aligned correctly. It was a really tiny thing that ended up making quite a big difference.

Well planting my front foot hard helps me use my hips. Which is a major key for leg spin.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its all about whether u r open chested or closed chested. so a video would help
    try to pivot the front foot and hips as u come through your action, around towards slips.
    getting through ur action means that as u come into bowl and ur front foot lands ur body is facing square leg position and as u bowl and follow through your body is facing point

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve